Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 05:04:51 PM

Title: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 05:04:51 PM
(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/311702180945985547/460912484706942976/murasaquest.png)

>YOU ARE MINAMITSU MURASA! Everyone’s favorite nautical disaster!
>You are, to put it bluntly, dead. You’ve been that way most of your life, really and are used to it. In particular, you died at sea, and spent a good long time haunting and sinking ships. But that was a long time ago and you don’t do that sort of thing anymore. Not in any sense that counts… These days, you inhabit the Myouren Temple, doing your best to adhere to its brand of buddhism. You aren’t the best monk, to be honest, but you do your best and that earns you praise enough. Realistically, you tend to do various jobs around the temple, or sometimes work in the clinic in Former Hell. Other times to you wander about, sometimes inviting yourself to drop in the various manors in Gensokyo when they’ll have you.
>Today began like any other day, but you’ve been feeling...strange. As a ghost, there’s some things that just bother you. You do not like the direction north, you try not to sit facing that way, you don’t like having to walk further north than the temple. Higan is that way, and you are not ready. Funerals and such fascinate you, and you can’t say why, so too do ghost stories. It’s not uncommon for you to be drawn toward a little get-together on summer nights and scare the people there. And there’s boats...best not to think about those. You make model ones, sometimes... But today...today is different. There’s something in the air, something that sinks down to your bones… It’s set your teeth on edge.
>The strangeness you've experienced seems to manifest in you randomly getting drug into some other world, which resembles Gensokyo buried under and ocean. You have roamed around human town and the hakurei shrine, trying to find someone who could help you understand this. Sadly, at this point, most people who might know something are either not to be found, or simply have only guesses to offer. The most concrete advice you'd managed to get is from Reimu, who suggests that it might be some kind of dream-related thing, and suggested that you find Doremy Sweet to help you out.
>This turned out to be a challenge, as Doremy comes and goes as she likes, requiring you to ultimately track down a tengu journalist to get an idea where to look. During this, yo ended up encountering Tojiko, who witnessed you disappear firsthand, and has decided to try and assist you out of a sense of ghostly solidarity. With the advice of Hatate, you managed to track down Doremy to Eientei, where you arrived in time to find it under attack from a pair of dancers who were in the process of kidnapping the baku. You attempted to stop them, but were untimely drug into the ocean world again. That time, you met someone there, a sort of ghostly jellyfish entity that identified itself as Stargazer. You attempted to bring her back with you, but have no idea if you succeeded. Returning to Eientei, you found that Doremy had been taken, but thanks to your efforts you were able to catch one of the dancers, identified as Mai.
>Interrogating Mai, you learned that she worked for Okina, the hidden god, and that being captured and separated from her sister was causing her her great distress. Eventually taking pity on her, you decided to take her in exchange for an opportunity to speak with Okina on the matter.
>Okina, you found, was sending her two dancers to hopefully persuade Doremy to assist in dealing with a mental deterioration the pair had been undergoing. The dancer misinterpreted her orders, or perhaps simply decided on their own to kidnap Doremy, complicating things. Okina agreed, as a way to set things right with you and with Eientei, to refer you to Yukari; as a god of hidden things she was unwilling to do much more. You and Tojiko split up briefly, as the other ghost went to smooth things over with Eientei. Okina delivered you to the Yukari's doorstep, which resulted in a brief tussle with Chen. Afterward, you were invited in, and spoke with a Yukari who was doing her best not to look perturbed at the world.
>The discussion did not produce as much as you might hope; just some sense that something was going wrong on a larger scale. She did say what was happening shouldn't be happening, at least. She claimed to have a few theories, but didn't seem to want to commit any. She did reveal that Stargazer managed to come with you, in a sense, but needed a vessel to possess in order to really come back with you. To help with that, she provided a plant that Patchouli would later call a cactus for the odd spirit to possess. Then she sent you on your way to deliver a message to Sakuya.
>You delivered the message, whose contents were a mystery but Sakuya seemed to take very seriously. You visited Patchouli briefly, but concluded it was too soon for her to help you. Leaving the mansion, you saw Sakuya leave and then journeyed northward on your own. After a brief stop at Kourindou, now under Nazrin's management, you went back to town to rendezvous with Tojiko, and found her in an argument with Shou, who thought she was up to something. After setting that right and briefly visiting Byakuren to update her on things, you decided to have lunch with Tojiko. This went well, save that you were drug back into the ocean world again. Stargazer was there again, and you were able to get her to possess the cactus successfully before returning to Gensokyo once more and finishing lunch with Tojiko.
>The two of you then journeyed toward Scarlet Devil Mansion, determined to start trying to find something in the library. Along the way, you managed to coax Stargazer from her cactus, and was surprised to find her jellyfish-like form had changed to a more mammalian one, which she seemed to be very pleased with. Asking her about the ocean world and events in it, you were not able to learn much, it seems her recollection was not very strong. Eventually she directed you toward trees, and your suggestion about a specific type of tree sparkled some kind of a memory within her, though not enough for her to tell you anything.
>Moving onto the mansion itself, Stargazer hid herself away before entering. Speaking with Patchouli about Stargazer, she suggests that she looks a lot like Keine's youkai form, which seems obvious in retrospect. You and Patchouli, alos with Tojiko, worked to narrow down your problem with little headway, aside from Patchouli moving away from it being the work of some ancient unknowable entity. She devised a way to measure your experiences, but requires a blessed leaf to do so. You then went to visit Keine, and learned that Stargazer used to be a manifestation of her youkai nature that was separated from her at one point. In theory, she shouldn't exist independently anymore, but it seems that she retained enough will to do so.
>Following Keine's advice, you went to find Utsuho, who also knew a lot about Stargazer, and tracked her to Youkai mountain where she was attending the kappas' university. While she did not have much useful to add, she did seem to buoy Stargazer's spirits considerably. While on the Mountain, at the suggestion of Hina, you went to the Moriya Shrine to try and obtain a blessed lily pad for Patchouli's use. Suwako agreed to this, and shared what she could observe about your condition; in particular she described it as you having a foot snared someplace else, being drug in by some force that she could only describe as newish or youngish, and vaguely familiar but not quite.
>Thus informed, you returned to Patchouli. providing her with the leaf and allowing her to empower a gem that would read the watery world. On her urging, you tried to force yourself into that world, and found you can do so without too much effort. You obtained a reading for Patchouli while exploring the flooded Scarlet Devil Mansion and surroundings, then returned back to Gensokyo. After a brief argument with Meiling about your authenticity, having already entered once, you returned to the library and gave the gem to Patchouli. Upon analyzing it, she found that it showed the flooded world seemed to be entirely fake; describing it as a paper filled with zeroes. After some looking, she managed to some tiny bit of substance, but she didn't know what.
>Needing guidance, you returned home to the Myouren Temple and spoke with Byakuren, convincing her to let you have some temple funds. Tojiko spoke with her mistress in the meantime, but turned up little but well wishes. You were then approached by Okina's dancer, who told you the baku was mostly awake. She brought you to Okina's realm, where you learned that Okina blamed Doremy's situation on your own desperation. Despite this, Doremy heard you out and offered her own insights that whatever you were experiencing was not a dream, and hypothesized it might be memories, which would be unusual in her experience.
>Reporting this to Yukari, after leaving Tojiko to deal with her cat, she agreed it was unusual. You also probed more deeply into Stargazer's experiences with trees, learning little, and trying to sort out her experiences between leaving Keine and coming to flooded Gensokyo, which seemed to be generally unpleasant. The two of you decided the best next step would be to take a more formal exploration of the flooded gensokyo, accompanied by Sakuya who arrived mid conversation and reported that there were no irregularities in the flow of the deceased. Upon returning to the flooded world, the three of you decided it would be best to examine the Forest of Magic.
>Eventually, you found trees that simply were not native to Gensokyo, a small grove of them, which gave you a bad feeling as you approached them. After gathering the others, you decided it would be best to head back to Gensokyo and do a few final things. This included getting back a spellcard you had traded away, which one Kagerou had since obtained and required you to trade away a Ship in a Bottle for. You gathered Shou and Tojiko to help with the effort, and with Sakuya the four of you went between the trees.
>You found yourself in a strange place, flooded with marble floors and red curtains; littered with outer world trash that had been waterlogged. Roaming it, you quickly found Shou had passed out somehow, and that Sakuya was locked in a bitter struggle with an unseen opponent whose places she kept switching with whenever she got an advantage. You found a doppelganger of yourself, reawakening memories of a time when Gensokyo was taken to the Outside World and history was different. Fleeing at first, you eventually demonstrated perfect courage and vanquished her, then journeyed toward the center of this strange place.
>There you found sensations of life in the human village that slowly overwhelmed your own senses, until you sudden blacked out and found yourself struggling to retain control of yourself as a vast yet basic entity engulfed your being. Working through its strange though processes, you have discovered it was the memories of the ocean, awakened when it was brought to Gensokyo during the safesame incident that resulted in Gensokyo being in the Outside World. As near as you can tell, the memories of life in the human village had agitated it to a kind of wakefulness. Now you are tied to it, at least for the moment.

> ...
> Oh piss.
> Either we stay here forever
> or we bring it back with us.
> That's what we're looking at, isn't it?

>If you cannot separate yourself or do something else, that may be what happens. And were you to press into Gensokyo as you are now...it would likely be catastrophic.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2022, 05:18:46 PM
> But we can't even find our original body anymore! How would we even get ourselves back to- oh.
> Right.
> The whole 'being able to freely switch between normal and flooded Gensokyo' thing.
> Yeah, that would mondo suck for everything and everyone, wouldn't it. Drowning everyone without them first being on a ship for us to capsize. Blech, that's just unthinkable!

> Okay. Okay okay okay. We may suddenly be a giant mass of water instead of the most pulchritudinous ghost this side of Japan, but we're still at least a Buddhist monk. In training. But that's okay! We're...a sufficiently satisfactory student of the best teacher ever!
> Perhaps thinking about this Formless One's stain in any sort of physical sense has been a bit self-misleading. Our regular physical form is gone, and it doesn't have one to begin with. But it's still attached to us somehow, attached to our sense of self...which means it's more of a spiritual stain on us, right? Does that seem Buddhistically reasonable?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 05:42:38 PM
> But we can't even find our original body anymore! How would we even get ourselves back to- oh.
> Right.
> The whole 'being able to freely switch between normal and flooded Gensokyo' thing.
> Yeah, that would mondo suck for everything and everyone, wouldn't it. Drowning everyone without them first being on a ship for us to capsize. Blech, that's just unthinkable!

> Okay. Okay okay okay. We may suddenly be a giant mass of water instead of the most pulchritudinous ghost this side of Japan, but we're still at least a Buddhist monk. In training. But that's okay! We're...a sufficiently satisfactory student of the best teacher ever!
> Perhaps thinking about this Formless One's stain in any sort of physical sense has been a bit self-misleading. Our regular physical form is gone, and it doesn't have one to begin with. But it's still attached to us somehow, attached to our sense of self...which means it's more of a spiritual stain on us, right? Does that seem Buddhistically reasonable?

>That seems plausible. You aren't certain that's correct at this point, but it's a model to work from.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2022, 05:45:31 PM
> Let's use that as a starting point for our meditative ideas, then.
> Because we are totes a Buddhism expert, refresh our own memory on Buddhism's approach to spiritual impurities, such as they are.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 06:56:48 PM
> Let's use that as a starting point for our meditative ideas, then.
> Because we are totes a Buddhism expert, refresh our own memory on Buddhism's approach to spiritual impurities, such as they are.

>This is a complicated question, and there's a variety of ideas about it. But the short, generalized version would be that they are the result of attachments that have become particularly foul or unhealthy. This gets a bit complicated when extrapolated to youkai, given what youkai usually are.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2022, 07:12:38 PM
> Hrm. That wouldn't really apply here, would it? This thing is a foul attachment in a far more literal sense than what we usually deal with...
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 07:29:42 PM
> Hrm. That wouldn't really apply here, would it? This thing is a foul attachment in a far more literal sense than what we usually deal with...

>You don't think it would apply directly, at least.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2022, 07:40:54 PM
> Hmm.
> Let's sit here, or float here, or whatever it is we do as a physical existence now, and meditate for a while. A shame focused breathing isn't really an option at the moment...
> While we are meditating, dwell on the behavior of the stain, if it feels like it's (spiritually) growing larger or smaller, and see also if we can't eventually control it somehow via its connection to us.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 08:33:05 PM
> Hmm.
> Let's sit here, or float here, or whatever it is we do as a physical existence now, and meditate for a while. A shame focused breathing isn't really an option at the moment...
> While we are meditating, dwell on the behavior of the stain, if it feels like it's (spiritually) growing larger or smaller, and see also if we can't eventually control it somehow via its connection to us.

>As near as you can tell...the stain doesn't seem to be changing. You don't think it's a particularly active thing. It certainly didn't feel malicious while you were experiencing it?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2022, 08:36:16 PM
> Okay, mental recap: Do we think the stain and the Formless One are related, if not the same thing?
> If we do not think the stain and the Formless One are related, what do we think the stain actually is? The memories, or something else?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 09:15:54 PM
> Okay, mental recap: Do we think the stain and the Formless One are related, if not the same thing?
> If we do not think the stain and the Formless One are related, what do we think the stain actually is? The memories, or something else?

>You don't think they're related.
>You aren't certain what, precisely, has happened. But from what it feels like, the stain is composed of those memories and sensations of life in Human Town that you encountered. The presence of them seems to be a problem for the water that you've taken to calling the Formless One; an irritant.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2022, 09:38:18 PM
> Hmm, okay, maybe we'll let the stain be, then.
> How do we feel The Formless One is attached to us, again?
> Can we tell why it seems to be taking gradually less and less control of us?
> Do we think we are capable of ceding control to it temporarily?
> We shifted our focus inward several times to find the stain. What do we think might happen if we shifted it outward several times?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 18, 2022, 11:11:56 PM
> Hmm, okay, maybe we'll let the stain be, then.
> How do we feel The Formless One is attached to us, again?
> Can we tell why it seems to be taking gradually less and less control of us?
> Do we think we are capable of ceding control to it temporarily?
> We shifted our focus inward several times to find the stain. What do we think might happen if we shifted it outward several times?

>You aren't sure how it's attached.
>You think you're less confused now, more centered.
>You probably could, but it's hard to tell how long it would take you to regain control.
>That's a question you cannot answer at this time.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 18, 2022, 11:29:33 PM
> Shift our focus outward several times.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 12:07:06 AM
> Shift our focus outward several times.

>You focus outward, and you feel...nothing? Is there nothing here? You're sure Yukari would have some irritating explanation for that.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 12:20:27 AM
> Uh.
> ...
> ...do we at least feel ourselves?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 12:46:55 AM
> Uh.
> ...
> ...do we at least feel ourselves?

>As much as you have up until this point, at least.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 12:50:09 AM
> If we can feel ourselves, then surely something must be containing us and preventing us from spilling everywhere, right?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 12:56:55 AM
> If we can feel ourselves, then surely something must be containing us and preventing us from spilling everywhere, right?

>Presumably. But you have no idea what.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 01:04:14 AM
> Back inward, then. Let's hunt down that Curtained Hallway again.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 01:12:47 AM
> Back inward, then. Let's hunt down that Curtained Hallway again.

>You are able to find it reasonably quickly. You think you're getting reasonably used to this.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 01:13:30 AM
> Shift our focus around for other rooms we might recognize.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 03:31:42 AM
> Shift our focus around for other rooms we might recognize.

>You look through the Curtained Rooms, and you find some familiar pieces of Outside World refuse here and there, but little else.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 03:35:48 AM
> Just to be certain, these are the rooms we traveled through in the first place to become one with the water?
> And we still do not feel anything shaped like a Shou, a Tojiko, a Sakuya, or a Yukari?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 04:28:10 AM
> Just to be certain, these are the rooms we traveled through in the first place to become one with the water?
> And we still do not feel anything shaped like a Shou, a Tojiko, a Sakuya, or a Yukari?

>Yes. At least as certain as you can possibly be right now. But you've very certain.
>You do not.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 04:34:51 AM
> Huh.
> Hmm.
> ...
> Spend some meditation time dwelling on what's available to us for possibly getting home safely.
> Spend some meditation time dwelling on how we can separate ourselves from the water and this entity, given what we have learned so far.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 04:52:28 AM
> Huh.
> Hmm.
> ...
> Spend some meditation time dwelling on what's available to us for possibly getting home safely.
> Spend some meditation time dwelling on how we can separate ourselves from the water and this entity, given what we have learned so far.

>As far as getting home safely, you recall that Yukari said she would get everyone out. And...you have no idea how long it's been since then. Hopefully that's where everyone else is. As for yourself...it's hard to say.
>You aren't sure how you can separate yourself. The fact that you can't find your own body probably suggest two things; that Yukari took it or that it has been sublimated into water. The former seems unlikely; a youkai's body and spirit are not so easily separated.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 04:57:23 AM
> How would such a sublimation work, then?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 05:08:14 AM
> How would such a sublimation work, then?

>You have no idea, this isn't really your field.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 05:10:45 AM
> Ponder what options we have other than (a) return to Gensokyo and catastrophically flood it, and (b) wait here for someone to maybe eventually come rescue us, assuming we don't cease to exist before that happens.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 05:25:25 AM
> Ponder what options we have other than (a) return to Gensokyo and catastrophically flood it, and (b) wait here for someone to maybe eventually come rescue us, assuming we don't cease to exist before that happens.

>You can see a couple ways out of this. One is to separate yourself and escape. Another is to find another place to flow to. You aren't certain if that's all of your options.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 05:30:21 AM
> How would we separate ourselves?
> What other options are there to flow to that would not also cause a catastrophe?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 06:44:19 AM
> How would we separate ourselves?
> What other options are there to flow to that would not also cause a catastrophe?

>You'll have to figure that out on your own, you suppose.
>...Hm. The water seems to want to flow outward.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 10:52:22 AM
> ...How can we tell what the water wants?
> Are we sure this is the water's desire and not the Formless One's?
> Do we know what is 'outward' from here?
> Do we know how to get 'outward'?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 06:55:59 PM
> ...How can we tell what the water wants?
> Are we sure this is the water's desire and not the Formless One's?
> Do we know what is 'outward' from here?
> Do we know how to get 'outward'?

>It's what you remember from it...you're not sure it took control, but when it was in control.
>You are pretty sure those are one and the same.
>If you understand correctly, likely Gensokyo is that way?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 07:02:11 PM
> Hrm, okay. So that lines up with the other information we deduced and exactly what we do not want to happen. Crud.
> Well, if the water thinks flowing outward is a feasible option...
> ...try flowing ourselves inward instead.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 08:46:42 PM
> Hrm, okay. So that lines up with the other information we deduced and exactly what we do not want to happen. Crud.
> Well, if the water thinks flowing outward is a feasible option...
> ...try flowing ourselves inward instead.

>You begin to flow inward. From the point of view of the water, you imagine this was impossible, unthinkable. There is but one directin to flow. And you find it is...difficult, but not impossible. Still, the going is slow... But you feel it working.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 19, 2022, 08:51:39 PM
> Huh.
> Well then! Keep going. Wonder where we'll end up?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 19, 2022, 10:19:05 PM
>As far as getting home safely, you recall that Yukari said she would get everyone out. And...you have no idea how long it's been since then. Hopefully that's where everyone else is. As for yourself...it's hard to say.
>You aren't sure how you can separate yourself. The fact that you can't find your own body probably suggest two things; that Yukari took it or that it has been sublimated into water. The former seems unlikely; a youkai's body and spirit are not so easily separated.

>_
>You can see a couple ways out of this. One is to separate yourself and escape. Another is to find another place to flow to. You aren't certain if that's all of your options.

>_
>You'll have to figure that out on your own, you suppose.
>...Hm. The water seems to want to flow outward.

>_
> ...How can we tell what the water wants?
> Are we sure this is the water's desire and not the Formless One's?
> Do we know what is 'outward' from here?
> Do we know how to get 'outward'?

//If "eventually (alternatively advised )by any source whatsoever", we never came across or found ,and the available proximities "possibly open/opened for Minamitsu Murasa promise no help nor good(,"Formless One's)  Safe(-ish) Locations te be" Flowing Outwards"(with signs of it be damning for Yukari,Gensokyo,but also Stargazer")//

.> If We retraced and worked on a jumpstart of sorts" the steps and situation and perceptions,etc. when we "First Confluxed"...
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 19, 2022, 11:19:09 PM
> Huh.
> Well then! Keep going. Wonder where we'll end up?

>You keep going, and...it's getting difficult. You have a harder time flowing.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2022, 12:31:31 AM
> What's resisting us?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 20, 2022, 04:02:08 AM
> What's resisting us?

>You don't know. The idea of feeling any difficulty in this kind of state is strange. But it is there, you are having to strain against it. The notion of having to strain like this feels very weird, without most of your senses, with the concept of touch being so odd...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2022, 04:11:27 AM
> Keep flowing inward anyway.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 20, 2022, 07:02:04 AM
> Keep flowing inward anyway.

>You keep flowing. It's...a strange feeling. You almost want to liken it to having a sort of pins and needles sensation, but you don't really have anywhere to feel this sensation. Yet it is there. It's still difficult but you are persevering for the moment.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2022, 10:52:15 AM
> Can we discern anything about where we're going, via feeling or whatever else?
> Keep goin' goin' goin'
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 20, 2022, 07:28:39 PM
> Can we discern anything about where we're going, via feeling or whatever else?
> Keep goin' goin' goin'

>You are not able to tell much of anything. It is getting difficult to do anything but focus on the act of moving.
>The pins and needles sensation persists. You can feel it in your...arms? Torso?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2022, 07:34:22 PM
> Oh, body parts! Those are good things!
> Keep flowing inward! Focus on it as much as is needed! Get our humanoid body back maybe! We can worry about the consequences later!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 20, 2022, 08:16:36 PM
> Oh, body parts! Those are good things!
> Keep flowing inward! Focus on it as much as is needed! Get our humanoid body back maybe! We can worry about the consequences later!

>It's like pushing a boulder up a hill. But you can almost feel yourself again! And you feel numb as can be, despite all the effort this is taking. But you think you're nearly there!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 20, 2022, 08:18:48 PM
> Come on, then! One...last...push...!
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 12:25:35 AM
> Come on, then! One...last...push...!

>You push, you push! You can almost feel your fingertips! Once last heave! You can practically hear watering crashing around your ears, ears that you can also feel!
>...
>...
>...
>You feel something warm blanket you, and a distant voice says, "Hey, you okay?" You feel...funny.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 12:34:29 AM
> "...Feel...funny..."
> Gasp.
> "Uh! Keep...Yukari away...for her safety!"
> Try moving just a little bit.
> Open our eyes, if we can.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 01:12:53 AM
> "...Feel...funny..."
> Gasp.
> "Uh! Keep...Yukari away...for her safety!"
> Try moving just a little bit.
> Open our eyes, if we can.

>"She's not here," the voice says. "Don't worry."
>You try to move, and are pleased to feel you have arms, legs...definable boundaries... Your think this is your body, but it feels so strange after having been...That for...who knows how long?
>You try to open your eyes, and the light is blinding!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 01:44:49 AM
> "Agh! Bright!"
> Close our eyes again.
> "What's going on? Where am I?"
> Do we recognize the voice? If not: "Who are you?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 02:03:31 AM
> "Agh! Bright!"
> Close our eyes again.
> "What's going on? Where am I?"
> Do we recognize the voice? If not: "Who are you?"

>You close your eyes, retreating into blessed darkness.
>"Take it easy, Murasa, you're not in any danger. We're in the Forest of Magic. You've been missing for hours."
>Gah, who is this? It's hard to remember, it feels like a million years since you last heard her. ...Tojiko, that's right.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 02:17:42 AM
> Take a couple of moments to process this information. Missing for hours...that's a LOT better than it could have been.
> If we're capable of doing so, let out a deep exhale of relief, and smile a little.
> "That's...so very relieving."
> "How are you doing? You were screaming your head off something fierce last I saw you...I can't imagine what had you frightened so much."
> Try reaching a hand in the direction of the voice.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 04:11:27 AM
> Take a couple of moments to process this information. Missing for hours...that's a LOT better than it could have been.
> If we're capable of doing so, let out a deep exhale of relief, and smile a little.
> "That's...so very relieving."
> "How are you doing? You were screaming your head off something fierce last I saw you...I can't imagine what had you frightened so much."
> Try reaching a hand in the direction of the voice.

>"Ugh, you saw that?" says Tojiko. "Embarrassing..."
>You try reaching out toward her. You find you aren't quite used to having arms again, and your lower arm just sort of flops, then folds until your hand nearly touches your shoulder.

>_

Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 04:21:10 AM
> Chuckle a bit, but good-naturedly.
> "I actually tried to catch up to help, but you've got some real wheels on you."
> "Anyway, don't worry about it. I actually saw something of my own that scared the barnacles off me...if what I saw is related to whatever freaked you out, anyone else that experienced it isn't going to judge."
> "Hey, you said we're in the forest, right? No one else is around?"
> Try to reach toward Tojiko again. Gotta practice arm movements.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 05:30:01 AM
> Chuckle a bit, but good-naturedly.
> "I actually tried to catch up to help, but you've got some real wheels on you."
> "Anyway, don't worry about it. I actually saw something of my own that scared the barnacles off me...if what I saw is related to whatever freaked you out, anyone else that experienced it isn't going to judge."
> "Hey, you said we're in the forest, right? No one else is around?"
> Try to reach toward Tojiko again. Gotta practice arm movements.

>"Maybe so," says Tojiko, "But I sure didn't tell the others. Shou did, but Sakuya didn't say anything at all. They're out looking for you, too. Yukari said you'd be out here somewhere."
>It takes a few tries, but you're starting to get used to having arms and legs again. There's definitely something that's been thrown over you. A blanket?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 05:34:11 AM
> Do we have any urges to flow anywhere?
> "Yeah, I saw them too. Sakuya was fighting...something. I couldn't see it, whatever it was. Shou was already out cold when I got to her. Did she say what she saw?"
> Flail our Tojiko-arm about a bit more in what we think is her direction and take on just a slightly cognizant tone.
> "And where are you, anyway? Ugh, moving is going to take some getting used to again..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 07:25:01 PM
> Do we have any urges to flow anywhere?
> "Yeah, I saw them too. Sakuya was fighting...something. I couldn't see it, whatever it was. Shou was already out cold when I got to her. Did she say what she saw?"
> Flail our Tojiko-arm about a bit more in what we think is her direction and take on just a slightly cognizant tone.
> "And where are you, anyway? Ugh, moving is going to take some getting used to again..."

>You don't think so. You do feel different, but in a way you can't pt your finger on.
>"That's more than Sakuya said about it," Tokijo replies. "I'm just right here. Are you sure you're okay? Your arm's flopping around like a a fish."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 07:31:36 PM
> "I do still feel a little strange, admittedly, but the arm flopping is probably unrelated. Do I look any different?"
> Try opening our eyes again, but slowly and just a little.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 07:59:45 PM
> "I do still feel a little strange, admittedly, but the arm flopping is probably unrelated. Do I look any different?"
> Try opening our eyes again, but slowly and just a little.

>"Not to me," she says. "Maybe a bit roughed up. But you were also passed out on the forest floor, so that's to be expected."
>You open your eyes again. It's...not so bright. In fact, it's actually dark out. What happened before? Maybe you just weren't used to being able to see again.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 08:01:20 PM
> Slowly open our eyes all the way open.
> "...It's dark? Why was it so bright when I tried to open them earlier...?"
> Uh...try sitting up.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 21, 2022, 08:05:28 PM
>You push, you push! You can almost feel your fingertips! Once last heave! You can practically hear watering crashing around your ears, ears that you can also feel!
>...
>...
>...
>You feel something warm blanket you, and a distant voice says, "Hey, you okay?" You feel...funny.

>_

>Turn & Answer trying to sincerely smile,and of course "keep keeping 'ourselves together":"As long as I keep myself together I should be fine,thank you"

>Feeling Funny?How so?Where so?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 09:54:51 PM
> Slowly open our eyes all the way open.
> "...It's dark? Why was it so bright when I tried to open them earlier...?"
> Uh...try sitting up.

>You are in the middle of a forest, which you presume is the Forest of Magic. The canopy overhead is reasonably thick, but Fall is patently thinning it out. You seem to be laying under a tree; now that you're more aware, you seem to be resting your head on some kind of thick leafy plant.
>"Yeah, it's been hours," Tojiko says, sitting beside you. "I didn't see any brightness."
>You try to sit up. Logically, you know this motion is normal and natural, but it certainly doesn't feel like anything you should be able to do at all; like some kind of strange contortionists' trick from something that doesn't have all of their bones. However, you succeed. The blanket that Tojiko presumably put over you kind of falls away. Ah, this isn't a blanket, it's a coat draped like a blanket.

>Turn & Answer trying to sincerely smile,and of course "keep keeping 'ourselves together":"As long as I keep myself together I should be fine,thank you"

>Feeling Funny?How so?Where so?

>You body doesn't feel like its yours, you think. Not that something else is controlling it, but rather the feeling of having limbs and sensory organs and defined boundaries is just so alien. It's getting better, though. Beyond that, you feel...okay? Different in some way you cannot put your finger on, but okay.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 10:02:33 PM
> Of what we can see of ourselves, do we look any different?
> Is anyone else around?
> Is Tojiko within easy reach?
> How does the coat look?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 21, 2022, 11:35:18 PM
> Of what we can see of ourselves, do we look any different?
> Is anyone else around?
> Is Tojiko within easy reach?
> How does the coat look?

>You are mostly covered by the coat. But you don't look any different.
>You don't see anyone around. But faeries can be sneaky and this is their home turf.
>She is within reach.
>It's quite nice, actually. A long coat with gold trim and shoulder details.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 21, 2022, 11:41:49 PM
> "How weird. Must have been some sort of side effect of what happened."
> "It does seem you're right, though. Forest of Magic, no one around..."
> Smile a bit.
> "I'd say we're certainly not in public anymore. Which means I get to do this."
> Try to lean over and give our fellow ghost a hug.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 12:48:57 AM
> "How weird. Must have been some sort of side effect of what happened."
> "It does seem you're right, though. Forest of Magic, no one around..."
> Smile a bit.
> "I'd say we're certainly not in public anymore. Which means I get to do this."
> Try to lean over and give our fellow ghost a hug.

>You lean over, and give Tojiko a hug. Or rather, you try. Your balance isn't quite what it ought to be yet, so rather than give a hug you just sort of fall against her. "H-hey!" she says, sounding a bit irritated. But she holds you, and doesn't protest when you wrap your arms around her. "You weren't in that much danger, were you?!"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 12:51:39 AM
> "Me personally, I don't really know. It's complicated. But that's not what this is about."
> Sigh.
> "I'm sorry. I got you involved in this when you didn't have to be, and you had to experience whatever it was you experienced as a result."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 01:23:40 AM
> "Me personally, I don't really know. It's complicated. But that's not what this is about."
> Sigh.
> "I'm sorry. I got you involved in this when you didn't have to be, and you had to experience whatever it was you experienced as a result."

>"Look, it's like I said," Tojiko replied. "The Crown Prince would have been displeased if I had just walked away at this juncture. Mind, I don't think she's going to be thrilled I was as useful as a bag of busted hammers."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 01:37:15 AM
> "I mean, getting you involved with all of this in the first place."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 03:24:58 AM
> "I mean, getting you involved with all of this in the first place."

>"Well, I helped, didn't I?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 03:28:08 AM
> "You did, you did."
> Let go and try to right ourselves back into a normal sitting position.
> "But yeah...you remember that whole Formless One deal? I don't know if it was the one responsible for whatever we saw that was so terrifying, but...I'm pretty sure it attached itself to me when I went too far into those weird rooms, and turned me into the water itself. Or...something."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 04:32:56 AM
> "You did, you did."
> Let go and try to right ourselves back into a normal sitting position.
> "But yeah...you remember that whole Formless One deal? I don't know if it was the one responsible for whatever we saw that was so terrifying, but...I'm pretty sure it attached itself to me when I went too far into those weird rooms, and turned me into the water itself. Or...something."

>You let her go and sit back, you have to lean against the back of the tree, but you aren't helplessly leaned against it.
>"...What." Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 05:30:48 AM
> "Yeah."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 05:56:35 AM
> "Yeah."

>"No no, you don't get to say that and not elaborate," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 11:14:51 AM
> Chuckle.
> "Right, right."
> Relax a bit against the back of the tree, pulling the coat a bit back over ourselves like a blanket.
> "So, first..."
> Recount our encounter with the other Minamitsu, including what we know about who she is. Mention that we're pretty sure Tojiko and her crew weren't around yet when that happening, uh, happened.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 03:48:01 PM
> Chuckle.
> "Right, right."
> Relax a bit against the back of the tree, pulling the coat a bit back over ourselves like a blanket.
> "So, first..."
> Recount our encounter with the other Minamitsu, including what we know about who she is. Mention that we're pretty sure Tojiko and her crew weren't around yet when that happening, uh, happened.

>You settle back and start to explain. Tojiko looks at you like you're a lunatic as you explain, but she doesn't raise any objections.
>"I saw...a worm-ridden corpse," she says, not quite looking at you. "My worm-ridden corpse..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 04:07:40 PM
I think I might have asked this once before but I don't remember for sure, so

> How much of the backstory of Toyosatomimi's faction do we know, particularly in regards to the construct of their bodies?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 06:58:00 PM
> How much of the backstory of Toyosatomimi's faction do we know, particularly in regards to the construct of their bodies?

>You know they are immortals via ritual, but you don't know much more than that.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 07:08:38 PM
> Grimace.
> "Yikes. That sounds very unpleasant, to put it mildly."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 08:10:48 PM
> Grimace.
> "Yikes. That sounds very unpleasant, to put it mildly."

>"I knew, the moment it caught me, it was going to be me..." she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 08:44:25 PM
> Nod.
> "I got the same feeling from mine, that it would all be over if it caught me."
> "...Is it something you'd feel comfortable expanding on? I sorta know where mine came from, but like I said, I don't think you all were around for that incident. You don't have to if you don't want to, of course, I'm only wondering if you think talking it out might help at all."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 10:33:21 PM
> Nod.
> "I got the same feeling from mine, that it would all be over if it caught me."
> "...Is it something you'd feel comfortable expanding on? I sorta know where mine came from, but like I said, I don't think you all were around for that incident. You don't have to if you don't want to, of course, I'm only wondering if you think talking it out might help at all."

>"I would if I could," Tojiko says. "I just knew it was another me, from...elsewhere."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 22, 2022, 11:17:06 PM
> Nod a couple more times.
> "Makes sense. Let's stick a pin in that, then, rather than dwell on our hyper-specific nightmares. From there..."
> Recount our miraculous overcoming of our other self, as well as everything that happened after that, ending with waking up here in the forest. Make sure to include our theories about the Formless One and its behaviors and motivations that we devised along the way.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 22, 2022, 11:47:02 PM
> Nod a couple more times.
> "Makes sense. Let's stick a pin in that, then, rather than dwell on our hyper-specific nightmares. From there..."
> Recount our miraculous overcoming of our other self, as well as everything that happened after that, ending with waking up here in the forest. Make sure to include our theories about the Formless One and its behaviors and motivations that we devised along the way.

>You're going to have to elaborate on those theories yourself, I can't have them for you.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 23, 2022, 12:27:04 AM
> This player meant everything that was deduced in-thread, like how the Formless One attached itself to us somehow, how its seemingly-singular goal was to flow and that its target was Gensokyo, and so on. Apologies for being unclear.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 23, 2022, 12:54:35 AM
> This player meant everything that was deduced in-thread, like how the Formless One attached itself to us somehow, how its seemingly-singular goal was to flow and that its target was Gensokyo, and so on. Apologies for being unclear.

>You're gonna have to elaborate on them yourself, I can't share realizations you've had.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2022, 03:35:10 AM
Well that's concerning.

> "From there, I did manage to overcome, uh, myself somehow, but I ended up getting lost in the process of her chasing me. I wandered around semi-blindly, before eventually...hearing something through the water. Hearing, and eventually feeling, tasting, and pretty much every other sensation you can think of. My guess at this point is that I was swimming through memories everyone had of where that other me came from. It got more and more oppressive as I pushed on, eventually feeling like I was in someone else's body, even, someone a little bit shorter. Then...I'm pretty sure the Formless One latched onto me, and took over mentally."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 24, 2022, 05:31:13 AM
Well that's concerning.

> "From there, I did manage to overcome, uh, myself somehow, but I ended up getting lost in the process of her chasing me. I wandered around semi-blindly, before eventually...hearing something through the water. Hearing, and eventually feeling, tasting, and pretty much every other sensation you can think of. My guess at this point is that I was swimming through memories everyone had of where that other me came from. It got more and more oppressive as I pushed on, eventually feeling like I was in someone else's body, even, someone a little bit shorter. Then...I'm pretty sure the Formless One latched onto me, and took over mentally."

>"Oh, so you saw that outside world place?" she says. "What was it like?"
>Then you elaborate on what followed, and she just frowns.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2022, 12:02:41 PM
> "I did kind of see some things? They flitted in and out randomly in all senses."
> Describe some of the things we saw and heard before getting taken over.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 24, 2022, 03:27:38 PM
> "I did kind of see some things? They flitted in and out randomly in all senses."
> Describe some of the things we saw and heard before getting taken over.

>Tojiko listens and purses her lips thoughtfully.
>"Do dirt roads and such things really sound like the outside world?" she says. "My understanding is that everything was stone and metal, and nature was unwelcome."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 24, 2022, 03:30:51 PM
> Shrug.
> "I guess? For however reliable these memories are. Maybe it's mostly stone and metal but still has a few pockets of nature here and there."
> Smile a tiny bit.
> "In thinking about it, that's kinda what we are here, isn't it? I wouldn't be too surprised if there were small collections of humans that weren't so interested in the general progression of humanity."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 24, 2022, 08:47:58 PM
> "...Feel...funny..."
> Gasp.
> "Uh! Keep...Yukari away...for her safety!"
> Try moving just a little bit.
> Open our eyes, if we can.

// I wonder if the "Great Pieces of Ripped Curtain " we took back there have been "rsally carried over or have...vanished//

> Make a mental.note that we have to.go back to Patchouli..at zhe Mansion Library to share. our "latest discovery and experience",she did help us out with her own knowledge and resources after all.

> Move & float around a bit ,while at the same time also taking notice about how we are "regaining ourselves""while explaining to Tojiko is to rid of the" after-effects of being within and  joined somehow with The Formless One"...

>Oh!Also ask to Tojiko how "Stargazer"is faring,if shs still being  accompained by Yukari,if she is instead on her way to meet up eith Utsuho around he Kappa University...

>...about,Yukari and maybe Sakuya,also ask Tojiko if they did mention something particular to us or about us when we come back in Gensokyo after "our most recent trial".

Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 02:15:06 AM
> Shrug.
> "I guess? For however reliable these memories are. Maybe it's mostly stone and metal but still has a few pockets of nature here and there."
> Smile a tiny bit.
> "In thinking about it, that's kinda what we are here, isn't it? I wouldn't be too surprised if there were small collections of humans that weren't so interested in the general progression of humanity."

>"Suzunaan stays in business for a reason, I suppose," says Tojiko.

// I wonder if the "Great Pieces of Ripped Curtain " we took back there have been "rsally carried over or have...vanished//

> Make a mental.note that we have to.go back to Patchouli..at zhe Mansion Library to share. our "latest discovery and experience",she did help us out with her own knowledge and resources after all.

> Move & float around a bit ,while at the same time also taking notice about how we are "regaining ourselves""while explaining to Tojiko is to rid of the" after-effects of being within and  joined somehow with The Formless One"...

>Oh!Also ask to Tojiko how "Stargazer"is faring,if shs still being  accompained by Yukari,if she is instead on her way to meet up eith Utsuho around he Kappa University...

>...about,Yukari and maybe Sakuya,also ask Tojiko if they did mention something particular to us or about us when we come back in Gensokyo after "our most recent trial".

>Patchouli would probably love to hear about this, and would probably never admit it.
>It feels like a bad time to be moving right now.
>"Oh, I think Yukari left her off with Meiling," Tojiko says. "Once she called us all back, we met briefly at the Scarlet Devil Mansion to rest up and figure out what we could. Then she said you were probably back, but only had a general idea where to find you. I grabbed that coat out of a closet there, I thought maybe you'd be cold? We were all kind of chilly when we came woke up."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 02:22:50 AM
> "It is appreciated, to be sure. Thank you."
> "But yeah, this Formless One, or whatever...all it desired was to flow to the low places, or something. It seemed disturbed by its own sentience, really. It was all I could think about, if one could even consider it 'me' thinking at that point."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 03:44:01 AM
> "It is appreciated, to be sure. Thank you."
> "But yeah, this Formless One, or whatever...all it desired was to flow to the low places, or something. It seemed disturbed by its own sentience, really. It was all I could think about, if one could even consider it 'me' thinking at that point."

>"So what was it?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 03:52:35 AM
> Do we still feel different?
> "I can't be 100% sure on this, but...near as I can tell, it was the memories of the part of the ocean that got moved to where Gensokyo was, when Gensokyo moved to the Outside World for a bit. And that loose collection of memories of people from when Gensokyo moved to the Outside World kind of irritated into some kind of sentience."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 04:10:50 PM
> Do we still feel different?
> "I can't be 100% sure on this, but...near as I can tell, it was the memories of the part of the ocean that got moved to where Gensokyo was, when Gensokyo moved to the Outside World for a bit. And that loose collection of memories of people from when Gensokyo moved to the Outside World kind of irritated into some kind of sentience."

>You do. But...not in a bad way, you think?
>"...The ocean itself, huh?" she says. "I guess, if it came from the outside to here, something might happen to something to venerable."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 04:15:49 PM
> "I definitely want to ask people more knowledgeable than me on the subject about it. Yukari would be great, but I don't know if that thing is still attached to me somehow or not, and I don't know what precautions she'd need to take if it were. I definitely also want someone to check if that thing is still attached to me somehow, but again, same problem."
> Inhale and exhale while looking up at the sky.
> "It was...certainly an experience being a mass of water. I wish there had been a way to tell just how large I was. Found myself wondering just how much water is out there beyond Japan's shores, too."
> Look back to Tojiko.
> "Um, I don't think the details of the rest of what happened are all that meaningful. I just kinda gradually reclaimed myself with more and more frequency and had fewer mental takeover interruptions from that thing. Figured out it wanted to flow 'outward', which felt to me like the direction Gensokyo was in, and I knew that flooding Gensokyo with myself was out of the question, as weird as that may be coming from me of all people. So I flowed myself 'inward' instead, and gradually regained more and more of a normal-body-like feeling before I woke up here."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 05:31:42 PM
> "I definitely want to ask people more knowledgeable than me on the subject about it. Yukari would be great, but I don't know if that thing is still attached to me somehow or not, and I don't know what precautions she'd need to take if it were. I definitely also want someone to check if that thing is still attached to me somehow, but again, same problem."
> Inhale and exhale while looking up at the sky.
> "It was...certainly an experience being a mass of water. I wish there had been a way to tell just how large I was. Found myself wondering just how much water is out there beyond Japan's shores, too."
> Look back to Tojiko.
> "Um, I don't think the details of the rest of what happened are all that meaningful. I just kinda gradually reclaimed myself with more and more frequency and had fewer mental takeover interruptions from that thing. Figured out it wanted to flow 'outward', which felt to me like the direction Gensokyo was in, and I knew that flooding Gensokyo with myself was out of the question, as weird as that may be coming from me of all people. So I flowed myself 'inward' instead, and gradually regained more and more of a normal-body-like feeling before I woke up here."

>Tojiko nods. "Honestly...I'd have every reason to believe it's still there, the way you're taking. Do you feel okay?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 05:40:52 PM
> "A little different in a way I can't articulate. It doesn't feel bad, just different. Which would make sense, I never got a sense of malevolence from it, despite nightmare versions of ourselves appearing before us."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 06:02:55 PM
> "A little different in a way I can't articulate. It doesn't feel bad, just different. Which would make sense, I never got a sense of malevolence from it, despite nightmare versions of ourselves appearing before us."

>"If it didn't make those," she says, "maybe we did?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 06:04:24 PM
> "I've been wondering that as a possibility myself."
> Go silent for a moment or two, then sport a small smile.
> "Water conducts electricity real good, doesn't it? Maybe you could just zap it out of me."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 07:33:57 PM
> "I've been wondering that as a possibility myself."
> Go silent for a moment or two, then sport a small smile.
> "Water conducts electricity real good, doesn't it? Maybe you could just zap it out of me."

>"Not worth the effort," Tojiko says, chuckling.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 07:53:12 PM
> Chuckle a bit ourselves.
> "Ah well."
> Look back down at the coat. Lift up one of the sleeves and examine it.
> "...This is a pretty snazzy piece, especially for an emergency grab. ...I wonder how long they'll let me hold onto it."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 08:29:15 PM
> Chuckle a bit ourselves.
> "Ah well."
> Look back down at the coat. Lift up one of the sleeves and examine it.
> "...This is a pretty snazzy piece, especially for an emergency grab. ...I wonder how long they'll let me hold onto it."

>"I dunno. It was just sitting in a closet," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 08:35:29 PM
> "I can ask later. Either they know you took it and already have an idea, or they don't know you took it and I don't want them thinking either of us are thieves."
> Try standing up.
> Try flowing (not walking or crawling or whatever normal humanoid motor skillsing) toward Tojiko, just to see if we can.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 25, 2022, 09:29:29 PM
> "I can ask later. Either they know you took it and already have an idea, or they don't know you took it and I don't want them thinking either of us are thieves."
> Try standing up.
> Try flowing (not walking or crawling or whatever normal humanoid motor skillsing) toward Tojiko, just to see if we can.

>"Oh no, I got Sakuya's blessing to grab something," says Tojiko.
>You stand up. It is kind of a slow process, you're pretty used to having legs and such now, but not so used to the balance and position you need to stand. It takes you a few moments before you don't need to lean on the tree, but you think you have it.
>This doesn't result in much of anything. You don't feel anything happen at all.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 25, 2022, 09:36:27 PM
> "Ah, that's good. In that case..."
> Try putting the coat on.
> "I think I'm ready to try going somewhere."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 02:01:27 AM
> "Ah, that's good. In that case..."
> Try putting the coat on.
> "I think I'm ready to try going somewhere."

>You slip on the coat. It is warm and fits you well.
>You obtain: Mariner's Coat
>"Right," Tojiko says, having floated up to a standing position.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 02:04:52 AM
> "Which way sounds best to you? Uh, other than north, if possible. You know how it can be..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 03:34:07 AM
> "Which way sounds best to you? Uh, other than north, if possible. You know how it can be..."

>You mention north, and something hits you. Which way is north? You don't know. You always feel which way is north! You've been so distracted you haven't thought about it at all.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 03:45:27 AM
> Look suddenly panicked.
> "...Wait."
> Look around frantically.
> "...Which way is north?!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 04:10:33 PM
> Look suddenly panicked.
> "...Wait."
> Look around frantically.
> "...Which way is north?!"

>"That way, I think," she says, pointing in the direction that you were facing beforehand, while resting against the tree. ...You never noticed. It didn't bother you in the slightest...

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 04:14:11 PM
> "..."
> Stare confused in that direction.
> "...huh..."
> Hold our head in a bit of a daze.
> "...that...didn't bother me at all. ...Why...?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 05:23:42 PM
> "..."
> Stare confused in that direction.
> "...huh..."
> Hold our head in a bit of a daze.
> "...that...didn't bother me at all. ...Why...?"

>"You sure?" she says after a moment. "You sound pretty bothered. Are you okay?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 05:29:08 PM
> "...It's...I don't know. No and yes?"
> Inhale and exhale deeply.
> "Okay, so...I don't know if you feel this too, but I...just don't really do north. That's where Higan and the Netherworld are, and no thank you, I am not ready. Moving north is generally bad. Going further north than our Temple is completely out. Even just sitting facing it is bad. Gives me the willies, as today's human kids say. I always, always know where it is, so I know to avoid it."
> Gesture back at the tree.
> "But sitting there just now...I was facing north. And it didn't bother me a bit. I didn't even know it was north...I think I simply don't have that automatic knowledge in my head anymore."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 05:41:02 PM
>You remember...at one point, there was suddenly land within you. And where the land was, part of you appeared. It was then that it began. It was only a short time, then that land went back, and you back to where you belong. But...you also fell somewhere...

>You feel as though you rejoined with the rest of yourself, but...also you have not. Something is not as it should be.

>Looking through them, the strange part is that there's a kind of gap. It became aware while it and Gensokyo switched places, in a sense. Then it switched back...or...hm, no. No, now you're starting to get it. You think that this entity was separated from the water when it was switched back, the same way peoples' memories of the event were. And then there was a gap, it wasn't aware at all, dormant. You don't understand what happened there, but then something occurred, and it ended up here.

Reposting these to remind myself to mention them (especially the bold) to a party more knowledgeable than either currently-present ghost mook.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 06:16:56 PM
> "...It's...I don't know. No and yes?"
> Inhale and exhale deeply.
> "Okay, so...I don't know if you feel this too, but I...just don't really do north. That's where Higan and the Netherworld are, and no thank you, I am not ready. Moving north is generally bad. Going further north than our Temple is completely out. Even just sitting facing it is bad. Gives me the willies, as today's human kids say. I always, always know where it is, so I know to avoid it."
> Gesture back at the tree.
> "But sitting there just now...I was facing north. And it didn't bother me a bit. I didn't even know it was north...I think I simply don't have that automatic knowledge in my head anymore."

>Tojiko nods. "I don't feel it like that, but I understand what you mean. Do you feel okay? You're not uncomfortable, right?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 06:19:17 PM
> Take a moment to calm ourselves down and assess how we're feeling.
> While (or after) making that assessment, consider: might we be Capital-R Ready?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 08:08:09 PM
> Take a moment to calm ourselves down and assess how we're feeling.
> While (or after) making that assessment, consider: might we be Capital-R Ready?

>You don't feel like that direction is bothering you; which is strange enough that the absence of the feeling kind of bothers you.
>You...don't think so? You don't feel compelled to go anywhere. Surely you're feel compelled, right?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 08:28:33 PM
> "...I mean...a little. I don't remember the last time north didn't bother me, so the lack of botheration is a bit bothering, in that it's a change from normal. ...I wonder if I should try facing and traveling north a little more often, to see how it feels?"
> Shake our head a bit.
> "Sorry, this is distracting from the immediate. I can figure it out as I go along. Let's go somewhere. We should probably track down whoever else is searching for me and call them off, for one thing."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 09:08:47 PM
> "...I mean...a little. I don't remember the last time north didn't bother me, so the lack of botheration is a bit bothering, in that it's a change from normal. ...I wonder if I should try facing and traveling north a little more often, to see how it feels?"
> Shake our head a bit.
> "Sorry, this is distracting from the immediate. I can figure it out as I go along. Let's go somewhere. We should probably track down whoever else is searching for me and call them off, for one thing."

>"Yeah," say Tojiko. "Maybe they'll have reported back to the mansion by now?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 09:15:35 PM
> Nod.
> "Worth checking out, yeah. If you could lead the way, though, it'd be appreciated."
> If Tojiko gets moving, follow.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 26, 2022, 11:07:56 PM
> Nod.
> "Worth checking out, yeah. If you could lead the way, though, it'd be appreciated."
> If Tojiko gets moving, follow.

>You follow her northward into the forest.
>Things are fairly peaceful this evening. You can hear faeries in the distance, laughing and playing. There's a bit of danmaku noise, but it's much more calm than it was this afternoon, when they were quite agitated. Every so often a stray leaf floats free, wafting across the path on the way to the ground. It doesn't take long for Misty Lake to appear through the trees ahead. Soon the walls of Scarlet Devil Mansion are plainly visible. Leaving the tree line, you come out reasonably close to the gates. Meiling notices you and waves.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 26, 2022, 11:09:55 PM
> Wave in response.
> "They found me!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 27, 2022, 01:19:20 AM
> Wave in response.
> "They found me!"

>"She's intact!" Tojiko says, as the two of you draw closer.
>"Very good," says Meiling. "They're still headquartered in the library. Are you okay, Captain?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 27, 2022, 02:07:56 AM
> "That's a hard question to answer in full. But for our purposes, more or less, yes. I might still to stay stay some number of knots away from Yukari, though. But she'd know better than me."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 27, 2022, 02:59:27 AM
> "That's a hard question to answer in full. But for our purposes, more or less, yes. I might still to stay stay some number of knots away from Yukari, though. But she'd know better than me."

>"She's probably with Patchouli in the library," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 27, 2022, 03:53:31 AM
> Nod.
> "Thanks. I'll be wary."
> Enter! (If we're permitted) and head to the library.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 27, 2022, 05:05:54 AM
> Nod.
> "Thanks. I'll be wary."
> Enter! (If we're permitted) and head to the library.

>You head inside and make your way toward the library. The front hall is as it was last time, you know a scroll covered with crudely drawn flowers has been added to the collection by way of draping it off of the edge of display table.
>The library is darker than the main chamber, the evening's gloom dominating the windows in a way that the candlelight can't quite dispel. You hear conversation toward the middle of the library, and the pitter patter of small feet running between the some shelves off to the side. Approaching the center of the library, you see Patchouli is in her spot, studiously ignoring Yukari and Remilia nearly, who are chatting over tea.

>_

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 27, 2022, 05:12:39 AM
> Nudge Tojiko lightly and take on a very quiet tone.
> "Can you let Yukari know I'm here but the Formless One might be attached to me somehow?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 27, 2022, 02:53:13 PM
Reposting these to remind myself to mention them (especially the bold) to a party more knowledgeable than either currently-present ghost mook.
>You remember...at one point, there was suddenly land within you. And where the land was, part of you appeared. It was then that it began. It was only a short time, then that land went back, and you back to where you belong. But...you also fell somewhere...

Quote from: It's Purvis! on 11-08-2022, 08:10:39
>You feel as though you rejoined with the rest of yourself, but...also you have not. Something is not as it should be.

Quote from: It's Purvis! on 18-10-2022, 04:16:37
>Looking through them, the strange part is that there's a kind of gap. It became aware while it and Gensokyo switched places, in a sense. Then it switched back...or...hm, no. No, now you're starting to get it. You think that this entity was separated from the water when it was switched back, the same way peoples' memories of the event were. And then there was a gap, it wasn't aware at all, dormant. You don't understand what happened there, but then something occurred, and it ended up here.

// "Bold parts"= final 1/3 part of the 1st+2nd quotes and most of the final&3rd quote//

Quote from: Kilgamayan link=topic=412.msg26849#msg26849
date=1666847559
> Nudge Tojiko lightly and take on a very quiet tone.
> "Can you let Yukari know I'm here but the Formless One might be attached to me somehow?"

> Once Tojiko has floated away to reach  and warn Yukari prudently do try to. ,while being also self-conscious and on guard for "ˋParts of the Formlessness", "gradually meditate  about the same Yukari Yakumo"...

>...anything off or particular of notice to feel,or maybe is it only "Yukari-wise" and she is going to indirectly share this news ?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 27, 2022, 04:52:28 PM
> Nudge Tojiko lightly and take on a very quiet tone.
> "Can you let Yukari know I'm here but the Formless One might be attached to me somehow?"

>"Right," Tojiko says, floating off ahead.

> Once Tojiko has floated away to reach  and warn Yukari prudently do try to. ,while being also self-conscious and on guard for "ˋParts of the Formlessness", "gradually meditate  about the same Yukari Yakumo"...

>...anything off or particular of notice to feel,or maybe is it only "Yukari-wise" and she is going to indirectly share this news ?"

>As far as you can tell, you don't feel anything new or worrisome happening. it doesn't feel like there is anything within you that's going to go out of control.
>Tojiko approaches the others. Yukari looks toward you, as does Remilia. You note Patchouli peek over the edge of her book for a moment.Yukari gestures for you to come join them.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 27, 2022, 05:07:19 PM
> Well, alright, if she feels safe...
> Saunter on over. (Do our best to saunter while still treading lightly, it would not do to clomp around like we have a peg leg while we're in a library.)
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 27, 2022, 09:40:51 PM
> Well, alright, if she feels safe...
> Saunter on over. (Do our best to saunter while still treading lightly, it would not do to clomp around like we have a peg leg while we're in a library.)

>By now, you're largely used to your body again, and you manage to sauter over.
>Remilia looks as relaxed as ever, in her element with her teacup in hand. Yukari looks...less frazzled now. More like she's just trying not to lean back and start snoring in her plush seat.
>"Ah, Captain, it has been too long," Remilia says. "You are doing better now, We trust?"
>Yukari simply looks at you expectantly, practically mimicking Patchouli's usual ways.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 27, 2022, 10:12:55 PM
> Nod to the Lord of the house.
> "Mostly, thank you. Things are still a little strange, but for entirely different reasons. Thanks for the threads, by the way."
> Look to Yukari.
> "Long story short, your Formless One attached itself to me somehow. Pretty sure it's actually still there, not that I can really feel it at the moment."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 27, 2022, 11:58:19 PM
> Nod to the Lord of the house.
> "Mostly, thank you. Things are still a little strange, but for entirely different reasons. Thanks for the threads, by the way."
> Look to Yukari.
> "Long story short, your Formless One attached itself to me somehow. Pretty sure it's actually still there, not that I can really feel it at the moment."

>"Ah, is that one of Ours?" says Remilia. "No matter, use it as your please. It suits you."
>"More than just attached, I would say," Yukari replies, before sipping her own tea. "Blended would be a better word."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 27, 2022, 11:58:57 PM
> Blink.
> "...Uh. What?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 28, 2022, 03:27:45 AM
> Blink.
> "...Uh. What?"

>"You can take off something that's attached," Yukari says. "Unmixing something is...much more tricky, we'll say."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 28, 2022, 03:30:53 AM
> Let our eyes go a little wider.
> "Uh...I...don't know that I want random ocean horrors just becoming a part of me!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 28, 2022, 05:07:02 AM
> Let our eyes go a little wider.
> "Uh...I...don't know that I want random ocean horrors just becoming a part of me!"

>"Why don't you start at the beginning?" Yukari says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 28, 2022, 01:09:10 PM
> "Oh, uh, sure. It's kind of a two-parter, so..."
> Recount our encounter with the other Minamitsu, including what we know about who she is.
> To Remilia: "I'm pretty sure Sakuya had a similar encounter; I found her teleporting all around a room while fighting something I couldn't perceive. Tojiko tells me she isn't talking about it, which is fine, that's her right. But I thought I should let her mistress know that it happened at all, just in case."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 28, 2022, 04:43:41 PM
> "Oh, uh, sure. It's kind of a two-parter, so..."
> Recount our encounter with the other Minamitsu, including what we know about who she is.
> To Remilia: "I'm pretty sure Sakuya had a similar encounter; I found her teleporting all around a room while fighting something I couldn't perceive. Tojiko tells me she isn't talking about it, which is fine, that's her right. But I thought I should let her mistress know that it happened at all, just in case."

>Both of them are quiet as you speak. Remilia gives you a little nod in response; it's hard to register just how much of this she understands. Patchouli sets down her book to listen at as well.
>"Hm. Curious," says Yukari at length. "It is consistent with what the others have told me."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 28, 2022, 05:18:11 PM
> To Yukari: "Right, I figured. Seemed like we all got got, from what I saw encountering everyone else."
> To Remilia: "I will admit I tried to help Sakuya fight whatever she was fighting, but only succeeded in accidentally hitting her a couple of times. I'd like to apologize to her before I head home, if that's okay."
> Back to Yukari: "Despite overcoming my nightmare self, I got lost in the process of her chasing me. I wandered around semi-blindly, before eventually...hearing something through the water. Hearing, and eventually feeling, tasting, and pretty much every other sensation you can think of. My guess at this point is that I was swimming through memories everyone had of where that other me came from. It got more and more oppressive as I pushed on, eventually feeling like I was in someone else's body, even, someone a little bit shorter. Then...I'm pretty sure the Formless One latched onto me, and took over mentally. All it desired was to 'flow to the low places', or something. It seemed disturbed by its own sentience, really. It was all I could think about, if one could even consider it 'me' thinking at that point."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 28, 2022, 11:46:44 PM
> To Yukari: "Right, I figured. Seemed like we all got got, from what I saw encountering everyone else."
> To Remilia: "I will admit I tried to help Sakuya fight whatever she was fighting, but only succeeded in accidentally hitting her a couple of times. I'd like to apologize to her before I head home, if that's okay."
> Back to Yukari: "Despite overcoming my nightmare self, I got lost in the process of her chasing me. I wandered around semi-blindly, before eventually...hearing something through the water. Hearing, and eventually feeling, tasting, and pretty much every other sensation you can think of. My guess at this point is that I was swimming through memories everyone had of where that other me came from. It got more and more oppressive as I pushed on, eventually feeling like I was in someone else's body, even, someone a little bit shorter. Then...I'm pretty sure the Formless One latched onto me, and took over mentally. All it desired was to 'flow to the low places', or something. It seemed disturbed by its own sentience, really. It was all I could think about, if one could even consider it 'me' thinking at that point."

>"It wanted your substance," Patchouli says. "I'm sure of it. Remember what I told you, there was nothing there that was real."
>Yukari is quiet, perhaps thinking about something. Remilia just seems to be listening; she doesn't seem to have anything to offer at this point, other than a nod when you mentioned Sakuya.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 29, 2022, 12:48:22 AM
> "Yeah, I had thought about that a bit while everything was happening. It was pretty difficult to perceive when it wasn't actively taking me over. In thinking about it, though, the sensation of another smaller body is odd, given I eventually realized, or at least perceived myself, as a huge body of water."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 29, 2022, 04:14:23 PM
> "Yeah, I had thought about that a bit while everything was happening. It was pretty difficult to perceive when it wasn't actively taking me over. In thinking about it, though, the sensation of another smaller body is odd, given I eventually realized, or at least perceived myself, as a huge body of water."

>"I can imagine," Yukari says at length. "Were you not a youkai, I doubt you would have been able to perceive anything at all."
>"This ocean, then," Remilia says, sipping her tea. "It is within you still?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 29, 2022, 04:31:05 PM
> Shrug with a genuinely uncertain-bordering-confused look.
> "Honestly, I was hoping the three of you could tell me. At the risk of being crass, I just haunt here, my dudes. All I can really do is recount what I experienced, and hope the people smarter and wiser than me that are present can interpret it."
> "I did eventually gain more and more control and awareness, up to the point where it would only overtake me on occasion, and when it did I could wrest it back pretty quickly. Blessings be to Hijiri's meditation training for that. But anyway, even through my new aquatic body, I could still feel shapes that were interpretable as structures, fish, and other such things, just based on what space I was allowed to occupy and what space I wasn't. I also felt what I can only really describe as a stain, like some sort of yellow oil on your skin; I'm pretty sure that stain corresponded to the memories that matched all those other things - noises, smells, and so on - I perceived right before I got liquified."
> "It took me a while, but I eventually realized that, as much as any direction was possible, there were only two; outwards, and inwards. The Formless One wanted to flow outward, and given it had the apparently goal of flowing to Gensokyo specifically, I tried to flow myself inwards instead, to see what would happen. It took some effort, but after enough of it, I popped back into consciousness in this."
> Flop our arms around a little.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 30, 2022, 02:06:48 AM
>"I can imagine," Yukari says at length. "Were you not a youkai, I doubt you would have been able to perceive anything at all."
>"This ocean, then," Remilia says, sipping her tea. "It is within you still?"

>_
> To Yukari: "Right, I figured. Seemed like we all got got, from what I saw encountering everyone else."
> To Remilia: "I will admit I tried to help Sakuya fight whatever she was fighting, but only succeeded in accidentally hitting her a couple of times. I'd like to apologize to her before I head home, if that's okay."
> Back to Yukari: "Despite overcoming my nightmare self, I got lost in the process of her chasing me. I wandered around semi-blindly, before eventually...hearing something through the water. Hearing, and eventually feeling, tasting, and pretty much every other sensation you can think of. My guess at this point is that I was swimming through memories everyone had of where that other me came from. It got more and more oppressive as I pushed on, eventually feeling like I was in someone else's body, even, someone a little bit shorter. Then...I'm pretty sure the Formless One latched onto me, and took over mentally. All it desired was to 'flow to the low places', or something. It seemed disturbed by its own sentience, really. It was all I could think about, if one could even consider it 'me' thinking at that point."
>"I can imagine," Yukari says at length. "Were you not a youkai, I doubt you would have been able to perceive anything at all."
>"This ocean, then," Remilia says, sipping her tea. "It is within you still?"

>_



> Omit 1  or more of the next consieering parts IF they have already been enough explained AND Uncovered ; thoseabout "The 1st Recovered Piece and the Uncanny Still-Missing by Piece of the Formless One of the Unseen Clergy (plus many unknown other naming definition"...

> Same" trying  asking about but preventing  it if already satisfyingly explained or justified " about WHETHER Sakuya could join this "Post-Incidet  Meeting for Insights"; ",try the same as well same by ,unless prevented as previously by,suggesting or by approving the resolution, about including at lest a sort-of separate and more essential "Post-Incieent Meeting "

// This is mostly a pertinent part of mini-recap altogether wuth some compatible insights &

>  Blink & Ficus to assist and stimulate reminiscing :" the clarity such as...That Formless's One Major  Piece of Fell and Separated in 1 Place but Returned-Flowed Still Linked toa.Certain.Extent in 1 Place but then  It Recovered & It Flowed-Back ......yet it is not since "Formless One" "communicated with Itself and myself "Mixed.Within It" that 1 Unexpected Piece is still missing and distant...then  the feeling-mentions of "many creatures flowing into and outo It but that was not the case with the "Reunited Major Piece" and it still isn't with the "Surprisingly Undetermined still-Missing Piece"

Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 30, 2022, 06:15:58 AM
> Shrug with a genuinely uncertain-bordering-confused look.
> "Honestly, I was hoping the three of you could tell me. At the risk of being crass, I just haunt here, my dudes. All I can really do is recount what I experienced, and hope the people smarter and wiser than me that are present can interpret it."
> "I did eventually gain more and more control and awareness, up to the point where it would only overtake me on occasion, and when it did I could wrest it back pretty quickly. Blessings be to Hijiri's meditation training for that. But anyway, even through my new aquatic body, I could still feel shapes that were interpretable as structures, fish, and other such things, just based on what space I was allowed to occupy and what space I wasn't. I also felt what I can only really describe as a stain, like some sort of yellow oil on your skin; I'm pretty sure that stain corresponded to the memories that matched all those other things - noises, smells, and so on - I perceived right before I got liquified."
> "It took me a while, but I eventually realized that, as much as any direction was possible, there were only two; outwards, and inwards. The Formless One wanted to flow outward, and given it had the apparently goal of flowing to Gensokyo specifically, I tried to flow myself inwards instead, to see what would happen. It took some effort, but after enough of it, I popped back into consciousness in this."
> Flop our arms around a little.

> Omit 1  or more of the next consieering parts IF they have already been enough explained AND Uncovered ; thoseabout "The 1st Recovered Piece and the Uncanny Still-Missing by Piece of the Formless One of the Unseen Clergy (plus many unknown other naming definition"...

> Same glossing over about asking WHETHER Sakuya could or could not join the "

> Blink to assist with discerning around and about  " I am also remembering with more clarity the "notable Feel & Mention,to make them more understanding to all in-meeting and then meeting-involved,of 1 Major Recovered Piece and another 1 Minor Weirdly Still-Missing by The Formless One..

> Keep blinking to assist" clarity such as...That Major  Fell and Separated but Still Linked to.a.Certain.Extent in 1 Place but then  It Recovered & It Flowed-Back ...that  had been always felt  enough to be' back to The Formless One'sAll-Vast,All-Complete,All-FlowingI'...yet it is not The en the "Formless One" "communicated with Itself,

> Last Blinking to: Right Myself,both "that even this particularly particular and hazrdous "Unseen Clergy"

> Bring up whether Sakuya could be well-off and willing to be  joining us in-this-meeting at some point,or at very

>"There is little We can tell you, it seems," Remilia says. "We are simply trying to entertain our guests. In that vein, perhaps you would care for a drink?""
>"What was this taint?" Yukari says. "It seems...curiously unrelated to everything else."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 30, 2022, 09:24:47 AM
>"There is little We can tell you, it seems," Remilia says. "We are simply trying to entertain our guests. In that vein, perhaps you would care for a drink?""
>"What was this taint?" Yukari says. "It seems...curiously unrelated to everything else."

>_


//Thanks for the faster "Parser-GM Reply",although some of the ending part is unfinished ,nor I would want to cause any dubious guessing or any unjustified / unfruitful delay / slow-downn...

//it needs some polishing and resuming,who had both had been on course, and also I did not have currently less time for a wider back-tracking and precisation to  "limit more or less The Detailing and Lenght of the around 1-2 Post Replies " ...

// ...but also the need (what I am in the middle of doing in to  a lesser extent on Doll Quest's Foundation,1st Thread Page No.9,both the corrections,above and the folllwingone ) "Preserving All the Written ReplyAND Self-Proofread (On Smartphone WITH Longer Explainations-Clarifaction...AND Typos) WITHOUT turning time-consuming or cumbersone for all involved

> Think up and guess :Which kind of drink may we guess are " the closest equilibrium" between amongst our favourites our more or less Myourenji-Allowed and nearest to what the Scarlet Mansion through Remilia herself could offer?

> Also include "the closer equilibrium",if it would still be alright ,if it would not be troubling or similar for some part of the eventual spilling + our temporary need to put some real.effort, such would also be another smaller trial for "our own complete "original form-nature rehab ", indicating some eventual spill

> With those "2 equilibriums in consideration", answer Gratefully + "Explainfully" to Remilia's offer , and naturally be also accepting of advices.

> In The end all the "remembering and mentioning and noticing with more clarity " ,ANDnd Sakuya's in-this-later-part-of-meeting or another separate briefed meeting"?

> On the "Taint in Water to Yukari,Reminescence : " yes "The Taint in the Water and Only Actual "mostly a sort-of ambiental auraby my ,but not originating by her  my Corrupted Doppel-Ganger,then it disappeared when I defeated-vanished her, but,not being by her, it also returned to a lesser gradual extent the nearer I closed-in to.the "Formless One"highlighting the lesser gradual nearer..."

>...What other Applying Insights.are we leaving about "That Taint in the Water? Add & Reminesce..
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 30, 2022, 12:23:31 PM
> On the "Taint in Water to Yukari,Reminescence : " yes "The Taint in the Water and Only Actual "mostly a sort-of ambiental auraby my ,but not originating by her  my Corrputed Doppel-Ganger,then it disappeared when I defeated-vanished her, but,not being by her, it also returned to a lesser gradual extent the nearer I closed-in to.the "Formless One"highlighting the lesser gradual nearer..."

>...What other Applying Insights.are we leaving about "That Taint in the Water? Add & Reminesce..

Our best guess at what the stain was can be found here (https://www.shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=412.msg26650#msg26650).

> "It felt like it was composed of those memories and sensations from the Human Town I encountered."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 30, 2022, 07:46:38 PM
...
> On the "Taint in Water to Yukari,Reminescence : " yes "The Taint in the Water and Only Actual "mostly a sort-of ambiental auraby my ,but not originating by her  my Corrupted Doppel-Ganger,then it disappeared when I defeated-vanished her, but,not being by her, it also returned to a lesser gradual extent the nearer I closed-in to.the "Formless One"highlighting the lesser gradual nearer..."

Our best guess at what the stain was can be found here (https://www.shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=412.msg26650#msg26650).

> "It felt like it was composed of those memories and sensations from the Human Town I encountered."

> "It felt like it was composed of those memories and sensations from the Human Town I encountered."

// Thanks for the Backtracking Link//

> "and acted as a sort-of irritant to the " Formless One's Vast Watery Form"

> For more details and possibly  "The Taint's Particular Fluctuations" of the "Taint in the Water"... as I remarked before it feel perceivable when I was not that far,having had to leave behind after trying mostly in vain to inveetigate & help"the strangely fight-trapped but unable to beSakuya " and then keep proceeding to Southern Roome....

>...at its strongest when trying to face without being overtaken by my Corrupted Doppelganger... then seemingly disappered together when I defeated and she permanently vanished,...but then ,aothough "sort-of less dense""The Taint"returned when I come closer to the ",Formless one"" and when although I could cle4arly confirm its "tainting presence" when I was "Not-Mostly-Within-It"...
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 30, 2022, 11:51:56 PM
> Think up and guess :Which kind of drink may we guess are " the closest equilibrium" between amongst our favourites our more or less Myourenji-Allowed and nearest to what the Scarlet Mansion through Remilia herself could offer?

> Also include "the closer equilibrium",if it would still be alright ,if it would not be troubling or similar for some part of the eventual spilling + our temporary need to put some real.effort, such would also be another smaller trial for "our own complete "original form-nature rehab ", indicating some eventual spill

> With those "2 equilibriums in consideration", answer Gratefully + "Explainfully" to Remilia's offer , and naturally be also accepting of advices.

> In The end all the "remembering and mentioning and noticing with more clarity " ,ANDnd Sakuya's in-this-later-part-of-meeting or another separate briefed meeting"?

> On the "Taint in Water to Yukari,Reminescence : " yes "The Taint in the Water and Only Actual "mostly a sort-of ambiental auraby my ,but not originating by her  my Corrupted Doppel-Ganger,then it disappeared when I defeated-vanished her, but,not being by her, it also returned to a lesser gradual extent the nearer I closed-in to.the "Formless One"highlighting the lesser gradual nearer..."

>...What other Applying Insights.are we leaving about "That Taint in the Water? Add & Reminesce..


> "It felt like it was composed of those memories and sensations from the Human Town I encountered."

> "It felt like it was composed of those memories and sensations from the Human Town I encountered."

> "and acted as a sort-of irritant to the " Formless One's Vast Watery Form"

> For more details and possibly  "The Taint's Particular Fluctuations" of the "Taint in the Water"... as I remarked before it feel perceivable when I was not that far,having had to leave behind after trying mostly in vain to inveetigate & help"the strangely fight-trapped but unable to beSakuya " and then keep proceeding to Southern Roome....

>...at its strongest when trying to face without being overtaken by my Corrupted Doppelganger... then seemingly disappered together when I defeated and she permanently vanished,...but then ,aothough "sort-of less dense""The Taint"returned when I come closer to the ",Formless one"" and when although I could cle4arly confirm its "tainting presence" when I was "Not-Mostly-Within-It"...

>You'd probably do best with tea.
>"An irritant?" Patchouli says. "So this water thing had the capacity to feel like that?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2022, 12:25:21 AM
> "If it counts as feeling. And if my guess is correct, of course."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on October 31, 2022, 05:49:18 PM
> "If it counts as feeling. And if my guess is correct, of course."

>"And the only desire this thing had was to do as a large body of water does?" Yukari says. "Frankly, it sounds like you may have saved us all quite a bit of trouble."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2022, 05:55:45 PM
> To Yukari: "Not to brag too hard, but that's the impression I got, yeah. Gotta admit, I was getting pretty nervous about the prospect of being forced to stay there just to stop it from flooding Gensokyo until someone came for me; the fact that flowing myself inward brought me back here intact was more or less a lucky result of trying any random thing I could think of."
> To Remilia: "Ah, sorry for leaving you hanging. Tea would be appreciated."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 01, 2022, 12:47:01 AM
> To Yukari: "Not to brag too hard, but that's the impression I got, yeah. Gotta admit, I was getting pretty nervous about the prospect of being forced to stay there just to stop it from flooding Gensokyo until someone came for me; the fact that flowing myself inward brought me back here intact was more or less a lucky result of trying any random thing I could think of."
> To Remilia: "Ah, sorry for leaving you hanging. Tea would be appreciated."

>Remilia nods and produces a small bell. She gives it a single ring, and within moments a faerie maid hustles to her side. "Tea for Our guest," she says.
>Yukari nods. "I think I may have a decent idea of what has happened, now. But that taint is something of a puzzle. It's gone now, as far as you can tell?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2022, 12:48:19 AM
> Do we still feel that taint?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 01, 2022, 01:57:08 AM
> Do we still feel that taint?

>Not at all.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2022, 03:08:51 AM
> "I certainly don't feel it anymore. But I do still feel different. I, uh, I've had a Ghost Thing for the direction north for as long as I can remember...don't like it, don't like going in it, really don't like facing it while sitting down, always know where it is, that sort of thing. But ever since I came back...all of that's been gone."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 01, 2022, 04:26:50 AM
> "I certainly don't feel it anymore. But I do still feel different. I, uh, I've had a Ghost Thing for the direction north for as long as I can remember...don't like it, don't like going in it, really don't like facing it while sitting down, always know where it is, that sort of thing. But ever since I came back...all of that's been gone."

>"Fascinating," Remilia says. "It must be very strange to suddenly experience, no?"
>Yukari nods. "The feeling I get, then, is that it was an intrusive element."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2022, 12:10:50 PM
> "It is very weird, yeah. Like, I don't know if it means I'm Ready, or if it's just an incidental side effect of that...thing becoming part of me."
> Frown.
> "Which I'm still not sure I like."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 01, 2022, 04:08:00 PM
> "It is very weird, yeah. Like, I don't know if it means I'm Ready, or if it's just an incidental side effect of that...thing becoming part of me."
> Frown.
> "Which I'm still not sure I like."

>"At least it is not hostile?" Remilia says.
>"It doesn't seem to be much of anything," Yukari says. "It almost sounds like a divine spirit...but perhaps less so?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2022, 04:17:07 PM
> Does the rest of our Temple family know about our North boogityness?
> "...Yeah, I don't think it's hostile, given how it just sort of acted on what little base instinct it had. I guess this outcome isn't the worst outcome from having something irreversibly graft itself onto your existence."
> "Well. If none of the three of you are overly concerned, then I won't be, either. That just leaves one other mystery that I've been kinda putting on the back burner."
> "I did notice it have a few strange thoughts over the course of our encounter. The first one was, when it started thinking about its own origins, it was...how did it think about this? It was where it always was, then it was not. Part of it was in another place. A small part, but enough that it began to feel and to remember due to how different that other place was. From its perspective, at one point, there was suddenly land within it, and where that land was, part of it appeared, which is when the feeling and remembering began. The land went back, and it went back to where it belonged. But, and this is the weird part, it 'also fell somewhere'. I couldn't figure out what that 'somewhere' might have been, or how it fell there, or if that's even what actually happened and not simply how it parsed some other happening."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 01, 2022, 10:31:48 PM
> Does the rest of our Temple family know about our North boogityness?
> "...Yeah, I don't think it's hostile, given how it just sort of acted on what little base instinct it had. I guess this outcome isn't the worst outcome from having something irreversibly graft itself onto your existence."
> "Well. If none of the three of you are overly concerned, then I won't be, either. That just leaves one other mystery that I've been kinda putting on the back burner."
> "I did notice it have a few strange thoughts over the course of our encounter. The first one was, when it started thinking about its own origins, it was...how did it think about this? It was where it always was, then it was not. Part of it was in another place. A small part, but enough that it began to feel and to remember due to how different that other place was. From its perspective, at one point, there was suddenly land within it, and where that land was, part of it appeared, which is when the feeling and remembering began. The land went back, and it went back to where it belonged. But, and this is the weird part, it 'also fell somewhere'. I couldn't figure out what that 'somewhere' might have been, or how it fell there, or if that's even what actually happened and not simply how it parsed some other happening."

>They know about it in broad strokes. They don't ask much, and just made sure your seats were always facing elsewhere. Which is nice, it's a pain to explain it.
>"Mmm, yes," Yukari says. "I believe I know what that may be hinting at. It is a little complicated to summarize."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 01, 2022, 11:08:46 PM
> "Well, I'm obviously curious, but as long as it's not going to be a future problem, then I guess I don't really need to know."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 02, 2022, 02:40:48 AM
> "Well, I'm obviously curious, but as long as it's not going to be a future problem, then I guess I don't really need to know."

>"I'll tell you," says Yukari. "You've earned that much. You have a basic understanding of the incident that lead to Gensokyo being pulled into the outside world, I take it?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2022, 02:47:09 AM
> Look uncertain.
> "Really basic at best. Plus what I learned about myself from that nightmare me, I guess."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 02, 2022, 05:23:12 AM
> Look uncertain.
> "Really basic at best. Plus what I learned about myself from that nightmare me, I guess."

>"I think I understand the basics of it," Remilia says.
>"Is this about the dream everyone had years back?" Patchouli says.
>Yukari nods to you, seeming to ignore the witch. "That should be good enough, then. Suffice it to say, things were set right. But what had happened there wasn't exactly erased. Perhaps it should have been, but it was not. Instead, the memories and such persisted, and fell outside the coil of the universe, where it aggregated with other such detritus of reality and became a different kind of problem. Your little spectral friend experienced this as well, if I'm not mistaken."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2022, 02:33:36 PM
> Oh, right, Stargazer.
> Where is she right now?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 02, 2022, 04:08:56 PM
> Oh, right, Stargazer.
> Where is she right now?

>You think Tojiko mentioned something about her being left with Meiling?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2022, 04:14:46 PM
> "Huh. Is that where she came from, then?"
> Blink.
> "...She's not going to also absorb herself into me, is she? Because that would be weird."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 02, 2022, 09:20:08 PM
> "Huh. Is that where she came from, then?"
> Blink.
> "...She's not going to also absorb herself into me, is she? Because that would be weird."

>"I don't think she was born there," says Yukari, "But getting details is a little frustrating. Whether or not she does that, well, that's up to the two of you. Or at least up to her. Anyways, that detritus managed to mix and congeal into...something else entirely, we'll say. Something quite hostile to we youkai by its very nature. I journeyed there and dealt with it before it became a real problem, of course. And in the process, it seems that the various factors of it unzipped back down into something like their previous states. As for your little ocean, I daresay I even saw it while I was there. Though it was not quite where it should be; instead suspended above the sky by a kind of glass firmament. Or perhaps that was a coincidence?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 02, 2022, 09:32:29 PM
> "That could very well have been that water, for all I know. I don't know how much I can offer in that regard...I did try to pick through the Formless One's memories, such as they were, for a little bit. It seemed like it was separated from the water when it was switched back, the same way those memories were. And then there was some kind of time gap I don't understand where it was dormant. Then something else happened, and it ended up where I found it. Or it found me. Or whatever."
> "And just to make sure I'm aware, how would Stargazer absorb herself into me?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 03, 2022, 05:19:35 AM
> "That could very well have been that water, for all I know. I don't know how much I can offer in that regard...I did try to pick through the Formless One's memories, such as they were, for a little bit. It seemed like it was separated from the water when it was switched back, the same way those memories were. And then there was some kind of time gap I don't understand where it was dormant. Then something else happened, and it ended up where I found it. Or it found me. Or whatever."
> "And just to make sure I'm aware, how would Stargazer absorb herself into me?"

>"I have no idea," says Yukari. "I haven't a clue if that's within her capacity or not. Now, what is curious it that the eventI described was some time ago. This event, however, it began a few days ago."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 03, 2022, 10:12:34 AM
> "Maybe that's the period of time where it was dormant?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 03, 2022, 03:45:25 PM
Long-post-allocated?.TORY-REF.QUOTES*7

>"I think I understand the basics of it," Remilia says.
>"Is this about the dream everyone had years back?" Patchouli says.
>Yukari nods to you, seeming to ignore the witch. "That should be good enough, then. Suffice it to say, things were set right. But what had happened there wasn't exactly erased. Perhaps it should have been, but it was not. Instead, the memories and such persisted, and fell outside the coil of the universe, where it aggregated with other such detritus of reality and became a different kind of problem. Your little spectral friend experienced this as well, if I'm not mistaken."

>_
>"I think I understand the basics of it," Remilia says.
>"Is this about the dream everyone had years back?" Patchouli says.
>Yukari nods to you, seeming to ignore the witch. "That should be good enough, then. Suffice it to say, things were set right. But what had happened there wasn't exactly erased. Perhaps it should have been, but it was not. Instead, the memories and such persisted, and fell outside the coil of the universe, where it aggregated with other such detritus of reality and became a different kind of problem. Your little spectral friend experienced this as well, if I'm not mistaken."

>_
>"At least it is not hostile?" Remilia says.
>"It doesn't seem to be much of anything," Yukari says. "It almost sounds like a divine spirit...but perhaps less so?"

>_
> "That could very well have been that water, for all I know. I don't know how much I can offer in that regard...I did try to pick through the Formless One's memories, such as they were, for a little bit. It seemed like it was separated from the water when it was switched back, the same way those memories were. And then there was some kind of time gap I don't understand where it was dormant. Then something else happened, and it ended up where I found it. Or it found me. Or whatever."
> "And just to make sure I'm aware, how would Stargazer absorb herself into me?"
>"I have no idea," says Yukari. "I haven't a clue if that's within her capacity or not. Now, what is curious it that the eventI described was some time ago. This event, however, it began a few days ago."

>_
> "Maybe that's the period of time where it was dormant?"
//(Stargazer)... [
quote author=It's Purvis! link=topic=412.msg26797#msg26797 date=1666664106]
>"Suzunaan stays in business for a reason, I suppose," says Tojiko.

>Patchouli would probably love to hear about this, and would probably never admit it.
>It feels like a bad time to be moving right now.
>"Oh, I think Yukari left her off with Meiling," Tojiko says. "Once she called us all back, we met briefly at the Scarlet Devil Mansion to rest up and figure out what we could. Then she said you were probably back, but only had a general idea where to find you. I grabbed that coat out of a closet there, I thought maybe you'd be cold? We were all kind of chilly when we came woke up."

>_
[/quote]
... "the not-perceivable at such time" (during our brisk paxsage and hail,at Meiling),though perceivable to everyone ...apart confirm direct encounters  Shou,Byakuren,Ichirin ,.all in all almoxt all The Myouren Temple but Minamitsu Murasa...encountered after "The Return-Back from the Long Pseudo-Hallways of Re-Combined & Re-CongealedWillpower and  Will-powered Memories"//

>You follow her northward into the forest.
>Things are fairly peaceful this evening. You can hear faeries in the distance, laughing and playing. There's a bit of danmaku noise, but it's much more calm than it was this afternoon, when they were quite agitated. Every so often a stray leaf floats free, wafting across the path on the way to the ground. It doesn't take long for Misty Lake to appear through the trees ahead. Soon the walls of Scarlet Devil Mansion are plainly visible. Leaving the tree line, you come out reasonably close to the gates. Meiling notices you and waves.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 03, 2022, 05:19:30 PM
> "Maybe that's the period of time where it was dormant?"

>Yukari nods.
>"Which means something happened to make it rouse from its dormancy," says Patchouli.
>"Something unrelated to the previous events, I would imagine," says Yukari.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 03, 2022, 05:29:17 PM
> "It did feel as though it had rejoined with the rest of itself, but also that it had not, and that something 'was not as it should be'. I don't know if that's related or not, though."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 03, 2022, 11:54:46 PM
> "It did feel as though it had rejoined with the rest of itself, but also that it had not, and that something 'was not as it should be'. I don't know if that's related or not, though."

>"I wonder if that's just its perception of being separated from the material water?" Patchouli says.
>A faerie reappears, holding a tray toward you with a cup of brown tea on it. It is set upon the doily with a couple spots of spilled tea on it.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2022, 12:28:13 AM
> Nod to the fairy.
> "Thanks."
> Take the cup and have a sip.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 04, 2022, 01:41:03 AM
> Nod to the fairy.
> "Thanks."
> Take the cup and have a sip.

>The faerie beams, then skittlers away, holding the tray over her head with both hands.
>The tea has a rich flavor, just bitter enough to raise a nice counterpoint to it.
>"So I believe this taint, whatever it is, is our catalyst for the whole event," Yukari says. "Which implies, it only happened a few days ago. Or reached a tipping point at that time, perhaps?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2022, 01:45:54 AM
> "Ooh, this is good. Glad that absorbing random phantom spirits hasn't changed my taste buds like it changed my north thingy."
> Sip again.
> To Yukari:
> "Did anything out of the ordinary happen a few days ago, maybe? Maybe the barrier got woobly or something? Though maybe not, since you seem like you'd already know if that were the case and wouldn't be surmising these sorts of things out loud to randos like me."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 04, 2022, 02:56:27 AM
> "Ooh, this is good. Glad that absorbing random phantom spirits hasn't changed my taste buds like it changed my north thingy."
> Sip again.
> To Yukari:
> "Did anything out of the ordinary happen a few days ago, maybe? Maybe the barrier got woobly or something? Though maybe not, since you seem like you'd already know if that were the case and wouldn't be surmising these sorts of things out loud to randos like me."

>"You're hardly a random person, you were at the epicenter of this whole event," Yukari says. "And, I've not seen anything. But, I think perhaps what happened is outside of my purview, given what you've told us about experiencing the taint."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2022, 03:22:37 AM
> How long ago did we start feeling like something was wrong?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 04, 2022, 05:12:19 AM
> How long ago did we start feeling like something was wrong?

>This morning.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2022, 04:51:57 PM
> "I didn't start feeling like something was wrong until this morning. If something happened a few days ago, I don't know what it might have been."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 04, 2022, 07:53:01 PM
> "I didn't start feeling like something was wrong until this morning. If something happened a few days ago, I don't know what it might have been."

>"I've been trying to deal with it for a few days now," Yukari says. "Frankly, I wasn't getting much of anywhere until you directed my attention toward the problem. I assume this morning is when it reached a tipping point, and you became involved."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 04, 2022, 07:53:59 PM
> "Oh. Um, happy to help, I guess."
> Sip.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 04, 2022, 09:06:41 PM
//At a later point in time.we should also go back to Eientei for their "part of explaining report,but not warranting a meeting, and mostly to Eirin due to their help+involment in this incident( between the ending pages of https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=22258.0
and those at the beginning of https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=21553.0 :
Mai's Capture & Interrogation & Clear-Up after the "Misunderstood" Doremy's Kidnapping ,leading Mai to lead Murasa&Tojiko&Stargazer to Okina in her "Land of Back Doors",  leading Okina to lead The Trio to  "Mayohiga" and then to a Yukari whch was busily reseraching about  This Incident as well because she was to be affected by it in the future in a different way and more dangerous manner than Murasa... )//
>"I wonder if that's just its perception of being separated from the material water?" Patchouli says.
>A faerie reappears, holding a tray toward you with a cup of brown tea on it. It is set upon the doily with a couple spots of spilled tea on it.

>_

> To Patchouli :"It is a possibility since The Formless One,since when I Flowed-Mixed into It had already gained.a sort-of self-awareness,memories and feelings defined itself as...

>..." Vast and Without Form,Freely and Continuously Flowing from Place to Place,Many Beings had Flow-in & out of Itself"

>"I've been trying to deal with it for a few days now," Yukari says. "Frankly, I wasn't getting much of anywhere until you directed my attention toward the problem. I assume this morning is when it reached a tipping point, and you became involved."

>_

> To Yukari :"Yes,from this morning onwards,I felt.... weird ... like started to be gradually dragged out of Gensokyo...then the Displacements actually happened several times,and " each 1 longer than the previous and with more will-powered memories populating that Ocean-Bottom-lik Displaced Dimension-like ..."

>"...the most striking were the "Flooded Uninhabited Human Village"to to "our latest group&expedition voyage "when there was" a Flooded Uninhabited Replica of Most of Gensokyo..."

>"...before the "Human Village's Replica" ,while exploring I found Stargazer "in a giant Man o' War Shape"l,and later we gradually investigated&discovered together,also with help by Patchouli and Tojiko ,that "she is originally from a Gensokyo but Forcefully and Long-Term Displaced there"...

>...well,it is is an enlighting sign in itself that Stargazer is from "a Gensokyo" based about
her True Form in Gensokyo ,the Spectral Were-Hakutaku one, "actually radiating true sort-of feelings" of "being freed and unencumbered" ,together with confirming with Keine that Stargazer not a Separated Part of Herself but an Indipendent Being...."

> About Stargazer herself...did we not notice Her Presence or at least Spotted her "Yukari-Treated Binding-Cactus" at the Gate,around Meiling?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 05, 2022, 12:31:41 AM
> "Oh. Um, happy to help, I guess."
> Sip.

>"You certainly did, thank you," Yukari says. You think she just stifled a yawn.
>The tea is nice. Just being able to relax here is nice.

> To Yukari :"Yes,from this morning onwards,I felt.... weird ... like started to be gradually dragged out of Gensokyo...then the Displacements actually happened several times,and " each 1 longer than the previous and with more will-powered memories populating that Ocean-Bottom-lik Displaced Dimension-like ..."

>"...the most striking were the "Flooded Uninhabited Human Village"to to "our latest group&expedition voyage "when there was" a Flooded Uninhabited Replica of Most of Gensokyo..."

>"...before the "Human Village's Replica" ,while exploring I found Stargazer "in a giant Man o' War Shape"l,and later we gradually investigated&discovered together,also with help by Patchouli and Tojiko ,that "she is originally from a Gensokyo but Forcefully and Long-Term Displaced there"...

>...well,it is is an enlighting sign in itself that Stargazer is from "a Gensokyo" based about
her True Form in Gensokyo ,the Spectral Were-Hakutaku one, "actually radiating true sort-of feelings" of "being freed and unencumbered" ,together with confirming with Keine that Stargazer not a Separated Part of Herself but an Indipendent Being...."

> About Stargazer herself...did we not notice Her Presence or at least Spotted her "Yukari-Treated Binding-Cactus" at the Gate,around Meiling?

>Yukari nods. "I don't think she would have been the trigger for this all, personally."
>"I do wonder about the man-o-war aspect, though," says Patchouli. "It had to happen for a reason, no?"
>"Perhaps," Yukari says. "But I feel it's not related to the matter at hand."
>You did not see the cactus. Perhaps she put it up somewhere?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 05, 2022, 12:35:37 AM
> "Maybe Keine would know. Also, not to drink and run, but I think I'm starting to shut down. Uh, in the normal sleepy way, not in some fresh new horror way."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 05, 2022, 03:34:39 AM
> "Maybe Keine would know. Also, not to drink and run, but I think I'm starting to shut down. Uh, in the normal sleepy way, not in some fresh new horror way."

>"If you need a place to rest," Remilia says, "We would be all too happy to have a guest room prepared."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 05, 2022, 03:57:42 AM
> Is Tojiko present, or did we leave her at the gate?
> Did we make any sort of plans with Hijiri to return to the temple?
> If we accept this offer, are we aware of any expectations to return the favor later?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 05, 2022, 05:20:24 PM
> Is Tojiko present, or did we leave her at the gate?
> Did we make any sort of plans with Hijiri to return to the temple?
> If we accept this offer, are we aware of any expectations to return the favor later?

>She's with you, she's just been quiet; letting Yukari and Patchouli have their say.
>Not in particular. Though if you don't come home and don't send word, you just know she'll be worried.
>You suspect Remilia would consider you obligated to at least slightly advocate in her favor if she needed something from someone within the Myouren Temple and it wasn't obviously unreasonable.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 05, 2022, 09:34:02 PM
> How are we expected to address Remilia?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 05, 2022, 10:36:00 PM
> How are we expected to address Remilia?

>You can certainly refuse if you want. You can say about whatever you want, as long as you aren't rude or boorish about them.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 05, 2022, 10:38:26 PM
> Sorry, how are we expected to refer to Remilia while addressing her? Is there a specific expected name/title combination?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 06, 2022, 01:05:48 AM
> Sorry, how are we expected to refer to Remilia while addressing her? Is there a specific expected name/title combination?

>She prefers to be called Lady Scarlet when you're being polite. But most people just call her Remilia.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 06, 2022, 01:40:26 AM
> Mull the offer over with a "Mmmmm..."
> Look around at who is present, giving slightly more attention to Tojiko.
> "...I'm afraid I must decline, Lady Scarlet. Your offer is generous and appreciated, but I get the distinct feeling Hijiri wants me home this evening, for her own peace of mind."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 06, 2022, 02:30:54 AM
> Mull the offer over with a "Mmmmm..."
> Look around at who is present, giving slightly more attention to Tojiko.
> "...I'm afraid I must decline, Lady Scarlet. Your offer is generous and appreciated, but I get the distinct feeling Hijiri wants me home this evening, for her own peace of mind."

>"Ah, no matter, then," says Remilia.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 06, 2022, 03:04:25 AM
> "Sorry. Though I do still want to apologize to Sakuya before I leave, if she's available."
> Sip.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 06, 2022, 05:51:49 AM
> "Sorry. Though I do still want to apologize to Sakuya before I leave, if she's available."
> Sip.

>"I'm sure she'll show up sooner or later," Remilia says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 06, 2022, 12:23:28 PM
> Nod.
> "As you say, then."
> Sip.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 06, 2022, 04:02:18 PM
 :point:
Quote from: Kilgamayan
link=topic=412.msg26978#msg26978 date=1667698826
> Mull the offer over with a "Mmmmm..."
> Look around at who is present, giving slightly more attention to Tojiko.
> "...I'm afraid I must decline, Lady Scarlet. Your offer is generous and appreciated, but I get the distinct feeling Hijiri wants me home this evening, for her own peace of mind."
>"I'm sure she'll show up sooner or later," Remilia says.

>_
:point:

> Are we missing  :spell: any beat :spell: " any carried items,apart for the "Stargazer's Special.Cactus presently at The Gate By Meiling " we had  this would also count for the"Those Large Pieces of Curtains in-between Those Rooms in That Long-Hallway ",are there? Any unrecognised ones ?
 :point:
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 06, 2022, 08:04:18 PM
> Are we missing  :spell: any beat :spell: " any carried items,apart for the "Stargazer's Special.Cactus presently at The Gate By Meiling " we had  this would also count for the"Those Large Pieces of Curtains in-between Those Rooms in That Long-Hallway ",are there? Any unrecognised ones ?
 :point:

>Tojiko is floating next you, Yukari and Remilia are seated at a small table; Patchouli is at her usual table. Every so often, you have heard someone thumping around between the bookshelves. You suspect that might be Flandre. Patchouli's familiar hasn't been seen during this visit.
>You seem not to have any pieces of ripped curtain with you.

> Nod.
> "As you say, then."
> Sip.

>"Do you have any further findings to share?" Patchouli says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 06, 2022, 08:17:17 PM
> "I don't think so. I guess we'll just have to see what happens to me in the coming days, if anything."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 07, 2022, 01:36:35 AM
> "I don't think so. I guess we'll just have to see what happens to me in the coming days, if anything."

>"I don't see anything particularly worrying," Yukari says. "But do be careful."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 07, 2022, 02:32:28 AM
> "Of course. And thank you all again for being substantial reasons there isn't anything worrying to see."
> Sip.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 07, 2022, 03:20:52 AM
> "Of course. And thank you all again for being substantial reasons there isn't anything worrying to see."
> Sip.

>"I don't think we really did all that much, did we?" Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 07, 2022, 03:27:28 AM
> "Wisdon and peace of mind is certainly worth something. Never find actually physically finding me in the middle of nowhere."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 08, 2022, 04:37:23 AM
> "Wisdon and peace of mind is certainly worth something. Never find actually physically finding me in the middle of nowhere."

>"You weren't that far away, someone would have found you, I'm sure," Tojiko says. "...Probably some faeries."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 08, 2022, 04:45:23 AM
> Smile a little bit.
> "It's okay, you know. You can accept the appreciation."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 08, 2022, 05:43:08 AM
> Smile a little bit.
> "It's okay, you know. You can accept the appreciation."

>She just shrugs.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 08, 2022, 11:36:23 AM
> Finish our tea off, if we haven't already.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 08, 2022, 05:43:49 PM
> Finish our tea off, if we haven't already.

>You finish off your tea, even the dregs are lovely.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 08, 2022, 07:31:31 PM
> "And thank you for this."
> Gently set the cup down where it was.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 08, 2022, 08:45:29 PM

>"Do you have any further findings to share?" Patchouli says.

>_
>"I'm sure she'll show up sooner or later," Remilia says.

>_

> Take some moments to ponder about if we did miss sething to share about while we wait a bit for Sakuya to arrive,before we l go "pick up" Stargazer and leave to give that "report"' to Eientei...

>...ask about  if "Those Sudden-Appearance Underwater Trees"were from the "Great Aggregate Very Hostile to Youkai" Yukari mentioned,and add that Stargazer did confide to us that when "she was thrown into that Underwater Dimension-like Place,not much later she was joined there by numbers of angered entities ".

>... even though It is not directly related to "The Incident"...mention that you are wondering about how Utsuho and Stargazer already know each other on established friendly tesrms ,and that "Corrupted Doppelganger Minamitsu Murasa" as well which we knew somehow she had "Shady Dealings as an Harbour Master"...is it all related to the " Gensokyo-wide Shared Dream".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 09, 2022, 10:27:03 PM
> "And thank you for this."
> Gently set the cup down where it was.

>"It is nothing," Remilia says. "We hope it was up to your standards."

> Take some moments to ponder about if we did miss sething to share about while we wait a bit for Sakuya to arrive,before we l go "pick up" Stargazer and leave to give that "report"' to Eientei...

>...ask about  if "Those Sudden-Appearance Underwater Trees"were from the "Great Aggregate Very Hostile to Youkai" Yukari mentioned,and add that Stargazer did confide to us that when "she was thrown into that Underwater Dimension-like Place,not much later she was joined there by numbers of angered entities ".

>... even though It is not directly related to "The Incident"...mention that you are wondering about how Utsuho and Stargazer already know each other on established friendly tesrms ,and that "Corrupted Doppelganger Minamitsu Murasa" as well which we knew somehow she had "Shady Dealings as an Harbour Master"...is it all related to the " Gensokyo-wide Shared Dream".

>You don't think you missed anything major.
>"Ah, the trees," Yukari says. "I did a little investigating while you four were away. They were sycamores, hail from the New World, on shores so far to the east they become west again."
>"I imagine they met during that incident," Yukari says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 09, 2022, 10:38:25 PM
> Nod to Remilia. "Most definitely."
> To Yukari: "Huh. There's an east so far east its actually west? ...I guess something has to be out there..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 10, 2022, 06:22:59 AM
> Nod to Remilia. "Most definitely."
> To Yukari: "Huh. There's an east so far east its actually west? ...I guess something has to be out there..."

>"It's a strange place," Yukari says. "Best not to worry about it too much. But, it is where the other shores of the ocean lie, which given what you've told us, may suggest why those trees were there."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 10, 2022, 01:16:28 PM
> "Neat."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 10, 2022, 06:12:52 PM
> "Neat."

>Yukari seems amused by that response, tired but amused. "Don't let us keep you, if there's nothing else."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 10, 2022, 07:58:38 PM
> Nod and get up.
> "Right. Looks like you could use a hay to hit as well, honestly."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 11, 2022, 04:16:03 AM
> Nod and get up.
> "Right. Looks like you could use a hay to hit as well, honestly."

>"Once I'm sure all the loose ends have been wrapped up," she says. "Don't worry about me, it could have been much worse."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 11, 2022, 04:43:26 PM
> "You got it."
> Give Remilia a short bow.
> "Have a good evening, Lady Scarlet."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 11, 2022, 10:17:54 PM
> "You got it."
> Give Remilia a short bow.
> "Have a good evening, Lady Scarlet."

>"Do take care," Remilia says. "We shall await your next visit."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 11, 2022, 10:35:37 PM
> "I'll definitely be here."
> Give Patchouli a wave, and then head back out to the gate. Make a point to stop if we see Sakuya approaching us, however.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 12, 2022, 01:20:24 AM
> "I'll definitely be here."
> Give Patchouli a wave, and then head back out to the gate. Make a point to stop if we see Sakuya approaching us, however.

>Patchouli gives you a little wave in response as you depart.
>Tojiko drifts along after you. "So, what's the next step?" she says. "I mean, after you rest up?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 12, 2022, 02:55:05 AM
> "I don't know. Is there even one? I guess I could try going back to the water world, maybe."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 12, 2022, 05:38:25 AM
> "I don't know. Is there even one? I guess I could try going back to the water world, maybe."

>"I don't know if that would work," says Tojiko. "From what Yukari told us, before we found you, it vanished."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 12, 2022, 11:56:00 AM
> "I don't really think it would work either, but in not sure what else to try. Oh, though, I suppose I could try traveling northward and see how far I can go before I don't want to anymore."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 12, 2022, 05:42:14 PM
> "I don't really think it would work either, but in not sure what else to try. Oh, though, I suppose I could try traveling northward and see how far I can go before I don't want to anymore."

>Tojiko nods. "Maybe we should visit Eientei again, to make sure nothing's wrong?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 12, 2022, 05:43:29 PM
> "That sounds like a reasonable idea to me, yeah."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 12, 2022, 10:35:31 PM
> "I don't know. Is there even one? I guess I could try going back to the water world, maybe."
>"I don't know if that would work," says Tojiko. "From what Yukari told us, before we found you, it vanished."

>_
> "I don't really think it would work either, but in not sure what else to try. Oh, though, I suppose I could try traveling northward and see how far I can go before I don't want to anymore."

//I am Concurring  it is worth a good(as neat ?)and tempered(relative along with temperance) "northern seeking-working activity"//

> "That sounds like a reasonable idea to me, yeah."

> Before moving on to traveling & reaching (the) Eientei , we also better speak about and actually stop by (the)Mansion's Gate to take along ans tofetherfor some brief and neat conversation with thankings on top for "Meiling's extra gate-guest guarding & care "where,we have Temporary left the same Atargazee

> ...so it is to help her along traveling along  and "explaining ourselves.reciprocally in truth..." together some more in 3 ..before ,if we are not misremembering anything,
the time and place to make a more final.reunion with her and.Utsuho,last time on one of her turn at The Kappa Academy Higher Institute  University the Kappa Village

>. Encounters of " Someone" or "something "we are sort-of acquainted with or sort-of.interesting on our way and zones ?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 13, 2022, 03:42:26 AM
> "That sounds like a reasonable idea to me, yeah."

// It is worth.a good and tempered(

> Before moving on to traveling & reaching (the) Eientei , we also better speak about and actually stop by (the)Mansion's Gate ,for some brief and neat conversation with thankings on top for "Meiling's extra guarding"where we leave left Stargazer in (both temporay)tow and in care by Meiling's...

> … to help her along before

> Ar we encountering " Someone" or.something we knlw on our.way up to the outside?

>The two of you make your way outside into the cool autumn evening. You note Shou speaking with Meiling by the gates.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 13, 2022, 07:55:02 AM
>The two of you make your way outside into the cool autumn evening. You note Shou speaking with Meiling by the gates.

>_

// I am writing,sorry about taking space(and time reading up) this not-roleplay/not-CyoA reply becauase I have been tardy ,,just a few minutes ago,to finish Complering & Editing my previous post. be as it may no worresv about since iit isjust the 2nd added command-action might bear forward a little ...."  :extend: Fruitfulness".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 13, 2022, 01:06:00 PM
> Make our way over to them. When we see that they're looking at us, give them a short wave.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 13, 2022, 04:50:56 PM
//I am Concurring  it is worth a good(as neat ?)and tempered(relative along with temperance) "northern seeking-working activity"//

> Before moving on to traveling & reaching (the) Eientei , we also better speak about and actually stop by (the)Mansion's Gate to take along ans tofetherfor some brief and neat conversation with thankings on top for "Meiling's extra gate-guest guarding & care "where,we have Temporary left the same Atargazee

> ...so it is to help her along traveling along  and "explaining ourselves.reciprocally in truth..." together some more in 3 ..before ,if we are not misremembering anything,
the time and place to make a more final.reunion with her and.Utsuho,last time on one of her turn at The Kappa Academy Higher Institute  University the Kappa Village

>. Encounters of " Someone" or "something "we are sort-of acquainted with or sort-of.interesting on our way and zones ?

>It should be at the university.

> Make our way over to them. When we see that they're looking at us, give them a short wave.

>You approach and give a short wave when Shou looks over toward you, which she returns. "Murasa!" she says, "Are you okay?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 13, 2022, 06:04:17 PM
> Smile a bit.
> "Okay enough. It's a pretty wild story. If you can wait, I'd like to fill in everyone back home."
> "How about you? Last I saw you in that water world, you'd gotten got real good."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 13, 2022, 08:52:27 PM
>Do we have any idea why we specifically were the one affected most by this incident?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 13, 2022, 09:00:38 PM
> Smile a bit.
> "Okay enough. It's a pretty wild story. If you can wait, I'd like to fill in everyone back home."
> "How about you? Last I saw you in that water world, you'd gotten got real good."

>"That's a relief," Shou says as you reach the gates. "Meiling told me you were back, which is a weight off my chest. I was afraid you had gone to sleep already in there."
>"Oh, I was?" Shou says. "I don't really know what happened in there. That's about as embarrassing as I thought it was, though."

>Do we have any idea why we specifically were the one affected most by this incident?

>That is a fantastic question.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 13, 2022, 10:14:16 PM
> "Yeah. Sorry. It should theoretically be resolved now, though. At the very least, Yukari seems satisfied, and that's good enough for me. I'm about ready to go home, tell my story, and crash for the night."
> Look to Tojiko.
> "With that said, what do you want to do? You're welcome to join us if you'd like."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 14, 2022, 03:46:54 AM
> "Yeah. Sorry. It should theoretically be resolved now, though. At the very least, Yukari seems satisfied, and that's good enough for me. I'm about ready to go home, tell my story, and crash for the night."
> Look to Tojiko.
> "With that said, what do you want to do? You're welcome to join us if you'd like."

>"We'd love to have you, Miss Tojiko," says Shou.
>"I might," Tojiko says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 14, 2022, 04:02:29 AM
> "It's up to you. You could bring some of your friends, if you need to. I bet they'll want to know how this all ended. But if you have things to do, that's okay too."
> ...Huh. If we're at this point socially, and we're no longer concerned with North...is it possible that statement thingy Sakuya had was actually real, and our signature wasn't on it it because we'll eventually feel Ready and move on?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 14, 2022, 05:37:42 AM
> "It's up to you. You could bring some of your friends, if you need to. I bet they'll want to know how this all ended. But if you have things to do, that's okay too."
> ...Huh. If we're at this point socially, and we're no longer concerned with North...is it possible that statement thingy Sakuya had was actually real, and our signature wasn't on it it because we'll eventually feel Ready and move on?

>"I wouldn't want to bother the Crown Prince at this time of night," Tojiko says. "And...well, bringing Futo would end poorly, I think."
>...That's entirely possible, isn't it?

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 14, 2022, 05:53:17 AM
> Hmm.
> Well, that'll just have to be one of death's little mysteries.
> "...I suppose that's entirely possible, huh. Well, like I said, it's up to you."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 14, 2022, 08:09:10 PM
> Hmm.
> Well, that'll just have to be one of death's little mysteries.
> "...I suppose that's entirely possible, huh. Well, like I said, it's up to you."

>"I'll think about it, at the least I can escort you back, since it's on the way," says Tojiko.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 14, 2022, 08:11:25 PM
> Nod.
> "That's fine."
> Look to Meiling.
> "Would you mind asking Sakuya to come see me the next time she visits our place?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 15, 2022, 12:58:49 AM
> Did we ever "introduce"Shou to Stargazer?

>If not,this is a good opportunity to do so,and if they already "introduced"we can at least make some more traveling together.

>"I'll think about it, at the least I can escort you back, since it's on the way," says Tojiko.

>_

> We did all.agree our next stop should be "going to and reporting to.Eientei",did we not?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 15, 2022, 02:55:11 AM
> Nod.
> "That's fine."
> Look to Meiling.
> "Would you mind asking Sakuya to come see me the next time she visits our place?"

>"Oh yeah, I can do that," she says. "If you hang around, I'm sure she'll be back soon."

> Did we ever "introduce"Shou to Stargazer?

>If not,this is a good opportunity to do so,and if they already "introduced"we can at least make some more traveling together.

> We did all.agree our next stop should be "going to and reporting to.Eientei",did we not?

>You don't think Shou has properly met Stargazer yet.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 15, 2022, 04:12:55 AM
> Does Meiling have Stargazer?
> "Where is she?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 15, 2022, 07:21:12 AM
> Does Meiling have Stargazer?
> "Where is she?"

>You don't see any cacti in her possession, at least.
>"Somewhere out in the forest, searching," Meiling says. "But she'll be back soon."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 15, 2022, 11:23:09 AM
> Did we leave Stargazer here?
> How are we feeling? Awake enough to wait?
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 15, 2022, 05:32:14 PM
> Did we leave Stargazer here?
> How are we feeling? Awake enough to wait?

>You didn't, you left her with Yukari. Tojiko said that Meiling has her.
>You're not especially drowsy at the moment. You probably have a few good hours left in you if you don't mind blacking out the moment you hit the pillow and sleeping til midmorning at best. Which you shouldn't do, but you're sure Hijiri will understand given everything.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 15, 2022, 05:34:53 PM
> "Mmm. I think I can wait a bit, in that case."
> Lean up against the wall near the gate (on the outside of the gate so we're still conversationally close to Meiling).
> "How's my little cactus doing, anyway?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 16, 2022, 09:18:04 PM
> "Mmm. I think I can wait a bit, in that case."
> Lean up against the wall near the gate (on the outside of the gate so we're still conversationally close to Meiling).
> "How's my little cactus doing, anyway?"

>"Oh, I put it in my guard station," Meiling says. "Forgot all about it, honestly"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 16, 2022, 09:40:29 PM
> "I should probably take it with me, if that's okay."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 17, 2022, 06:07:54 PM
> "I should probably take it with me, if that's okay."

>"Oh! Sure, give me a second," Meiling says, as she heads for the guard house.
>"You look like you're okay," Shou says. "Did anything bad happen in there?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 17, 2022, 06:08:30 PM
> Nod back toward the mansion.
> "In there? Naw, not at all."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 18, 2022, 12:46:30 AM
> Nod back toward the mansion.
> "In there? Naw, not at all."

>"No! I mean in that weird flooded world." Shou says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 18, 2022, 01:06:56 AM
> Chuckle.
> "Sorry. Yeah, it got pretty dicey for a bit there. But we're pretty sure it all worked out."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 18, 2022, 02:28:20 AM
> Chuckle.
> "Sorry. Yeah, it got pretty dicey for a bit there. But we're pretty sure it all worked out."

>Shou nods, though her expression shows she's not quite satisfied with that. "As long as you're alright," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 18, 2022, 04:54:16 AM
> "We'll just have to wait and see about that. I feel fine right now, but it's not every day a formless entity mixes its existence with your own, so who knows what that might mean for my future. But Yukari's not worried, so it's probably fine."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 18, 2022, 04:58:14 PM
>Shou nods, though her expression shows she's not quite satisfied with that. "As long as you're alright," she says.

>_

> " At that time I too had been worried about,sigh somewhat for  the past worry,you,Sakuya and Tojiko,that is the order I had come across you 3,finding you in a sort-of.harried state in dfferent shape..."

> "...yet we managed to ,smile of relief & gratitude ,pull through with some help".

> " Oh,did you wish to hear about anything particular which.happened over There such as my very conflicting with a Corrupted Doppelganger of mine,or any other?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 18, 2022, 05:54:26 PM
> " At that time I too had been worried about,sigh somewhat for  the past worry,you,Sakuya and Tojiko,that is the order I had come across you 3,finding you in a sort-of.harried state in dfferent shape..."

> "...yet we managed to ,smile of relief & gratitude ,pull through with some help".

> " Oh,did you wish to hear about anything particular which.happened over There such as my very conflicting with a Corrupted Doppelganger of mine,or any other?"

>"Oh, you saw one of those too?" Shou says.

> "We'll just have to wait and see about that. I feel fine right now, but it's not every day a formless entity mixes its existence with your own, so who knows what that might mean for my future. But Yukari's not worried, so it's probably fine."

>She blinks, and tilts her head a little. You can very nearly imagine her having tiger ears and flicking them like a dismayed cat.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 18, 2022, 06:04:23 PM
> Shrug.
> "If I had more of a meaningful clue, I'd offer it. Whatever happened, though, I'm suddenly okay with north for some reason, so that's good."
> "So you saw another version of yourself, then? What was she like?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 19, 2022, 01:08:07 AM
> Shrug.
> "If I had more of a meaningful clue, I'd offer it. Whatever happened, though, I'm suddenly okay with north for some reason, so that's good."
> "So you saw another version of yourself, then? What was she like?"

>"Oh, is that so?" she says. "What does that mean?"
>Shou lets the question drop as you ask her instead. "I did. She was...really scary. I don't know why, she seemed nice? Her cloths where weird, and I think she was a human rather than a youkai. But I just couldn't..."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 19, 2022, 01:24:00 AM
> "I don't know what it might mean, other than I can sit facing north just fine now. Though, actually, it was pretty handy always knowing which way north is, so not having an internal compass anymore might be inconvenient."
> "Your other you seemed nice, huh? Mine didn't put on any such airs. That woman was ruthless."
> Frown.
> "I hope it was just a different possible me, and not like, someone I was that I don't remember being. Especially since I'm pretty sure her life was full of illicit activity..."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Yaersulf on November 19, 2022, 09:04:48 AM
>"Also, 'she seemed nice' is just you looking in the mirror. You old docile housecat you."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 19, 2022, 10:28:56 PM
> "I don't know what it might mean, other than I can sit facing north just fine now. Though, actually, it was pretty handy always knowing which way north is, so not having an internal compass anymore might be inconvenient."
> "Your other you seemed nice, huh? Mine didn't put on any such airs. That woman was ruthless."
> Frown.
> "I hope it was just a different possible me, and not like, someone I was that I don't remember being. Especially since I'm pretty sure her life was full of illicit activity..."

>She nods. wise enough to know that there's little useful she can say.
>"Well, she "seemed" nice," Shou says. "Just...I knew something was deeply wrong. I couldn't run, but I wanted to with every ounce of my being..."
>"I'm sure if it is the second case, you weren't a bad person!" says Shou.

>"Also, 'she seemed nice' is just you looking in the mirror. You old docile housecat you."

>"I'm not that docile!" Shou says.
>Meiling returns, carrying a familiar cactus. "I hope you don't mind, but I put a little bit of fertilizer in its soil," she says as she offers it to you. "It should touch it up nicely."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 19, 2022, 11:13:58 PM
> "Thanks!"
> Take the cactus and feel (non-physically) for Stargazer.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 20, 2022, 01:45:30 AM
> "Thanks!"
> Take the cactus and feel (non-physically) for Stargazer.

>You obtain: Potted Cactus
>Stargazer is there, but inactive.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 20, 2022, 02:00:38 AM
> Look back to Shou.
> "But yeah, that's about the short of it. You'll get a longer version once we're back home."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 20, 2022, 05:05:06 AM
> Look back to Shou.
> "But yeah, that's about the short of it. You'll get a longer version once we're back home."

>Shou nods. "Alright, that's fine. Is there anything you need, perhaps?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 20, 2022, 08:00:07 AM
> Shake our head.
> "Nothing that I think anyone can actually provide."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 21, 2022, 12:44:27 AM
> Shake our head.
> "Nothing that I think anyone can actually provide."

>"The doctor at Eientei can at least provide a check up," says Tojiko.
>"Oh, that is a good idea," says Shou.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 21, 2022, 01:53:48 AM
> "Mmm. I don't have any expectations, honestly, but I also have no reason to not try, so."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 21, 2022, 03:51:57 AM
....
>"Well, she "seemed" nice," Shou says. "Just...I knew something was deeply wrong. I couldn't run, but I wanted to with every ounce of my being..."
>"I'm sure if it is the second case, you weren't a bad person!" says Shou.
....

(//If I am recalliing and ref.the reading&insighting&Q&A correctly....Gensokyo's Isle versions(Utsuho Quest-A-Z...on www.shrinemaiden.org / MotK V.1)of "Minamitsu Murasa" and "Shou Toramaru" (+the 1 here before briefly described by Tojiko)where among those of "the most vaguely hinted,never encountered,but most negativey affected("Inside or influenced by the Occultist/Criminal/Mafia sides of Gensokyo Isle") among the Gensokyan Youkai and Youkai-equivalents...//)

(//...so for those causes in here, in "Murasa Quest-A-Z", those 2(+1 with. the Tojiko's 1) Gensokyo Isle's Versions they have involved in tuening up as "Human-like Hostile  Doppelgangers" rather than ,ref. to the more Benevolent Gensokyo Isle's Human-Turned Gensokyans, "Human-Turned & Inducted Alt. Versions //)
>You obtain: Potted Cactus
>Stargazer is there, but inactive.

>_

> Like Stargazer is"Resting" or "Deep Relaxing?

> In any case,stay aware if she "becomes active again",and also try to "contact-perceive her from time to time"
>"The doctor at Eientei can at least provide a check up," says Tojiko.
>"Oh, that is a good idea," says Shou.

>_
> "Mmm. I don't have any expectations, honestly, but I also have no reason to not try, so."

> "The next destination to go now is still Eientei then , Eirin mostly and so far, both for their more.concise report and update in addition to,up to the point and to the what it may be measured a check-up for myself".

> Final parting thanks+goodbyes to Meiling,and then...

> ...take fly with Tojiko(since Shou is likely to.return either to the Myouren Templ, or to her Clothing&Style Store or near them by the Human Village) to the Bamboo Forest of the Lost and then on "Float&Foot" tothe Eientei Mansion.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 21, 2022, 07:28:10 AM
(//If I am recalliing and ref.the reading&insighting&Q&A correctly....Gensokyo's Isle versions(Utsuho Quest-A-Z...on www.shrinemaiden.org / MotK V.1)of "Minamitsu Murasa" and "Shou Toramaru" (+the 1 here before briefly described by Tojiko)where among those of "the most vaguely hinted,never encountered,but most negativey affected("Inside or influenced by the Occultist/Criminal/Mafia sides of Gensokyo Isle") among the Gensokyan Youkai and Youkai-equivalents...//)

(//...so for those causes in here, in "Murasa Quest-A-Z", those 2(+1 with. the Tojiko's 1) Gensokyo Isle's Versions they have involved in tuening up as "Human-like Hostile  Doppelgangers" rather than ,ref. to the more Benevolent Gensokyo Isle's Human-Turned Gensokyans, "Human-Turned & Inducted Alt. Versions //)
> Like Stargazer is"Resting" or "Deep Relaxing?

> In any case,stay aware if she "becomes active again",and also try to "contact-perceive her from time to time"
> "The next destination to go now is still Eientei then , Eirin mostly and so far, both for their more.concise report and update in addition to,up to the point and to the what it may be measured a check-up for myself".

> Final parting thanks+goodbyes to Meiling,and then...

> ...take fly with Tojiko(since Shou is likely to.return either to the Myouren Templ, or to her Clothing&Style Store or near them by the Human Village) to the Bamboo Forest of the Lost and then on "Float&Foot" tothe Eientei Mansion.

> "Mmm. I don't have any expectations, honestly, but I also have no reason to not try, so."

>As near as you can tell, Stargazer is resting.
>"It's about having a professional look you over," Tojiko says. "...One that isn't Yukari."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 21, 2022, 03:06:04 PM
> "Right, I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Just tempering my own personal expectations."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 22, 2022, 12:23:56 AM
> "Right, I'm not saying it's a bad idea. Just tempering my own personal expectations."

>"As long as you get a reasonably clean bill of health," Shou says.
>You notice some movement toward the northeast; ah, someone in a maid outfit is emerging from the underbrush.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 22, 2022, 03:30:09 AM
> Wave at them.
> "Hey!"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 22, 2022, 08:06:48 PM
> Wave at them.
> "Hey!"

>Sakuya perks up as you call out, and moves quickly to join you.
>"It's good to see you are not longer lost, Captain," Sakuya says.
>"Welcome back," Meiling says. "I was starting to get a little worried."
>"I don't see why," Sakuya replies. "I was merely being thorough."
>"As we'd expect," says Meiling.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 22, 2022, 08:51:47 PM
> Grin a bit.
> "It's certainly good to no longer be lost. Or in that place."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 23, 2022, 03:53:02 AM
> Grin a bit.
> "It's certainly good to no longer be lost. Or in that place."

>Sakuya nods. "I trust, given that you are standing here and not currently in a bed somewhere, that everything is well. Shall we consider things to be handled?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 23, 2022, 06:43:58 AM
> Nod.
> "Yeah, it's taken care of as far as I can tell. Though, listen, uh..."
> Scratch our head a little in slight embarrassment.
> "I...kinda came across you fighting something I couldn't see. I tried to help you out, but all I ended up doing was hit you a couple of times. So, um, sorry about that. I hope you're doing okay."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 23, 2022, 07:41:16 AM
> Nod.
> "Yeah, it's taken care of as far as I can tell. Though, listen, uh..."
> Scratch our head a little in slight embarrassment.
> "I...kinda came across you fighting something I couldn't see. I tried to help you out, but all I ended up doing was hit you a couple of times. So, um, sorry about that. I hope you're doing okay."

>There is a moment of silence. Sakuya's expression is remarkably composed during this, only leaving you to wonder what must be going through her head.
>"...I'm sure I didn't notice," she says. "Think nothing of it."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 23, 2022, 11:56:23 AM
> Frown a bit in uncertainty.
> "...Alright, if you say so."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 23, 2022, 08:19:00 PM
> Frown a bit in uncertainty.
> "...Alright, if you say so."

>"I assure you, I am unhurt. Perhaps a little winded from looking around," Sakuya says. "Let us not worry about anything in that illusion."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 23, 2022, 08:52:09 PM
> "You got it."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 24, 2022, 12:36:03 AM
>"I assure you, I am unhurt. Perhaps a little winded from looking around," Sakuya says. "Let us not worry about anything in that illusion."

>_

> To Sakuya,in an humble tone since it might be a "still-tainted" mement :"Sorry if I am a bit indiscreet or indelicate...but you too,because you were the first 1 who I actively recognised to be in a trapping danger...while at the same timd...I rally really really TRIED...to help you out of it....and because the same happened to myself,Tojiko and Shou,were fighting off' another tainted yourself beare of a great sense of dread or dange only to you personally'...?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 24, 2022, 01:23:58 AM
> "You got it."

> To Sakuya,in an humble tone since it might be a "still-tainted" mement :"Sorry if I am a bit indiscreet or indelicate...but you too,because you were the first 1 who I actively recognised to be in a trapping danger...while at the same timd...I rally really really TRIED...to help you out of it....and because the same happened to myself,Tojiko and Shou,were fighting off' another tainted yourself beare of a great sense of dread or dange only to you personally'...?"

>Conflict!!!

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 24, 2022, 04:09:25 AM
> She clearly doesn't want to talk about it, others have indicated she doesn't want to talk about it, we shouldn't push it.
> "You got it."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 24, 2022, 05:28:20 AM
> She clearly doesn't want to talk about it, others have indicated she doesn't want to talk about it, we shouldn't push it.
> "You got it."

>You decide to let it go.
>"Will you be staying for dinner?" Sakuya says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 25, 2022, 04:30:34 AM
> Shake our head.
> "The offer is appreciated. But I need to head home, to let the Temple know I am safe, and I'm probably going to crash face-first into my pillow once I've filled them all in on what happened."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 25, 2022, 04:39:26 PM
> Shake our head.
> "The offer is appreciated. But I need to head home, to let the Temple know I am safe, and I'm probably going to crash face-first into my pillow once I've filled them all in on what happened."

> Add that we also plan to visit the Eientei along the way to let them know as well the "Incident" is.setrled" considering they were affected too and we had to help each other out,albeit indirectly concerning the Baku Doremy Sweet.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 25, 2022, 04:49:24 PM
> Shake our head.
> "The offer is appreciated. But I need to head home, to let the Temple know I am safe, and I'm probably going to crash face-first into my pillow once I've filled them all in on what happened."

>"By all accounts, that will be a rest well earned. Don't let them wake you up early," Sakuya says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 25, 2022, 04:51:15 PM
> Look over to Shou with a slight smirk.
> "You got that?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 25, 2022, 11:16:07 PM
> Look over to Shou with a slight smirk.
> "You got that?"

>"I'll do my best to convince Hijiri, and Kyouko," Shou says, seeming a little embarrassed.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 26, 2022, 05:19:40 AM
> Chuckle.
> "I'm just yanking your chain, don't worry."
> Look back to Sakuya.
> "You take care of yourself, then."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 26, 2022, 04:45:03 PM
> Chuckle.
> "I'm just yanking your chain, don't worry."
> Look back to Sakuya.
> "You take care of yourself, then."

>"Still, I suppose she isn't wrong..." Shou says.
>"You as well," Sakuya says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 26, 2022, 05:33:36 PM
> Look to Meiling.
> "And you, of course."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 27, 2022, 03:25:40 AM
> Look to Meiling.
> "And you, of course."

>"You have a pleasant evening, captain," Meiling says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 27, 2022, 04:16:24 AM
> Look to Shou, then to Tojiko.
> "Shall we?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 27, 2022, 08:55:06 PM
> Look to Shou, then to Tojiko.
> "Shall we?"

>"Oh, are you going to Eientei?" Shou says. "I return home and make sure things are ready for you."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 27, 2022, 10:49:10 PM
> "That would be appreciated, if you don't mind doing it."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 28, 2022, 04:56:19 AM
> "That would be appreciated, if you don't mind doing it."

>"Alright, I'll see you there," she says, as she turns away and begins to trek toward town.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 28, 2022, 05:13:57 AM
> Look to Tojiko.
> "Ready?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 28, 2022, 09:36:52 PM
> Look to Tojiko.
> "Ready?"

> While proceeding to Eientei make sure to check from time to time if Stargazer "is waking up to be active".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 28, 2022, 10:39:51 PM
> Look to Tojiko.
> "Ready?"

>Tojiko gives you a nod. "The sooner we get it over with, the sooner we can get you back home."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 29, 2022, 12:15:23 AM
> "Of course."
> Give our hosts a wave, and then shove off in the direction of Eientei.
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on November 29, 2022, 04:23:11 AM
> "Of course."
> Give our hosts a wave, and then shove off in the direction of Eientei.

> While proceeding to Eientei make sure to check from time to time if Stargazer "is waking up to be active".

>You take to the air and head Eientei for as far as you can. This is not very far, all told, as the bamboo forest is fairly close to this part of the Forest of Magic. Finding one of the guildstones that have been recently set out, you trek onward, following them along. The bamboo forest is comparatively quiet; the insects are no longer as prevalent as they were in the warmer months, and the faeries here seem to be mostly asleep, or so you guess.
>Along the way, you check the cactus every so often, and get the feeling that Stargazer is a bit more aware of her surroundings that before, but seems content to stay where she is. You're starting to think she doesn't like a crowd.
>It doesn't take terribly long to reach the mansion in the bamboo; you push your way through and suddenly find yourself at the gates. A single bored-looking rabbit with short dark hair stands there, holding a ceremonial-looking halberd.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on November 29, 2022, 05:33:39 AM
> Advance!
> "Hey there."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on December 01, 2022, 05:51:39 AM
> Advance!
> "Hey there."

>"Hey, buzz off!" the rabbit shouts, awkwardly levelling the halberd in your direction. Then she squints in your direction as you emerge from the bamboo. "Oh, it's you two! Sorry about that, things are a bit on edge here what with the whole dancers thing."

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 01, 2022, 06:37:11 PM
> "No worries. Hey, uh, is the doctor in? A whoooooole lot of weirdness just happened in some other dimension or something and we'd like to be sure it's not going to have any long-lasting physiological effects."
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Branneg Xy on December 02, 2022, 11:15:51 PM
>"Hey, buzz off!" the rabbit shouts, awkwardly levelling the halberd in your direction. Then she squints in your direction as you emerge from the bamboo. "Oh, it's you two! Sorry about that, things are a bit on edge here what with the whole dancers thing."

>_
> "No worries. Hey, uh, is the doctor in? A whoooooole lot of weirdness just happened in some other dimension or something and we'd like to be sure it's not going to have any long-lasting physiological effects."

// There is still left "some level of Wonder & Ponder about Okina's Secret Plan & Secret List of Ingredients also involving Doremy",but we could not properly work to shed light about that "Little-Big Mystery" if we are,like right now, no longer involved with Okina directly or indirectly( Mai and/or Satono or Doremy)...//

> Add:" We also came here to further explain that ' as we have confirmed in person and so far,the Doremy's Kidnapping by the 2 ,and then 1 ,Dancers is rather an overzealous misunderstanding than an actual malicious act,with Doremy herself being fine and resting or has already finished resting ' ".
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on December 03, 2022, 05:39:43 PM
> "No worries. Hey, uh, is the doctor in? A whoooooole lot of weirdness just happened in some other dimension or something and we'd like to be sure it's not going to have any long-lasting physiological effects."

>"Yeah, I'm sure she'll see you," says the rabbit.

> Add:" We also came here to further explain that ' as we have confirmed in person and so far,the Doremy's Kidnapping by the 2 ,and then 1 ,Dancers is rather an overzealous misunderstanding than an actual malicious act,with Doremy herself being fine and resting or has already finished resting ' ".

>The rabbit nods. "Yeah, your friend there spread the word earlier this afternoon. But I'm sure they'll like some details. We're just keeping guard in case they get that notion a second time, you know?"

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 04, 2022, 05:55:15 AM
> "Right, of course. Um, do I need a guide, or will I know how to find her?"
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: It's Purvis! on December 04, 2022, 07:15:30 AM
> "Right, of course. Um, do I need a guide, or will I know how to find her?"

>"First hall on the left takes you to the clinic," she says.

>_
Title: Re: Murasa Quest Continues 3 - A Z-Machine Adventure
Post by: Kilgamayan on December 04, 2022, 08:55:16 AM
> "Thanks. May your evening be uneventful."
> Heat in the direction instructed.