Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up  (Read 206923 times)

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Fate/Grand Order - You Can (Not) Rate Up
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2020, 04:05:58 AM »
LET'S GO LADS
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2020, 04:24:13 AM »
Going Berserker, let do this...

Landed Nightengale.  I'll take the crazy nurse.
(The rest was 3*'s and junk 3* & 4* CE's)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 04:27:10 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2020, 04:31:24 AM »
eyyy Jalter. Also NP5 Salieri, but getting Brynhild's girlfriend is good too.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2020, 05:23:27 AM »
Skadi did not come home for me...

But Pavarti and Lobo did.  Along with a fair number of 4*'s getting an NP upgrade.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2020, 05:53:30 AM »
Ruler Jeanne and NP3 Salieri off the Extra banner for me.

210 SQ to get Skadi. Got Tamamo Cat twice and Mary Read once along the way.

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2020, 07:10:13 AM »
Don't have the funds to roll GSSR yet (well I have the money in cash but not in the bank) so it must wait until later in the week. Skadi came home and somehow I think it's the most nervous I've ever been in this game. Heart just about skipped a beat when I saw a gold card and again when I saw the caster side of the card. It all worked out but I was speechless in the moment

Weird how that works. I had already decided I'd just accept it if I didn't get her, too, so not sure why I got so worked up over it.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2020, 07:15:23 PM »
My GSSR was on Assassins and my priority list was MHX->Cleopatra or Semiramis->any other result. I got Cleopatra, which is fine. She doesn't thrill me given that I already have Shuten raised but, but I'll definitely use her and I'm sure I'll enjoy her.

FGO has been giving out so much free currency recently that Project Beach Banana's goal has been revised from an NP3 Ibaraki Lancer to an NP5 Ibaraki Lancer. I should be able to manage that no problem at this point, and then she can have all my remaining grails.
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2020, 08:22:37 AM »
No Skadi yet... I don't actively desire/pursue many servants, but when I do, they do their best to not come. Conversely, using 1-3 tickets or a 10 pull for CEs gets me gold servants pretty well so far. That is keeping the former in mind, however...
I sure wish I could've gotten the 200 SQ that everyone seems to be catching Skadi with before running out of, but I don't have the login days to get that...
I'll probably be relying on the login streak 10 tickets, because these Pseudo-singularities are annoying as hell.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »
No Skadi yet... I don't actively desire/pursue many servants, but when I do, they do their best to not come. Conversely, using 1-3 tickets or a 10 pull for CEs gets me gold servants pretty well so far. That is keeping the former in mind, however...
I sure wish I could've gotten the 200 SQ that everyone seems to be catching Skadi with before running out of, but I don't have the login days to get that...
I'll probably be relying on the login streak 10 tickets, because these Pseudo-singularities are annoying as hell.
I'll admit I'm a Dolphin, but I'll never go as far as become a Whale.  I have it mentally ingrained that no servant is worth "that" much.  So I've given up pursuit outside of the last ticket held by SAlter and any others held by login bonuses.

Command Codes are here... yay?
I gave Raikou a Lucky Beast on one of her Buster cards for a little added survivability as most of the other codes seem like situational swords.  I need to think on who gets what and where.

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2020, 04:28:24 PM »
I'll admit I'm a Dolphin, but I'll never go as far as become a Whale.  I have it mentally ingrained that no servant is worth "that" much.  So I've given up pursuit outside of the last ticket held by SAlter and any others held by login bonuses.
Oh right no money used here either. I considered if it would be nice for a brief moment before the prices made me nope.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2020, 02:07:59 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised by the two-hundred SQ, but I'm keeping most of it for this year's Summer event so that I can nab Foreigner MHX and possibly Beach BB. With that said though, I did managed to NP2 my Scheherazade on my obligatory Skadi banner ten-pull, though the Caster card got my hopes up for a few moments, haha.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2020, 01:35:40 AM »
I feel like I only ever use Robin Hood during challenge quests, but man does he ever not disappoint. He made an absolute fool of Artoria Alter. Does anyone know what the hit rate for his poison skill is? I didn't have it miss once against her which seems pretty good given her reasonably high magic resist.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2020, 07:20:04 AM »
I believe it's 100% by default; that would be about an 82.5% chance to hit on SAlter.

Also ugggh I need to get around to finishing Salem; mister witch hunter really makes me not want to go through it, and I don't want to skip the story just to get to beating it. First world problems.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2020, 12:37:06 AM »
Nooo don't skip the story, it's really good! Everything (mostly) comes together in the end in a satisfying way.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2020, 03:53:18 AM »
Yeah, if there's any story to not skip, it's Salem.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2020, 09:52:56 AM »
It's really just Hopkins being a really effective hatesink to me that's turning me off. I can (and am) enjoy the story when he's off somewhere else; but the bullheaded/ignorant/holier than thou way he goes about doing things gets my dander going something fierce.

I'm plugging away at it and should be able to get to the last couple of Memorial Quests in the time limit. At least it's only nine chapters long, so I won't have to deal with his face for much longer.

EDIT: To celebrate EXTRA's 10th, JP gets EoR 1.5: SE.RA.PH entering Main Interlude; and buffs for Kingprotea, Melt, and Suzuka!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:45:29 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »
Landed Summer Fran and Summer Umu (my first 5* Summer servant) on one 10-roll after 12 tix.  I'll wait 'til Summer Nito is alone on rate-up to chase after her.

edit--

-PSA-  Don't choose "Repeat" if you intend to use any of the 3 boosters.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 05:39:05 PM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2020, 05:22:17 AM »
Landed Summer Fran and Summer Umu (my first 5* Summer servant) on one 10-roll after 12 tix.  I'll wait 'til Summer Nito is alone on rate-up to chase after her.

edit--

-PSA-  Don't choose "Repeat" if you intend to use any of the 3 boosters.
Nice on the UMU and Fran. I ran a bit on the Skadi/Holmes banner and ended up netting Ruler of Richenbach. Admittedly I probably should have waited for today when it's just Skadi on rate up, but I don't mind having Holmes instead of her.

So who did everyone pick for the two Travel Portraits? I picked up Altera and Brynhild (though I admit I was mightily tempted by Abigail and Suzuka).

Rei Scarlette

• nobu
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2020, 09:44:24 AM »
For the travel portraits, I went with MHXA and Salter. Have to go with the waifus, and hoping to eventually have a CE for each of the salterfaces. Last time we got to pick CEs, I grabbed one for Lalter there.

There were a lot of really nice ones to choose from this year, though.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2020, 02:17:04 AM »
I picked Mash and Da Vinci. Same ones I picked for the formalwear I'm pretty sure. Although I was tempted by Hokusai and Tamamo.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2020, 03:04:12 AM »
Picked Abby and Tomoe.  Abby is best girl and Tomoe is too cute.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2020, 05:11:23 AM »
I ended up going for Circe and Kiyohime. I always seem to end up picking Kiyo for these types of things and I regret nothing.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2020, 05:21:05 AM »
My decision actually would have been easier with one ticket instead of two.

Picked Atalanta and, after rending my soul into many pieces from the agony of making one more decision, Tamamo.

I'm so sorry, Tomoe. :(

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2020, 05:29:00 AM »
I still haven't ever used my Tomoe. Before I got her I feel like I needed a good simple single-target Archer all the time and didn't have one, but now that I've gone to all the trouble of leveling her up and leveling her skills and stuff I haven't come across an opportunity to use her once. I know people love her character, I should just start shoehorning her onto teams to get a feel for her.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2020, 05:41:38 AM »
I still haven't ever used my Tomoe. Before I got her I feel like I needed a good simple single-target Archer all the time and didn't have one, but now that I've gone to all the trouble of leveling her up and leveling her skills and stuff I haven't come across an opportunity to use her once. I know people love her character, I should just start shoehorning her onto teams to get a feel for her.
Same. Chloe's just too dang stronk just by herself to really have opportunities to use a crit/Burn focused Archer.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2020, 05:53:46 AM »
I don't even own Chloe, she's from before my time. But Ishtar tends to do enough heavily lifting that I haven't felt the need to run multiple Archers on a team for a while.

Edit: Does anyone know if the golem enemies in the berserker node for the event have some kind of flat damage reduction ability that's always active? I've farmed Team Fran's node dozens and dozens of time and I've had bronze golems survive Ishtar's NP with like 100 health left a couple of times and it should be impossible for her NP to hit for damage numbers that low as far as I know. The only explanation I can think of is that either damage variance is WAY higher than I thought or there's some kind of passive ability in effect or something...?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:14:30 AM by commandercool »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary.
    • Steam
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2020, 06:01:58 AM »
I don't even own Chloe, she's from before my time. But Ishtar tends to do enough heavily lifting that I haven't felt the need to run multiple Archers on a team for a while.

Edit: Does anyone know if the golem enemies in the berserker node for the event have some kind of flat damage reduction ability that's always active? I've farmed Team Fran's node dozens and dozens of time and I've had bronze golems survive Ishtar's NP with like 100 health left a couple of times and it should be impossible for her NP to hit for damage numbers that low as far as I know. The only explanation I can think of is that either damage variance is WAY higher than I thought or there's some kind of passive ability in effect or something...?
Not that I know of.  You are sure those are Zerker Golems, golems can show elsewhere with a different class.  Also, are you using Ishtarin's first skill before NPing them?

Landed a Medjed.  I'll conserve SQ and wait 'til Final Honnoji for Zerker Nobu.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2020, 06:40:10 AM »
Crater B Fran nodes are Caster, so yeah, if you're farming there, that's why.

The 5th Anniversary visuals are all really neat. It should come to no one's surprise that the one featuring Osakabehime is literally in front of Himeji Castle.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
Ha ha I legit did not realize the golems were Casters, I feel dumb now. :D

I'm used to golems being Berserkers and the last node I farmed a bunch they were Berserkers. That makes a lot more sense. Well, good on Ishtar for being able to take out class-neutral enemies with pretty good HP a vast vast majority of the time.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2020, 04:29:59 AM »
First off, congratulations for Desert Beauty for their first (and only) win in the Dead Heat section across all servers.

That aside...

FATE/EXTRA REMAKE ANNOUNCED