~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
Which video games (non-Touhou) would you play with your Touhou / Seihou girl?
<< < (2/2)
Not a Lunatic:
Hello! This is my frist post on MotK, after days of lurking here, i wanted to contribute on this thread because it fascinates me in some way. So here are my thoughts!

* ReisenI would like to introduce her to the Serious Sam (probably the classics) games because for the fast-paced nonstop-action gameplay it has.
You face hordes of enemies incluiding headless kamikazes running at you or Alien Cyborgs with equipped with Lazers and Rocket launchers.
Or probably Killing Floor because of the gunplay,  surely she'll enjoy exterminating specimens with Akimbo Desert Eagles on a Lunar Base. with a grin on her face...

* CirnoI think she would enjoy more playing 'basic' platformers, because i dont think she will have enough patience for challenging games.
Introducing her to Super Mario World on the SNES would be really fun, showing her secrets paths and strategies will be enough for her to play on her own.

--- Quote from: OkuuFallout on January 16, 2022, 07:11:03 PM ---
1) Okuu: Probably the easiest answer for me, which is the Fallout series. I mean, it's all about a post-apocalyptic wasteland caused by the Cold War never ending, resulting in total nuclear annihilation. It was also once my favorite game of all time, so I could be by her side, guiding her through it all.
--- End quote ---

Hum... I wonder what kind of Fallout game Utsuho will play? I think she would be the kind of gal that prefers to shoot instead of talking, probably Bethesda's Fallout 3 will be good for her, because of the Balance of Action and Simplicity it has, but i think you will have a better answer than me! '^^
Madame Emiko:
MOAR:
- Play any of the games in the Persona series with Sumireko (best choice is Persona 5 since that is the most well-known game of the Persona series), since Persona is about mysterious / esoteric aspects.
- Play Plants vs. Zombies with Yuuka and Yoshika, since obvious. Wonder if there are any PvZ PvP games. If there are any, then I would arrange Yuuka to battle against Yoshika, to which I would frequently buffed Yuuka so that she would always win Yoshika in such matches.
- Play Hollow Knight with Wriggle, since obvious (Wriggle is almost literally an INSECT, and Hollow Knight is a game about insects)
Hope this is a good addition to the list!
Goomba98:

--- Quote from: KharaPlz on March 11, 2022, 11:59:58 AM ---- Play any of the games in the Persona series with Sumireko (best choice is Persona 5 since that is the most well-known game of the Persona series), since Persona is about mysterious / esoteric aspects.
--- End quote ---
Why stop with the Persona games? Wouldn't Sumireko also like a lot of the games in the greater Megami Tensei series, as they explore some of the same themes in Persona (though with much less focus on the psychology aspect)? I actually think ZUN himself is a big fan of Megami Tensei, as xJeePx (someone who made English patches for the PC-98 Touhou games) pointed out that a lot of things from the PC-98 Touhou games, especially Makai-related stuff, reference Megami Tensei. I bet all this is why Potemki11 (the creator of Udongein X) is making a MegaTen-inspired Touhou fangame where you play as Sumireko; I hope they include PC-98 references in that game like in Udongein X. Therefore, I think I'd play an old Megami Tensei game with Sumireko.
Sena:
My pick would be Left 4 Dead 2 with the Prismriver Ensemble, can see how they might not approve of the game's attitude towards the undead, and I don't suppose I could trust them completely to not abandon me at the end of a campaign and Leave me For Dead(tm), but I can't really think of any better four player co-op games that I've played, and I'd rather not just go with the extremely mundane and obvious option of Guitar Hero or Rock Band.
Madame Emiko:

--- Quote from: Goomba98 on March 26, 2022, 12:30:05 AM ---Why stop with the Persona games? Wouldn't Sumireko also like a lot of the games in the greater Megami Tensei series, as they explore some of the same themes in Persona (though with much less focus on the psychology aspect)? I actually think ZUN himself is a big fan of Megami Tensei, as xJeePx (someone who made English patches for the PC-98 Touhou games) pointed out that a lot of things from the PC-98 Touhou games, especially Makai-related stuff, reference Megami Tensei. I bet all this is why Potemki11 (the creator of Udongein X) is making a MegaTen-inspired Touhou fangame where you play as Sumireko; I hope they include PC-98 references in that game like in Udongein X. Therefore, I think I'd play an old Megami Tensei game with Sumireko.

--- End quote ---

Actually, Persona deals more with mystic / abstract things like tarot and psychology, which would fit Sumireko better than Megami Tensei. Personally I would prefer to play Megami Tensei with Yumemi more (based on my HC where she is heading to study theology in order to become the first theology professor in her family's institute).

Plus Persona is more modern in setting than the Megami Tensei series, to which Sumireko would appreciate since she is a girl from the modern times. In Persona there are also characters that would be symbolic of today's youth cultures (which is also something Sumi would appreciate): For example, Futaba Sakura (or whatever we called that long-haired girl with glasses in Persona series) would represent the hikokomori / otaku culture.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version