Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 481258 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)
« Reply #690 on: June 12, 2020, 08:18:16 AM »
>keep our cop.
Excluding the part where you clearly aren't a cop because you're making up a result on me?
Anyway, yeah, Zoomy looks terribad now and since there's no point in voting for Yaersulf...
##Unvote
##Vote: Zoomy Tsugumi

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #691 on: June 12, 2020, 08:27:34 AM »
Yeah absolutely do not call off the Yaer nuke, as I said if Yaer's telling the truth then we got a conf scum and a conf town in exchange for losing the cop. And if Yaer's lying then he's scum (I would hope that he's not lying town because that's so anti-town to fake cop results lol).

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #692 on: June 12, 2020, 08:29:15 AM »
And if Yaer doesn't flip at all there's still this possibility that this is a scum gambit

« Reply #693 on: June 12, 2020, 08:29:38 AM »
Ok so as I said, the only way to save Dormio for scum is to convince Nucleus to un-nuke me and then convince town to lynch someone other than town. However there's no possible way that with things how they are for Dormio to argue for not nuking me. It's entirely possible that what's happening here is Dormio calling in a potential Scum!Bardiche to be the one to argue for calling off the nuke to give them the opportunity to argue for a lynch on someone else.

Cut by two Zoomys

« Reply #694 on: June 12, 2020, 08:30:55 AM »
Convince town to lynch someone other than Dormio*.

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #695 on: June 12, 2020, 09:37:02 AM »
ah. reading through yaer, him being espionage kinda makes sense. the weird flip he made to defending raik n2 felt unnatural

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #696 on: June 12, 2020, 10:36:53 AM »
So Bard is scum/SK with Dormio?

##Vote Dormio

The chainsaw defence Day one makes sense then.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #697 on: June 12, 2020, 10:40:30 AM »
If Dormio flips before 20 hours I get to cancel nuke, and we confirm Yaersulf if really is a cop, and confirm if I am lying if I dont nuke cancel.

Its fully townsided to turbo Dormio, do it

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #698 on: June 12, 2020, 10:42:18 AM »
The window is really short, but I still get another 15 hours before Dormio’s nuke hit me so I can still contribute as a stump.

With Yaersulf’s play turboing Dormio is now the optimal town break for this open setup, lets bring this home

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #699 on: June 12, 2020, 10:44:51 AM »
Nukes take two days to resolve, not one. It's as though nobody even bothers to read the rules.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #700 on: June 12, 2020, 10:47:17 AM »
You keep calling it a chainsaw defence but from where I stand, it was calling you out for being a dick. I would've called you out regardless of who your target was, because "Let's lynch person X because they're person X" is 100% a dick move.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #701 on: June 12, 2020, 10:50:12 AM »
Yea we can't lynch and then cancel the nukes bc nukes are locked in after 24 hrs and night alone takes 24 hrs. There's no feasible way to get a flip from a lynch and be able to cancel (and FWIW, the rules state we can't do any game actions post-hammer either, so there's no hammering and then recalling a nuke in the twilight). We'll have to wait 2 days until the flips from these nukes happen.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #702 on: June 12, 2020, 10:50:20 AM »
I fully and humbly apologise for my D1 play.

I promise to never meta-case people like this anymore, but this game unluckily I seem to have actually hit scum.

I will play more ethically from now on, but for now we have a golden opportunity to win the game as town, and as town I must take it.

Sorry for the scum/SK factions.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #703 on: June 12, 2020, 10:58:07 AM »
Yeah, I read the rules and I cant nuke cancel after lynch.

Sorry, no good turbo option is available then. This setup is very well designed indeed!

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #704 on: June 12, 2020, 11:03:41 AM »
I'm really unhappy with the zeal for nuking people have, because there's still an SK out there (and nuking someone with an armed missile silo just means someone else is getting nuked, usually).

I don't mind lynching Dormio since we have a claimed cop result on him─I guess if you're set on nuking Yaer we can wait for Yaer to flip, so either Yaer flips Town Cop and we lynch Dormio, or Yaer flips Scum and we're still down another scumbag. I do mind how you're trying to set up me as some scumbuddy, based on this faulty "chainsaw defence" line.

You're suggesting a Scum!Bard would've somehow been so concerned over you meta-casing Dormio like that, that I'd immediately jump on it and shine a spotlight on myself for it... because I worried there were six other dicks in the game who would've holly-jolly gone ahead with the lynch based on meta.

Sorry, but that doesn't happen. I've played this game for years, a single vote does not bother me.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #705 on: June 12, 2020, 11:48:39 AM »
Bardiche, I know this is in game but I am genuinely happy.

I wanted to be out and Dormio obliged, I felt we had a spiritual connection (I played in his game and made it fun, he is now obliging me and letting me make this game fun as fellow players)

So I am really happy now, thanks and good luck to town for winning!

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #706 on: June 12, 2020, 01:09:18 PM »
Yea we can't lynch and then cancel the nukes bc nukes are locked in after 24 hrs and night alone takes 24 hrs. There's no feasible way to get a flip from a lynch and be able to cancel (and FWIW, the rules state we can't do any game actions post-hammer either, so there's no hammering and then recalling a nuke in the twilight). We'll have to wait 2 days until the flips from these nukes happen.

If you are being targeted with a nuclear missile, you may post ##I do not wish to die a painful radioactive death in the thread. This will cause you to commit suicide and leave the game immediately, unpreventable by any abilities.
not saying it's a good idea right now, but if the nukes don't get cancelled in time, then this is prob what needs to happen. gives us more time to discuss the post-flip gamestate

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #707 on: June 12, 2020, 01:52:55 PM »
my post chain was supposed to be larger last night but the site died afterwards, i'd been doing a reread on yaersulf

maybe it came back up faster than i thought though because when i woke up just now the site worked on my phone but I was still getting the error page until i took a direct link to the game thread??? confused, anyway moving on

err i guess i don't need to finish that reread now though???? holy crap a lot just happened

##Unvote
##Vote Dormio

oh wait no

##Unvote

we want to at least see yaer's flip first just in case, lmao if we turboed dormio and yaer was pulling our leg, his claim looks legit tho

also yes, if any of the nuked people want to speed things up they can suicide as Daiya posted, otherwise of course they can feel free to keep chatting for a bit

Re:Bard, uhm, no, I'm not "doc fishing", I WANT TO NUKE YOU and if you're just gonna turn out to be the doc and make me have to immediately cancel my nuke and be unable to use it today then it'd be a waste of time, but the situation has obviously changed quite a lot since I went to sleep so that's temporarily on hold. Also, uh, the SK win con has nothing to do with nukes falling, it just requires everyone to be dead. Yes nukes are generally involved in situations that make that happen but when there's still 7 living un-nuked players I don't really see any reason not to keep firing away. (Well, apart from that there's currently 2 nukes midair, a cop claim, and a cop guilty, -those- are good reasons and further nukes should be waiting until some of these flips occur)

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #708 on: June 12, 2020, 01:53:39 PM »
maybe it came back up faster than i thought though because when i woke up just now the site worked on my phone but I was still getting the error page until i took a direct link to the game thread??? confused, anyway moving on
but I was still getting the error page on my pc*

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #709 on: June 12, 2020, 02:00:41 PM »
i'm debating whether it's actually best to fire off even more nukes considering 2/3 scum are goners (either yaer or dormio are scum for sure) and snagging either the SK or final scum removes one of tonight's nightkills from the board which is a significant town boon

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #710 on: June 12, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »
If Nucleus doesn't flip SK and we don't get a doc proc off I dont think we can win the game unless we fulfill very specific conditions. It'll be a 4 player day with 2 town and 1 scum/sk each. Winning is possible still with nuke shennanigans probably?
Assuming Yaer is telling the truth, we can theoretically enter tomorrow with a confirmed town in Raik getting proc'ed by the doc but that still leaves 3 players to sort out, 2 of which aren't town.
Very very weird odds.

Also some pages are pulling up errors atm but alternate links into them work (like pg 22 was erroring for me but following my quote of Yaer's on the first post of page 23 brought me to page 22 just fine) it's as a result of the site maintenance I'd imagine and should resolve itself in the next 24 hrs.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #711 on: June 12, 2020, 02:03:08 PM »
4 player day?

We currently have 9 living players, 7 post-nuke, 6 post-lynch, and then... ah I see what you mean. Hmm.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #712 on: June 12, 2020, 02:04:07 PM »
do we actually pray the sk nightkills the final scum lmao

I do have to agree that it might be risky after all to continue nuking, then.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #713 on: June 12, 2020, 02:05:10 PM »
Yea i mean there's a handful of different scenarios that net a town win
It's just the odds on them are all sucky and risky lol

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #714 on: June 12, 2020, 02:07:51 PM »
if Yaer's telling the truth then we got a conf scum and a conf town in exchange for losing the cop.

Couldn't raikaria still be North Korea?

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #715 on: June 12, 2020, 02:10:42 PM »
I guess technically yes.
But I must admit I'm not really banking on it being the case.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #716 on: June 12, 2020, 02:13:38 PM »
Actually we can probably PoE this?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #717 on: June 12, 2020, 02:14:22 PM »
I guess even the doc's saved target could be the SK, too.

I mean literally anyone could be the SK, third party should be able to pretty straightforwardly play the same as they would if they were town.

SK hunting is ??????.

Even Yaer could be the SK just claiming cop to try to get the nuke called off and avoid NK by doc mongering!

Cut:Maybe as far as the scum goes.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #718 on: June 12, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »
also brb i have a haircut

« Reply #719 on: June 12, 2020, 02:25:01 PM »
You can fix the site problems by clearing your cache, I asked Tom about it earlier.