Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 473358 times)

Bardiche

• iSuck
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 2)
« Reply #630 on: June 10, 2020, 11:57:57 PM »
this was like mid d1, I'm supposed to have a clear read on everyone already?

Yes. Get all the reads, you waffle-iron.

2hrs to hammer and I'm gonna sleep so, I assume Nucleus will be around to hammer this home? More discussion in the mean time? Zwerdjib sings a swan song?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #631 on: June 11, 2020, 12:05:28 AM »
Im at work for the next hour and so, in case a hammer drops, but the rules allow Twilight discussion anyhow.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #632 on: June 11, 2020, 12:14:27 AM »
##Vote zwerdijib

Forgive me using an alt to hammer. At work.

If I don't die tonight I will nuke Yaersulf tomorrow. Can be convinced to nuke Dormio.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #633 on: June 11, 2020, 01:41:36 AM »
Hammer Shut Up!
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #634 on: June 11, 2020, 01:47:26 AM »
DEFCON 2, Lynch Phase
Vote Count Oscar

zwerdjib (6) - Dormio,  Raikaria, Serela, Zoomy Tsugumi, Yaersulf, Daiya, Zoomy Tsugumi, NucleusWaffles
Yaersulf (2) -  NucleusWaffles, zwerdjib, Raikaria, meow56, Zoomy Tsugumi
NucleusWaffles (1) - Yaersulf, Bardiche
Serela (0) - Bardiche
Raikaria (0) - Zoomy Tsugumi
meow56 (0) - Yaersulf
Bardiche (0) - Serela, Yaersulf
Zoomy Tsugumi (0) -
Beru (0) - 
Daiya (0) -
Dormio (0) -

Not Voting (3) - Beru, meow56

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

[ Expired ]

I still need a replacement for Beru

A full scale military attack was required to dismantle the operations of zwerdjib, American Air Base

It is now the DEFCON 2 Night Phase. Hostile factions may deploy Stealth Bombers. Deployed roles may send in night actions. The next phase will begin in 24 hours.

[ Expired ]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 02:51:09 AM by NekoNekoRex »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #635 on: June 12, 2020, 02:31:45 AM »
DEFCON 1
COCKED PISTOL

WASHINGTON (AP)- After an intense debate between President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladmir Putin over which sport of 'Football' is the better one, Trump blocked Putin through the social media website.

MOSCOW (RT)- сука блять

Beru, Russian Missile Silo was strategically bombed overnight.

DEFCON 1 is now in effect.
Nuclear War is imminent.

You have 5 days to decide on a lynch. With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

[ Expired ]

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)
« Reply #636 on: June 12, 2020, 02:34:52 AM »
##Nuke: NucleusWaffles

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #637 on: June 12, 2020, 02:40:24 AM »
I just want to say that I'm mad at myself for lynching Zwerd
Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back post-flip Zwerd was trying to give one last general hurrah after it became clear that it was virtually a 1v1
Compare this to Yaer who tried to approach the angle of "Lynch Zwerd first because the case relies on us being buddies", it was bargaining, it was a move to get the lynch away from him, knowing Zwerd wouldn't flip scum and would try to push the angle of "well we aren't connected, so"
Yaer absolutely needs to die today, whether it be by nuke or lynch.
But for now, all I can do is ##Vote:Yaersulf

I also would wager that Dormio has a high chance of being the last scum. He used Zwerd as an excuse to do very little else all game.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #638 on: June 12, 2020, 02:42:27 AM »
☢ In-Game Event ☢
DEFCON 1

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XR-213 , currently commanded by Dormio.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory . . .
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to NucleusWaffles.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate on Saturday, June 13, 10:34:52 PM EDT

[ Expired ]

« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2020, 02:43:15 AM »
Welp, I wasn't expecting that. I hadn't even considered that Zwerd would flip town.

Dormio you were gunning pretty hard for Zwerd, where do you think we should be looking next? Iirc you haven't done a proper reads list yet so now could be a good time for that now that there's a lot more information on the table?

Cut by 2

Daiya

• danse macabre
« Reply #640 on: June 12, 2020, 02:56:00 AM »
hi, not around to do much atm. i will, however, out myself as the sub. unsure if using another nuke today is that good of an idea, but consider it an option

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #641 on: June 12, 2020, 03:46:50 AM »
OK, so the SK killed a scum, and the bulletproof and blocker are both dead, so that means the doc must have successfully saved someone, and both them and their target can be safely assumed as confirmed town.

That doesn't necessarily mean they should be claiming right now, but, I just want them to realize that whenever they eventually do think it's time to claim, yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no reason both them and their target aren't practically confirmed town? I guess one could say "scum gambit!!" but even Serela Of The Gambits thinks that makes absolutely no sense in the context of this situation.

I'm also very tired and going to bed soon, so the real post comes later.

##Vote Bardiche

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #642 on: June 12, 2020, 03:55:45 AM »
i'm tempted to nuke bardiche because I don't think it's super likely I get enough people on board with lynching him anytime soon, but i should probably see what waffles flips first since bard was starting to prioritize him over even me, and also he could theoretically be the doc and i don't want to have to just recall my nuke and sob that i can't use it on anyone else

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #643 on: June 12, 2020, 03:59:53 AM »
eh then again i guess scum!bard could realistically move to 'bus' waffles because of the strong implication someone or another will probably nuke him d3 like dormio did, so it's not like putting him as top priority actually affected his survival chance in any significant way

hmm. maybe there isn't a point to waiting for waffle's flip if it's result isn't actually of any worthwhile impact on bard's potential alignment. it's good to frontload some nuke flips so we have more daylight left to discuss their results and factor them into our lynch, as well, as opposed to my nuke killing Bard with less than half a day left.

that being said i definitely want to ask bard if he's secretly the doc first because yeah there's no way in hell i'm nuking the doc who just saved someone

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #644 on: June 12, 2020, 04:00:43 AM »
also uh

waffles uh

are you the doc waffles

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2020, 04:02:21 AM »
since on the offchance waffles is miraculously the doc, dormio does still have like 23 hours during which he can cancel the nuke, and it'd be nice for the claim to happen with enough time left we can have everyone confirm waffles isn't lying

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #646 on: June 12, 2020, 05:26:22 AM »
As some of you may be able to deduce from the nuclear weaponry currently flying towards NuclearWaffles, I remain convinced that this is the most likely candidate to be the SK.

Anyway, since zwerdjib was somehow not scum, I need to reassess the situation.
I actually think that I dislike Zoomy a lot now as a result of zwerdjib's flip.
I feel like his switch to pushing zwerdjib's wagon was pretty opportunistic. It was only when zwerdjib started looking like a viable lynch during D2 that Zoomy started to really start pushing this case.
Though pushing is a bit of an overstatement. A lot of Zoomy's posts with regards to zwerdjib were sheeping my points and stating that zwerdjib was being useless during D2 (which were also things that I was saying).
I don't like how he immediately made a cover story for himself in his first post of D3, talking about how he regrets the lynch in hindsight and using this to immediately move to Yaersulf who Zoomy was pretty defensive of yesterday.
Like, for example, when I explained why Yaersulf was my preferred lynch out of the not-really-posting category, Zoomy's response was that they didn't really see it and thought Yaersulf was being newbtown.
Why is Yaersulf defending himself in the "1v1" between him and zwerdjib scummy and not newb!town?
Also what happened to the raikaria suspicion that you were gunning so heavily for.
Like I find it hard to believe that you would so easily drop everything related to raikaria in order to go for Yaersulf in light of my scumread flipping town.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2020, 05:29:37 AM »
##Vote: Zoomy Tsugumi

I forgot to include this in my last post.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #648 on: June 12, 2020, 05:40:03 AM »
Did you miss the whole part where I cased Yaer after rereading his ISO and finding something that seemed really sus?
I feel like that was a pretty natural progression of thought and I'm not sure how it can be made any clearer, everything I said on all those pages was train of thought thinking. And back to my original case of why Yaer being scum was because he was acting like he had knowledge beyond town's knowledge, that's still valid and even more damning knowing that Zwerd flipped town, so Yaer was acting even moreso than you're accusing myself of having him as a back pocket mislynch.

My Zwerd reads initially were townreading him D1, then getting unsure based on activity reads (which i openly stated I was feeling iffy about for a lot of people mid-D2), I also stated that I was basically sheeping you onto Zwerd because I felt like the game was stagnating and that it was not viable for me to keep pushing my best lynch candidate at the time and that somebody had to start compromising so I felt ok enough about the chances of Zwerd-scum to follow your vote onto it instead of continuing to push for Raik.

My Raik scumread still exists but I'm acting this way about Yaer because I feel like I got the ace in the hole for a scumtell, I am extremely gung ho about this and will genuinely die on this hill if I have to, there is no situation in my mind now where Yaer is town. Raik's someone I'm less confident on now, it's not been dropped but it's a 2nd/3rd priority now. I can't really feel super confident about him being in the same team as Yaer but because I'm not fully townreading him he's someone I'd want lynched/nuked before a lot of other people instead. tl;dr, I'm partially working via PoE reads at this point.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #649 on: June 12, 2020, 05:44:02 AM »
My Zwerd read was notably influenced by your opinions and also other people's and I admit to this, the Yaer tell and both their proceeding responses was my only real contribution to why I personally felt like Zwerd was scum, and this is why I'm annoyed at myself because I didn't trust my own instincts more and pushed harder for Yaer. I felt like the weird grandeur and sudden pushes of conviction from both of them immediately after was suspicious and I intentionally ignored a lot of what Zwerd said during that time because I felt as if it was a distraction.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #650 on: June 12, 2020, 05:46:19 AM »
Did you miss the whole part where I cased Yaer after rereading his ISO and finding something that seemed really sus?
I actually went back and looked through your ISO and I haven't seen this post before. I probably missed it due to work or something. Going to read through it in more detail now.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #651 on: June 12, 2020, 05:48:18 AM »
Anyway anyone wanting to read my ISO, i feel like my thoughts are all pretty clearly telegraphed and changed around there. To expect a townie to have fully consistent thoughts feels like a fallacy anyway so to be critiqued on the flip-floppy nature of my reads is a reach. To act like my behaviour around Yaer yesterday was 'defensive' when I made a notable big breakthrough in scumreading him halfway through the day is a reach.

The fact that you have chainsaw defended Yaer like this despite admitting at least a couple times yesterday that you agreed with my case on Yaer and that Yaer was individually scummy enough to consider lynching and that I was a sane townread for you is fishy as fire truck.
Not to mention that despite agreeing with my case yesterday to know what the reasoning was (that they seemed connected and Yaer was acting as if he had outside info) only to then go and misrep my behaviour around Yaer just now tells me this is a weak push to defend your buddy.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #652 on: June 12, 2020, 05:50:05 AM »
ok no i goofed too i reread your post and you didn't state the dislike of interactions to be because of my case specifically

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #653 on: June 12, 2020, 05:50:56 AM »
Either way, defending Yaer like this is sus as hell to me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #654 on: June 12, 2020, 05:56:42 AM »
See the main thing I have an issue with is how unnatural your dropping of raikaria feels right now.
Like, yes, I can see the progression with regards to building towards Yaersulf much more clearly now taking the post that I missed into consideration.
However, I don't like how you keep putting raikaria on the backburner despite him being your primary suspect.
It's as though you're saving a backup lynch target and I really don't like it.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #655 on: June 12, 2020, 05:59:58 AM »
OK, so the SK killed a scum, and the bulletproof and blocker are both dead, so that means the doc must have successfully saved someone, and both them and their target can be safely assumed as confirmed town.

This is my assumption as well; the Doc managed to block the scum nightkill. Although; why the SK would target Beru, who's slot had a legitimate chance of being modkilled is a little bit beyond me. Surely it would be in the SK's interest to target literally anyone else?

Anyway; I don't have much time before work, so I can't do too much right now.

> Warning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Wat

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #656 on: June 12, 2020, 06:00:23 AM »
See the main thing I have an issue with is how unnatural your dropping of raikaria feels right now.
Like, yes, I can see the progression with regards to building towards Yaersulf much more clearly now taking the post that I missed into consideration.
However, I don't like how you keep putting raikaria on the backburner despite him being your primary suspect.
It's as though you're saving a backup lynch target and I really don't like it.
the only person saying dropping is you, I've not said it's dropped, it's just lower priority.

If you had someone that's virtually confirmed scum in your mind, would you not be pushing hard for it and right out of the bat?
You should know this because you pushed for Zwerd all game even in the face of lynching other players who you agreed were scummy.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #657 on: June 12, 2020, 06:06:59 AM »
Also is it really scummy to have 3 scumreads when there's 2 scum and a SK left in the game lol

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #658 on: June 12, 2020, 06:23:06 AM »
Paranoia!Dorm is still having trouble getting over what I see as holding the raikaria lynch in reserve.
The other half of me does want to see a Yaersulf lynch due to him essentially doing nothing but poke and prod people all game and that paranoia!Dorm is simply that, paranoid.
That, and also your train of thought does make significantly more sense with the post I missed from yesterday.
Mmmm. Okay.
##Unvote
##Vote: Yaersulf

« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2020, 06:23:43 AM »
Zoomy and Dormio I'm curious, at this point who are your townreads? Seeing as you seem to be burning bridges and casting suspicion upon each other.