Author Topic: Immortal Quest - Ageless Nemesis  (Read 157639 times)

Re: Immortal Quest - Ageless Nemesis
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2021, 09:25:45 AM »
>"Reisen, there was a miscommunication between us.  I wish to clear it up as soon as possible."

//I just haven't had anything to add

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »
//Guessing Phil lost interest?

>Ponder whether or not Tewi put a bad luck charm on us the moment we made our intentions to find Reisen and left to find her room.
>"It won't be much longer. Just... Reisen, if I actually lied to you would I really be going through such lengths to tell you I didn't? ...I was serious when I said I wanted to go sightseeing with you, I honestly don't know what freak occurrence happened today, but I am sorry that we never got around to it. If you're willing to give me another chance,  I really would like to try again, if not today, then hopefully tomorrow. And if this somehow ends up happening again, then you have my permission to do anything you want to me... No matter how humiliating or harmful."
>"Reisen, there was a miscommunication between us.  I wish to clear it up as soon as possible."

//I just haven't had anything to add
> You doubt it... The longer you take, the longer she'll be stuck with you, unless she wants to go against Eirin's orders. Though she could have fabricated that just to get in your business, but you think that's unlikely.
> "We can go sightseeing if you remember after you finish your business. That way, there are no distractions, and no reason not to follow along unless one of us tells the other to wait." Reisen offers. "But right now, I already have plans that can't wait. I can't just get ready for this then not show up."
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2021, 10:39:57 PM »
>"To be honest, the reason I didn't follow after you told me to get ready was because I thought you were heading off to get ready yourself and come back so we could set off together, not because I was distracted... I really didn't mean to wait so long either, I don't know if it's because I've been around so long that hours seem like minutes, or because I somehow accidentally used my power on myself, but again I'm sorry for what happened. Anyway, that sounds like a good plan... thank you for giving me another chance."
>Offer a hand.
>"So shall we shake on it, then? We could also make it a pinky swear if you're still worried that I might be tricking you."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2021, 11:28:12 AM »
>"To be honest, the reason I didn't follow after you told me to get ready was because I thought you were heading off to get ready yourself and come back so we could set off together, not because I was distracted... I really didn't mean to wait so long either, I don't know if it's because I've been around so long that hours seem like minutes, or because I somehow accidentally used my power on myself, but again I'm sorry for what happened. Anyway, that sounds like a good plan... thank you for giving me another chance."
>Offer a hand.
>"So shall we shake on it, then? We could also make it a pinky swear if you're still worried that I might be tricking you."
> "Hm... I'm still not sure that you're genuinely sorry, and that you probably didn't care about it as much as I did. But I'll take your word for it..." Reisen shakes, almost regrettably.
>_

« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2021, 07:04:23 PM »
>"That's all I ask."

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2021, 01:16:37 AM »
>"That's all I ask."
> "Tell me when you're done then. And I guess I'll slow down and make sure you're following next time. Or leading."
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2021, 02:06:04 AM »
>"Alright. Thank you, Reisen. I'm glad we could come to an understanding."
>Smile.
>"So, one last question before I let you go. When you said Eirin wanted to see me earlier, was that true? I mean, you were pretty upset at me and I was admittedly being a bit pushy and harsh back there, so it's understandable if you were just trying to get me to go away..."

« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2021, 02:11:36 AM »
>"Do you know what Erien wants to discuss?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2021, 12:01:53 PM »
>"Alright. Thank you, Reisen. I'm glad we could come to an understanding."
>Smile.
>"So, one last question before I let you go. When you said Eirin wanted to see me earlier, was that true? I mean, you were pretty upset at me and I was admittedly being a bit pushy and harsh back there, so it's understandable if you were just trying to get me to go away..."
>"Do you know what Erien wants to discuss?"
> "If I wanted to deter you more, I could've made you hallucinate Eirin's voice herself calling you. She might want to talk to you about the medicine you've been taking, or it could even be about already being done with this experiment. But if it's the latter... again, I can't wait on what I'm already involved in. Either way, I don't know what exactly she wants."
>_

« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2021, 09:51:34 PM »
>"Thank you.  Mmm."
>Stop using our power

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2021, 10:34:19 PM »
>"Stay safe out there."

>Stop using our power
>Not yet, we're not back with Tewi.
>Step back from Reisen.
>Retract the bubble back to a couple feet around us so it no longer encompasses her.
>Make our way back to Tewi.
>Position ourselves within her line of sight, but don't let the bubble cover her.
>THEN stop using our power.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2021, 05:08:38 AM »
>"Thank you.  Mmm."
>Stop using our power
>"Stay safe out there."
>Not yet, we're not back with Tewi.
>Step back from Reisen.
>Retract the bubble back to a couple feet around us so it no longer encompasses her.
>Make our way back to Tewi.
>Position ourselves within her line of sight, but don't let the bubble cover her.
>THEN stop using our power.

> You step away from Reisen, and bring the field back towards just yourself.
> Then return to Tewi and stop your ability.
> ...
> And stop your ability.
> "-ait and at least include me in what you're going to do." Tewi continues. "I'm supposed to be keeping track of anything happening with your abilities."
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2021, 06:47:35 AM »
>Do the following with approval:
>>Wince.
>>"Ah, sorry... It was an impulsive reaction and I just wanted some time to speak with Reisen alone, and um... please don't take offense at this, but you are closer to her than I am, and since I was being a bit insistent back there, I was kind of worried you were going to think I was going to upset Reisen even more and put a bad luck charm on me to protect her or something..."

//Basically that was my main reason for excluding Tewi, not sure if this wording is good or not though.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:48:35 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2021, 06:59:39 PM »
>Naz

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2021, 07:54:59 PM »
>Do the following with approval:
>>Wince.
>>"Ah, sorry... It was an impulsive reaction and I just wanted some time to speak with Reisen alone, and um... please don't take offense at this, but you are closer to her than I am, and since I was being a bit insistent back there, I was kind of worried you were going to think I was going to upset Reisen even more and put a bad luck charm on me to protect her or something..."

//Basically that was my main reason for excluding Tewi, not sure if this wording is good or not though.
>Naz
> "What kind of thinking is that?" Tewi questions. "Why would I do that sort of thing? The worse off you are right now, the worse off I'll be by having to stick with you for this. Mostly."
>_

« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2021, 08:38:30 PM »
>"To protect Reisen, and to prevent myself from making the situation worse."

>"But as I said it was an impulse and not well thought out."

>"But let's put this behind us and go see Erien."

>Spin around and walk towards Erien

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2021, 10:54:45 PM »

>Execute my post before these two lines
>On second thought, hold these for now.
//Was going to have my post inserted before these, but was concerned that saying that directly after what I said would come off as rude to tewi.

>"Anyway, Reisen and I have reached an understanding, and she's willing to give my sightseeing idea another chance as soon as both of us are free. As for what I did with my powers, I basically used them to extend an instant for eternity, essentially freezing time for everyone but myself. I then extended a bubble around myself in order to include her. I would demonstrate it to you, but I found some difficulty with the control, so I would at least like to speak to Eirin first just in case it's a side effect of the medication..."
>"Anyway, I'm sorry for excluding you there..."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 11:30:08 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2021, 11:20:43 AM »
>"To protect Reisen, and to prevent myself from making the situation worse."

>"But as I said it was an impulse and not well thought out."

>Execute my post before these two lines
>On second thought, hold these for now.
//Was going to have my post inserted before these, but was concerned that saying that directly after what I said would come off as rude to tewi.

>"Anyway, Reisen and I have reached an understanding, and she's willing to give my sightseeing idea another chance as soon as both of us are free. As for what I did with my powers, I basically used them to extend an instant for eternity, essentially freezing time for everyone but myself. I then extended a bubble around myself in order to include her. I would demonstrate it to you, but I found some difficulty with the control, so I would at least like to speak to Eirin first just in case it's a side effect of the medication..."
>"Anyway, I'm sorry for excluding you there..."
> "That would've been nice to witness for this. Well, it's not like Eirin will chastise me for not keeping track when I couldn't. If anyone, it'd be you. Good luck explaining it to her when we get there, then. Or replicating it for her."
> You wonder if she's genuine with the "good luck"...
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2021, 11:32:30 AM »
>On a scale of 1 to Mokou how upset does she seem to be?
>"Look, if you would really like to witness and record it, I could do so right now if you insist. I'm just concerned that we might end up trapped there if something goes wrong."

//And now I don't think going to Eirin right now is a good idea unless we're sure Tewi isn't going to screw us over with luck hax.

« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
> I'm just concerned that we might end up trapped there if something goes wrong

>Don't say this
//That implies we risked Reisen over a miscommunication

>"I apologize.  I won't leave you out again."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2021, 08:35:22 PM »
>Don't say this

>Do execute the scale action and the sentence of the dialogue that wasn't quoted.
//Assuming you only meant to omit the warning, which imo is a bad idea but okay.
//Just wanted to make sure QM doesn't misinterpret and omit my post entirely.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2021, 12:20:24 AM »
>"Look, if you would really like to witness and record it, I could do so right now if you insist. I'm just concerned that we might end up trapped there if something goes wrong."

//And now I don't think going to Eirin right now is a good idea unless we're sure Tewi isn't going to screw us over with luck hax.
>Don't say this

> "Here I  was thinking I was someone you could trust. Hmph."
> You think she's being sarcastic now, if before wasn't too...
> "Well, it already happened anyways. At least you're more willing to share next time. So, what now?"
>_

« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2021, 05:02:36 AM »
>"We should see Erien."

>Head to Erien

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2021, 05:28:39 AM »
//It's spelled "Eirin".

>"I would like to talk to Eirin, since she wants to see me and because I would like to discuss whether or not the difficulties I noticed are a possible side effect of the medication."

//EDIT:
>"And it's not that I don't trust you. It's just that again, you're closer to Reisen than you are with me. Attempting to protect one's friend when they think somebody is going to make things worse is something that can reasonably expected from anyone."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 09:00:21 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2021, 10:00:16 AM »
>"We should see Erien."

>Head to Erien
//It's spelled "Eirin".

>"I would like to talk to Eirin, since she wants to see me and because I would like to discuss whether or not the difficulties I noticed are a possible side effect of the medication."

//EDIT:
>"And it's not that I don't trust you. It's just that again, you're closer to Reisen than you are with me. Attempting to protect one's friend when they think somebody is going to make things worse is something that can reasonably expected from anyone."
> "Let's just see what Eirin wants." Tewi speaks.
> You start for Eirin, finding her waiting in her room, likely for you.
> "Ah, I thought I was going to have to check up on you myself. Are you well, princess?" Eirin questions.
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2021, 10:21:35 AM »
>"Hello, Eirin. And for the most part, yes. Though there was a bit of an incident with my perception of time earlier... Anyway, I heard you wanted to see me?"

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »
>"Hello, Eirin. And for the most part, yes. Though there was a bit of an incident with my perception of time earlier... Anyway, I heard you wanted to see me?"
> Your subordinate nods.
> "Could you just recap your day? Tell me all that happened, and what you felt?"
> Tewi sighs. "Well-"
> "Ah, not you Tewi. Don't worry, you don't need to start tracking things for her just yet." Eirin waves. "You can't exactly tell me how she felt. So about that, your feelings too. What was on your mind? And anything special happening?" Eirin questions further.
> Geez... this is going to be a whole test...
>_

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2021, 10:51:25 AM »

>"Well things started out normally enough. Reisen was there, we were making plans, I wanted to take her sightseeing and experiment with my powers along the way. During our conversation, I made a joke about packing an umbrella, so I used my powers to extend an instant of time for everyone except myself to find one for a prop, but there were none readily available so I came back empty handed and let things continue. Nothing weird happened there."

>"After that, she agreed to go with me, told me to get ready, and rushed out. I got ready, and since I thought she would be back in a few moments I tried to make a little chair with my powers by making a patch of air take forever to fall through. Nothing really felt weird there either, but when Reisen didn't show up for a while I got up to see what was going on and was greeted by the sight of Tewi at my door and learned that apparently I was in there for hours. Now, I'm not sure if I accidentally used my powers on myself -- because it really shouldn't have affected me -- or if I've been around so long that hours seem like minutes, but I was a bit annoyed and confused by the situation."

>"Anyway, after that I had a bit of an argument with Reisen. It's a little silly now after the fact, but both of us thought we ditched each other, and me, still being a bit frustrated about apparently having wasted an entire day in there came of a bit harsher than I wanted. I used the same instant extension trick to give myself a moment alone with Reisen by creating a bubble of unextended time around myself so we could talk things out, and while we did come to an understanding I did notice a few things during that time that concerned me a bit."

>"When I used the instant trick a second time, I noticed I seemed to be having some minor control issues. The bubble of unextended time didn't stop at the range I intended when I manipulated it. While it could be just that it's something I haven't done enough, I also noticed -- after letting Reisen go on her way -- that when I was trying to end the extended instant it actually took a couple of attempts despite it working perfectly fine in the morning. Anyway, I came here because I wanted to discuss my concerns regarding that, and also because Reisen said you wanted to see me, which brings us here."

« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2021, 02:21:23 AM »
>Naz

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2021, 03:10:36 AM »
>"Well things started out normally enough. Reisen was there, we were making plans, I wanted to take her sightseeing and experiment with my powers along the way. During our conversation, I made a joke about packing an umbrella, so I used my powers to extend an instant of time for everyone except myself to find one for a prop, but there were none readily available so I came back empty handed and let things continue. Nothing weird happened there."

>"After that, she agreed to go with me, told me to get ready, and rushed out. I got ready, and since I thought she would be back in a few moments I tried to make a little chair with my powers by making a patch of air take forever to fall through. Nothing really felt weird there either, but when Reisen didn't show up for a while I got up to see what was going on and was greeted by the sight of Tewi at my door and learned that apparently I was in there for hours. Now, I'm not sure if I accidentally used my powers on myself -- because it really shouldn't have affected me -- or if I've been around so long that hours seem like minutes, but I was a bit annoyed and confused by the situation."

>"Anyway, after that I had a bit of an argument with Reisen. It's a little silly now after the fact, but both of us thought we ditched each other, and me, still being a bit frustrated about apparently having wasted an entire day in there came of a bit harsher than I wanted. I used the same instant extension trick to give myself a moment alone with Reisen by creating a bubble of unextended time around myself so we could talk things out, and while we did come to an understanding I did notice a few things during that time that concerned me a bit."

>"When I used the instant trick a second time, I noticed I seemed to be having some minor control issues. The bubble of unextended time didn't stop at the range I intended when I manipulated it. While it could be just that it's something I haven't done enough, I also noticed -- after letting Reisen go on her way -- that when I was trying to end the extended instant it actually took a couple of attempts despite it working perfectly fine in the morning. Anyway, I came here because I wanted to discuss my concerns regarding that, and also because Reisen said you wanted to see me, which brings us here."
>Naz
> "Huh. Were you bored when you were waiting, or anything?" Eirin questions.
>_