Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Tom on August 11, 2021, 09:58:02 PM

Title: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 11, 2021, 09:58:02 PM
> Prologue

> You're Seija Kijin the rebellious Amanojaku.

> Tonight you were supposed to be accompanying Shinmyoumaru to the Full Moon Festival at the Hakurei Shrine, to help her feel a little more comfortable around these powerful and influential humans and Youkai.  She's pretty much your only ally in Gensokyo who hasn't forgotten you after your exile so you accepted helping her, even though you're an Amanojaku.

> However while walking up the long stairway to the Hakurei Shrine you spotted one of Aya's newspapers under the shrine's gate and the headline caught your attention, it read:

                             A Competition among Gensokyans
                                      To Fulfill all Ten Desires
Wealth? Knowledge? Prestige? Magic? Longevity? Any one of them can be yours~
Whoever can successfully cause an Incident without being caught will have their
greatest wish fulfilled~!
Everyone interested should gather at the Hakurei Shrine Grounds at Sunset.

Also in this Bunbunmaru issue:
>Another year of excellent crop yields thanks to Minoriko's blessings. (Page 2)
>The Kraken confirmed!?  Eyewitness reports from fishermen about strange sightings
under Misty Lake's surface! (Page 3)
>Reading Tarot Cards 101!  5 cards link you to your past, present and future, according
to an expert.  But which cards provide the highest accuracy of readings?  We compare results
from 5 different sets of cards across 30 individuals. (Page 4)
>An exclusive interview with Village Physician Unshou about the health benefits of
smoked herring, a village delicacy. (Page 5)


> You first thought of it as some kind of joke or some kind of ploy by the Bunbunmaru to attract readers.  It's such an alluring idea though, fulfilling your deepest desires, your deepest wishes...  Needless to say it kept nagging you in the back of your mind while preparations for the festival were taking place.

> Full Moon Festival

> At the shrine you met Reimu who together with Youmu and Suika were preparing the tables outside and food inside.  During the preparations you tried to tempt Reimu into switching places with you through the use of your inversion abilities but she politely refused, claiming she needed more time to think about it. 
> Shinmyoumaru was very excited to see you after such a long absence from Gensokyo!  She hadn't changed one bit since you tried to take over the world, still adamantly trying to become bigger and flip Gensokyo on it's head!
> After meeting the inchling princess you found a mysterious looking magic tome in the shrine's living room with mysterious foreign runic symbols on it and depictions of what Shinmyoumaru called a "solar system".  Inside it you found an unfinished group spellcard in it which turned out to belong to a ghostly blue figure who introduced herself as the Evil Spirit Mima.
> The celestial Tenshi was the next to arrive, bursting through the doors and rudely grabbing a couple unfinished spring rolls to munch.  Seeing the shrine maiden's patience running thin you quickly save the day by flipping the celestial's taste causing her to run off in disgust the moment she tried eating one!

> Taking a break from the preparations you and Shinmyoumaru headed outside to a secluded place to see if the Miracle Mallet's energy had returned and how much it could power up your abilities.  With the mallet's assistance you were able to invert your location/orientation/size with anyone you chose three times before running out of energy!

> With the festivities beginning you both returned to the shrine grounds, where you watched a "friendly" duel in the sky between the sword wielding Tenshi and a flower Youkai capable of duplicating herself while shooting giant lasers!  The match ended in a draw with both being knocked across the shrine grounds after their final attacks collided head-on. 
>  Immediately afterwards though a mysterious doll you had spotted earlier lying on the donation box suddenly sprang alive and started clapping at the performance it just witnessed.
> This doll which you later learned was named Iris went on to babble about how watered down Gensokyo and the title of Shrine Maiden had really become.  She claimed Youkai only caused little nuisance incidents which only got punished by a slap on the wrist by the Shrine Maiden, even inviting said instigators to tea parties of all things afterwards.
> Besides having an annoyingly smug voice this doll just about drove you over the edge when it called your revolution a petty nuisance incident...

> With tension and disbelief rising among those in attendance the doll dropped a bunch of spell cards on the table claiming they're proof of it's legitimacy and left you all to investigate.  While the cards initially appeared blank you figured out that in the hands of their "owners" they light up, containing shockingly accurate information about their owner along with the occasional snarky comment about them. 
> That is when the realization struck that this doll wasn't kidding and had either done it's sneaky research or worse was incredibly powerful and resourceful.

> From that point on everyone sort of split up to try and make sense of what this "competition" means and who might be behind it.  Shinmyoumaru and you stuck around the big table with all the spell cards along with the Scarlet Mansion residents and investigated. 
> You experimented with taking cards that didn't belong to you to test the limits of Iris' perception (as she had warned you earlier not to steal them).  What you found was that they were rigged with some sort of incendiary spell that ignited the cards after a brief visual warning countdown!  Luckily the mansion's librarian realized the card's paper looked eerily similar to experimental anti-theft books she was developing and swiftly knocked the card out of Sakuya's hands before it had a chance to burn her.

> Afterwards Seija and Shinmyoumaru snuck off to the shrine's back yard where they found miss Mokou lighting something she calls a "cigar" while contemplating what just happened.  You discussed the recent events and speculated on what the doll might stand to gain out of a competition like this, since she seemed pretty trustworthy you even showed her your card (as Shinmyoumaru) and had a look at hers.

> Sidequest - Special Agent Fujiwara!
>> Mokou was pretty suspicious of the pupeteer (Alice) being behind the whole incident and since you agreed you lent her the strength of the mallet in order to turn tiny (Shinmyoumaru's size) to sneakily follow Alice to find out what her "spell card" says.  In the process you try and tackle one of Alice's dolls but it manages to run away and you give chase.  When you finally caught up to it in the backyard you found it staring at a scattered mess of doll parts in the back yard.  While investigating you tried to convince the doll you chased to reuse the fallen doll's stuffing and parts but it adamantly refused, claiming it might explode if you tried packing more material in it.  Upon leaving you tackled the doll, sending it's head flying across the backyard!  You then promptly used it's clothes and wig to disguise yourself as one of Alice's dolls with the goal of following her home.

> The destruction of the Hakurei Shrine

> Meanwhile Seija who had failed to deduce the source of the noise she heard in the back yard (OOC Knowledge: Mokou's attack on the doll) decides to look for Shinmyoumaru.  Upon walking out the front door however you bump into Tenshi and scatter the tray of spring rolls she was carrying.  Before she has the chance to pick them up however the donation box *explodes*, sending her soaring over the  faith gate and throwing you across the shrine and punching an Amanojaku-shaped hole in the door.
> Upon regaining your senses you quickly picked up your dropped cheat-items and ran back inside the shrine which was a complete and utter mess.  The kitchen had sustained most of the damage, with the living room being still somewhat in one piece.  However you quickly spotted two trails of liquid on the floor, one coming from a foreign looking device and another from a barrel with the name "Oni-Slayer" written on it.
> Rushing through the shrine you accidentally slipped on the mysterious liquids on the floor, luckily landing on the living room couch!  Getting up however you noticed the strange liquids had immediately ignited upon contact with a small fire, the fire quickly following the trail of liquid back to its source.  Realizing what would happen if it reached either the barrel or device you quickly sprung into action, using your Oni-Level strength to smash two holes in the floor disrupting the trails of liquid thus saving the shrine!

> With everyone having rushed into the shrine to assess the situtation you all hear a familiar voice exclaim "What a fitting way to kick off the competition, with the destruction of the Hakurei Shrine!"
> Noticing Reimu stepping approaching she capitalized on her hesitation, claiming that she's ignoring her Intuition in favor of her Youkai friends...  Thus failing the humans she swore to protect as the Hakurei Maiden and risking losing the already little faith the have in her.
> She then exclaims you have until sunrise to find the culprit or she's revealing to the village how "worthless" their shrine maiden really is...
> Iris then threatens that without faith she'd simply cease being the Hakurei Maiden, and with no successor to the bloodline the barrier would rapidly deteriorate...

> Having heard enough nonsense you decide to tackle Iris using your abilities to swap positions and sizes.  In the process you manage to briefly disorient her enough for Reimu to pin her down and demand the shrine be fixed, after which Iris seemingly passes out.  It seems she had an ace up her sleeve however when you hear a slight hissing sound and smell gunpowder burning.  At that moment Yukari leaps across the shrine, grabs the doll and tosses over the front yard where it explodes spectacularly into fireworks!
> Your relief from Iris however doesn't last long as she reappears the moment you all decide to investigate the incident...

> Investigation

> You begin with investigating the liquids on the floor and learn the one was a type of highly potent sake named "Oni-Slayer", with Suika exclaiming one glass is enough to make her pass out for the night.  The other liquid is more peculiar, coming from a foreign looking heating device the Kourindou Shopkeeper calls a Kerosene Heater.  While there's nothing wrong with the device he explains they leak if tipped over, which likely happened after the donation box exploded.  He considers the three-legged design flawed, claiming a round base would make it much more stable.
> You then turn your attention to the donation box's remains which you immediately recognize smells like gunpowder, albeit with traces of some other ... foreign scent.  Patchouli (who was also investigating the box) agrees with your findings and is surprised you know what gunpowder is.  She theorizes Alice could be involved in some way since she's one of the few in Gensokyo that not only know of gunpowder's existence but she also uses it extensively for channeling magical energy in her dolls.  As for the other substance she theorizes it could've been some type of fuse since gunpowder is only explosive under pressure but is difficult to ignite under such circumstances.
> The Hourai pharmacist notices you two investigating the box and offers her assistance in determining the mystery substance by testing it with various reagents.  This however takes time so you decide to split up with Patchouli to cover more ground.
> You then notice a blank spell card on the floor, suspecting it's Tenshi's you pick it up and see five flames glowing on it.  Having seen the results previously Patchouli rushes you to the round table to set the card down before it burns you, explaining it's a type of anti-theft system where only the card's owner can hold it.

> Speaking of cards you hadn't had a chance to look at Shinmyoumaru's so you take the chance to ask to see her card which she happily shows you.  Hers is considerably more complete than yours, having no ??? sections and even having a snarky comment in the "extra" section.

> You then head off to find Youmu who was inside the shrine investigating the floorboards you shattered.  Looking around in the area under the floor she notices there's some item down there which you offer to retrieve through the use of your abilities.  To make matters more interesting upon swapping positions and sizes with the mystery item you spot a hatch in the floor directly above it!  Making a mental note of it's position relative to the shrine you float back up through the broken floorboards where you undo the previous swap and end up underneath Youmu!  You accidentally startle Youmu attempting to hug her and she ends up mistakenly stepping on you!  Even though she apologized immediately being an Amanojaku you made sure to get your revenge by picking her up and carrying her like an item to where you traced the hatch to be.  Which turned out to be in Shinmyoumaru's room, right under her futon!  No wonder it looked so uncomfortable to begin with!

> You're now alone in Shinmyoumaru's room, after having swapped Youmu and the futon's sizes to make her slightly taller.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 11, 2021, 10:46:07 PM
> Oh, right that Leviathan thing. Hmm, if there actually is anything to that story, maybe we can swap sizes with whatever creature that is.
> But that's another concern for another time. Head back out to the folks out front.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: EggBread on August 11, 2021, 11:57:39 PM
>Start a poll and a debate scrum over nonsensical topics, like the standard size of spring rolls, whether to use rice or wheat flour, whether to let it rest after cooking, whether crabs or surimi or meat is an appropriate filling, etc
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 12, 2021, 02:55:27 AM
> Oh, right that Leviathan thing. Hmm, if there actually is anything to that story, maybe we can swap sizes with whatever creature that is.
> But that's another concern for another time. Head back out to the folks out front.
> Indeed it would be interesting!  Maybe you should consider going fishing sometime?  Hopefully there's some truth to the legend...
> You head back out front and I'm find everyone split into small groups and investigating or discussing their findings.

>Start a poll and a debate scrum over nonsensical topics, like the standard size of spring rolls, whether to use rice or wheat flour, whether to let it rest after cooking, whether crabs or surimi or meat is an appropriate filling, etc
> You ask around about the spring rolls and get overwhelmingly positive opinions about them, everyone applauded Youmu's cooking.  Even Tenshi who had her taste inverted agreed they were really good!

Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 12, 2021, 12:27:22 PM
> We are aware of the Bamboo Forest area, yes?
> If so, who is still here that we know is from that area?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 12, 2021, 08:08:38 PM
> We are aware of the Bamboo Forest area, yes?
> You're aware of it's existence but haven't cared to explore it much.

> If so, who is still here that we know is from that area?
> You know the pharmacist resides there along with the short lady in pink she accompanies most of the time.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 12, 2021, 08:11:33 PM
> Track Youmu down again and request the piece of bamboo back.
> How do people seem to be reacting to Youmu's new appearance?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 12, 2021, 08:25:31 PM
> Track Youmu down again and request the piece of bamboo back.
> You find Youmu in the kitchen looking through some drawers and ask her for the piece of bamboo which she hapily hands over!

> How do people seem to be reacting to Youmu's new appearance?
> She hasn't really been outside long enough for people to notice
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 12, 2021, 08:26:19 PM
> "Thanks, kiddo. What're you looking for, anyway?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 12, 2021, 08:32:08 PM
> "Thanks, kiddo. What're you looking for, anyway?"
> "Oh me? I'm checking to see if Reimu keeps any bamboo utensils or tools"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 12, 2021, 08:35:45 PM
> Have we ever been in a romantic relationship?
> Have we ever had any brief flings?
> "Oh, that's not a bad idea at all. Lemme help with that."
> Assist checking the kitchen for bamboo implements.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 12, 2021, 10:04:08 PM
> Have we ever been in a romantic relationship?
> As an Amanojaku you find it quite difficult to maintain romantic relationships as the ways you show affection are frequently misunderstood by humans and Youkai alike. You've found that merely revealing what type of Youkai you are is enough to scare most away.  Even Shinmyoumaru thinks you're just some kind of Oni, as you generally avoid talking about your past or nature.
> Besides you don't think you've ever had what humans call "true feelings" for someone... or maybe you just can't tell what attraction feels like for Amanojaku?
> You've certainly had your share of pretend relationships, most in the outside world in various attempts to gain influence, leverage or even inheritance. You're willing to put up with all the nuances of traditional relationships and play out the parts perfectly when you see it as an act, a means to an end.

> Have we ever had any brief flings?
> Back in the day in the outside world? Too many to recall honestly.
> Recently in Gensokyo though? During the revolution you were able to seduce Marisa for a few nights and stall her investigation while you attempted to coerce her to your side. You had plans to try the same tactic on Reimu but the mallet ran out of power too soon!
> The only consistent relationship you had during the incident was with Shinmyoumaru. It was her idea originally and you happily agreed since it also helped keep her distracted from how the revolution was progressing. She wanted to participate in the recruitments and battles below but you knew it'd make you look weak and lose faith if they saw how tiny the princess you claimed to be leading the movement was...

> "Oh, that's not a bad idea at all. Lemme help with that."
> Assist checking the kitchen for bamboo implements.
> You look through the cabinets and drawers to find several deep metal "bowls" with bamboo handles, presumably used in some kind of shrine ritual.
> One of them appears to be missing its handle for some reason
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 12, 2021, 10:10:05 PM
> How do we typically show affection, if we even feel it? Are we what some might stereotype as a "tsundere", or are things more elaborate than that?
> Did either ourselves or Shinmyoumaru ever feel/express a desire to get intimate with the other beyond how standard friends treat each other?
> Do we ever behave in a flirtatious manner outside of when we're trying to use someone to achieve an end?

> Compare the "bowl" with the missing handle to the piece of bamboo we have. Do they look like they fit together?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 12, 2021, 10:34:43 PM
> How do we typically show affection, if we even feel it? Are we what some might stereotype as a "tsundere", or are things more elaborate than that?
> One could describe you as "tsundere", you like to tease and pick on those you like. This combined with the fact that Amanojaku can be quite rough leads to their affection being misunderstood.
> Did either ourselves or Shinmyoumaru ever feel/express a desire to get intimate with the other beyond how standard friends treat each other?
> You slept with her many nights during the revolution, mostly at her request. Even though she's quite shy and the kind of of person you'd expect to run away from an Amanojaku she really enjoys your presence.

> Do we ever behave in a flirtatious manner outside of when we're trying to use someone to achieve an end?
> Maybe a bit around Shinmyoumaru during the revolution, she certainly made the first move though... or so you'd like to admit.

> Compare the "bowl" with the missing handle to the piece of bamboo we have. Do they look like they fit together?
> You piece together the bowl and handle to find that it's just barely too lose to stay on. If it was literally one hair narrower it would fit perfectly.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 12, 2021, 10:38:39 PM
> If we're being completely honest with ourselves, how physically attractive is Youmu?
> "Hey. Take a look at this."
> Hold up the bowl and the bamboo, pieced together, for Youmu to see.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 12, 2021, 10:57:14 PM
> If we're being completely honest with ourselves, how physically attractive is Youmu?
> You find her physically quite attractive but there's others who catch your attention more...

> "Hey. Take a look at this."
> Hold up the bowl and the bamboo, pieced together, for Youmu to see.
> She watches you try and place the bamboo stick on the bowl and remarks "So close, even the type of bamboo matches with the other handles!  I wonder why it doesn't fit..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 12, 2021, 11:03:42 PM
> Who's the hottest person at the party? Aside from ourselves, obviously.
> Does the shape of the loose bamboo match the shape of the other handles?
> Double-check the inside of the loose bamboo. Does it look like it was recently carved out at all, perhaps?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 12:01:35 AM
> Who's the hottest person at the party? Aside from ourselves, obviously.
> Youmu is certainly up there, along with the shrine maiden, her blonde friend, the puppeteer and even that silly celestial...

> Does the shape of the loose bamboo match the shape of the other handles?
> Perfectly

> Double-check the inside of the loose bamboo. Does it look like it was recently carved out at all, perhaps?
> No but it looks somewhat damp, likely with whatever is giving it that odd scent
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 12:05:24 AM
> What makes up the process of making another person our familiar?
> How many familiars can we have at once? Is there any sort of limiting factor at all?

> "Maybe there used to be a thin layer of adhesive that's been scraped or washed away. I remember we worked in here together earlier while the red-white was around; do you remember anyone else coming in here?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 01:18:24 AM
> What makes up the process of making another person our familiar?
> You both agree to share your magical energy and cast a spell to pool it together. The one who's stronger and controls the majority of the energy tends to be called the master and those who control the minority are called the familiars.

> How many familiars can we have at once? Is there any sort of limiting factor at all?
> Based on your research the limiting factor is the proportion of your magical energy compared to your familiar's. For this reason people tend to only have one familiar unless the familiars are considerably weaker than their master. You theorize one way around this is letting familiars have familiars of their own.

> "Maybe there used to be a thin layer of adhesive that's been scraped or washed away. I remember we worked in here together earlier while the red-white was around; do you remember anyone else coming in here?"
> "Oh yeah, didn't think of that!"
> After a moment of thought "Well Tenshi was here briefly to grab a bite to eat but other than Reimu and you I don't remember anyone else?  But then again anyone could've visited before I got here, the shrine's always open..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 01:25:41 AM
> If we planned to make the shrine maiden our familiar, does that mean we're confident enough that we're stronger than her that we would be the master and not her?
> What benefits does the master get from the relationship, again?
> "Maybe we should pull the red-white aside and ask her about it, then."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 02:08:34 AM
> If we planned to make the shrine maiden our familiar, does that mean we're confident enough that we're stronger than her that we would be the master and not her?
> You planned on weakening her beforehand by screwing with the barrier while also using all of the mallet's strength.  Even then it would've been somewhat of a gamble since she'd have to willingly take part in the spell. Your plan was to make it look like you were betraying Shinmyoumaru because she had become too powerful like the opressors she vowed to overthrow. Your plan was then to offer to become Reimu's familiar claiming that Shinmyoumaru was invincible thus requiring you to get her to lower her guard. But unbeknownst to Reimu you would've been working together all along with you channeling the mallet's energy while Shinmyoumaru wrecked havoc on the Hakurei barrier. The end result would've been her performing the ritual and ending up as a familiar for you to command.

> What benefits does the master get from the relationship, again?
> Access to some of the familiar's abilities and the ability to command them provided the commands do not go against their species instincts (ex. Vampire cannot be told not to drink blood)

> "Maybe we should pull the red-white aside and ask her about it, then."
> "That's a good idea, I'll have another look at the guest room so we can cover more ground"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 02:14:15 AM
> How long does the familiarization ritual take?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 02:19:15 AM
> How long does the familiarization ritual take?
> It would take a couple minutes tops to perform the necessary preparations and cast the spell. The spell itself completes instantly as far as you know.
> Since Reimu's quite experienced with rituals you reckon she'd be quick at preparations
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 02:27:15 AM
> Nod.
> "That'd be a big help. Mmm, before you leave, though..."
> Glance around to make sure we're alone.
> If we are indeed alone: "...You ever think about being a familiar?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 02:34:35 AM
> Nod.
> "That'd be a big help. Mmm, before you leave, though..."
> Glance around to make sure we're alone.
> If we are indeed alone: "...You ever think about being a familiar?"
> You don't see anyone around so you go ahead and ask
> A little confused  "A familiar? To whom? Lady Yuyuko is already really demanding, I don't think I'd have time to attend to someone else..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 02:39:04 AM
> "To me, of course. You've been a big help, and seem like you'd continue being one in the future. You're also a real cutie, in multiple ways. Obviously I'd prefer to have you all to myself, but I'd be willing to work something out with your current mistress just to have more of you."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 03:10:07 AM
> "To me, of course. You've been a big help, and seem like you'd continue being one in the future. You're also a real cutie, in multiple ways. Obviously I'd prefer to have you all to myself, but I'd be willing to work something out with your current mistress just to have more of you."
> You notice her face turn a bit pinkish-red at the cutie remark
> "Huh? T-thank you, glad to have been of help! You're such a funny Youkai, one minute you're complementing my assistance and the next you're carrying me around like some doll haha" she laughs and taps you on the forehead

> She continues "If you can work something out with Lady Yuyuko I'd be glad to spend more time with you!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 03:16:55 AM
> How much time and effort would go into the process of undoing a familiarization?

> "Hmhmhm~ I can understand you not enjoying being carried in that manner, yes. If you'll pardon me for a moment, would you enjoy this more?"
> Attempt to grab and lift Youmu such that we have her in a bridal carry. Give her a soft grin while holding her if we are successful.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 03:25:56 AM
> How much time and effort would go into the process of undoing a familiarization?
> Another ritual similar to the one needed to form the familiar bond would be required

> "Hmhmhm~ I can understand you not enjoying being carried in that manner, yes. If you'll pardon me for a moment, would you enjoy this more?"
> Attempt to grab and lift Youmu such that we have her in a bridal carry. Give her a soft grin while holding her if we are successful.
> "Uhh I'm not sure what you have in m-"
> Before she's able to finish you've wrapped your arms around her and lifted her into a bridal carry.  She initially squirms a little in protest but relaxes eventually into your arms

> As you grin she comments "P-please don't let anyone see us!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 03:30:47 AM
> Does she seem to be enjoying being carried in this manner?
> If not, does she seem to actively dislike it?
> Is she still blushing? If so, is it any more than before?
> Is she looking at us, or diverting her eyes?

> Chuckle lightly.
> "Of course, of course. A moment like this is meant to be enjoyed privately, after all."
> Tilt and/or lift her so her face is slightly closer to our face.
> "Just you~ and~ me~"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 10:43:40 AM
> Does she seem to be enjoying being carried in this manner?
> If not, does she seem to actively dislike it?
> She's quite relaxed so you assume she doesn't mind too much.

> Is she still blushing? If so, is it any more than before?
> Is she looking at us, or diverting her eyes?
> Yes, even more than before and trying to avoid eye contact

> Chuckle lightly.
> "Of course, of course. A moment like this is meant to be enjoyed privately, after all."
> Tilt and/or lift her so her face is slightly closer to our face.
> "Just you~ and~ me~"
> She stutters a bit trying to find the words to say something
> "You can be so similar to Lady Yuyuko you silly Youkai" she laughs as you feel something cold -- her ghost half hug your waist

> "But can you please set me down before someone inadvertently walks in?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 10:49:55 AM
> Set her back down onto her feet.
> "There you go."
> Gently pat her ghost half while it hugs us, now that our hands are free.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:01:35 AM
> Set her back down onto her feet.
> "There you go."
> "Thank you, Seija~"
> Still blushing she laughs "I guess there's some advantages to being small and short"

> Gently pat her ghost half while it hugs us, now that our hands are free.
> You pat the ghost half as best you can with an intangible object and it swirls around you before returning to Youmu, who's now looking the other way to hide how red her face is.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:07:17 AM
> "Hey, don't forget you're taller than me right now."
> Get behind her and put our hands on her shoulders.
> "And I don't mind at all if you want to be bigger, for however long you want to be bigger. Remember, I think you should indulge it as much as you want. And when you're with me, you'll get to do exactly that~"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:10:19 AM
> "Hey, don't forget you're taller than me right now."
> Get behind her and put our hands on her shoulders.
> "And I don't mind at all if you want to be taller, for however long you want to be taller. Remember, I think you should indulge it as much as you want~"
> "Thank you, your ability really is something special!"

> A little worried she mentions "Let's continue investigating though, we only have until sunrise to figure this out..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:12:00 AM
> "All right, all right. Good luck out there, kiddo."
> Give her a light smack on the backside, in the congratulatory way outside world athletes do.
> Then head back out front in search of Reimu.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:15:22 AM
> "All right, all right. Good luck out there, kiddo."
> Give her a light smack on the backside, in the congratulatory way outside world athletes do.
> She laughs and happily heads to the guest room to continue investigating

> Then head back out front in search of Reimu.
> Outside the shrine you spot Reimu talking to her blonde friend and the ghost princess.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:16:34 AM
> How big is Youmu's butt, anyway?
> Head over to the conversation, standing at a respectful distance and not interrupting.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:34:58 AM
> How big is Youmu's butt, anyway?
> Head over to the conversation, standing at a respectful distance and not interrupting.
> About average you'd say after having well... inadvertantly sat on you.

> You walk over to the trio and after a short while Reimu approaches
> "Found anything yet?"
> From looks alone you can tell she's in somewhat of a foul mood
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:38:59 AM
> "Actually, I did."
> Hold up the bamboo stick/potential bowl handle.
> "I need you to look at something inside."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:48:26 AM
> "Actually, I did."
> Hold up the bamboo stick/potential bowl handle.
> "I need you to look at something inside."
> She recognizes it immediately and leads you to the kitchen
> "Where'd you find that!? Suika noticed it was missing earlier that afternoon when I asked her to fetch some water from the pond behind"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:52:39 AM
> "Underground. Specifically, in the space directly below the floor hatch in the guest room. My guess is whoever had it last dumped it down there after using it to help do what happened here tonight. Here, have a whiff."
> Hold the bamboo out toward Reimu's face. (Make sure to not get so close as to risk poking her accidentally.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:57:37 AM
> "Underground. Specifically, in the space directly below the floor hatch in the guest room. My guess is whoever had it last dumped it down there after using it to help do what happened here tonight. Here, have a whiff."
> Hold the bamboo out toward Reimu's face. (Make sure to not get so close as to risk poking her accidentally.
> "Mhmm?  It smells like that stuff Mr. Rinnosuke fills the fancy fireplace with"
> She points at the Kerosene heater
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 12:03:14 PM
> "Yeah. And that stuff can be used to cause fires, and other unpleasant things."
> Hold the bamboo up in such a way that we are looking at Reimu through it.
> "My guess is that someone wrenched this off of your cookware, used it to pour some of that smelly liquid somewhere strategic, and then chucked it down through that hatch to hide the evidence."
> "The moon doc is doing some testing for some stuff we found in your donation box. Might be worth checking with her to see if she's finished. If she found that this stuff was in there, then that would explain the explosion."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 12:21:46 PM
> "Yeah. And that stuff can be used to cause fires, and other unpleasant things."
> Hold the bamboo up in such a way that we are looking at Reimu through it.
> "My guess is that someone wrenched this off of your cookware, used it to pour some of that smelly liquid somewhere strategic, and then chucked it down through that hatch to hide the evidence."
> "That hatch in Shinmyoumaru's room?"

> "The moon doc is doing some testing for some stuff we found in your donation box. Might be worth checking with her to see if she's finished. If she found that this stuff was in there, then that would explain the explosion."
> "Let's go see if she's finished then?"
> She leads you outside where you find the pharmacist holding up various vials against the moonlight while taking notes
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 12:22:08 PM
> "Hey. Anything good yet?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 01:09:57 PM
> "Hey. Anything good yet?"
> "Oh, yes I've determined the substance to be of organic origin and particularly lightweight, matching perfectly the reagent signature of kerosene. A type of fuel not usually found in Gensokyo as most favor wood or ethanol"

> "Ahh that's what Mr Rinnosuke puts in the foreign fireplace!" Reimu comments

> Eirin confused asks "Fireplace? I'm more surprised your whole place hasn't burned down if he's throwing that the fireplace!"

> Slightly annoyed Reimu explains "Not a traditional fireplace, let me show you"

> She leads both of you to the living room and points at the heating appliance

> Eirin breathes a sigh of relief "Ah I see, you just don't have the word for it. Then that seals the deal, the flammable liquid in the box most certainly came from here"

> Knowledge acquired: Donation box residues - You've identified the residues found on the donation box to be a mixture of gunpowder and kerosene from Reimu's heating appliance
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 01:11:44 PM
> "That's what I'd hoped. Here, have a whiff."
> Hold the bamboo handle out toward Eirin.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 01:23:10 PM
> "That's what I'd hoped. Here, have a whiff."
> Hold the bamboo handle out toward Eirin.
> She steps away
> "No thanks, that's why we have reagents in science. Scent alone doesn't prove anything!  Besides it's not the healthiest thing to be inhaling..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 01:28:24 PM
> Shrug.
> "Your call. Thanks for the info, in any case."
> Look to Reimu.
> "Let's head back to that room I told you about."
> Head to the guest room, where Youmu is theoretically still looking around.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 01:49:05 PM
> Shrug.
> "Your call. Thanks for the info, in any case."
> Look to Reimu.
> "Let's head back to that room I told you about."
> Head to the guest room, where Youmu is theoretically still looking around.
> You return to the guest room and find Youmu standing inside the hatch while looking around underneath the floor
> Her ghost half seems to notice you and swirls around you a few times
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 01:50:49 PM
> Smile at it and give it a couple of pats, then look down at where Youmu is.
> "Hey kiddo. Find anything good?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 01:58:38 PM
> Smile at it and give it a couple of pats, then look down at where Youmu is.
> "Hey kiddo. Find anything good?"
> It swirls aorund you once more before returning to Youmu
> "Not really, there's no signs of anyone having been down here other than the bamboo piece we found"
> She jumps out of the hatch and asks Reimu "How come you don't keep anything down there?"
> Reimu laughs "There's a bit of a rodent problem down there"
> Upon hearing this she slams the hatch shut and covers it with the futon
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 02:04:01 PM
> Chuckle a bit ourselves.
> "Unfortunate. But we did get some useful info from the moon doc; the liquid in the box matches the liquid in the heater. Which means this bamboo handle was very likely used to pour the liquid into the donation box."
> "So, what that means is that whoever did this knows what that liquid can do, knew where those bowls were and how to get to them without arousing suspicion, was strong enough to rip this handle off, and knew about the hatch in this room. I can't imagine very many people fit all of those criteria."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 02:27:42 PM
> Chuckle a bit ourselves.
> "Unfortunate. But we did get some useful info from the moon doc; the liquid in the box matches the liquid in the heater. Which means this bamboo handle was very likely used to pour the liquid into the donation box."
> "So, what that means is that whoever did this knows what that liquid can do, knew where those bowls were and how to get to them without arousing suspicion, was strong enough to rip this handle off, and knew about the hatch in this room. I can't imagine very many people fit all of those criteria."
> Reimu thinks for a moment
> "Well I'd say it has to be someone who lives here or at least visits a lot.  I rarely use those bowls anymore these days and the same thing goes for the hatch and crawlspace"
> Youmu comments "The evidence kind of points to the inchling but I doubt she'd have the strength to remove the handle, let alone open the hatch?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 02:30:37 PM
> Does Reimu seem to have noticed that Youmu is suddenly the tallest person in the room?
> "It would need to be someone that arrived before Suika told you the handle was missing. Or it could be Suika herself, I suppose, if we think she fits all those criteria I listed."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 02:41:52 PM
> Does Reimu seem to have noticed that Youmu is suddenly the tallest person in the room?
> "It would need to be someone that arrived before Suika told you the handle was missing. Or it could be Suika herself, I suppose, if we think she fits all those criteria I listed."
> Not really she was standing in the hatch until now
> Reimu a little surprised "Suika? Let's just ask her then, as far as I know oni cannot lie"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 02:46:37 PM
> "Sure. Lead the way, boss."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 03:00:44 PM
> "Sure. Lead the way, boss."
> She leads you both to the warehouse where you find the oni gathering up wooden planks, presumably for rebuilding.

> Reimu asks "Hey Suika did you have anything to do with the incident regarding the donation box?"
> To which she happily replies "Nope!"

> Reimu explains "See? I told you oni are dead honest!"

> Knowledge acquired: Suika's account - "Nope!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 03:05:31 PM
> ...Can oni really not lie? We lie all the time, don't we? Are amanojaku just exempt from that rule?
> Look to Reimu.
> "Well, that's one, at least. Do you remember who has been in the kitchen today? Present company excluded."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 03:14:05 PM
> ...Can oni really not lie? We lie all the time, don't we? Are amanojaku just exempt from that rule?
> They really can't even comprehend the concept of lying. You on the other hand are different and have no problems lying, but you also don't drink barrels full of alcohol
> You know that Amanojaku are closely related to oni and share their physical strength but are much more cunning and methodical, relying on logic, leverage and magic to get things done rather than brute force.

> Look to Reimu.
> "Well, that's one, at least. Do you remember who has been in the kitchen today? Present company excluded."
> She again cheerfully replies "Nope!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 03:14:41 PM
> Look to Reimu.
> "What about you, red-white? You were in the kitchen a bunch."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 04:24:49 PM
> Look to Reimu.
> "What about you, red-white? You were in the kitchen a bunch."
> "Well while Youmu, you and I were working on the spring rolls Tenshi came in to eat.  Earlier Shinmyoumaru was in her room while Marisa and Mima were read some magic book and after the event started I saw Mokou sneak off to the back of the shrine? Oh and Suika ocassionally went in and out to help with the cleaning
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 04:29:16 PM
> Would Shinmyoumaru know about kerosene? Or gunpowder?
> "Tenshi left almost as soon as she entered, and I watched her the entire time, so it couldn't have been her unless she went back in later. She took the brunt of the explosion itself, though...I don't know if she would have done that to herself. Would any of the others you mentioned know much about that liquid?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 04:40:28 PM
> Would Shinmyoumaru know about kerosene? Or gunpowder?
> There's a few books in the castle's library on gunpowder's properties, manufacturing and use in traditional cannons and other primitive firearms.
> You doubt she'd know much about kerosene but she did live with Reimu so it's possible she figured out how that heater works.

> "Tenshi left almost as soon as she entered, and I watched her the entire time, so it couldn't have been her unless she went back in later. She took the brunt of the explosion itself, though...I don't know if she would have done that to herself. Would any of the others you mentioned know much about that liquid?"
> "Well Marisa and Mima probably spend the most time here after Shinmyoumaru who lives with me, so its possible they've been around when Mr Rinnosuke was filling it to ask him questions. As for Mokou well... she likes all things flammable"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 04:42:40 PM
> "Hmm. Would Tenshi or Mokou know about that hatch in the guest room?
> "And no one noticed the handle was missing until after I left the kitchen?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 04:46:50 PM
> "Hmm. Would Tenshi or Mokou know about that hatch in the guest room?
> "I doubt it, they probably think this room is a closet or something"

> "And no one noticed the handle was missing until after I left the kitchen?"
> "Suika noticed it was missing earlier that afternoon when I asked her to fetch some water from the pond behind"
// This was already mentioned [Here]
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 04:49:13 PM
> Do we know if that was before or after we helped with the spring rolls?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 04:50:55 PM
> Do we know if that was before or after we helped with the spring rolls?
> You assume before since it was nearly sunset by then. You hardly call that 'afternoon'.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 04:52:30 PM
> Frown a bit.
> "That would be before I even got here..."
> How good an actor is Shinmyoumaru?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 05:05:16 PM
> Frown a bit.
> "That would be before I even got here..."
> "Indeed, those who were here before you were Youmu, Shinmyoumaru, Mima, Marisa, Suika and I.

> How good an actor is Shinmyoumaru?
> Quite talented, given that she's of royal descent.  During the revolution she loved practicing her motivational speeches which always sounded incredibly inspiring even if she was having a rough day worrying about the progress below.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 05:06:29 PM
> Adopt a look of sudden realization.
> "Wait."
> Finger-snap.
> "The witch was doing something by the donation box when I first arrived. I think she was playing with some sort of doll."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 05:17:56 PM
> Adopt a look of sudden realization.
> "Wait."
> Finger-snap.
> "The witch was doing something by the donation box when I first arrived. I think she was playing with some sort of doll."
> The shrine maiden's eyes widen
> "Marisa? She'd never..."
> Reimu thinks for a moment and breathes a sigh of relief
> "She must've just been looking at Iris!"
> Youmu remarks "It never hurts to ask, maybe she saw something inside the box?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 05:20:05 PM
> Did the doll Marisa was playing with at the time look like Iris?
> Did we ever talk to Alice about her dolls?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 05:31:21 PM
> Did the doll Marisa was playing with at the time look like Iris?
> You didn't know it at the time but retrospectively you believe so.

> Did we ever talk to Alice about her dolls?
> No, you've been wanting to learn more about her since the revolution. Her house reminds you of the outside world and so does her name sound foreign.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 05:33:33 PM
> Did Shinmyoumaru talk to Alice at all, that we recall?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 08:02:58 PM
> Did Shinmyoumaru talk to Alice at all, that we recall?
> Not that you know of, you did your best to keep her occupied in the Shining Needle Castle.
> She spent most of her day studying in the library ways to boost the mallet's magical power or preparing various speeches to help you recruit more members.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 08:07:07 PM
> Are we aware of any relationship Alice may have with Marisa?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 08:09:39 PM
> Are we aware of any relationship Alice may have with Marisa?
> Well there have been gossipy rumors in the Tengu papers about Alice having a crush on Marisa...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 08:13:27 PM
> "...If there's a doll involved, and if Marisa might be involved, would it be worth asking Alice for information first, just in case?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 08:16:35 PM
> "...If there's a doll involved, and if Marisa might be involved, would it be worth asking Alice for information first, just in case?"
> Reimu nods "Alice is always very polite and might even help us..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 08:25:21 PM
> "Let's go see her, then."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 08:27:44 PM
> "Let's go see her, then."
> Reimu leads you out to the front yard and through the shrine's faith gate to the long staircase where you find Alice and Tenshi talking about Mahjong
> One of her dolls notices you and tugs on her shoulder
> "Can I help you?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 08:41:04 PM
> Is Youmu still with us?
> "If you don't mind. Need to ask you about some private stuff."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:38:07 PM
> Is Youmu still with us?
> "If you don't mind. Need to ask you about some private stuff."
> She certainly is and whispers "What is it about?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:39:19 PM
> Did Alice or Youmu answer that? It was directed at Alice, I just wanted to verify Youmu came along.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:49:57 PM
// My bad thought it was directed at Youmu
> Youmu did
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:51:23 PM
> "Oh, sorry, not you, her."
> Gesture to Alice.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:54:39 PM
> "Oh, sorry, not you, her."
> Gesture to Alice.
> Tenshi crosses her arms
> "Why am I always excluded from anything important!?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:56:28 PM
> "It's nothing against you, I promise. If you have extensive knowledge of dolls, though, I can ask both of you."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 13, 2021, 11:58:26 PM
> "It's nothing against you, I promise. If you have extensive knowledge of dolls, though, I can ask both of you."
> "Fine, I know nothing about dolls"
> She waltzes back up the steps and disappears towards the shrine
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 13, 2021, 11:59:26 PM
> Look back to Alice.
> "Sorry about that. Didn't mean to offend your conversation partner."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 12:11:21 AM
> Look back to Alice.
> "Sorry about that. Didn't mean to offend your conversation partner."
> She whispers "No worries she can be quite demanding with all the questions"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 12:12:53 AM
> Raise our voice just a little bit, so Reimu and Youmu can still hear, but no one else will hear.
> "Anyway, keep this on the down-low, but we...have reason to believe Marisa might have been responsible for that explosion."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 12:28:27 AM
> Raise our voice just a little bit, so Reimu and Youmu can still hear, but no one else will hear.
> "Anyway, keep this on the down-low, but we...have reason to believe Marisa might have been responsible for that explosion."
> Surprised she waves dismissively
> "M-Marisa? No way"
> She looks at Reimu
> "Isn't s-she like your b-best friend? How are you letting these Y-youkai suspect her?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 12:35:10 AM
> "Look, I know, I know. But the information we've found has really narrowed down who could possibly be responsible. She's one of the extreme few that could possibly have known everything necessary to do what's been done. But I'm not sure just yet."
> "When I got here, she was playing with a doll right by the donation box. It might've been Iris, or it might've been her setting something up. Were you aware of any dolls neat the donation box this afternoon, Iris or otherwise?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 12:46:24 AM
> "Look, I know, I know. But the information we've found has really narrowed down who could possibly be responsible. She's one of the extreme few that could possibly have known everything necessary to do what's been done. But I'm not sure just yet."
> "When I got here, she was playing with a doll right by the donation box. It might've been Iris, or it might've been her setting something up. Were you aware of any dolls neat the donation box this afternoon, Iris or otherwise?"
> "I don't know anything about a doll near the donation box but two of my dolls have gone missing tonight..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 12:47:55 AM
> "Hrm. Would they have been useful to someone trying to blow up the donation box?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 12:59:43 AM
> "Hrm. Would they have been useful to someone trying to blow up the donation box?"
> Intrigued she explains "Possibly, their cores are made of gunpowder due to it's magical conductivity"
> "But I doubt Marisa would ever hurt my dolls! They're too cute!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 01:01:07 AM
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "You know about gunpowder?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 12:12:12 PM
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "You know about gunpowder?"
> Alice waves "I use it in my dolls to enhance their magical enchantments and make them more autonomous"
> She explains "It's somewhat like precious gems and metals which conduct magical energy but much lighter and easier to work with"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 01:29:20 PM
> "Does Marisa know about gunpowder?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 02:07:29 PM
> "Does Marisa know about gunpowder?"
> Alice chuckles "Haven't you seen her amazing fireworks shows? They're unlike anything you could make with just danmaku"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 02:14:05 PM
> "Hm. I ask because we found gunpowder was used to make that explosion, and presumably not everyone here tonight is an expert with it or has easy access to it."
> Address Reimu.
> "That Mr. Rinnosuke guy...would he know about gunpowder, or that hatch?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 02:29:47 PM
> "Hm. I ask because we found gunpowder was used to make that explosion, and presumably not everyone here tonight is an expert with it or has easy access to it."
> Address Reimu.
> "That Mr. Rinnosuke guy...would he know about gunpowder, or that hatch?"
> Reimu answers "I don't think he knows about the hatch..."
> Alice chuckles "As for the gunpowder? Let's just say there's a reason no one steals from Rinnosuke"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 02:54:10 PM
> "That hatch is enough to disqualify him from being the culprit."
> Address Alice again.
> "Look, I might as well lay the cards on the table. Based on everything we've found that the culprit would have to know about, they have to be either Marisa or Mima. ...Or Reimu herself, I guess."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 14, 2021, 04:04:29 PM
> "That hatch is enough to disqualify him from being the culprit."
> Address Alice again.
> "Look, I might as well lay the cards on the table. Based on everything we've found that the culprit would have to know about, they have to be either Marisa or Mima. ...Or Reimu herself, I guess."
> Your heart skips a beat with the death glare Reimu gives you upon mentioning her name
> Alice sighs "Look I really don't think Marisa would do something like this to Reimu"
> "A-aren't the two of you like a thing amyways?"
> Your heart skips another beat just seeing the death glare she gave Alice upon mentioning that...

> Somewhat startled she continues "Umm I'd rather blame that ghost than Marisa, she's always scheming you know..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 14, 2021, 04:41:34 PM
> "It could certainly be her instead. I only leaned toward Marisa because she was fooling around near the box when I arrived."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 02:24:40 PM
> "It could certainly be her instead. I only leaned toward Marisa because she was fooling around near the box when I arrived."
> Alice agrees and Reimu rolls her eyes
> The shrine maiden remarks "Well let's just ask both of them then?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 02:50:05 PM
> "Sure, I'm down for that. We could even bring the celestial along."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 03:10:28 PM
> "Sure, I'm down for that. We could even bring the celestial along."
> Alice replies "Sure!"
> Reimu rolls her eyes once more and steps away to find Tenshi, returning shortly after with celestial in hand
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 03:35:34 PM
> Can we see Marisa or Mima from where we are?
> Address Tenshi.
> "Sorry about that. We're good now, though."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 04:14:03 PM
> Can we see Marisa or Mima from where we are?
> No

> Address Tenshi.
> "Sorry about that. We're good now, though."
> The celestial mockingly sticks out her tongue at Reimu and you
> Already annoyed the shrine maiden responds by twisting her arm before leaving for to top of the steps
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 04:55:57 PM
> "Wait, red-white, before you leave."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 04:58:04 PM
> "Wait, red-white, before you leave."
> "Huh?" She turns around
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 05:02:35 PM
> "I'm thinking maybe we should split into two groups. One to talk to Marisa and Mima, and the other to see if they can find those missing dolls Alice mentioned. If nothing else, I worry that going after them with a large group might put them on guard and maybe even make them hostile."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 06:12:42 PM
> "I'm thinking maybe we should split into two groups. One to talk to Marisa and Mima, and the other to see if they can find those missing dolls Alice mentioned. If nothing else, I worry that going after them with a large group might put them on guard and maybe even make them hostile."
> The shrine maiden's mood quickly recovers "Oh why didn't I think of that?"

> She continues "Tenshi, Alice and Youmu you go talk to Marisa and that ghost"
> She points at you "And we'll go look for those dolls~!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 06:22:57 PM
> Nod to Reimu. "You got it, boss."
> Address Youmu: "I suggest letting Alice do the primary talking, kiddo. If things get serious, though, make sure to mention the bowl handle going missing and then being found in an underground hatch not many would know about. Remember, there's a very limited number of people here that would know about those things and about gunpowder and the funny liquid you smelled in that bamboo."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 06:34:24 PM
> Nod to Reimu. "You got it, boss."
> Address Youmu: "I suggest letting Alice do the primary talking, kiddo. If things get serious, though, make sure to mention the bowl handle going missing and then being found in an underground hatch not many would know about. Remember, there's a very limited number of people here that would know about those things and about gunpowder and the funny liquid you smelled in that bamboo."
> Youmu whispers "I'm sure Alice knows Marisa better than any of us" and winks

> Reimu comments "We only have about a third of the night left, so let's move" before grabbing your hand and leading you up the steps
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 06:36:04 PM
> Address Reimu quietly (so Youmu doesn't hear): "Oh my~ I didn't know you cared this much, boss~"
> Grin and give her hand a gentle squeeze in return while following along.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 06:47:09 PM
> Address Reimu quietly (so Youmu doesn't hear): "Oh my~ I didn't know you cared this much, boss~"
> Grin and give her hand a gentle squeeze in return while following along.
> She's already lead you out of their hearing radius
> She whispers back "It's my home you know... I'll have to sleep out in the rain and cold until I can get it rebuilt..."
> With a anxious tone she continues "Not to mention I'm worried what Iris might reveal if we don't solve this... The village elders' patience is already running thin with the Youkai situation out here. Any more slip ups and I might lose all faith!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 06:54:21 PM
> Where do we normally live?
> "No, no, don't worry, I get it. And to be clear, I don't actually think you did this. You're the only one at the party that doesn't have a motive."
> "Also, for what it's worth, you can stay with me if you need to."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 07:09:45 PM
> Where do we normally live?
> After the revolution you built yourself a hut in a peaceful spot near the edge of Gensokyo overlooking an abandoned village.
> However you also have an entire floor to yourself at the Shining Needle Castle which

> "No, no, don't worry, I get it. And to be clear, I don't actually think you did this. You're the only one at the party that doesn't have a motive."
> "Glad to hear that and for the record I don't think you had any part in it even though you're new around here and new Youkai usually cause trouble. Not to mention you have oddly powerful abilities"

> "Also, for what it's worth, you can stay with me if you need to."
> "You have a house?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 07:56:36 PM
> Where are we at this point?
> "I have a couple of places we could stay together for a bit, yeah."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 08:03:29 PM
> Where are we at this point?
> She's leading you off to the side of the yard where she spotted a doll patrolling.

> "I have a couple of places we could stay together for a bit, yeah."
> "That'd be better than staying here until the repairs finish. Though it'll have to be a secret, can't have the village finding out I'm staying at a Youkai's place"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 08:14:13 PM
> "I have something that should work just fine, boss. Part of me was hoping to have the half-ghost over as well if I could swing it, but if that's too much for you, then I can set that aside. I really don't think she'd be a problem, but maybe you know her better."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 08:23:08 PM
> "I have something that should work just fine, boss. Part of me was hoping to have the half-ghost over as well if I could swing it, but if that's too much for you, then I can set that aside. I really don't think she'd be a problem, but maybe you know her better."
> "Youmu? I think she's too busy with her mistress..."
> "How big is it anyways, and how far away?"

> You reach the fence at the end of the yeard and begin walking along it towards the back yard
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 09:13:48 PM
> Look around for any dolls.
> "She is, but I've taken a bit of my shine to her myself, and I think that feeling is mutual. We'll see how things go. And my place is admittedly a bit out of the way...it's off by the border."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 09:20:25 PM
> Look around for any dolls.
> You keep an eye out for dolls as you enter the back yard

> "She is, but I've taken a bit of my shine to her myself, and I think that feeling is mutual. We'll see how things go. And my place is admittedly a bit out of the way...it's off by the border."
> She responds "She's always very polite and eager to help everyone, I don't think I'd be able to have these festivals every month with just Suika."
> Visibly disappointed "Oh it's far...  I think I need to be close by to keep an eye on this Iris incident.  My intuition is telling me so"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 09:22:43 PM
> How far away is the Shining Needle Castle?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 09:29:12 PM
> How far away is the Shining Needle Castle?
> It resides high in the skies above Gensokyo, hidden by enchantments to those below.  In terms of distance it's probably as far away as the Human Village but vertically!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 10:42:50 PM
> "Well, the Shining Needle Castle is a possibility, if you and the Princess don't mind each other's company."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 10:50:44 PM
> "Well, the Shining Needle Castle is a possibility, if you and the Princess don't mind each other's company."
> She laughs "Don't we already live together? Besides she can't really stay at the shrine either"

> You reach the far corner of the fence and turn to head towards the gate leading out the back of the yard
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 11:01:57 PM
>Any dolls in this area?
> "That's true. We'll talk to her about it after everything's taken care of. ...I don't know if this means anything coming from me, but I'm sorry this happened to you."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 11:14:38 PM
>Any dolls in this area?
> As you walk around you look for dolls but don't see any roaming around

> "That's true. We'll talk to her about it after everything's taken care of. ...I don't know if this means anything coming from me, but I'm sorry this happened to you."
> "You're pretty considerate for a Youkai...  It's not the first time this has happened to my shrine though..."

> You're approaching a gate in the fence on your left with a path leading off to a forest behind the shrine
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 11:19:36 PM
> "Well, I wouldn't offer this to just anyone. But you're on the list, so to speak."
> Point at the gate.
> "Should we search around there?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 11:35:32 PM
> "Well, I wouldn't offer this to just anyone. But you're on the list, so to speak."
> Playfully she asks "So you're not just doing this because I'm the Wonderful Shrine Maiden of Paradise?"

> Point at the gate.
> "Should we search around there?"
> She nods opens the gate to investigate
> "Huh!?  I think I found something!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 11:36:34 PM
> "What is it?"
> Investigate!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 15, 2021, 11:46:00 PM
> "What is it?"
> Investigate!
> She responds "I think it's ... a doll?"
> You take a look and find what looks like a pile of various doll parts right behind the gate

> Continuing your previous conversation "Or is it because you think I'm cute?" she laughs
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 15, 2021, 11:47:14 PM
> Shrug with a small grin.
> "Why not both?"
> Have a look at the pile of parts. Anything noteworthy about it?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 12:21:19 AM
> Shrug with a small grin.
> "Why not both?"
> She chuckles "And you as a Youkai have no problems staying with a shrine maiden of all people?"

> Have a look at the pile of parts. Anything noteworthy about it?
> Reimu hops up on the fence to sit while you investigate
> You inspect the doll parts and notice they're all in surprisingly good condition ... as if the doll was carefully dismantled?

> Reimu comments "So what do you think, detective Seija?" and chuckles "Work of some nameless Youkai?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 12:24:22 AM
> Give Reimu a wink.
> "If I can't trust a shrine maiden, who can I trust?"
> Gesture to the pile.
> "And no, probably not. This doll looks like it was taken apart carefully, rather than torn to shreds by some random predator."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 12:59:50 AM
> Give Reimu a wink.
> "If I can't trust a shrine maiden, who can I trust?"
> In playful tone "You know, shrine maidens are supposed to seal powerful Youkai's abilities like yours~!"
> She then slides a red bow shaped ribbon off her hair to show you

> Gesture to the pile.
> "And no, probably not. This doll looks like it was taken apart carefully, rather than torn to shreds by some random predator."
> She asks "But why take the time to dismantle it?  And why bother with the dolls in the first place, they're at most a nuisance and not real threats?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 01:01:13 AM
> Is there any gunpowder in the pile of dollstuffs?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 01:14:58 AM
> Is there any gunpowder in the pile of dollstuffs?
> No, absolutely no trace of it
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 01:18:52 AM
> "Oh my, I guess I better not do anything to make you seal me~"
> Gesture at the pile.
> "Didn't Alice say her dolls had gunpowder in them? Look at this pile. I don't see any trace of it. If someone needed gunpowder, this is certainly one way to get it...for someone that knows they have it."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 01:28:58 AM
> "Oh my, I guess I better not do anything to make you seal me~"
> She slides the ribbon back on her hair and laughs "I think red would look cute on you~!"

> "Didn't Alice say her dolls had gunpowder in them? Look at this pile. I don't see any trace of it. If someone needed gunpowder, this is certainly one way to get it...for someone that knows they have it."
> "Oh!  But that means the culprit didn't necessarily have to know how to make gunpowder..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 01:32:07 AM
> "You do, huh? Well, there's one way to find out~!"
> Grab Reimu from off her perch on the gate and bring her up close to ourselves by holding her in a bridal carry.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 01:48:00 AM
> "You do, huh? Well, there's one way to find out~!"
> Grab Reimu from off her perch on the gate and bring her up close to ourselves by holding her in a bridal carry.
> While your actions surprise Reimu you're more surprised by how light she is!  She must weigh half as much as Youmu who already weighs half as much as you'd expect!
> "Oh my~!  You're bold even for an Oni!"
> She slides the ribbon back off her hair and makes a bow similar to the one behind her head, her eyes sparkling red while working on it...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 01:51:18 AM
> Does she appear to be blushing at all herself?
> Given we were carrying Youmu with one arm, how easily do we think we could carry Reimu with one arm?
> Hold her a little closer so her face is closer to ours.
> "Fortune favors the bold, after all~"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:09:13 AM
> Does she appear to be blushing at all herself?
> A little bit but she's pretty good at hiding it

> Given we were carrying Youmu with one arm, how easily do we think we could carry Reimu with one arm?
> Very easily

> Hold her a little closer so her face is closer to ours.
> "Fortune favors the bold, after all~"
> "Indeed it does~" she laughs
> She finishes working on the ribbon and chuckes "It's cute!  One might think you're an apprentice here~  How do you feel?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:10:37 AM
> What did she do with the ribbon? Did she put it on us somewhere?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:13:54 AM
> What did she do with the ribbon? Did she put it on us somewhere?
> She tied a matching bow ribbon for you like the one she wears over her head!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:14:54 AM
> Wiggle out head a bit, to get used to the feel of the ribbon.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:16:59 AM
> Wiggle out head a bit, to get used to the feel of the ribbon.
> You wiggle your head a bit and feel the shrine maiden's ribbon over your head
> Reimu watches and comments "It matches your dress you know~!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:18:12 AM
> Look down at our dress.
> "Excellent, excellent."
> Look back up at Reimu with a grin.
> "Though I admit I think red looks cuter on you~"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:25:48 AM
> Look down at our dress.
> "Excellent, excellent."
> Look back up at Reimu with a grin.
> "Though I admit I think red looks cuter on you~"
> "They don't call me the red white shrine maiden for nothing~!" she laughs
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:28:31 AM
> "You've definitely got that on me as well~ Thank you for the present!"
> Wiggle our head a little bit more to flap the ribbon some. (Don't bonk Reimu in the face, of course!)
> Then look back down at the doll pile.
> "You do make about the gunpowder, though...unless the culprit only decided last-minute to try this, they'd need to be someone who couldn't make it if they resorted to stealing it from a doll. And this is still only one...there's another one out there."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:33:53 AM
> "You've definitely got that on me as well~ Thank you for the present!"
> "I don't think any shrine maiden in Gensokyo has ever sealed a Youkai so easily~!" she chuckles

> Wiggle our head a little bit more to flap the ribbon some. (Don't bonk Reimu in the face, of course!)
> You wiggle your head once more and feel the ribbon like before with a slight tingling sensation or numbness around that area

> Then look back down at the doll pile.
> "You do make about the gunpowder, though...unless the culprit only decided last-minute to try this, they'd need to be someone who couldn't make it if they resorted to stealing it from a doll. And this is still only one...there's another one out there."
> "So would that discount Marisa since she knows how to make fireworks?" the shrine maiden asks
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:36:43 AM
> How does our magic feel at the moment?
> "It would, if she had time to plan and make some in preparation. I guess that would be enough to shift the suspicion crosshairs to her friend."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:39:29 AM
> How does our magic feel at the moment?
> You certainly feel like you could fly or shoot danmaku

> "It would, if she had time to plan and make some in preparation. I guess that would be enough to shift the suspicion crosshairs to her friend."
> "Or Shinmyoumaru" she reminds you
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:40:48 AM
> How did Shinny's mallet feel when we first ran into her this afternoon/evening?
> "I haven't forgotten the princess, don't worry. But I do doubt her ability to move all that stuff around at her normal size."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:48:14 AM
> How did Shinny's mallet feel when we first ran into her this afternoon/evening?
> The mallet seemed very weak, not letting Shinmyoumaru stay big for very long.

> "I haven't forgotten the princess, don't worry. But I do doubt her ability to move all that stuff around at her normal size."
> "Indeed but she's always trying to find ways to get bigger"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:50:11 AM
> How long does the mallet normally let Shinny stay big for?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:53:46 AM
> How long does the mallet normally let Shinny stay big for?
> During the revolution she could get about a day's worth of bigness out of it for every week it recharged, so you told her to only use it when appearing in public.  However she was terrible at following this rule and frequently used it at home for convenience, much to your annoyance since you promised to help with anything she asked for.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:58:35 AM
> ...Does Shinny know about gunpowder and kerosene?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:06:19 AM
> ...Does Shinny know about gunpowder and kerosene?
> There's certainly a couple books in the Shining Needle Castle's library on gunpowder's chemistry, manufacturing and use in traditional cannons and other primitive firearms.  You've no idea what she spent her time reading though since you were down below busy with the incident.
> As for kerosene you guess she knows as much as Reimu does since they live together.  There's no books that you know of in the library that reference it.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:07:53 AM
> "Yeah, but if I'm not around, that would require..."
> Frown.
> "Did the Princess wander around big today at all? Before I arrived, I mean."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:10:44 AM
> "Yeah, but if I'm not around, that would require..."
> Frown.
> "Did the Princess wander around big today at all? Before I arrived, I mean."
> Reimu shifts around a bit in your arms while she thinks
> "Umm... well she became big at breakfast and lunch since I don't have plates, bowls or chairs for doll-size people"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:11:25 AM
> In what manner is she shifting?
> "And did she go back to being small where you could see her?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:16:19 AM
> In what manner is she shifting?
> Trying to get more comfortable in your arms which are tiring out albeit slower than when you were holding Youmu.

> "And did she go back to being small where you could see her?"
> "At lunch yes but after breakfast she stayed big for a while since we had a human from the village in need of lifting a curse visit"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:18:07 AM
> "...So she could have done it after all. I assume you had your hands full with the curse-lifting and lost track of her? She could have set things up then. That would certainly explain why the mallet was near-empty when I showed up..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:27:18 AM
> "...So she could have done it after all. I assume you had your hands full with the curse-lifting and lost track of her? She could have set things up then. That would certainly explain why the mallet was near-empty when I showed up..."
> "She was helping me with the ritual the entire time though, constantly fetching water from the pond in the back" she explains

> You feel a little more fatigue in your hands
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:28:26 AM
> "With the bowl that had the handle go missing, maybe? ...Though I guess that wouldn't leave her a lot of time to scamper off and do other things..."
> Flip our arms from tired to not-tired, like we did before when holding Youmu.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:31:05 AM
> "With the bowl that had the handle go missing, maybe? ...Though I guess that wouldn't leave her a lot of time to scamper off and do other things..."
> "I believe so but the handle was still there and she put it back right before becoming small again"

> Flip our arms from tired to not-tired, like we did before when holding Youmu.
> Nothing happens
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:33:49 AM
> "So she wouldn't have had extended time being big and out of your sight? That makes it a lot less likely that she's responsible, then."
> "Urk...would you mind undoing the seal for a moment? I need to flip something."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:38:18 AM
> "So she wouldn't have had extended time being big and out of your sight? That makes it a lot less likely that she's responsible, then."
> "Indeed, she was only out of my sight when she was filling the bowl up"

> "Urk...would you mind undoing the seal for a moment? I need to flip something."
> She chuckles "Oh my~!  And what if I don't?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:39:34 AM
> "Things will end poorly for both of us...and I'd rather avoid that..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:42:40 AM
> "Things will end poorly for both of us...and I'd rather avoid that..."
> She smiles "Maybe if you ask nicely...  It's not very polite to refuse gifts you know~"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:45:49 AM
> Grunt a bit from the strain.
> "...Please, boss?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:50:27 AM
> Grunt a bit from the strain.
> "...Please, boss?"
> She smiles and replies "Alright I'll undo the seal, silly Youkai"
> Reimu then undoes the ribbon on your head
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:52:26 AM
> Flip our arms from tired to not-tired before they fall off!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:53:51 AM
> Flip our arms from tired to not-tired before they fall off!
> Your arms are full of energy once more!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:55:50 AM
> "Phew. Thanks, boss."
> Give her a very gentle squeeze on the side. (If we happen to have a hand on her backside, obviously do not squeeze that.)
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:01:18 AM
> "Phew. Thanks, boss."
> Give her a very gentle squeeze on the side. (If we happen to have a hand on her backside, obviously do not squeeze that.)
> "You're welcome~" she laughs while working on remaking the ribbon bow on your hair
> "I think this one came out even better~!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:03:25 AM
> Inwardly sigh.
> Outwardly smile.
> "I'm sure it came out wonderfully, given you have such a talent for them~"
> "Anyway, that still puts us back at Mima, if the Princess couldn't have found the time to do it."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:09:15 AM
> Inwardly sigh.
> Outwardly smile.
> "I'm sure it came out wonderfully, given you have such a talent for them~"
> You mentally roll your eyes
> Playfully she whispers "Oh my, I don't think any other shrine maiden has ever heard such a complement from a Youkai~"

> "Anyway, that still puts us back at Mima, if the Princess couldn't have found the time to do it."
> "So let's meet up with puppeteer, ghost and celestial to see what they found!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:14:31 AM
> "Sure. Do you wish to be carried there, or do you wish to walk there yourself?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:16:37 AM
> "Sure. Do you wish to be carried there, or do you wish to walk there yourself?"
> "If we were alone I wouldn't mind being carried~" she laughs
> "But since there's others here I don't mind the exercise..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:20:31 AM
> "Very well, then. Alley-oop~"
> Gently lower Reimu to the ground, semi-sliding her out of our arms so her feet land solidly on the ground. Make sure to strategically slide her body and our hands so that we run at least one hand along her backside as we let her down~
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:26:00 AM
> "Very well, then. Alley-oop~"
> Gently lower Reimu to the ground, semi-sliding her out of our arms so her feet land solidly on the ground. Make sure to strategically slide her body and our hands so that we run at least one hand along her backside as we let her down~
> You succeed in strategically lowering Reimu to the ground.
> "I imagine they're in the front somewhere"

> Knowledge obtained: Scattered Doll Parts - This doll was found behind the gate in the back yard of the shrine.  Despite it's initial appearance all it's parts are in surprisingly good condition, as if it was carefully dismantled
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:28:22 AM
> Did Reimu react to how we lowered her to the ground at all?
> "Should we bring these doll parts with us, do you think?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:38:55 AM
> Did Reimu react to how we lowered her to the ground at all?
> She seemed to notice but must've thought it was unintentional

> "Should we bring these doll parts with us, do you think?"
> "Might as well" she comments
> She picks up all the doll parts and hides them in her sleeve
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:45:47 AM
> "Ooh, handy storage you got there."
> Peer inside the sleeve she just put the doll parts in.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:50:43 AM
> "Ooh, handy storage you got there."
> "Mhmm.  Jealous~?"

> Peer inside the sleeve she just put the doll parts in.
> You peer inside the sleeve and see a crimson ... void?  You can see a couple slow moving stars cascading across the endless red sky behind them.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 10:09:01 AM
> Can we see her arm inside?
> "Whoa, what...?"
> Try reaching inside.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 01:09:17 PM
> Can we see her arm inside?
Yes it's above the "void"

> "Whoa, what...?"
> Try reaching inside.
> You reach inside and feel nothing?
> Reimu asks "Curious one aren't we?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 01:20:51 PM
> "This isn't exactly something you see every day, boss."
> Can we still see our arm while it's inside?
> Try using our arm that's inside to feel the part of her arm that's inside.
> If we can still see our arm, and we can feel her arm, try going all the way inside. (If we can't see our arm, or if we can't feel her arm, then do not try to climb inside.)
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 01:48:56 PM
> "This isn't exactly something you see every day, boss."
> "Maybe~ And a Youkai with the ability to swap sizes and even 'become' a shrine maiden also isn't something you see every day~"

> Can we still see our arm while it's inside?
> No it seems to disappear past the red void

> Try using our arm that's inside to feel the part of her arm that's inside.
> If we can still see our arm, and we can feel her arm, try going all the way inside. (If we can't see our arm, or if we can't feel her arm, then do not try to climb inside.)
> Her arm is not inside but above it (the void is hidden in like the lower part of her sleeve)
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 01:51:45 PM
> Do we still feel our arm, at least?
> If so, try sticking our head in.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:06:16 PM
> Do we still feel our arm, at least?
> Yeah but you can't feel the sleeve or anything for the matter inside

> If so, try sticking our head in.
> You try sticking your head in and Reimu chuckles "I thought you'd try that sooner or later"
> She holds open her sleeve with her other hand to make it a little easier
> Peering inside you see a room suspiciously similar to the warehouse near the shrine. It's filled with shelves full of equipment for rituals and catering to festivals. You spot the doll parts on a shelf to your left.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:08:28 PM
> "Wow, fascinating..."
> Look behind us while keeping our head in this area. Can we see out of the sleeve, or is the red void behind us now?
> Is there anything within reach that we could grab onto to pull ourselves in further?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:21:10 PM
> "Wow, fascinating..."
> You get no response from Reimu but hear ... Suika instead?
> "Huh, 's anyon' there?" while you hear footsteps approach from the outside

> Look behind us while keeping our head in this area. Can we see out of the sleeve, or is the red void behind us now?
> There's the opaque red void behind you

> Is there anything within reach that we could grab onto to pull ourselves in further?
> Not without risk of knocking things over or off the shelves (which don't look very sturdy)
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:25:47 PM
> Try climbing through further until we're in the warehouse up to our waist, just to see if Reimu does anything about it.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:32:57 PM
> Try climbing through further until we're in the warehouse up to our waist, just to see if Reimu does anything about it.
> You try and climb further in and Reimu politely gives you a tug on your dress
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:37:10 PM
> How much further did we get in?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 02:47:29 PM
> How much further did we get in?
> You managed to get both of your arms in
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 02:56:49 PM
> Aww.
> Slide all the way back out to where Reimu is.
> Pout just a little bit.
> "Really, that quickly? You had every opportunity to let me go through a bunch and then get yourself a good view without me knowing."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:11:29 PM
> Aww.
> Slide all the way back out to where Reimu is.
> You slide back out and find Reimu giggling ... and blushing!

> Pout just a little bit.
> "Really, that quickly? You had every opportunity to let me go through a bunch and then get yourself a good view without me knowing."
> "Who says I didn't accidentally take a peek~?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:13:35 PM
> "Well, if you did, I hope you accidentally enjoyed the view~"
> "Should we get back to the others, then?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:29:32 PM
> "Well, if you did, I hope you accidentally enjoyed the view~"
> She just giggles in return

> "Should we get back to the others, then?"
> The shrine maiden nods then takes your hand and leads you around to the front yard

> As you're walking the oni runs up to Reimu with a panicked look in her face!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:31:23 PM
> Give Reimu's hand a single gentle squeeze along the way.
> Let her handle the oni to begin with.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:34:05 PM
> Give Reimu's hand a single gentle squeeze along the way.
> She returns the gesture

> Let her handle the oni to begin with.
> She waves her arms and shouts "Reimu! Reimu!  There's a ghost haunting th' shrine!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:35:00 PM
> "Oh, sorry, that was just me."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 03:49:34 PM
> "Oh, sorry, that was just me."
> Still panicked "Y-you died and became a g-ghost!?"

> Reimu realizes what she must've seen "Oh I was showing her the magic in my sleeves~... I mean the gaps in them!"
> She laughs "Erm that didn't sound right but anyways you get what I mean!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 03:50:37 PM
> "Yeah. I heard you but didn't really know how to respond given the situation."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:05:30 PM
> "Yeah. I heard you but didn't really know how to respond given the situation."
> "Ahh I see!"

> She notices the ribbon on your head
> "What a cute bow! Did Reimu make that for you?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:06:02 PM
> Nod.
> "She did."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:15:09 PM
> Nod.
> "She did."
> The oni laughs "It almost looks like you work here" before heading back into the warehouse

> Reimu is very happy at being complemented on her work
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:17:19 PM
> "Well, that's only fitting, given everything that's happened today. Nice to have a third party weigh in positively on your work, though, I bet."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 04:43:16 PM
> "Well, that's only fitting, given everything that's happened today. Nice to have a third party weigh in positively on your work, though, I bet."
> She nods cheerfully then leads you to the front yard where you spot Alice talking to Marisa and Youmu with Tenshi talking to the ghost
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 04:48:33 PM
> Is Shinny visible anywhere?
> "Guess it's time to face the music."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 05:04:59 PM
> Is Shinny visible anywhere?
> She's talking with the green haired shrine maiden and Kourindou shopkeeper

> "Guess it's time to face the music."
> Reimu sighs "Who do you want to ask first?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 05:13:25 PM
> "I almost wonder if it's worth talking to them both at the same time."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 05:24:05 PM
> "I almost wonder if it's worth talking to them both at the same time."
> She agrees and beckons both groups over to the big round table where all the cards lie

> "What is it miss red white?" Alice and Marisa ask
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 05:35:56 PM
> Address Alice.
> "We found one of your dolls. It had been taken apart pretty carefully. Disassembled, really."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 05:58:30 PM
> Address Alice.
> "We found one of your dolls. It had been taken apart pretty carefully. Disassembled, really."
> Surprised she comments "Disassembled? No way anyone other than me could disassemble them by hand!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 05:59:00 PM
> Address Reimu.
> "You wanna show her, or should I?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 06:09:07 PM
> Address Reimu.
> "You wanna show her, or should I?"
> She takes out the doll parts and sets them on the table
> Alice walks up and begins inspecting them carefully
> Meanwhile Remilia, Sakuya and the librarian notice your group gathering and approach together with Eirin
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 06:31:37 PM
> "As you give that pile a look, make note of what isn't there as well as what is."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 06:40:21 PM
> "As you give that pile a look, make note of what isn't there as well as what is."
> Alice frowns "It's missing the... gunpowder? Poor thing..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 06:42:27 PM
> "Right. And with how meticulously it was taken apart, it stands to reason that whoever did it, did it for the gunpowder. And, since gunpowder was used to make the box explode, it stands to reason why someone would want it enough to do that to that doll."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 06:54:54 PM
> "Right. And with how meticulously it was taken apart, it stands to reason that whoever did it, did it for the gunpowder. And, since gunpowder was used to make the box explode, it stands to reason why someone would want it enough to do that to that doll."
> Still frowning Alice responds "They must have wanted the gunpowder badly, perhaps they didn't know any other way to get their hands on it..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 07:06:55 PM
> "Right. It would seem that whoever did this knows about gunpowder and how it works, including that your dolls use it, but can't make it themselves."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 07:11:20 PM
> "Right. It would seem that whoever did this knows about gunpowder and how it works, including that your dolls use it, but can't make it themselves."
> The puppeteer explains "Well I'm the only one that can..."
> Knowledge obtained: Gunpowder - Alice claims to be the only one who can make gunpowder in Gensokyo
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 07:17:54 PM
> "Interesting."
> Look around at whoever else is present.
> "Can anyone refute that?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 07:27:45 PM
> "Interesting."
> Look around at whoever else is present.
> "Can anyone refute that?"
> Marisa comments "Well I've found ways to produce gunpowder in small quantities, nothing like Alice can though. Which is why she always helps me with the fireworks displays"
> The librarian comments "I tried to manufacture it some years ago but failed"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 16, 2021, 07:32:49 PM
> Nod.
> "All right, that's good to know."
> Resume general assembly address.
> "So here we have a source of gunpowder. But the box also had traces of a flammable liquid called kerosene, which was almost assuredly used to ignite the gunpowder from a distance. Based on general interactions here tonight, it doesn't seem like too many people in Gensokyo know about both gunpowder and kerosene, never mind how to apply them. But anyone that spends any reasonable amount of time here would have had the chance to learn about it from the shopkeeper, since it's what the red-white uses to fuel her heater."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 16, 2021, 10:42:12 PM
> Nod.
> "All right, that's good to know."
> Resume general assembly address.
> "So here we have a source of gunpowder. But the box also had traces of a flammable liquid called kerosene, which was almost assuredly used to ignite the gunpowder from a distance. Based on general interactions here tonight, it doesn't seem like too many people in Gensokyo know about both gunpowder and kerosene, never mind how to apply them. But anyone that spends any reasonable amount of time here would have had the chance to learn about it from the shopkeeper, since it's what the red-white uses to fuel her heater."
> Remilia says "Well it's simple then!  We just have to make a list of whoever fits those criteria and danmaku them until they admit they did it!"
> Sakuya nods in agreement
> Reimu responds "Have to admint I like the danmaku part of that idea..."
> Marisa anxiously comments "No need to take out your frustration on any of us!"

> Patchouli explains "Remember we only have until sunrise to prove to Iris who the culprit is..."

> Alice asks "So who would check all those boxes?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 12:04:58 AM
> "Perhaps a good number of people, which is why there is just a bit more, thankfully."
> Gesture to Youmu.
> "Our half-ghost friend spotted an object underneath the floorboards of the shrine through a hole caused by the damage. It turned out to be a piece of bamboo, a handle that had been ripped off of one of the red-white's bowls. We traced its location back to a certain part of the shrine and found a hidden hatch into the underground, one I imagine extremely few people know about. It also smelled of kerosene; presumably it was used to help control where the kerosene was poured, given it is sufficiently hollow to serve as a tube."
> "So, on top of everything surrounding the gunpowder and kerosene, the culprit had to have enough experience with this shrine to know about both the bowl handles and, more importantly, the hidden hatch."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 12:44:03 AM
> "Perhaps a good number of people, which is why there is just a bit more, thankfully."
> Gesture to Youmu.
> "Our half-ghost friend spotted an object underneath the floorboards of the shrine through a hole caused by the damage. It turned out to be a piece of bamboo, a handle that had been ripped off of one of the red-white's bowls. We traced its location back to a certain part of the shrine and found a hidden hatch into the underground, one I imagine extremely few people know about. It also smelled of kerosene; presumably it was used to help control where the kerosene was poured, given it is sufficiently hollow to serve as a tube."
> "So, on top of everything surrounding the gunpowder and kerosene, the culprit had to have enough experience with this shrine to know about both the bowl handles and, more importantly, the hidden hatch."
> Patchouli comments "So... someone who knew about the explosive dolls, knew about the kerosene and knew about the Hakurei Shrine's layout?"
> She continues "There's one person with us here tonight that lives with the shrine maiden... If we can prove she knew about the gunpowder then undoubtedly we'll have our culprit..."

> The librarian looks at Shinmyoumaru, who just arrived along with the green haired shrine maiden and shopkeeper after seeing the crowd gather.
> Everyone else turns to look at the little princess disapprovingly...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 12:47:47 AM
> "Honestly, I did wonder myself...but the red-white told me the Princess was only ever a larger size while the red-white was watching her. And I doubt she could have done what needed to be done at her normal size."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 01:44:41 AM
> "Honestly, I did wonder myself...but the red-white told me the Princess was only ever a larger size while the red-white was watching her. And I doubt she could have done what needed to be done at her normal size."
> The librarian comments "You have a point oni..."
> Reimu agrees with you

> Patchouli continues "It would seem to me though that the 'princess' could just grow big outside of Reimu's sight? Or did the shrine maiden 'babysit' her all day?"

> Shinmyoumaru crosses her arms in disapproval upon hearing that
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 01:54:23 AM
> Address Reimu.
> "You can tell them what today was like better than I can."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 02:04:38 AM
> Address Reimu.
> "You can tell them what today was like better than I can."
> Reimu sighs "Well in the morning we had a human visitor from the village in need of lifting a curse and Shinmyoumaru helped me throughout the ritual, leaving her little time to scheme while big.  Additionally throughout the rest of the day she helped some of the decorations for tonight's full moon festival... so you could say I kept an eye on her."

> Remilia shakes her head "So we're back to square one?"
> Patchouli explains "Not quite, we've actually cleared an otherwise obvious suspect of suspicion...  Which is why I brought this up right away, so we can focus on other ... more critical potential culprits..."
> She looks at Marisa, Mima and Reimu

> Reimu gives her an appropriate death glare, making the already weakened librarian visibly wince as her heart likely skipped a few beats...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 02:09:00 AM
> "I thought that too, but the one thing the red-white lacks is motive. At this point, if it was her, she'd have to use the wish to get her house fixed. No sense in going through all this to accomplish nothing."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 02:14:36 AM
> "I thought that too, but the one thing the red-white lacks is motive. At this point, if it was her, she'd have to use the wish to get her house fixed. No sense in going through all this to accomplish nothing."
> The librarian winks "Once again you're spot on, it would be unheard of for a Shrine Maiden to destroy her own home and shrine in hopes of gaining a "favor" from a Youkai she doesn't even know or trust... 
> The green haired shrine maiden who just arrived together with the shopkeeper chimes in "Especially considering this shrine is her only source of faith and legitimacy."

> Reimu is visibly annoyed at all the diminishing comments being thrown her way...

> She now looks at Marisa, Mima and newly present Shopkeeper
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 02:18:20 AM
> We talked to Reimu about the shopkeeper earlier, right? What did we discuss?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 02:19:39 AM
> We talked to Reimu about the shopkeeper earlier, right? What did we discuss?
> He merely supplied the Hakurei Shrine with heater fuel, it's highly unlikely he would've known about the trapdoor.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 02:25:24 AM
> "So, as seemingly unlikely as they are, that leaves two people here."
> Look to Reimu again.
> "Unless you're rethinking the likelihood that the shopkeeper knew about that secret hatch."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 02:32:13 AM
> "So, as seemingly unlikely as they are, that leaves two people here."
> Look to Reimu again.
> "Unless you're rethinking the likelihood that the shopkeeper knew about that secret hatch."
> Reimu takes a moment to think and replies to the librarian "I doubt he knew about the crawlspace, let alone the hatch to access it"
> Surprisingly the shopkeeper speaks up "I can speak for myself you know..."
> He continues "While I did know about the crawlspace and hatch from previous shrine maidens I can assure you someone my age doesn't have the dexterity to take apart a puppet without damaging it.  As miss Alice said, it was taken apart meticulously without compromising the structural integrity of it's parts."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 02:35:31 AM
> Look between Reimu and Alice.
> "I'll trust your judgments on that matter."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 02:44:23 AM
> Look between Reimu and Alice.
> "I'll trust your judgments on that matter."
> Alice states "I have to agree it would be difficult for anyone other than a dollmaker to disassemble these puppets, let alone an older Youkai such as Mr Rinnosuke"
> Reimu has been looking away and avoiding eye contact since the mention of previous shrine maidens...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 02:45:48 AM
> "You okay, red-white?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 02:58:38 AM
> "You okay, red-white?"
> She whispers back "It's nothing really"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 03:01:02 AM
> Nod slightly, then look back to Alice.
> "I'll take your word for it on the matter, then. In that case, there are only two people left."
> How are Marisa and Mima taking the proceedings?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 03:04:51 AM
> Nod slightly, then look back to Alice.
> "I'll take your word for it on the matter, then. In that case, there are only two people left."
> How are Marisa and Mima taking the proceedings?
> Both have crossed their arms in disapproval of what has been going on

> Mima speaks up "Aren't we dismissing the little princess a tad too soon?  Who's to say she didn't set up the whole donation box explosion thing while we we're all busy watching Tenshi and Yuuka battle it out over the courtyard?"
> Everyone seems to nod in agreement except Patchouli upon hearing this
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 03:14:33 AM
> Did that happen after we arrived?
> If so, we were with the Princess at the time?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 03:17:06 AM
> Did that happen after we arrived?
> Yes

> If so, we were with the Princess at the time?
> You were busy experimenting with your abilities and only caught the end of the duel where Tenshi and the flower lady annihilated eachother.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 03:18:44 AM
> Was the Princess part of that, or were we trying it on our own?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 03:21:15 AM
> Was the Princess part of that, or were we trying it on our own?
> She was helping you by providing the mallet's energy ... and motivation!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 03:22:17 AM
> "During that fight specifically? She was with me the whole time."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 03:31:54 AM
> "During that fight specifically? She was with me the whole time."
> Mima responds "Hmph...  I guess we'll have to take your word for it."

> Remilia comments "What if she had help?  I'm sure a princess would be more than capable of commanding her subjects to assist in her plans..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 03:37:02 AM
> "That's possible, but who here might have helped her?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 03:50:36 AM
> "That's possible, but who here might have helped her?"
> Reimu gives your hand a gentle squeeze

> Remilia comments "Well I saw that celestial walk right up to the donation box right before it burst..."
> Mima agrees "Who's to say she didn't ignite the fuse right then and there?"
> Everyone except Shinmyoumaru, Alice and Patchouli seems to stare at Tenshi
> Annoyed she comments "Why would I, a respectable celestial have anything to do with some inchling that happens to live at the Hakurei shrine?"
> She continues "Besides would I be dumb enough to get exploded in the process!?  I'm sure the purple Youkai and ghost princess can attest to what happened to their precious Mahjong game."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 03:53:29 AM
> Return the gentle squeeze.
> "She was also distracted by grabbing at the spring rolls she dropped."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 04:10:03 AM
> Return the gentle squeeze.
> Reimu discretely winks and rubs your hand

> "She was also distracted by grabbing at the spring rolls she dropped."
> After a moment of realization Marisa comments "But what if the spring rolls themselves were what ignited the box?"

> Tenshi: !
> Mima: !
> Remilia: !
> Sakuya: !
> Youmu: !
> Reimu: !
> Shinmyoumaru: !
> Rinnosuke: !
> Patchouli: !

> Patchouli comments "That's an interesting concept, igniting the box by dropping a spark or ember from above..."
> She frowns "I must admit I was too busy trying to figure out how they might've delayed the reaction, or set it off remotely"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 04:18:16 AM
> Did any of them actually fall inside?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 17, 2021, 04:21:31 AM
> Did any of them actually fall inside?
> You believe some might've fallen inside?  It all happened really fast so your memory is not the clearest.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 17, 2021, 02:00:07 PM
> Wrinkle our nose a little bit.
> "I...suppose that's possible? Maybe if they were hot enough to ignite the kerosene...though if they were THAT hot, they wouldn't really be safe to serve to guests, or to be picked up with one's bare hands like the celestial was doing..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 18, 2021, 12:53:55 AM
> Wrinkle our nose a little bit.
> "I...suppose that's possible? Maybe if they were hot enough to ignite the kerosene...though if they were THAT hot, they wouldn't really be safe to serve to guests, or to be picked up with one's bare hands like the celestial was doing..."
> Marisa explains "I guess you're right?"
> Remilia remarks "What if it wasn't the spring rolls themselves but something hidden between them?"

> The librarian comments "That is a possibility..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 18, 2021, 04:01:36 AM
> Blink.
> "...With all due respect, what would that change about the situation?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 18, 2021, 03:15:28 PM
> Blink.
> "...With all due respect, what would that change about the situation?"
> Patchouli remains silent on the matter, likely deep in thought

> The pharmacist comments "A small hot coal hidden between the spring rolls?  That could've ignited immediately on contact with the heater fuel"

> Waving her arms the celestial exclaims "Nonsense!  I'm sure someone saw take the tray from the buffet table immediately and head inside.  I didn't even have time to eat a spring roll let put hot coals in there!"
> Having just arrived the flower Youkai claims "Indeed!  I had also politely asked her to bring me some more tea you see~"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 18, 2021, 03:22:20 PM
> "Well, yes, it could have. But in terms of determining who is responsible, does that possibility make the celestial any more likely to be the culprit, when it doesn't change the fact that she still took the brunt of the explosion?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 18, 2021, 03:57:21 PM
> "Well, yes, it could have. But in terms of determining who is responsible, does that possibility make the celestial any more likely to be the culprit, when it doesn't change the fact that she still took the brunt of the explosion?"
> The flower Youkai continues "I'll let you know celestials are very durable and resistant.... That explosion was quite weak when compared to some of my spells..."

> Tenshi awkwardly agrees upon receiving a death glare from the green haired Youkai

> The shrine maiden slams her hands on the table "We're getting nowhere with this banter..."
> Patchouli agrees "I'd say the only thing we learned that's worth ivestigating is the possibility the box was ignited by throwing or shooting something into it"
> Eirin nods in agreement and asks "Was there anything else found near the donation box?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 18, 2021, 04:01:15 PM
> "Has anyone been at the remains unattended since the explosion? I wanted to check on it but ended up putting fires out instead. One line of flaming kerosene was headed straight to a bottle of Oni Slayer, and that would have ended poorly for everyone."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 18, 2021, 04:42:30 PM
> "Has anyone been at the remains unattended since the explosion? I wanted to check on it but ended up putting fires out instead. One line of flaming kerosene was headed straight to a bottle of Oni Slayer, and that would have ended poorly for everyone."
> Eirin asks "Oni Slayer? Do you think the fuel was spilled intentionally to cause more damage? Because that would mean the culprit had to have been in the shrine previously..."
> Speaking of sake Suika herself decides to show up, likely after hearing alcohol being mentioned. Furthermore seems to be enjoying a glass of the stuff in question.

> The librarian answers your question "I was the first one there I believe"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 18, 2021, 04:48:03 PM
> "Quite possibly. There was a line of fuel that led directly to the barrel of sake."
> "Anyway, let's go take another proper look at the wreckage, shall we?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 02:05:12 AM
> "Quite possibly. There was a line of fuel that led directly to the barrel of sake."
> "Anyway, let's go take another proper look at the wreckage, shall we?"
> Everyone nods and moves on over to where the box once used to lay
> Marisa comments "Well there's not much left of it to investigate is there ze?"
> Youmu sits down on the steps of the shrine
> Patchouli sits down in the same spot you found her investigating the box's remains deep in thought.
> After apparently remembering something she discreetly asks the celestial "Hey Tenshi, can you show me your card?"
> The vampire, her maid and the shopkeeper discuss something quietly
> Eirin shows everyone her reagent bottles "These bottles change colors when certain substances are present and the current set shows the presence of Rinnosuke's heating fuel and gunpowder".
> Intrigued the shopkeeper pulls her aside to ask about how the test fluids work.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 02:07:28 AM
> Give the spot where the box was a look-over.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 02:28:48 AM
> Give the spot where the box was a look-over.
> Nothing but the base of the box is left, the familiar gunpowder smell along with hints of kerosene are ever present.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 02:29:17 AM
> Try lifting the base of the box.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 02:38:01 AM
> Try lifting the base of the box.
> The box crumbles into dust when you try lifting it
> The flower Youkai also pokes at the remains with her umbrella
> Reimu's eye twitches as she looks at you both awkwardly
> Noticing the celestial hesitate the librarian reassures her "Don't worry, I don't need to see what's on it" after which Tenshi pulls out a blank card and quickly puts it away, prompting a slight smirk from Patchouli.
> Alice summons one of her dolls and holds it over the donation box "It wouldn't be difficult to hide even a whole doll in here, the box is so big and usually empty"
> Reimu 'accidentally' steps on her foot, prompting a small yelp from the pupeteer.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 02:42:02 PM
> "Yeah, uh, there's...not a lot left here to investigate, I don't think..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 05:35:10 PM
> "Yeah, uh, there's...not a lot left here to investigate, I don't think..."
> Everyone nods with a disappointed look
> Reimu looks up at the sky worried, noticing the night is nearing it's end...
> Still smirking Patchouli walks away over to the big round table to have a seat
> The flower Youkai wipes the tip of her umbrella clean and asks "Perhaps there's more to learn from what we've already found?"
> Youmu agrees "Like we know the doll was disassembled carefully, how could one do that?"
> Alice explains "It would have to be done magically since there's no seams to work from"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 05:53:35 PM
> Do we know what would happen if we flipped sizes with something large so we became large, took something into ourselves, and then flipped sizes back to our original size?

> Look to Patchouli.
> "Everything okay there?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 07:03:13 PM
> Do we know what would happen if we flipped sizes with something large so we became large, took something into ourselves, and then flipped sizes back to our original size?
> You assume nothing interesting would happen since you didn't invest any magic into it in the first place, thus there would be nothing to reclaim.

> Look to Patchouli.
> "Everything okay there?"
> She beckons you over to the table

> Responding to Alice the maid asks "So like someone profficient in spatial magic?"
> Youmu chimes in "What if someone were to make the doll gigantic? Would that make possible to disassmble by hand?"
> Alice looks a little taken aback when she mentions gigantic
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 07:06:18 PM
> In that hypothetical situation, do we know what would happen to the object inside of us?

> Head over to Patchouli.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 07:41:45 PM
> In that hypothetical situation, do we know what would happen to the object inside of us?
> It would stay the same size you assume, it might even create a linked weak point meaning you'd have to expend more magic shrink it in order to undo the other swap

> Head over to Patchouli.
> As you approach she complements your ribbon before whispering "I think I now have a pretty good idea of who's behind this incident..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 07:52:24 PM
> That sounds potentially terrifying...we should find a way to test that safely, if we can.
> Whisper in return. "What're you thinking?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 08:17:00 PM
> That sounds potentially terrifinyg...we should find a way to test that safely, if we can.
> Since the weak points would link up you'd end up undoing your current swap, regaining it's energy then expending it in shriking the object inside of you.

> Whisper in return. "What're you thinking?"
> "Well...  I hope it doesn't sound rude but I'd rather not explain yet.  Because I'd like you all to keep investigating for yourselves with an open mind..."
> She explains "People look at facts differently when they already have a suspect in mind you see."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 08:19:26 PM
> That's assuming we're sure the weak points would like up. If they don't, then...
> Nod.
> "That's reasonable. Do you think any assertions that have been made so far are false? It would be worth revisiting them if so."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 08:39:57 PM
> That's assuming we're sure the weak points would like up. If they don't, then...
> You guess it depends on how much faith you have in your abilities...
> But hey maybe the princess can resurrect ghost Amanojaku?

> Nod.
> "That's reasonable. Do you think any assertions that have been made so far are false? It would be worth revisiting them if so."
> "No I believe we've done good work so far!  It's just a matter of piecing even the subtlest of clues together..."
> She gets up to leave before pausing to ask "Hey, ever found out who that spell card you found after speaking to Eirin belonged to?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 08:50:20 PM
> "I don't think so. I slapped it on the table and then wandered off to go check on the Princess. Haven't been back to it, since it isn't me. Why, did it give you information instead of setting itself on fire?"
> Take a look at our card again. Does it have any further information on it, or is it still just our name, judgments of out height and weight, and a whole bunch of blank space? (Don't show Patchouli.)
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 10:08:07 PM
> "I don't think so. I slapped it on the table and then wandered off to go check on the Princess. Haven't been back to it, since it isn't me. Why, did it give you information instead of setting itself on fire?"
> She smirks "No, but the presence of Tenshi's card tells a lot.  Given you returned the card you found to the table..."

> Take a look at our card again. Does it have any further information on it, or is it still just our name, judgments of out height and weight, and a whole bunch of blank space? (Don't show Patchouli.)

> You hold the card discreetly in one hand to take a peek at it:
Code: [Select]
> Seija Kijin - ???

> Species: ???
> Height: Fairly Short
> Weight: Fairly Light

> Physical
>> Strength: ???
>> Vitality: ???
>> Dexterity: ???

> Spiritual
>> Perception: ???
>> Charisma: ???
>> Loyalty: ???
>> Ego: ???

>> Extra: ???
> As far as you can tell that looks the same

Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 10:13:50 PM
> Look over at the table. Are there any cards still there?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 10:20:06 PM
> Look over at the table. Are there any cards still there?
> There are plenty of cards on the table
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 10:22:36 PM
> Can we tell which card is the one the suspect potentially dropped (that we picked up and slapped on the table)?
> "...It might be worth gathering everyone around the table and asking them to produce their cards."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 10:23:40 PM
> Can we tell which card is the one the suspect potentially dropped (that we picked up and slapped on the table)?
> Yes you believe it's the one near the edge of the table

> "...It might be worth gathering everyone around the table and asking them to produce their cards."
> She laughs "Good luck with that..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 10:29:41 PM
> "You have yours, I assume?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 10:30:33 PM
> "You have yours, I assume?"
> "Of course" she quickly shows you the blank card before putting it away again
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 10:39:21 PM
> Nod.
> Look back at the table.
> "Well...someone's gotta be running around without their card..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 10:40:01 PM
> Nod.
> Look back at the table.
> "Well...someone's gotta be running around without their card..."
> She smirks "Unless it's just one of the extras"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 10:41:16 PM
> Where did we find that card, again?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 10:42:26 PM
> Where did we find that card, again?
> After talking to the pharmacist about the unknown substance Patchouli asked you if the card next to the remains was yours
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 10:44:45 PM
> "How would it have gotten where it was if it was an extra card, though?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 19, 2021, 10:47:39 PM
> "How would it have gotten where it was if it was an extra card, though?"
> She smiles and whispers "Now you're thinking what I'm thinking" before leaving to go inside the shrine
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 19, 2021, 11:14:16 PM
> Look around. Who is nearby?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 12:57:08 AM
> Look around. Who is nearby?
> You spot Reimu, Marisa, Shinmyoumaru, Youmu, Sakuya, Remilia, Patchouli, Rinnosuke, the flower Youkai, Mima, the celestial, the green haired shrine maiden, the pharmacist, the pink lady that accompanies her, Lady Yuyuko and miss Yukari
> You assume there might be others inside
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 12:59:56 AM
> What is Shinmyoumaru up to?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 02:06:22 AM
> She's sitting over by miss Yukari and Lady Yuyuko
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 02:06:59 AM
> Call out to her: "Hey, Princess."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 02:15:10 AM
> Call out to her: "Hey, Princess."
> She smiles and beckons you over
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 02:16:54 AM
> Frown slightly.
> Glance down at the card we picked up from the box wreckage earlier.
> Get up and head toward Shinmyoumaru, glancing back every so often to make sure the card is still there.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 02:21:12 AM
> Frown slightly.
> Glance down at the card we picked up from the box wreckage earlier.
> "...It might be worth gathering everyone around the table and asking them to produce their cards."
> The card doesn't seem to be willing to reveal any of it's secrets, remaining blank every time you glance at it
> Shinmyoumaru notices you glancing at the card and gets up to meet you halfway where she whispers "What is it Seija?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 02:22:18 AM
> Take on an equally quiet tone.
> "You still have your card, right?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 02:26:28 AM
> Take on an equally quiet tone.
> "You still have your card, right?"
> She reassures you before showing you the card in question
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 02:27:23 AM
> Nod to her, then nod slightly toward the card we've been keeping an eye on.
> "That card over there? We've got real good reason to believe it belongs to whoever's responsible for that explosion."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 02:37:57 AM
> Nod to her, then nod slightly toward the card we've been keeping an eye on.
> "That card over there? We've got real good reason to believe it belongs to whoever's responsible for that explosion."
> She's quite intrigued "Really!?  When did you find that out?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 02:41:31 AM
> "The librarian got me thinking about it. She found it near the remains of the box."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 02:57:19 AM
> "The librarian got me thinking about it. She found it near the remains of the box."
> Shinmyoumaru asks "Oh?  Anyways we've been discussing about Iris... well mostly Lady Yuyuko and Miss Yukari.  One of miss Yukari's theories is that Iris might be a manifestation of the Hakurei God..."
> She continues "Potentially driven to extinction by dwindling faith this is their desperate attempt to reinstate fear between Humans and Youkai, thus forcing their reliance on the Hakurei Maidens..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 03:05:00 AM
> "Huh. I...guess that's possible. No reason to think it definitely isn't at least."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 03:06:59 AM
> "Huh. I...guess that's possible. No reason to think it definitely isn't at least."
> Shinmyoumaru frownn "It would explain her near supernatural awareness... and maybe how she got the info in the cards?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 03:12:43 AM
> Glance back at the card to make sure it's still there.
> "For most everyone else, at least."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 03:17:13 AM
> Glance back at the card to make sure it's still there.
> No one is showing any interest in the card or even seem to be aware of it.

> "For most everyone else, at least."
> "Ahh yes, your card is mostly blank if I remember...  that's so weird?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 10:43:05 AM
> "Hey, works for me. But in the immediate, we need to find out who belongs that one card over there."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 03:47:34 PM
> "Hey, works for me. But in the immediate, we need to find out who belongs that one card over there."
> Shinmyoumaru is thinks for a moment
> "It would seem difficult at first since the cards don't light up to anyone but their owner but we can use that to our advantage!. If the card stays blank then we know that person is definately not responsible! And since evreyone wants to prove their innocence...
> She smirks "We should have no problem motivating them to hold the card..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 03:49:27 PM
> Nod.
> "They can also show us their card if it's on their person. They don't even have to show us the details."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 03:52:06 PM
> Nod.
> "They can also show us their card if it's on their person. They don't even have to show us the details."
> She smiles "They might not want to show their own card, but we can 'dare' them to try holding the blank card you found, after all what do they have to lose if the card's not theirs~"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 04:19:57 PM
> "Hmm...let's try something real quick, to make sure that's actually feasible."
> Head back to the table, pick up the card we found near the box, and then toss it onto the ground.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 04:25:43 PM
> "Hmm...let's try something real quick, to make sure that's actually feasible."
> Head back to the table, pick up the card we found near the box, and then toss it onto the ground.
> The princess follows you back to the table where you pick up a card and toss it into the ground next to the table
> The card remains blank, it's secrets shall remain a mystery for now...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 04:26:39 PM
> Double-check; the card isn't lighting itself on fire?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 04:28:06 PM
> Double-check; the card isn't lighting itself on fire?
> Nothing is glowing on it
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 04:28:30 PM
> "Hm. Guess this could work, then. Who do you think we should start with?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 20, 2021, 04:33:01 PM
> "Hm. Guess this could work, then. Who do you think we should start with?"
> She explains "Let's start with the easiest and most willing like Reimu, the librarian, Sakuya, the vampire and pharmacist. I doubt any of them would object"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 20, 2021, 07:01:38 PM
> Who of that list is currently present?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 21, 2021, 12:10:36 AM
> Who of that list is currently present?
> Everyone on that list is present
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 21, 2021, 03:25:25 AM
> "All right. Let's get to this."
> Go around the remaining people gathered, picking up and tossing the card as needed to get it to come with us, and ask them each to hold the card for us.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 21, 2021, 06:04:53 AM
> "All right. Let's get to this."
> Go around the remaining people gathered, picking up and tossing the card as needed to get it to come with us, and ask them each to hold the card for us.
> As soon as you touch the card some distance away from the table the familiar five flames begin glowing on it
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 21, 2021, 01:29:54 PM
> All five of them flared up at the same time?
> Have these flames being counting up or down to denote time is running out?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 21, 2021, 02:27:57 PM
> All five of them flared up at the same time?
> Yes they all started glowing simultaneously

> Have these flames being counting up or down to denote time is running out?
> As far as you know the flames disappear one by one and the card ignites once the last one is gone
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 21, 2021, 03:10:34 PM
> Frown.
> Toss the card toward the table.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 21, 2021, 03:21:46 PM
> Frown.
> Toss the card toward the table.
> You grab the card, toss it towards the table and the flames all vanish...
> Shinmyoumaru asks "Maybe we should ask them to come to the table? Iris seems adamant about not letting us take the cards"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 21, 2021, 04:26:38 PM
> "We could, but there's gotta be a more efficient way of doing this than that..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 21, 2021, 05:11:46 PM
> "We could, but there's gotta be a more efficient way of doing this than that..."
> Shinmyoumaru takes the bowl lid out of her sleeve and sets the card on it.  She then tries leaving with the card but those five damn flames reappear...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 21, 2021, 05:29:22 PM
> "Shoot. 'Twas a good idea, at least."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 21, 2021, 05:40:27 PM
> "Shoot. 'Twas a good idea, at least."
> With a disappointed look she returns the card to the table
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 22, 2021, 03:38:34 AM
> "...Actually, I think we can do this more efficiently"
> Carry the card back to the table and put it down there.
> "Can you fetch me the shopkeeper?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 22, 2021, 06:04:34 AM
> "...Actually, I think we can do this more efficiently"
> Carry the card back to the table and put it down there.
> "Can you fetch me the shopkeeper?"
> A little puzzled she comments "Hmm the shopkeeper? I'll go look for him"
> After a moment or two she returns with Mr. Rinnosuke
> He asks "Can I help you miss... ?" before pausing likely because he doesn't know your name
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 22, 2021, 03:32:10 PM
> "Seija Kijin."
> Gesture to the card on the table.
> "I wanted to double-check: Do you have your card?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 22, 2021, 03:56:58 PM
> "Seija Kijin."
> He nods

> Gesture to the card on the table.
> "I wanted to double-check: Do you have your card?"
> "Why yes of course!"
> He pulls out a blank card from one of his pockets before putting it away again
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 22, 2021, 06:49:07 PM
> Pick up the unknown card and offer it to him.
> "Good. Would you mind holding this for a moment, then?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 22, 2021, 07:37:25 PM
> Pick up the unknown card and offer it to him.
> "Good. Would you mind holding this for a moment, then?"
> He picks up the card and inspects it closely
> "I don't see anything special about this spell card?" he remarks and shows you the blank card
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 22, 2021, 11:08:16 PM
> Did he show us both sides?
> Has he held it long enough that it would reveal its information?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 23, 2021, 01:25:34 AM
> Did he show us both sides?
> Not intentionally but you have clearly seen both sides

> Has he held it long enough that it would reveal its information?
> The shopkeeper has been inspecting it for a while, genuinely curious as to what it's about
> He inquires "What is special about this spell card? Do you want me to use my abilities to try and identify it?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 23, 2021, 03:32:03 AM
> "Would that tell you who it belongs to?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 23, 2021, 07:29:35 PM
> "Would that tell you who it belongs to?"
> He shakes his head "My ability is to identify the use and purpose of any item"
> With a slghtly diabolical smile he adjusts his glasses "And it's price"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 24, 2021, 11:02:52 PM
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "These things have prices?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 25, 2021, 12:27:38 AM
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "These things have prices?"
> He chuckles "Everything has a price silly!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 26, 2021, 12:00:17 AM
Fitting, given Ted DiBiase has been on television recently in a meaningful capacity.

> Shake our head.
> "Nah, I don't think I need that info. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't yours. I'll take it back."
> Hold out a hand to take the card back.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 26, 2021, 12:13:11 AM
> Shake our head.
> "Nah, I don't think I need that info. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't yours. I'll take it back."
> A little disappointed he sighs

> Hold out a hand to take the card back.
> After having one last good look at the card he drops it onto your hand
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 26, 2021, 06:16:12 PM
> Put the card back on the table.
> "Sorry, bro. But at least now we can be sure you aren't the one responsible."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 27, 2021, 02:17:33 AM
> Put the card back on the table.
> "Sorry, bro. But at least now we can be sure you aren't the one responsible."
> Confused he looks at you oddly and asks "What do you mean?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 27, 2021, 03:25:28 AM
> "We found that card next to the box after it exploded."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 27, 2021, 05:46:41 PM
> "We found that card next to the box after it exploded."
> "Ah so you think whoever's responsible must've dropped it?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 28, 2021, 12:57:34 AM
> "It wasn't doing its anti-theft thing at the time, and it was too far away from the table to have just blown there."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 28, 2021, 03:15:43 AM
> "It wasn't doing its anti-theft thing at the time, and it was too far away from the table to have just blown there."
> Curious he asks "Anti-theft thing?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 28, 2021, 05:01:39 AM
> Curious he asks "Anti-theft thing?"

> " Whenever someone who is not the owner holds,even by a proxy, holds 1 of these "special spellcards" ,5 flames appears on it as a warning signal to drop it or else a countdown of 1 flame disappearing about every 2 seconds starsa until none are left and...a powerful burst of flames results,it has already been tested and harm was barely but thankfully avoided .. ".

> " ...it is surely consistent with Iris' warning to not try and steal the "special spellcards",is it not? "

> If Patchouli requested or otherwise expressed to keep secret ,or to reveal it at her leisure,omit this part :"However the true discovery is...this design is actually stealthily copied and applied from an anti-theft project by the librarian at her library here for her books, and in fact she is the 1 who made the original discovery and explanation ."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 28, 2021, 09:14:50 PM
> " Whenever someone who is not the owner holds,even by a proxy, holds 1 of these "special spellcards" ,5 flames appears on it as a warning signal to drop it or else a countdown of 1 flame disappearing about every 2 seconds starsa until none are left and...a powerful burst of flames results,it has already been tested and harm was barely but thankfully avoided .. ".

> " ...it is surely consistent with Iris' warning to not try and steal the "special spellcards",is it not? "

> If Patchouli requested or otherwise expressed to keep secret ,or to reveal it at her leisure,omit this part :"However the true discovery is...this design is actually stealthily copied and applied from an anti-theft project by the librarian at her library here for her books, and in fact she is the 1 who made the original discovery and explanation ."
> (You omit the bit about Patchouli's designs since you haven't seen or heard her mention it to anyone else)

> Intrigued he comments "An interesting choice of anti-theft charm by Iris..."

> He looks at the cards again in thought "Though that brings up another interesting possibility then..."
> Picking up a random card he explains "What if the card intentionally doesn't belong to the culprit because of the Anti theft charm?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 28, 2021, 09:21:30 PM
> "That might be possible. But with how far away it was from the table, I imagine the anti-theft would have kicked in if it wasn't carried there by its owner."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 28, 2021, 09:33:27 PM
> "That might be possible. But with how far away it was from the table, I imagine the anti-theft would have kicked in if it wasn't carried there by its owner."
> He asks "How long does it take for a card to ignite?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 28, 2021, 10:24:11 PM
> Give a rough distance estimate based on what our studies have shown us.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 29, 2021, 05:43:34 AM
> Give a rough distance estimate based on what our studies have shown us.
> You show him a distance of roughly 4 gensokyan feet

> He nods but asks "Sorry I meant how long of a delay is there?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 29, 2021, 09:47:08 AM
> "Have a look for yourself."
> Toss the card outside the safety radius.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 29, 2021, 06:52:28 PM
> "Have a look for yourself."
> Toss the card outside the safety radius.
> You toss the card outside of the radius and shortly after 5 glowing flames appear on it.

> The shopkeeper starts counting
> "One... Two... Three..."
> The first flame disappears
> "Four... Five... Six..."
> Another disappears
> "Seven... Eight... ⑨..."

// OOC Info: Measurement units in Gensokyo might not correspond to outside world units even if they share names
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 29, 2021, 07:34:05 PM
> Dash back over to the card, grab it, and bring it back in the safety radius
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 29, 2021, 07:38:02 PM
> Dash back over to the card, grab it, and bring it back in the safety radius
> The next flame disappears
> "Ten..."
> You grab the card and return it to the table

> Rinnosuke comments "Fifteen seconds seems about right?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 29, 2021, 10:15:42 PM
> "That seems reasonable to me. And it hadn't kicked in until I picked it up after we found it."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 29, 2021, 10:48:25 PM
> "That seems reasonable to me. And it hadn't kicked in until I picked it up after we found it."
> After some thinking he remarks "Maybe it only activates once for every time it's picked up?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 30, 2021, 05:01:49 PM
> "Maybe, though it appears more table-proximity-based than just that. Basically, the only time I've seen a card not flare up after it got a certain distance away from the table is when it was in its owner's possession. This is what's making me thing the owner dropped it near the box; it would make sense that the card wouldn't flare up if it was most recent in its owner's possession, as long as it didn't come into anyone else's possession."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 30, 2021, 05:10:50 PM
> "Maybe, though it appears more table-proximity-based than just that. Basically, the only time I've seen a card not flare up after it got a certain distance away from the table is when it was in its owner's possession. This is what's making me thing the owner dropped it near the box; it would make sense that the card wouldn't flare up if it was most recent in its owner's possession, as long as it didn't come into anyone else's possession."
> He responds "Perhaps it only flares up for a short moment then goes back to being blank?"
> Shinmyoumaru joins in "He has a point, wouldn't it eventually run out of energy and need to recharge?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 30, 2021, 05:52:39 PM
> "I mean, I don't really want to risk destroying someone's card here just to test these ideas out..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 30, 2021, 10:13:08 PM
> "I mean, I don't really want to risk destroying someone's card here just to test these ideas out..."
> Understandably he nods "You have a point there"
> Shinmyoumaru remarks "I think what Mr. Rinnosuke is suggesting is that the culprit used that card we found to ignite the box...  I can't really think of anything else here that could've been used to do that stealthily and with plenty of delay"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 30, 2021, 10:23:22 PM
> "That's certainly possible. And it would lend further credence to the theory that it belongs to the culprit, because I don't know why it would not have been lit when I found it otherwise."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 30, 2021, 10:26:12 PM
> "That's certainly possible. And it would lend further credence to the theory that it belongs to the culprit, because I don't know why it would not have been lit when I found it otherwise."
> Shinmyoumaru responds "Maybe it just ran out of energy?  I can't imagine it staying lit forever, besides how would you ever be able to return it to the table that way?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 30, 2021, 10:33:01 PM
> "It still had juice when I picked it up, though."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 30, 2021, 10:39:27 PM
> "It still had juice when I picked it up, though."
> She looks at the card "It could've recharged since it wasn't lit at the time?"
> Rinnosuke adds "Well that would depend on the enchantment, unfortuntately we don't know anything about Iris' card design..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 30, 2021, 11:16:16 PM
> "Mmm, maybe...though it would then have to be a card belonging to someone that's not here. If it belongs to someone that is here, then it'd have to be the culprit, I imagine."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 12:00:36 AM
> "Mmm, maybe...though it would then have to be a card belonging to someone that's not here. If it belongs to someone that is here, then it'd have to be the culprit, I imagine."
> Everyone agrees
> Sakuya comments "So if it was used to ignite the box it cannot have belonged to someone here"
> Remilia continues "But if it does belong to someone here it means the culprit must've used something else to ignite the box"
> Rinnosuke adds "Though I cannot see any alternatives that would be as stealthy or delayed..."

> Patchouli arrives, immediately inquiring "That brings the question, who knew about the cards 'volatile' nature?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 12:53:25 AM
> When did we discover that ourselves?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 01:39:50 AM
> Shinmyoumaru discovered it while you were hiding in her robes (she also later told you about it)
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 01:57:48 AM
> "That depends. Princess, didn't you discover it first? Or did someone beat you to it?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:00:48 AM
> "That depends. Princess, didn't you discover it first? Or did someone beat you to it?"
> She hesitantly nods
> Patchouli agrees "Unless others visited the table after we left our group would be the only ones who knew of the card security charm..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 02:03:51 AM
> "Honestly might be easier to just ask the others on the list we narrowed down earlier, then. I still think this'll be a lot easier if it turn out it belongs to one of them."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:05:58 AM
> "Honestly might be easier to just ask the others on the list we narrowed down earlier, then. I still think this'll be a lot easier if it turn out it belongs to one of them."
> Patchouli asks "Well who on that list was also present at the table when we made the initial discovery?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 02:07:45 AM
> Shrug.
> "Beats me. I wasn't there."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:11:25 AM
> Shrug.
> "Beats me. I wasn't there."
> Shinmyoumaru fills in "Well miss Patchouli was obviously there along with Sakuya who quickly stepped in when the card almost ignited.  Remilia was also watching and after all the commotion miss Marisa, miss Mima and Lady Yuuka showed up!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 02:12:42 AM
> "Sounds like that list includes my two main suspects."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:14:27 AM
> "Sounds like that list includes my two main suspects."
> The librarian agrees "Shall we call them over then?"
> No one else objects
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 02:15:05 AM
> Nod.
> "Go for it."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:17:20 AM
> Nod.
> "Go for it."
> The librarian and maid leave to go find the witch and ghost, who are inside the shrine speaking with Mokou and the pharmacist's short pink friend

> A few moments later they return along with Marisa and Mima
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 02:23:26 AM
> Hold the unknown card out to them.
> "Quick question. You both got your cards?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:42:58 AM
> Hold the unknown card out to them.
> "Quick question. You both got your cards?"
> Marisa pulls our her card as if casting a spell! "Sure thing ze!"
> Mima holds out her hand with the card floating and rotating slowly over it "Is this what you called us over for?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 02:52:31 AM
> Can we see writings on the two cards?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:53:57 AM
> Can we see writings on the two cards?
> Unfortunately they both put the cards away too quickly for you to see any writing
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 02:56:37 AM
> Nod.
> Offer the card to Marisa.
> "Here. Take this, and try taking a few steps away from this table."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 02:59:26 AM
> Nod.
> Offer the card to Marisa.
> "Here. Take this, and try taking a few steps away from this table."
> With no objections and a confident smirk she grabs the card from your hand and takes a few steps away from the table
> "That's all ze?"

> She hasn't noticed 5 glowing flames appearing on the card she's waving about
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 03:00:23 AM
> "Yup, that's good. You can bring it back now."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 03:01:57 AM
> "Yup, that's good. You can bring it back now."
> She brings it back and plops it into your hand with the four remaining flames fading away shortly after
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 03:02:46 AM
> Offer it to Mima next.
> "Can you do the same?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 03:08:30 AM
> Offer it to Mima next.
> "Can you do the same?"
> She waves dismissively and levitates the card over her palm while floating away from the table
> The ghost remarks "Trivial..."

> The card remains blank
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 03:10:05 AM
> Wait for her to get outside the radius that we previously determined was the safe radius.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 03:10:56 AM
> Wait for her to get outside the radius that we previously determined was the safe radius.
> She's already at about the same distance Marisa was
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 03:12:43 AM
> Frown a bit.
> "A little more?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 03:13:45 AM
> Frown a bit.
> "A little more?"
> She floats away some more, blinking expectantly at you
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 03:14:23 AM
> And the card still shows no sign of flaring up?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 03:15:21 AM
> And the card still shows no sign of flaring up?
> The card looks perfectly normal
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 03:16:03 AM
> Frown a bit more.
> "Well, that's interesting. It's not lighting up."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 03:18:55 AM
> Frown a bit more.
> "Well, that's interesting. It's not lighting up."
> The ghost shrugs and twirls the card over her hand
> Marisa comments "Lighting up?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 03:20:03 AM
> Look around to the others.
> "Everyone else is seeing this, right? It's not just me?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 06:12:32 AM
> Look around to the others.
> "Everyone else is seeing this, right? It's not just me?"
> Everyone nods and the ghost lady returns to the table
> She shrugs "It's not like the card I picked earlier shows anything either"

> That statent seems to have piqued the librarian's interest "May we see what you mean?"
> She floats the card she showed you previously in her other hand, it too remaining blank...
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 11:41:47 AM
> "...This may be a silly question, but...have you tried actually physically touching them?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 04:23:35 PM
> "...This may be a silly question, but...have you tried actually physically touching them?"
> She smirks "This may also be a silly question but... have you tried actually physically touching a ghost?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 06:31:20 PM
> "So you're saying you can't touch them?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 09:15:10 PM
> "So you're saying you can't touch them?"
> "Ghosts can't touch anything silly"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 10:28:57 PM
> Can we see that both sides of both of Mima's cards are blank?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 11:06:54 PM
> Can we see that both sides of both of Mima's cards are blank?
> It's slowly rotating around itself over her palm so yes
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on August 31, 2021, 11:24:20 PM
> "Then how do you know that first card you had is yours?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on August 31, 2021, 11:36:49 PM
> "Then how do you know that first card you had is yours?"
> She laughs "I don't~!"
> The ghost explains "Everyone else got one though, so why not take one too?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 01, 2021, 03:42:41 AM
> "The one you just took from the table, then...would you mind dropping it to the ground?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on September 01, 2021, 06:15:59 AM
> "The one you just took from the table, then...would you mind dropping it to the ground?"
> She lets the card fall to the ground, it remains blank like it was before
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 02, 2021, 02:52:01 AM
> Wonder aloud to no one in particular.
> "...Why is it not going off...?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on September 02, 2021, 07:49:46 PM
> Wonder aloud to no one in particular.
> "...Why is it not going off...?"
> Patchouli comments "My theory is that the doesn't recognize telekinesis so as far it's concerned it hasn't been held by someone other than it's owner"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 03, 2021, 03:23:29 AM
> "...I guess that would make it impossible for someone who can't touch the cards to activate the security mechanism, which would in turn mean they couldn't have used this card to light the explosives."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on September 03, 2021, 07:30:59 PM
> "...I guess that would make it impossible for someone who can't touch the cards to activate the security mechanism, which would in turn mean they couldn't have used this card to light the explosives."
> Patchouli shakes her head "Not so fast, we're not letting her off the hook just yet..."
> Shinmyoumaru agrees "Indeed!  What's preventing her from just tapping the card on someone else to activate it?"
> Sakuya adds "Or setting it on a ledge so as to fall with the slightest disturbance by someone nearby?"
> Patchouli continues "Tenshi... Do you remember seeing a card lying ontop of the donation box?"
> Tenshi raises her hands "I don't, I was too busy carrying a tray full of food to care about some dumb box"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 05, 2021, 01:07:17 AM
> Patchouli shakes her head "Not so fast, we're not letting her off the hook just yet..."
> Shinmyoumaru agrees "Indeed!  What's preventing her from just tapping the card on someone else to activate it?"
> Sakuya adds "Or setting it on a ledge so as to fall with the slightest disturbance by someone nearby?"
> Patchouli continues "Tenshi... Do you remember seeing a card lying ontop of the donation box?"
> Tenshi raises her hands "I don't, I was too busy carrying a tray full of food to care about some dumb box"

> Try to recall : around that moment or reasonably close by ,did we see for ourselves a card lying on top of the donation box or someone besides Tenshi quite close to it or on the way to be ?

> Same General Appeal to the present ones and if they have noticed someone else of the absent ones nearby the Donation Box around that Specific Time , except for Tenshi in both cases.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on September 05, 2021, 06:29:25 PM
> Try to recall : around that moment or reasonably close by ,did we see for ourselves a card lying on top of the donation box or someone besides Tenshi quite close to it or on the way to be ?
> You do not remember, your attention wasn't on the box

> Same General Appeal to the present ones and if they have noticed someone else of the absent ones nearby the Donation Box around that Specific Time , except for Tenshi in both cases.
> You ask if anyone saw someone approach the box at the time however everyone's attention was elsewhere until after the fact.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on September 05, 2021, 07:36:49 PM
> You do not remember, your attention wasn't on the box
> You ask if anyone saw someone approach the box at the time however everyone's attention was elsewhere until after the fact.
> How close is it to morning?

> "Well then, it seems we are at a stalemate."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on September 06, 2021, 11:01:17 PM
> How close is it to morning?
> The stars are beginning to fade and the sky is slowly becoming opaque.  There is however no trace of the sun yet fortunately...

> "Well then, it seems we are at a stalemate."
> Patchouli waves "I would disagree...  While it would seem that the ghost couldn't have activated the card's security mechanism the Inchling Princess has pointed out that she merely had to tap the card on someone else before throwing it into the box or set it up so that it would be disturbed easily."
> Alice, still examining the dismantled doll parts nods in agreement
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 12, 2021, 10:40:58 AM
// !st. I ( try persevere in ) Wishing , Praying , Effort in  A very Good and Better HOLY SUNDAY HOLIDAY - 12 September 2021 - to you and you all //

// I Beg your sincere pardon and patience  , and also beg the caring focus helped by CAPPED ON PURPOSE TEXT upon the objectively this explanative+analytical text content , since along with the good enthusiasm and  writing and pruning & formatting for good sakes , not just my sake ,  I also mixed imbalances of the long-windedness , depth to a fault  , eventually unclear syntax typos & distractions //

// All Ref. / lLnks to thread or page are from Seijia Quest ,  save those around the middle of this post where I have already linked with explanations this Thread No.9 of Seijia quest 2  like 

> The stars are beginning to fade and the sky is slowly becoming opaque.  There is however no trace of the sun yet fortunately...
> Patchouli waves "I would disagree...  While it would seem that the ghost couldn't have activated the card's security mechanism the Inchling Princess has pointed out that she merely had to tap the card on someone else before throwing it into the box or set it up so that it would be disturbed easily."
> Alice, still examining the dismantled doll parts nods in agreement

// The TRUE CULPRIT + PROMISER TEMPTATOR/TEMPTRESS * +  FIREBRAND + ... is still truly and only  " Iris " which points , Yukari is the pointer and partly Yuyuko ,  to  a relatively desperate , egging-on  * Manifestation of the Hakurei God in Doll!Iris (1 Doll at a time ) //

This has been and is pointing out more and more to Mima " The Ghost Lady " ( Longest Most Experienced Interloper , Haunter , Prankster ,Interloper , Sealed One, Reformed and Guest of the hakurei Shrine )  being the TEMPTED 2ND CULPRIT AND EXECUTOR ... nevertheless there is still time to adjust or perfect or debunk this " identikit and reveal  on culprit " but all the while certainly it is best to First save time , mainly because " extermination(-like) still needs to take place on Iris Condition ( and next in line performing a very just turnabout on " Iris " but also reach pacifications and understandment ) , First proceeding in " // OOC Time to avoid the " Near Approach Deadline of Dawn Of Failure ( Mean-Spirited Win of 2 Opponents Win /w Everyone Else Sadly Losing )" //

// Basis  on Thread No.11 ( https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.500 ) which this post shows the " Ghost Lady " FULLY BEING ABLE CARRYING + BALANCING a HEAVY LOADED TRAY via TELEKINESIS and INDIRECTNESS ,  besides the tray , routes and work back and forth and proximity  of preparing for the Full Moon Festival, all being a Concealment + Alibi   ... for   her Telekinesis , Indirect Ghostly Adaptability and Advantages ( in this Thread and Current Page No. 9 https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=269.msg16771#msg16771 )  as well  )  : " At her own  planning , timing , checking , with no accident and accident-blaming Set-Up and Cover-Up by Touching , Tapping , Hidden-Positioning ,  Remotely and Away Fuse-on & Detonate+on Remotely ...  " //

// ...  The Actual post ( Thread No.11  https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.500 )
<< " > You hear someone knock on the front door before sliding it open

> It's ghost lady Mima, levitating a tray with a unnaturally large amount of tea supplies on it!
> You instinctively jump away as the tray with a kettle full of steaming water sways back and forth.
> "Pardon the rude interruption, it's not my fault no one could agree on a flavor!"
> She 'runs' to the kitchen counter to set the tray down and starts pulling out Reimu's fancy teacups " >> ...

// ... HAD all the Several Setting-Up Opportunities to be be in various route back and forth and right & Left around the Shrine's Donation Box , CONCEALED BY BANQUET FEAST PREPARATIONS RELATED Opportunities , she is KNOWS VERY  WELL  Reimu's Kitchen AND GENERAL Shrine Layout , REIMU'S FANCY CUP missing and hollow fluid-flowing capable handle she did not notice  , she is the most expert  and practiced by far  in Possibly Interacting & Bending The Physical and tangible World  via Ghostly,Spirit Magic , Partly-Mean ( Mostly-Former Particular Evil Spirit ) Adaptivity and Cunning //

 // she is the most likely AND Motivated and Elder Magician able to apply and use for assorted work-arounds , circumventions , initiatives and plans  like back then (  Thread No. 13 https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.600  - " 1 Alice's Doll  Magically Attacked and Dismantled for her Gun Powder in a Solitary and not usually known or Chose Avenue for Festivals or Activities   " -  ...

// she then had been put on the spot to show proof and explain , ONLY WHEN called out and she is the very latest 1 to prove herself INNOCENT ,  resulting  in the Details and insights claimed by Mima and mima-Related  ( Current Page No. 9 https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=269.msg16771#msg16771 )  ,despite justifying herself  negating & counter -proving she is ORDINARILY UNABLE could touch-interact-tap-be physical ... she is ABLE TO SPECIAL  (  via MAGICAL TELEKINESIS and " Mostly Reformed "Ghost-Evil Spirit Adaptivity and Manipulativeness ) TOUCH & ACTIVATE + BYPASS REVEAL & ALERT ANY of the Spell-Like Cards BUT ALSO to IDENTIFY AND THE ONLY 1 WHICH COULD NEGATE AND CONCEAL both the PROPER Special  ID and FLAME-BURST DEFENSIVE MECHANISM against SWINDLING & SHARED ANALYSIS while she had and has very recently also demonstrated ( supported realistic thesis  by Patchouli and then Alice still in this Thread No.9  https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=269.msg16771#msg16771 , Patchouli-wise were the No.7 and 8  too, likely Reimu and a few others silently agreed)...//

//...she IS BEFORE and tHEREFORE ABLE to overcome PLUS take advantage " her physical negation of ,  NORMAL ACTIVATION BUT NOT SPECIAL INCIDENT-LIKELY for ( highlighting yet again ) Alibi , to misdirect suspicions and investigators , to bide, avoiding false starts , alerts , harm and excessive damage .... IN ORDER to camouflage and cover-up for herself ( Iris " Obligatory Requirement for Anon UNTIL Dawn ) aand " ESPECIALLY  surpass + circumvent + take advantage ,since magically she had not prepared anything on such a bigger , quality , sagacious , maskable scale and achievement scale   : Lesser  Incident-Requirement Fulfilled + Masked + Delayed +  Controlled DMG & HARM  ( of the Hakurei Shrine's  Donation Box and Most of the Front porch, most of the Kitchen  and a bit of the living Area... )  via MAGIC TELEKINESIS ... Natural and Experienced Adaptivity and Manipulativeness ( AGAIN  Thread No. 9 https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=269.msg16771#msg16771   as well  ) //


// Thread no. 15 of  ,and all of these are set in 1st section of Seijia Quest  ( " Seija quest " https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.700 ) is the post where the " ...Donation Box ( shrine structure -destructively with calculated little wounds and trauma on both Seija and Tenshi due to their resilience ) Exploded ... "  ...

... please do notice by this Actual quote still during the same   ( Page No.15  https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.700 from the post  ,  the Hintful but Undiscovered Noise from Before
 "  > Did we ever figure out what that noise was out back?
> You initially thought it was Shinmyoumaru and then suspected Iris but there was no one to be seen out there. ... "

... the ( only 1 Doll!Iris " manifested alive " at a time  )1st Doll!Iris had been noticed at particular moments  starting gingerly being around ,up and about the Shrine Donation Box( her laughing presence had been noticed even before the particular moments in Threads No. 7 & 8 thus leading to  mostly-surprising appearance in the same No.7 https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.300 and No.8 https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.350 ) ,  she even had persistently returned around the Shrine Donation Box for a good while as the 2nd AND LATEST Doll!Iris , she had carried on  gingerly  providing announcements-demands-blackmails-debrief together with the SUSPECTED AND LIKELY means , THE POTENTIALLY BUT NOT DIRECTLY PLANTABLE BLOW FUSES for the GUNPOWDER-RIDDEN LOWER BASE of the SHRINE'S DONATION BOX   
 " ... The Deck of Cards , its Free Distribution and Know-How are both  Proof , Vouching and Enticement for Concealed Cause of the Lesser Incident as 1st Half of the Win-Condition Requirement for Free Wish-Granting / 1 Greater Free Incident-Granting " //
;

// ( Ref. to the post in Thread No.4 https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.150 about  " ...Tenshi's Gut Feeling of incident already been set up...  " ,and before at the 1st and 2nd Thread)  the first prep  among  the set-up , linstigation , tempting motive and temptively motivated had been set up   before  Seijia Quest Start  ( Mima....most valid criteria for " Guilest Most the Expert and Longest Hakurei Shrine's Guest   "  https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.0  on the 1st Topic , hints and description about " ... Bunbunmaru (having already  advertised ) Advertising Wish-Granting Contest  ...  at the Hakurei Full Moon Festival " , , alongside various before and even close to the the beginning "

// Thread no.11 ,(  https://shrinemaiden.com/index.php?topic=204.500 ) could genuinely have Utility as well , Utility enabling to look into   " Sejia and Mokou testing about the Modified Spell Card-Like Card Design ( originally usurped off Patchouli 's) - CARDS TIMING & REFLEXES in  ID ON/OFF & DEFENSIVE MECHANISM FUSE  ON /OFF , DISCOVERING STARTING HINTS POINTING at a   ' sort of MAGICAL ( MAGIC-FOUNDED no tMAGIC-LIKE or MYSTIC-LIKE ) DELAY and INERTIA '  //

Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on September 14, 2021, 04:58:10 AM
// Post omitted due to length
// Nothing happened since to my understanding no actions were being taken.
// Great summary by the way!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 17, 2021, 11:52:36 PM
// Nothing happened since to my understanding no actions were being taken.
// Great summary by the way!


// Thank you;. this is meant also as a. sort-of summary but mostly as an useful explaining analysis open to cross-checking  about" the many evidences and linked  hinting  suspcions of the Mystery Culprit ( Mima ) tied-in with the Mastermind ( " Iris ") "... //

//... {to the other players) ultimately, and considering the "close deadline", do we proceed in pointing out these evidences against Mima, and leading to her "extermination", or are there observations to make or cross-checking? //
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on September 18, 2021, 12:21:29 AM
//... {to the other players) ultimately, and considering the "close deadline", do we proceed in pointing out these evidences against Mima, and leading to her "extermination", or are there observations to make or cross-checking?

// I can't see how much further this can go if I engage, so I would go with the "evidence against Mina" route. However, I want to wait until other players have a say in this.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on September 22, 2021, 01:51:33 PM
// I can't see how much further this can go if I engage, so I would go with the "evidence against Mina" route. However, I want to wait until other players have a say in this.
// I didn't intend for this to become a big choice that stalls the game indefinitely... Maybe we'll have to change it so a choice will be made automatically based on a dice roll if more thana week passes and players are indecisive
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on September 22, 2021, 07:11:18 PM
// I didn't intend for this to become a big choice that stalls the game indefinitely... Maybe we'll have to change it so a choice will be made automatically based on a dice roll if more thana week passes and players are indecisive

//Sounds good to me.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on September 24, 2021, 03:58:25 AM
I'll try to have another look tomorrow if I can get the time. I stopped posting because I was completely stumped; maybe another look this much later will be different.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 24, 2021, 01:40:32 PM
 :player:  :star: :notes:
// I can't see how much further this can go if I engage, so I would go with the "evidence against Mina" route. However, I want to wait until other players have a say in this.

// YES  and UNDERSTANDING but any human MotK user is still always welcome , meant in the scenario (although better explanations ,insights ,simplicity are possible ) of the fair, goo, correct sake and sakes that is the case ,  to post and/or suggest and/or hint and or ask out and/or PM ( Private Message ) and/or possibly read again & review //

// I didn't intend for this to become a big choice that stalls the game indefinitely... Maybe we'll have to change it so a choice will be made automatically based on a dice roll if more thana week passes and players are indecisive

//Sounds good to me.

// EVENTUALLY a THANKING YES and UNDERSTANDING , as a Fail-safe and back-plan to move activity pace & interest forward //

I'll try to have another look tomorrow if I can get the time. I stopped posting because I was completely stumped; maybe another look this much later will be different.

// A VERY THANKING YES And VERY THANKING UNDERSTanding //




Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 01, 2021, 01:24:17 PM
> Cross-Check if this Resolution Initiative keeps being Really Feasible and Adequately Provable , by considering again  investigative facts,advices,help-outs ,such as by Patchouli, but also by Shinmyonmaru ,Mokou, Reimu,Alice  and semi-interrogations
 : " the self-named Iris " still being the Mastermind and Instigator Mima, Mima is the De Facto l Most Suspicious Culprit,at least the Main and Aware one ,with conditionals and conditioned by being challenge at Incident-Making by the same..."self-proclaimed  Iris " instigated and involved incident-
// I didn't intend for this to become a big choice that stalls the game indefinitely... Maybe we'll have to change it so a choice will be made automatically based on a dice roll if more thana week passes and players are indecisive


// Easier Reading and Navigation -Most important paragraph are this 1 one,
The 2nd,the last,the others are Mostly Optional
In case of Rolling Dice ,ven though the "choice decisiveness is lowered but not thewaiting consensus " ,kindly,take duly note  that 2 Players have already confirmed +  1  Main Player  is a somehow Busy so far for Rp-Cyoa Reply is Not Opposed to Confirm and Has Stated Already The Overviewing ...

//....(nertheless and especially and Please take in consideration the Rp-Cyoa  Setting + Activity of PlayerS + Their Sharing with you the Parser GM Mystery-Investigative-Adventure-Touhou in FullOpen Reply  Version in MotK Shrinemaiden.com.. as far ,as  known,rightly due
ere,the .Net,Real Complete Tea Life Rp-Cyoais )...

// So kindly and duly take in Consideration in the  Variabilie of Roll that the Founding Decision is Founding and Hedged , and can still be "improved and cross-evolved in the Story Thread Crossings ,by at least ,as happened almost entirely with Kilgamayan and NPC SUPPORTERS such as Shinmyonmaru,Patchouli, partly Mokou and Alice and Reimu...)//.

//...CONCLUDING the FOUNDING HEDGED PART is still
IRIS Doll(s) (Medium in Hakurei  isThe Temptator, Main Presence in Mastermind and Instigator and ' Untrust Monger  ' whereas Mima is Quite Comparatively Secondary BUT YET Actively Involved and Active Presence "
P.S. " Still "
because the Kernel of this Post is Stillbased and Built on Quotes with to my "Earlier Longer Post and Resume and QUOTING of Review, Analisys and QUOTING "
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 01, 2021, 05:15:28 PM
// I can't really understand the actions, if you could reword them please to be easier to understand
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 04, 2021, 03:43:58 AM
> Rub chin in thought.
> "...I guess not being able to touch the cards would make it much easier to get one over to the donation box without the anti-theft mechanism going off..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 04, 2021, 06:15:01 AM
> Rub chin in thought.
> "...I guess not being able to touch the cards would make it much easier to get one over to the donation box without the anti-theft mechanism going off..."
> Shinmyoumaru nods "Indeed, and she'd only have to tap the card on someone to activate it or set it up in a precarious way so it'd fall into the box with the slightest disturbance"
> Tenshi slams her fist on the table "If that's the case who's to say she didn't make me lose my balance and drop the spring rolls!"
> Several others nod in agreement

> The ghost lady just stares dismissively as if you're all just children shouting nonsense.  The witch seems to be thinking of something to say
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 04, 2021, 12:11:06 PM
> "Whatcha thinkin' about, black-white?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 04, 2021, 01:35:37 PM
> "Whatcha thinkin' about, black-white?"
> "Nothin really, I'm just not buying any of this ze!"

> Looking at Tenshi Alice chimes in "I also just can't see how someone other than me could disassemble the dolls without ripping the fabric as they don't have any seams."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 04, 2021, 01:51:52 PM
> "Nothin really, I'm just not buying any of this ze!"

> Looking at Tenshi Alice chimes in "I also just can't see how someone other than me could disassemble the dolls without ripping the fabric as they don't have any seams."
> To Marisa: "What're you not buying?"

> Where's Yuyuko?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 04, 2021, 01:55:29 PM
> To Marisa: "What're you not buying?"

> Where's Yuyuko?
> "I'm just not believing Mima is behind this and I don't think I ever will"

> Yuyuko is floating behind Youmu and next to Yukari, occasionally whispering something to her
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 04, 2021, 01:58:42 PM
> "I'm just not believing Mima is behind this and I don't think I ever will"

> Yuyuko is floating behind Youmu and next to Yukari, occasionally whispering something to her
>"If you don't believe it's Mima, then what do you think about the other ghost here?"
>Gesture in the direction of "the other ghost".
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 04, 2021, 03:56:36 PM
>"If you don't believe it's Mima, then what do you think about the other ghost here?"
>Gesture in the direction of "the other ghost".
> Marisa nods and whispers "Maybe the blonde Youkai put her up to it?"

> 'The other ghost' takes notice and comments "Hate to kill your train of thought but Yukari and I were playing tile mahjong the entire night~"
> Alice speaks up "Indeed the ghost princess never lost a single round, though a few of the late games were close..."
> Yukari laughs "Aww~ I kind of hoped you wouldn't mention that... but it is indeed true."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 04, 2021, 04:44:07 PM
> Look to Alice.
> "Could telekinesis do it?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 04, 2021, 04:56:08 PM
> Look to Alice.
> "Could telekinesis do it?"
> The puppeteer nods "With enough skill it someone one could loosen the threads from within..."
> She continues "It'd still be tricky though as they're really tightly packed"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 04, 2021, 05:14:49 PM
> "Well, how familiar is Mima with your dolls?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 04, 2021, 07:12:22 PM
> "Well, how familiar is Mima with your dolls?"
> She explains "She's never asked me or had much interest in them, sometimes comparing them to mere toys" with a little frustration
> The ghost herself chimes in "It's also just a cowardly way of fighting~" much to Alice's dismay

> The puppeteer continues "However she could've learned about them from Marisa?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 04, 2021, 08:07:04 PM
> "So it's possible."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 04, 2021, 08:47:41 PM
> "So it's possible."
> "Mhmm" Alice nods
> Patchouli agrees "Sounds plausible"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 04, 2021, 10:30:40 PM
> She explains "She's never asked me or had much interest in them, sometimes comparing them to mere toys" with a little frustration
> The ghost herself chimes in "It's also just a cowardly way of fighting~" much to Alice's dismay

> The puppeteer continues "However she could've learned about them from Marisa?"
>"Wait a sec, how does black-white know about them?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 05, 2021, 04:32:33 AM
>"Wait a sec, how does black-white know about them?"
> Alice looks away
> Marisa comments "Oh?  Alice occasionally visits to show me any breakthroughs she's made on new dolls!  That's how I first learned of gunpowder, puppeteer's threads, event spells and whole bunch of other mechanics that make them act automatically even though they aren't sentient ze!"
> "S-she's r-right" Alice stutters

> Patchouli asserts "So the witch knew the dolls details, however I cannot see someone as clumsy as her taking apart something with such precision and patience..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 05, 2021, 03:46:23 PM
> Alice looks away
> Marisa comments "Oh?  Alice occasionally visits to show me any breakthroughs she's made on new dolls!  That's how I first learned of gunpowder, puppeteer's threads, event spells and whole bunch of other mechanics that make them act automatically even though they aren't sentient ze!"
> "S-she's r-right" Alice stutters

> Patchouli asserts "So the witch knew the dolls details, however I cannot see someone as clumsy as her taking apart something with such precision and patience..."
>Discreetly whisper to Alice: "Hey, you alright? If you need help with that, just let me know." Playfully smirk at her.

>...
->Are we able to flip AM back to PM? Or dawn to dusk? Not time travel, but extending the time until daybreak, eventually.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 05, 2021, 07:11:35 PM
>Discreetly whisper to Alice: "Hey, you alright? If you need help with that, just let me know." Playfully smirk at her.

>...
->Are we able to flip AM back to PM? Or dawn to dusk? Not time travel, but extending the time until daybreak, eventually.

// We know very little about the nature and extent of Alice and Marisa's bond, though... //

> Added Whisper to Alice : " If I am not intruding on nor misunderstanding  the nature and extent of your bond with Marisa of course... "

// Good Idea but Seija cannot achieve it alone, but if she knows "Sakuya's Temporal Capabilities" and could successfully ask her and they could work on it together... or possibly even Sakuya on her own if the necessity is high (direct ref. to "the Scarlet Team's scenario in Imperishable Night" )
...  //

> Do we know about the "Temporal Capabilities of the Head Maid of the Scarlet Mansion" ?

> If so and if she is near, otherwise postpone this after we have spoken with Marisa,  suggest if she could extend the deadline by extending daybreak ... and, if we are able or potentially able to initiate a Time-Flip, also suggest we could try and support her with our powers if it is needed.

> At last speak to Marisa like this...

> Alice looks away
> Marisa comments "Oh?  Alice occasionally visits to show me any breakthroughs she's made on new dolls!  That's how I first learned of gunpowder, puppeteer's threads, event spells and whole bunch of other mechanics that make them act automatically even though they aren't sentient ze!"
> "S-she's r-right" Alice stutters

> Patchouli asserts "So the witch knew the dolls details, however I cannot see someone as clumsy as her taking apart something with such precision and patience..."

// Within the " Mima being the Instigated Culprit scenario " there is still place for an Innocent and Faithful Accomplice who so far is seemingly Marisa //

>... to Marisa : " Then, supporting your claim that  ghost lady Mima is uninvolved ,  you should be about ready to relay to us, and we to hear out,  your gathered observations during the Banquet Preparations topped with a conclusive explanation valid for debunking at least
most of the following  very plausible and heavy suspicions..."
 
> "... which are her high familiarity and mobility within the Hakurei's Premises, her Advanced Telekinesis Magic, her having a much easier time Bypassing AND Taking Advantage of Iris's Anti-Theft Flame-Burst Countermeasure on Card Touch&Hold, her Awareness about Alice's Dolls for quite the long time, her Possibility to Get Deeper Insights about them through you who have learned them thanks to Alice herself... "
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 06, 2021, 02:46:58 AM
>Discreetly whisper to Alice: "Hey, you alright? If you need help with that, just let me know." Playfully smirk at her.

>...
> Alice turns blushes a little and looks away
// We know very little about the nature and extent of Alice and Marisa's bond, though... //

> Added Whisper to Alice : " If I am not intruding on nor misunderstanding  the nature and extent of your bond with Marisa of course... "
> She may be feigning ignorance but even an Amanojaku can tell what's on her mind...


->Are we able to flip AM back to PM? Or dawn to dusk? Not time travel, but extending the time until daybreak, eventually.
> While you've never tried something that bold you imagine it's ... possible?  If there was someplace where it's dawn and someplace where it's dusk you could invert the time between the two?

// Good Idea but Seija cannot achieve it alone, but if she knows "Sakuya's Temporal Capabilities" and could successfully ask her and they could work on it together... or possibly even Sakuya on her own if the necessity is high (direct ref. to "the Scarlet Team's scenario in Imperishable Night" )
...  //

> Do we know about the "Temporal Capabilities of the Head Maid of the Scarlet Mansion" ?

> If so and if she is near, otherwise postpone this after we have spoken with Marisa,  suggest if she could extend the deadline by extending daybreak ... and, if we are able or potentially able to initiate a Time-Flip, also suggest we could try and support her with our powers if it is needed.
> You know the Scarlet Mansion's maid can slow time and uses that ability to seemingly teleport around.

> At last speak to Marisa like this...
 
// Within the " Mima being the Instigated Culprit scenario " there is still place for an Innocent and Faithful Accomplice who so far is seemingly Marisa //

>... to Marisa : " Then, supporting your claim that  ghost lady Mima is uninvolved ,  you should be about ready to relay to us, and we to hear out,  your gathered observations during the Banquet Preparations topped with a conclusive explanation valid for debunking at least
most of the following  very plausible and heavy suspicions..."
 
> "... which are her high familiarity and mobility within the Hakurei's Premises, her Advanced Telekinesis Magic, her having a much easier time Bypassing AND Taking Advantage of Iris's Anti-Theft Flame-Burst Countermeasure on Card Touch&Hold, her Awareness about Alice's Dolls for quite the long time, her Possibility to Get Deeper Insights about them through you who have learned them thanks to Alice herself... "
> She exclaims "You expect me to recall everything that happened during the event??  I can barely remember what we said five minutes ago with how this discussion has been going!  But I can try if you insist..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 06, 2021, 03:05:13 AM
> "I mean, I think I've just about made up my mind at this point otherwise, so if you're willing..."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 06, 2021, 05:35:26 AM
> "I mean, I think I've just about made up my mind at this point otherwise, so if you're willing..."

> Marisa begins "I'll try my best..."
> "It all started yesterday when that Tengu Aya left one of those newspapers on the front door.  The big letters on the front page caught my attention and soon I became interested in finding out more about the competition...  It sounded a lot like a Tengu publicity stunt at first but it seemed odd to have the starting event so soon?  I mean if it was a hoax they'd want to have it far off in the future so people would forget about it when the next big story rolls around.  That's when I decided to visit the shrine and told my mentor Mima about it.  She claimed it was the first time she'd heard about it and was also surprised it started so soon."
> "Later that day we decided to head on over to the shrine early in hopes of catching the event's organizer but found only Reimu there.  Sitting on the steps we pondered if Reimu could be the culprit, having completely forgotten that tonight also happened to be this month's Full Moon Festival!  Shortly after the half-ghost Youmu appeared at the bottom of the hill and spotted us.  We asked if she was visiting because of said competition but she claimed to know nothing about it and reminded us about the festival.  Along with Reimu the two of them began preparations for tonight which is when lady Mima spotted a peculiar doll on the donation box.  The shrine maiden asked if we knew anything about it and asked we have a look at it while they set up the shrine grounds.  It looked unlike Alice's dolls, resembling more of a shrine maiden than a maid.  I quickly dismissed it as some kind of offering from the village but lady Mima remained skeptical and continued inspecting it.  At that point I went back into the shrine and decided to continue working on an experimental spell card we were developing and kind of zoned out while focusing on the magical tome I was referencing...
> "Shortly before sunset a new Youkai and celestial arrived at the shrine, the former apparently invited by the Inchling Princess.  At that point Reimu asked me to help with preparations so I set my work down on the table and went outside to assist.  Leaving the shrine I ran into lady Mima who had just finished examining the peculiar doll on the donation box.  She argued it must belong to Alice since it was of very similar construction, even though it's clothes and hair were different.  Still not convinced I told her not to mention her findings to the shrine maiden and asked if she could double-check my tweaks to the new spell card.  After that I went over to the warehouse and started bringing out tables, chairs and sake jars until the guests began arriving."
> "Quickly after the festival began a duel started between the flower lady and celestial, during which I remember seeing Mima cheer for her friend Yuuka.  Shortly after the match ended in a draw the doll we examined earlier came to life and introduced us to the "High Stakes Incident Showdown" competition and directed us to the round table where she had placed a stack of blank spellcards.  Confused I picked up a handful of cards to investigate when one light up in my hands, showing various details about my species, skills, interests etc along with a snarky comment at the end.  Regardless I showed it to lady Mima and she pondered how the doll could discover such information about us.  Interested in seeing what was written in her card she continued searching through the piles but found none that would light up.  I suggested she take one anyways to 'fit in' and not raise suspicion considering everyone else seemed to find theirs."
> "After Iris ran off Yuuka Mima and I discussed possible ways the doll could've been spying on us and how involved the Tengu could be when something started to smell like it was burning.  Following the scent led us to the table where the Scarlet Mansion residents and the Inchling Princess were experimenting with the spell cards.  Pacthcouli claimed the cards were eerily similar to an anti-theft enchantment she was designing in hopes of canceling my library subscription.  We then discussed possible culprits among the different factions in Gensokyo for much of the night, Yuuka and Mima leaving only once or twice to refill the tea kettle."
> "Finally we were interrupted by the donation box exploding and destroying much of the shrine's front facade and we've all been investigating around the shrine and yard since"

> Scratching her head she comments "Whew that was long ze...  Hope you've been paying attention cause I'm not repeating any of it!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 06, 2021, 01:12:10 PM
> "Later that day we decided to head on over to the shrine early in hopes of catching the event's organizer but found only Reimu there.  Sitting on the steps we pondered if Reimu could be the culprit, having completely forgotten that tonight also happened to be this month's Full Moon Festival!  Shortly after the half-ghost Youmu appeared at the bottom of the hill and spotted us.  We asked if she was visiting because of said competition but she claimed to know nothing about it and reminded us about the festival.  Along with Reimu the two of them began preparations for tonight which is when lady Mima spotted a peculiar doll on the donation box.  The shrine maiden asked if we knew anything about it and asked we have a look at it while they set up the shrine grounds.  It looked unlike Alice's dolls, resembling more of a shrine maiden than a maid.  I quickly dismissed it as some kind of offering from the village but lady Mima remained skeptical and continued inspecting it.  At that point I went back into the shrine and decided to continue working on an experimental spell card we were developing and kind of zoned out while focusing on the magical tome I was referencing...
> "Shortly before sunset a new Youkai and celestial arrived at the shrine, the former apparently invited by the Inchling Princess.  At that point Reimu asked me to help with preparations so I set my work down on the table and went outside to assist.  Leaving the shrine I ran into lady Mima who had just finished examining the peculiar doll on the donation box.  She argued it must belong to Alice since it was of very similar construction, even though it's clothes and hair were different.  Still not convinced I told her not to mention her findings to the shrine maiden and asked if she could double-check my tweaks to the new spell card.

>"Wait a minute. Before I ask a farfetched question, I need to ask a more reasonable one. Alice, have you ever lost a doll, or have any of your dolls ever acted strangely?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 06, 2021, 11:50:44 PM
>"Wait a minute. Before I ask a farfetched question, I need to ask a more reasonable one. Alice, have you ever lost a doll, or have any of your dolls ever acted strangely?"
> The puppeteer asks "Ever?  That's a pretty long time you know... but I'll try and remember"
> A doll flies into her hand and she begins: "These dolls operate on a set of very complicated enchantments, the combined interactions of all these spells is what makes them seem 'alive' even though they indeed unfortunately are just clockwork machines.  Sometimes however, especially if I'm working on a new behavior they might get stuck performing some action repeatedly due to an unforeseen interaction between enchantments and events.  So depending on what action they got stuck on they could get lost, like getting stuck flying towards 'Youkai Mountain' because fog happened to roll in, making it impossible to check if they reached their destination and thus flying perpetually in some direction."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 07, 2021, 01:35:04 AM
> The puppeteer asks "Ever?  That's a pretty long time you know... but I'll try and remember"
> A doll flies into her hand and she begins: "These dolls operate on a set of very complicated enchantments, the combined interactions of all these spells is what makes them seem 'alive' even though they indeed unfortunately are just clockwork machines.  Sometimes however, especially if I'm working on a new behavior they might get stuck performing some action repeatedly due to an unforeseen interaction between enchantments and events.  So depending on what action they got stuck on they could get lost, like getting stuck flying towards 'Youkai Mountain' because fog happened to roll in, making it impossible to check if they reached their destination and thus flying perpetually in some direction."
>"Okay then. I propose a new theory. One or more of Alice's dolls were found (after they have been lost) by someone with too much time on their hands. They then extensively examine the dolls and do enough investigation to find out what makes them tick. When they finally learn about gunpowder, either they plan the current series of events, or they share the idea to a close friend, in which they plan said events."

//Just thought this might be a little farfetched, so I wanted to indicate that in my previous post.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 07, 2021, 05:32:58 AM
>"Okay then. I propose a new theory. One or more of Alice's dolls were found (after they have been lost) by someone with too much time on their hands. They then extensively examine the dolls and do enough investigation to find out what makes them tick. When they finally learn about gunpowder, either they plan the current series of events, or they share the idea to a close friend, in which they plan said events."
> Tenshi states "I don't think the culprit would've brought a doll with them, it's too obvious!"
> Patchouli explains "I think she means where they got the idea from, after all we found the dismantled doll, missing all it's gunpowder..."
> Remilia asks "Were there any other peculiarities with the dolls tonight, like did any others go missing or act up?"
> The pupeteer raises her arms as if saying "I've no clue" before asking "I can cast a roll call spell if you want to see for yourself?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 08, 2021, 03:44:47 AM
> We are still aware of the mole we have within the doll brigade, yes?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 08, 2021, 12:21:35 PM
> We are still aware of the mole we have within the doll brigade, yes?

> Would it be better for Mokou to let Alice and her dolls  act ordinarily so she can be " mixing-in " or to avoid getting to attention onto her such as a roll call would entail?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 09, 2021, 09:08:50 PM
> We are still aware of the mole we have within the doll brigade, yes?
> Of course

> Would it be better for Mokou to let Alice and her dolls  act ordinarily so she can be " mixing-in " or to avoid getting to attention onto her such as a roll call would entail?
> The question about the roll call was aimed at Remilia
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 10, 2021, 12:54:44 PM
> Of course
> The question about the roll call was aimed at Remilia

> An Alice's roll call spell of Her Dolls call would still directly involve the " Miniaturized Mokou Mole among them" either if Alice discovers her or,if Mokou turns to be that good at miniaturized undercover missions,to call her out to report her eventual undercover findings in public...
 
> ...so  we have to be prepared to help Mokou justify herself,and eventually us and more indirectly Shinmyonmaru since we 3 are supportively involved by degrees  in that plan ,about the missing of not just 1 but also a 2nd Doll due to the " Fake Spying Doll plan by Substitution"...

> Last but not least, we better not forget to go and ask about the the Mansion's Head Maid about that Recent Helpful Time-Extending Helpful Idea  like this...


>...

->Are we able to flip AM back to PM? Or dawn to dusk? Not time travel, but extending the time until daybreak, eventually.

> ...

// Good Idea but Seija cannot achieve it alone, but if she knows "Sakuya's Temporal Capabilities" and could successfully ask her and they could work on it together... or possibly even Sakuya on her own if the necessity is high (direct ref. to "the Scarlet Team's scenario in Imperishable Night" )
...  //

> Do we know about the "Temporal Capabilities of the Head Maid of the Scarlet Mansion" ?

> (EDITED) If so and if she is near, otherwise postpone this after we have spoken with Marisa,  suggest if she could extend the deadline by extending the nighttime till daybreak for a bit... and also suggest that... 

> ... suggest the following ONLY IF we have acceptable or better chances to  " try and taking an Inverting Hold of the Nighttime Remnant and Invert It with the Approaching Daytime Break" for the sake of " Easing the Greater Time-Flow Inversion or Expansion or other Manipulation eventually executed by the Head Maid "...
 
>... also suggest that we could try and support her with our powers if it can increase the success and lessen the burden.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 11, 2021, 05:34:10 PM
> An Alice's roll call spell of Her Dolls call would still directly involve the " Miniaturized Mokou Mole among them" either if Alice discovers her or,if Mokou turns to be that good at miniaturized undercover missions,to call her out to report her eventual undercover findings in public...
 
> ...so  we have to be prepared to help Mokou justify herself,and eventually us and more indirectly Shinmyonmaru since we 3 are supportively involved by degrees  in that plan ,about the missing of not just 1 but also a 2nd Doll due to the " Fake Spying Doll plan by Substitution"...
> Remilia agrees "That would be helpful, just to be sure that was all of the gunpowder..."
> Tenshi in a bit of realization-panic checks under the table and sighs in relief
> Patchouli also checks under the table
> Everyone looks at them oddly and the celestial crosses her arms "Hey I'm still sore from box blast, can't imagine what another full force doll blast would make me feel like!"
> The librarian nods

> Alice makes a couple odd gestures and points at the table, after which 8 dolls approach and sit on the table one by one
> A couple short gestures later and the dolls all stand up and spin around on their toes and finish with a cartwheel before bowing to everyone present, earning a few claps from everyone present

> The puppeteer remarks "Everything looks in order here, however two of my dolls are missing..."
> Remilia remarks "Odd, we'd expect one to be gone because of the box but two?"
> Sakuya adds "Perhaps they used two doll's worth of gunpowder?  To be absolutely certain they'd take out the box."

> Last but not least, we better not forget to go and ask about the the Mansion's Head Maid about that Recent Helpful Time-Extending Helpful Idea  like this...

> ...
> ... suggest the following ONLY IF we have acceptable or better chances to  " try and taking an Inverting Hold of the Nighttime Remnant and Invert It with the Approaching Daytime Break" for the sake of " Easing the Greater Time-Flow Inversion or Expansion or other Manipulation eventually executed by the Head Maid "...
 
>... also suggest that we could try and support her with our powers if it can increase the success and lessen the burden.
> While waiting for Alice's dolls to appear you take the chance to ask the head maid of the Scarlet mansion if she could get them more time
> She explains not only is it possible but they've actually attempted it in the past to resolve an incident regarding a false moon!  Unfortunately however it requires a lengthy set up that would be difficult to perform without tiring out Patchouli, especially without her library's helpful resources
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 11, 2021, 06:30:46 PM
> How many sets of doll parts did we find?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 11, 2021, 06:57:11 PM
> How many sets of doll parts did we find?
> You found one out by the gate to the path leading out the back of the shrine grounds
> The other you found scattered across the backyard like something attacked a doll // This was done while controlling Mokou
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 11, 2021, 07:27:47 PM
> So we (Seija the Awesome) did not find any doll remnants other than the ones we gave to the red-white?
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 11, 2021, 09:01:04 PM
> So we (Seija the Awesome) did not find any doll remnants other than the ones we gave to the red-white?
> You spotted the doll parts in the back yard with Reimu // but you failed to notice there were too many parts for just 1 doll (since Mokou just threw the other parts ontop of the dismantled doll already there).  So no, neither Seija the Awesome or Reimu noticed the other doll
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2021, 03:07:14 AM
> Shrug.
> "I only found the one."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 13, 2021, 04:02:46 AM
> Shrug.
> "I only found the one."
> Patchouli asks the doctor "Is there any way we could tell if that size blast was caused by one or two doll's worth of gunpowder?"
> Eirin takes a look at where the donation box once lay, pulls out a notepad and begins writing in it
> Shinmyoumaru asks "Why does it matter how many they used?"
> The librarian ominously comments  "This incident might not be over if there's still gunpowder that's unaccounted for..."
> Shortly after the moon's physician concludes only one doll's worth of gunpowder destroyed the box...

> Reimu exclaims "We're running out of time, make up your minds already Iris isn't going to wait until we solve every last detail of this incident!"
> Speak of the devil Iris hops out of nowhere and lands in the middle of the table!

> She looks at the shrine maiden and tilts her head "Maybe y'all should throw a branch and pick whoever it points towards when it lands!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 13, 2021, 01:34:29 PM
> Patchouli asks the doctor "Is there any way we could tell if that size blast was caused by one or two doll's worth of gunpowder?"
> Eirin takes a look at where the donation box once lay, pulls out a notepad and begins writing in it
> Shinmyoumaru asks "Why does it matter how many they used?"
> The librarian ominously comments  "This incident might not be over if there's still gunpowder that's unaccounted for..."
> Shortly after the moon's physician concludes only one doll's worth of gunpowder destroyed the box...

> Reimu exclaims "We're running out of time, make up your minds already Iris isn't going to wait until we solve every last detail of this incident!"
> Speak of the devil Iris hops out of nowhere and lands in the middle of the table!

> She looks at the shrine maiden and tilts her head "Maybe y'all should throw a branch and pick whoever it points towards when it lands!"


>Is it possible to flip Iris's insides outwards? If so, be ready to act accordingly.

>Do we know that Mokou is missing?
->If we do, say "Oh Iris, we were just talking about you. We've noticed that the other red-white, Mokou was it?, is gone. Are you willing to cooperate? Or shall we continue to butt heads?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 13, 2021, 03:05:40 PM
>Is it possible to flip Iris's insides outwards? If so, be ready to act accordingly.
> You could flip her upside down not inside out...

>Do we know that Mokou is missing?
> Yeah she's pretending to be a doll and spying on Alice to figure out if she's behind Iris

->If we do, say "Oh Iris, we were just talking about you. We've noticed that the other red-white, Mokou was it?, is gone. Are you willing to cooperate? Or shall we continue to butt heads?"
> No need to ask, you already know she's busy.  She's not a real doll and thus can only pretend to respond to Alice's commands.  Without a magical link between them it's unlikely she'd even know there was a rollcall.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2021, 10:34:56 PM
Yes, let's please not just give away anything about Mokou given she's specifically doing undercover recon for us.

> Throw up our hands in frustration.
> "Ugh. Let's just cut to the chase. Alice, if you don't think anyone else is capable of doing what was done to your doll, does that mean you're confessing to being responsible? Because if it's not you, then clearly someone is capable of doing it."
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Okuu's Fallout on October 13, 2021, 11:27:26 PM
Yes, let's please not just give away anything about Mokou given she's specifically doing undercover recon for us.

//Ohhh. I thought we didn't know that Mokou was doing recon. Thanks for the clarification.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 13, 2021, 11:42:01 PM
You're welcome! No worries.
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 14, 2021, 06:47:17 PM
Yes, let's please not just give away anything about Mokou given she's specifically doing undercover recon for us.

> Throw up our hands in frustration.
> "Ugh. Let's just cut to the chase. Alice, if you don't think anyone else is capable of doing what was done to your doll, does that mean you're confessing to being responsible? Because if it's not you, then clearly someone is capable of doing it."
> Alice makes a definitive "No" gesture

> Iris sits down on a pile of cards, deep in thought
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 19, 2021, 02:48:24 PM
> Alice makes a definitive "No" gesture

> Iris sits down on a pile of cards, deep in thought

> " A good basis to stand on and proceed on is to single out those  who already had prior knowledge and familiarity about Alice's Dolls,their Gunpowder inside and the Possible Extraction of it by careful dismantling of the same Alice's Dolls ... besides Alice herself while at the same time having reliance on her in order to learn ... "
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 21, 2021, 04:19:33 AM
> " A good basis to stand on and proceed on is to single out those  who already had prior knowledge and familiarity about Alice's Dolls,their Gunpowder inside and the Possible Extraction of it by careful dismantling of the same Alice's Dolls ... besides Alice herself while at the same time having reliance on her in order to learn ... "
> Upon mentioning prior knowledge Patchouli makes a realization and asks Marisa "Wait... back when you were recounting the events of tonight you mentioned something about Iris..."
> "Well I mentioned a lot of things about Iris... be more specific?"
> The doll tilts its head "Like how cute I am~!"
> "Quiet you!" exclaims Alice in an oddly commanding tone
> The librarian continues "You mentioned that after Mima finished examining the doll (Iris) ontop of the donation box she argued it must belong to Alice since it was of very similar construction..."
> Shinmyoumaru shyly comments "That means s-she knew quite a bit about dolls..."
> Marisa is visibly taken aback and occasionally eyeing Mima nervously
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 22, 2021, 05:39:31 AM
> Upon mentioning prior knowledge Patchouli makes a realization and asks Marisa "Wait... back when you were recounting the events of tonight you mentioned something about Iris..."
> "Well I mentioned a lot of things about Iris... be more specific?"
> The doll tilts its head "Like how cute I am~!"
> "Quiet you!" exclaims Alice in an oddly commanding tone
> The librarian continues "You mentioned that after Mima finished examining the doll (Iris) ontop of the donation box she argued it must belong to Alice since it was of very similar construction..."
> Shinmyoumaru shyly comments "That means s-she knew quite a bit about dolls..."
> Marisa is visibly taken aback and occasionally eyeing Mima nervously

//EDITED to fix many... "typos" :cirnotan:... and for more reliable clarity//

>  Assent,Look About and Add: " right about the Set-Up+Setting-Up  Perpetrator ,  Instigated by "  the  Recent Party-Crasher-Schemer Doll Mediator    "  ... oh still the Instigated Culprit quite the Knowledgeable ,Finely calm and Finesse-Handler  ... "

>"... certainly about '  Enough Exact Knowiedge for Exactly Evaluating the Design Of Alice's Dolls in a Sudden-Appearing and Foreign Doll WHILE already knowing their Fine Structure from Alice herself, the most trusty source,  of WHILE Alice is publicly attending with a couple handfuls of her Dolls   ,  all to such a point of being able to know their delicately and securely sealed and hidden inner content, to perform a covered-up and precise extraction , a correct preservation, handling and set-up of  1 of 2 Explosive Reagent for '  Fulfilling the Challenge-Requirement of Setting Off. a Lesser Incident with Identity Unknown"
, Eye  Carefully Mima to gauge her further reactions or lack of reactions or complacency,
   .... "

> "... and al the more certain and particular managing to  non-conspicuously but successfully  set and trudge through   Rarely Know  Shrine  Routes yet still Familiar for Perpetrating going ; from Those outer Grounds   on to the  Underground Trap-Hole then back up to  the Inner Shrine Building closer to the Inner Veranda without taking the longer way  through the Gate ... "
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 26, 2021, 03:48:24 PM
>  Assent,Look About and Add: " right about the Set-Up+Setting-Up  Perpetrator ,  Set-Up by "  the  Recent Schemer Party-Crasher-Trouble&Challenge Starter by Buffer-Doll    "  ... oh still the Instigated Culprit quite the Knowledgeable ,Finely calm and Finesse-Handler  ... "

>"... certainly about the ' Exact Knowing  Similarity ID of Alice's Dolls  WITH  the usualty of Alice bringing about a couple handfuls ? , to such to such point of a rather balanced and precise extraction , preservation and setting up  1 Explosive Reagents for the Lesser Incident Trap- out of 2 securely sealed ... 1 still unaccounted 
, Eye  Carefully Mima to gauge her further reactions or lack of reactions or complacements
   .... still unaccounted yet not lost ... "

> "... and al the more certain and particular managing to  non-conspicuously but successfully  set and trudge through   Rarely Know  Shrine  Routes yet still Familiar for Perpetrating going ; from Those outer Grounds   on to the  Underground Trap-Hole then back up to  the Inner Shrine Building closer to the Veranda without Entrance by Gate ...
> Shinmyoumaru and Patchouli nod at your accusations
> Everyone looks at the ghost
> She takes a glace at the sun's rays, which are slowly creeping down the mountain and reaching the shrine's plateau...
> With a slight grin she waves dismissively "You're going to accuse me?  Without solving the mystery of the other missing doll's whereabouts?"
> "What if the culprit has set it up somewhere else, waiting to be tapped?"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 26, 2021, 07:41:45 PM
> Shinmyoumaru and Patchouli nod at your accusations
> Everyone looks at the ghost
> She takes a glace at the sun's rays, which are slowly creeping down the mountain and reaching the shrine's plateau...
> With a slight grin she waves dismissively "You're going to accuse me?  Without solving the mystery of the other missing doll's whereabouts?"
> "What if the culprit has set it up somewhere else, waiting to be tapped?"
> Shinmyoumaru and Patchouli nod at your accusations
> Everyone looks at the ghost
> She takes a glace at the sun's rays, which are slowly creeping down the mountain and reaching the shrine's plateau...
> With a slight grin she waves dismissively "You're going to accuse me?  Without solving the mystery of the other missing doll's whereabouts?"
> "What if the culprit has set it up somewhere else, waiting to be tapped?"

// Please,  Correct or add upon if anything is off-key //

> Respond: " Yes, The Culprit's intentions and set-up had to certainly be involving '2 explosive surprises' from 1 end of The Shrine to the other in order to ' ensure 1 of them to be tapped-set off for the Fulfillment  of Challenge-Requirement of Setting Off. a Lesser Incident with Identity Unknown '
, BUT the Unknown Incident-Starter has already been achieved, the damages are already done and we are all already fully-aware and on full-alert for "another explosive surprise... "

>"... so, like you are doing right now, the Culprit's Main Interest and Goal has to be regarding the delaying of their identity being known together with the checking  the earning of as much time as possible, knowing and counting on the fact we are drawing ever-closer to the Daybreak Deadline, such as by insinuating diversive and time-consuming doubts such  are we are to look into and be assured about every 1 of the Incidents details, knowing fully well that us taking the overly scrupulous bait would ensure the failure of the revealing investigations  for being delayed until the Daybreak Deadline... "

> Without leaving Mima out of eyesight, Look insistently and knowingly at everyone gathered around   while at the same time, fully prepared for "evasive&counterattacking measures, Start moving closer  to Mima.
 
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on October 31, 2021, 04:20:38 AM
// Please,  Correct or add upon if anything is off-key //

> Respond: " Yes, The Culprit's intentions and set-up had to certainly be involving '2 explosive surprises' from 1 end of The Shrine to the other in order to ' ensure 1 of them to be tapped-set off for the Fulfillment  of Challenge-Requirement of Setting Off. a Lesser Incident with Identity Unknown '
, BUT the Unknown Incident-Starter has already been achieved, the damages are already done and we are all already fully-aware and on full-alert for "another explosive surprise... "

>"... so, like you are doing right now, the Culprit's Main Interest and Goal has to be regarding the delaying of their identity being known together with the checking  the earning of as much time as possible, knowing and counting on the fact we are drawing ever-closer to the Daybreak Deadline, such as by insinuating diversive and time-consuming doubts such  are we are to look into and be assured about every 1 of the Incidents details, knowing fully well that us taking the overly scrupulous bait would ensure the failure of the revealing investigations  for being delayed until the Daybreak Deadline... "
> Iris is looking at the daylight slowly creeping down the hills with as much of a smug grin as a doll can express.

> With an annoyed look Patchouli points a finger at the ghost and exclaims "Indeed, you've wasted enough time already"
> Remilia joins in "Let's finish this now!"
> Shinmyoumaru shyly comments "I-I don't know if we have enough time to defeat her by dawn..."
> Sakuya quickly casts a spell "I'll stall the night for as much as I can"

> Without leaving Mima out of eyesight, Look insistently and knowingly at everyone gathered around   while at the same time, fully prepared for "evasive&counterattacking measures, Start moving closer  to Mima,  and
> The evil spirit Mima comes swinging!
> "I've already won, you'll never defeat me in time!"
> The magician Marisa joins her side
> "I'll make sure of that!"
> Yuuka joins the fray
> "Anything to help an old friend!"

> Alice steps away from either side
> "Shoot!  I-I d-didn't bring enough dolls for c-combat..."
> Iris follows Alice's lead
> "It'd be unfair to interfere!  This is between y'all!"

> You have control of both Seija and Shinmyoumaru in combat
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Kilgamayan on October 31, 2021, 01:09:30 PM
> Seija: Click our tongue in irritation.
> "Oi! Red-white! Samurai! Could use your help here!"
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 01, 2021, 09:28:02 PM
> Iris is looking at the daylight slowly creeping down the hills with as much of a smug grin as a doll can express.

> With an annoyed look Patchouli points a finger at the ghost and exclaims "Indeed, you've wasted enough time already"
> Remilia joins in "Let's finish this now!"
> Shinmyoumaru shyly comments "I-I don't know if we have enough time to defeat her by dawn..."
> Sakuya quickly casts a spell "I'll stall the night for as much as I can"
> The evil spirit Mima comes swinging!
> "I've already won, you'll never defeat me in time!"
> The magician Marisa joins her side
> "I'll make sure of that!"
> Yuuka joins the fray
> "Anything to help an old friend!"

> Alice steps away from either side
> "Shoot!  I-I d-didn't bring enough dolls for c-combat..."
> Iris follows Alice's lead
> "It'd be unfair to interfere!  This is between y'all!"

> You have control of both Seija and Shinmyoumaru in combat

> Seija: Click our tongue in irritation.
> "Oi! Red-white! Samurai! Could use your help here!"

> What are the respective targets of respectively Mima,Marisa and Yuuka?

> Dodge out of their way and warn others if they are aiming at them.

> Call out to the other present as well to join in and support.

Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on November 09, 2021, 05:08:06 AM
> What are the respective targets of respectively Mima,Marisa and Yuuka?

> Dodge out of their way and warn others if they are aiming at them.

> Call out to the other present as well to join in and support.


> Seija: Click our tongue in irritation.
> "Oi! Red-white! Samurai! Could use your help here!"
> The ghost tackles the librarian with her staff, who couldn't jump out of the way in time.
> She responds by trying to whack the ghost with a book which unfortunately for her goes right through Mima and ends up hitting Sakuya.  This momentarily disrupts the maid's time-slowing spell
> Youmu dashes towards the Evil Spirit and is currently trying to wrestle the staff away from her

> Marisa holds up a deck of spell cards and invitingly waves at Reimu
> "First to land three hits ze?"
> Without a word the shrine maiden nods and they both take to the skies.  Yukari and Yuyuko follow in pursuit

> Yuuka throws her umbrella, which swings around like a boomerang (not that you know what that is!) and whacks Tenshi before rebounding off the shrine's gate and knocking Shinmyoumaru to the ground.

> Seeing Youmu's struggle from above the ghost princess waves her fan, releasing a storm of glowing butterflies towards Mima
> Remilia throws a web of red lasers towards Yuuka, who sidesteps and grazes them before regaining her umbrella which she then uses to reflect them towards Tenshi and Shinmyoumaru

> Sanae and Rinnosuke and you are the only ones who are still at the table but have yet to engage in the fight.  Iris and everyone else seems to have run off after the surprise attack
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 12, 2021, 10:01:26 PM
> The ghost tackles the librarian with her staff, who couldn't jump out of the way in time.
> She responds by trying to whack the ghost with a book which unfortunately for her goes right through Mima and ends up hitting Sakuya.  This momentarily disrupts the maid's time-slowing spell
> Youmu dashes towards the Evil Spirit and is currently trying to wrestle the staff away from her

> Marisa holds up a deck of spell cards and invitingly waves at Reimu
> "First to land three hits ze?"
> Without a word the shrine maiden nods and they both take to the skies.  Yukari and Yuyuko follow in pursuit

> Yuuka throws her umbrella, which swings around like a boomerang (not that you know what that is!) and whacks Tenshi before rebounding off the shrine's gate and knocking Shinmyoumaru to the ground.

> Seeing Youmu's struggle from above the ghost princess waves her fan, releasing a storm of glowing butterflies towards Mima
> Remilia throws a web of red lasers towards Yuuka, who sidesteps and grazes them before regaining her umbrella which she then uses to reflect them towards Tenshi and Shinmyoumaru

> Sanae and Rinnosuke and you are the only ones who are still at the table but have yet to engage in the fight.  Iris and everyone else seems to have run off after the surprise attack

((( // Not my (or anyone else's?) Exclusivity. + CHARITABLE THANK-YOUS for eventual understanding, to be Considering & Putting Inputs, rathrr just adding a quite modest... Just clear-out : //

//.transcribing in. Open to. Cooperativity&Sharing&Continuity. Simplified. Exact.«««PARSABLE»» in Forum-
Texting (& PUNCTUATION),  then TOUHOU. QUEST Format-Ready, finally intRead-for-All Formand Punctuation) for" 3 Characteristic Character in Action)  +Seijia+ Shinmyoumaru+Both/All) requires a fair effortful and stretched out,  but also fruitful and engagingly challenging,« extents of "(of surely polishable-improvable attempts on my part , of DUCTILE and harmoniously describing)  Mixed Management »  // )))

Both/All

>  Ready for(sure, within successful capacity) ... Agile Alert and agile vocal alerts to Our In-Duel Friendly Side,  but also for the 2(+?)  Friendly Observers, against  " Sudden 1En. vs. 3 Fr. Above Shoot-Types ".

Seijia

> (Mobility's FieldS) DRAW NEARER AND NEARER NIMBLY to Mike's Position... to Aim at Blind Spots( or" at least Stuggling Spots)  left by Mima,  in-between Mima and her Staff's Grip(not in Youli's Side Cross-Path with Mima)  without  Hitting (or being a clogg) for Sakuya, Patchouli, Youmu, Yuyuko's Flying Patterns,  Eventual "anyones"...

>(Danmaku's Fields) BARRAGE BY...  Zig-Zag Arrow-Heads Mixed within "a Majority of Reverse Zag-Zig BARRAGE" Mostly-Focused and Partly-Spread-Out Orbs , with eventual switch-to (Lasers and Spearheads)  in Case of Crossing Friendly Allies, Entering Closer Range or Quarters...

>... (Abilities' FieldS) Prepare to Unleash when Opportune (whenever is BEST TO REVERSE  the Opponents' Reliant and Expected Concentration)
...    "🔸 ‌🇦 ‌🇸‌🇹‌🇷‌🇴‌🇳‌🇬‌ ‌🇷‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇷‌🇸‌🇦‌🇱"upon both, on " All Opposing 3 " ( MIMA PRIORITY) 1." Face-to-Back Orientation ", 2." Dominant Body Side Grip & Direction ", 3." Shooting & Swinging Angle "...

Shinmyoumaru

> (Mobility's Fields) Quick Get Back, Equiibrium +Gain Enough Distance wth(preferrably }the help. hovering-boost AND Rolling out of Reflected Harm's Ways";. execute, while not interfering. in Remilia and/or Tenshi's Counters, Wideng Counter-Sidestepping+ Grazing on  Yuuka's Deflection...

>... (Abilities) When in. Opportune Feasible Range (Difficult and Supportive about Escape&Graze, to Reciprocally Reposition&UNCLOG ) Prepare to Reply Adaptably... by Swinging the Miracle Mallet For Replying Adaptbly to Incoming Attacks (Parry/ Absorbing?!! Deflect/Empowered Reflect back) to the Reaching-by-GOOD Opportunity(MIMA+YUUKA+maybe Marisa) Opponents.

>... (Danmaku's Fields) On Yuuka -  "Intersecting with each other Most Mostly-Spreading eciprLasering  + partly partially-focused Ring Strings "

Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on November 16, 2021, 07:13:33 AM
Both/All

>  Ready for(sure, within successful capacity) ... Agile Alert and agile vocal alerts to Our In-Duel Friendly Side,  but also for the 2(+?)  Friendly Observers, against  " Sudden 1En. vs. 3 Fr. Above Shoot-Types ".
> You alertly eye the troublemakers

Seijia

> (Mobility's FieldS) DRAW NEARER AND NEARER NIMBLY to Mike's Position... to Aim at Blind Spots( or" at least Stuggling Spots)  left by Mima,  in-between Mima and her Staff's Grip(not in Youli's Side Cross-Path with Mima)  without  Hitting (or being a clogg) for Sakuya, Patchouli, Youmu, Yuyuko's Flying Patterns,  Eventual "anyones"...

>(Danmaku's Fields) BARRAGE BY...  Zig-Zag Arrow-Heads Mixed within "a Majority of Reverse Zag-Zig BARRAGE" Mostly-Focused and Partly-Spread-Out Orbs , with eventual switch-to (Lasers and Spearheads)  in Case of Crossing Friendly Allies, Entering Closer Range or Quarters...

>... (Abilities' FieldS) Prepare to Unleash when Opportune (whenever is BEST TO REVERSE  the Opponents' Reliant and Expected Concentration)
...    "🔸 ‌🇦 ‌🇸‌🇹‌🇷‌🇴‌🇳‌🇬‌ ‌🇷‌🇪‌🇻‌🇪‌🇷‌🇸‌🇦‌🇱"upon both, on " All Opposing 3 " ( MIMA PRIORITY) 1." Face-to-Back Orientation ", 2." Dominant Body Side Grip & Direction ", 3." Shooting & Swinging Angle "...
> You float up to where Reimu and Marisa are dueling, while avoiding getting in the way
> Yukari and Yuyuko seem to be keeping their distance aswell
> From up here you spot Mima and Youmu bellow fighting over the staff
> Whenever you spot a safe opening you and miss Yuyuko throw a stream of small danmaku their way, trying to aim for the staff
> This angers the evil spirit causing energy to crackle around the staff, spawning streams of random bullets from its crescent edge as they fight over it's posession

Shinmyoumaru

> (Mobility's Fields) Quick Get Back, Equiibrium +Gain Enough Distance wth(preferrably }the help. hovering-boost AND Rolling out of Reflected Harm's Ways";. execute, while not interfering. in Remilia and/or Tenshi's Counters, Wideng Counter-Sidestepping+ Grazing on  Yuuka's Deflection...

>... (Abilities) When in. Opportune Feasible Range (Difficult and Supportive about Escape&Graze, to Reciprocally Reposition&UNCLOG ) Prepare to Reply Adaptably... by Swinging the Miracle Mallet For Replying Adaptbly to Incoming Attacks (Parry/ Absorbing?!! Deflect/Empowered Reflect back) to the Reaching-by-GOOD Opportunity(MIMA+YUUKA+maybe Marisa) Opponents.

>... (Danmaku's Fields) On Yuuka -  "Intersecting with each other Most Mostly-Spreading eciprLasering  + partly partially-focused Ring Strings "
> With your head still pounding from getting hit you sneak away without being noticed and recompose yourself
> Yuuka seems to have lost interest in you and is distracted fighting Tenshi, who quickly recovered and summoned a giant flame sword to counterattack with
> Now ready you float up to where the action is, carefully staying out of the way and readying the Miracle Mallet to deflect incoming attacks
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 18, 2021, 01:00:53 PM
> You alertly eye the troublemakers
> You float up to where Reimu and Marisa are dueling, while avoiding getting in the way
> Yukari and Yuyuko seem to be keeping their distance aswell
> From up here you spot Mima and Youmu bellow fighting over the staff
> Whenever you spot a safe opening you and miss Yuyuko throw a stream of small danmaku their way, trying to aim for the staff
> This angers the evil spirit causing energy to crackle around the staff, spawning streams of random bullets from its crescent edge as they fight over it's posession
> With your head still pounding from getting hit you sneak away without being noticed and recompose yourself
> Yuuka seems to have lost interest in you and is distracted fighting Tenshi, who quickly recovered and summoned a giant flame sword to counterattack with
> Now ready you float up to where the action is, carefully staying out of the way and readying the Miracle Mallet to deflect incoming attacks

Seijia

> Adjust flying and dodging courses so we are shortening distance with Shinmyomaru , Mima's Streams of Bullets having an harder time coming to our direction, while ours Shift to be aiming more towards Mima to (further) Clog her mobility and holding-on.

Shinmyoumaru
> Deftly float closer,and careful. towards the struggle around Mima ready to deflect/redirect with the Miracle Mallet,without getting too close to friendly or enemy fire,perform some Bullet Sprays aimed at Yuuka but most of them are to be Streamed at Mima in Clogging Concert with the others

Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Tom on November 22, 2021, 09:18:21 AM
Seijia

> Adjust flying and dodging courses so we are shortening distance with Shinmyomaru , Mima's Streams of Bullets having an harder time coming to our direction, while ours Shift to be aiming more towards Mima to (further) Clog her mobility and holding-on.
> You fly towards Shinmyoumaru, while avoiding stray bullets
> Mima manages to wrestle the staff away from Youmu by stunning her with a powerful flash spell
> She then whacks Sakuya with it once before starting what looks like a spell card

Shinmyoumaru
> Deftly float closer,and careful. towards the struggle around Mima ready to deflect/redirect with the Miracle Mallet,without getting too close to friendly or enemy fire,perform some Bullet Sprays aimed at Yuuka but most of them are to be Streamed at Mima in Clogging Concert with the others
> You fly towards Mima and meet up with Seija halfway there
> Yuuka notices the occasional bullets and exclaims "Don't be a pest!" while rudely pointing at you!
> Mima's spell card begins with several streams of bullets, primarily aimed at Younu and Patchouli, with occasional bullets headed your or Sakuya's way.  You manage to reflect all of them back, scoring a surprise hit on Mima!
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on November 26, 2021, 10:44:45 PM
> You fly towards Shinmyoumaru, while avoiding stray bullets
> Mima manages to wrestle the staff away from Youmu by stunning her with a powerful flash spell
> She then whacks Sakuya with it once before starting what looks like a spell card
> You fly towards Mima and meet up with Seija halfway there
> Yuuka notices the occasional bullets and exclaims "Don't be a pest!" while rudely pointing at you!
> Mima's spell card begins with several streams of bullets, primarily aimed at Younu and Patchouli, with occasional bullets headed your or Sakuya's way.  You manage to reflect all of them back, scoring a surprise hit on Mima!

//Sorry ! I have waited toolong for Returning /New Players(Always Welcome) ... there have also been the HIgh Priority about Helping&Supporting Home/Family/Related too monv,so ; moreover I also have somehow missed the Last Update while still "Foruming" //

// So !  :bigpower: Big Wait->Bigger Compensation->Bigger Posting  :bigpower: {Thank GOD it may eventually be edited-simplified later on}//
 
BOTH
> Observe and adapt to.Mima's Spellcard ,while fire some Counterattacking Lasers ,adapt according to Patterns+ Density+Rush Speed ...

> ...Ah! To gain a bit more Upper-Hand and Experience since Marisa said :" she still consider  Mima to be her Mentor as Magician... so Mimait has to have Degrees of Similarities  ....what can we note of Somehow Aike in Style,Bullet Types , Shoot&Move Movements or...?

> AVAILABLE SPELL CARD LIST : which seem More Fitting current setting  and prior analyses considered ..?

> About  Distance and Ranges : in which manner  the 5 Us distanced from Mima ?
Short-Range (Youmu then Patcboulj) , Mid-Short  (Sakuya)and Middle ( Seija then Shinmyoumaru) ?

> Which 1 is the Closest to Us ,which 1 i is the Most Harried between Youmu and Patchouli   "  (DIFFERENT FRONT & PERSON EACH for SEIJIA and SHINMYOUMARU ) ...

> ...  Support with Higher Priority  - BY RELIEVING W/LASERS+BULLET RINGS+ OWN STREAMING MOBILITY - the 1 Both Closest and Most Harried.

SHINMYOUMARU

> For Yuuka's Outburst... Do not be Offended or Rattled by it,it is Half-Understandable,but still Give the Good Gift of an Example of Patience and Temperance; Virtues even among Tight Situations,and especially caught within them.

> 1Firstly Perform/Mediate the "BOTH  COMMANDS".

> Synchronize better with Seijia ,Bbalance with the Others ,Lasering and Ring-Bullets before the Eventual Spellcards ."

> While Observiing&Dodging  Mima'sBullet Streams Keep Parry-Deflecting some at her ,staying alert Not To Sacrifice safe Positioning Focus and Mobility in Parry&Deflect...

// Oh Yes...Whenever it is safe  for a fast-checking outside the "3-Duels in 1 ", we should be call out to the checking on the "Still Present Side-Liners" Sanae but also Rinnosuke  for some Actual Contribution (even "just" out-of-the-fray advices ) //
Title: Re: Seija Quest 2
Post by: Branneg Xy on December 01, 2021, 04:21:57 PM
// I have edited-simplified(do not be shy in asking me for it whenever it is necessary for some or greater parts of the posts) previous post,as well, for better reading,clarity,parsing //