~Hakurei Shrine~ > Patchouli's Scarlet Library

東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence

<< < (5/6) > >>

OkuuFallout:
Update: September ⑨, 2022 (Cirno Day)

I have decided that chapters 5-8 will be released all at once, rather than individually when I finish them. You may be wondering why, in which I will say that I can't reveal the reasoning quite yet, but you'll probably understand once they are finished and released.

As a result, CoVE will appear to be on hiatus, but that's not the case, since I'm going to draft 4 chapters before releasing them. I estimate that, since I'm essentially doubling the current story length, it will be at the most ~2 months, and at the least a few weeks.

I am looking forward to what you guys will think of these coming chapters, as you might not expect what is coming ^_^

OkuuFallout:
I just updated the document with a new update. Here it is:

Status Update: 10/04/2022

Hello there. Just in case you were wondering, I haven’t gotten much progress done. Heck, before today I only had a single paragraph done for Chapter 5. So yes, I had writer’s block, but I have an excuse this time. I’m introducing my least favorite Touhou character to the story, so it’s been pretty hard to think of what I want to do for Chapter 5. But after thinking about it, I still have no idea what to do (^^; But I’m just going to go with the flow for now, as I usually do, and hopefully I’ll finish Chapter 5 soon (and bring in that one girl as little as possible).
Stay tuned!

OkuuFallout:
It's been a month since I last gave a status update, huh?

So on 10/07/2022 I finished Chapter 5. As I said previously, I will not update this until the next "Act". In fact, from now on I'll be posting by "Acts". So once Act 2 is done, I'll publish it to my document and Wattpad, then I'll work on Act 3, and you get the idea.
Here is yesterday's update to the doc:

Status Update: 11/03/2022

Hello everyone, OkuuFallout here. I have made a few minor changes to my Wattpad version of Touhou CoVE. But that’s not the most important part. A few days ago, I started working on Chapter 6 after a brief hiatus where I needed to know where to go next with it. I’ve figured it out, I just need to overcome a little roadblock in the chapter content. I’ve been wondering if I should lengthen the newer chapters out a bit, but as of now, I believe I will just continue the usual way.

Another minor thing I did was I reposted the main document to Twitter, along with a newer post with my Wattpad link if people prefer it that way.

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: OkuuFallout on November 04, 2022, 02:51:18 PM ---It's been a month since I last gave a status update, huh?

So on 10/07/2022 I finished Chapter 5. As I said previously, I will not update this until the next "Act". In fact, from now on I'll be posting by "Acts". So once Act 2 is done, I'll publish it to my document and Wattpad, then I'll work on Act 3, and you get the idea.
Here is yesterday's update to the doc:

Status Update: 11/03/2022

Hello everyone, OkuuFallout here. I have made a few minor changes to my Wattpad version of Touhou CoVE. But that’s not the most important part. A few days ago, I started working on Chapter 6 after a brief hiatus where I needed to know where to go next with it. I’ve figured it out, I just need to overcome a little roadblock in the chapter content. I’ve been wondering if I should lengthen the newer chapters out a bit, but as of now, I believe I will just continue the usual way.

Another minor thing I did was I reposted the main document to Twitter, along with a newer post with my Wattpad link if people prefer it that way.

--- End quote ---
Is an "Act" equal to a Chapter" or "A Number of Chapters are to form an Act"? Is there going to.a n Index,a Table of Context, or somesuch?Thanks for your work and answering.

OkuuFallout:

--- Quote from: Branneg Xy on November 05, 2022, 11:00:13 AM --- Is an "Act" equal to a Chapter" or "A Number of Chapters are to form an Act"? Is there going to.a n Index,a Table of Context, or somesuch?Thanks for your work and answering.

--- End quote ---

So due to the short length of my chapters (with the exception of Chapter 3), I felt I might need to combine them somehow. But each chapter was its own thing entirely, so I didn't want to just combine them all and call it good. That's when I thought of a system of acts. The first four chapters are unique enough in their own right, but similar enough to categorize them all as an act. In the future, I might change this to the overall prologue of the story, but I'll keep it as it is for now.

As for the Table of Contents, I do have one, it just doesn't have page numbers. Instead, they are clickable links to automatically jump to that specific chapter. If people would prefer, I could make it based on page numbers, but for some reason it won't allow me to do both, and to fix that, I'd have to manually input each chapter's page to the Table of Contents. I'll work on trying to fix this, but worst case scenario, I'll just manually do it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version