~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!

New Trailer for Touhou 17.5

<< < (2/4) > >>

Suspicious person:
After a short presentation from Touhou Station, Tasofro grace us with a new trailer for Touhou 17.5, featuring who else but a thematically fitting character in the form of Captain Murasa (called it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRgOOx412sA

And while I like this cape wearing Murasa, I find it hilarious that she seems to lug around an actual boat with her wherever she seems to be going lol

Touhou 17.5's release seems imminent and is probably happening for real this time, as it's quite common for Tasofro to make a proper trailer before release. Also, if they're gonna operate like they usually do in the past, I believe it is quite possible for them to progressively introduce / officiously leak a number of playable character before the game gets properly released.

AngryEclectus:

--- Quote from: Suspicious person on August 14, 2021, 11:56:40 AM ---After a short presentation from Touhou Station, Tasofro grace us with a new trailer for Touhou 17.5, featuring who else but a thematically fitting character in the form of Captain Murasa (called it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRgOOx412sA

And while I like this cape wearing Murasa, I find it hilarious that she seems to lug around an actual boat with her wherever she seems to be going lol

Touhou 17.5's release seems imminent and is probably happening for real this time, as it's quite common for Tasofro to make a proper trailer before release. Also, if they're gonna operate like they usually do in the past, I believe it is quite possible for them to progressively introduce / officiously leak a number of playable character before the game gets properly released.

--- End quote ---

Exiting! The inclusion of Murasa is cool too, since she's only really appeared in UFO and DS.

Also, according to the wiki page, (https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Gouyoku_Ibun) it is actually going to be released this month!

Suspicious person:
https://twitter.com/tasofro/status/1432278260688195587

Hmm, guess what got delayed. Again.
The release is set for next month (september), although a set date hasn't been provided yet.

Tbh I'm more curious about the game's development cycle thaN the release date itself at times

Suspicious person:
Game's been out for quite some time now

Imo it's possible that the game is not 100% finished yet, as there's still that suspicious "greed challenge"(?) grayed out unselectable stage kinda thing

Also, comparing TH 17.5 footages from a certain samurai cat Vtuber stream and the content of the game in the Steam release & patch, there are a few additions such as oil shooting out of the ground after the quakes in Flandre's route, and also small boat like platforms in the Flooded Hell of Blazing Fires in Kutaka's stage ; and the only difficulties available being normal and hard plus the unusual lack of playable final boss and easy and lunatic difficulty kinda makes me think this way too.

I believe (and am kinda crossing my fingers) that Tasofro is gonna add a bunch of stuff in future patches somewhere down the line, similar to previous works like HM, AoCF, or even Shoot Shoot Nitori the Golden.

Game turned out much cooler than I expected : art direction is fine, what's with everything being entirely pixel art (including the backgrounds !) instead of going with that weird 2D charater sprite and 3D model backgrounds like usual, not to mention TOKIAME's art and the way the endings are illustrated. While I'm kinda bummed by the lack of stage sections, gameplay-wise, Tasofro deciding to allow 10 misses (actually helpful) plus allowing the water charge attack (bomb ?) to break red seals is like 300% better than how it was in the demo.

I hope Tasofro's is actually going to add a bunch of cool stuff later, and I wouldn't mind em building up on this kind of game in the future tbh, like for example making an actual platformer with this lineup of characters & playstyles plus whoever else is gonna get added.

Chivler:
Still jamming to Yuumas themes, I especially enjoy the callbacks to other themes in them. The remixes are imo pretty enjoyable as well. And I like the overall art direction! The character portraits are quite beautiful, so props to the artist. I'm actually rather fond of the pixel art backgrounds, but I'm also just generally a fan of pixel art so I guess I'm just biased.  :D

However, I agree with the idea that the game might not be finished yet, as the game doesn't feel very content-filled? We only have 6 (or 7 if you count the Yorigamis separately) playable characters, which doesn't feel like a whole lot. Some of the characters only appear as bosses and aren't playable (yet?), which kind of disappointed me. The whole thing about the oil being considered holy or good fortune isn't explored by any characters except for maybe the Yorigamis. And what about the supposed festival thrown for the oil? That story part is never mentioned by anyone, unless I'm missing something from an ending. Or maybe the story description on the wiki isn't supposed very important to the actual plot somehow.

It really would be nice for the game to receive some more updates, so I hope Tasofro is still working on the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version