|~Reimu's Rules~ > Forum Rules
|Forum Rules & TOS
|Eiki Shiki Yamaxanadu:
Forum RulesA set of guidelines to keep the community satisfied
* Registration Guidelines
* Protected names
Non-reserved usernames of members from the old forum are protected under this rule. If your current username has been registered by someone else make request via Forum PM on the old forum and we will change the account's password to one you request . This means that if you wrongly register a protected username your account will be given away to its rightful owner!
If your username is taken please refrain from registering an alt on the new forums and wait warmly for the Admins to grant access to the account in question.
* Creative usernames please
Usernames that exactly match official Touhou characters or terminology (for example, "Reimu", "Reimu Hakurei", "Marisa", "Marisa Kirisame") are reserved. Variations on their names are fine to use.
Your username is your chance to come up with something creative, we don't need a 5th "Reimu Hakurei"!
* Content Guidelines
* No spamming
You don't like spam in your mailbox and neither do we! We do not track post count so trying to inflate it with one-word or otherwise non constructive comments is useless and makes real information more difficult to find.
* A word on Advertising
If you have created a tangible or intangible product (ex. doujin, game, strategy guide etc) you believe is in the direct interest of this community you are welcome to create a thread to inform of its existence. Remember, be persuasive not spammy and remember "No pics, no clicks!". Competitions or Events hosted on other communities are welcome, however advertising other communities for the sake of advertising them is not. When in doubt consult with the staff for possible affiliation with the Maidens of the Kaleidoscope and partner networks for promotion.
* Work-safe materials only!
Posted materials must be work-safe. (This includes text!). Non work safe materials may not be attached, embedded or linked to in posts!
Rumia's Party Games and Patchouli's Scarlet Library are partially exempt from this rule and may use very light NSFW writing provided such scenes do not constitute the majority of the plot and should always be enclosed in spoiler tags prefixed with (NSFW).
* Use the correct subforum and check sticky topics
It's easier for everyone to find threads they are interested in that way. If you believe a thread is in the wrong subforum use the Report functionality to notify the staff to move it (it helps to include the subforum you believe to be the correct one).
Additionally if it's your first time posting in a particular subforum please check its stickies, chances are someone has asked a similar question before and the answer is just a few clicks away.
* Proper English helps get the message across
There are users from around the world and for many English is a second language, so slang might not translate well. There is a built-in spell checker, please use it before submitting your posts.
This forum is equipped with a word filter that replaces some words with silly alternatives, you can disable it for your account in the Profile -> Look and Layout settings under "Leave words uncensored". Preventing filtered words from being replaced isn't allowed.
* Personal Information
We advise all members to stay safe and not disclose any personally identifying or sensitive information over the service, this also applies to Forum PMs. The staff will never ask for your name, address, credit card etc., if you receive messages requesting such information from other members or members claiming to be staff you are advised to ignore them and report the incident to a Moderator or Administrator. Revealing any individual's personal information is not allowed, such posts will be deleted and their authors banned permanently.
* Technical Guidelines
* Bandwidth discretion
Please refrain from embedding images larger than 640x480px and 150kB per image and thumbnail or link to them instead. Large embeds slow page load times, especially on large threads. Additionally please be mindful of users on metered connections who are being charged by the megabyte to download images they might have little interest in.
* Image hosting and Attachments
Please do not embed images directly from third party websites unless it's your server(s), instead mirror them, attach them or use an image hosting service. The web constantly changing and broken links benefit no-one.
This forum supports attaching files directly to posts, feel free to use this to share replays, code, scripts and other data. Attaching images is not allowed (unless images are related to code/scripts/data) since images can easily be hosted externally on your own servers or a image hosting utility. The RP section is exempt from this restriction (file size limits still apply)
Signatures should not draw away attention from your threads or post, as it defeats the purpose of it being a signature. Thus the use of animated images in signatures is not allowed.
* No linking/attaching copyrighted or illegal materials
No posting links to websites which distribute copyrighted content. Discussion or naming said websites is fine though, just no links or advertising please!.
Additionally no linking to websites whose content itself is considered illegal in the United States.
Rules subject to change
* Communities change over time, if you believe something isn't addressed properly or needs to be added or removed please let us know by creating a thread in Resurrection Butterfly.
* Punishments are not retroactive, meaning that if a new rule is instated all "violations" prior to its creation will be forgiven.
* Corrections can apply retroactively, for example if a user profile or post violates the new rules it can be edited or removed by the Staff (the user won't be punished for it).
* You agree to follow the latest revision of these rules if you wish to continue using the website and services.
|Eiki Shiki Yamaxanadu:
Terms of ServiceRules for keeping the service out of trouble
* You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
* Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
* You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
* You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username and display name. We advise that you keep the name appropriate as the administrators reserve the right to change account names. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
* After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and appropriate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inappropriate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
* Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
* Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.
* Use of the service and its subsidiaries is a privilege, not a right and the staff reserves the right to remove anyone and anything at any time for any reason.
| Message Index