~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Foul Detective Satori web-manga discussion thread.

Pages: << < (2/15) > >>

Suspicious person:

New chapter 4 part 2 and probably the end of the SDM case arc, yay

The culprit indeed acted under the influence of a bad spirit from down there, but somehow I didn't expect that it could possess different persons at it please, haha

Surprisingly, this manga, which didn't seem to be something that would bring a lot to the lore, add something to vengeful spirits. Changing the person it possess by means of beverage ? Interesting. Probably something that falls into ZUN's grand plan of including further booze into his work somewhere down the line, but otherwise, giving this particular vengeful spirit a particular gimmick. I wonder if such gimmick is exclusive to her : can others vengeful spirits have their own way, their own set of conditions for possessing people ? Pretty intersting imo.

Something could also be said about what this adds regarding youkai and their power, specifically their life force : there has always been this thing about the Youkai needing fear or other kind of feeling related thing to subsist, but this is kinda new. Magical power and youkai's importance can more or less be attributed to why Yukari put the border between fantasy and reality, which empowers youkai, and the spell card rules, which allow youkai to use their power in order not to lose it : this makes it very clear that youkai need more than fear, i guess.

And still speaking about non human species and their powers, since we seem to be entering a Hakugyoukurou arc, I'm VERY curious about the thing with Yuyuko : she is a GHOST, not a rando with a flesh body : since what happened to her really look like what happened in the SDM arc, did the vengeful spirit ate (such irony) her magic power ? Is the vengeful spirit going to be able to possess her ? And why would Yuyuko, a GHOST, PRESUMABLY suffer the same symptoms as the YOUKAI who got their power consumed ? among others ...

As far as I'm concerned, the latest chapter 4 part 2 made this series more intersting than I initially thought it would be (I confess, I was pretty underwhelmed by the first chapter tbh)

I've also more or less said this, and this is getting more obvious with the coming Hakugyoukurou arc, but this manga is one hell of an occasion for ZUN to reexplore the setting of locations introduced in the super old works, AND to give some screentime and characterization to the old cast : this is like the most cynical depiction of SDM character relationship I've seen in a while, plus some unusual side that we don't really see very often : cold Meiling, ICE COLD Patchouli, concerned Remilia (?!) This makes me curious as to how PCB cast is gonna be illustrated.

On the other side, this vengeful spirit-chan seems to be one of the few pure villain type of character of this series. That's very unusual, I wanna see what could her motivations be : why is she called eternal criminal ? What is she doing all of this for ? Is there any particular reason she goes after magical power instead of properly possessing people ? I hope she's not gonna be some kind a flat kind of character that was just introduced only to allow the plot to exist, only to be fortune tellered by the end of the manga.

At any rate, this is probably the last time we're gonna see Flandre talk until the next time, AND we're finally going to see Alice  get some spotlight in the next arc, so there's that too

Branneg Xy:

Thinking about it  :o  .... ZUN/Jun'ya Ota could " now "( First Release of Touhou CDS was on 28 October 2019 and alas the "Full Public Reveal " had been delayed until Half of January 2019 by the Communist Chinese Authorities... ) partial tie-in,or partial ties-in could be made even if it they were not his intention,  Touhou CDS   as  "warning&consequences against Epidemics and especially the Covid-19/Coronavirus " :o ....

This spoiler,quote-related to yours, is instead wholly   8) in-Touhou-universe.Spoiler: Well yes,she,since she is revealed to be female, the "Eternal Vengeful Spirit Criminal Escaped From Former Hell" is able to "Switch Bodies using Different Drinks as Medium" but she is also able to possess others directly,if it serves her purpose , otherwise she could not possess first Sakuya and later (reliable foreshadow of her being possessed and carrying a "Possessed Drink Bottle "at the end of chapter 4.5 ) Marisa who have not drunk any " Possessed Drinks " while  human and in in turn able to move about even if all their Magical Energy is Drained since "Human Magical Energy is not linked with their Life Force unlike Youkai "; however her absolute favourite is the First Method ( vastly more Astute and Cautious ) since this greatly help her to not expose herself,continuosly switch bodies, avoid detection,be camouflaged together with making the Victim(s) being too unaware of her to sense her and fight back,avoid or  alerti others .

Means to expose her would be both to "reliably verify " all the drinks beforehand, test the behaviour of all the people  and especially to make them show their abilities/powers since the Possesed Individuals are unable to use them
--- Quote from: Suspicious person on March 31, 2020, 12:19:27 AM ---New chapter 4 part 2 and probably the end of the SDM case arc, yay

The culprit indeed acted under the influence of a bad spirit from down there, but somehow I didn't expect that it could possess different persons at it please, haha

Surprisingly, this manga, which didn't seem to be something that would bring a lot to the lore, add something to vengeful spirits. Changing the person it possess by means of beverage ? Interesting. Probably something that falls into ZUN's grand plan of including further booze into his work somewhere down the line, but otherwise, giving this particular vengeful spirit a particular gimmick. I wonder if such gimmick is exclusive to her : can others vengeful spirits have their own way, their own set of conditions for possessing people ? Pretty intersting imo.

Something could also be said about what this adds regarding youkai and their power, specifically their life force : there has always been this thing about the Youkai needing fear or other kind of feeling related thing to subsist, but this is kinda new. Magical power and youkai's importance can more or less be attributed to why Yukari put the border between fantasy and reality, which empowers youkai, and the spell card rules, which allow youkai to use their power in order not to lose it : this makes it very clear that youkai need more than fear, i guess.

And still speaking about non human species and their powers, since we seem to be entering a Hakugyoukurou arc, I'm VERY curious about the thing with Yuyuko : she is a GHOST, not a rando with a flesh body : since what happened to her really look like what happened in the SDM arc, did the vengeful spirit ate (such irony) her magic power ? Is the vengeful spirit going to be able to possess her ? And why would Yuyuko, a GHOST, PRESUMABLY suffer the same symptoms as the YOUKAI who got their power consumed ? among others ...

As far as I'm concerned, the latest chapter 4 part 2 made this series more intersting than I initially thought it would be (I confess, I was pretty underwhelmed by the first chapter tbh)

I've also more or less said this, and this is getting more obvious with the coming Hakugyoukurou arc, but this manga is one hell of an occasion for ZUN to reexplore the setting of locations introduced in the super old works, AND to give some screentime and characterization to the old cast : this is like the most cynical depiction of SDM character relationship I've seen in a while, plus some unusual side that we don't really see very often : cold Meiling, ICE COLD Patchouli, concerned Remilia (?!) This makes me curious as to how PCB cast is gonna be illustrated.

On the other side, this vengeful spirit-chan seems to be one of the few pure villain type of character of this series. That's very unusual, I wanna see what could her motivations be : why is she called eternal criminal ? What is she doing all of this for ? Is there any particular reason she goes after magical power instead of properly possessing people ? I hope she's not gonna be some kind a flat kind of character that was just introduced only to allow the plot to exist, only to be fortune tellered by the end of the manga.

At any rate, this is probably the last time we're gonna see Flandre talk until the next time, AND we're finally going to see Alice  get some spotlight in the next arc, so there's that too

--- End quote ---

PK:

Is there a way to know when all of this happens? I personally think the whole story comes (and will end) before Lotus Eaters' chronological start, but i wonder if there is an actual way to determine the chronology, like some reference or whatever.

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: PK on April 06, 2020, 04:08:41 PM ---Is there a way to know when all of this happens? I personally think the whole story comes (and will end) before Lotus Eaters' chronological start, but i wonder if there is an actual way to determine the chronology, like some reference or whatever.

--- End quote ---

In time,maybe around the half(?) or second-half(?) of the Print Work , an Undisputable Sign is going to show up to clear doubts about the Timeline like it did during SSiB which was revealed to be set,around half of it, during (but please, the "Gensokyo's Timeline and References has much more Worth than reading this humble reply of mine)the Winter and Spring,also tied-in to CoLA,   berfore MoF or the (for short) the"After Ten Desires spannig up to After-Double Dealing Character" in FS ( Forbidden Scrollery).

Lebon14:

Next chapter is up.
Yukari makes an appearance and... send Rin back home (crying) but send Ran and Chen to investigate the netherworld instead. I'm really glad we've got to see more Ran and Chen officially!

Pages: << < (2/15) > >>

Go to full version