Author Topic: Touhou Dream Thread  (Read 25178 times)

Funbil

• Inspiration and love are the same feeling
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Steam
    • Linktree
Re: Touhou Dream Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2023, 10:33:20 AM »
That's super interesting. How far along in learning Japanese are you that you can speak it in your dreams? I find that trying to apply any learned skill I have in dreams makes me feel like I've suddenly forgotten everything about it. I've been playing the piano for over half my life, for example, and while there are dreams where I find myself playing the piano as competently as in real-life, the second I try to focus on what I'm actually playing and attempt to deliberately play any particular way, it all starts deteriorating. I've studied enough French and Japanese to be past what we might call any "preliminary phase" but I'm not comfortable enough with either for it to come more naturally than playing the piano. I wonder if languages are different somehow...?

aListers

• Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • aListers#4598
    • Steam
    • My Newgrounds
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2023, 08:05:08 PM »
That's super interesting. How far along in learning Japanese are you that you can speak it in your dreams? I find that trying to apply any learned skill I have in dreams makes me feel like I've suddenly forgotten everything about it. I've been playing the piano for over half my life, for example, and while there are dreams where I find myself playing the piano as competently as in real-life, the second I try to focus on what I'm actually playing and attempt to deliberately play any particular way, it all starts deteriorating. I've studied enough French and Japanese to be past what we might call any "preliminary phase" but I'm not comfortable enough with either for it to come more naturally than playing the piano. I wonder if languages are different somehow...?

I'm not actually very advanced in it admittedly. I have a B in GCSE Japanese as a grade but I actually wouldn't call myself conversational in it yet. I'm getting to the point where I can get the gist of a conversation by  listening to it though. I'm currently doing a course on Irodori with a small club of people. I'm on the first level of the course but it is being very useful.

I actually think I communicate in different languages in my dream because that has been the best form for me to learn in. The language I've had most success in learning was BSL (British Sign Language) and I learned that because of a VR chat community in which I talked to people for 1 hour exclusively in Sign Language. Because of that I've prepared my brain to try and get myself into semi-embarassing situations where I will give my best attempt to try and communicate in a language I'm learning. I also expect to get it wrong so I think that's why, although I often get the same thing as your piano skills, I will often try with what I can remember and that has varying results.

Goomba98

• The Kinda Chestnut-Looking Guy
  • In the process of getting a new lease on life.
    • TheGoomba98#9202
    • Steam
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2024, 02:42:03 PM »
Recently, I had a dream where I saw Koishie (i.e. numenoko's version of Koishi) playing Yoshi's Island, much like how this video shows her playing Donkey Kong Country. The version of YI I saw in my dream wasn't exactly the real game, though - it had new mechanics like pots with arrows on them that acted like DKC's barrel cannons, but you had to enter them like pipes.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2024, 08:45:46 PM »
I looked through my dream log and surprisingly I've never had dreams where I was in the Touhou universe, they're all me in real life, showing off Touhou or Touhou fangames to other people.

There were these two entries though which I found really amusing:

May ? (Day before touhou 19 demo)
Had a nightmare touhou 19 was a gacha mobile game lmfao
---
May 12
Another touhou 19 dream, don't remember the details but basically there were critical flaws preventing the game from being completed and lots of drama ensued.

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2024, 01:11:38 PM »
I had a dream last night, I can't seem to recall what it was about but it woke me up at 5am and the only thing I could recall was that Junko had something to do with it. This is like the second time it happened, why is Junko in my dreams? Maybe I should start keeping a dream dairy...

aListers

• Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • aListers#4598
    • Steam
    • My Newgrounds
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2024, 02:37:04 PM »
Multiple thing happened in my last dream but shortly after an incident where 2 kids stabbed me, Alice Margatroid appeared with guns. We then took a child on tour of the shopping centre we were in and I explained different aspects of Scotland and Scottish culture while on tour. We briefly saw a shop that Alice and Marisa had briefly tried to open up but had fallen into disrepair. I talked about the death of the high street and the economy to this child. Eventually we came across a noodle stand that served squid ink noodles. The stand was run by the child's rival so we had to beat her in a noodle eating challenge. We all took part but Alice kept my bowl refilled and we finished the noodles - winning the challenge. We then had to play a game to avenge the father of the rival but at that point Alice stopped making appearances.

Goomba98

• The Kinda Chestnut-Looking Guy
  • In the process of getting a new lease on life.
    • TheGoomba98#9202
    • Steam
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2024, 02:13:53 PM »
In my dream last night, there was a scene in a school building where one of the teachers was offering a first-come first-serve deal on free Deka Fumos as a reward for something I don't remember.

Another scene later on in the dream had me reading about a mod of Doom where the protagonist was a fusion of Sanae Kochiya and Sanae Dekomori from Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.

There was a third Touhou-related scene later on, but I don't even remember who it involved.

3/30 EDIT: Last night's dream had a scene with the Prismriver Sisters doing some vaguely GMod-esque squash-and-stretch action with their limbs. There was even some sensual stuff involving Merlin and some other Touhou girls wearing boots (I hope that's okay to at least mention here - I won't go into details 'cause I don't even remember the details).

4/5 EDIT: I remember even less of this dream, but I know it involved Satori, Orin, and Okuu and something about a store.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 04:29:43 PM by Goomba98 »