Author Topic: Neo RPG Mafia Thread (Current Game: Selery Mafia)  (Read 115366 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Neo RPG Mafia Thread (Current Game: Ys Mafia)
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2020, 06:08:13 PM »
Which post is being broken by emojis?
Oh i meant actual emojis not the forums ones.
😔

Conqueror

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2020, 06:09:30 PM »
Oh huh that posted. The preview for the post breaks though, It gives:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 06:14:01 PM »
Personally I think subbing period (irony alert) is bad for game health, due to various reasons.

AnonyMafia tends to be nice because you don't get personal attacks, or meta arguments. It's difficult as a new player to adapt if you make a case that's legit in your eyes but everyone dismisses you because "it's this player's meta."

In AnonyMafia, we have no meta. All are equal(ly scummy).

Conqueror

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2020, 06:58:53 PM »
You got me vigged lol I think you won the battle though I suppose we both lost the war.
what game is this referring to, i can't think of it

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2020, 10:46:37 PM »
what game is this referring to, i can't think of it

Villains Anonymafia, the first MotK game I played. Kilga got the vig (SB?) to kill me in a hidden networker chat. But in classic MotK fashion the town threw the game to the SK. Can't remember who the SK was.

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2020, 11:23:14 PM »
The way I remember it, that was my first mafia game, and Prims still figured out everyone was.

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2020, 12:02:13 PM »
By the by, put me down for COVID-19 Mafia.

It's a 7-9 player setup where being lynched means to win! If all scum are lynched, scum win. If townies manage to reach parity with amount of scum left, town wins!

It's the novel game type where, finally, we lynch the towniest. Coming to a Shrinemaiden dotcom near you in The Future®

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 01:48:50 PM »
Obligatory "I thought that was every game on MotK"

If nothing else, it'll be a breath of fresh air when people have to be active to win. Er, kinda. Maybe lynching lurkers'd be good, cuz scum'd want to actively look town, no?

Either way it'll be fun.

Or a trainwreck.

Possibly both.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2020, 03:52:34 PM »
Hi, I would like to be hosting a

{{Everyone is a Vigilante, Scum has Two Guns mafia}}

This is a semi-open setup, but entries must roleplay as Touhou chracters.

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »
That sounds hilarious.

Conqueror

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »
Are we talking nightvigs or dayvigs for the ultimate meme setup.

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2020, 02:40:46 PM »
I am also looking for a co-mod for the {{Everyone is a vigilante, scum has two guns}} mafia.

I have drafted up a set-up, which I am looking for somebody to review and resolve balance issues together.

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2020, 03:01:13 PM »
It isn't self-explanatory?

Send me a PM

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2020, 03:18:55 PM »
Bam and done.

Tom

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2020, 10:35:54 PM »
I'd be down for a game where we roleplay instead of relying purely on meta and past games

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2020, 02:14:26 AM »
In case it comes up given recent posts, to be clear if we ever get on-site Anon games running here, Touhou character names would not be allowed (see fourth bullet point here). Using one's normal account and account name to RP a Touhou is fine; having an account name that is a canon Touhou name is not.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2020, 05:45:43 PM »
Throwing down an application to host Silent Mafia. I am willing to tweak some of this, but will not budge on the total lack of interpersonal contact. It's Silent Mafia for a reason!

Mechanics/Rules

Universal

* No posting in the game thread
* No outside contact with other players (this includes the scum faction)
* Game starts on Night 0

Day

* Lynches are compulsory
* Lynches are by plurality
* All players vote by sending me a forum PM
* Votes can be changed any time before end of day, but must include an unvote reminding me of who the previous vote was for
* Day ends when I declare in the thread that all votes have been cast
* Votes are not made public until the end of the day, and only each person's final vote target will be publicized
* After 24 hours, anyone that has not voted will be considered voting for themselves
* If a day ends with multiple people tied for the most votes, the game will enter a Sudden Death period where voting is still allowed, and the first person to obtain a plurality will be lynched
* Roles are flipped

Night

* 24 hours long
* Scum faction kill is compulsory
* Scum faction kill is determined by each living scum PMing me their kill choice; if there is a majority, that person is chosen, otherwise the kill is chosen randomly among the submitted choices
* Scum will be informed of each other's kill choices once the kill is decided
* After 24 hours, any scum that has not submitted a kill choice will be considered choosing themselves

Roles

3 Vanilla Goons

* Standard scum infantry
* Know each other's identities

9 Vanilla Townies

* Standard town infantry

1 All-Knowing Seer

* Knows the identity of the entire scum faction

1 All-Knowing Seer Backup

* Becomes All-Knowing Seer if All-Knowing Seer is killed Night 0; is Vanilla Townie otherwise
* Does not know they are All-Knowing Seer Backup
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:47:54 PM by Kilgamayan »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2020, 08:52:14 PM »
/in for Silent Mafia

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2020, 01:16:54 AM »
I can break this setup, we use morse code and player names to spell our messages.

It will be a 900 page long hugfest but it will be glorious.

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2020, 03:23:06 AM »
in, seems fun and low effort

I died in the Actual Mafia Game so I took a shot at simulating this to determine some strategy/results since I was bored.

SIMULATION RULESET 1
1. Seer (and backup if/when they become a seer) votes for a different scum every day they are alive.
2. If the seer (or backup after they become a seer) die, town successively lynches scum equal to the amount of day phases the seer/backup were alive.
3. If the seer/backup have not died and/or the town has run out of "guilties", the town lynches randomly.
4. Mafia shoot randomly every night.

Rule 2 may not be 100% given, since it's possible that town splits the vote among several scum while scum consolidate to lynch a townie. But given scum also can't coordinate it's fairly unlikely this will happen I think.

Anyways, under this ruleset, town wins 55-60% of the time. If I add an extra townie, the winrate goes up to 65-70%, as you might expect. However, if I remove a townie the winrate also goes up to 65-70%. I'm guessing this is because it increases the odds that the seer flips and gives town one or more guilties. Removing another townie flips the odds to scum winning 55-60% of the time though; I'm guessing at this point the scum number advantage is just too great.

Seems fairly clear from this that rather than shooting randomly, the mafia should purposely aim to NOT kill the seer. This should be fairly easy if all mafia make sure to choose a kill target that voted for a townie.

SIMULATION RULESET 2
1. Seer (and backup if/when they become a seer) votes for a different scum every day they are alive.
2. If the seer (or backup after they become a seer) die, town successively lynches scum equal to the amount of day phases the seer/backup were alive.
3. If the seer/backup have not died and/or the town has run out of "guilties", the town lynches randomly.
4. Mafia never shoot the seer, or the backup once they become a seer. Their kill is otherwise random among the vanillas.

Under this ruleset, scum win 60-65% of the time. If I add another townie however, winrate flips and town win 50-55% of the time. The numbers I tested that ended up closest to a 50/50 winrate were 10 town and 2 scum.

So then the determining factor is how random the lynches really are even with no talking. Can scum reduce the odds of scum being lynched by making sure to avoid voting scum? But does this make it easier for town to actually determine who scum is if one does get lynched? But then do scum choose to bus? etc etc add whatever levels of wifom you want

I spent way too much time on this so this game better fire trucking run

BigBangMeteor

• The Professor
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2020, 03:28:13 AM »
hahaha gg I just read the rule that says the game starts on N0 so actually all the numbers up there are wrong

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
Re: Neo RPG Mafia Thread (Current Game: N/A)
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »
Rimworld Mafia coming soon. I may need someone to check the setup for me. Be warned it will not be a standard game.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2020, 11:12:55 AM »
I don't understand NNR, he's honestly so mad, but the games he run are mad with style. Looking forward to this.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »

Mafia

Semi-Open Setup Game
-This game is highly experimental and unlikely to be balanced!
-13 Colonists (Players). 11 Town. 2 Scum.
-Mood Management. All Colonists have a Mood, ranging from 6 to -6.
--When mood becomes negative, a player will have Mental Breaks, inflicting penalties ranging from Post Restrictions to outright game removal at -6.
-Defense Management. Certain roles will be needed to defend the colonists from raids. Failure to do so will result in bad things for Town.
-Power roles are represented as Skills. Colonists may only make use of one Skill per night.
-Scum are compensated by their low numbers by having other means to remove Town via sabotage of resource management. Scum get extra actions at night.
-The colony being destroyed through means of Tantrum Spiral or being overwhelmed by Raids is considered a Scum Victory.

Semi-Random Setup
-Each player, before the game starts, is given a choice, in secret, of two Randomly Generated Colonists. Choices will have different Skills and Traits (which add minor bonuses/maluses). All choices will be given a certain amount of balance.
--Scum will gain certain bonuses or actions with their chosen skills in addition to being able to collaborate on their colonist picks (and will have more skilled colonists overall).
Code: [Select]
Colonist Skills: (Scum uses listed second)
Animals - Build/Sabotage defenses
Artistic - Mood Manipulation
Construction - Build/sabotage defenses
Cooking - Mood manipulation
Crafting - May be used as a backup for another Skill if disabled.
Medical - Doctor, Roleblocker
Melee - +1 Raid Defense, Ninja
Mining - Skill Unblock, Skill Block
Intellectual - Action Cop
Plants - Mood manipulation
Shooting - +1 Raid Defense, Strongman
Social - Votes worth 2 (Disabled LYLO)

Semi-Random Game!
-Rimworld Mafia is co-hosted by Randy Random
-Randy doesn't follow rules. He'll generate random events (every 24 hours), and he doesn't care if they make a story of triumph or utter hopelessness. It's all drama to him.

Game Rules
1 -Being the Host, what I say goes. I reserve the right to edit the rules or the setup at any time to ensure it's less of a trainwreck for everyone.
2 -Do not directly quote communications with the host. This includes screenshots and images sent by the host. If you are not sure if it is okay, ask me first.
3 -Do not talk about the game outside of the thread. This includes dead players. The only exception is host-sanctioned communication (ie the scum's chat, the graveyard, PMing the host) and single-player private notes (ie a thoughts quicktopic shared with the host only)
4 -Do not edit or delete posts.
5 -Days are 72 hours. Nights are 24 hours. Players may not speak in the thread at night without permission.
6 -Votes must be in bold and with ##s ie ##Vote: Neko. You must ##Unvote before switching votes.
7 -A lynch will occur on the player with the most votes, regardless of number. Votes not made are not counted.
--A Hammer (vote majority of players) will end the day early (for brevity) but this will not prevent Random Events from spawning.
--Players may elect to ##Vote: No Lynch-tan instead to force no lynch. This may have consequences for Town.
8 -Being prodded 3 times is grounds for a modkill. The first prod will be given after 24 hours of inactivity. Each prod you receive will reduce the amount of time you have before you receive another prod by 6 hours.
9 -Failure to follow above rules is grounds for a modkill.

Other Rules
1 -This game is meant to be chaotic and whacky. Don't take it to seriously and try to enjoy it!
2 -Be Cool and Be Nice to other players. Likewise try not to take things other players say too seriously. It's a game of paranoia and people can find any reason to be suspicious of you.
3 -Do not be lame. The setup is semi-open, that is not an invitation to try and break or metagame it.

Signups
Canceled. It was too soon.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:17:22 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2020, 08:49:48 PM »
oh good lord

Bardiche

• iSuck
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2020, 09:25:43 PM »
hay guys i heard u liek party games

so i put a party game inside ur party game

so you can game while you game

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2020, 10:07:43 PM »
After that first game of mafia I've been left hungry for more, and this sounds like exactly my kind of bullstrawberries.

Sign me up!

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2020, 10:20:39 PM »
The mere mention of a 'Tantrum Spiral' makes my inner Dwarf Fortress player churn.

/in.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NucleusWaffles

Re: Neo RPG Mafia Thread (Current Game: Rimworld Mafia)
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2020, 12:34:28 AM »
/in