Author Topic: Where can I get MIDI versions of the songs from Kaisendou games (e.g. TLC)?  (Read 4184 times)

Madame Emiko

• Shingon-mitama no Kuusou Tenshi
  • Artistic Talent in Full Bloom!
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
When I looked at the Touhou MIDI repo at GameBanana, in the "Fan Games and Related Games" section, while I can find the MIDIs of some songs in some Kaisendou games (such as Book of Star Mythology and Mystic Power Plant), but I cannot find the MIDIs of other songs in the Kaisendou games (especially the tracks in TLC and TF (OtTW), which I would really like to make a cover of).

Can any of you give out some sites where I can get the MIDI versions of songs in Kaisendou games (especially TLC and TF (OtTW))? (btw what I am looking for is MIDI transcriptions, not piano tutorial MIDIs or black MIDIs).

All of your help will be appreciated!

Madame Emiko

• Twitter
    • YouTube
GUIDELINES ON GIVING ME A KAISENDOU MIDI REPO:

- The site's link must not be broken.
- The site must have MIDI DLs for each MIDI, so that I can make use of the MIDIs on such sites.
- The DL links of that site must be active. Do not give me a site where all MIDI DLs are broken! I don't want to call you a DONKEY because of you giving me some sites that say they have Kaisendou MIDIs, but when I clicked on the DLs it does worthless stuff!

That's all.
Hope you can conform to those guidelines!

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the midis in question seem to all be sequenced from scratch. they're not ripped from anywhere or packaged with the games, and i personally couldn't find any other ones besides the ones that already are on gamebanana (searching both on vgmusic and through the works of the two sequencers mentioned there, as well as the original composer's bandcamp) so i'm fairly certain that unless you're either able to get in touch with wanwan himself and somehow convince him to send you any midi files he still might have or find and persuade/commission people to sequence more of them, you're out of luck.

probably not what you wanted to hear, but i'd say it's better than getting no answer at all.

Madame Emiko

• Twitter
    • YouTube
Wanwan has a YouTube, Bandcamp, Soundcloud and NicoNico. But for now, contacting him via Bandcamp would be the best choice, but so far if I want to get the most efficient communication with him, I have to use a translator to translate my speech to Japanese (as well as his speech (if it is in Japanese) to English). That's tedious job for me, as evident when I uses translators to translate my fanmade's Seihou game's text. I have to input the EN text in, and then switch to JP mode, making any fixes to the JP mode so that it suits the context rather than input the raw, uninteresting Google Translated text into my game.

The reason I crave for MIDI versions of Wanwan's Kaisendou music is that in his works there are 3 (or 4 if I count Michel's theme) tracks that I really likes and want to make a cover of, which are: Mankind's Salvation Plan (Iesua's theme), Angelic Night (Saraka's theme, contains bits of Sariel's theme), Absolute Lily (Tamako's theme), to which the final one is the most pleasing to hear because of the shamisen and the church organ playing in unison in that track, which is something rare for "ecclesiastical" music in both real life and video games. And if Wanwan releases MIDI versions of Kaisendou tracks, then it would attract more fans to the Kaisendou games, who will then make cover versions of these tracks, as long as they don't rip instrumentations from the actual tracks for their covers.

Hope all of you understand this.

Madame Emiko

• Twitter
    • YouTube
OK, so even though I have contacted Wanwan via his Bandcamp, he still did not answer. So is ShinkoNet, another MIDI transcriptionist who had done some Kaisendou tracks (those from BoSM and HSoB). Wanwan is pretty inactive these days, but I guess ShinkoNet is more active since they have done several tracks and posted them on their YT channel pretty frequently, and so are their MIDIs (the most recent ones being the ones from Deltarune Chapter 2). If I cannot contact ShinkoNet via Bandcamp, remember that they also have a Discord account and Twitter, and I might resort to contact with them via those sites.

Like the situation with contacting Wanwan via his Bandcamp, I am not sure about the outcome of succeeding with contacting ShinkoNet via other social media sites, but I guess that it has a higher chance of success than contacting an artist via Bandcamp.

Hope this helps, everyone.