Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: We almost got Brave Bernadetta  (Read 30101 times)

commandercool

• altered ego
Fire Emblem Heroes: We almost got Brave Bernadetta
« on: February 19, 2020, 03:07:10 PM »
Porting over the Fire Emblem Heroes thread from the old forum. Fire Emblem is a mobile version of Fire Emblem featuring tiny maps, cute little tiny versions of all of your favorite characters (provided all of your favorite characters are not from Fire Emblem Three Houses) and all of the salt and posturing you'd expect from Fire Emblem fans on the internet.
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

commandercool

• altered ego
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: We almost got Brave Bernadetta
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 03:10:10 PM »
So can we pretty much universally agree that Hall of Forms is the best event type and Lost Lore is the worst one at this point? I like Grand Conquest a lot but it's pretty exhausting so I certainly don't want to see them often, but I'm always thrilled to see Hall of Forms on the horizon. I just wish the final battle was a little more intense, maybe a lite version of a legendary hero battle or something just to give me a little bit more to build towards.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:33:03 AM »
Oh absolutely, HoF is the best game mode by far. A final boss-like level could be interesting, but I'd like it to be infinite tries if it's to be particularly difficult. That way I could see if something doesn't work and go back to rolling for skills. I happened to finish the last HoF with the very last torch available to me, so some kind of balance would be necessary to go that route.

Rolling for Ninians and a Lull Atk/Spd (for F!F!Corrin?) have cost me all my orbs so I'm back to near-zero again. Somehow got pity broken by a Nagi in those pulls, adding to my dragon collection. Probably not going to use her, but still nice.

7TC7

• Your level of hope can't fulfill me
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 08:00:48 PM »
I'd say, Lost Lore is pretty inoffensive? It doesn't hurt anyone and gives you some free if mostly useless stuff. I dislike the music game thing a lot more, because it actually requires me to do something for subpar rewards, as opposed to Lost Lore which does everything itself.

But I also agree that HoF is the best event type. The only thing that bothers me about that statement is that the best event is somehow one where you can't use you own units? I think it's a glaring flaw of the game, that after these years, they still didn't find a way to use my own level 40+10 characters in a fun way, that's not getting stomped by them or completely stomps them. Arena exists I guess, but it's not really interesting in any way.

I enjoy the little "Do one battle for flowers for every character you unlock"-Mode (sorry, I play in German, and don't want to look up English names for modes), because it actually gives me interesting challenges to work out sometimes, especially if the character I have to get two kills for is one I don't want to 5*.

^ Picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 03:01:14 AM »
I like Illusory Dungeon just fine personally, it's cute and fun and doesn't take that long.

As for ways to use your juiced super-units, I'd say we have quite a few legitimate uses aside from PVP at this point. Personally I love Infernal battles, they're crazy puzzles that I have a ton of fun solving and they're the reason I love this game, but I get that they're not for everyone. Rokkr Siege special challenges are extremely difficult, at least for me, and not only require strong units but also unique and weird sets and specific counter units. And arguably best of all is Grand Conquest, especially lately with the crazy newer units involved, where you need large strong teams of specific unit types.

7TC7

• YouTube
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 01:51:18 PM »
I recently started doing Infernal's, and they seem to also be either too easy or too hard for my personal taste. Maybe I should actually try to do those that seem too hard more passionately, but without a worthwhile reward, they always seemed tagged on. Rokkr is fun, I give you that and Grand Conquest has always been just "pick the 3rd difficulty option, press auto-battle, wait, repeat, get all the rewards." I know it's my own fault, that I use auto-battle for some of the more battle heavy stages, but why wouldn't I, if it works out just fine?

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 02:45:55 PM »
It's fun to be the first-ranked person on your team in Grand Conquest. And given your limited number of battles maximizing your impact and your team's chance to win means you should try to get the maximum score out of every battle on the highest difficulty.

Granted the reward for your team wining versus not winning is just some feathers, so a lot of it comes down to whether carrying your team is fun for you or not. I find that Grand Conquest battles are just the right length where they're quick and fun to try to maximize and just dangerous enough that you can definitely lose if you make a mistake, but it's down to preference.

As far as Infernal difficulty goes, I recommend at least trying to stick with one of the hard ones and see if you can puzzle it out. I've sat down to work on a tricky Infernal hero battle, spent four hours on nonstop super quick runs, and the feeling of finally figuring out all the tricks to beating it is the best feeling ever. It's not for everyone, but I don't think enough people give it enough of a chance.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 04:08:39 PM »
Does anyone else find that the legendary hero banners are always incredibly bad? I figured I'd do pulls on red on the Chrom one until I got something. It took me 260 orbs to pull a 5*. I took all the orbs on that session and only got one 5*. At like 13.5%. And it wasn't red. I got Chrom which is fine I guess, but not for 260 orbs...

7TC7

• YouTube
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 03:23:23 PM »
Legendary hero banners to me have been incredibly polarizing. Either I get a million 5* or none at all. I generally only go for legendary banners at all now if there is either someone on there I really really want or the whole thing is stacked with good units in all colors so I can take full advantage of the 8% starting rate. Skipping the Chrom one, as the literally only thing on there I'd like would be Julia merges, which I'm not gonna waste orbs on right now.

Who are you guys going for in the current voting gauntlet? I have everyone except Leif and W!Sothis and only really want merges for Altina and Alphonse, so I went with Altina on the first round. I will probably be quite neutral towards any outcome that isn't Edelgard, because most everyone has at least good things to give to other characters.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »
I'm backing regular Sothis. She has premium fodder and I use the one I have aaaall the time so I'd love to get merges for her (which is why I was pulling on the cursed Chrom banner).

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 04:07:28 AM »
I'm hoping for a winter sothis myself, though og sothis is a good runner up. Anyone but Alm or Altina and I'd be not extremely unsatisfied, at least. Legendary banners are hit or miss for me, I managed to nab a merge of FFCorrin, but not without running into a LAlm first. I have three of him now and like 7 Null follow ups in total that I have no use for.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 03:55:29 PM »
The only one I would be "disappointed" to get would be Azura since I feel like everybody in the game owns one at this point, but merges on her would definitely be useful, just unexciting.

7TC7

• YouTube
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »
Definitely happy with the results of round 1. Can't get disappointed anymore.

Not sure why you would want merges on L!Azura, as she doesn't really need her stats for what she does.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 03:59:31 PM »
I don't really, but I use her enough that it definitely comes up. I use her for abyssal legendary hero battles and those are such a mess that it's inevitable that she's going to get attacked a couple of times. Obviously I try to make sure that she only ends up in favorable matchups but the enemies are so strong that sometimes she can't even handle those, so a little boost could make a difference.

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2020, 05:32:30 AM »
Aww, that's too bad, was really hoping for Sothis. That's another useless anniversary past.

With every new 3H banner I feel the need to clear the actual game rising. At least I can't get spoilt on Flame Emperor's identity.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 01:32:11 PM »
Aw man, Altina was my second least favorite option. But she's still going to be useful, mine has the worst possible nature. But I wanted Sothis. Oh well.

Have you not played Three Houses yet? Or have you but you just haven't finished everything? I haven't even come close to 100%ing it yet, I intend to for sure, there's a lot of great stuff in it, but I gotta admit it's far from my favorite Fire Emblem. Not really a big fan of a lot of the system changes or the consistently weak map design, even if the cast and plot are pretty excellent. It reminds me a bit too much of Echoes which is a Bad Video Game as far as I'm concerned. Three Houses is not that, but it borrows too many bad ideas from it imo.

7TC7

• YouTube
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 02:16:57 PM »
Sorry for your losses, but I am so glad I got my dupe Altina merge over a dupe Sothis - not that I would have minded the fodder all that much. She's just been my most used unit ever since I got her and she filled out my flier/main team perfectly - Sothis originally disappointed me because she wasn't a flier despite obviously flying.
Also, that battle was really close for a really long time! Kinda makes me wish, there was more incentive to winning the normal voting gauntlets, like giving us a combat manual of the winner, now that they apparently like handing those out.

In regards to Three Houses, I love every second of playing it but still haven't even finished my first route - I am barely in the post timeskip of Golden Deers. I had to stop playing for finals in Uni and kinda didn't get back into it after that destroyed my momentum. orz

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 04:20:38 PM »
Finished Edelgard's route, mid way into Blue Lions route. The first half of the game doesn't do the replaying any favours, since it's like the same thing over again. Really drags out the whole experience.

Divine codes are... neat. Though I have no one I really want to get. Picked up the Grima just cause, even though I need another goad, not anymore ward, dragons. Handing out outdated seasonals is nice, remains to be seen how easy it is to get 300 limited codes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:26:28 PM by Mea »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 08:29:40 PM »
Do we know how getting ephemeral divine codes is going to work yet? Are they currently available and I just missed it? I gotta get those Easter Camilla merges. She's low-key super useful in aether raids with Gronnraven but she's obnoxiously hard to merge because she shares a banner with another green 5* and never appears anywhere else. Mine has been stuck at +1 for literally years now. :D

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 01:41:00 AM »
Datamines showed that we're getting 170ish through Forging Bonds? And they last about 50 days, so I don't know where the rest are going to come from. People are speculating they might come from high tier rewards from Grand Conquest or something. I'm hoping they won't be pay walled or anything.

7TC7

• YouTube
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 04:14:33 PM »
I'm planning on getting the Lethe and Deirdre merge through divine codes, but no plans otherwise what to do with it. Haven't really taken at the skills at the end of the lines. Considering how easily they hand out them ephemeral ones in Forging Bonds, I doubt they are going to be high tier rewards. Probably gonna be added to anything with rewards like Tempest Trials.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2020, 04:28:57 AM »
I wonder if there's any chance the rerun of the original spring banner will introduce weapon refines for seasonal units. All of them are unbelievably bad by modern standards.

Spring Camilla probably holds up the best of all of them, which is a testament to how whack fliers are given that she's still pretty usable just by virtue of what she is rather than what she does. She's very crucial to my Camilla Emblem Aether Raids offense teams as a Gronnraven tank, so a Gronnraven refine of her terrible terrible personal weapon would be cool, just so she can use its neat model without having to deal with how useless it is if nothing else.

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2020, 05:10:28 PM »
Supreme carrying by this girl.

I'm getting the same refine vibes from these resplendent alts, they can't come out quickly enough. They look really nice.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:31 AM »
Ugh, I decided to try to pull some extra Spring Camillas to merge and the results were maybe the worst I've ever seen from a banner. She's annoyingly hard to pull anyway, but in ~350 orbs I only got two five-stars, a Spring Xander and a duplicate Julia. And I was not trying to pull that Xander, I just got a session with five blue orbs. I don't think I saw more than two green orbs inany of the sessions and a vast majority of them were zero or one. Probably gonna be done for this banner and hope she shows up in a legendary hero banner soon...

Edit: On the plus side, Bramimond's hero battle was really fun and the upcoming Fates banner has almost all of my most-wanted characters on it. Aside from Forrest that's all of the best missing Fates characters I can recall off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 07:19:42 AM by commandercool »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2020, 07:29:59 PM »

Reeeveeenge!

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 07:17:17 AM »
o strawberries myrrh refine

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2020, 07:53:19 AM »
FCorrin refine!!!

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 12:12:51 AM »
Oh daaang, is it good?

As much as I used to use FCorrin for everything at one time, she's just outclassed now. I've been using Sothis and Winter Sothis as my anchor the same way I used to use FCorrin and even with way way more merges she can't compete. I hope her refine is huge. Or at least unique.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 06:35:44 PM »
Haven't actually used Myrrh since refining her yet. It's sort of just a bond-like refine with a clause in there to make sure Great Flame works like it should. I think it's fine.

I hardly get to use FCorrin anymore, so I'm hoping it's something fun more than something boring but practical.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »
I guess best case scenario I'd like it to be the inverse of MCorrin's refine, where FCorrin gets a huge stat boost if she's near her partner. And that stacks with MCorrin's refine.