Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Tashi on October 19, 2021, 08:04:31 AM

Title: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 19, 2021, 08:04:31 AM
Quote
I will look for Yuuka ♥
— Kurumi.

> ... You are, quite frankly, annoyed beyond words.

> Your name is Elly, a Scythe-Wielder Youkai (though actually an Ankou). You are the gatekeeper of Mugenkan, a mansion located in the middle of Gensokyo and the Fantasy World's boundaries.
> Quite the few years have passed ever since the attack done by the Red-White and Black-White girlies, as well as the departure of Yuuka, your Mistress, from the confines of her own mansion to wherever else she decided to head for. You were, unfortunately, left in the dark on her whereabouts.
> Ever since then you have taken the initiative to, daily, invite the Keeper of the Lake of Blood, Kurumi, to train. Thanks to such, your technique and power have increased exponentially in comparison to all those years back from lack of proper battling.
> Otherwise, life at the Mugenkan has been uneventful and really lacking any sort of excitement that could be much needed.

> You have been waiting for Kurumi for the daily routine, but she has been missing it. Three days in a row, in fact. You have been giving her some leniency, but now that you went your way to come out to the Lake of Blood, which is the entrance back, you can't help but feel betrayed to an extent.
> The contents are simple and straightforward. "I will look for Yuuka", signed by the name of who you consider a friend... who seemingly had no qualms in leaving a note that you might have not even read if you didn't came here to begin with, only to search for the one that is your Mistress. Not having been told a thing, you find yourself in the need to finally go out of your way to search for both Yuuka and Kurumi, and maybe have a thing to say to them both. After all this time, Mugenkan's now great gatekeeper shall reveal herself to the world.

> You are near the Lake of Blood, in this 'Gensokyo'. It is daytime.
> You can see a figure in the distance. Not particularly far away, nor too close. You'd assume they haven't even noticed you yet.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 19, 2021, 10:19:49 AM
> Before we do get noticed, check everything we can about our figure. Don't want to be caught in pajamas or something. How do we compare to Kurumi and Yuuka?
> With our increased power, how are our abilities compared to before? What are we capable of?
> Inventory check.
> What is our scythe like?
> Tiles?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 20, 2021, 01:25:40 AM
> Before we do get noticed, check everything we can about our figure. Don't want to be caught in pajamas or something. How do we compare to Kurumi and Yuuka?
> With our increased power, how are our abilities compared to before? What are we capable of?
> Inventory check.
> What is our scythe like?
> Tiles?

> You know better than embarrasing yourself in such a way. Your figure is, if you say so yourself, a sight to behold in your usual blood red dress, capelet and hat included. At least, you think so from what you see in the mirror each morning, so it has to be true. Not that you have been given many compliments due to... uh, lack of people you have met.
> As for comparisons, Kurumi is the most young-looking out of the three, with you and Yuuka competing to see who looks the most mature. You think she beats you, but you aren't too far behind, at all. Makes you wonder if she changed any...
> With years of constantly training, regardless of how good or not Kurumi might be as your sole sparring partner, your skills have gotten back in shape to what you once remembered them to be, as well as going past such. Much as you have grown in your skills, you believe your scythe, with its ever curvy handle, has gotten... larger, perhaps? It has definitely grown stronger alongside you, to the point where its edge has gotten sharper, for example. You are currently carrying it, as you usually do. You are pretty sure if you were to fight against those invaders from all those years back now, story would most definitely not repeat itself.
> You have recently started to practice how to summon the Black Coach, a move you might consider making your finisher.

> Inventory:
Kurumi's Note: A note left by Kurumi, in which you can read "I will look for Yuuka ♥". You have to admit her calligraphy is quite good.
> Outside of your usual belongings, no other worthwhile items are being held.

> Your "Boomerang Scythe" as it could be dubbed is your main weapon of choice. It has been with you for as long as you can remember. Its handle is... exaggeratedly curvy, but something that proves just how much skill you hold to being able to use it as you do.
> ... You have to admit, you have become fond of using floor tiles as a secondary weapon of sorts. It helps to surprise your enemies, if those invaders getting hit by them was any hint. You are no longer needed to take actual tiles from the diverse floorings there can be around: you can actually summon them yourself now. Still have to learn how to properly camouflage them with the surroundings, as their material is rather... crystalline and can take away from the surprise factor. It is, however, a material that can meld with what it reflects... in theory. You still need to learn how to do that.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 20, 2021, 01:33:26 AM
> Let's keep finding, or making, such material in mind for later, then.
> What's the Black Coach?
> Are we closer to Kurumi, or mistress Yuuka?

> Keep watch of the figure in hiding...
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 20, 2021, 04:23:26 AM
> Let's keep finding, or making, such material in mind for later, then.
> What's the Black Coach?
> Are we closer to Kurumi, or mistress Yuuka?

> Keep watch of the figure in hiding...


> You are unsure just how much will it possible, but if you can make what can be, essentially, called invisible attacks by having them reflect its surroundings... That might be a bit of cheating, not to mention all its other possibilities.
> The Black Coach is an underworld carriage. One that can be summoned by the likes of you... again, in theory. You ARE sure you can do it, but it does take quite the burden to even cast it. Doesn't help you aren't proficient at summons as Kurumi, outside of floor tiles of all things. Managing to do it... might be quite the accomplishment, and a step forward for you.
> You can pretty much say Kurumi is the one you get to interact the most with — obviously. You used to be close with Yuuka, but the vampire of the Lake of Blood has taken that spot in her absence. Regardless, you still consider your Mistress a friend rather than an employer.

> The figure seems to be looking around, as if searching for something. You can't discern concrete details of it, but you think it's a female, and that her clothing is mostly black.
> Said figure seems to finally look your way... Or, at least, your general direction.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 20, 2021, 08:09:38 AM
> Keep watch and on our guard for now. It could be one of those invaders...
> What's in the mansion and Mugenkan that we really shouldn't let people into? Was it mainly to prevent them from bothering our mistress, or were there other things?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 20, 2021, 08:31:45 AM
> Keep watch and on our guard for now. It could be one of those invaders...
> What's in the mansion and Mugenkan that we really shouldn't let people into? Was it mainly to prevent them from bothering our mistress, or were there other things?

> You stay on your guard.
> It was primarily to protect Yuuka from the displeasure of meeting up with intruders like those. Though, Kurumi has been doing her job of keeping the Lake of Blood protected, as... you really only saw those two back then in all your time keeping the gates of Mugenkan tightly shut from anything else. While it is a mansion, and it holds all the kind of luxuries one could expect, you are merely complying with your job out of habit.
> You have been considering that, if Yuuka doesn't care about coming back... then why are you still there? As well as Kurumi, for that matter. Once you could say it was Yuuka's "home", but now what? If anything, you could say you are the new owner of it, but...

> Snapping away from your thoughts was the figure, who started to approach.
> GET AWAY.
> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 03:47:31 AM
> Keep watching... Do they look familiar yet?
> Few probably know about where the Lake of Blood leads... Are they here for us?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tom on October 21, 2021, 04:01:10 AM
// Oh wow a quest featuring a PC98 character, love it!

> Would Yuuka be annoyed if she found out we started living in the mansion?  Could we spin it off as being necessary for upkeep?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 21, 2021, 04:08:30 AM
> Keep watching... Do they look familiar yet?
> Few probably know about where the Lake of Blood leads... Are they here for us?

> As they get closer... you can safely say that this is a person you are not familiar with. She wore a a long black coat that covered most of whatever she could have under it for you to properly determine what else she had on her, other than her boots. It was like Winter clothing, one could say? She had her left hand in bandages, from what you little could see from the large sleeve over her arm.
> Her hair was as black as it could get... but she also, apparently, possessed two horns. No, maybe three? One of them was right under the other, curving slightly outward than the other.
> This woman... was taller than you. Which is saying something, considering you are nicely tall yourself.
> "Hello, Miss." the newcomer spoke, once she had managed to approach just enough. "Good morning. Where are we?"
> Unless someone wanted to meet the great Elly — which would be quite nice in of itself — you doubt this is someone here for you.

// Oh wow a quest featuring a PC98 character, love it!

> Would Yuuka be annoyed if she found out we started living in the mansion?  Could we spin it off as being necessary for upkeep?

> Considering the owner of said mansion left without saying a word, and that if it weren't for your care of keeping it proper all this time, the mansion would be a rather sorry place by now. You could almost theorize that Yuuka intended for you to take the reins of Mugenkan, or do as you wish with it. In the end, just theories...
> ... but what if they were real?

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 06:07:19 AM
> "Good morning. We are in what I know as Gensokyo. If you mean more specific, then I doubt you've heard of such a place, but we're near the Lake of Blood."
> Do we know of much Gensokyo locations?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 21, 2021, 06:40:33 AM
> "Good morning. We are in what I know as Gensokyo. If you mean more specific, then I doubt you've heard of such a place, but we're near the Lake of Blood."
> Do we know of much Gensokyo locations?

> "... Gensokyo?" the woman spoke, her eyebrows furrowing while looking to the side, and to the lake nearby. "... I see. You wouldn't happen to know where civilization is, do you? I'd assume it's very near if you are in a place as remote as this mountain, but..."
> Not really. You are somewhat aware of your immediate surroundings outside of the Lake of Blood, but not a land you have explored.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 06:45:26 AM
> "You must be pretty lost to be out here..."
> Sigh.
> "And here I thought for a second that someone had actually come to see me. Well, I'm afraid I can't tell you too much about the civilization of Gensokyo either. I'm not the most popular, as you've demonstrated..."
> Don't think too hard about being unpopular...
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 21, 2021, 07:04:56 AM
> "You must be pretty lost to be out here..."
> Sigh.
> "And here I thought for a second that someone had actually come to see me. Well, I'm afraid I can't tell you too much about the civilization of Gensokyo either. I'm not the most popular, as you've demonstrated..."
> Don't think too hard about being unpopular...

> The woman's expression shifted to an apologetic smile, her eyes relaxing from their previously intense gaze.
> "My apologies. It seems I have a remarked tendency to end up in places that weren't quite in my plans. However good or bad as it can be at times. Nevertheless, I thank you for your help. Miss...?"
> You... are sure that you will make a big name for yourself. It's just that Gensokyo hasn't gotten to bask in what you can do!

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 07:08:57 AM
> "You can call me Elly. And, may I have something to call you?"
> "I could probably help you search."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 21, 2021, 07:46:45 AM
> "You can call me Elly. And, may I have something to call you?"
> "I could probably help you search."

> "Pleasure is all mine, Elly. You... can call me Lucy. Short for... Luciela." said the woman, bowing her head politely with a clear smile on her lips. "You should not bother your time with me. I am sure you have your own search to do."
> DON'T.
> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 12:49:56 PM
> "Well, Lucy, I have no starting point. So wherever your going, if it's not here, it's an improvement."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 21, 2021, 05:35:31 PM
> "Well, Lucy, I have no starting point. So wherever your going, if it's not here, it's an improvement."

> "That willing? I do not mind you tagging along, but I am just as lost as you might be. If you do not mind my lead becoming a likely dead end for whatever your intentions are..."
> Lucy looks at your scythe...
> "... Whatever they might be."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 06:24:32 PM
> "Im not going to try and guide you to hell or anything. Im looking for someone. ...not to do that to them, either! Either way, if you dont want to lead, i can... Try."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 21, 2021, 08:13:58 PM
> "Im not going to try and guide you to hell or anything. Im looking for someone. ...not to do that to them, either! Either way, if you dont want to lead, i can... Try."


> "If my first visit to this place ends up with a Shinigami attempting to take my soul right away, I would feel rather flattered at the attention." Chuckling, the woman with blue eyes tilted her head to a direction. "Well, Elly. We seem to be in the same situation. ... I think for once I will be the sidekick this time, though. No particular reason for it."
> Lucy's gaze returned to the scythe, chuckling again.
> "Just make sure you don't lead me to my last stroll."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 10:06:24 PM
> ...Do we even know how to pilot / drive the Black Coach, if we summon it?
> "I haven't made any enemies out here though, so I'd share your fate should anything happen. Not like petty bandits could stop me."
> Pick a direction and lead!
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 21, 2021, 10:19:30 PM
> ...Do we even know how to pilot / drive the Black Coach, if we summon it?
> "I haven't made any enemies out here though, so I'd share your fate should anything happen. Not like petty bandits could stop me."
> Pick a direction and lead!


> You haven't managed to cast a proper Black Coach just yet to even ride it. So, no. You are lacking Riding skill.
> "That is what I like to hear. Okay, boss. I am in your care. Let's try to not die."
> ... Boss. That was nice to hear.
> Confident in... well, not your leading skills in this unknown land, but your GRIT to withstand whatever issues might arise, you take the initiative to lead this wandering soul - definitely not yours too - to an actual destination. Somewhere!
> ... But you might take a while if you just walk, really.

> "If I may ask..." Lucy spoke, following you. "Out of curiosity, and a blind shot in the air... Have you heard of 'Makai'?" CURSED.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 21, 2021, 11:27:28 PM
> Have we heard of it?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 22, 2021, 12:56:09 AM
> Have we heard of it?

> It does not ring any kind of bells.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 22, 2021, 02:25:35 AM
> "My... who now?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 22, 2021, 05:03:54 AM
> "My... who now?"


> "Nevermind."
> Stepping past a slope on this mountain, you hoped that there would be a major view of what this land looked like for further orientation... but...
> What a VIEW. You can see everything! Hypothetically, of course. It almost feels like you have an eagle's view of what this place looks like! ... Well, you do, almost. Still, it makes you realize what kind of wonders you have been missing all this time, and what Kurumi could get to see if she wanted. ... Honestly, it almost feels like you have been getting the short end of the stick.
> "Welcome to Gensokyo..." Lucy welcomes herself — and you — as if the world itself did it.
> You can see that, not particularly far from the base of the mountain was... a building of sorts. Well, two. You think one of them was a shrine?

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 22, 2021, 01:26:25 PM
> "Whoa... Guess I picked a good path, huh? Alright, large place. So many areas to check for the people we're looking for... How about we start nearest?"
> Point to the two buildings.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 22, 2021, 06:10:21 PM
> "Whoa... Guess I picked a good path, huh? Alright, large place. So many areas to check for the people we're looking for... How about we start nearest?"
> Point to the two buildings.

> "I can see some sort of settlement at the distance... A village, perhaps? I do think we can give that place a visit, since it is the most close, though. If anyone is in there, maybe they can give us more information." Lucy agreed.
> You have to admit: this was something you were missing out for quite some time. You are kind of glad Kurumi left, in a sense. Otherwise, you couldn't be able to enjoy of this land's harmonical sight, and of Lucy jumping off the mountain.
> ...
> What?

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 22, 2021, 09:29:31 PM
> "Whoa whoa, I know the sight is beautiful, but I told you I wasn't guiding you to hell!"
> Can we fly?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 22, 2021, 09:38:05 PM
> "Whoa whoa, I know the sight is beautiful, but I told you I wasn't guiding you to hell!"
> Can we fly?

> Seems Lucy goes straight down to what looks like her death!
> But.. ah, did she sprouted wings?
> You would be damned if you couldn't at least do that much!

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 22, 2021, 10:05:41 PM
> "Oh... Uh, guess you're going to heaven, then?"
> Fly up to her. Or down if she hasn't risen yet...
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 22, 2021, 10:53:54 PM
> "Oh... Uh, guess you're going to heaven, then?"
> Fly up to her. Or down if she hasn't risen yet...

> You take off from the mountain's cliff, stabilizing in the air and flying down to where Lucy seems to be heading to after she rose in the air magnificently, which seems to be the pond in the grounds behind this shrine.
> "I figured I would need to take you myself." Commented the winged one, slowing down for you to catch up. "Guess you don't need these as I do, hm?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 22, 2021, 11:56:53 PM
> "They certainly look better than just... floating by."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 23, 2021, 05:30:39 AM
> "They certainly look better than just... floating by."

> "Visually amazing, yet visually louder." Lucy pointed out. "It is an asset that has helped me, however. No matter how she tried, she couldn't manage to do as you are right now. Maybe I could now, however."
> Your way to the shrine is rather swift and to the point than what you expected, the breeze of a new land gently caressing your features as you traversed through the wind. Well, you have to admit this was better than going on foot.
> "It is a shrine." Lucy commented to herself, starting to fly lower, preparing herself to land. "... Have not seen it this proper before."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 23, 2021, 06:08:41 AM
> Land gracefully.
> Is there anywhere we can store our scythe to look... non-imposing? Don't wanna scare off the locals too badly.
> "Could be people living here even more likely, then. Though the rest of that civilization is a less risky idea. Some people might get the wrong idea if they see a scythe wielding person and a winged person appear at their doorstep personally."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 23, 2021, 09:53:03 AM
> Land gracefully.
> Is there anywhere we can store our scythe to look... non-imposing? Don't wanna scare off the locals too badly.
> "Could be people living here even more likely, then. Though the rest of that civilization is a less risky idea. Some people might get the wrong idea if they see a scythe wielding person and a winged person appear at their doorstep personally."

> One foot after the other, your landing is nothing to envy winged one, who performed a similar landing, her wings folding around her sides, only for them to disappear, as if becoming one with the winter coat.
> You can demanifest your scythe anytime you wish. The main reason why you always have it on you, though... Well, you had the impression that, were there any intruder that wanted to get into the mansion, they would think about it twice once they saw what you carried. It HAD to make them consider just how menacing you are, right? Plus, it is your trademark. There can't be anyone around that can have what you do.
> "I... suppose you are right. Why are you carrying the scythe, anyway?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 23, 2021, 12:11:14 PM
> "To deter anyone too bothersome, or with ill intentions."
> Demanifest it, then.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 27, 2021, 02:22:06 PM
> "To deter anyone too bothersome, or with ill intentions."
> Demanifest it, then.

> "Thank you for not believing I am such, then."
> Your scythe demanifests in a brief flash of a seemingly dark matter. Dark flames? Yea. So gloomy!
> ... Just like... your whole existence alone in the boundary ever since-
> "Thank you Reimu."
> "No problem."
> You heard some voices speak to each other at the front of the shrine.
> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 27, 2021, 03:59:51 PM
> "Excuse usss~"
> Before we come into view yet, at least.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 27, 2021, 04:50:01 PM
> "Excuse usss~"
> Before we come into view yet, at least.

> You reveal your presence to the voices, before you move to be in view of whoever they are.
> "Huh?"
> One of them, who held some kind of... object turned their full body to face your direction, while the other, who was sitting at the edge of the shrine's porch, simply tilted their head slightly to your direction, a type of snack held between her lips.
> "Hm?" The one with the snack expressed. She seems... vaguely, vaguely familiar.
> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 27, 2021, 06:18:44 PM
> "Good morning. I dont mean to take too much of your time, but I'm looking for someone."
> How familiar?
> How would we describe Kurumi and Yuuka to someone? We should recall what they wore last, and how they normally look to someone that doesnt know them...
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 27, 2021, 07:06:51 PM
> "Good morning. I dont mean to take too much of your time, but I'm looking for someone."
> How familiar?
> How would we describe Kurumi and Yuuka to someone? We should recall what they wore last, and how they normally look to someone that doesnt know them...

> "Ah. Good morning. What is it?" The female standing asked after greeting with a brief bow.
> She... Well, it might just be your imagination.
> ... But those eyes. That look... That... impudence...
> Blink, blink. The sitting female munches on the snack slooowly, observing you, as if awaiting for you to tell who you are looking for.
> ... Though, it must also be because your gaze is dead set on her.
> You feel something bump your shoulder. It seems to have been Lucy, making you snap out from your brief train of thoughts.

> Kurumi is a Vampire. Besides her appearance, she sports her own umbrella to shield from the sunlight (which... you might have or not have gifted her from the collection that were Yuuka's), so it shouldn't be that hard to make her stand out above others when describing her, especially considering her pair of wings. Same goes for Yuuka, who has a pretty defined style with those checkered pattern clothing she uses. Or... used. You don't really know how much she has changed in all this time, so you can't even be sure. You can give two things for granted, though: she surely still flaunts an umbrella, and that she is an INCREDIBLE gardener.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 27, 2021, 09:49:14 PM
> "Er, right. A young woman, possibly with an umbrella. Blond hair, white bow, large dark wings... Or another beautiful maiden with a lovely umbrella, green hair, and a plaid / checkered clothing?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on October 28, 2021, 02:00:35 AM
> "Er, right. A young woman, possibly with an umbrella. Blond hair, white bow, large dark wings... Or another beautiful maiden with a lovely umbrella, green hair, and a plaid / checkered clothing?"


> "Uh-"
> "One of them is Yuuka, I am betting." The one who just ate her snack responded.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on October 28, 2021, 02:32:22 AM
> "Oh, you know of her? Please tell me where I can find her."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 01, 2021, 09:55:11 PM
> "Oh, you know of her? Please tell me where I can find her."

> "I am surprised someone searches for her so willingly. Who are you, even?"
> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 01, 2021, 09:56:41 PM
> "Elly."
> Blink.
> "Well, just a gatekeeper, I suppose..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 01, 2021, 10:02:06 PM
> "Elly."
> Blink.
> "Well, just a gatekeeper, I suppose..."

> "... Elly?"
> The woman narrowed her eyes, as if pondering about your words... before her expression softens.
> "... Was that your name? I don't think you ever told me."
> YOU DID! You absolutely freaking did! Okay, you know this impudence ANYWHERE you go.
> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 01, 2021, 10:07:24 PM
> "...Ah. It's you..."
> No no, we shouldn't snap or anything... She knows where Yuuka is. Maybe.
> Wait, how does she know and not us?!
> "Well... ahem... anyways, where were you going to say Yuuka was?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 01, 2021, 10:16:40 PM
> "...Ah. It's you..."
> No no, we shouldn't snap or anything... She knows where Yuuka is. Maybe.
> Wait, how does she know and not us?!
> "Well... ahem... anyways, where were you going to say Yuuka was?"

> "It's me." She resoonded in a similar way, before presenting herself. "Reimu Hakurei. It was hard to define just who you were reminding me to, considering I recall that weird scythe you used to have the most."
> ... Wouldn't it be nice to fling the aforementioned weapon at her, now. You don't know what the HECK is happening that even the one who used to be your enemy knows more about Yuuka than you do. On her whereabouts, it seems.
> "Right. I guess I should have expected you would come try and find her eventually. Anyway, your best bet is the Garden of the Sun."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 01, 2021, 10:34:40 PM
> Summon our scythe back in a flourish.
> "You call it weird, I call it unique. I'd rather it be this way than just being a simple tool farmers can use."
> "...Now, where uh, is this Sun Garden?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 02, 2021, 12:46:29 AM
> Summon our scythe back in a flourish.
> "You call it weird, I call it unique. I'd rather it be this way than just being a simple tool farmers can use."
> "...Now, where uh, is this Sun Garden?"


> Dark embers of death arise from nothingness, and in an instant, Ellylin's deathly scythe makes its appearance in a flashy way thanks to your handling of it, showing off just how much of an expert you are.
> "Don't behead me, now." Lucy commented.
> "And you are?" Reimu addressed, raising an eyebrow.
> "Luciela. I am just Boss' companion." The horned woman simply responded, nudging her head towards you.
> "... Bo- Nevermind. If you head deeper into the land, you should be able to visualize a human settlement. The garden is not far from there."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 02, 2021, 01:47:49 AM
> "Alright, thanks. We'll be out of your hair then."
> Wave off, and start towards that settlement we noticed earlier.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 02, 2021, 02:18:42 AM
> "Alright, thanks. We'll be out of your hair then."
> Wave off, and start towards that settlement we noticed earlier.

> "Don't cause trouble." Reimu advised.
> You are about to head off after you wave, but-
> "Before you go..." The other girl spoke once again, having stood silent during the whole exchange. "I think I might have information about the other person you are looking for."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 02, 2021, 02:24:47 AM
> "Oh?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 02, 2021, 02:48:08 AM
> "Oh?"

> "It wasn't a white bow, but it was definitely a black one. Other than that, the description was on point for, well..."
> She shows what was on her hands all this time. Now that your attention might be on it, you realize it's some kind of instrument? One of its ends is what you would definitely call 'destroyed' for what its purpose is supposed to be. Music might be something impossible for it right now.
> "... the one who attacked me."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 02, 2021, 03:06:34 AM
> "Oh dear. And here I had the slight thought that she'd act a bit likeable in her search for Yuuka. What're you gonna do if you bring more trouble to her, Kurumi?"
> "Oh right. Anything else you can say about her? Like where she was headed. Or if she said anything?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 02, 2021, 05:04:50 PM
> "Oh dear. And here I had the slight thought that she'd act a bit likeable in her search for Yuuka. What're you gonna do if you bring more trouble to her, Kurumi?"
> "Oh right. Anything else you can say about her? Like where she was headed. Or if she said anything?"

> "I am not sure." She shook her head with an apologetic expression. "It is what I would like to know too. This is way too important for me, and..."
> "I suppose you want to find your way to kick them, or something." Reimu implied. "Understandably."
> "N-Not necessarily. I just want to know what happened. I never saw her before. I couldn't have expected to be attacked while being in the Misty Lake."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 02, 2021, 05:22:24 PM
> "ill keep an eye out for her,then..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 02, 2021, 06:20:06 PM
> "ill keep an eye out for her,then..."

> "I think I can see what the 'lake' is..." Said Luciela, watching the land at the distance.
> "Right. Please, if she is your friend or something, do try to persuade her to not cause trouble." The girl then frowned. "The least I want is for others to fall victim of what her endeavors entail."
> You feel that, by now, Kurumi has made a bigger name than you already...

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 03, 2021, 05:20:44 AM
> pout m slightly...
> "Ill do my best. And of course, you don't have to worry about me causing trouble. Elly's just looking out for her friends."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 01:56:00 AM
> pout m slightly...
> "Ill do my best. And of course, you don't have to worry about me causing trouble. Elly's just looking out for her friends."

> "Just her friends, huh." Reimu shrugged.
> "Then, please, do take care." The girl bowed.
> "Where to, then?" Luciela asks you. "We can go search for this Garden, or look where this incident with your friend happened."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 04, 2021, 02:33:29 AM
> "Well, we should find Yuuka first. She might even have news about Kurumi, too. It's unlikely for Kurumi to have news of Yuuka conversely."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 03:31:39 AM
> "Well, we should find Yuuka first. She might even have news about Kurumi, too. It's unlikely for Kurumi to have news of Yuuka conversely."


> "Alright."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 04, 2021, 03:37:35 AM
> "If there isn't anything else, then..."
> Start off for Yuuka and the Garden as we were going to.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 04:16:12 PM
> "If there isn't anything else, then..."
> Start off for Yuuka and the Garden as we were going to.

> "Be careful." The instrument holder simply waved you off. "O-Oh. Wings..."
> You return to the flying path, this time heading for the settlement you saw beforehand. If what the red-white said, it should be easy to find the Garden from there.
> "And if you find that friend of yours..." Luciela started to follow you, the flapping of her wings becoming present. "The one that attacked the girl. If she is hostile, what will you do?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 04, 2021, 07:31:28 PM
> "Slap some sense into her."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 09:38:19 PM
> "Slap some sense into her."

> "Literally?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 04, 2021, 09:48:46 PM
> "Yes."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 09:50:45 PM
> "Yes."

> "She is dangerous, Elly." Luciela... stated?

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 04, 2021, 10:24:57 PM
> "As am I. Well, not always, but I'm a gatekeeper. It's dangerous to try and force your way past me."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 10:41:27 PM
> "As am I. Well, not always, but I'm a gatekeeper. It's dangerous to try and force your way past me."

> "Really now. How about a test run, then?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 04, 2021, 10:51:05 PM
> "Oh? What could you mean?" Innocently
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 11:05:50 PM
> "Oh? What could you mean?" Innocently

> "A gatekeeper must be able to hold their ground both on the offensive and defensive. I want to see just how good you actually are."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 04, 2021, 11:07:34 PM
> "I suppose we could try. I haven't had a good fight in a while, though..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 04, 2021, 11:09:40 PM
> "I suppose we could try. I haven't had a good fight in a while, though..."

> "This sounds grim already..."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 05, 2021, 02:11:36 AM
> "I shouldn't be that rusty..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 05, 2021, 05:26:12 PM
> "I shouldn't be that rusty..."

> "Well, I won't be settling with a "shouldn't". Let's go down to that clear. I will be seeing just how capable you are."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 05, 2021, 07:38:14 PM
>"I hope my mettle exceeds your expectations."
->Roll our shoulders to stretch

>Head towards the clearing
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 05, 2021, 09:35:18 PM
> Phil
> Dear... How rusty are we, again...?
> Can we actually beat Kurumi if we had to fight...?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 06, 2021, 07:32:42 AM
>"I hope my mettle exceeds your expectations."
->Roll our shoulders to stretch

>Head towards the clearing

> "If I am to be honest, the bar is not too high, considering what you said."
>You start to both mentally and physically prepare yourself. Okay, no problem. You should be able to handle this. You don't know this woman, but you do know yourself enough to understand you are no pushover.

> Both you and Luciela descended, the latter demanifesting her wings upon a graceful landing from you both. No one and nothing around... except for what seems to be a statue? It was near the treeline, seemingly forgotten.

> Phil
> Dear... How rusty are we, again...?
> Can we actually beat Kurumi if we had to fight...?

> When it comes to ACTUAL battles? Well, you'd say you haven't had a proper one in a long time, since the intrusion of those two. You have been, however, training with Kurumi to keep each other in proper shape, which works for you to evade a repetition of those days from lack of recent experience. You wouldn't call yourself rusty... You have made progress, you are sure.
> You also don't believe that, with brutal honesty, Kurumi could beat you if you went with everything at each other. The lack of intruders and whatnot must speak about the Vampire's own skills, but even then you don't believe she is THAT strong.
> It makes you wonder why Lucy said Kurumi was 'dangerous'. A broken instrument is not a feat that could make someone think an individual is such, if it's not to say they will attack others on sight like it seemingly happened with... that girl. Did she had a name, now...? So, unless Kurumi was practicing her own 'special' kind of skill, just like you have been doing so for your Black Coach in private...

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 06, 2021, 01:17:53 PM
>How do we fight?
->Do we use spellcards?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 06, 2021, 08:21:37 PM
>How do we fight?
->Do we use spellcards?

> You way of fighting relies mostly on the use of your scythe in conjuction of bullets, pretty much using the former as a boomerang to throw off your adversary while they dodge the latter. The floor tiles also play an important role in your 'ambush' aspect of doing things, which, if you say so yourself, works wonders.
> Works wonders, if the surface provides with floor tiles to begin with. Conjuring them also works, but they are admittedly not going to be as effective to surprise your adversary in this area as it would be at the gate of the mansion. It's in these kind of situations in which you would love to find a way for them to meld with their reflections so they could, in theory, become near invisible.
> You are somewhat aware of what 'spellcards' entail, if what little information Kurumi has told you. You have not, however, created any. Could the Black Coach be considered one?

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 03:48:10 AM
> "Will we be doing that... spell card thingy?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 03:51:43 AM
> "Will we be doing that... spell card thingy?"


> "The what?" Lucy started to look around.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 03:43:22 PM
> "I suppose not... Its something people from here do, apparently."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 03:49:20 PM
> "I suppose not... Its something people from here do, apparently."


> "I am not aware of the customs in this place. Surely we can find a common ground to do this, though."
> Lucy turns to you, slightly raising and clenching her hands into fists.
> "The good old physical way? It doesn't require anything fancy. This is a test anyway."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 08, 2021, 05:24:10 PM
>Nod
>"I am much more familiar with that."
->"What shall determine the winner?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 05:59:01 PM
>Nod
>"I am much more familiar with that."
->"What shall determine the winner?"

> "Figured as much, if that scythe is anything to go by." Lucy chuckled, lowering her hands. "There is no winner to be chosen, unless you actually want to make this a proper competition. It is mostly to gauge your capabilities.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 06:07:45 PM
> " So a sparring match. Alright."
> ready up!
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 06:11:46 PM
> " So a sparring match. Alright."
> ready up!

> You get yourself in proper battle stance, scythe at the ready. ... It is okay for you to- yea, it's okay for you to use this. Otherwise you wouldn't at all!
> Luciela seemingly gets herself in a guarding stance, hands ahead.
> "Attack me with all you've got." She dared. "I will see how is your offense first."
> DO NOT.
> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 06:29:54 PM
> Lets test our speed with closing in quickly to slash her side with our scythe as we pass
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 08, 2021, 06:47:26 PM
>Neo
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 07:45:16 PM
> Lets test our speed with closing in quickly to slash her side with our scythe as we pass

>Neo

> You get in position, before kicking the ground behind you to shoot yourself forward, scythe tracing an arc behind as you swung it back, before-
> SCHLIINK!
> Air itself is cut from the deadly edge of your scythe being swung forward, and right at Luciela's side just as you planned.
> Black fabric soars across the air waves that your speed causes, which is nothing too shabby when you use it to attack like this. Keeping up with Kurumi's has proven to be useful. It seems you managed to get Luciela with this.
> Though, she didn't made an effort to evade. That, or she just took it. Her side is bleeding, right where pieces of her clothing are missing.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 07:52:10 PM
> blink
> "uh, Lucy?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 07:55:26 PM
> blink
> "uh, Lucy?"

> "Won't you keeo going?" She turns to face your new direction now. "Sure you don't expect me to find out with just one attack. I am asking you to come like you want to kill me."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 07:57:33 PM
> "Didnt I say I wasn't going to guide you to hell?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 08:05:05 PM
> "Didnt I say I wasn't going to guide you to hell?"

> "Of course. I want you to attempt."
> The horned woman taunts you with her hands for you to come at her.
> "Emphasis on attempt." Oh, she is grinning...

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 08:06:35 PM
> "I dunno, that cut isnt pretty."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 08, 2021, 08:32:34 PM
> "I dunno, that cut isnt pretty."

> "Indeed. It could be better."

>_
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 08, 2021, 10:52:24 PM
> "Im uh... Well, i don't particularly mind if you're a masochist or something, but I don't really plan on killing anyone here yet."
> Ready our scythe.
> "So maybe i can try near death, but nothing fatal..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 08, 2021, 11:31:12 PM
>"That. . .hmm, that knocked me off my step."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 09, 2021, 03:07:34 PM
> "Im uh... Well, i don't particularly mind if you're a masochist or something, but I don't really plan on killing anyone here yet."
> Ready our scythe.
> "So maybe i can try near death, but nothing fatal..."

>"That. . .hmm, that knocked me off my step."

> "You will need to try something better than that if you wish to defeat an enemy."
> You get ready, but so does Luciela. This time, she is in a different posture.
> "Though I admit that, were this enemy someone who would tap out after something like this, it does serve as means to subdue them."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 09, 2021, 05:00:25 PM
> Throw our scythe one way, so it arcs towards her, and go for a body check / tackle the other. We should cross paths with our boomerang scythe when we get to her.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 09, 2021, 06:20:38 PM
>Neo
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 09, 2021, 07:49:53 PM
> Throw our scythe one way, so it arcs towards her, and go for a body check / tackle the other. We should cross paths with our boomerang scythe when we get to her.

>Neo

> You swing your weapon back, allowing momentum to build up for the following throw!
> HWHOOH whooh whooh whooh-
> Your scythe spins in the air as you kick your foot off the ground to start towards the target.
> Luciela held her ground, ready to take the scythe and you on!
> YOU SEE THE EYES OF-
> But whatever happens, your guts do not let you get fooled by the apparition of the Lucy right in front of you.
> "You can do that?"
> whooh whooh whooh WHOOH-
> Your scythe is caught perfectly in your hands, right at the moment you manage to tackle the taller woman down. Right here, she is at your mercy!

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 09, 2021, 07:56:25 PM
> Let the last thing this intruder sees be the stylish spin of our scythe, before we decapitate them!
> Wait Er, maybe just the shoulders, not the neck if we can redirect ourself!
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 09, 2021, 08:10:02 PM
> Let the last thing this intruder sees be the stylish spin of our scythe, before we decapitate them!
> Wait Er, maybe just the shoulders, not the neck if we can redirect ourself!

> Your excitement fills you with deter- wait, this is an acquaintance, not an actual enemy!
> You decide to go for a slash-
> Air escapes you for a span of seconds as your solar plexus is filled with pain.
> You fall heavily on your back, the sun lightning your retinas. Ah, you were kicked as Luciela fell on the ground, didn't you...

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 09, 2021, 08:12:28 PM
> If we can't get up and regain some distance, summon some tiles ahead of us in defense
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 09, 2021, 08:19:19 PM
> If we can't get up and regain some distance, summon some tiles ahead of us in defense

> You don't believe you might have enough time if Luciela attacks. Even if that was a harsh hit, you wouldn't call yourself a gatekeeper if you couldn't stand some punishment, making easier for you to recover your sense of self fast enough to bring up a shield of crystalline floor tiles.
> It does seem to give you some time, as Luciela got up in the process and didn't immediately do anything in retaliation.
> "I was not expecting that..." She commented, seemingly to herself as she watched the shield of tiles covering you.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 09, 2021, 08:44:47 PM
> "am I really that disappointing at first glance that you don't expect anything?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 09, 2021, 08:49:00 PM
> "am I really that disappointing at first glance that you don't expect anything?"

> "Not necessarily in that way, but yes, I wasn't particularly bought on the fact of what you could be capable of. Yet, you broke out of it... I am starting to believe you are an actual gatekeeper. We are not done yet. I want to see how defensive you can be, in that case. Get in position."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 09, 2021, 10:28:53 PM
> Stand back up and prepare ourselves...
> "Don't be too rough now. I'd like to get to Yuuka in one piece..."
> Ready those tiles to intercept an attack if one comes our way...
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 09, 2021, 10:55:10 PM
>Have the tiles move in so that we can jump on them
->When she attacks jump on the tile and use them to attack from unexpected angles

>Do we move faster jumping from tile to tile than flying?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 09, 2021, 11:21:35 PM
> She did want to see our defense. Hold off on attacking yet. We should still be ready for such in case she wants a mix of them.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 10, 2021, 03:33:06 AM
> Stand back up and prepare ourselves...
> "Don't be too rough now. I'd like to get to Yuuka in one piece..."
> Ready those tiles to intercept an attack if one comes our way...

>Have the tiles move in so that we can jump on them
->When she attacks jump on the tile and use them to attack from unexpected angles

>Do we move faster jumping from tile to tile than flying?

> She did want to see our defense. Hold off on attacking yet. We should still be ready for such in case she wants a mix of them.


> "I can always carry you if necessary. I don't believe myself to be soft."
> You move your tiles in, setting them ready for anything as you prepare as well.
> You haven't tried such, to be honest. If you can get used to jump on them as you move them around, that could be a good strategy to develop.
> "You do have an extra layer of defense." Lucy observed. "Not just your own, but whatever these are, too. No matter."
> Lucy's stance changes, fists at the ready.
> "Here I come, Gatekeeper. Do you have enough defense in stock?"
> The ground behind Lucy is kicked off, a flurry of dust and dirt coming off from the sheer force.
> You use the shield formation of tiles to intercept the incoming fist!
> BAM!
> A current of air pushes you back some at the sound of inhuman fist and shield clashing, the sheer force caused by it is enough to make you feel the vibrations.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 11, 2021, 02:27:56 AM
>Move to the left several feet
->Hastily glance to and fro for an idea of where our friend is.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 11, 2021, 03:01:34 AM
> Ready ourselves and our scythe. We don't want another kick like that...
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 13, 2021, 06:52:49 PM
>Move to the left several feet
->Hastily glance to and fro for an idea of where our friend is.

> Ready ourselves and our scythe. We don't want another kick like that...

> You make haste towards the left after the shockwave of the hit on the shield formation, effectively attempting from escaping your previous position and not be an easy target.
> It does not take you much visualizing to find out that Luciela started to chase you after landing her fist against the shield of tiles. She used her wings to launch herself towards you.
> Speaking of kicks, she is about to deliver one!
> You have readied yourself and your scythe for a moment like this. You can attempt to block it yourself, or evade it, with the latter becoming a gamble on if you can do it or not. You don't have enough time to determine such.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 13, 2021, 06:58:57 PM
> Keep up for a block. Be wary of her movements in case she changes things up.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 13, 2021, 07:53:49 PM
>Neo

//I'd say parry, but those wings could reduce the effectiveness of that.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 13, 2021, 08:05:35 PM
//A parry could work. But her speed and force might be too much for us, based on that last kick, which wasn't even started as hard as this one.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 18, 2021, 08:36:01 PM
> Keep up for a block. Be wary of her movements in case she changes things up.

>Neo

//I'd say parry, but those wings could reduce the effectiveness of that.

> A clash occurs, the handle of your scythe receiving the impact of Luciela's bone shattering kick.
> You had planted your feet firmly on the ground, but even then you are pushed backwards from the force of the impact. Your stance was not broken, but you do feel the hands holding the scythe somewhat numb. No, the rest of your body too. Even now, you can feel the vibrations of the hit on your weapon.
> Luciela spun in the air as soon as the hit made contact and you were pushed away, landing neatly on her feet, and her wings disappearing.
> "Well." Luciela spoke as she was considering. "You did managed to not fall back from unconventional hits. It was not the biggest of tests, but I think that might suffice."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 18, 2021, 08:39:05 PM
> " Ugh... Sheesh. Are you trying to make me unfit to stand in front of Yuuka?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 18, 2021, 08:50:42 PM
> " Ugh... Sheesh. Are you trying to make me unfit to stand in front of Yuuka?"


> "I am trying to see that you stand at all." Luciela rectified, approaching. "You did well, for what I delivered. I can believe you are able to take care of yourself."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 18, 2021, 08:53:44 PM
> "Of course i can. If i couldn't, Yuuka wouldn't have had me there."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 18, 2021, 09:04:36 PM
> "Of course i can. If i couldn't, Yuuka wouldn't have had me there."

> "So you are her gatekeeper?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 18, 2021, 10:25:38 PM
> Nod.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 18, 2021, 10:34:16 PM
>Nod
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 19, 2021, 03:57:06 PM
> Nod.

>Nod

> Luciela readjusts her coat, looking at the part of it that was cut by your scythe.
> "And yet you are looking for her... What lead to such?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 19, 2021, 03:57:43 PM
> "She hasn't been home In a long time..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 19, 2021, 04:51:00 PM
> "She hasn't been home In a long time..."

> "And... you only look for her now?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 19, 2021, 04:58:42 PM
> "She can definitely handle herself. I thought she'd return later."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on November 19, 2021, 05:13:55 PM
>"I thought her business was taking longer than expected."

>"My coworker left to look for our mistress."
->Lean on our scythe and let out a sigh.
-->"Bless her heart."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 30, 2021, 10:02:35 AM
> "She can definitely handle herself. I thought she'd return later."

>"I thought her business was taking longer than expected."

>"My coworker left to look for our mistress."
->Lean on our scythe and let out a sigh.
-->"Bless her heart."

> "Endearing." Luciela rises an eyebrow as she gives you a look. "Regardless, you should be able to handle yourself. Don't take it the bad way, but you really didn't give the impression of being someone noteworthy, nor capable of an essential job as a guard."
> "But, I can see that is not the truth." She interjected in your coming thoughts. "I didn't quite expected someone to break away from my gaze that fast, and I've just been here for a bit."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on November 30, 2021, 02:53:23 PM
> "Are you sure its not just your own expectations of people being low?"
> Poke her questioningly with the other end of our scythe.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on November 30, 2021, 03:25:03 PM
> "Are you sure its not just your own expectations of people being low?"
> Poke her questioningly with the other end of our scythe.

> Luciela looks down to the poking area at her torso, before looking back up at you.
> "Well." She grins. "I am not exactly low myself."
> Bringing her hand up against her head horizontally, she follows the trajectory without altering its height, emphasizing the difference between you and her.
> The impudence... Cheeky ass horny woman.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 02, 2021, 06:35:44 AM
> "Get your head in the right place. I mean thinking of people properly. Aren't you a bit of a selfish lady?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 02, 2021, 10:23:19 AM
> "Get your head in the right place. I mean thinking of people properly. Aren't you a bit of a selfish lady?"

> "A bit of selfishness is never bad."
> Shrugging her shoulders as she stored her hands in the coat's pockets, the horned woman still displayed a smile, though lessened to be softer and less cheeky.
> "Especially when such is what I am most used to. But, I can up my game. I wouldn't find enjoyable to have some sense of company in a new place if I wasn't trying."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 02, 2021, 02:12:13 PM
> "So, now that i aced this test, how about we continue?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 02, 2021, 02:20:43 PM
> "So, now that i aced this test, how about we continue?"

> "Don't get ahead of yourself, now. Real combat will be a different thing."
> Her wings come from seemingly nowhere from under the back of her coat once again.
> "You owe me a new coat."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 02, 2021, 02:46:57 PM
> "I don't owe you anything! You said to come at you like an attempt at killing you. So its on you for requesting such."
> Pout
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 02, 2021, 03:13:17 PM
> "I don't owe you anything! You said to come at you like an attempt at killing you. So its on you for requesting such."
> Pout


> "Ah, so my 'validation services for combat ready individuals' is not worth anything? You hurt me, Elly. And here I thought I could start a monopoly in this new land. Future isn't looking bright for me."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on December 02, 2021, 07:24:39 PM
//Still here just don't know how to respond
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 04, 2021, 01:49:55 AM
> "Hey, it has worth. Just don't make others accountable for collateral damage in things you ask that are likely to have it. Besides, how was I supposed to avoid messing up your clothes?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 04, 2021, 02:53:14 PM
> "Hey, it has worth. Just don't make others accountable for collateral damage in things you ask that are likely to have it. Besides, how was I supposed to avoid messing up your clothes?"


> "I have a pretty face you could have attacked instead."
> Luciela leans closer.
> "See?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on December 04, 2021, 04:18:11 PM
>"True, but clothes are easier to repair.  Plus I need a cute foil for my mature appearance."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 04, 2021, 10:45:27 PM
> "How would I explain to Miss Yuuka what I did to this poor soul if your face is scratched up by my scythe?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 08, 2021, 01:31:58 PM
>"True, but clothes are easier to repair.  Plus I need a cute foil for my mature appearance."

> "A darling, aren't you? Well, you are far friendlier than I would have expected at first glance of your big thing, Miss Mature Death. For being someone who is supposed to protect, you sure know how to hit off with people."

> "How would I explain to Miss Yuuka what I did to this poor soul if your face is scratched up by my scythe?"

> "Maybe we should find out by actually having her in front of us. I doubt you need to talk about me when you have to catch up with each other, so that is good. Lead the way, Boss."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 13, 2021, 12:09:42 AM
> "Right right."
> Continue on then!
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 14, 2021, 08:42:11 PM
> "Right right."
> Continue on then!

> You take off, followed by your winged companion.
> The path remained uneventful, containing nothing more than the breeze of the land as the sun bathed down upon you, your hat shielding from any discomfort the light could cause by blinding that which is your next destination: that human settlement that the red-white spoke about. It really is what one could call a village, with how large it was.
> "We should land away and get rid of my wings and your scythe. If humans live there, I would prefer to take the safest way to appear as friendly as possible in case we don't get to see this garden and we have to rely on information seeking." Luciela reminded. "Unless you want to threaten them for the information?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 14, 2021, 08:52:33 PM
> "Get rid of? At least say it in a more... acceptable way than that. Because I'm definitely not going to hack off your wings and throw my beloved scythe away."
> Demanifest our scythe.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 14, 2021, 09:09:29 PM
> "Get rid of? At least say it in a more... acceptable way than that. Because I'm definitely not going to hack off your wings and throw my beloved scythe away."
> Demanifest our scythe.

> "They can grow back. Eventually. As for your scythe... Who knows. Ever wondered how it would be as a Tsukumogami?"
> You demanifest your scythe, leaving you bare handed.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 15, 2021, 06:41:31 PM
> "Does that mean someone did hack them off before?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 15, 2021, 06:46:07 PM
> "Does that mean someone did hack them off before?"

> "There was one point where I needed to experiment with myself to see just what I was capable of." Luciela paused. "Before you ask... It does hurt."
> ... This woman might as well be crazier than you expected.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 15, 2021, 06:49:19 PM
> "Geez, what the heck? What if they didn't grow back? You were fine with that?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 15, 2021, 06:55:21 PM
> "Geez, what the heck? What if they didn't grow back? You were fine with that?"

> "Then I would have been in serious trouble if I lost my only way to travel efficiently. Luckily, it didn't happened, so all that starts bad ends well, right? Or, something like that."
> ... Or, she might just be stupid.
> "Regardless, coming here might prove to be fruitful if I am able to learn how to travel like this without the need to use my wings. Just like you are doing, for example."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 15, 2021, 08:13:40 PM
> "Just... Don't act stupid in figuring out how to float..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 15, 2021, 08:32:44 PM
> "Just... Don't act stupid in figuring out how to float..."

> "Perhaps you could help that out by teaching me." Pausing again, Luciela smiles. "As payment for that little back and forth from before."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 16, 2021, 10:28:12 PM
> "Stop trying to make me be in your debt, and maybe I'll give it a shot."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 16, 2021, 10:40:19 PM
> "Stop trying to make me be in your debt, and maybe I'll give it a shot."

> "Out of the good will of your grim reaper heart then, Elly?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 16, 2021, 11:04:00 PM
> "Hmph... Maybe."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 17, 2021, 08:24:33 PM
> "Hmph... Maybe."


> "Maybe... Alright. I will work to make that a certainty. I wonder what else I could coax you with..."
> As Luciela set her evil thoughts in action, something catches your attention ahead.
> ... You recognize that umbrella.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on December 17, 2021, 08:46:02 PM
>No, it could be

>Slowly descend towards the umbrella
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 18, 2021, 02:40:45 AM
> "I believe in you."
> Pursue that umbrella!
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 20, 2021, 07:02:23 AM
>No, it could be

>Slowly descend towards the umbrella

> "I believe in you."
> Pursue that umbrella!

> "Hmm?"
> You make haste, though take into consideration the fact that the holder of said umbrella isn't going anywhere. In fact, they are talking to a winged girl, who was next to a stand. Unfortunate as it is, your view of the holder is obscured by the same object, and you can't really define enough to... make a solid statement of this person's identity right away.
> Though, you are hopeful. You are bound to find out shortly.
> And as you near the ground, you can see that long, green hair shielded from the sun rays under that umbrella's shadow...

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 24, 2021, 02:01:08 PM
> Is it her?
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on December 24, 2021, 03:26:47 PM
>Double check it is her.
->It would be awkward if it isn't.
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on December 27, 2021, 06:21:43 AM
> Is it her?

>Double check it is her.
->It would be awkward if it isn't.

> You are pretty sure it's her, though it is her back you see once you land. The color and clothing pattern, too... It has to be her.
> The winged one she is talking to — the one that can actually see you — directs her attention towards you.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on December 27, 2021, 02:19:55 PM
> " Excuse me..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on January 04, 2022, 10:32:16 PM
> " Excuse me..."

> "Yes?" The winged girl questioned.
> And then, the parasol-holder turned to face you...
> A sense of relief washes over you. Long stay of worries take their leave, however minuscule and unwarranted they could have been. She is fine, and you have her right in front of you. It's like she never changed! Well, minus the scar on her face. Still, those were minor details on what you believe to be a family member for you, and that wasn't going to take away from this moment.
> You don't know what kind of face you are making, but she is just looking at you. Neutral.

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on January 04, 2022, 10:55:16 PM
> "Mistr-"
> Wait, let's not make a fool of ourselves... Or embarrass her either.
> "...Is it truly you, Miss Yuuka?"
>_
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on January 05, 2022, 12:56:21 AM
>Neo
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on January 05, 2022, 05:28:06 AM
> "Mistr-"
> Wait, let's not make a fool of ourselves... Or embarrass her either.
> "...Is it truly you, Miss Yuuka?"
>_

>Neo

> "Good morning. And you are?" Yuuka questioned.

>_
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on January 05, 2022, 07:17:46 AM
> "E-Elly. From Mugen-..."
> "Ah. To be forgotten like this..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on January 05, 2022, 11:16:33 AM
>"Surely, you jest.  The mistress would not have forgotten her faithful gatekeeper so easily."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on January 05, 2022, 11:46:42 AM
> "E-Elly. From Mugen-..."
> "Ah. To be forgotten like this..."

>"Surely, you jest.  The mistress would not have forgotten her faithful gatekeeper so easily."

> "Hm? Whatever could you be talking about? Surely, you don't expect my memories to have withered in such short lapse of time. Are you forgetting there is someone here who doesn't know you?" Yuuka took a hand from her parasol, directing it towards the winged one in a polite way. "And most surely, you haven't forgotten about manners, Elizabeth?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on January 05, 2022, 05:14:36 PM
>"Ah,"
>Put our hand to our mouth

>"I apologize, I forgot myself when I saw your visage."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on January 06, 2022, 12:25:30 AM
>"W-Well, how come you never notified us or anything about your leave?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on January 06, 2022, 12:46:09 AM
>"Ah,"
>Put our hand to our mouth

>"I apologize, I forgot myself when I saw your visage."

> "My, aren't you quite excitable." Curving her lips to a smile, the Flower Youkai brought her hand to elegantly hold the parasol with both again.
> "Err... It's okay." The girl spoke, shaking her head. "I am Mystia."

>"W-Well, how come you never notified us or anything about your leave?"

> "Did something as trivial as a leisure trip require any notifications?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on January 06, 2022, 01:49:26 PM
> "I would believe so! What about any guests that you'd be expecting? Disappearing like that without any notice... and for so long, too."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on January 11, 2022, 06:31:18 PM
> "I would believe so! What about any guests that you'd be expecting? Disappearing like that without any notice... and for so long, too."

> "Uneventful as life was there with the remarkable lack of the aforementioned guests, I am surprised you remained there without following suit. The question would be if my leave was that important in actuality."

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on January 11, 2022, 07:50:47 PM
> "Why didn't you take us with you?"
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Philosopher on January 11, 2022, 08:06:17 PM
>"Mistress, I only stayed as it was my duty and believed you would return soon."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on January 16, 2022, 01:55:43 AM
> "Why didn't you take us with you?"

>"Mistress, I only stayed as it was my duty and believed you would return soon."

> "You responded yourself. It was your duty to stay. Though, honestly, I wouldn't have held it against you if you decided to just leave, or even follow me, so it holds itself rather poorly as an excuse. I didn't thought about bringing you. It's as simple as that."
> Yuuka took a few steps towards you, which brings you slightly under the shade of her parasol.
> "Was it worth the wait, Elly?"

> _
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Neovereign on January 16, 2022, 10:52:59 AM
> "I can't say it was too bad... This place does look nice. And you look-..."
> Glance down at our outfit.
> "Ah. I must look so dull and old fashioned now..."
Title: Re: Death's Gatekeeper: Elly
Post by: Tashi on January 16, 2022, 03:11:59 PM
> "I can't say it was too bad... This place does look nice. And you look-..."
> Glance down at our outfit.
> "Ah. I must look so dull and old fashioned now..."

> "Nonsense." Using her index and thumb of one hand, Yuuka brought your gaze back up at her by taking hold of your chin. Ah, that warm smile... "You are just as elegant as you used to be, . ... Minus the slight layer of dust decorating your dress, that is. Did this land welcome you in a warm way?"

> _