Author Topic: Rumia Quest - Another  (Read 358078 times)

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2021, 02:05:18 AM »
>The ruukoto lookalike is the ghost lady from earlier, right? Or is it literally a carbon copy of Ruukoto?
>Head tilt.
>"So you're like some kind of Super Cult? Wouldn't you have more members if that's the case?"
>Gesture to the one who said we don't know about it.
>"And she has a fair point. Can't really join a cult or super cult if I don't know what they're all about. Again, was more curious about what was happening here, anyway."

>If the lookalike is the ghost lady:
>>Turn to her, "Hello again, by the way. I do believe we briefly met before? Sorry for the mistaken identity and misunderstanding earlier."

>Is shadow still with either of our bodies?
>mumble, "Religion?  No.  Super Cult?  Is that even a thing?"
> "No no. We mean that if a cult is a group praising something, we'd be the ones they praise."
> "Forget it. She doesn't get it." The torch bearer says.

> You think the lookalike is the ghost lady.
> "Wait, you met her before?"
> "Just a bit. She seems to be a youkai with darkness powers."
> The group goes silent for a bit.

> Your shadow is still present.
> "Tell you what, if you can impress us, we'll sate your curiosity."
>_

« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2021, 05:11:19 AM »
>Have our darkness spread underground towards the group members except the ghost lady

>"Well, if you are certain you want me to."
>Have our darkness grab their shadows, except the ghost lady's, when we say certain
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:13:55 AM by Philosopher »

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2021, 09:23:34 AM »
>Have our darkness spread underground towards the group members except the ghost lady

>"Well, if you are certain you want me to."
>Have our darkness grab their shadows, except the ghost lady's, when we say certain
> You spread your darkness through the ground and grab onto each of the group on cue.
> "Hm. That's to be expected of someone with darkness abilities. Though it's not very impressing." One of them responds. "A good attempt, but try again."
> "Wait, What did she do?" The torch bearer questions.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2021, 10:15:33 AM »
>Physical description of 'miss try again'?
>Have our darkness holding the shadow of the one that told us to try again form a copy of our head and shoulders and have it emerge from said person's shadow, don't make it a separate body but instead keep it connected to us by a tendril.
>If additional mass is needed, absorb darkness from below ground. Not from the shadows directly.
>Once our secondary head is complete, have it speak:
>>"Is this more to your liking?"

>Wait for approval from another player.

« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2021, 02:54:04 PM »
>Give the torch bearer a sad look
>"Ouch. There goes the mood setter."
>"Oh well, on with performance."

>Do following with player approval
->Have black wolves with red eyes crawl of our darkness near people's shadows but keep the wolves connected to us, have most wolves as living shadows with a few physical ones
->Have our darkness flow through the torch bearer's body and into her mouth
-->Using the fairy's voice say from her mouth, "Is this to your liking?"
--->Eat darkness as needed to fuel the show

//I don't know why I try to have Rumia come off as a performer.

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2021, 08:14:14 PM »
>Have our darkness holding the shadow of the one that told us to try again form a copy of our head and shoulders and have it emerge from said person's shadow, don't make it a separate body but instead keep it connected to us by a tendril.
>If additional mass is needed, absorb darkness from below ground. Not from the shadows directly.

// I humbly do not have anything to constructively object/add/modify to those inputs //

> Still keep every and each possible visuals off The Torch as a precaution.
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2021, 01:38:04 AM »

>Give the torch bearer a sad look
>"Ouch. There goes the mood setter."
>"Oh well, on with performance."

>Do following with player approval
->Have black wolves with red eyes crawl of our darkness near people's shadows but keep the wolves connected to us, have most wolves as living shadows with a few physical ones
->Have our darkness flow through the torch bearer's body and into her mouth
-->Using the fairy's voice say from her mouth, "Is this to your liking?"
--->Eat darkness as needed to fuel the show

//I don't know why I try to have Rumia come off as a performer.
// I humbly do not have anything to constructively object/add/modify to those inputs //

> Still keep every and each possible visuals off The Torch as a precaution.
> Miss "Try again" is definitely, from your observations, not, not Ruukoto, the ghost person. Maybe you aren't very hungry, but you aren't too eager to try and eat her yet.

> You make some figures out of darkness in an attempt to impress the group.
> You don't believe you can mimic the torch bearer's voice.
> "This isn't very different from a human using their hands to form shadow puppets. I'm starting to think she doesn't have what it takes."
> "Oh, maybe you should be a bit more lenient. It seems like she's trying her best, after all."
> "Why not try biting a chunk out of this fairy here?" The ghost questions. "That'd be pretty bold, and I'd be impressed."
> "H-Hey!" The torch bearer protests.
> "She wouldn't dare. This fairy's much stronger than the ones normally seen."
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2021, 01:48:54 AM »
> Miss "Try again" is definitely, from your observations, not, not Ruukoto, the ghost person. Maybe you aren't very hungry, but you aren't too eager to try and eat her yet.
>This only makes things more confusing as all this is telling us is that it's one of the people who isn't the fairy or the ghost person, rather than a description of what they look like.
>Description of the appearance of everyone here.

>Look at the fairy.
>"I mean I'm willing to try since fairies respawn and all, but only if you consent to it. I'd rather not be needlessly cruel or garner a bad reputation after all."

>"I could eat a few of the trees instead if you'd all rather have me devour something... I could also bring a bit of Misty Lake here if you're interested."

Contingency:
>If there is no sign of Reimu or Marisa, sink into the ground and use our top speed to head to our fishing location under Misty Lake.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2021, 01:59:22 AM »
>This only makes things more confusing as all this is telling us is that it's one of the people who isn't the fairy or the ghost person, rather than a description of what they look like.
>Description of the appearance of everyone here.

>Look at the fairy.
>"I mean I'm willing to try since fairies respawn and all, but only if you consent to it. I'd rather not be needlessly cruel or garner a bad reputation after all."

>"I could eat a few of the trees instead if you'd all rather have me devour something... I could also bring a bit of Misty Lake here if you're interested."

Contingency:
>If there is no sign of Reimu or Marisa, sink into the ground and use our top speed to head to our fishing location under Misty Lake.
> You look harder, trying to get a better description.
> Only the ghost person is not made of meat... The... The one with the torch seems the least appetizing.
> You're not sure what the torch bearer says, but it doesn't seem to like the thought of being eaten.
> The meat-bags talk amongst each other. Or to you? It's nothing you can understand at least... The ghost seems to be riled up a lot by something.

> Neither of the two seem to be around. Thus, you head underground.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2021, 02:01:41 AM »
>Look at the fairy.

//Did these go through?

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2021, 02:04:55 AM »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2021, 02:14:34 AM »
//Then, why, may I ask, did we not see the results of this? The physical description thing should've been based on what the character was currently seeing and therefore should not have necessitated "looking harder" and putting us into a hyper focused state.

//If we keep getting actively punished for something as simple as asking for more information (There have been a few other instances of such throughout the "Hime" quest series so far), I'm going to take issue with this.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2021, 02:33:41 AM »
//Then, why, may I ask, did we not see the results of this? The physical description thing should've been based on what the character was currently seeing and therefore should not have necessitated "looking harder" and putting us into a hyper focused state.

//If we keep getting actively punished for something as simple as asking for more information (There have been a few other instances of such throughout the "Hime" quest series so far), I'm going to take issue with this.
//There have been no punishments for any of the actions taken by the players in this encounter as of yet. I shouldn't have to reveal such, but if it's necessary to get rid of the paralyzing paranoia here, I can bite the bullet. I hope I don't have to start saying "This character will do this next" and lay out an entire map of reactions to the players before actions are even taken...

« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2021, 02:58:59 AM »
>"Wow, tough crowd."
>"OK, for my next trick I'll make this fairy dissappear."

>Have our darkness pour out of the fairy's skin until she is covered
->Send her to the shadow realm! (Leave that blasted torch behind though)
>Create a hand with eyes in the shadow realm

>"Any place in particular you want the fairy let out?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2021, 03:05:52 AM »
I hope I don't have to start saying "This character will do this next" and lay out an entire map of reactions to the players before actions are even taken...
//Dude, you don't have to go to that extreme.

//Even if there isn't an actual punishment, it certainly feels that way from my perspective. It just doesn't make much sense for a simple request for information or clarification to what the character is seeing, which, might I add, would have no overall effect on anything aside from supplying us with useful information, to elicit such a response, especially since "looking harder" shouldn't even be required for information, that, from the character's perspective, is already there in front of it.

//Now, some may say "maybe this is actually plot related", and while I may be inclined to give some benefit of the doubt, as I said before there's been a precedent in this quest series for harmless commands being interpreted literally or even somewhat maliciously. (The "examine mokou causing her to narrow her eyes at us" situation from the previous Rumia Quest being an example. As even in your old quests asking to "examine" a person we just met was usually interpreted as "give us more details on what this person looks like" as was its intention.) So please forgive me for harboring a bit of skepticism.

>"Wow, tough crowd."

>Don't do this.

//Phil, can you please wait. There's too much confusion caused by the last parse right now, and I think doing this might be a bad idea anyway, especially since apparently we were too busy "looking" to know exactly how they responded to Rumia's offers, so this might agitate them.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2021, 03:38:58 AM »
>"Wow, tough crowd."

> You have your darkness emerge from the fairy, covering her and "eating" her. Though not actually eating her. You're sure she isn't very appetizing.
> The torch is left behind. Which the ghost quickly extinguishes with a rod, speaking something.
> The others don't seem happy with this turn of events. But it's somewhat satisfying to see the torch die out.
> "Oh! That's right, I nearly forgot it does that..." One of the... The long haired blonde woman holds a hand to her face. It seems a bit clearer now.
> "You mean you did forget." The ghost frowns.
> "My my, we're sorry for subjecting you to that. It was completely unintentional." The redhead speaks. "Even despite being under the influence of her torch, you managed to do... well, whatever that was to Piece, not even killing her. Wouldn't you say she passes?" She turns to the blonde.
> "Hm... I'll judge that on what exactly she did to Clownpiece." The blonde speaks. "Do you believe she has already recovered enough to listen to us and explain?"

> The area and your head feels clearer without the torch's light being around, even with you avoiding it. You swear you were in a fine state of mind earlier, but it feels even better now. You would like an explanation yourself before you give them yours...

> You create a hand with eyes within your darkness void. The fairy seems too startled to speak at the moment. That, or maybe surprised.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2021, 03:47:19 AM »
//Fine. You're the QM. Let's just forget this and move on.

Prime:
>"Huh, my mind feels clearer for some reason."

Contingency:
>Head back to the shrine. Through the ground as darkness of course.

Shadow Realm:
>Can we see our fish floating in here with the fairy?
>Attempt to project our voice into this space:
>>"Er... Testing? Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 03:53:38 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2021, 04:12:55 AM »
//Fine. You're the QM. Let's just forget this and move on.

Prime:
>"Huh, my mind feels clearer for some reason."

Contingency:
>Head back to the shrine. Through the ground as darkness of course.

Shadow Realm:
>Can we see our fish floating in here with the fairy?
>Attempt to project our voice into this space:
>>"Er... Testing? Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?"
> "Of course it does." The ghost replies. "That fairy's torch messes with you. Especially if you look straight at it, which you at least seemed to avoid."
> "I get it... I'll tell her to be a bit less showy with it in cases like these." The redhead waves.

> You cut your path short and return to the shrine. You haven't noticed Reimu nor Marisa on your path yet, even near the lake.

> Yes.
> "Eh?! Did you eat me? Is this your stomach?" The fairy questions.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2021, 04:33:14 AM »
Prime:
>"Huh. So what was actually going on here, then? Was that fairy trying to get you guys to do something?"
>"Oh, and she's not dead, by the way. Talking to her now as we speak actually."

Shadow Realm:
>"No. If I actually ate you, you would be dead, or on your way to respawning in your case. Your body would be converted into more darkness to add to my mass."
>"This is more like an internal storage. You're actually the first person I've tried taking into this place, so I'd like to ask you a few questions. Namely if it hurts at all. I kinda want to use this to transport people eventually, so I'd want to make sure it's safe."
>"Also sorry for bringing you in without your consent. That torch of yours was kinda messing with my head for a bit..."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:44:20 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2021, 04:40:48 AM »
Shadow Realm:
>"I'm actually trying different names for this place. I'm going with the Shadow Realm for now."
>"Do you feel cold, hot, or any weird sensations?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2021, 04:48:55 AM »
Prime:
>"Huh. So what was actually going on here, then? Was that fairy trying to get you guys to do something?"
>"Oh, and she's not dead, by the way. Talking to her now as we speak actually."

Shadow Realm:
>"No. If I actually ate you, you would be dead, or on your way to respawning in your case. Your body would be converted into more darkness to add to my mass."
>"This is more like an internal storage. You're actually the first person I've tried taking into this place, so I'd like to ask you a few questions. Namely if it hurts at all. I kinda want to use this to transport people eventually, so I'd want to make sure it's safe."
>"Also sorry for bringing you in without your consent. That torch of yours was kinda messing with my head for a bit..."
Shadow Realm:
>"I'm actually trying different names for this place. I'm going with the Shadow Realm for now."
>"Do you feel cold, hot, or any weird sensations?"
> "No, she's just used to that."
> "How?" The blonde questions. "Or, where, I suppose?"

> "No... nothing really. Just really dark. Ah, my torch. Uh, right, it's not good to ask someone to do something while I'm waving that in their face..." The fairy answers. 
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2021, 04:59:10 AM »
Prime:
>"Not sure exactly where it is, but I assume it's within me somewhere. It's some kind of pocket storage inside of my darkness, and I'm projecting my voice into it to speak with her. I'm calling it my 'Shadow Realm' for now until I can think of something better."

Shadow Realm:
>Do the fish appear to have rotted at all since however long ago they've been in here?
>"Okay, that's good to hear. Anything else that can't be attributed to discomfort from being in the dark?"
>"Oh, and where are my manners, my name is Rumia. What's yours?"

« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2021, 05:11:33 AM »
Prime:
>"I. . .actually don't know where where she is is."
>"It's dark, it serves as a good storage, and I'm calling it the Shadow Realm for now."

Shadow Realm:
>Beat
>"The ghost lady told me the same thing."
>Say in a contemplating voice, "It does something to the mind."
>"Oh, your torch is back here. Not here, Gensokyo."

//Oh, a meeting of some of the most powerful people in Gensokyo.  Yukari, Hecati, Mima. . . Sis where are you?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2021, 05:16:17 AM »
//Oh, a meeting of some of the most powerful people in Gensokyo.  Yukari, Hecati, Mima. . . Sis where are you?
//Actually pretty sure the blonde might be Junko. Mima is guaranteed while Hecatia is likely though.

//But won't jump to any conclusions until we actually learn their names in-quest, because if the Ruukoto and Mokou incidents were anything to go off of, this is just as likely to be Yumemi, Chiyuri, and a random Tojiko holding a stick. *shot*

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2021, 05:26:45 AM »
Prime:
>"Not sure exactly where it is, but I assume it's within me somewhere. It's some kind of pocket storage inside of my darkness, and I'm projecting my voice into it to speak with her. I'm calling it my 'Shadow Realm' for now until I can think of something better."

Shadow Realm:
>Do the fish appear to have rotted at all since however long ago they've been in here?
>"Okay, that's good to hear. Anything else that can't be attributed to discomfort from being in the dark?"
>"Oh, and where are my manners, my name is Rumia. What's yours?"
Prime:
>"I. . .actually don't know where where she is is."
>"It's dark, it serves as a good storage, and I'm calling it the Shadow Realm for now."

Shadow Realm:
>Beat
>"The ghost lady told me the same thing."
>Say in a contemplating voice, "It does something to the mind."
>"Oh, your torch is back here. Not here, Gensokyo."

> "So you took her to a storage of yours..." The ghost recaps.
> "Hm... that's impressive enough." The blonde nods.
> "Well, we said we'd sate your curiosity, Shadow Realm Youkai, so, it seems Clownpiece has been invited to a contest to see who the best fairy in Gensokyo is." The redhead explains. "She says it's important we follow her lead, if not the others, so we're playing along with her."
> "They're offering me to join, but I haven't decided yet. The ghost woman crosses her arms.

> The fish seem fine. They're even still squirming. You wonder if they're somehow able to breathe here, too.
> "My name is Clownpiece. I guess it doesn't feel bad. But there's nothing great about it either."
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2021, 05:39:45 AM »
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow in interest.
>"The best fairy in Gensokyo, eh? Seems like an interesting title. Though the best at what? Overall? Strength? Wit?"
>"Oh, and I should probably introduce myself. My name is Rumia."

Shadow Realm:
>Do we feel any discomfort from actually having things in here?

>Make our head appear on our eldritch-eye-hand-thingy.
>Smile
>"Well it's nice to meet you. Hmm... Yeah, it is a bit bland in here, but then again it's not really meant as a long term storage for people. Though I wonder..."
>Concentrate.
>Attempt to form a small chair out of the darkness here.

« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2021, 05:44:40 AM »
>Do we know any fairies besides Cirno who would want that title?

Shadow Realm:
>Try to put a sphere if darkness with enough thickness to swim around the fish

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2021, 06:02:01 AM »
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow in interest.
>"The best fairy in Gensokyo, eh? Seems like an interesting title. Though the best at what? Overall? Strength? Wit?"
>"Oh, and I should probably introduce myself. My name is Rumia."

Shadow Realm:
>Do we feel any discomfort from actually having things in here?

>Make our head appear on our eldritch-eye-hand-thingy.
>Smile
>"Well it's nice to meet you. Hmm... Yeah, it is a bit bland in here, but then again it's not really meant as a long term storage for people. Though I wonder..."
>Concentrate.
>Attempt to form a small chair out of the darkness here.
>Do we know any fairies besides Cirno who would want that title?

Shadow Realm:
>Try to put a sphere if darkness with enough thickness to swim around the fish
> You've only met Cirno, Daiyousei, and Clownpiece, so that's about all you'd guess would want the title.
> "Clownpiece didn't seem to have much else to share aside from what we've said."
> "Introductions, right. My name is Hecatia." The redhead speaks, then motions to the blonde. "This is my friend, Junko."
> "Mima." The ghost gestures to herself. "I should probably get going. I've gotten all the details I could from this."
> "Well, feel free to join us when you see the competition. We already know my Clownpiece will win." Hecatia smiles.

> You do not feel any discomfort.
> You easily form a chair out of darkness.
> Then, a sphere around one of the fish. It swims through for a moment, before falling out the edge and onto the "ground" again.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2021, 06:19:33 AM »
Prime:
>"It's nice to meet all of you."
>"Oh, Mima, before you go. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but some two-in-one youkai known as Shingyoku apparently detected a powerful spirit near the Hakurei Shrine. I'm not sure if it's you, but I thought I should give you a heads up, since they did try to convince Miss Reimu to deal with said spirit earlier."
>Turn to Hecatia, " 'My Clownpiece'? "

Shadow Realm:
>"Huh, so this place does have gravity. Good to know."
>"Well if you want to sit down, there's a chair now I guess. ...Also I'm kinda surprised those fish are alive. I thought they died when I plucked them from the lake... Do you want one when I send you back? Evidently, It'll be fresh."

« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2021, 06:27:22 AM »
Shadow Realm:
>Try making a tank
->Put shadow water in with the fish

>"Be careful on your <insert direction of fish tank relative to Clownpiece>.  I just put an aquarium there.