Author Topic: Minor Existence Quest  (Read 235137 times)

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #510 on: May 13, 2022, 02:23:18 AM »
>"The Satsujinki clan was a group of mikos from outside Gensokyo that specialized in youkai extermination and did so with weapons.  We also found that she likely made her blade via a ritual."

>"We also have talismans for sealing and purifying misfortune, protection from spiritual attacks, and spiritual strikes."

>Could we use our talismans to keep the the misfortune from flowing down the river?

>Do we think that sealing talismans could be used to keep the misfortune from seeping into people?

« Reply #511 on: May 17, 2022, 10:47:23 PM »
>"The Satsujinki clan was a group of mikos from outside Gensokyo that specialized in youkai extermination and did so with weapons.  We also found that she likely made her blade via a ritual."

>"We also have talismans for sealing and purifying misfortune, protection from spiritual attacks, and spiritual strikes."

>The Tengu and Unity's faces morph into a cringe when hearing about the Clan, but Ame is partially confused.
>"Satsujinki? Sounds like a made-up name but I guess after all this I'll believe anything. Though their way of operating sounds alarmingly similar to how I was trained, albeit in my case it was just self-defence and protection rather than extermination."
>"And it explains the most recent report I just got. Speaking of: let's share that now."

>"After that talk you and that bird had with me, my troupe and I decided to do some cleaning in this area." Unity's face sours;  "During this, a purple haze spread throughout the area starting from downstream the river, making the place inhospitable. My troops are suffering in there as we speak and I can only hope they return safely. I feel like I'm failing them as a leader out here."

>"As for my involvement, well..." The Tengu begins.
"I recently published a newspaper and was immediately confronted by Reimu Hakurei for more information regarding it. Afterwards we decided to briefly work together: She would get important information and I would get frontlines on a story for once, a win-win! We started at Suzunaan for research but then I got distracted, Reimu went on without me, and here I am now being dragged by some humans and a fairy." She sounds disgruntled.
>"What she neglects to mention is that Reimu most likely came in this direction after they both noticed the haze. Do you Tengu obscure the truth by omission often? Or is this an off day for you?" Ame says in an annoyed tone.
>What's with this overall negative feeling?

>Could we use our talismans to keep the the misfortune from flowing down the river?

>Do we think that sealing talismans could be used to keep the misfortune from seeping into people?

>Yes, that would stop the Misfortune from advancing. But it would buy you more time at be, and wouldn't truly fix the issue from the sounds of it.
>As far as you know: Yes. You only read a book and a scroll so you're worried about your expertise on the topic. But trying it should assuage any worries.
>_?

« Reply #512 on: May 21, 2022, 11:10:05 PM »
>"These should help."
->Hand out sealing talismans to everyone

>Say to the fairy steeped in misfortune. "Before you use the misfortune sealing talisman I'd recommend a purification one."
->Hand the fairy a misfortune purification talisman

>Glance around at everyone
->"Can I get some help placing the sealing talismans around."
-->Help stop the misfortune from spreading further

« Reply #513 on: June 03, 2022, 12:35:14 PM »
>"These should help."
->Hand out sealing talismans to everyone

>Say to the fairy steeped in misfortune. "Before you use the misfortune sealing talisman I'd recommend a purification one."
->Hand the fairy a misfortune purification talisman

>Glance around at everyone
->"Can I get some help placing the sealing talismans around."
-->Help stop the misfortune from spreading further

>Everyone helps with clearing the area and stopping the spread once they get talismans. Though the Tengu does raise her brow.

>The Unfortunate fairy stares at the purification seal before giving a quiet 'thank you'. Her method of applying the talisman was... interesting: She slaps it on her forehead, making her look almost like a Jiang-Shi. But it does its job nicely, the Misfortune being mitigated.

>The clearing of the Misfortune, even with seven people, takes a while. Mostly due to other members of the impromptu team being fussy about proper Talisman placement.

>While clearing the area, more members of Unity's Fairy troupe return to her. All of them smelling of Misfortune, and most of them with concerning news.
>"Unity, Madam. The trees and plant-life are dying, most of us are tripping over our own feet since the haze is so thick. And I heard one group had a run-in with a Shrine Maiden."
>Shrine Maiden?!
>Everyone in the clearing stops at that last part being uttered.
>_?

« Reply #514 on: June 09, 2022, 07:21:57 AM »
>"Are they ok?"

>Should Hina be able to see the mist from her shrine?

« Reply #515 on: June 10, 2022, 07:33:39 PM »
>"Are they ok?"

>Should Hina be able to see the mist from her shrine?

>The reporting fairy chuckles nervously. "Well, uh, they're trying to pin her in one area with danmaku and they're doing well on that front, she hasn't moved very far, but they're also suffering pretty heavy losses in return. They're getting hit with needles... or was it knives?"
>"Could you at least be clear in your report?" The Tengu says while taking notes.
>"I'm sorry, but this haze makes it really hard to see or communicate! I feel really lucky to even get out of there!"
>"Whatever it is, it's really painful and takes us out fast."

>You look at the general direction of the Youkai Mountain and then realise the Great Youkai Forest covers part of it. The thick foliage of the forest makes looking out from within it difficult. Hina most likely can't see this mist and would need someone to tell her what's occurring.
>_?

« Reply #516 on: June 11, 2022, 07:39:18 AM »
>Send the moth familiars above the miasma to look for danmaku

>"I just need a moment to test the seals."
->Place one of the seals on us and test to see if it repels the misfortune
-->Does the misfortune stay a distance away from us?
-->Is the miasma thick enough to eat?