~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!

So I've been out of the Touhou loop for like... 10 years? I guess?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gesh86:

--- Quote from: Suspicious person on May 17, 2021, 07:39:29 AM ---Touhou Shoujo Tale of Beautiful Memories, which in a nutshell is basically Supermario RPG. While the artstyle for this game can be generally, uh, spicy, it's not an erotic game nor something you wouldn't wanna get caught dead playing.

--- End quote ---

That's certainly a title that needs more attention than it gets. I might even start a Screenshot Let's Play of it in the near or not-so-near future. Most likely that aggressive thiccness of its cast is still keeping a lot of folks at bay, thinking it can't possibly be the genuinely great RPG that it is.

Something that hasn't yet been mentioned is Ephemeral Unnatural Balance (https://store.steampowered.com/app/834580/__Ephemeral_Unnatural_Balance/). It isn't too widely known among the many Touhou shmups that exist. Yet it's special not only in that it turned out exceptionally well (imo), but that it had a feedback thread on MotK V2 many years before it came out. You could say that at least to a very small part, our community had a hand in it.

Gobbles:
I really should pick up Puppet Dance Performance sometimes. Since DL-site is region-free nowadays it should be easy to get for me.
Gensokyo Night Festival looks real nice, but development seems to go pretty slow. So it may take a while. Also pretty excited about Touhou Blooming Chaos 2. Also still early access but it looks like it will have a full version soon.

As for game suggestions. There are some some nice ones already, but I still managed to dig up a good list.

Fantastic Danmaku Festival Part II
Gesh had a video about this recently. Despite me not actually being that much into danmaku games. This game is carried by eye candy and ear candy alone.
Available on Steam.

Double Focus
Metroidvenia. Not as good as Luna Nights, but enemy design is adorable.
Also on Steam.

MarisaLand Legacy
Mario clone. Pretty fun. Its also on Steam. Too bad New Super Marisa Land is not.

Trap tower:
Puzzle game by Desunoya, available here:
https://desunoya.booth.pm/items/1361406

Satori Komeiji's Mental Education
Puzzle game where Satori has to help Koishi get to the present. Also really adorable. Don't think there is a translation but there is a lot of description on touhou wiki, the game itself is virtually textless.
It can be downloaded from DLSite.

Remyadry
Dungeon crawling RPG. It is pretty amusing and has nice character design. Sadly it does get repetitive after a while.
Available on Steam.

A few more RPG's.
Touhou Mother and Return of Touhou Mother. Guess what game they are based on... Second game was a bit too dramatic but I still enjoyed it, and it certainly has its moments.
Touhou-A-Live is a combination of touhou and  Live A Live, a games for the Super Nintendo only realeased in Japan. I liked it quite a lot.
All three games can be downloaded for free (legally) here: https://vgperson.com/games/. On that same site you can find a guide for those games should you get stuck.

Oh yeah, there was also this Aya Ace attorney series which I think has now 2 and a half games translated. https://www.shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=244.0;topicseen

easy_breezy:
There's Touhou: Luna Nights. Good game

WitheringFlowerCrown:
A couple of recently made games that have had mostly positive reception:

東方潮聖書 ~ Sapphire Panlogism.
Touhou Sapphire Panlogism (Or SP) is a fan-made Touhou Shmup made by Team Urban Magic.
It has 6 Stages, an Extra Stage, 11 Last Words and a Carrefour Stage (Concept similar to the Phantasm stage of PCB)
The main gimmick is that some enemies radiate colour, when defeated they drop Raindrops of said colour. When you collect 10 Raindrops of one colour you activate a mode where each item collected grants bonus items when the mode ends, modes of different colours can mix and stack.
It features Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame as protagonists, as per norm. But also Shou Toramaru and Hecatia Lapislazuli as protagonists. Shou has been long awaited and Hecatia is an odd choice, but fits considering the story.
I've played it. The Shmup content is pretty good, competently made, the music is all original and sounds great in my opinion. Though watch out for Stage 5, that Stage and its Boss are a very big run-killer and a jump in difficulty
The game is currently available on Bulletforge, for free.

東方夢旧市 ~ Glory of Deep Skies.
Touhou Glory of Deep Skies (Or GoDS) is a fan-made Touhou Shmup made by Τeam αlternative Σnding
It has 6 Stages, an Extra Stage, and 11 Impact Spells (Similar to Overdrive Spells from TD).
The main gimmick is that all enemies have an element associated with them and you can choose an elemental burst during Character selection. These boosts can allow you to eitherr shoot more bullets, protect you from damage once, or make you faster while increasing item-value.
It features only Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame as Protagonists. But Reimu and Marisa each have 2 shots, one that's regular for their appearances and a strange, unusual shot.
I've played it. Never completed it because I'm only semi-decent at Shmups. The patterns are interesting, the music part original/part rearranges.
The game is currently available on Bulletforge, for free.

nintendonut888:
I have heard high praises for Blue Devil In The Belvedere, a recently released Chinese fangame. It is on Steam and even comes with an English option:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1365750/__Blue_devil_in_theBelvedere/

Aside from that, probably my favorite fangame series is Fantasy Maiden Wars, a four game Super Robot Wars x Touhou epic with great animations and writing. I've only played the first game so far, but I've heard the others are just as good, and have functional English patches. They can be bought on DLsite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version