Author Topic: Rumia Quest - Another  (Read 95575 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2021, 11:04:37 AM »
Prime:
>Shingyoku already left, right?
>"I'm wondering that too..."

Contingency:
>"Huh. I had a feeling one of the sensations might've been your piece of Shadow. Anyway, I'm well aware of the potential risks: If something bad happened to this body that it couldn't escape from, then I'll just dissolve it."
>"Also she's my shadow, so it's only fair that I come to her aid if she's in trouble. If you don't think I can handle it on my own, then at least let me help you, sis. She still technically belongs to both of us at the moment, after all."
Prime:
>"Is that so?"
>Frown

>"Cheat technique?"


>Wait, where is our ribbon
->Get the ribbon and examine it
> Yes, he had.
> "What, so you're not in control of your shadow?" Reimu questions.
> "Yeah, Reimu's good at getting rid of barriers and seals with a cheat she knows." Marisa explains.
> "Not everything though."
> "Sure seems like it."

> You don't have your ribbon.
> "Both are still just your shadow. Which is why-..." You hear the other Rumia sigh. "Fine, go ahead and try to save your shadow."
> The darkness no longer seems to be blocking your way.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2021, 11:07:50 AM »
Prime:
>"Oh, her."
>Give a small shake of our head
>"No, not really.  She's been exploring Gensokyo on her own."

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2021, 11:15:20 AM »
Prime:
>Blink.
>"Wait, you know about my Shadow? Well, since you asked, yes and no... She's my shadow, and she listens to me, but she's also sorta a separate entity. I've been letting her 'stretch her legs' and reacquaint herself with Gensokyo as long as she behaves. Something is happening with her right now, though. Not sure what, but I'm having another body investigate as we speak."

Contingency:
>"Thank you, sis. Though we can still go together if you want."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 11:18:20 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2021, 11:36:56 AM »
Prime:
>"Oh, her."
>Give a small shake of our head
>"No, not really.  She's been exploring Gensokyo on her own."
Prime:
>Blink.
>"Wait, you know about my Shadow? Well, since you asked, yes and no... She's my shadow, and she listens to me, but she's also sorta a separate entity. I've been letting her 'stretch her legs' and reacquaint herself with Gensokyo as long as she behaves. Something is happening with her right now, though. Not sure what, but I'm having another body investigate as we speak."

Contingency:
>"Thank you, sis. Though we can still go together if you want."
> "Uh huh..."

> The other Rumia doesn't answer.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2021, 11:43:58 AM »
Prime:
>"...so was that curse thing you were sensing about my shadow, or was it something else about me that I'm not aware of?"

Contingency:
>"Well... I don't know if you're still here, listening, but the offer's still open if you change your mind."
>Continue heading towards our shadow, but don't pop up next to her, instead, choose somewhere a fair distance away, out of sight from anyone who might be at our shadow's location, and assess the situation.
>If our shadow is in or near Sanae's shrine for whatever reason, pop up somewhere out of the way where we won't be seen -- ideally on or near the shrine path -- and calmly head for the front of the shrine.
>Make sure we're in our small form when we do so in either case.

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2021, 11:47:12 AM »
Prime:
>"I'm telling the truth."
>beat

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »
Prime:
>"...so was that curse thing you were sensing about my shadow, or was it something else about me that I'm not aware of?"

Contingency:
>"Well... I don't know if you're still here, listening, but the offer's still open if you change your mind."
>Continue heading towards our shadow, but don't pop up next to her, instead, choose somewhere a fair distance away, out of sight from anyone who might be at our shadow's location, and assess the situation.
>If our shadow is in or near Sanae's shrine for whatever reason, pop up somewhere out of the way where we won't be seen -- ideally on or near the shrine path -- and calmly head for the front of the shrine.
>Make sure we're in our small form when we do so in either case.
Prime:
>"I'm telling the truth."
>beat
> "Probably the former."

> No response.
> You continue, getting near the area your shadow was at, but only emerging somewhere far enough away and out of sight, and in your small form.
> Before you even finish emerging in your small form, you realize that you're surrounded by white serpents.
> Within moments of the realization, darkness starts to envelop you. Or rather, your vision begins to fail.
> As does your hearing. And other senses.
> "You won't be f-" A feminine voice speaks further away, not from the serpents, before you can't hear anymore.

> The same begins to happen to the you at Reimu's Shrine. Though slightly slower.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2021, 12:30:05 PM »
Contingency:
>We don't need senses to act!
>Retreat into the ground (by remembering, based on our orientation, where down was, counting backwards from the time it takes us to emerge. Add an extra second or two for good measure.)
>If our senses do not return, travel, based on our orientation prior to sensory failure, in the direction we remember Sanae's shrine is from our location at top speed.
>If we're already too close to said shrine to get a reasonable distance away, head for where we remember the rough halfway point up the mountain is.

Prime:
>If Contingency is unable to get out of the effect, or once our senses are dulled by around 25%, dissolve Contingency to prevent further contamination.
>Regardless of above:
>>Partition a chibi body off our ourselves inside the ground below our feet and send it off in the direction of youkai mountain.
>>Absorb some of the darkness below our feet to replenish the loss.

Chibi:
>Travel towards Youkai Mountain through the below-ground darkness at top speed.
>Absorb darkness as we travel to both pay for our upkeep and to gain enough mass to shift into small form.
>Emerge, in small form, in front of Sanae's shrine.
>>If that is too close to be a reasonable distance away, then emerge twice as far as where Contingency was.

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2021, 02:46:00 PM »
Contingency:
>Scream in panic, "I challenge you to a spellcard duel!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2021, 02:58:52 PM »
Contingency:
>Scream in panic, "I challenge you to a spellcard duel!"
>Don't do this.
//seems like too panicky of a reaction. Plus they aren't even playing by the rules right now anyway.

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2021, 03:11:29 PM »
Contingency:
>Dissolve this body

//Retreating via the Earth from a Earth goddess is a bad idea

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2021, 05:59:38 PM »
Contingency:
>Dissolve this body

//Retreating via the Earth from a Earth goddess is a bad idea
>Only do so if previously mentioned conditions (Unable to get rid of effect or Prime sensation loss at 25% or more) are satisfied.

//Getting rid of the body without making any attempt to shake off the effect could be interpreted as cowardice by X, since it's still possible she may be watching our efforts.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »
Contingency:
>We don't need senses to act!
>Retreat into the ground (by remembering, based on our orientation, where down was, counting backwards from the time it takes us to emerge. Add an extra second or two for good measure.)
>If our senses do not return, travel, based on our orientation prior to sensory failure, in the direction we remember Sanae's shrine is from our location at top speed.
>If we're already too close to said shrine to get a reasonable distance away, head for where we remember the rough halfway point up the mountain is.

Prime:
>If Contingency is unable to get out of the effect, or once our senses are dulled by around 25%, dissolve Contingency to prevent further contamination.
>Regardless of above:
>>Partition a chibi body off our ourselves inside the ground below our feet and send it off in the direction of youkai mountain.
>>Absorb some of the darkness below our feet to replenish the loss.

Chibi:
>Travel towards Youkai Mountain through the below-ground darkness at top speed.
>Absorb darkness as we travel to both pay for our upkeep and to gain enough mass to shift into small form.
>Emerge, in small form, in front of Sanae's shrine.
>>If that is too close to be a reasonable distance away, then emerge twice as far as where Contingency was.
Contingency:
>Scream in panic, "I challenge you to a spellcard duel!"
>Don't do this.
//seems like too panicky of a reaction. Plus they aren't even playing by the rules right now anyway.
Contingency:
>Dissolve this body

//Retreating via the Earth from a Earth goddess is a bad idea
>Only do so if previously mentioned conditions (Unable to get rid of effect or Prime sensation loss at 25% or more) are satisfied.

//Getting rid of the body without making any attempt to shake off the effect could be interpreted as cowardice by X, since it's still possible she may be watching our efforts.
> You submerge and try to head away from the area, but still can't feel anything.
> Thus, you get rid of your other body. In doing so, the loss of your senses seems to speed up. As if it were slower from having another body.
> You can't tell if you've created another body yet or not. You can't even tell if Reimu or Marisa has noticed anything happen to you.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2021, 09:34:37 PM »
//Well fuk.

Prime:
>Absorb a bunch of fresh darkness from the ground beneath our feet to dilute the contamination.
>Imagine our new sister giving us a smug 'I told you so' look. Use that as motivation to resist this! We're not going to give her that satisfaction so easily!

>"White serpents on Youkai Mountain. Did something to other body and shadow."

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2021, 09:44:02 PM »
Prime:
>"Damn you shadow!"

>While absorbing darkness make a network of roots to increase the amount of darkness we can absorb

//I just know that Suwanko cursed Shadow and through Shadow us

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2021, 09:49:20 PM »
Prime:
>"Damn you shadow!"
>Don't curse shadow's name aloud. We don't even know if it's her fault.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2021, 11:26:09 PM »
//Well fuk.

Prime:
>Absorb a bunch of fresh darkness from the ground beneath our feet to dilute the contamination.
>Imagine our new sister giving us a smug 'I told you so' look. Use that as motivation to resist this! We're not going to give her that satisfaction so easily!

>"White serpents on Youkai Mountain. Did something to other body and shadow."
Prime:
>"Damn you shadow!"

>While absorbing darkness make a network of roots to increase the amount of darkness we can absorb

//I just know that Suwanko cursed Shadow and through Shadow us
>Don't curse shadow's name aloud. We don't even know if it's her fault.
> You absorb more darkness, though are still unable to tell if it does anything.
> You try to speak, but don't even know if you open your mouth, nor if anything comes out.
> You no longer can even tell if you're absorbing or using any darkness anymore.
> ...
> ...
> You finally feel... well, anything, again. The first thing you see is two women next to the other Rumia. And behind them, Sanae's shrine.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2021, 11:32:34 PM »
>Do we have any other bodies active?
>Reflexively check for the presence of a burning ribbon.
>>Exhale in relief if we find none.
>Are Reimu and/or Marisa here?

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2021, 11:37:27 PM »
>Give a weak smile
>"Hey."

>Take a breath and let go of what remains of our pride and ego

>Turn our head to we aren't making direct eye contact
>"You were right."
>Take a breath then turn towards them
>"Thanks, sis."

//My ego and pride got shredded :(

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2021, 11:43:20 PM »
//Wasn't going to speak until my actions were parsed but okay then...

>"...I guess this is the part where you say 'I told you so'?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2021, 11:54:27 PM »
>Do we have any other bodies active?
>Reflexively check for the presence of a burning ribbon.
>>Exhale in relief if we find none.
>Are Reimu and/or Marisa here?
>Give a weak smile
>"Hey."

>Take a breath and let go of what remains of our pride and ego

>Turn our head to we aren't making direct eye contact
>"You were right."
>Take a breath then turn towards them
>"Thanks, sis."

//My ego and pride got shredded :(
//Wasn't going to speak until my actions were parsed but okay then...

>"...I guess this is the part where you say 'I told you so'?"
> You do not.
> No ribbon in sight. Or feel. Or even smell.
> Reimu and Marisa are not here.

> "To be fair, I underestimated them a bit, too." X Rumia speaks. "Probably would've been better for both of us to go in at once. If to split their attention. They made me angry though. Looking down on me because you're gods?" She looks to the two women. "Your attachments were part of your downfall, but this isn't the only way I could've ended it. Gods have weaknesses too, like their followers. So, would you like to apologize?"
> "We're sorry for our behavior to you..." One of the women speaks. "But not her. That other you almost k-."
> "Shshh." X Rumia puts a finger to her mouth. "It's complicated. Don't blame her. She's more oblivious to it than me. So if you can apologize to me, you can to her."
> "Fine... Sorry for having Mishaguji-sama curse you." The other woman speaks.
> "Can you return Sanae now?"
> The other Rumia seems to consider.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2021, 12:10:22 AM »
>Is Shadow present and accounted for?
>Blink and turn to our sister.
>"Wait. You took Miss Sanae hostage? Sis, I respect you, but may I ask why that was necessary? She did nothing but help us the last time we met her."

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2021, 12:21:47 AM »
>lick our lips
>"Wha . . .What did. . ."
>Take a gulp of air
> "I do?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2021, 12:55:13 AM »
>Is Shadow present and accounted for?
>Blink and turn to our sister.
>"Wait. You took Miss Sanae hostage? Sis, I respect you, but may I ask why that was necessary? She did nothing but help us the last time we met her."
>lick our lips
>"Wha . . .What did. . ."
>Take a gulp of air
> "I do?"
> "Uh, sorry...the Sanae thing is my fault. I'm working on making it right." You hear your shadow.
> "It's not exactly like that. I just had to get the chance to prove myself. And you didn't do anything. Your shadow might've, though."
> "She wanted a duel even while she couldn't feel anything. AND WON!" One of the women exclaims in an annoyed manner. "How does someone win a display of beauty when they can't see or feel anything."
> "I just needed darkness. You can't remove my connection to that." The other Rumia boasts. "No one's better with darkness than me."
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2021, 01:03:13 AM »
>Was shadow speaking aloud or in our head?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2021, 01:04:12 AM »
>Was shadow speaking aloud or in our head?
> The latter
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2021, 01:18:56 AM »
>("Care to tell me exactly what happened?")
>("...")
>("...I'm sorry as well, by the way. I tried to come to your aid, but I failed...")

>Smile slightly.
>"You know I'm a bit jealous hearing that, but I'm just going to use that as motivation to improve. Hopefully in time I can be your equal, sis. Or at the very least a close second."
>"...So exactly what happened here? I'm asking my shadow for her side of the story, but I'd like to hear things from your perspective as well. How long was I out by the way? For that matter, how did I get here? My last body was at the Hakurei Shrine when I lost awareness."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 01:21:44 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2021, 01:20:08 AM »
>Try to imagine what kind of danmaku Sis used

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2021, 02:38:22 AM »
>("Care to tell me exactly what happened?")
>("...")
>("...I'm sorry as well, by the way. I tried to come to your aid, but I failed...")

>Smile slightly.
>"You know I'm a bit jealous hearing that, but I'm just going to use that as motivation to improve. Hopefully in time I can be your equal, sis. Or at the very least a close second."
>"...So exactly what happened here? I'm asking my shadow for her side of the story, but I'd like to hear things from your perspective as well. How long was I out by the way? For that matter, how did I get here? My last body was at the Hakurei Shrine when I lost awareness."
>Try to imagine what kind of danmaku Sis used
> "I'd rather not. It wasn't my proudest moment. And don't worry about it." Your shadow responds.

> "You already know a bit of feeling darkness. You'll get back to it." X Rumia says. "And I brought you. Let's just say, your shadow's done worse than me just holding Sanae for the opportunity to duel them."
> It appears to be nighttime...
> You'd guess she used the spellcards you know already...
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Another
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2021, 03:00:24 AM »
>("Hmm... I won't pry this time. But please try to keep yourself out of trouble in the future. If something like this happens again, we may need to have a serious discussion regarding your privileges...")
>("Also, you're grounded.")

>"Ah. I assume you introduced yourself to Miss Reimu, then? Or did you just drag me through the ground in front of them?"
>Look to the women.
>"Also for whatever my shadow did, I sincerely apologize. She has been warned."