Author Topic: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 64117 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #510 on: October 07, 2021, 02:53:59 AM »
>"Sounds like we both have some skin in the game. Hopefully that means I'm not going to end up indebted to you after all this."

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #511 on: October 07, 2021, 03:03:18 AM »
>"Sounds like we both have some skin in the game. Hopefully that means I'm not going to end up indebted to you after all this."

>"No no, not at all," says Shou.
>"I'm just finishing something up," Sakuya says. "Don't worry about it.
>"Absolutely," says Tojiko.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #512 on: October 07, 2021, 03:43:48 AM »
>"And what about you Yukari? No offense but you're the one I'd be most worried about showing up asking for a favour."

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #513 on: October 07, 2021, 03:52:49 AM »
>"And what about you Yukari? No offense but you're the one I'd be most worried about showing up asking for a favour."

>"Why, I would welcome you to worry," Yukari says, her voice sweet as honey. "Isn't it much too soon to be thinking about debts?"

>_
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:51:02 AM by It's Purvis! »

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #514 on: October 07, 2021, 04:45:44 AM »
>"... I shouldn't have asked."
>Return our attention to our assembled crew.
>"She's right about one thing though, right now the most important thing is getting this mess sorted out. Shall we do this?"
>Look to each of our crew in turn.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2021, 04:52:10 AM »
>"... I shouldn't have asked."
>Return our attention to our assembled crew.
>"She's right about one thing though, right now the most important thing is getting this mess sorted out. Shall we do this?"
>Look to each of our crew in turn.

>"I don't see why not," Shou says. Tojiko nods in agreement.
>"We won't be able to count on Yukari to rescue us," says Sakuya, "So let's try to be careful."

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #516 on: October 08, 2021, 01:09:53 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan. It'd be wrong of me to do anything but go in first, so I'll start us off."
>Enter the centre of the circle of trees and see what happens.

Branneg Xy

  • +++++TRINITESANCTISSIME
  • ++++HOLY FAMILY earthly~mirror:JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #517 on: October 08, 2021, 11:55:59 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan. It'd be wrong of me to do anything but go in first, so I'll start us off."
>Enter the centre of the circle of trees and see what happens.

> Wait...

> Ask yukari if going in separately or together could affect our arrival,if it is indifferent or if it is better to  group together since the this first step-in to minimize any chance of incidents.
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,CHRISTMAS NATIVITY+HOLY MASZ,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSUSTATIONING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #518 on: October 08, 2021, 05:57:27 PM »
>"Sounds like a plan. It'd be wrong of me to do anything but go in first, so I'll start us off."
>Enter the centre of the circle of trees and see what happens.

>You walk into the ring of trees. Nothing happens at first, you simply take a step. Then, as you continue to move, nothing continues to happen.
>The water pressure is different now. Beneath you is a floor of marble with black and white tiles. They form intricate patterns together, weird shapes of black that make you feel as though the white is meant to be the background rather than a part of it. Rich red curtains sway in the current, making walls and a kind of implied room that you stand in, some yards across to the side. There is an old desk here, to the right, waterlogged and barely intact, yet curiously free of any signs of barnacles or the like you would expect. There is a statue of a a fish in the corner, carved as though it were leaping out of the base, toppled and laying on its side. There is a kind of sound in the water, something you can't quite hear. It's not a single constant sound, but a series of them, you think. You aren't sure, you can't quite hear it. Above there is only darkness.

>_

Branneg Xy

  • +++++TRINITESANCTISSIME
  • ++++HOLY FAMILY earthly~mirror:JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #519 on: October 08, 2021, 09:55:07 PM »
> Wait...

> Ask yukari if going in separately or together could affect our arrival,if it is indifferent or if it is better to  group together since the this first step-in to minimize any chance of incidents.

>You walk into the ring of trees. Nothing happens at first, you simply take a step. Then, as you continue to move, nothing continues to happen.
>The water pressure is different now. Beneath you is a floor of marble with black and white tiles. They form intricate patterns together, weird shapes of black that make you feel as though the white is meant to be the background rather than a part of it. Rich red curtains sway in the current, making walls and a kind of implied room that you stand in, some yards across to the side. There is an old desk here, to the right, waterlogged and barely intact, yet curiously free of any signs of barnacles or the like you would expect. There is a statue of a a fish in the corner, carved as though it were leaping out of the base, toppled and laying on its side. There is a kind of sound in the water, something you can't quite hear. It's not a single constant sound, but a series of them, you think. You aren't sure, you can't quite hear it. Above there is only darkness.

>_

> What is the most constant and discernible about the "series of sounds" . can we make it out and is it like a pointer going off in a specific direction ?

> Is there no sign of the others coming ?
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,CHRISTMAS NATIVITY+HOLY MASZ,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSUSTATIONING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #520 on: October 09, 2021, 04:26:10 AM »
>Make our way over to the curtains and see if we can look out some windows.
>Is this any place in Gensokyo that we recognise or know of?

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #521 on: October 09, 2021, 04:34:37 AM »
> What is the most constant and discernible about the "series of sounds" . can we make it out and is it like a pointer going off in a specific direction ?

> Is there no sign of the others coming ?

>You can't tell...you can't really put a direction to it.
>You do not see anyone else.

>Make our way over to the curtains and see if we can look out some windows.
>Is this any place in Gensokyo that we recognise or know of?

>You make your way toward the nearest curtains and peek through. Past them, you see another "room" delineated by curtains.
>You have never seen a place like this, even without the flooding. The architecture doesn't look like anything you would expect in Japan; as it were. You've certainly never seen floors of marble tile.

>_

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #522 on: October 10, 2021, 02:13:23 AM »
>Wait a few minutes to see if anybody else appears.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #523 on: October 10, 2021, 02:14:53 AM »
>Wait a few minutes to see if anybody else appears.

>You linger, and nothing seems to happen.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #524 on: October 10, 2021, 02:18:23 AM »
>Investigate the statue.
>Investigate the desk, opening up any drawers or cupboards.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #525 on: October 10, 2021, 02:30:29 AM »
>Investigate the statue.
>Investigate the desk, opening up any drawers or cupboards.

>The statue seems to be made of some kind of stone, maybe granite? It is solid and sturdy at any rate, though terrible worn by the current. It depicts a stylized carp leaping into the air. Honestly, it is kind of gaudy.
>The desk is not long for this world. Made of wood, it is bloated from the water and worn down terribly, parts of it look almost soft to touch, in a rather unpleasant way. You try to open a drawer under the table, and the knob comes off.|

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #526 on: October 10, 2021, 02:46:52 AM »
>How is our sense of direction? Would our navigational skills help prevent us getting lost in a sea of very similar 'rooms'?
>Swim up and see if we can find a roof.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #527 on: October 10, 2021, 03:36:14 AM »
>How is our sense of direction? Would our navigational skills help prevent us getting lost in a sea of very similar 'rooms'?
>Swim up and see if we can find a roof.

>You have no idea what directions are like here, or how lost you'd become.
>You swim up into the darkness, and after a moment feel you just aren't moving anymore. Looking down, you're about level with the curtains.

>_

Branneg Xy

  • +++++TRINITESANCTISSIME
  • ++++HOLY FAMILY earthly~mirror:JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • (LINKEDIN:my full name). (YOUTUBE) DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ")
  • Gender: Male
Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #528 on: October 10, 2021, 01:55:52 PM »
>The statue seems to be made of some kind of stone, maybe granite? It is solid and sturdy at any rate, though terrible worn by the current. It depicts a stylized carp leaping into the air. Honestly, it is kind of gaudy.
>The desk is not long for this world. Made of wood, it is bloated from the water and worn down terribly, parts of it look almost soft to touch, in a rather unpleasant way. You try to open a drawer under the table, and the knob comes off.|

>_

// The nearest set of room-diving curtains has revealed an apparently identical room , so maybe there is a investigative hint(s)  to be spotting/finding tied to at least 1 difference in at least 1 of the others,or alternatively it could  be tied to at least 1  standing-out identical aspect //

> Return to the "badly waterlogged wood desk" , crouch down enough to look at the bottom of the drawers,and attempt to cautiously  reach inside and search the drawers with an hand through the " almost turned soft parts "...

> ... as much  caution as quickly pull back if  we see or touch or perceive something potentially untowards.
1.+This Avatar is a (Very Higly Recommended)Miraculous Photo ,CHRISTMAS NATIVITY+HOLY MASZ,  by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic):The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-TRANSUSTATIONING , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS in THE HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references : " DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI ( Darcanix ); https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #529 on: October 11, 2021, 11:41:50 PM »
>Go over and try to lift the statue, could we move it?
>If so move it to the centre of one abitrarily chosen edge of the room.
>Do the rooms seem to be roughly square in shape?

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #530 on: October 12, 2021, 02:36:27 AM »
> Return to the "badly waterlogged wood desk" , crouch down enough to look at the bottom of the drawers,and attempt to cautiously  reach inside and search the drawers with an hand through the " almost turned soft parts "...
> ... as much  caution as quickly pull back if  we see or touch or perceive something potentially untowards.

>You look under the desk and see a few of the draws do lack bottoms, but a couple still have one intact.
>Reaching through the hole you made with a finger, you feel...unpleasantly slimy things. Pulling back your finger, it has some whitish stuff on it you want to wipe off right away. It doesn't hurt or have any kind of special feel other than slimy, it's just gross!

>Go over and try to lift the statue, could we move it?
>If so move it to the centre of one abitrarily chosen edge of the room.
>Do the rooms seem to be roughly square in shape?

>You try to lift the statue. With some effort, you manage to set it upright. You may be able to move it, if you walk it.
>You arbitrarily waggle it close to the center of the edge it is closest to, because you don't want to move it any further than that without a plan.
>From what you've seen, no.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #531 on: October 12, 2021, 02:52:59 AM »
>Are they similar shapes and sizes to each other?

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #532 on: October 12, 2021, 02:55:58 AM »
>Are they similar shapes and sizes to each other?

>You haven't looked enough to tell. But it didn't seem like it?

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #533 on: October 12, 2021, 03:47:15 AM »
>Let's see if we can't get somewhere at least.
>Arbitrarily designate the edge of the room with the statue to be 'north' side.
>Begin making our way north, drawing open curtains as we go so that we have an uninterrupted view of the statue behind us.
>Stop if we reach a room with anything ineresting in it.

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #534 on: October 12, 2021, 04:25:05 AM »
>Let's see if we can't get somewhere at least.
>Arbitrarily designate the edge of the room with the statue to be 'north' side.
>Begin making our way north, drawing open curtains as we go so that we have an uninterrupted view of the statue behind us.
>Stop if we reach a room with anything ineresting in it.

>You open the curtain where you'ves designated north, and find that is a kind of corridor formed by more curtains. It is perhaps three or four yards across. It continues on for some distance, then makes a turn toward the left. The curtains in this corridor also wave gently in the current, the floor is the same set of black and white marble tiles; the former making stranger and irregular patterns on the floor. As the corner of the corridor is a large brass planter, heavily corroded, with a collection of seaweed in it.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #535 on: October 12, 2021, 04:42:41 AM »
>Rather than turning with the corridor, open or pull down the curtain at the corner to make one straight path to the north. With the idea that if it's just a straight path from where we started if another of our crew turns up there they should be able to find us, or at least we'll have an easy time finding our way back there.
>Keep going indiscriminately north, making a path as we go.

Kilgamayan

  • False Administrator
  • *
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #536 on: October 12, 2021, 02:53:16 PM »
> Relabel north as south, in accordance with our fundamental distaste for north.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #537 on: October 13, 2021, 05:05:57 AM »
> Relabel north as south, in accordance with our fundamental distaste for north.

>You've been thinking of it as North in the sense of up on a map. Thinking on it, you don't feel like you're moving northward at all. This place is so strange that you really weren't even thinking about that...

>Rather than turning with the corridor, open or pull down the curtain at the corner to make one straight path to the north. With the idea that if it's just a straight path from where we started if another of our crew turns up there they should be able to find us, or at least we'll have an easy time finding our way back there.
>Keep going indiscriminately north, making a path as we go.


>You try to open the curtain, and find that it doesn't really slide over. You can just lift it and move under, though. Past it seems to be...an L-shaped "room", this one completely empty.

>_

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #538 on: October 14, 2021, 01:20:44 AM »
>Are the curtains in enough of a state from the water that we could reasonably tear them?

Re: Murasa Quest Continues 2 - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #539 on: October 14, 2021, 01:24:53 AM »
>Are the curtains in enough of a state from the water that we could reasonably tear them?

>You've not tested them, but they seem to be in pretty good condition, unlike many things here.

>_