Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up  (Read 207200 times)

commandercool

• altered ego
Re: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2021, 08:32:02 AM »
This event is soooo Touhou. I chalked it up to drawing from the same source material at first but the overall plot resembles Touhou 11 so much that at this point I'm assuming some of it is intentional homage.

Also I don't know how I feel about the fact that Goredolf
Spoiler:
is the same age as me
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2021, 05:30:50 AM »
Welp, it appears that KR has made themselves a full-on Lostbelt.

(Context: Netmarble tried making a special Start Dash campaign for everyone to get people back after the Incineration; someone apparently took exception, banannaed on Twitter, and forced them to cancel it. Cue people review-bombing FGO KR so hard it got briefly blocked on Google Play for spam.)

EDIT: Augh the CQ is bringing back bad memories of the Jaguar Gilfest CQ

EDIT2: So, after this is... Prisma Codes, right? Here's hoping for Miyu.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 06:04:20 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2021, 05:29:46 AM »
Decided to give the da Vinci banner a single 10-roll...

...an awful lot of loading later...

Got a new da Vinci-chan and a new Napoleon.  But no 4* servants.
Perfect. I should be primed for Miyu...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2021, 03:16:32 AM »
Did a 10-pull on the second banner for the New Year's event last week and ended up with a Li Shuwen and a Wu Zetian, so that was an unexpectedly nice surprise.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2021, 06:37:07 PM »
Oh god that little Learning With Manga storyline is hilarious. They should do these more often...

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2021, 08:48:15 AM »
Eeeyyy Miyu and NP23 Illya. No 5* Event CEs though, which is kind of weird, but okay. Also Sigfried spook.

EDIT: I still feel it's a damn shame the Testament Spiritron Dress doesn't change her voice lines.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:50:57 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #276 on: January 30, 2021, 11:52:13 PM »
Got Miyu, but it took more than I'd like to admit.  Also NP2'd Carmilla and NP3'd CasGil.  Also I have a full compliment of event CEs (when combined with those from the original run).

Emptied out the shop, the CQ... went surprisingly according to plan.  Line-up: Merlin, Scathach, Support Summer SAlter, Ozzy, Raikou, Mash.  Plugsuit MC.  Got Illya and Chloe to NP at the same time thanks to Chloe's Break Bar effect.  Once Merlin got the Avalon train going it was never gonna stop.  Shishou took out Chloe.  Swapped Shishou for Mash and let her eat the NP when Illya was going to NP again with Invuln Pierce still up.  Ozzy and SSS took out Illya.  It was effectively over with just Miyu left on the field.  Never needed Raikou.

Spent my RP on Royal Brand (the only MC still in the shop) and the Heroic Portrait CE unlock (picked Scathach).  Not sure on what to spend RP on next.  Trial Quests are a waste.  I'm saving my MP for the Bella Lisa CE.  And the other CE's don't seem that impressive, especially for their cost.

I'll 10-roll the Valentine's banner once, but otherwise I'm stockpiling tix and SQ for Titan Waifu.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 11:58:48 PM by Aya Reiko »

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2021, 12:47:34 AM »
Got Miyu, but it took more than I'd like to admit.

Same, hadn't planned to throw more than one 10-pull at this banner but the lure of A Limited 4* was too strong (and was only exacerbated by residual bitterness from missing out on Fujino)

I might actually not pull on the Valentine's banner at all, Murasaki would be nice but isn't a very high priority with everyone else coming down the pipe this year (JINAKO OR BUST)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #278 on: February 02, 2021, 07:43:48 AM »
Reminder that the Valentine's scenes upcoming are fully voiced. Make sure you have a gig or two to spare to download the files, else make sure you're on Wi-Fi when you do choco exchanges so you don't burn up all your data.

(JINAKO OR BUST)

(SAKURAFACES OR BUST)

((ALSO BOUDICA AND CALIGULA GOT ANIMATION UPDATES))

(((Pochi-sensei drawing Brynhild gives me life)))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 06:02:26 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2021, 04:54:39 PM »
Did 5 tix and one 10-roll on the Valentine's banner; Got 2 each of the 5* and 4* CE's and one 3* CE.

Saving for Titan Waifu.  (Sakurafaces FTW.)  If I get lucky and get her early, I'll consider rolling for the Cosmic Thot too.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2021, 05:29:59 PM »
the Cosmic Thot

Space Ishtar isn't coming until way late in the year, that's plenty of time to save up

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2021, 05:52:11 PM »
Space Ishtar isn't coming until way late in the year, that's plenty of time to save up
Maybe I should've called her "Planet F***er" instead...

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2021, 07:59:45 PM »
Still sounds like Ishtar to me, she absolutely would if she could

Honestly, it seems a more difficult task to find an endearing negative description of Kiara that cannot also apply to Ishtar in some way

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #283 on: February 05, 2021, 07:15:49 AM »
Goodsmile is defictionalizing Lambda's hoodie and making Class Card figures. I wonder if they'll ever get around to making the Extra classes, too...

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2021, 04:56:05 PM »
3-turned the CQ rofl

(Would've been 2-turn but I slightly overestimated how much damage I'd do Turn 1 and left her with ~2K HP before the break bar)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2021, 07:53:41 AM »
CCC Rerun starts right after Valentine's. Time to head back into the SE.RA.PH and go pick up crazy AI, masochist AI, sadist AI, and kaiju AI. (Horny nun won't be until Ooku.)

(I am absolutely going to be whaling for Kingprotea, but I might spend a little bit to try for NP2 Melt...)

EDIT: Nearly pulled a Myst pulling for Kingprotea. Anastasia spook and that one Waver CE he always seems to find a way to get in one of the ten-rolls I did. (Lucky KP showed up on the last roll in that pack.) I do not have the embers to rocket her up all the way to 90, but that was more or less expected given my various mat deficiencies. Little tempted to make her my next 2k/2k/100 project, but that'll probably have to wait until my attempts at Kama.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:23:24 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2021, 06:55:54 AM »
Did a Kita-san ritual; nothing on the 5 tix, nothing of note on the first 10-roll, "Master...  Master..." on the second.
Was going to do it again to chase either Gawain or Tristan, but Tristan showed up on ticket #2.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2021, 06:01:30 AM »
Welp, Arcade has revealed its Sixth Singularity; they're going to Lost Jerusalem! (No word yet on if it's a Xenosaga crossover.) From the looks of it, Arcade's been fast enough to avoid the Lion King's interference; now they just have to deal with the Lion King that's supposed to be there.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2021, 02:27:17 AM »
Dang the Kingprotea fight is *really* hard.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2021, 05:59:28 AM »
Yeah, it's painful when KP decides she doesn't like your (friend's) Merlin, so she triple crits his ass into oblivion. It's a lot about turn management, since if you aren't going for Turn 1 memes, you gotta last at least 20 turns for your DPS spike to hopefully hammer her down. Drains, stuns, using David/Tristan/Merlin/Jeanne to get protection from the NP... But you still gotta get that spike ready for when the shield is down.

I had to vent my revive to get the kill, since Melt didn't manage quite enough damage the first time she regressed.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2021, 11:29:45 PM »
Maybe I'm just getting unlucky, I haven't tried *that* many times, but so far she just kills someone in her first couple of standard attacks with random crits even with a bunch of defense ups.

How are you managing the inability to heal? I tried Mata Hari to prevent her from giving out that debuff buuut she just does it anyway the next turn. That seems like a huge blow to stall teams even without the crits.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #291 on: March 05, 2021, 06:29:24 AM »
How are you managing the inability to heal? I tried Mata Hari to prevent her from giving out that debuff buuut she just does it anyway the next turn. That seems like a huge blow to stall teams even without the crits.

I just didn't run healers to start. Everyone who wasn't Melt or the friend Merlin had a MLB Iron-Willed Training, which does help quite a lot paired with either Waver's or Mash's defense buff. Alter Egos deal half damage to Knight classes, so it's recommended to bring in David and/or Tristan, especially since David has a personal Defense boost and Tristan has a Crit Rate down along with Harp of Healing to facetank her NP. (You need their Harps at level 10 if you don't have someone/something with drain/stun/NP seal!)

She swaps to a Defense Down debuff on turn 7, so you can get a little reprieve there, but she can reapply that debuff at anytime after that outside of turn 7 and 14.

If you need protection from crits, you could run Leonidas or d'Eon to keep attention off of your Casters.

There's always using Qin Shi Huang, though you'll need to get around the NP gain debuff more than the other two debuffs. Qin's NP has invuln and target focus, so that turn KP can't do anything unless she has her NP up. They also have a drain, which helps with the whole stalling thing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 04:37:23 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #292 on: March 06, 2021, 08:39:38 AM »
Lol so I made it to the weakness turn with Melt and her damage came up waaay short so I tried a second time with Ibaraki. I managed to get into a situation where Ibaraki had 200% NP charge, four Charismas, Hero Creation, Heaven's Feel, the Anniversary Blonde buster up, and exactly two of her buster cards in-hand on the correct turn, but when I popped the Anniversary Blonde star skill Merlin (was was the only other character alive) ate like 17 of the 20 stars.

I was pissed, but when I went for it and Ibaraki ended up massively overkilling Kingprotea with just her NP. Oops! Well, good enough I guess. Makes me wonder if I could have just skipped all the stalling and killed her on turn one with double Waver and Shakespeare or something.

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #293 on: March 06, 2021, 10:52:20 PM »
She takes such a huge amount of more damage on her weakness turn, most of the turn 1 setups I've seen use like a NP5 Lv100 Cu Alter with Lv100 Black Grail and multiple buster crits, the instant oneshot is a super duper high-end setup for sure.

Speaking of KP I was pretty worried about this fight myself so I went for the Mash/Jeanne/Merlin stall approach here. Turn 1 I gave the other Jeanne (summer alter, zerker) Merlin's buffs and MC attack up and dumped her to the back row. On turn 22 I brought her back out and put the same buffs into her and used her NP after Lord Camelot, it came up to about 2.6m, so still cutting it a bit close for comfort with the damage RNG (camelot may have saved me) but it worked out somehow

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2021, 05:32:18 PM »
Oh huh, yeah, starting your attacker in the front, buffing them up, then swapping them to the back is probably a lot safer than what I was trying to do. Good call.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #296 on: March 08, 2021, 03:41:41 AM »
pfft Myst uploaded a vid of him getting mindbroken by all of his Anastasia spooks.

In more current news, it's almost time for an old man to mix drinks and change lives. Too bad I don't have him; that bartender skin looks great. (EDIT: Speak of the devil and he shall appear, apparently. Two of them in a meme 10-roll. There goes all chance I have of getting Kama in one quartz pack, probably.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 08:14:47 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #297 on: March 08, 2021, 11:06:16 PM »
I'm mostly saving for Ganesha but Stupid Sexy Moriarty tempted me to do 30 pulls on his banner. No luck, but sunk cost fallacy is tempting me to roll more now. Hopefully I can resist doing that!

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #298 on: March 09, 2021, 06:56:44 AM »
For the KP fight, I went Scathach, Merlin. Support Merlin, Waver.
Buffed Shishou to the max, swapped her w/ Waver, then enjoyed 20+ turns of a runaway double Avalon train.

-

Did one Kita-san ritual; got 2 3* Event CE's and 2 4* Event CE's.  Saving the rest of the tix and SQ for Kama.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #299 on: March 10, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »
Okay I got tempted by Stupid Sexy Moriarty and things went about as well as I could hope. 85 pulls total, netted me a Yan Qing, an Achilles, and a Moriarty.

I don't really know what I'm going to do with Achilles since Astolfo doesn't leave a lot of room for other AOE Riders, but Astolfo can't loop I guess so Achilles has his niche.