Author Topic: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 99113 times)

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2023, 02:39:08 AM »
> "Yeah, that...sure did happen, huh?"

>"Are all of Gensokyo's luminaries like this?" Tojiko says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2023, 02:43:39 AM »
> "...I..."
> Begin heading out, assuming Tojiko will come with us.
> "...can think of at least two that aren't, and I think I'll avoid saying anything more than that, lest I risk reflecting poorly on one of them."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 02:49:28 AM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

« Reply #542 on: May 10, 2023, 05:25:49 AM »
> "...I..."
> Begin heading out, assuming Tojiko will come with us.
> "...can think of at least two that aren't, and I think I'll avoid saying anything more than that, lest I risk reflecting poorly on one of them."

>"I don't know if that's an encouraging response or not," the ghost says, her mouth a thin line.

>_

« Reply #543 on: May 10, 2023, 08:10:03 AM »
>"Well, I'll be heading back to the temple now. Unfortunately I can't really say how our motley crew would react if you showed up with me..."

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #544 on: May 10, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »
> "I mean, I simply don't want to speak ill of anyone if I don't have to. I certainly don't think Gensokyo is a bad place to be, though, for what that's worth, and this experience was certainly unique to me. But maybe my experiences up to this point have been luckier than most. ...Shrine maiden and friends plowing through me like a runaway cart aside."

"Unfortunately I can't really say how our motley crew would react if you showed up with me..."

> Don't say this part. Tojiko invited us to her home to help us, however briefly, and we were not particularly mistreated; implying that she shouldn't visit ours because we can't wrangle our sisterhood into behaving and treating her as a guest properly would be very rude to everyone involved.
> Instead: "You're welcome to join me, though I would understand if you would rather return to yours after such a difficult day."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 02:02:51 PM by Kilgamayan »

« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2023, 06:04:03 AM »
>"Well, I'll be heading back to the temple now. Unfortunately I can't really say how our motley crew would react if you showed up with me..."
> "I mean, I simply don't want to speak ill of anyone if I don't have to. I certainly don't think Gensokyo is a bad place to be, though, for what that's worth, and this experience was certainly unique to me. But maybe my experiences up to this point have been luckier than most. ...Shrine maiden and friends plowing through me like a runaway cart aside."

> Don't say this part. Tojiko invited us to her home to help us, however briefly, and we were not particularly mistreated; implying that she shouldn't visit ours because we can't wrangle our sisterhood into behaving and treating her as a guest properly would be very rude to everyone involved.
> Instead: "You're welcome to join me, though I would understand if you would rather return to yours after such a difficult day."

>"At least, I'll stay with you on the way," Tojiko says. "The Mausoleum's on the way."

>_

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2023, 06:52:20 AM »
> "Sure thing."
> Head on home. (Unless we're stopped again...)

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #547 on: May 16, 2023, 01:06:35 AM »
> "Sure thing."

> Mention,and rembember to ask about when we arrivere there, that we(Murasa) once reached Myourenji should also ask about that "Noted Delivery with Note" of,what we later discovered to be,that Bottled Evil Spirit from...  fairly likely(?) our (Myouren Temple's)Storehouse trough the Underground to the Myourenji Underground"Clinic",to the Palace of earth Spirits and to  Satori...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 12:34:25 AM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #548 on: May 17, 2023, 01:38:33 AM »
> "Sure thing."

> Mention,and rembember to ask about when we arrivere there, that we(Murasa) once reached Myourenji should also ask about that "Noted Delivery with Note" of,what we later discovered to be,that Bottled Evil Spirit from...  fairly likely our Storehouse trough the Underground to the Myourenji Underground"Clinic",to the Palace of earth Spirits and to  Satori

>You return to the shrine, worn out after the long evening. Tojiko joins you, claiming that she’d rather have supper there than deal with whatever leftovers are at home. You find the excuse dubious, but you certainly aren’t in any kind of mood to probe it. The rest of the shrine greets you warmly, dinner is set out and ready for you both. Everyone crowds around with questions, eager to hear your story. Thankfully Tojiko is there to handle some of the retelling, or add an outside perspective, and give you time to actually enjoy your meal. All in all, it is a pleasant time, Nue even restrains herself from needling Tojiko… for the most part.
>However, you are deeply tired. As much as you’d like to stay up with everyone, you are quite pleased when Byakuren reminds everyone that it is time for bed if everyone intends to be rested for tomorrow’s devotions. You’re well aware that it’s rare anyone goes straight to bed, but this evening you make an exception. You’re out the moment your head hits the pillow.
>The next day, you awake slowly. Judging from the sunlight shining in the window, it seems everyone decided to let you sleep in. LYing there, you very nearly feel like yesterday was but a dream. But you can still vaguely feel that memory of an ocean within you, feel that North no longer unnerves you as it once did.You force yourself up, and find a light breakfast had been left for you in the kitchen. Perhaps it is not the most monkly thing in the world, but you help yourself to it before hastening off to morning devotions, deciding it is better late than never.
>This comes to you with surprising ease today, you find yourself able to meditate without nearly as much distraction as you’re used to experiencing, focusing more easily on the proper sutras. While holding the positions are a bit irksome still, it doesn’t bother you as much. You find yourself feeling more calm and less distracted by unwanted thoughts. You can vaguely feel the ocean swirling within you, but it’s almost trivially easy to push that sensation away.
>The day wears on. Tojiko rejoins you as you venture out to visit Eirin once more. She examines you again, and reports nothing unusual. When the subject of memories comes up, she can only repeat that she hasn’t found anything new, and assures you she still hasn’t found anything wrong or concerning. What is concerning, however, is on the way back home, when you hear a doorway open behind you despite being in the middle of the bamboo forest moments before you’re grabbed from behind and drug backwards.
>After regaining your bearings, you’re not surprised to find yourself back in Okina’s domain, being led down the halls by her dancers as they helpfully tell you that Okina demands your presence, and then nothing else. Though there isn’t much time for them to say more before Tojiko follows them in, and fills the corridor with lightning danmaku. The ensuing tussle ends more or less in a draw after a couple minutes as Okina makes herself known, none too pleased about the fighting in her halls (an irony Tojiko is all too happy to point out, and is ignored). Eventually things are smoothed over, and you are brought to a sitting room, served a nice tea with lavender, and then questioned at length about the experiences you had in the flooded world. Soon, a much recovered Doremy is brought in to assist with the questioning and in interpreting your answers.
>Ultimately; you, Okina, Doremy, and Tojiko come up with nothing new. The consensus is, essentially, that you probably don’t bear anything left of the dancers’ memories. Which leaves an open question as to where they are. The best any of you can come up with is out there, somewhere. Okina, in particular, is unsatisfied with this. But for now, there is little for it. Clearly in a crabby mood despite attempting to be polite, she lets you and Tojiko go. You decide not to bring up the argument from the prior evening. Doremy follows you out, and quickly leaves to go her own way.
>You attempt to visit Mayohiga later that day, in hopes that Yukari might offer some insight. This hope is quickly dashed when Ran informs you that she came home last night and fell straight into bed, and will likely be there until next spring. Ran does suggest that if Yukari has closed down for the year, she considers the matter to be well settled and there likely isn’t any residual danger for Gensokyo or for you. Dhe does take the time to reassure you that Yukari wouldn’t just leave you out to dry, after you’ve been so helpful.
>And the rest of the day is surprisingly normal. You drift back back toward the better traveled parts of the Gensokyo with Tojiko, and end up having a pleasant lunch at Mystia’s stand. Eventually the two of you part ways, and you gravitate back toward the temple and find the residents were a little worried when you didn’t come home as soon as expected. But the worries are set aside, and things proceed as they usually do.
>The days stretch on into winter. Life is normal again, you are no longer haunted by feelings of oddness, or being pulled into other worlds, or anything like that. In some ways, it’s easy to forget it ever happened. But, the North no longer bothers you as it did. You have a somewhat easier time focusing, you find yourself more difficult to perturb. You feel a kind of peace in the wake of everything.Some nights, when you lay in your futon, you feel as though you are adrift in the waves, blanketed in comfortable currents carrying you heavens know where. You can feel the memory of the ocean within you, a strange new part of yourself. Did it fill in something that was missing, you sometimes wonder, or have you simply grown from its presence? There’s probably no real way to know. But you feel at peace with life, or afterlife as it were, in a way you simply could not before. Perhaps you could journey northward now, step upon that boat and cross the final river? But you’re in no hurry, even if the thought no longer paralyzes you. It would be a terrible shame to leave Tjiko on her own so soon after making a ghost friend, after all.
>You have gotten a Happy End!
>Let us ponder that which reached the stars.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #549 on: May 17, 2023, 03:33:20 AM »
Thank you for your efforts as always, parser. I feel at this point that, for the wide arrays of incidents you produce, we are determined to find an equally wide array of ways to mistreat your games, and for that I am sorry.

I don't know if it's a product of the long activity gap or simply the design of this specific quest, but there's not much I feel a burning desire to know. This seems to have wrapped itself up fairly tidily, even if some mysteries seem determined to remain mysteries.

> Was there anything major we just plain missed?
> Was it possible to find the missing dancer memories?
> Assuming we could find a moment with them with Tojiko not present, was it possible to date the dancers?
> At the crucial point where we flowed inward to reform ourselves, what would have happened if we did was the entity wanted and flowed outward?

« Reply #550 on: May 17, 2023, 04:02:07 AM »
Thank you for your efforts as always, parser. I feel at this point that, for the wide arrays of incidents you produce, we are determined to find an equally wide array of ways to mistreat your games, and for that I am sorry.

I don't know if it's a product of the long activity gap or simply the design of this specific quest, but there's not much I feel a burning desire to know. This seems to have wrapped itself up fairly tidily, even if some mysteries seem determined to remain mysteries.

> Was it possible to find the missing dancer memories?
> Assuming we could find a moment with them with Tojiko not present, was it possible to date the dancers?
> At the crucial point where we flowed inward to reform ourselves, what would have happened if we did was the entity wanted and flowed outward?

Awww, bless~

>You got just about everything. The big thing you missed, honestly, was in Sakuya Quest. You may recall that Future Aya told you a specific time where she just didn't have any records, and asked you to relay that time back to herself to prepare for it. Had you spoken to Future Aya again on the second loop, she would have had pictures of a flooded Gensokyo to show you.
>It was not planned.
>In theory. Though it would be...difficult, given how squirrely they are.
>You would have met with resistance. Then more resistance. Then the course of events from the second loop of Sakuya Quest's future would have been set in stone. Yukari would have been able to fix it, after time, but the strain on her would have been enough to push her into a slow decline.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #551 on: May 17, 2023, 04:13:19 AM »
> Well, that's nice that Aya would have at least skillfully avoided the flo-oh wait this is still Minamitsu and not the player.
> That means we still don't get to know who "R" is or whether or not Kazuha ever visited the SDM, huh.
> Minamitsu appears to have gained a few beneficial passives as a result of having a literal ocean inside her. Did she gain any abilities or other more active ways to harness it to do things?
> Was the ocean directly related to the circumstances of Minamitsu's death and/or time as a ghost before Byakuren scooped her up? Or were they able to combine simply by virtue of her being a ghost with a particular affinity for water?

« Reply #552 on: May 17, 2023, 04:32:31 AM »
> Well, that's nice that Aya would have at least skillfully avoided the flo-oh wait this is still Minamitsu and not the player.
> That means we still don't get to know who "R" is or whether or not Kazuha ever visited the SDM, huh.
> Minamitsu appears to have gained a few beneficial passives as a result of having a literal ocean inside her. Did she gain any abilities or other more active ways to harness it to do things?
> Was the ocean directly related to the circumstances of Minamitsu's death and/or time as a ghost before Byakuren scooped her up? Or were they able to combine simply by virtue of her being a ghost with a particular affinity for water?

>She didn't avoid it, she just had camera timers set up.
>I need to be reminded here.
>I do not plan to have Murasa manifest any new abilities or anything, the memories are a very passive thing.
>It was, in theory, the ocean she died in. But the connection was that she was a salt water entity. This is why Wakasagihime wasn't involved, she is a freshwater mermaid; much the same for the kappa.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #553 on: May 17, 2023, 04:40:01 AM »
> "R" was the person who signed the letter from the future that Sakuya read as her game closed. Based on the contents of the letter, assuming "R" is the first letter of someone's given name, there were still at least three obvious possible senders, and possibly more less-obvious senders. I don't actually expect you to tell me/us who it was, that was included more for comedic grousing than anything else.
> Kazuha was the wolf tengu who was a patrol captain in the future but is still young, inexperienced, and a bit of a drunkard in the current time period. Sakuya extended an invitation to her to visit in the SDM as a personal guest, partially because her involvement in that game was novel and partially because I like prodding your throwaway NPCs just enough that they potentially turn into recurring characters (as much as we haven't seen Nue's tengu wife in a long time).

« Reply #554 on: May 17, 2023, 05:01:33 AM »
> "R" was the person who signed the letter from the future that Sakuya read as her game closed. Based on the contents of the letter, assuming "R" is the first letter of someone's given name, there were still at least three obvious possible senders, and possibly more less-obvious senders. I don't actually expect you to tell me/us who it was, that was included more for comedic grousing than anything else.
> Kazuha was the wolf tengu who was a patrol captain in the future but is still young, inexperienced, and a bit of a drunkard in the current time period. Sakuya extended an invitation to her to visit in the SDM as a personal guest, partially because her involvement in that game was novel and partially because I like prodding your throwaway NPCs just enough that they potentially turn into recurring characters (as much as we haven't seen Nue's tengu wife in a long time).

>Oh right.
>Noted.

« Reply #555 on: May 17, 2023, 06:12:36 PM »
>Was it intended for us to discover that we could actually control travel to the water world so late in the piece.
>Was there any way for us to have helped Sakuya defeat her assumed clone?
>Was us bringing a team in there something you'd planned for?

« Reply #556 on: May 17, 2023, 07:10:59 PM »
>Was it intended for us to discover that we could actually control travel to the water world so late in the piece.
>Was there any way for us to have helped Sakuya defeat her assumed clone?
>Was us bringing a team in there something you'd planned for?

>There wasn't really an intended time for it, you'd get it when you did.
>You could not. Her courage was not perfect, and having given into the instinct to fight, she was destined to lose.
>Sakuya was always going to barge in. Tojiko I made plans for as time went along. Shou was unexpected.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #557 on: May 17, 2023, 07:27:17 PM »
> What KOed Shou, then? If we're allowed to pick at the tiger's darker secrets without her knowing.

« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2023, 07:36:40 PM »
> What KOed Shou, then? If we're allowed to pick at the tiger's darker secrets without her knowing.

>In short, she froze up. Her other self got to her, and that was it. Yukari did find her and fish her out, so she wasn't in danger of ultimately running out of air.

>_

« Reply #559 on: May 17, 2023, 08:06:34 PM »
>Were there other people who could have helped us get to the heart of the matter or was working with Yukari more or less the only real option?

« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2023, 08:38:51 PM »
>Were there other people who could have helped us get to the heart of the matter or was working with Yukari more or less the only real option?

>It was a Yukari problem, ultimately.
>In theory, you might have been able to direct Okina the proper way, but it would have been longer and more involved.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2023, 08:49:14 PM »
> What was the source of the malevolent alter egos?
> What would have been the result if we all got KOed? Same as if we had tried to flow outward?

« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2023, 11:14:41 PM »
> What was the source of the malevolent alter egos?
> What would have been the result if we all got KOed? Same as if we had tried to flow outward?

>All were memories of Gensokyo Island
>I'd have to think of something... In the case of you getting KOed, there might have been Stargazer intervention or some such.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #563 on: May 19, 2023, 01:17:51 AM »

> Visiting  the "  Underground/Former Hell " was in fact clearly hintend and to be optional... what would have entailed for the sake of coming and going for...
(Manual rougher quote due to Topic Summary's listing limit)[Quote from: Branneg Xy on 16-05-2023, 02:06:35
> Mention,and rembember to ask about when we arrivere there, that we(Murasa) once reached Myourenji should also ask about that "Noted Delivery with Note" of,what we later discovered to be,that Bottled Evil Spirit from...  fairly likely our Storehouse trough the Underground to the Myourenji Underground"Clinic",to the Palace of earth Spirits and to  Satori [/quote]

>You return to the shrine worn out after the long evening. Tojiko joins you... The rest of the shrine greets you warmly, dinner is set out and ready for you both...

> Eheheh :note: ,for the  majority :lhi: :lscore: of Incident-Resolutions it is "(the Hakurei)Shrine",for the minority :lscore: of them the "(Moriya)Shrine",for this  :ltotal: :lscore:minority it is the "(Myouren) Temple"

>...
>You have gotten a Happy End!
>Let us ponder that which reached the stars.

>...  Is the positioning of  "The Happy End" after the " Let us ponder that which reached the stars" ,referring and poiinting to,Stargazer's and related to her on purpose,an eventual inkling,a follow-up,similarities?

> Would have it changed anything to have find out Stargazer (suppressed-adapted " Giant Man o' War '' form) before or later on? If we interacted differently from the behaviour we have kept and set ?

> Stargazer's Aftermath  and friend-regroup with Utsuho , up to your rightful non-spoiling limit for the Nitori's A-Z Quest (and  maybe the next one )?

> Doremy's destination(likely Eientei)and latest actions and interactions within the aftermath of  this same Murasa A-Z Quest , with your same rightful non-spoiling limit as above ?

> Has any reminder or rumour or hint or somesuch reached  Reimu directly and/or thorugh  any "visitor or guest" by the Hakurei Shrine ?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 03:11:49 AM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2023, 01:52:18 AM »
> Visiting  the "  Underground/Former Hell " was in fact clearly hintend and to be optional... what would have entailed for the sake of coming and going for...
> Eheheh :note: ,for the  majority :lhi: :lscore: of Incident-Resolutions it is "(the Hakurei)Shrine",for the minority :lscore: of them the "(Moriya)Shrine",for this  :ltotal: :lscore:minority it is the "(Myouren) Temple"

>  Is the positioning of "The Happy End"after Let us ponder that which reached the stars" ,referring and poiinting to,Stargazer's and related to her on purpose,an eventual inkling,a follow-up,similar?

> Would have it changed anything finding Stargazer (suppressed-adapted " Giant Man o' War '' form) before or later or

> Stargazer's aftermath with Utsuho , to the non-spoiling limit

>Former hell was wholly optional.
>You'll just have to see in the next one~
>Finding Stargazer earlier would have been more or less impossible, you met her when I decided it. I suppose you may have delayed it if you were hostile toward her? Which wouldn't have functionally locked you out of anything, but she was kind of key to helping figure out what was happening.
>May be seen in the next one.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2023, 03:30:12 AM »
> Where is Stargazer at present, again?
> Was it possible to merge/fuse/combine with Stargazer in some capacity?

« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2023, 06:24:21 AM »
> Where is Stargazer at present, again?
> Was it possible to merge/fuse/combine with Stargazer in some capacity?

>Last seen in Murasa's possession, but that may not be true by Nitori Quest.
>Not really.

>_