Author Topic: Seija Quest 2  (Read 288373 times)

Tom

Re: Seija Quest 2
« Reply #720 on: April 03, 2023, 03:46:31 AM »
> Poker face, Seija. Poker face.
> Nod.
> Take our cup of tea and head to the dining room as well.
> You politely nod as you leave the kitchen
> The shrine maiden is admiring the fireplace's magical everburning flame and mutters "I could use a spell or two like that..."
> Noticing you she asks if you could lead the way

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #721 on: April 03, 2023, 03:57:24 AM »
> "Certainly."
> Head back to the entrance, and begin heading up the stairs.
> "So you're really not interested in sharing a room with me, huh?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Tom

« Reply #722 on: April 03, 2023, 04:04:59 AM »
> "Certainly."
> Head back to the entrance, and begin heading up the stairs.
> "So you're really not interested in sharing a room with me, huh?"
> As you're walking "Well I'm a shrine maiden and you're ...  Besides, we've only just met!" she responds
> She tries to break the awkward silence afterwards by asking about the everburning flame she just saw.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #723 on: April 03, 2023, 04:06:38 AM »
> How much do we know about that fire?

Tom

« Reply #724 on: April 03, 2023, 04:13:31 AM »
> How much do we know about that fire?
> Nothing!  You're as impressed as she is!

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #725 on: April 03, 2023, 04:16:46 AM »
> "Honestly, I've no idea how it works myself."

Tom

« Reply #726 on: April 03, 2023, 04:38:05 AM »
> "Honestly, I've no idea how it works myself."
> "Oh, I'll ask Shinmyoumaru about it later then"
> You walk up the steps, into a hallway with 4 doors.  You try the last one to the right and walk into a nice elegant bedroom!  Though maybe a little too elegant for your tastes...
> A fireplace with another magical flame burns brightly, giving the room a warm and cozy atmosphere!

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #727 on: April 03, 2023, 04:41:43 AM »
> Look at the fireplace.
> "Huh. Guess those are just all over the place here now."
> Look back at the red-white.
> "I admit, you're right that we don't know each other very well. Would you be interested in chatting, then, so we learn more about each other?"

Tom

« Reply #728 on: April 03, 2023, 05:01:55 AM »
> Look at the fireplace.
> "Huh. Guess those are just all over the place here now."
> The shrine maiden eyes you suspiciously
> You really should ask the princess about these,  an everburning flame?  It's almost too good to be true...

> Look back at the red-white.
> "I admit, you're right that we don't know each other very well. Would you be interested in chatting, then, so we learn more about each other?"
> Reimu nods "I never asked, are you new to Gensokyo?  I feel like I should know you by now but I'm drawing a blank.  Judging from where you live you're not just surviving, you're thriving!" she laughs

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #729 on: April 03, 2023, 10:53:41 AM »
> "Apparently the Princess remodeled since I was here last. I didn't realize she was doing this well, myself."
> Have a seat on the bed. Gesture to the red-white to have a seat next to us.
> "But, well, I'm sort of new to Gensokyo? I've spent more of my life outside than inside; I think I've only been here for about a hundred years or so. Sometimes I wonder how it has changed since I was there last."
> Sip.
> "Have you ever been to the Outside World yourself?"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:45:56 PM by Kilgamayan »

Tom

« Reply #730 on: April 03, 2023, 06:51:04 PM »
> "Apparently the Princess remodeled since I was here last. I didn't realize she was doing this well, myself."
> Have a seat on the bed. Gesture to the red-white to have a seat next to us.
> Knowledge acquired: Everburning Flame - Everlasting flames burn brightly in the fireplaces at the Shining Needle Castle, it's almost too good to be true...
> The red white pulls up a short table to put your teacups on and has a seat next to you.  She looks around the room and complements "Shinmyoumaru is clearly very talented!"

> "But, well, I'm sort of new to Gensokyo? I've spent more of my life outside than inside; I think I've only been here for about a hundred years or so. Sometimes I wonder how it has changed since I was there last."
> Sip.
> "Have you ever been to the Outside World yourself?"
> A mild blend with hints of lavender, excellent as always Shinmyoumaru!
> "That's actually quite a long time!  Well let's see...  I imagine you were around when steam engines and electricity were just being discovered?  That was only the beginning of a scientific revolution and since then practically everything has changed.  If you saw what technology can do you'd surely think it's magic!"
> She looks away "There's a certain mystery and magic to the unexplained that disappears once it's reduced down to an equation...  I'm afraid there just isn't a place for Youkai out there anymore..."

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #731 on: April 03, 2023, 07:08:58 PM »
> "Mmm. Well, it is what it is, and I'm fine with being here, at least."
> "That's pretty neat that you've been there, though. I wasn't sure if it was even possible to cross the barrier like that."
> If she is still looking away from us and it is safe to hold our tea with one hand without spilling it, hold it as such, and then use our free hand to begin lightly rubbing her upper back.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 07:15:50 PM by Kilgamayan »

Tom

« Reply #732 on: April 03, 2023, 08:02:40 PM »
> "Mmm. Well, it is what it is, and I'm fine with being here, at least."
> "That's pretty neat that you've been there, though. I wasn't sure if it was even possible to cross the barrier like that."
> If she is still looking away from us and it is safe to hold our tea with one hand without spilling it, hold it as such, and then use our free hand to begin lightly rubbing her upper back.
> "On rare occasions I visit the outside to maintain it's counterpart of the Hakurei shrine...  It was practically falling apart with it being in such a remote location with less than a handful of visitors a year."
> You pat her on the back to cheer her up
> She takes a sip of her tea and looks into your eyes "So, what about you?  If you've been here for a hundred years how come we only just met?  Other Youkai pester me constantly with requests or events and cause trouble once or twice a year."

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #733 on: April 03, 2023, 08:10:13 PM »
> Continue rubbing the red-white's back (stroking our hand back and forth rather than using concussive pats) in the background of the conversation until we actively stop it or something forces us to stop.
> Adopt a thinking expression that slowly morphs into a slight frown.
> "...We actually have meant once before, but it wasn't for very long, so it's not too surprising if you don't remember me. And it doesn't really bother me if you've forgotten, I'm not much for the public eye anyway."

Tom

« Reply #734 on: April 03, 2023, 08:20:38 PM »
> Continue rubbing the red-white's back (stroking our hand back and forth rather than using concussive pats) in the background of the conversation until we actively stop it or something forces us to stop.
> That'd be difficult considering she's facing you now

> Adopt a thinking expression that slowly morphs into a slight frown.
> "...We actually have meant once before, but it wasn't for very long, so it's not too surprising if you don't remember me. And it doesn't really bother me if you've forgotten, I'm not much for the public eye anyway."
> Slightly embarrassed she laughs "Oh? That makes sense, I'm sure I'd get to know you if you visited more often!  But don't cause any trouble!"

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #735 on: April 03, 2023, 08:27:02 PM »
> Grin a bit and give her a wink.
> "Sure, I can try to swing visiting sometimes. Knowing there's a pretty lady waiting there that wants to see me specifically is certainly plenty of motivation~"
> Lose the grin.
> "Anyway, I had asked how you were feeling earlier, when the Princess said you were ready to zonk out. Which, yeah, that makes sense, it's been a long night. But that's not really what I was looking for. So I'll ask again: given everything that just happened, and how mentally and emotionally difficult I'm sure it was...how are you feeling?"

Tom

« Reply #736 on: April 03, 2023, 08:48:39 PM »
> Grin a bit and give her a wink.
> "Sure, I can try to swing visiting sometimes. Knowing there's a pretty lady waiting there that wants to see me specifically is certainly plenty of motivation~"
> She blushes at the comment

> Lose the grin.
> "Anyway, I had asked how you were feeling earlier, when the Princess said you were ready to zonk out. Which, yeah, that makes sense, it's been a long night. But that's not really what I was looking for. So I'll ask again: given everything that just happened, and how mentally and emotionally difficult I'm sure it was...how are you feeling?"
> Reimu ponders something for a moment
> "It's frustrating, not only did Iris ruin my hard work but I cannot begin to understand that doll's motivation for doing so...  I mean she claims to be in possession of the most powerful magical artifact to ever exist in Gensokyo and all she wants to do is ... give it away?  And what's with the silly 'competition' theatrics?  Why jump through all those hoops?  I know I should be out investigating but my intuition is conflicting..."

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #737 on: April 03, 2023, 08:56:21 PM »
> "Well, I mean, if she's a doll, it may not be her motivation, strictly speaking? I'd believe the attitude and theatrics are her being herself, but in terms of why this is happening at all, and what there is to gain from it, I think there's another entity involved, one that she submits to. We'd need to find out who or what they are if we ever want to find the truth. ...At least, that's what I think."
> If there's space between us, scoot closer to the red-white. (Mind the tea!)
> Gently wrap our free arm around her midsection, giving her something of a one-armed hug.
> "I will at least tell you that the Princess and I already have plans in motion to investigate that possibility. I can't tell you who else may or may not be involved just yet, because it was the Princess's idea and I also don't want to compromise anyone, but that investigation is ongoing as we speak."

Tom

« Reply #738 on: April 03, 2023, 09:49:24 PM »
> "Well, I mean, if she's a doll, it may not be her motivation, strictly speaking? I'd believe the attitude and theatrics are her being herself, but in terms of why this is happening at all, and what there is to gain from it, I think there's another entity involved, one that she submits to. We'd need to find out who or what they are if we ever want to find the truth. ...At least, that's what I think."
> "So you think someone else is behind Iris?" she asks

> If there's space between us, scoot closer to the red-white. (Mind the tea!)
> Gently wrap our free arm around her midsection, giving her something of a one-armed hug.
> "I will at least tell you that the Princess and I already have plans in motion to investigate that possibility. I can't tell you who else may or may not be involved just yet, because it was the Princess's idea and I also don't want to compromise anyone, but that investigation is ongoing as we speak."
> You scoot over and she accepts your 'hug'.  "I try to just follow my intuition for who to suspect..." she explains

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #739 on: April 03, 2023, 10:00:04 PM »
> How hard or soft is the red-white?
> "I do think that, yeah. Does your intuition have you thinking that there's another explanation?"
> Sip (if we can).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 10:45:13 PM by Kilgamayan »

Tom

« Reply #740 on: April 03, 2023, 11:55:19 PM »
> How hard or soft is the red-white?
> "I do think that, yeah. Does your intuition have you thinking that there's another explanation?"
> Sip (if we can).
> She's a little tense, probably from a stressful day
> "I don't know...  Usually by now my intuition would be pointing me towards the first suspect..."
> Wonderful lavender tea!

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #741 on: April 04, 2023, 12:04:56 AM »
> "Mmm. And I imagine that's not helping your stress."
> Gently pull her a little closer to us, while lightly leaning into her ourselves.

Tom

« Reply #742 on: April 04, 2023, 01:04:52 AM »
> "Mmm. And I imagine that's not helping your stress."
> Gently pull her a little closer to us, while lightly leaning into her ourselves.
> She nods while slowly sipping her tea and places her hand on yours
> "Why would a Youkai bother investigating though?  Wouldn't you be focusing your eyes on the 'prize'?" she inquires

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #743 on: April 04, 2023, 01:14:48 AM »
> Is her hand on the back of our hand or the palm of our hand? If the latter, intertwine our fingers with hers and hold her hand in return.
> Chuckle lightly.
> "Trying to suss out my secrets already, huh? Heh, I suppose you wouldn't be you otherwise."
> "In the interest of not running the mood, let's just say there are a lot of facets to the situation to consider."

Tom

« Reply #744 on: April 04, 2023, 02:05:36 AM »
> Is her hand on the back of our hand or the palm of our hand? If the latter, intertwine our fingers with hers and hold her hand in return.
> Chuckle lightly.
> "Trying to suss out my secrets already, huh? Heh, I suppose you wouldn't be you otherwise."
> "In the interest of not running the mood, let's just say there are a lot of facets to the situation to consider."
> Her hand is on the top (back) of your hand
> "You still haven't answered my question, silly Youkai!" she laughs and taps your head

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #745 on: April 04, 2023, 02:11:04 AM »
> Smile a bit.
> "I was hoping that would be good enough for you. Ah well."
> Give Reimu's side a very gentle squeeze with the hugging hand.
> "The truth is...I don't know what I want to do yet. If, if, I do make a move, I'd want it to be something I've fully thought through. In the meantime, I can at least play defense, to make sure no one else succeeds. And who knows, maybe defeating Iris, or whoever is behind her, would be good enough to win that prize."

Tom

« Reply #746 on: April 04, 2023, 02:17:10 AM »
> Smile a bit.
> "I was hoping that would be good enough for you. Ah well."
> Give Reimu's side a very gentle squeeze with the hugging hand.
> "The truth is...I don't know what I want to do yet. If, if, I do make a move, I'd want it to be something I've fully thought through. In the meantime, I can at least play defense, to make sure no one else succeeds. And who knows, maybe defeating Iris, or whoever is behind her, would be good enough to win that prize."
> She gently pats your hand in return!
> Reimu ponders about your answer for a bit "I-I see...  She hasn't denied the existence of other ways to 'win', maybe we should ask her sometime.  I doubt she'd be allowed to lie about important stuff like that..."

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #747 on: April 04, 2023, 02:23:46 AM »
> "Yeah. If nothing else, it seems like there should be some sort of win condition that you can meet. That would be pretty unfair otherwise."

Tom

« Reply #748 on: April 04, 2023, 02:29:19 AM »
> "Yeah. If nothing else, it seems like there should be some sort of win condition that you can meet. That would be pretty unfair otherwise."
> "Well the only reason I'd want to win is to keep the Founder's Crystal out of the hands of power hungry Youkai...  Besides an artifact created by the founders of Gensokyo ought to belong to the Hakurei shrine maiden." she explains

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #749 on: April 04, 2023, 02:43:27 AM »
> Does Reimu seem to have de-stressed any?
> Give her another gentle squeeze.
> "That's as valid a reason to want it as anyone else, I'd say."