~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center
Lotus Eaters manga discussion thread
<< < (3/10) > >>
nintendonut888:
Something that hit me just now about this chapter: Spoiler: When Marisa was talking to Miyoi at Geidontei, she didn't seem to have any memory of what happened after she was captured in chapter 3. Granted, it's not entirely clear how much of that night was real, but at the very least I think it's safe to say things were at least real up to the point she was outed as a youkai. I wonder then if even memorable details like that fall out of the average person's mind? At least Reimu seems to remember who she is and why she is hallucinating.
7TC7:
I'm not sure where the genre tags for these manga come from, but from the first chapter the Thriller tag for this particular one really stood out to me. This manga is a lot darker and uncanny compared to previous ones I feel, while obviously also having drunken fun time. The dream visuals are much more imposing than anything we have seen in Touhou before - possibly because the monsters in those aren't cute girls but actual monstrosities for once and because they are shown to be nigh unbeatable. Previous manga had rare moments of the youkaines of particular characters slipping through their usual mask (which I always love, personally), but this time something nightmarish (literally) happens about every chapter.

As a reader, I have an incredibly strong distrust of everything Miyoi says and does. While Kasen's identity was a big mystery to noone in the readership and everyone in the manga, I feel like here we have a real mystery of a character waiting to be unpacked. The fact that for some reason everyone seems to forget everything about her, gives her a lot of freedom in regards to the mischief she could be making - though, the sadness of the fact also seems to be working on her. The way she tried to play it cool in chapter 4, when Marisa said she had completely forgotten about her hit quite hard.

Gotta wonder if at the end of it all, it will have just been a dream. *insert ballad of the wind fish*
Lebon14:
I just found out today that the first 3 chapters are now out for free.
ComicWalker: https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_KS04201360010000_68/
Touhou Garakuta: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3
Niconico Seiga: https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/comic/45296?track=verticalwatch_epinfo1

So that means, we can link to translations. I'll be updating the OP later.
Lebon14:
And the latest chapter is up.
Suspicious person:
THE MEAT IS SO RAW IT'S ACTUALLY FREAKING ALIVE !!!
                                                                                         - Gordon Ramsay, probably

Glad to see we seem to be getting back to the 2-chapters-an-arc approach, but still not sure yet what kind of direction this manga is gonna take nor what theme it would have besides food and booze.

The thing that weirded me the most in the latest chapter (5) is the mention of "mana". Like, I'm not even sure if something like that has been mentionned before. Is this like an actual thing in the past works cuz I cannot recall "mana" being mentionned in a work that came out the last decade ?! Cuz I find it weird that we'd get introduced to some kind of new energy that hasn't been properly explained before, or at the very least hear a never-used-before name for an energy ...

I also find it pretty interesting that Reimu is the only one that is able to remember Miyoi. Not sure if it's because of a yet-to-be revealed setting, or if its because of something Reimu did in the previous chapters

And may I mention that it's not cool how they're just cheating us out of a proper Master Spark
You can't just shout Master Spark and not do Master Spark

Anyway, if this manga is gonna keep staying on the food and dreams side of things, then I hope it'll bring us some Doremy or Sumireko goodness, and potentially some Mystia (that'd be cool). I personally would want there to be proper interaction between Miyoi and Suika. I feel like I knew much more of Kasen, Kosuzu, and the three fairies's personalities by the fifth chapter of their mangas than I do for Miyoi.

Entertaining read, but still a bit of a lightweight lore wise for now imo.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version