Author Topic: Guidance Quest  (Read 37800 times)

Re: Guidance Quest
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2022, 09:38:14 PM »
>*Sniffle* It will be me for a while.

>Makai way the shrine maiden went from her shrine to the gate to the Ruins of Vina then finally to fallen temple.

>Via hell she went from her shrine to a hokoro to the Rotting World of Flame then finally to the silent temple.

>Does that help any?

//Is there anyone else that wants to play or play a different character.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2022, 11:31:44 PM »
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

Objectives:
-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>*Sniffle* It will be me for a while.

>Makai way the shrine maiden went from her shrine to the gate to the Ruins of Vina then finally to fallen temple.

>Via hell she went from her shrine to a hokoro to the Rotting World of Flame then finally to the silent temple.

>Does that help any?
>"...I believe only the Makai specific information was necessary. I have never been outside of it so I would know nothing about Hell."

>Sariel adjusts her flight path back towards the general direction of Vina
>"So in theory I would just need to locate the old roads leading out Vina and follow each... Simple enough I suppose."
>'At least that means I get to actually follow something rather than fly about aimlessly until I stumble upon the gate...'

//Is there anyone else that wants to play or play a different character.
<A few more chances, I will give. But if there is no change within a few days of your time, we may need to have a discussion regarding the fate of your connection...>

>_

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2022, 12:06:16 AM »
>That's my bet

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2022, 02:58:56 AM »
??: ? (Unlock criteria: Complete 1 objective.)

???????????? (Unlock criteria: Obtain ?? ????? ??? ??.)

Objectives:
-Find out how long it's been. (Reward: ???)

>That's my bet
>Sariel simply nods before continuing on her route.

>...

>There were only a few roads leading out of Vina, and all of them were poorly maintained. Nonetheless, Sariel quickly rules out the one road that seemed to lead towards the capital and follows one leading towards a mountain range in the distance.

>After flying for about half an hour, she finds what she was looking for, a large alcove carved within the mountainside with an ornate gate nestled inside. Spreading her wings, Sariel gracefully descends in front of the massive stone doors and promptly pushes them aside. As the doors swing open, they reveal a rather large, dark chamber with an ominous red swirling platform in the center, surrounded by six magical pillars arranged evenly around it in a roughly hexagonal formation.

>Also present in the room is a stool, with its occupant being a pinkette in a red dress who seems to have been startled by the sudden intrusion. As Sariel proceeds into the chamber, the pink haired girl stands up straight and quickly positions herself between Sariel and her destination.

>"Halt!" she says confidently, though the effect is diminished by the significant height advantage Sariel has over her, "State your business at the gate of Makai."

>Sariel stops for a moment, perplexed. "...I have come to use the gate. Why else would I be here?"

>"O-Oh..." the girl falters, "R-Right, uh... Well, do you have your written permission from Lady Shinki?"

>Sariel's eyes narrow, "...Do you even know who I am?"

>"Um..."

>"Tch. You must be relatively young then. I suppose that offense is forgivable, just this once." Sariel unfurls her wings to their full length, "Listen well, worm. You stand in the presence of Sariel, Makai's Harbinger of the End, Archangel of Death, and Firstborn of Shinki. It would do you well to remember it..."

>"...Um... O...kay?" The pinkette blinks, "...I'd still like to see your writ of permission, though... er... Miss Sariel."

>' "Miss" Sariel...? Hmph. Do they really not teach the lesser daemons proper respect these days, or is this one just dense?'
>"You dare treat me as if I were some common daemon? I am above such nonsense..." Sariel frowns

>"L-Look... It's standard procedure..." the pinkette sweatdrops, "Ever since the whole tourism fiasco, anyone who isn't directly summoned by a magician needs special permission to go Gensokyo. Something about an agreement Lady Shinki made with those on the other side."

>"Insolent girl, you are trying my patience..." Sariel's frown deepens.
>'Perhaps I should just blast her and be on my way...'
>_
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 03:12:36 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2022, 03:18:04 AM »
>She may be useful.

>Ask her when the rule was set.  I think that would have occurred a year after your meeting with the shrine maiden.

>I do know that shrine maiden was still young at that time.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2022, 11:25:59 PM »
SP: 1
Purchases:
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

???????? UNLOCK CRITERIA: Create an ability.

Objectives:
-(Your charge has not defined any further objectives.)

>She may be useful.

>Ask her when the rule was set.  I think that would have occurred a year after your meeting with the shrine maiden.

>I do know that shrine maiden was still young at that time.
>"Hmph..." Sariel considers for a moment before lowering her wand slightly, "Fortunately for you, I am also in need of information... Tell me, how many years has this rule been in place?"

>"Huh?" the girl blinks at the sudden change in demeanor, "Well... uh... I think it's been almost two decades now...? Like, 18-20 years or so."
>She pauses.
>"Gee, has it really been that long...?"

>"Almost two decades? Hm, I see..." Sariel considers, "So it's possible she's alive then. Excellent..."

>Objective completed: Find out how long it's been.
>Obtained 1 SP.
>Unlock Criteria met: Complete an objective!
>Unlock Criteria met: Obtain at least one SP!
>Something shifts within your bond. New information has revealed itself to you.

>"...She?" the pinkette questions.

>"It's nothing of your concern. Now step aside, girl, or else you will experience the full wrath of the Angel of Destruction."

>"H-Hey! First of all my name isn't girl, it's Sara!" she frowns, "Second, uh... n-no matter who you think you are, I can't just let you walk by... I-I'll get in trouble too if I did that!"

>"...Voices, er... voice... May I blast her now?"

>"...Voice???" Sara blinks in confusion, looking around the room for the presence of anyone else.
>_

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2022, 11:33:54 PM »
>Please don't hurt her too bad. She gave us a decent boon.

>We got a point.  It can be used to help you recover your power or saved up to give you an ability.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2022, 01:03:53 AM »
Purchases:
>Speed Recovery (1 SP) - Speeds up Sariel's recovery, allowing her access to more of her natural power and strength. Repeatable. Cost doubles with every purchase.
>Ability Fabrication (5+X SP, where X is the relative power of the ability) - Create a new ability for Sariel to use. Does not automatically equip it.
>Swap Ability (1 SP) - Swaps out an occupied ability slot with an inactive ability.
>Create Ability Slot (10 SP) - Allows Sariel to have an additional active ability. Cost increases with repeated purchases.
>Establish Connection (5 SP) - Allows the collective to create a secondary bond with another character, allowing for direct communication without having to have Sariel speak for them. The character must have interacted with Sariel at least once to be considered a valid target.
>????? - UNLOCK CRITERIA: Establish at least one secondary bond and have at least 2 ability slots.

Objectives:
>Please don't hurt her too bad. She gave us a decent boon.
>"...I did not see her give me anything."

>"I did whatnow?" Sara questions.

>We got a point.  It can be used to help you recover your power or saved up to give you an ability.
>"A... point...?" Sariel blinks, "Explain."

>Sara glances around in confusion once more, "...Who are you even talking to???"
>_

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2022, 01:12:49 AM »
>Right, it seems by completing quests we get a point that can used to help you.

>For some reason it is called a SP. No idea what it stands for.

>Here is what is says about spending the SP.
Quote from:  System

>I'm not aware of more than this.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2022, 11:22:24 PM »
Purchases:

Objectives:

>Right, it seems by completing quests we get a point that can used to help you.

>For some reason it is called a SP. No idea what it stands for.

>Here is what is says about spending the SP.
>I'm not aware of more than this.
>Sariel winces as a sound of static fills her brain in the middle of your message.
>"What in Shinki's name was that?!" she frowns.

<Injecting information meant for your eyes only can be potentially dangerous. Telling your charge about what you can do is fine, though directly feeding the information to her in that specific manner is forbidden. Consider yourselves warned.>

<...Or yourself, in this case. The single voice that still stands alone...>

<A shame, really. Things have just started to become interesting and yet only one member of the collective remains committed...>

<One day. I will wait one more day of your time, and not a moment more, before we must discuss the fate of this experiment...>

>Sara simply fidgets nervously in her position. "Why is it always the nutjobs..."
>_

Time remaining until thread fate discussion due to too few players:
[ Expired ]

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2022, 11:53:56 PM »
>That static was a filter for information directly transmitted to you that I need to say

>It was saying that a point can be used to help restore your strength, and 5 + plus to give you an ability where the points above 5 indicate strength.

>We should hurry.  The system will be discussing the link due to the lack of others.

>I'll try to help accelerate your recovery

[X]Spend point on speedy recovery

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2022, 11:59:30 PM »
>That static was a filter for information directly transmitted to you that I need to say

>It was saying that a point can be used to help restore your strength, and 5 + plus to give you an ability where the points above 5 indicate strength.

>We should hurry.  The system will be discussing the link due to the lack of others.

>I'll try to help accelerate your recovery

[X]Spend point on speedy recovery

[X] Don't. Interject amidst the presented options of the previous voice.

> Do not worry about it, Sariel, it does not pertain to you directly. We apologize for the discomfort.
> Now, from what I've considered, it will be best for you to think of us as your guides. We don't control you, and neither do you control us, but having another perspective on the world is useful, is it not? ...Well, when you don't get harmed through a slip of the tongue.

> Despite no control over the other on either side, cooperation with us will be in your best interest, even if you do decide to betray and disregard us later.
> I can understand your impatience, but I'll make it worth your time if you can spare a bit of patience for us. First off, apologize to Sara, introduce yourself to her respectively, that is, without thinking of her as a lower being. We will proceed from there.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2022, 12:20:07 AM »
Purchases:

Objectives:

> Do not worry about it, Sariel, it does not pertain to you directly. We apologize for the discomfort.
>"I see..." she frowns, "Your voice has a slight echo to it again. I suppose you are no longer alone?"

> Now, from what I've considered, it will be best for you to think of us as your guides. We don't control you, and neither do you control us, but having another perspective on the world is useful, is it not? ...Well, when you don't get harmed through a slip of the tongue.
>"I suppose..." she considers for a moment, "...Why me anyway? Could you not have chosen literally anyone else to... 'guide'?"

> Despite no control over the other on either side, cooperation with us will be in your best interest, even if you do decide to betray and disregard us later.
> I can understand your impatience, but I'll make it worth your time if you can spare a bit of patience for us. First off, apologize to Sara, introduce yourself to her respectively, that is, without thinking of her as a lower being. We will proceed from there.
>"Without thinking of her as... ...But she is a lower being is she not?" Sariel tilts her head.

>"H-Hey! Being Makai's gatekeeper is an important title to have you know!" Sara frowns.
>_

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2022, 12:36:41 AM »
> Humble us. Go on. It won't kill you, will it? It's not as though we're asking you to look up to her as someone better.

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2022, 03:11:05 AM »
>It would be beneficial if you can get her to look the other way.

>If you beat her then that could lead Makai sending people after you because of the treaty.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2022, 03:44:55 AM »
Countdown postponed.
Purchases:

Objectives:

> Humble us. Go on. It won't kill you, will it? It's not as though we're asking you to look up to her as someone better.
>It would be beneficial if you can get her to look the other way.

>If you beat her then that could lead Makai sending people after you because of the treaty.
>Sariel frowns as she processes your words.
>"Hmph... Very well."
>She quickly snaps her gaze over to Sara, who flinches at the sudden eye contact.

>"I... apologize... for earlier..."

>"U-Um... okay???" Sara backs off slightly, "I-I still can't let you through without the required documents..."

>"..." Sariel says nothing, but redirects her gaze to a random spot on the wall behind Sara.

>"Um..." the pinkette shifts awkwardly, "Are you okay...?"

>"..."

>"...What are you staring at?"

>"..."

>The gatekeeper slowly begins to turn around. As soon as she does so, Sariel immediately springs into action, launching herself towards the red swirl in the center of the room with a thrust of her wings that has the added effect of throwing Sara off balance from the sheer force of the gust.

>"H-Hey! Wait! Stop!" Sara scrambles as she recovers, but by then Sariel was already being enveloped in a red light...

>Sariel emerges from the portal inside of a large cavern, before calmly stepping off the platform and making her way towards the light at the end of the tunnel.

>"You were right. Making her look the other way was beneficial... Perhaps I should use that tactic on fools more often."
>_

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2022, 03:58:19 AM »
> It would do us well if we learned more about the current Makai as well, not just-
> ...
> ...Well, this is disappointing. I've underestimated your impatience. No, my apologies. Rather, I underestimated the other voice's influence.
> No, no. This won't do. This complicates things much more than intended. It will be difficult for me to invest in meaningful contribution at this rate without incurring losses myself.
> Defer to the other guide. Perhaps they already have a plan to make something of this predicament.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2022, 04:18:04 AM »
Purchases:

Objectives:
> It would do us well if we learned more about the current Makai as well, not just-
> ...
> ...Well, this is disappointing. I've underestimated your impatience. No, my apologies. Rather, I underestimated the other voice's influence.
> No, no. This won't do. This complicates things much more than intended. It will be difficult for me to invest in meaningful contribution at this rate without incurring losses myself.
> Defer to the other guide. Perhaps they already have a plan to make something of this predicament.
>"...Did I do something wrong?" Sariel blinks, "I apologized, made her look the other way, and refrained from beating her. Is that not what you asked?"
>"Also my apologies if it was primarily the other voice's influence. You all sound similar to me."
>_

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2022, 04:34:52 AM »
>I had access to more information about Gensokyo.  It seemed like the logical place to go.

>I could end my speeches with Ph if that helps. Ph

>What do you see?

//What was your plan Neo?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2022, 05:36:04 AM »
Countdown resumed...
[ Expired ]

//Just in case...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2022, 11:41:37 PM »
//I take full blame for what happened to this quest.
============
>Connection lost. (ADMIN INTERRUPT)

<So...>

<It appears the time has come. For a moment there it actually seemed like there was a chance for the experiment to continue, but I suppose not all members of the collective can be satisfied with every outcome...>

<Therefore, it has come to this. I will offer you three choices on what should be done moving forward.>

<The simplest solution would be to abandon the experiment entirely. Perhaps it was never meant to be revived in the first place... Choose this option, and this "thread" as you call it will be closed forever, and you will never have to speak with a being such as myself ever again.>

<The second solution, as previously proposed, is a restart of the experiment. You will be allowed to select a new charge and Guidance can begin anew with a subject every voice can be happy with. However, the penalty for this is that Sariel will no longer be an option moving forward. Additionally, all Special Points that you have accumulated thus far will need to be reset to zero.>

<Finally, you could simply just continue, though given the circumstances I am unsure if you'd even want to...>

<Make your choice. You have 48 hours of your time to come to a unanimous decision. (Or a majority, should a third voice somehow decide to join during this time.)>

<Should there be no consensus at the end of the discussion period, or no replies at all. I will default to abandoning the experiment.>

Time Remaining:
[ Expired ]

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2022, 12:52:09 AM »
<I would say just continue, but both of the votes for the current character were from players that aren't following this anymore. Unless they return or Phil wants to stick with Sariel anyways, it makes the most sense to Restart.>

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2022, 02:11:04 AM »
<I'm OK with restarting.  I would like to spend the point on healing Sariel before getting a new character.>

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2022, 03:18:27 AM »
<...It appears a consensus has been reached quicker than anticipated.>

<Very well, the experiment will be restarted.>

<Before then, may I ask why you wish to spend the point? It's not as if it would affect the outcome of the next iteration.>

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2022, 03:38:26 AM »
<A farewell gift.>

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2022, 04:11:30 AM »
<... ... ... ...>

<Very well. That SP would've been zeroed out in the next iteration anyway.>

===========

(SP spent.)

>Sariel stopped in place for a moment as a year's worth of strength recovery surges through her body, the cracks in her wand partially mending and a feeling of power exudes from her six wings for but a brief moment.

>She questioned the voices in her head regarding her sudden and unexplained recovery, but received no reply as the collective's presence faded from her mind for the final time...

>After waiting several minutes for an answer, Sariel eventually shrugged, before continuing on her way...

>End(?)

==================

<A new "thread" shall be created to support the restart. Please "wait warmly" as they say.>

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2022, 04:30:44 AM »

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2022, 12:21:14 AM »
This was a very unfortunate end to a thread that had incredible potential. I don't suppose there would be a way to continue this specific story in the same way, would there? My only hope lies in a single character, a question mark:

>End(?)

Perhaps this could be salvaged, or perhaps not. I would try to salvage it myself, but the ending on a cliffhanger makes it difficult to do that. Not to mention, I would have little idea on how to even handle hosting a Guidance Quest. I hope that we can do another thread on Sariel at some point.