Author Topic: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)  (Read 149495 times)

Tom

Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2020, 05:49:19 AM »
> Focus our eyes on the levitating device

> Await confused for an answer

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2020, 06:53:02 AM »
> Focus our eyes on the levitating device

> Await confused for an answer
>You focus on the device, it seems to stare back at you as well.
>"It's fascinating, non?" he chuckles, "Oui, the Rotom pokedex is quite a revolutionary piece of technology ever since it was first patented in Alola. Though it was ultimately the Galar Region improving and expanding on the concept that lead to its widespread use. Anyway, I have the pokeballs for Fennekin, Chespin, and Squirtle right here."
>He holds out a hand, revealing three small red and white balls in his hand, each marked with a small stickers signifying what you assume to be the element each pokemon belongs to.

>"Cool." Marisa strolls up and takes one of them, "So uh... how does it work, ze?"

>"Just press the central button to expand the ball to its active state, aim it at Squirtle, and say 'Return.' Optionally, you may include the pokemon's name or nickname if you've given it one."

>Marisa pokes the button on the center of the ball, causing it to suddenly expand to twice its size within seconds, startling her with its speed.
>She then proceeds to aim it at her Squirtle, "Uh... Squirtle return?"
>On command, the ball immediately shoots a red beam of light out of its central button, which envelops the turtle creature, quickly converting it into red light, before retracting back into the ball.

>"Huh..." Marisa looks at the ball.

>"Très bien! You seem to be getting the hang of it." Sycamore smiles, "Anyway, to send it out again, simply toss the ball in the air and command the pokemon to come out. Telling the pokemon to 'go' is also acceptable."

>"Alright." Marisa nods, before tossing the ball in the air, "Go, Squirtle!"
>When the ball reaches the apex of its trajectory, it suddenly snaps open, unleashing a beam of white light towards the ground that rapidly coalesces into the form of Squirtle. As soon as it finishes, the ball quickly snaps closed, before spinning right back at Marisa.
>Unfortunately, the ball coming back is something she doesn't seem to expect, so it promptly smacks her in the face.

>"Ow!" Marisa yelps, clutching her face in pain as Alice stifles a laugh.
>_

« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2020, 07:10:55 AM »
>"The pokeballs store the ... pokemon ... as light?"

Tom

« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2020, 07:19:26 AM »
> Pick up the pokeball associated with our pokemon and inspect it closely, do we feel any magical energy stored within it?  Do we sense any seals or barriers for containing magical energy on it?

> "I always wondered how these work~  Is there some kind of technical explanation as to how 'pokeballs' seemingly defy the laws of physics?  They can contain pokemon far larger than their size and also from the looks of it don't get heavier when full?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2020, 09:55:01 PM »
>"The pokeballs store the ... pokemon ... as light?"
>"Well, energy is the more accurate term." Sycamore replies.

> Pick up the pokeball associated with our pokemon and inspect it closely, do we feel any magical energy stored within it?  Do we sense any seals or barriers for containing magical energy on it?
>You pick up the ball with a small sticker depicting a fireball on it and inspect it.
>It doesn't feel like it's enchanted. In fact, you detect no magical energy in the device at all.

> "I always wondered how these work~  Is there some kind of technical explanation as to how 'pokeballs' seemingly defy the laws of physics?  They can contain pokemon far larger than their size and also from the looks of it don't get heavier when full?"
>"Well, personally I'm no expert in the mechanics of pokeball construction, thought the basic idea is that it converts a pokemon into energy and stores it in a comfortable environment until you're ready to send it out again. If you want to know more about the specifics, we do have a major pokeball manufacturing plant here in Kalos that offers tours to the public."
>_

Tom

« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2020, 11:49:04 PM »
> "Ahh, we'll visit them later then, where are they located?"

> "Since we're new to the region we probably also need a pokedex to help us identiy all these new Pokemon?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2020, 03:23:46 AM »
> "Ahh, we'll visit them later then, where are they located?"

> "Since we're new to the region we probably also need a pokedex to help us identiy all these new Pokemon?"
>"Just north of Laverre City." he answers, "And of course. In fact, that's why I've brought this unit with me."
>"Greetings, trainer." the orange device speaks in a mechanical, feminine voice. The illuminated mouth on it moves as it does so, "I am a league-sanctioned Service Rotom interfaced with this device. Its serial number is XY-1809238-K-045. The professor has assigned me to serve as a pokedex, communication device, and PSS interface for you and your friends."

>"I assume you're going to all be travelling together, correct?" Sycamore states, "Please correct me if I'm wrong."
>_

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2020, 04:18:54 AM »
>"I assume you're going to all be travelling together, correct?" Sycamore states, "Please correct me if I'm wrong."

>Look at Alice.
>Look at the other one.

Tom

« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2020, 07:40:48 AM »
> Nod in unison

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2020, 09:42:56 AM »
>Look at Alice.
>Look at the other one.
> Nod in unison
>You glance at your companions, giving them an expectant look.
>When it feels like all three of you get the message, you nod in unison.

>"Good." Sycamore smiles, "Anyway, I'm currently limited in supply, so I felt that it would be best to have one pokedex shared between the three of you as opposed to three separate devices. Of course, if you disagree, please let me know and I could easily requisition additional devices, though be aware that it might take some time for the order to be processed. That being said, if you'd like separate devices, but would prefer not to wait, I do have some outdated models on hand as well."
>_
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:16:32 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tom

« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2020, 08:51:27 PM »
> "I think we'll be alright"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2020, 11:56:41 PM »
> "I think we'll be alright"
>"Very well. Is there anything else you need before I send you on your way?" he asks as Alice finally claims her pokeball.
>_

Tom

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2020, 07:39:54 AM »
> "We thank you for letting us start our pokemon journey~!"

> "Where would be good places to start training for Kalos' gym challenge?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 07:42:17 AM by Tom »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2020, 06:55:43 AM »
> "We thank you for letting us start our pokemon journey~!"

> "Where would be good places to start training for Kalos' gym challenge?"
>"No problem, and I would say the best place would be on the road. Though the gyms themselves also have training areas set aside within them."
>_

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »
>"Can you recommend some books on pokemon, perhaps on the origins of pokemon, or pokemon taxonomy, or a comparison of pokemon and other animals? Which authors take a broad yet nuanced view of pokemon as a general subject? Which nearby bookstores or libraries have the best books on pokemon?"

>We could ask a lot more questions about books, but let's start short and simple.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2020, 07:48:14 AM »
>"Can you recommend some books on pokemon, perhaps on the origins of pokemon, or pokemon taxonomy, or a comparison of pokemon and other animals? Which authors take a broad yet nuanced view of pokemon as a general subject? Which nearby bookstores or libraries have the best books on pokemon?"

>We could ask a lot more questions about books, but let's start short and simple.
>"Hey, let's not overload the guy with questions, ze." Marisa interrupts your bombardment, "Also it's still weird seeing you excited..."

>"Oh, it's fine, really. I could provide you a list off the top of my head, though it probably won't have all the answers you're looking for." Sycamore answers.

>"If I may, I could probably compile a list of books and locations by combing through the internet." the pokedex offers, "I could do that on the way to the Pokemon Center, if you wish."

>"The Pokemon Center?" Alice questions.

>"Oui. Since you're new trainers, I assume none of you have an official trainer card." Sycamore explains, "Which means that you would need to head to a Pokemon Center to not only have your card printed, but to register you in the PSS as well."

>"Er... Remind us what the PSS is again?" Marisa asks.

>"Well, as you know, legally, you are only allowed to carry six pokemon at a time," the pokedex elaborates, "The Pokemon Storage System, otherwise known as the PSS, PC, or Box System, acts as a storage space for any extra pokemon you have, allowing you to swap them out with your active party as needed."
>_

Tom

« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »
> "I-I see"

> "We'll head over there right after we leave"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:17:50 PM by Tom »

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2020, 09:00:13 PM »
>Are we familiar with the internet?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2020, 09:40:21 PM »
> "I-I see"

> "We'll head over there right after we leave"
>"Very well."

>Are we familiar with the internet?
>You are not.
>_

Tom

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2020, 12:12:32 AM »
> We should continue to pretend to be familiar with things the residents consider normal like this 'internet' thing as to not give away

> "So we'll head out, thanks for everything"
> If the professor doesn't object proceed back the way we came, making sure not to excert ourselves too much on the steps

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2020, 01:20:15 AM »
> We should continue to pretend to be familiar with things the residents consider normal like this 'internet' thing as to not give away

> "So we'll head out, thanks for everything"
> If the professor doesn't object proceed back the way we came, making sure not to excert ourselves too much on the steps
>"You're welcome. I wish the three of you the best of luck on your journey." Sycamore smiles.
>You head back to the stairwell, with your chosen starters and the dex trailing behind you.

>"If I may ask," the pokedex speaks up as the door closes behind you, "why aren't you taking the elevator?"
>_

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2020, 01:46:50 AM »
>"Pokedex, define elevator."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2020, 02:54:14 AM »
>"Pokedex, define elevator."
>"Bzzzt!?" the face on the device gives you a perplexed expression, "You mean you don't know?"
>_

Tom

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2020, 07:54:50 AM »
> We don't know if this thing is sentient or not so lets wait until we better understand what this 'pokedex' contraption is before letting it know more about us. It seems to have noticed our behavior on it's own and even showed some kind of emotion or surprise when it heard our question, so lets be cautious. Additionally others might hear our coversation and raise suspicion

> Silly expression "I'm just trying to see if you know more than just pokemon facts~ I've never had a pokedex before you see..."
> If it doesn't object proceed down the stairs, actually walking this time (should be easier since it's downwards)

> After taking some steps:
> "As for your previous question, I'm usually a bit of a shut-in and as you can probably tell I need the excercise"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 08:04:37 AM by Tom »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2020, 08:39:32 AM »
> We don't know if this thing is sentient or not so lets wait until we better understand what this 'pokedex' contraption is before letting it know more about us. It seems to have noticed our behavior on it's own and even showed some kind of emotion or surprise when it heard our question, so lets be cautious. Additionally others might hear our coversation and raise suspicion
>You decide you might need to be more cautious around this device.

> Silly expression "I'm just trying to see if you know more than just pokemon facts~ I've never had a pokedex before you see..."
>"Oh, well if the device I'm operating was an older model, it certainly would only have access to pokemon facts and data." the device explains, "Fortunately, this model of pokedex was also intended to double as a cell phone and PDA, and therefore I have access to those functionalities as well. As well as access to the world wide web -- provided there's a wifi network I can connect to, of course."

> If it doesn't object proceed down the stairs, actually walking this time (should be easier since it's downwards)

> After taking some steps:
> "As for your previous question, I'm usually a bit of a shut-in and as you can probably tell I need the excercise"
>As much as you'd rather no do so, you begin to descend the steps like a normal person while your Fennekin scampers off in front of you.
>"Oh, I see. Should I prepare an exercise schedule for you during our travels, then?"

>Marisa immediately snickers, before grinning like a shark, "You know, that sounds like a good idea ze."
>"Squir?" Marisa's Squirtle looks to her questioningly.
>"You'll understand after you've been around Patchy awhile. Trust me."

>"Marisa..." Alice sighs and shakes her head.

>"...Should I consider that a "Yes"?" the pokedex questions after a moment.
>_

Tom

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2020, 08:04:14 PM »
> "I would rather just get my excercise in while doing everyday activities, so no thank you~"

> Elbow Marisa and continue down the stairs and out of the building.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2020, 09:12:06 PM »
> "I would rather just get my excercise in while doing everyday activities, so no thank you~"

> Elbow Marisa and continue down the stairs and out of the building.
>"Very well."

>You take a moment to jab Marisa with your elbow before proceeding.
>While it certainly isn't as unpleasant as going up would be, you do noticeably fall behind your companions on the way down. Nonetheless, you reach the bottom with minimal exhaustion.
>On the way down, you also noticed Alice muttering things to herself, you think they were european city names, but you're not entirely certain.

>After finishing your descent, you make your way out of the building, finding yourself on the streets of the city once more.
>_

« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2020, 11:26:02 PM »
>That was a lot of jargon the pokedex threw out there.

>Ponder what the pokedex means by world wide web.
>Do we know any spells to create or manipulate webbing?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2020, 06:23:25 AM »
>That was a lot of jargon the pokedex threw out there.

>Ponder what the pokedex means by world wide web.
>Do we know any spells to create or manipulate webbing?
>You do not.
>That's more within the abilities of insect and arachnid youkai, but you could probably come up with something with enough research and experimentation.

>"So uh... where's this Center thing we're supposed to go to?" Marisa asks.
>"It's right across the street." the pokedex speaks, "See the area at the base of that building with the red-orange stripe?"
>Glancing, you do notice a conspicuous red-orange stripe around the bottom level of the building across the street to the left. There is also a white symbol over the door reminiscent of a pokeball.

>"Albi." Alice suddenly speaks up as if she had an epiphany, causing everyone else to shoot a glance at her.
>"S-Sorry, didn't mean to be that loud..." she blushes a bit, "I was just thinking what to name my... Chespin, right?" she glances at the pokemon in question, which nods, "Anyway I think Albi might be a good name for him, if that's alright with you, of course."
>The rodent seems to think before a moment, before nodding. "Chespin ches!"
>"Albi it is, then." the puppeteer smiles.
>_

Tom

« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2020, 07:11:55 AM »
> Proceed towards the building

> Smile and nod at Alice

> In the meantime we need to think of a nickname for Fennekin...