Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: Neovereign on July 04, 2021, 07:09:00 AM

Title: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 04, 2021, 07:09:00 AM
> You are Rumia, Youkai of the Dusk, or Youkai of the Twilight.
> ...am Rumia, Darkness Incarnate. Both the darkness itself... lurks within.
> Well, you've already introduced yourself before. So there's no need to repeat yourself.
> The one out there has changed tremen... so have I. I won't... same mistakes as in the past.
> ...But you have managed your greatest wish! To simply, rid yourself of the seal and get back to your former freedom.

> You've been waiting in silence for an update from Shingyoku on the situation inside the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. They have yet to say anything of note...

> "Hm... Watch her from a distance. Inside doesn't seem like it'll work, as you can check... get her into your favor without being submissive to what she... may well be tenacious, but ... easy to dupe. Ah, that gives me a bit of deja vu..."
> "I have to leave. The Rumia out there should be noticing how much of her, no, my stored darkness I've used to return. And if not, then being sealed has taken it's toll on her mentality too. Ah, I mean that we've used, of course. You've always been there, my greatest ally. My S..."

> A voice within you catches your attention, but by the time you properly notice it, it's already gone.
> With it's absence, you feel quite a lot weaker... Not like being sealed, but like you've exhausted yourself fighting until you couldn't. And much hungrier too...
> "It seems like they've done it." Shingyoku finally speaks, standing upright. "They'll be back shortly."
> "Huh? Nice. And Daiyousei didn't die either, from what I can tell." Mokou glances to her side, getting up as well.
> "You hungry again?" You'd hope Marisa would say in consideration for you, but it seems she hasn't come back even now. Maybe she's with Aya visiting Reimu? Or Sanae too.

> The area around the village of cats seems to be devoid of anyone else. At least for a long while...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 04, 2021, 07:24:29 AM
> You are Rumia, Youkai of the Dusk, or Youkai of the Twilight.
> ...am Rumia, Darkness Incarnate. Both the darkness itself... lurks within.
> Well, you've already introduced yourself before. So there's no need to repeat yourself.
> The one out there has changed tremen... so have I. I won't... same mistakes as in the past.
> ...But you have managed your greatest wish! To simply, rid yourself of the seal and get back to your former freedom.
//oh my

Quote
> "Hm... Watch her from a distance. Inside doesn't seem like it'll work, as you can check... get her into your favor without being submissive to what she... may well be tenacious, but ... easy to dupe. Ah, that gives me a bit of deja vu..."
> "I have to leave. The Rumia out there should be noticing how much of her, no, my stored darkness I've used to return. And if not, then being sealed has taken it's toll on her mentality too. Ah, I mean that we've used, of course. You've always been there, my greatest ally. My S..."
>Was this our shadow speaking? If not, who? Is this the voice we noticed? Do we recognize it at all?

Prime:
>Do we have any fish remaining?
>If we still have active darkness from our attempts at probing the forest barrier, withdraw it.
>"Huh, neat."

Contingency:
>Mentally remember where the cat village is so we can return to it around the same time tomorrow. That human girl was interesting.
>Fly about, looking for some kind of stream or lake.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 04, 2021, 07:40:53 AM
//oh my
>Was this our shadow speaking? If not, who? Is this the voice we noticed? Do we recognize it at all?

Prime:
>Do we have any fish remaining?
>If we still have active darkness from our attempts at probing the forest barrier, withdraw it.
>"Huh, neat."

Contingency:
>Mentally remember where the cat village is so we can return to it around the same time tomorrow. That human girl was interesting.
>Fly about, looking for some kind of stream or lake.
> You don't think it was your shadow... You're not sure who. Maybe you said it?
> You're out of fish...
> "With the problem resolved, I'll get going. I have to tell that Hakurei child that this was finished, then I'll need to join my other self for something..." Shingyoku starts off, likely towards the Hakurei Shrine.
> "Guess we wait for them to come back then." Mokou speaks.
> As if on cue, you start to see the two returning from within the forest.

> You try to make sure you remember this place, and fly up in hopes of spotting a body of water...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 04, 2021, 07:47:33 AM
Prime:
>("Did you hear that voice, shadow?")
>Wait for the duo to get closer.
>"...So how did it go?"

Contingency:
>Keep searching.
>If we spot any game animals during our search, stop searching for water and begin stalking said animal(s)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 04, 2021, 07:58:03 AM
Prime:
>("Did you hear that voice, shadow?")
>Wait for the duo to get closer.
>"...So how did it go?"

Contingency:
>Keep searching.
>If we spot any game animals during our search, stop searching for water and begin stalking said animal(s)
> "Yeah. I promise it wasn't me, either." Your shadow replies.
> "Dai'll fill you in. I got something I've been itchin to do for a while now." Shingyoku, well, the female one, rushes on past you, towards the rest of Misty Lake... Maybe she saw a large fish?
> "Ah. Geez... She's so in a rush... Maybe she's disappointed she didn't get to fight?" Daiyousei sighs as the stops. "We sorta came into Sakuya and some others that were in a time loop. Which, I think is things repeating over and over? We didn't repeat, thankfully, and managed to break it. The two fairies we were with vanished, but Kaguya was still there. Since Shingyoku was in a hurry and it's safer than dragging her with us, we left Sakuya in Kaguya's care."

> You keep your eyes peeled, despite how far this place is from everywhere else...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 04, 2021, 08:00:02 AM
>What time is it?

>Are we well known to the humans of the human village?

>What do we know of Akyuu or her previous incarnations?

Prime:
>"How long were you there?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 04, 2021, 08:12:52 AM
>What time is it?

>Are we well known to the humans of the human village?

>What do we know of Akyuu or her previous incarnations?

Prime:
>"How long were you there?"
> It's the afternoon. Well, late in it compared to before you started waiting... The sun won't be here for long.

> No.

> You know of someone in the human village who reincarnates and can remember everything. Bothering her too much would be a quick way to get yourself exterminated.
> Maybe that's how you were sealed in the first place... But you don't recall crossing any of them badly before.

> "A few days, maybe? Things look a lot similar and tight in there, and it took long to even get to Sakuya..." Daiyousei answers. "Maybe it was only a day..."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 04, 2021, 11:51:18 AM
Prime:
>("I wasn't implying it was you anyway. Out of curiosity were you able to pick up anything or did only you catch the tail end of what they were saying like I did?")

>"Sakuya? ...That's the person that was missing from the mansion, right?"

Contingency:
>Keep at it.
>Idly wonder how much our hunting abilities have decayed since we were sealed.
>Hunger level.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 04, 2021, 04:11:54 PM
Prime:
>"What was causing the loops?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 02:48:38 AM
Prime:
>("I wasn't implying it was you anyway. Out of curiosity were you able to pick up anything or did only you catch the tail end of what they were saying like I did?")

>"Sakuya? ...That's the person that was missing from the mansion, right?"

Contingency:
>Keep at it.
>Idly wonder how much our hunting abilities have decayed since we were sealed.
>Hunger level.
Prime:
>"What was causing the loops?"
> "I didn't get much of it either. Sorry..." Your shadow replies.

> "Probably." Mokou answers.
> "It was probably Sakuya? Shingyoku broke the barrier after we couldn't manage anything and none of them knew." Dai speaks.

> You continue searching. Maybe you're still good? It's almost like others have cleaned out the areas before you, though.
> Very hungry... Annoyingly so.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 03:44:51 AM
Prime:
>("That's fine, though what I did catch seems a bit troubling. Something about 'watching her from a distance', 'getting her into your favor' and being 'easy to dupe' ")
>Glance about for potential observers.
>("Not sure if the 'her' they were referring to was me or you, but I'm not ruling out that they're implying one or both of us. There was something about 'The Rumia out there noticing how much of her darkness they used to return' and then having the gall to imply it was their darkness... Not to mention the annoying onset of hunger as soon as they stopped talking. If whoever this is actually stole my darkness we will be having words when I find them... ")
>("A small part of me also wonders if the voice is a portion of my darkness somehow deciding to become a separate entity, which I honestly hope isn't the case because what it implies and the potential fallout it may cause is a migraine in the making... Ugh, a problem to look into later, I suppose. Satisfying my sudden hunger is more important at the moment...")

>Are we aware of any past instances of a part of our darkness seeking its own agenda, or of any darkness-related entities we may have absorbed that could potentially "return" as the voice implied?

>Compared to the previous hunger where we started lapsing into "subconsciously eat the nearest human", how far are we from that level?

>"So it might've been her but she didn't know? Gee, that kinda sucks if you think about it, not knowing you're even the cause of an incident."
>"Also, off topic, but... Neither of you would happen to know an area with plenty of wildlife, ideally game animals, would you? I used up more of my energy than I expected probing the loop-barrier-thingy and it's made me a little hungry..."

>Do we need to breathe when we turn into pure darkness or merge with darkness. If not, could we feasibly move underwater using the darkness in the murky depths of, say, a lake?

Contingency:
>Any luck yet?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 04:05:57 AM
>Naz

>Do we know of anyone that was recording details of yokai that we can dig details of our past from?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 04:23:36 AM
Prime:
>("That's fine, though what I did catch seems a bit troubling. Something about 'watching her from a distance', 'getting her into your favor' and being 'easy to dupe' ")
>Glance about for potential observers.
>("Not sure if the 'her' they were referring to was me or you, but I'm not ruling out that they're implying one or both of us. There was something about 'The Rumia out there noticing how much of her darkness they used to return' and then having the gall to imply it was their darkness... Not to mention the annoying onset of hunger as soon as they stopped talking. If whoever this is actually stole my darkness we will be having words when I find them... ")
>("A small part of me also wonders if the voice is a portion of my darkness somehow deciding to become a separate entity, which I honestly hope isn't the case because what it implies and the potential fallout it may cause is a migraine in the making... Ugh, a problem to look into later, I suppose. Satisfying my sudden hunger is more important at the moment...")

>Are we aware of any past instances of a part of our darkness seeking its own agenda, or of any darkness-related entities we may have absorbed that could potentially "return" as the voice implied?

>Compared to the previous hunger where we started lapsing into "subconsciously eat the nearest human", how far are we from that level?

>"So it might've been her but she didn't know? Gee, that kinda sucks if you think about it, not knowing you're even the cause of an incident."
>"Also, off topic, but... Neither of you would happen to know an area with plenty of wildlife, ideally game animals, would you? I used up more of my energy than I expected probing the loop-barrier-thingy and it's made me a little hungry..."

>Do we need to breathe when we turn into pure darkness or merge with darkness. If not, could we feasibly move underwater using the darkness in the murky depths of, say, a lake?

Contingency:
>Any luck yet?
>Naz

>Do we know of anyone that was recording details of yokai that we can dig details of our past from?
> You don't know anyone who records youkai much.

> Your shadow doesn't respond...
> You aren't aware of any. Well, your shadow has been doing things on it's own recently, like when it was gone when you first woke after being unsealed. But you don't think there were such occasions before that.

> Not that far. You hope.
> "Er..." Daiyousei doesn't answer.
> Mokou shrugs.

> You believe you could.

> It smells like there should be other animals nearby. But it's like the smells you do catch vanish.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 04:32:02 AM
Prime:
>...Is our shadow still present?
>Muse aloud to ourselves: "Hmm... Guess I could try fishing the bottom of Misty Lake using my darkness as a net or web or something..."

Contingency:
>Frown. Is somebody messing with us?

>Continue our search but hovering just above the ground. As soon as we smell potential prey land and send a tendril of darkness from our feet through the ground in that direction. Note anything we encounter as we do this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 04:41:29 AM
>Do we know of a way to test if it is a fox's illusion

>Where is Marisa?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 05:28:59 AM
Prime:
>...Is our shadow still present?
>Muse aloud to ourselves: "Hmm... Guess I could try fishing the bottom of Misty Lake using my darkness as a net or web or something..."

Contingency:
>Frown. Is somebody messing with us?

>Continue our search but hovering just above the ground. As soon as we smell potential prey land and send a tendril of darkness from our feet through the ground in that direction. Note anything we encounter as we do this.
>Do we know of a way to test if it is a fox's illusion

>Where is Marisa?
> Yes.
> "Good luck."
> "Don't eat the mermaid..." Daiyousei advises.

> You'd hope not.
> You do such when you smell something, and quickly try to get towards it.
> Alongside the smell, the darkness you were using vanishes as well, worsening that hunger.

> You don't know where Marisa is right now. She left a while ago.
> You're not too familiar with fox tricks.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 06:04:02 AM
Prime:
>"A mermaid, huh?"
>Start sinking in the ground as shadow
>"You learn something.  . ."
>Finish sinking into the ground

>Head to Misty lake.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 06:10:32 AM
Prime:
>("...Something just took a portion of my darkness, and whatever it is is hunting all of the wildlife near Yakumo's territory. Think it might be our unknown voice?")

>"There's a mermaid?"
>Allow Dai to respond before sinking into the ground.
>Abort sinking if a reply from us is expected.

Contingency:
>...How dare they!
>Start flying in that direction. Try to catch a glimpse of our foe.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 08:24:32 AM
Prime:
>"A mermaid, huh?"
>Start sinking in the ground as shadow
>"You learn something.  . ."
>Finish sinking into the ground

>Head to Misty lake.
Prime:
>("...Something just took a portion of my darkness, and whatever it is is hunting all of the wildlife near Yakumo's territory. Think it might be our unknown voice?")

>"There's a mermaid?"
>Allow Dai to respond before sinking into the ground.
>Abort sinking if a reply from us is expected.

Contingency:
>...How dare they!
>Start flying in that direction. Try to catch a glimpse of our foe.
> "Have you considered that it could be Yakumo herself?"

> "Yes." Daiyousei answers... not specifying more.
> You head underground and start for Misty Lake.
> You can hear something in the distance further in Misty Lake as you head towards it.

> You pursue the last disappearance.
> SMACK
> You don't believe what you've just felt until you open your eyes after recoiling.
> No way in hell. You swear there wasn't anything in the way, nor even near enough to do this.
> Despite such a fact... Despite being unsealed...
> You've slammed headfirst into a tree. A tree that absolutely came out of nowhere, without a shadow of a doubt.
> "Slow. Inefficient. Naïve." You hear the voice you heard inside you, this time, from the tree. "This is how you recover now?"
> No, wait, it can't be the tree itself. It's likely just behind it. Yeah...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 08:45:56 AM
Prime:
>("I mean it's possible, though I doubt it unless she's either developed a habit of binge eating or is really hell-bent on antagonizing me without provocation. Besides, the culprit seems to be our mystery voice anyway. They're speaking to my other body.")
>Just to be sure the voice didn't sound like Yakumo's right?
>>Or anybody else we know for that matter?

>Is the noise along our path to the lake or seemingly from within the lake itself?


Contingency:
>Fake gasp while pointing.
>"Aha! I knew trees were the spawn of evil! It makes sense that the mysterious voice was one of you!"
>Beat
>"In all seriousness, though, it seems like I've found you. You know, I caught the tail end of what your were saying before you 'left'. I have to say, the implications that you stole a portion of my darkness aren't the best way to make a first impression. Although, you did say that it was also your darkness, didn't you?"
>Slightly curious head tilt.

>Do we sense anything from this "tree spirit" presence?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 08:58:26 AM
Contingency:
>Do the following after Naz
->"But who are you and what is the name of your master?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 08:59:34 AM
Contingency:
>Do the following after Naz
->"But who are you and what is the name of your master?"
>Hold

//I wanted to see how they responded first before speaking further.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 09:07:15 AM
Prime:
>("I mean it's possible, though I doubt it unless she's either developed a habit of binge eating or is really hell-bent on antagonizing me without provocation. Besides, the culprit seems to be our mystery voice anyway. They're speaking to my other body.")
>Just to be sure the voice didn't sound like Yakumo's right?
>>Or anybody else we know for that matter?

>Is the noise along our path to the lake or seemingly from within the lake itself?


Contingency:
>Fake gasp while pointing.
>"Aha! I knew trees were the spawn of evil! It makes sense that the mysterious voice was one of you!"
>Beat
>"In all seriousness, though, it seems like I've found you. You know, I caught the tail end of what your were saying before you 'left'. I have to say, the implications that you stole a portion of my darkness aren't the best way to make a first impression. Although, you did say that it was also your darkness, didn't you?"
>Slightly curious head tilt.

>Do we sense anything from this "tree spirit" presence?
Contingency:
>Do the following after Naz
->"But who are you and what is the name of your master?"
> "Ah. That makes it easier."
> It doesn't sound like Yukari's. Though it sounds familiar still.

> No.

> "Yes. I made sure to leave yours alone." The voice follows as darkness pours out from the tree, revealing... yourself, with a hand still on the tree.
> The tree is swallowed up entirely by darkness, and vanishes as said darkness returns to the other Rumia. Kinda similar to what you tried with the butterfly, and eating things?
> "I only took my darkness. In fact, I even left you a lot more than you would've been stuck with. Neither you nor my own shadow could tell which was your darkness and which was mine I've saved up in the past, but she did good enough for me to finish it. Think of it as... the 'Original' Rumia was sealed, and as was her abilities and darkness. The 'Sealed Rumia' didn't have access to what was sealed, but the original shadow was still with her. 'Unsealed Rumia' is the same as the sealed one. The shadow has always been the same, while the Original Rumia stands before you now."
> "Don't worry." She raises her hands. "I won't absorb you nor see you as an enemy. You're different enough and not in my way. I'll even help you out. Just, keep the small fry look, I don't want anyone confusing us."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 09:29:47 AM
Prime:
>No to both?

Contingency:
>"Huh, I guess that proves one of my theories."
>Stay somewhat guarded but relax a little and allow more curiosity to show.
>"So when we were still one Rumia, I assume you heard and/or experienced everything I did? Because Gensokyo has changed since our glory days so if you've already learned the new laws through our shared experience then it would be much more convenient than having to explain it."

>"Anyway, this is a bit of a curious situation. Does this make us twin sisters in a way? Come to think of it, did our shadow split too or do we pretty much share custody of her?"

>"Also can't we compromise on the small fry thing? Don't get me wrong I understand the reasoning but I'd still like to stretch out every once in a while. I could change my 'default height's' hair style or maybe it's height by a few inches perhaps? Or maybe you could?"
>"I draw the line at my proportions though."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 09:30:57 AM
Prime:
>No to both?
> From what you can tell, yes, no to both.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 09:36:05 AM
Contingency:
>"If I understand correctly, I was your body that you were sealed away in and developed into a separate entity."


>"That is a relief to hear though I am still in the dark as to who and why we, you. . ."
>Rub head and grumble
>"The sealing happened."

>"Do you actually care that I look like a child or do you just care that my form is distinct from yours?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 09:45:21 AM
//Edit to contingency section of prior post.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 10:55:32 AM
Prime:
>No to both?

Contingency:
>"Huh, I guess that proves one of my theories."
>Stay somewhat guarded but relax a little and allow more curiosity to show.
>"So when we were still one Rumia, I assume you heard and/or experienced everything I did? Because Gensokyo has changed since our glory days so if you've already learned the new laws through our shared experience then it would be much more convenient than having to explain it."

>"Anyway, this is a bit of a curious situation. Does this make us twin sisters in a way? Come to think of it, did our shadow split too or do we pretty much share custody of her?"

>"Also can't we compromise on the small fry thing? Don't get me wrong I understand the reasoning but I'd still like to stretch out every once in a while. I could change my 'default height's' hair style or maybe it's height by a few inches perhaps? Or maybe you could?"
>"I draw the line at my proportions though."
Contingency:
>"If I understand correctly, I was your body that you were sealed away in and developed into a separate entity."


>"That is a relief to hear though I am still in the dark as to who and why we, you. . ."
>Rub head and grumble
>"The sealing happened."

>"Do you actually care that I look like a child or do you just care that my form is distinct from yours?"
> "As far as anyone else is concerned, you're still the original Rumia, too. Your experiences and interactions since being sealed, however, make you different compared to me. I'm sure my case would be the same as taking the Rumia before she got sealed in the past, sending her to the future, then explaining everything that happened inbetween to her. You're not actually a different Rumia. You just... grew differently."

> "I still don't know who sealed us, but I doubt they'll do so again. I'm not going to go around eating humans as much with the new rules around. And you can keep the shadow. I'll redevelop my own."

> "Right. You're still me, you must miss being tall. You just keep your hair short, and I'll keep mine long. With your skills, you'll only hinder yourself more with longer hair anyways. Speaking of, going after animals like that is foolish, as I said earlier. You'll piss off other youkai and they're not worth eating anyways. There's better ways. I can tutor you on such, but I'm in the middle of watching something neat, and unlike you, I don't want to waste so much energy having multiple bodies around like this. I'll catch you after they finish, but before I go, what are we sticking to in terms of names? You don't seem like a prime or true to me. But I doubt you want to be called something like Little Me or Twomia."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 08:04:43 PM
Prime:
>How much would we have to deviate from our current course to investigate?
>("So apparently I have a clone or sister now. I don't mean like a secondary body, she has a separate personality and everything. Also you're probably going to get one too since she said she's going to make her own shadow.")
>Wait if our shadow is developed by ourselves does that technically make us her mom in a way?

Contingency:
>"You say that, but you seemed to be going after animals as well. As well as a portion of my darkness I sent to see what was going on."
>"Speaking of that still wasn't very nice. Though I suppose you had your reasons."

>"How about you call me RumiA and you can be RumiB"
>"I wouldn't mind being called sis if you're fine with me calling you that in turn."
>"Though more formally I guess... hmm... maybe you can be Echo? Considering you're sorta like an echo of our past self that became its own entity? Of course if you don't like that we could brainstorm a better one."

//Feel free to chip in with name ideas Phil.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 09:07:21 PM
Prime:
>How much would we have to deviate from our current course to investigate?
>("So apparently I have a clone or sister now. I don't mean like a secondary body, she has a separate personality and everything. Also you're probably going to get one too since she said she's going to make her own shadow.")
>Wait if our shadow is developed by ourselves does that technically make us her mom in a way?

Contingency:
>"You say that, but you seemed to be going after animals as well. As well as a portion of my darkness I sent to see what was going on."
>"Speaking of that still wasn't very nice. Though I suppose you had your reasons."

>"How about you call me RumiA and you can be RumiB"
>"I wouldn't mind being called sis if you're fine with me calling you that in turn."
>"Though more formally I guess... hmm... maybe you can be Echo? Considering you're sorta like an echo of our past self that became its own entity? Of course if you don't like that we could brainstorm a better one."

//Feel free to chip in with name ideas Phil.
> It might be further ahead of your course.
> "Huh... Okay."
> The shadow you know has always been there. Given she isn't as in control by you as before you were sealed, one could say she's older than you.

> "I haven't left all of my shadow. I left a bit for myself to recover it, just while leaving you with one too. It'll be like healing from an injury." The other Rumia says.
> "If we were going by that logic, you'd be equivalent to a husk. Something fragile that was just used to hold the core until it matured. I said I wouldn't just eat you, but if you won't treat me with respect, not just showing me respect at that, then don't expect me to play nice, help, or even share."
> The other Rumia thinks for a moment.
> "I'd call myself Pure Rumia, while you could be Tainted. But most view tainted as something negative and poor to the original. Sometimes tainted things are outright better, since you can be tainted with emotions if you were something emotionless before, for example. You probably don't want to be called Light Rumia, and me, Dark, either. That'd be insulting..."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 09:36:57 PM
Prime:
>We could probably investigate it after fishing if it's still there, then.
>Continue.

Contingency:
>"Apologies. I meant no offense or disrespect with the echo thing, was just trying to think of a name that would be fitting and rolls off the tongue well."
>"While I see the logic with the Pure Rumia and Tainted Rumia labels, that's kinda a mouthful to say. Besides, as you said, Tainted is usually seen negatively, so it kinda makes it sound like I'm defective or an evil counterpart. It almost has the same connotations as 'Dark Rumia', though without the redundancy. While I acknowledge that I'm currently inferior to you in some respects, I'd still like to go by something that sounds a bit less demeaning."

>"How about..."
>Open a debate with other players to come up with name ideas.

//I'll let Phil make the first suggestions, because I can't think of anything at the moment but would still rather not have the Tainted label applied to us.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 09:39:50 PM
Contingency:
>"I'll take Umbra."
>"It doesn't feel appropriate, but I'll grow into it."

 //I feel like she is more Rumia than us.
//We should probably fuse back together since the major danger has passed and everyone that is dangerous can find our ne
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 09:54:54 PM
Contingency:
>"I'll take Umbra."
>"It doesn't feel appropriate, but I'll grow into it."
>Objection.

//As far as I'm concerned and from an in character perspective, we're Rumia. It doesn't feel right to completely change that.

//Do you think "onee-chan" could be persuaded to accept Umbra though?

//Plus everyone who knows us in this small form already knows us as Rumia. Suddenly changing to a non Rumia name would be odd.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 09:58:08 PM
//edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 10:04:21 PM
//Maybe.  It depends on if she wants the name Rumia.
//Whoever takes the name Rumia is going to inherent both our reputations.

//Yeah, it would be a pain changing our name

//Maybe Rumia the Elder
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 05, 2021, 10:25:22 PM
> "As far as anyone else is concerned, you're still the original Rumia, too. Your experiences and interactions since being sealed, however, make you different compared to me. I'm sure my case would be the same as taking the Rumia before she got sealed in the past, sending her to the future, then explaining everything that happened inbetween to her. You're not actually a different Rumia. You just... grew differently."

> "I still don't know who sealed us, but I doubt they'll do so again. I'm not going to go around eating humans as much with the new rules around. And you can keep the shadow. I'll redevelop my own."

> "Right. You're still me, you must miss being tall. You just keep your hair short, and I'll keep mine long. With your skills, you'll only hinder yourself more with longer hair anyways. Speaking of, going after animals like that is foolish, as I said earlier. You'll piss off other youkai and they're not worth eating anyways. There's better ways. I can tutor you on such, but I'm in the middle of watching something neat, and unlike you, I don't want to waste so much energy having multiple bodies around like this. I'll catch you after they finish, but before I go, what are we sticking to in terms of names? You don't seem like a prime or true to me. But I doubt you want to be called something like Little Me or Twomia."
>_

// Let's try to see if she wants a clear ( "Rumia the Elder " Rumia the Younger " or " Origins..." and " Reborn...") or unclear ( "Umbra" or "Ombra") relation by names with "Rumia",first//

> " For distinctive names,and considering everyone knows or has got used to know myself as just "Rumia", do you prefer something hiding our "relation" like,just for a basis ... one  " Rumia" and the other  "Umbra" or " Ombra " ...or highlighting it like ... one  " Rumia the Elder" or " Origins Rumia" and  the other " Rumia the Younger " or " Reborn Rumia ".

> "Mh...also...would you also like share,or to at least hint to, who you are watching and what are they doing so neatly?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 10:26:36 PM
// Let's try to see if she wants a clear ( "Rumia the Elder " Rumia the Younger ") or unclear ( "Umbra" or "Ombra") relation by names with "Rumia",first//

> " For distinctive names,and considering everyone knows or has got used to know myself as just "Rumia", do you prefer something hiding our "relation" like ... one  " Rumia" and the other  "Umbra" or " Ombra " ...or highlighting it like ... one  " Rumia the Elder" and  other " Rumia the Younger ".

> "Mh...also...would you also like share,or to at least hint to, who you are watching and what are they doing so neatly?"
>Wait on this.

Contingency:
>Do not parse without approval:
>>"...Hmm... Well maybe one of us could change their name to Umbra? But then again since you're me then you'd probably not want to give up our name completely. I know I wouldn't... Plus if we did that then that brings up the issue of most people that we've met in modern Gensokyo knowing my 'small fry' look as 'Rumia'."
>"Maybe you could be Elder Rumia? Considering you appear to have retained more of our prior experiences and are therefore wiser? But then again that would make you sound old, so I don't know if you'd want that. Not to mention we'd probably need to shorten it, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't approve of being called Elder or E-chan."

//This is mostly just a demonstration of how we'd explain our thought process to big rumia, so don't approve it unless you actually want to go with these.

//...call her Rumia-senpai?

//(I'm joking of course. Hmm... this is tricky.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 10:42:31 PM
//Lumia is also a name that we could use
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 05, 2021, 10:56:14 PM
Prime:
>We could probably investigate it after fishing if it's still there, then.
>Continue.

Contingency:
>"Apologies. I meant no offense or disrespect with the echo thing, was just trying to think of a name that would be fitting and rolls off the tongue well."
>"While I see the logic with the Pure Rumia and Tainted Rumia labels, that's kinda a mouthful to say. Besides, as you said, Tainted is usually seen negatively, so it kinda makes it sound like I'm defective or an evil counterpart. It almost has the same connotations as 'Dark Rumia', though without the redundancy. While I acknowledge that I'm currently inferior to you in some respects, I'd still like to go by something that sounds a bit less demeaning."

>"How about..."
>Open a debate with other players to come up with name ideas.

//I'll let Phil make the first suggestions, because I can't think of anything at the moment but would still rather not have the Tainted label applied to us.
Contingency:
>"I'll take Umbra."
>"It doesn't feel appropriate, but I'll grow into it."

 //I feel like she is more Rumia than us.
//We should probably fuse back together since the major danger has passed and everyone that is dangerous can find our ne
>Objection.

//As far as I'm concerned and from an in character perspective, we're Rumia. It doesn't feel right to completely change that.

//Do you think "onee-chan" could be persuaded to accept Umbra though?

//Plus everyone who knows us in this small form already knows us as Rumia. Suddenly changing to a non Rumia name would be odd.


// Let's try to see if she wants a clear ( "Rumia the Elder " Rumia the Younger " or " Origins..." and " Reborn...") or unclear ( "Umbra" or "Ombra") relation by names with "Rumia",first//

> " For distinctive names,and considering everyone knows or has got used to know myself as just "Rumia", do you prefer something hiding our "relation" like,just for a basis ... one  " Rumia" and the other  "Umbra" or " Ombra " ...or highlighting it like ... one  " Rumia the Elder" or " Origins Rumia" and  the other " Rumia the Younger " or " Reborn Rumia ".

> "Mh...also...would you also like share,or to at least hint to, who you are watching and what are they doing so neatly?"
>Wait on this.

Contingency:
>Do not parse without approval:
>>"...Hmm... Well maybe one of us could change their name to Umbra? But then again since you're me then you'd probably not want to give up our name completely. I know I wouldn't... Plus if we did that then that brings up the issue of most people that we've met in modern Gensokyo knowing my 'small fry' look as 'Rumia'."
>"Maybe you could be Elder Rumia? Considering you appear to have retained more of our prior experiences and are therefore wiser? But then again that would make you sound old, so I don't know if you'd want that. Not to mention we'd probably need to shorten it, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't approve of being called Elder or E-chan."

//This is mostly just a demonstration of how we'd explain our thought process to big rumia, so don't approve it unless you actually want to go with these.

//...call her Rumia-senpai?

//(I'm joking of course. Hmm... this is tricky.)
> You arrive at the lake.

> "I didn't eat any of those animals earlier, by the way. I merely moved them. I've got darkness all over Gensokyo I can take part of instead of them. Much more efficient. But I did eat that tree."
> You consider names, and as does the other Rumia...
> "You're the one that's been through most of this newer Gensokyo, but in that small, sealed form. So more alive now would know of you than me, while the ones that are old enough or do know me would fear me more. But I'm not just the Rumia from the past... Hm..."

> "Thinking about it, I guess you are more of the literal original than me, despite my skills and knowledge being more of the original than you. I'm basically the rest of the original that wasn't sealed. Thus, how about I go by Neo Rumia, or X/EX Rumia, and you go by Proto Rumia, or Original Rumia? You keep your identity, and I'll make a new one, since neither of us are the same as the old one, and you've already made a reputation for yourself."
> You're glad the actual pre-seal Rumia isn't here. She probably wouldn't even be discussing with you. Or think of you badly for following the new rules... You wonder if your shadow has any input.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 05, 2021, 11:13:19 PM
Prime:
>Enter the darkness within the lake's depths and merge into it.
>Experimentally attempt to absorb a small fragment of the lake's natural darkness into our own. If we succeed, do we feel any less hungry for doing so?

Contingency:
>"As long as you're okay with that, sis, then I wouldn't mind referring to you as X or EX Rumia."
>"Actually should I ask Shadow to see if she has any input? Or would that be unnecessary?"
>"Also you really ate the tree? I can't imagine that tasting very good..."

//Any objections?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 05, 2021, 11:37:12 PM
Prime:
>Enter the darkness within the lake's depths and merge into it.
>Experimentally attempt to absorb a small fragment of the lake's natural darkness into our own. If we succeed, do we feel any less hungry for doing so?

Contingency:
>"As long as you're okay with that, sis, then I wouldn't mind referring to you as X or EX Rumia."
>"Actually should I ask Shadow to see if she has any input? Or would that be unnecessary?"
>"Also you really ate the tree? I can't imagine that tasting very good..."

//Any objections?

// I feel ,though," Neo Rumia" and "Origins Rumia" are more indicative and meaningful and would not incur in others asking and pondering "What does the 'X' (or 'EX') stand for" ,but let's ask the "ultimate" preferral //

> "A Sound reasoning and so the naming-deal is done with...which would you feel more meaningful amongst "Neo Rumia" ,"X Rumia" or "EX Rumia" for yourself while  "Origins Rumia" is myself?

> Also ask  "Shadow" about this.

> "As far as anyone else is concerned, you're still the original Rumia, too. Your experiences and interactions since being sealed, however, make you different compared to me. I'm sure my case would be the same as taking the Rumia before she got sealed in the past, sending her to the future, then explaining everything that happened inbetween to her. You're not actually a different Rumia. You just... grew differently."

> "I still don't know who sealed us, but I doubt they'll do so again. I'm not going to go around eating humans as much with the new rules around. And you can keep the shadow. I'll redevelop my own."

> "Right. You're still me, you must miss being tall. You just keep your hair short, and I'll keep mine long. With your skills, you'll only hinder yourself more with longer hair anyways. Speaking of, going after animals like that is foolish, as I said earlier. You'll piss off other youkai and they're not worth eating anyways. There's better ways. I can tutor you on such, but I'm in the middle of watching something neat, and unlike you, I don't want to waste so much energy having multiple bodies around like this. I'll catch you after they finish, but before I go, what are we sticking to in terms of names? You don't seem like a prime or true to me. But I doubt you want to be called something like Little Me or Twomia."
>_

> " Mh...Do you have any memories of someone,or someones, who was most the most conflicting and tenacious against you while human-hunting ?"

> " And thanks,,I look forward to your tutoring whenever you become available again"

>  ...by the way...would you also like to share,or to at least hint to, who you are watching and what are they doing so neatly?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 06, 2021, 12:43:57 AM
Prime:
>Enter the darkness within the lake's depths and merge into it.
>Experimentally attempt to absorb a small fragment of the lake's natural darkness into our own. If we succeed, do we feel any less hungry for doing so?

Contingency:
>"As long as you're okay with that, sis, then I wouldn't mind referring to you as X or EX Rumia."
>"Actually should I ask Shadow to see if she has any input? Or would that be unnecessary?"
>"Also you really ate the tree? I can't imagine that tasting very good..."

//Any objections?
// I feel ,though," Neo Rumia" and "Origins Rumia" are more indicative and meaningful and would not incur in others asking and pondering "What does the 'X' (or 'EX') stand for" ,but let's ask the "ultimate" preferral //

> "A Sound reasoning and so the naming-deal is done with...which would you feel more meaningful amongst "Neo Rumia" ,"X Rumia" or "EX Rumia" for yourself while  "Origins Rumia" is myself?

> Also ask  "Shadow" about this.

> " Mh...Do you have any memories of someone,or someones, who was most the most conflicting and tenacious against you while human-hunting ?"

> " And thanks,,I look forward to your tutoring whenever you become available again"

>  ...by the way...would you also like to share,or to at least hint to, who you are watching and what are they doing so neatly?"

> You head into the lake, going deeper, and starting to take a bit of the darkness in.
> It does sate the hunger some...

> "She has her name. She's probably not as interested in what we call ourselves."
> "Origins would be worse. Unless you plan to start eating humans more regularly to fit that more."
> "If I did know anyone we irked enough, I would've said such."
> "Ah. I'm watching Shingyoku fight someone. They seem disappointed though."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 06, 2021, 12:57:59 AM
Prime:
>Take a bit more.
>Does it taste like anything, or is more just sating our hunger and nothing else?
>Do we feel any fish around us?

Contingency:
>"Fair point. I suppose just Rumia for me and EX or X Rumia for you, then? Or would you prefer that I had a formal prefix too?"
>"The male half or the female half? I'm guessing the female, considering her attitude?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 06, 2021, 01:27:09 AM
Prime:
>Take a bit more.
>Does it taste like anything, or is more just sating our hunger and nothing else?
>Do we feel any fish around us?

Contingency:
>"Fair point. I suppose just Rumia for me and EX or X Rumia for you, then? Or would you prefer that I had a formal prefix too?"
>"The male half or the female half? I'm guessing the female, considering her attitude?"
> Doesn't taste like much. Which is better than tasting bad...
> You do feel a lot of fish around.

> "I suggested a prefix for a reason. I'll at least be calling you it."
> "The female Shingyoku."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 06, 2021, 07:17:10 AM
Prime:
>Create a blob of darkness
>Dismiss the darkness
>Does it feel like it came back to us or EX?

Contingency
>"Perhaps something similar to Material because of my origins."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 06, 2021, 07:40:23 AM
Prime:
>Absorb some more ambient lake darkness.
>Does it seem to affect the surrounding environment at all?

Contingency
>"Perhaps something similar to Material because of my origins."
//Why material?

Contingency:
>"Guess we could also go back to your suggestions, though Proto-Rumia sounds more like what we would call a precursor to even our pre-sealed selves, so Original Rumia would be better out of both even if it might not be entirely accurate given how the seal had changed both of our personalities compared to the true original."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 06, 2021, 08:54:00 AM
Prime:
>Create a blob of darkness
>Dismiss the darkness
>Does it feel like it came back to us or EX?

Contingency
>"Perhaps something similar to Material because of my origins."
Prime:
>Absorb some more ambient lake darkness.
>Does it seem to affect the surrounding environment at all?
//Why material?

Contingency:
>"Guess we could also go back to your suggestions, though Proto-Rumia sounds more like what we would call a precursor to even our pre-sealed selves, so Original Rumia would be better out of both even if it might not be entirely accurate given how the seal had changed both of our personalities compared to the true original."
> You absorb some darkness, and it does seem to brighten things just a tiny bit.
> You make, then dismiss darkness.
> It feels like it comes back to you.

> "Alright then, Original." The other Rumia speaks.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 06, 2021, 08:59:01 AM
Prime:
>Even if there's no way for it to be possible for light to reach this far down?
>Hunger level?

Contingency:
>"Guess it's settled then."
>"So you said you moved the animals I was tracking? Didn't think it was safe to move living things through my--er, our darkness after whatever happened to that butterfly I tested it on."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 06, 2021, 09:06:07 AM
Prime:
>Even if there's no way for it to be possible for light to reach this far down?
>Hunger level?

Contingency:
>"Guess it's settled then."
>"So you said you moved the animals I was tracking? Didn't think it was safe to move living things through my--er, our darkness after whatever happened to that butterfly I tested it on."
> You're not in the deepest parts. Just deep enough to see things getting dark. It's not getting very bright anyways.
> Still not sated.

> "Well you learn that sort of thing is fine with humans, since they can explain things much more than a butterfly who doesn't expect to suddenly be moved between a completely pitch black void. Maybe they actually like that sort of thing. Not like you can tell."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 06, 2021, 09:12:02 AM
Prime:
>Go deeper for science.
>Is it pitch black at the bottom of the lake? If not go into the ground beneath.
>Absorb some darkness once we're in pitch blackness, note the resulting effects on the environment. (If forced below ground, keep a tendril poking through the surface to observe the effects, unless we can actually "see" when we're within an opaque object like the earth.)

Contingency:
>"I suppose I should find a willing test subject at some point then. Perhaps on an outsider so I won't get in trouble if I accidentally eat them during the attempt..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 06, 2021, 09:51:53 AM
Prime:
>Go deeper for science.
>Is it pitch black at the bottom of the lake? If not go into the ground beneath.
>Absorb some darkness once we're in pitch blackness, note the resulting effects on the environment. (If forced below ground, keep a tendril poking through the surface to observe the effects, unless we can actually "see" when we're within an opaque object like the earth.)

Contingency:
>"I suppose I should find a willing test subject at some point then. Perhaps on an outsider so I won't get in trouble if I accidentally eat them during the attempt..."
> You head deeper, finally getting to advanc- pitch black darkness.
> You absorb some darkness and don't notice any difference.

> "What do you even plan to use it for?"
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 06, 2021, 10:49:42 AM
Prime:
>Absorb some more until we see a noticeable change in the ambient darkness or we are sated, whichever comes first.

Contingency:
>"Well the original idea behind it was to see if I could take anybody with me whenever I travel a long distance using darkness. It would be convenient if I needed to take somebody somewhere quickly."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 07, 2021, 01:23:46 AM
Prime:
>Absorb some more until we see a noticeable change in the ambient darkness or we are sated, whichever comes first.

Contingency:
>"Well the original idea behind it was to see if I could take anybody with me whenever I travel a long distance using darkness. It would be convenient if I needed to take somebody somewhere quickly."
> You continue... soon no longer feeling as hungry.

> "Are you planning on saving humans from other youkai or something? I'd be surprised if there became even less people who can fly some way or still get around quickly themselves in Gensokyo."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 07, 2021, 01:33:58 AM
Contingency:
>"If the opportunity presents itself while I am indebted to the Hakurei miko."

>Give a shrug
>"Or they are interesting."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 07, 2021, 01:53:47 AM
Prime:
>How big are the fish down here, from what we can feel?
>Ponder if Reimu likes fish.

Contingency:
>"Really it's moreso a curiosity and a convenient skill to have. That and traveling through darkness is much faster than flying."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 07, 2021, 04:30:26 AM
Contingency:
>"If the opportunity presents itself while I am indebted to the Hakurei miko."

>Give a shrug
>"Or they are interesting."
Prime:
>How big are the fish down here, from what we can feel?
>Ponder if Reimu likes fish.

Contingency:
>"Really it's moreso a curiosity and a convenient skill to have. That and traveling through darkness is much faster than flying."
> A few seem really large. Almost person sized.
> You'd guess she would.

> "Well, I did what I wanted to do here. You can do whatever."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 07, 2021, 05:06:13 AM
Prime:
>Use our darkness to ensnare a few decent sized ones, nothing huge or too small. Aim for fish around the size of those we had earlier.
>Take them into ourselves like when we transported the sticks and stuff earlier, but don't absorb/digest them.
>Travel back to the Hakurei Shrine via darkness and materialize on the path at the top of the stairs, releasing our captured fish into our arms.

Contingency:
>"Okay, sis. I guess this is where we part ways for now, then?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 07, 2021, 05:07:32 AM
>"Ah, before what was it you eat beside flesh?"

>Give a depressed expression
>"It is shadows, isn't it."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 07, 2021, 05:23:14 AM
Prime:
>Use our darkness to ensnare a few decent sized ones, nothing huge or too small. Aim for fish around the size of those we had earlier.
>Take them into ourselves like when we transported the sticks and stuff earlier, but don't absorb/digest them.
>Travel back to the Hakurei Shrine via darkness and materialize on the path at the top of the stairs, releasing our captured fish into our arms.

Contingency:
>"Okay, sis. I guess this is where we part ways for now, then?"
>"Ah, before what was it you eat beside flesh?"

>Give a depressed expression
>"It is shadows, isn't it."
> You snag a few fish quite easily, saving them for later.
> And return towards the shrine.

> "Fruit sometimes. Don't expect me to tell you if there's some apple tree or something I have saved. And yes. I have my business, you probably have yours."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 07, 2021, 05:51:09 AM
Prime:
>Is Reimu out? If not, knock politely on the shrine door.

Contingency:
>"Alright, catch you later then. Feel free to seek me out if you're up for some sisterly bonding or just want to catch up. Where are you going to be staying, anyway? Are you just going to wander Gensokyo?"
>Ponder.
>"Actually, what should we do if we needed to get into contact with one another for whatever reason?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 07, 2021, 07:08:34 AM
Prime:
>Is Reimu out? If not, knock politely on the shrine door.

Contingency:
>"Alright, catch you later then. Feel free to seek me out if you're up for some sisterly bonding or just want to catch up. Where are you going to be staying, anyway? Are you just going to wander Gensokyo?"
>Ponder.
>"Actually, what should we do if we needed to get into contact with one another for whatever reason?"
> You've only now reached it.
> Reimu seems to be outside. With Marisa, and the male Shingyoku.

> "Hm... How about you ask Reimu to make a very weak seal to hold some of my darkness. You still have the bit I left with you so you wouldn't just be starving and eating dirt or something. I can get my own since I still have that darkness you sent out to chase those animals. Then just tear it free. Probably something that can only be used once. ...That is if you can even tell where your own darkness is from afar."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 07, 2021, 07:22:30 AM
Prime:
>"Hello everyone!"
>Wave as we approach.
>Make sure we don't drop the fish as we do this.

Contingency:
>"Hmm... Well I can try to see if I can sense it right now."
>Attempt to sense the bit of darkness EX took from us within her, without physically touching her.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 07, 2021, 11:05:59 AM
Prime:
>"Hello everyone!"
>Wave as we approach.
>Make sure we don't drop the fish as we do this.

Contingency:
>"Hmm... Well I can try to see if I can sense it right now."
>Attempt to sense the bit of darkness EX took from us within her, without physically touching her.
> "Ah. Took you long enough." Marisa speaks.
> "There was no incident, so there's no need to gather at my shrine." Reimu says.
> "So, in our time dealing with the occurrence at the forest, have you dealt with the spirit invading your shrine?" Shingyoku asks. "If not, is it perhaps due to needing more help?"
> "No. I'm capable. I just haven't been bothered enough."
> "If that's so, I'll be taking my leave." The man stands up.

> You feel for your darkness. And do note that it seems to be ahead of you.
> "An alternative to needing to eat more would be to stop using more bodies. You can't expect a wonderful dessert every time you burn all of your energy following a bird or cat."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 07, 2021, 07:02:04 PM
Prime:
>Shrug
>"Fishing takes time."

>"Ehh, but I brought food."

>Turn Shingyoku
>"If you're departing then may we meet again under better circumstances."

Contingency:
>"That's a fair point."
>"Do you know a way to 'teleport' through the shadows?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 07, 2021, 08:44:00 PM
Prime:
>"Plus it was kinda urgent. I didn't want to report here on an empty stomach, which would've been a bad idea."

Contingency:
>"I really only intend to operate this extra body in the long term anyway. Just in case something bad happens to the other one."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 07, 2021, 11:37:29 PM
Prime:
>Shrug
>"Fishing takes time."

>"Ehh, but I brought food."

>Turn Shingyoku
>"If you're departing then may we meet again under better circumstances."

Contingency:
>"That's a fair point."
>"Do you know a way to 'teleport' through the shadows?"
Prime:
>"Plus it was kinda urgent. I didn't want to report here on an empty stomach, which would've been a bad idea."

Contingency:
>"I really only intend to operate this extra body in the long term anyway. Just in case something bad happens to the other one."
> "Hardly much time since I left and you already need to eat more, huh?" Marisa questions.
> "Indeed." Shingyoku replies.

> "Not without my darkness already being there."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 07, 2021, 11:55:50 PM
Prime:
>"I probably spent more energy than I expected trying to probe that thing covering the forest. It's kind of embarrassing now that I think about it."
>Can we sense the distinct fragment of darkness that is X's within us?

Contingency:
>"Well it was worth asking."
>Can we sense the location of our main body from here?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 12:28:35 AM
>Naz
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 03:13:48 AM
Prime:
>"I probably spent more energy than I expected trying to probe that thing covering the forest. It's kind of embarrassing now that I think about it."
>Can we sense the distinct fragment of darkness that is X's within us?

Contingency:
>"Well it was worth asking."
>Can we sense the location of our main body from here?
>Naz
> You can tell something a bit off about your darkness. But not much, nor which part of it specifically.

> You can.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 03:19:55 AM
Prime:
>"So... I guess you guys filled in Miss Reimu already?"
>Concentrate on that feeling of offness. Try to isolate it. (With our senses of course, don't physically try to isolate it with our darkness. Don't want to give sis the wrong impression.)

Contingency:
>Can we sense the safe feeling of offness in X's direction? Without having to physically touch her with our own darkness?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 03:24:37 AM
Prime:
>"Do you want to cook or preserve this fish?"
>Heft the fish up for emphasis

>Do we know of the area of Gensokyo that outsiders tend to appear?
->If so send a blob of shadow in that direction

>Can we feel X's location?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 03:46:41 AM
Prime:
>"So... I guess you guys filled in Miss Reimu already?"
>Concentrate on that feeling of offness. Try to isolate it. (With our senses of course, don't physically try to isolate it with our darkness. Don't want to give sis the wrong impression.)

Contingency:
>Can we sense the safe feeling of offness in X's direction? Without having to physically touch her with our own darkness?
Prime:
>"Do you want to cook or preserve this fish?"
>Heft the fish up for emphasis

>Do we know of the area of Gensokyo that outsiders tend to appear?
->If so send a blob of shadow in that direction

>Can we feel X's location?
> "We have."
> "Not really hungry right now, so..." Reimu replies.

> You try to concentrate on the off feeling, but focus doesn't seem to be your strongest point, especially now with so much going on around you.

> You don't really know where outsiders would frequent.

> You can't feel X's location. Nor that feeling from her.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 04:01:16 AM
Prime:
>"So how do you normally preserve food?"

>What ways do we know to preserve meat?

Contingency:
>"Before I go, how do we find each other again?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 04:10:50 AM
Prime:
>"So how do you normally preserve food?"

>What ways do we know to preserve meat?

Contingency:
>"Before I go, how do we find each other again?"
> "I don't have any ways." Reimu admits.
> Marisa shrugs. "I think Sanae has some."

> You don't...

> "Gensokyo isn't that big. You can find a way." The other Rumia sinks into the ground.
> You feel a part of your darkness... vanish, quite painfully at that. Differently than if X Rumia just took from you from what you recall of that.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 04:38:04 AM
Prime:
>"Well, time to experiment and see if my darkness can do so. I can always grab some fresh ones for us later if it doesn't work out."
>Absorb the fish into our "internal storage" but don't actually consume them.
>How big of a loss was it?
>Was the part that vanished the part that felt odd?
>Can we still feel shadow's presence?

Contingency:
>Send our global pain reaction to be expressed by this body alone rather than having Prime show any indication of being hurt.
>"Ow... Well, if you're still listening, then good luck with your own agenda, sis."
>Absorb some of the darkness within the ground immediately below our feet to compensate for the loss, do so only after Prime reports whether or not the feeling of oddness is still there.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 05:53:01 AM
Prime:
>"Well, time to experiment and see if my darkness can do so. I can always grab some fresh ones for us later if it doesn't work out."
>Absorb the fish into our "internal storage" but don't actually consume them.
>How big of a loss was it?
>Was the part that vanished the part that felt odd?
>Can we still feel shadow's presence?

Contingency:
>Send our global pain reaction to be expressed by this body alone rather than having Prime show any indication of being hurt.
>"Ow... Well, if you're still listening, then good luck with your own agenda, sis."
>Absorb some of the darkness within the ground immediately below our feet to compensate for the loss, do so only after Prime reports whether or not the feeling of oddness is still there.
> You eat, but don't actually eat, the fish.
> It wasn't too much, but something like this hasn't really happened before.
> It was not.
> Yes, but not near you.

> It's a bit too late and sudden to have done such...
> You take in some of the darkness near you, not making up for all of it...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 05:58:51 AM
Prime:
>Well hopefully we didn't outwardly express noticeable pain on our end.
>What direction do we sense Shadow in? The Mountain again?
>Can we communicate with her at a distance or only when she's attached to us.
>"Now to see if that works. Anyway, while I'm here do you have anything you want me to do, Miss Reimu?"

Contingency:
>Was our loss roughly equivalent to that which X took from us to get our attention? It might've been her completing the separation if so.
>Take some more then.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 06:04:39 AM
>Think about the consequences of stealing part of a person's shadow minus the extermination.

Contingency:
>Sink into the ground
>Eat some darkness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 06:25:27 AM
Prime:
>Well hopefully we didn't outwardly express noticeable pain on our end.
>What direction do we sense Shadow in? The Mountain again?
>Can we communicate with her at a distance or only when she's attached to us.
>"Now to see if that works. Anyway, while I'm here do you have anything you want me to do, Miss Reimu?"

Contingency:
>Was our loss roughly equivalent to that which X took from us to get our attention? It might've been her completing the separation if so.
>Take some more then.
>Think about the consequences of stealing part of a person's shadow minus the extermination.

Contingency:
>Sink into the ground
>Eat some darkness
> Yes. Though a bit in the Scarlet Devil Mansion too.
> The former of the two seems to get dulled. Immensely. Like being destroyed but not... Sealed, perhaps?
> A bit of that sensation starts to be felt near the mansion as well.
> You can from a distance.
> "No, not really right now. It's thankfully been quiet." Reimu replies.

> If it's bothersome enough to them, they could hunt you down, maybe.

> It was not.
> You sink into the ground and take more darkness to compensate.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 06:38:36 AM
>("Shadow, what is happening and happened?")

>Do we think we could make a duplicate or minion out of someone's shadow?

>Is Contingency consuming very much energy?

>"OK then.  If you need anything just ask."
>"Take care then."

>Head towards the human village
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 06:47:52 AM
>Was the loss greater or less than what X took then?

Prime:
>Don't head to the human village just yet.
>"I'll pop back later if you need me. Or I can leave a tiny body here if you want if you need me earlier. Which would you prefer? If you don't want the pocket-sized body, then is there any time that will be convenient for you?"
>Is it our darkness that feels like it's being sealed or is it our connection to Shadow? Neither?

//We might need to go to the SDM or the Mountain depending on what's happening.
//Also we can probably get away with leaving a pocket/chibi Rumia behind considering we can sustain off of ambient darkness and because it won't have much upkeep because its small. Plus it would be temporary.

Contingency:
>Leave the ground once we've had our fill.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 07:22:59 AM
>("Shadow, what is happening and happened?")

>Do we think we could make a duplicate or minion out of someone's shadow?

>Is Contingency consuming very much energy?

>"OK then.  If you need anything just ask."
>"Take care then."

>Head towards the human village
>Was the loss greater or less than what X took then?

Prime:
>Don't head to the human village just yet.
>"I'll pop back later if you need me. Or I can leave a tiny body here if you want if you need me earlier. Which would you prefer? If you don't want the pocket-sized body, then is there any time that will be convenient for you?"
>Is it our darkness that feels like it's being sealed or is it our connection to Shadow? Neither?

//We might need to go to the SDM or the Mountain depending on what's happening.
//Also we can probably get away with leaving a pocket/chibi Rumia behind considering we can sustain off of ambient darkness and because it won't have much upkeep because its small. Plus it would be temporary.

Contingency:
>Leave the ground once we've had our fill.

> Your shadow does not seem to respond.

> You're not sure if you could make a duplicate or minion out of someone else's shadow.
> You do get hungrier with her around, so you believe so.

> This loss has been more than what she took when you were trying to hunt animals.

> Reimu shrugs.
> "Hang on." She speaks, looking you up and down. "Did you tick anyone off recently?"
> Your darkness and you both feel fine. It just seems to be issues with your shadow.

> You emerge from underground.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 07:30:17 AM
Prime:
>("...Shadow?")
>Feel worried for our shadow's safety.
>"Eh? Why do you ask?"

Contingency:
>Does the portion of our shadow in the SDM or the mountain seem larger (factoring in the alleged seal if we can, or based on knowledge prior to the seal otherwise.)? One might be X's given what she said about generating her own shadow.
>Can we tell if the mountain presence of the shadow was near Sanae's Shrine or not?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 08:07:43 AM
Prime:
>"No."

>Raise our pointer finger
>"Wait, there was Chen."
>" Why do you ask?"

Contingency:
>Pop underground
>Head to the nearest location of our shadow
>Consume darkness on our way
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 09:08:17 AM
Prime:
>("...Shadow?")
>Feel worried for our shadow's safety.
>"Eh? Why do you ask?"

Contingency:
>Does the portion of our shadow in the SDM or the mountain seem larger (factoring in the alleged seal if we can, or based on knowledge prior to the seal otherwise.)? One might be X's given what she said about generating her own shadow.
>Can we tell if the mountain presence of the shadow was near Sanae's Shrine or not?
Prime:
>"No."

>Raise our pointer finger
>"Wait, there was Chen."
>" Why do you ask?"

Contingency:
>Pop underground
>Head to the nearest location of our shadow
>Consume darkness on our way
> Still no response.

> "Chen? Mm, obviously not. You'd be more affected if she got Yukari to do anything. No it just seems like someone cursed you or something." Reimu speaks.

> Your shadow doesn't seem larger.
> You believe it was near Sanae's Shrine.
> You believe the mansion and lake is closer, thus, start there.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 09:11:39 AM
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow
>"Cursed?  Why do you think I'm cursed?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 09:17:25 AM
> Your shadow doesn't seem larger.
>Larger, as in the context of: We sensed our shadow in two places, was one of those sensations "larger"/stronger/etc. than the other at the time? (Factoring in the alleged seal, or, if not possible, what we felt in the moment prior to the dulling.)
----------
Prime:
>Frown.
>"How so?"

Contingency:
>Belay that order and head to Sanae's Shrine through the darkness within the ground instead.
>Pop up somewhere out of the way where we won't be seen -- ideally on or near the shrine path -- and calmly head for the front of the shrine.
>Make sure we're in our small form when we do so.

//We started feeling the feeling from the Mountain presence first. The problem likely originated from there.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 10:04:08 AM
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow
>"Cursed?  Why do you think I'm cursed?"
>Larger, as in the context of: We sensed our shadow in two places, was one of those sensations "larger"/stronger/etc. than the other at the time? (Factoring in the alleged seal, or, if not possible, what we felt in the moment prior to the dulling.)
----------
Prime:
>Frown.
>"How so?"

Contingency:
>Belay that order and head to Sanae's Shrine through the darkness within the ground instead.
>Pop up somewhere out of the way where we won't be seen -- ideally on or near the shrine path -- and calmly head for the front of the shrine.
>Make sure we're in our small form when we do so.

//We started feeling the feeling from the Mountain presence first. The problem likely originated from there.


> You can't tell the difference between the two.

> "It feels like it. Not really like a seal."
> "Your cheat technique aching to get rid of it?" Marisa questions.
> "I'm wondering why they're there in the first place.

> You stop and instead, head for Sanae's shrine instead.
> Though you're interrupted midway there by... darkness you can't pass through?
> "Wow you're self destructive. Do I have to babysit you everywhere?" You hear X!Rumia. "Your shadow's in a pickle right now, and trying to see what it is yourself is just gonna get you in the same situation. You really don't wanna get involved in this, so... shoo. Oh and don't worry about the mansion either. I was just coming from there to deal with this. Things are fine there."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 10:32:36 AM
Prime:
>Shingyoku already left, right?
>"I'm wondering that too..."

Contingency:
>"Huh. I had a feeling one of the sensations might've been your piece of Shadow. Anyway, I'm well aware of the potential risks: If something bad happened to this body that it couldn't escape from, then I'll just dissolve it."
>"Also she's my shadow, so it's only fair that I come to her aid if she's in trouble. If you don't think I can handle it on my own, then at least let me help you, sis. She still technically belongs to both of us at the moment, after all."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 10:44:07 AM
Prime:
>"Is that so?"
>Frown

>"Cheat technique?"


>Wait, where is our ribbon
->Get the ribbon and examine it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 11:04:37 AM
Prime:
>Shingyoku already left, right?
>"I'm wondering that too..."

Contingency:
>"Huh. I had a feeling one of the sensations might've been your piece of Shadow. Anyway, I'm well aware of the potential risks: If something bad happened to this body that it couldn't escape from, then I'll just dissolve it."
>"Also she's my shadow, so it's only fair that I come to her aid if she's in trouble. If you don't think I can handle it on my own, then at least let me help you, sis. She still technically belongs to both of us at the moment, after all."
Prime:
>"Is that so?"
>Frown

>"Cheat technique?"


>Wait, where is our ribbon
->Get the ribbon and examine it
> Yes, he had.
> "What, so you're not in control of your shadow?" Reimu questions.
> "Yeah, Reimu's good at getting rid of barriers and seals with a cheat she knows." Marisa explains.
> "Not everything though."
> "Sure seems like it."

> You don't have your ribbon.
> "Both are still just your shadow. Which is why-..." You hear the other Rumia sigh. "Fine, go ahead and try to save your shadow."
> The darkness no longer seems to be blocking your way.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 11:07:50 AM
Prime:
>"Oh, her."
>Give a small shake of our head
>"No, not really.  She's been exploring Gensokyo on her own."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 11:15:20 AM
Prime:
>Blink.
>"Wait, you know about my Shadow? Well, since you asked, yes and no... She's my shadow, and she listens to me, but she's also sorta a separate entity. I've been letting her 'stretch her legs' and reacquaint herself with Gensokyo as long as she behaves. Something is happening with her right now, though. Not sure what, but I'm having another body investigate as we speak."

Contingency:
>"Thank you, sis. Though we can still go together if you want."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 11:36:56 AM
Prime:
>"Oh, her."
>Give a small shake of our head
>"No, not really.  She's been exploring Gensokyo on her own."
Prime:
>Blink.
>"Wait, you know about my Shadow? Well, since you asked, yes and no... She's my shadow, and she listens to me, but she's also sorta a separate entity. I've been letting her 'stretch her legs' and reacquaint herself with Gensokyo as long as she behaves. Something is happening with her right now, though. Not sure what, but I'm having another body investigate as we speak."

Contingency:
>"Thank you, sis. Though we can still go together if you want."
> "Uh huh..."

> The other Rumia doesn't answer.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 11:43:58 AM
Prime:
>"...so was that curse thing you were sensing about my shadow, or was it something else about me that I'm not aware of?"

Contingency:
>"Well... I don't know if you're still here, listening, but the offer's still open if you change your mind."
>Continue heading towards our shadow, but don't pop up next to her, instead, choose somewhere a fair distance away, out of sight from anyone who might be at our shadow's location, and assess the situation.
>If our shadow is in or near Sanae's shrine for whatever reason, pop up somewhere out of the way where we won't be seen -- ideally on or near the shrine path -- and calmly head for the front of the shrine.
>Make sure we're in our small form when we do so in either case.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 11:47:12 AM
Prime:
>"I'm telling the truth."
>beat
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 12:06:44 PM
Prime:
>"...so was that curse thing you were sensing about my shadow, or was it something else about me that I'm not aware of?"

Contingency:
>"Well... I don't know if you're still here, listening, but the offer's still open if you change your mind."
>Continue heading towards our shadow, but don't pop up next to her, instead, choose somewhere a fair distance away, out of sight from anyone who might be at our shadow's location, and assess the situation.
>If our shadow is in or near Sanae's shrine for whatever reason, pop up somewhere out of the way where we won't be seen -- ideally on or near the shrine path -- and calmly head for the front of the shrine.
>Make sure we're in our small form when we do so in either case.
Prime:
>"I'm telling the truth."
>beat
> "Probably the former."

> No response.
> You continue, getting near the area your shadow was at, but only emerging somewhere far enough away and out of sight, and in your small form.
> Before you even finish emerging in your small form, you realize that you're surrounded by white serpents.
> Within moments of the realization, darkness starts to envelop you. Or rather, your vision begins to fail.
> As does your hearing. And other senses.
> "You won't be f-" A feminine voice speaks further away, not from the serpents, before you can't hear anymore.

> The same begins to happen to the you at Reimu's Shrine. Though slightly slower.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 12:30:05 PM
Contingency:
>We don't need senses to act!
>Retreat into the ground (by remembering, based on our orientation, where down was, counting backwards from the time it takes us to emerge. Add an extra second or two for good measure.)
>If our senses do not return, travel, based on our orientation prior to sensory failure, in the direction we remember Sanae's shrine is from our location at top speed.
>If we're already too close to said shrine to get a reasonable distance away, head for where we remember the rough halfway point up the mountain is.

Prime:
>If Contingency is unable to get out of the effect, or once our senses are dulled by around 25%, dissolve Contingency to prevent further contamination.
>Regardless of above:
>>Partition a chibi body off our ourselves inside the ground below our feet and send it off in the direction of youkai mountain.
>>Absorb some of the darkness below our feet to replenish the loss.

Chibi:
>Travel towards Youkai Mountain through the below-ground darkness at top speed.
>Absorb darkness as we travel to both pay for our upkeep and to gain enough mass to shift into small form.
>Emerge, in small form, in front of Sanae's shrine.
>>If that is too close to be a reasonable distance away, then emerge twice as far as where Contingency was.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 02:46:00 PM
Contingency:
>Scream in panic, "I challenge you to a spellcard duel!"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 02:58:52 PM
Contingency:
>Scream in panic, "I challenge you to a spellcard duel!"
>Don't do this.
//seems like too panicky of a reaction. Plus they aren't even playing by the rules right now anyway.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 03:11:29 PM
Contingency:
>Dissolve this body

//Retreating via the Earth from a Earth goddess is a bad idea
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 05:59:38 PM
Contingency:
>Dissolve this body

//Retreating via the Earth from a Earth goddess is a bad idea
>Only do so if previously mentioned conditions (Unable to get rid of effect or Prime sensation loss at 25% or more) are satisfied.

//Getting rid of the body without making any attempt to shake off the effect could be interpreted as cowardice by X, since it's still possible she may be watching our efforts.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 09:22:53 PM
Contingency:
>We don't need senses to act!
>Retreat into the ground (by remembering, based on our orientation, where down was, counting backwards from the time it takes us to emerge. Add an extra second or two for good measure.)
>If our senses do not return, travel, based on our orientation prior to sensory failure, in the direction we remember Sanae's shrine is from our location at top speed.
>If we're already too close to said shrine to get a reasonable distance away, head for where we remember the rough halfway point up the mountain is.

Prime:
>If Contingency is unable to get out of the effect, or once our senses are dulled by around 25%, dissolve Contingency to prevent further contamination.
>Regardless of above:
>>Partition a chibi body off our ourselves inside the ground below our feet and send it off in the direction of youkai mountain.
>>Absorb some of the darkness below our feet to replenish the loss.

Chibi:
>Travel towards Youkai Mountain through the below-ground darkness at top speed.
>Absorb darkness as we travel to both pay for our upkeep and to gain enough mass to shift into small form.
>Emerge, in small form, in front of Sanae's shrine.
>>If that is too close to be a reasonable distance away, then emerge twice as far as where Contingency was.
Contingency:
>Scream in panic, "I challenge you to a spellcard duel!"
>Don't do this.
//seems like too panicky of a reaction. Plus they aren't even playing by the rules right now anyway.
Contingency:
>Dissolve this body

//Retreating via the Earth from a Earth goddess is a bad idea
>Only do so if previously mentioned conditions (Unable to get rid of effect or Prime sensation loss at 25% or more) are satisfied.

//Getting rid of the body without making any attempt to shake off the effect could be interpreted as cowardice by X, since it's still possible she may be watching our efforts.
> You submerge and try to head away from the area, but still can't feel anything.
> Thus, you get rid of your other body. In doing so, the loss of your senses seems to speed up. As if it were slower from having another body.
> You can't tell if you've created another body yet or not. You can't even tell if Reimu or Marisa has noticed anything happen to you.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 09:34:37 PM
//Well fuk.

Prime:
>Absorb a bunch of fresh darkness from the ground beneath our feet to dilute the contamination.
>Imagine our new sister giving us a smug 'I told you so' look. Use that as motivation to resist this! We're not going to give her that satisfaction so easily!

>"White serpents on Youkai Mountain. Did something to other body and shadow."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 09:44:02 PM
Prime:
>"Damn you shadow!"

>While absorbing darkness make a network of roots to increase the amount of darkness we can absorb

//I just know that Suwanko cursed Shadow and through Shadow us
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 09:49:20 PM
Prime:
>"Damn you shadow!"
>Don't curse shadow's name aloud. We don't even know if it's her fault.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 11:26:09 PM
//Well fuk.

Prime:
>Absorb a bunch of fresh darkness from the ground beneath our feet to dilute the contamination.
>Imagine our new sister giving us a smug 'I told you so' look. Use that as motivation to resist this! We're not going to give her that satisfaction so easily!

>"White serpents on Youkai Mountain. Did something to other body and shadow."
Prime:
>"Damn you shadow!"

>While absorbing darkness make a network of roots to increase the amount of darkness we can absorb

//I just know that Suwanko cursed Shadow and through Shadow us
>Don't curse shadow's name aloud. We don't even know if it's her fault.
> You absorb more darkness, though are still unable to tell if it does anything.
> You try to speak, but don't even know if you open your mouth, nor if anything comes out.
> You no longer can even tell if you're absorbing or using any darkness anymore.
> ...
> ...
> You finally feel... well, anything, again. The first thing you see is two women next to the other Rumia. And behind them, Sanae's shrine.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 11:32:34 PM
>Do we have any other bodies active?
>Reflexively check for the presence of a burning ribbon.
>>Exhale in relief if we find none.
>Are Reimu and/or Marisa here?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 11:37:27 PM
>Give a weak smile
>"Hey."

>Take a breath and let go of what remains of our pride and ego

>Turn our head to we aren't making direct eye contact
>"You were right."
>Take a breath then turn towards them
>"Thanks, sis."

//My ego and pride got shredded :(
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 08, 2021, 11:43:20 PM
//Wasn't going to speak until my actions were parsed but okay then...

>"...I guess this is the part where you say 'I told you so'?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 08, 2021, 11:54:27 PM
>Do we have any other bodies active?
>Reflexively check for the presence of a burning ribbon.
>>Exhale in relief if we find none.
>Are Reimu and/or Marisa here?
>Give a weak smile
>"Hey."

>Take a breath and let go of what remains of our pride and ego

>Turn our head to we aren't making direct eye contact
>"You were right."
>Take a breath then turn towards them
>"Thanks, sis."

//My ego and pride got shredded :(
//Wasn't going to speak until my actions were parsed but okay then...

>"...I guess this is the part where you say 'I told you so'?"
> You do not.
> No ribbon in sight. Or feel. Or even smell.
> Reimu and Marisa are not here.

> "To be fair, I underestimated them a bit, too." X Rumia speaks. "Probably would've been better for both of us to go in at once. If to split their attention. They made me angry though. Looking down on me because you're gods?" She looks to the two women. "Your attachments were part of your downfall, but this isn't the only way I could've ended it. Gods have weaknesses too, like their followers. So, would you like to apologize?"
> "We're sorry for our behavior to you..." One of the women speaks. "But not her. That other you almost k-."
> "Shshh." X Rumia puts a finger to her mouth. "It's complicated. Don't blame her. She's more oblivious to it than me. So if you can apologize to me, you can to her."
> "Fine... Sorry for having Mishaguji-sama curse you." The other woman speaks.
> "Can you return Sanae now?"
> The other Rumia seems to consider.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 09, 2021, 12:10:22 AM
>Is Shadow present and accounted for?
>Blink and turn to our sister.
>"Wait. You took Miss Sanae hostage? Sis, I respect you, but may I ask why that was necessary? She did nothing but help us the last time we met her."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 09, 2021, 12:21:47 AM
>lick our lips
>"Wha . . .What did. . ."
>Take a gulp of air
> "I do?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 09, 2021, 12:55:13 AM
>Is Shadow present and accounted for?
>Blink and turn to our sister.
>"Wait. You took Miss Sanae hostage? Sis, I respect you, but may I ask why that was necessary? She did nothing but help us the last time we met her."
>lick our lips
>"Wha . . .What did. . ."
>Take a gulp of air
> "I do?"
> "Uh, sorry...the Sanae thing is my fault. I'm working on making it right." You hear your shadow.
> "It's not exactly like that. I just had to get the chance to prove myself. And you didn't do anything. Your shadow might've, though."
> "She wanted a duel even while she couldn't feel anything. AND WON!" One of the women exclaims in an annoyed manner. "How does someone win a display of beauty when they can't see or feel anything."
> "I just needed darkness. You can't remove my connection to that." The other Rumia boasts. "No one's better with darkness than me."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 09, 2021, 01:03:13 AM
>Was shadow speaking aloud or in our head?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 09, 2021, 01:04:12 AM
>Was shadow speaking aloud or in our head?
> The latter
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 09, 2021, 01:18:56 AM
>("Care to tell me exactly what happened?")
>("...")
>("...I'm sorry as well, by the way. I tried to come to your aid, but I failed...")

>Smile slightly.
>"You know I'm a bit jealous hearing that, but I'm just going to use that as motivation to improve. Hopefully in time I can be your equal, sis. Or at the very least a close second."
>"...So exactly what happened here? I'm asking my shadow for her side of the story, but I'd like to hear things from your perspective as well. How long was I out by the way? For that matter, how did I get here? My last body was at the Hakurei Shrine when I lost awareness."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 09, 2021, 01:20:08 AM
>Try to imagine what kind of danmaku Sis used
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 09, 2021, 02:38:22 AM
>("Care to tell me exactly what happened?")
>("...")
>("...I'm sorry as well, by the way. I tried to come to your aid, but I failed...")

>Smile slightly.
>"You know I'm a bit jealous hearing that, but I'm just going to use that as motivation to improve. Hopefully in time I can be your equal, sis. Or at the very least a close second."
>"...So exactly what happened here? I'm asking my shadow for her side of the story, but I'd like to hear things from your perspective as well. How long was I out by the way? For that matter, how did I get here? My last body was at the Hakurei Shrine when I lost awareness."
>Try to imagine what kind of danmaku Sis used
> "I'd rather not. It wasn't my proudest moment. And don't worry about it." Your shadow responds.

> "You already know a bit of feeling darkness. You'll get back to it." X Rumia says. "And I brought you. Let's just say, your shadow's done worse than me just holding Sanae for the opportunity to duel them."
> It appears to be nighttime...
> You'd guess she used the spellcards you know already...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 09, 2021, 03:00:24 AM
>("Hmm... I won't pry this time. But please try to keep yourself out of trouble in the future. If something like this happens again, we may need to have a serious discussion regarding your privileges...")
>("Also, you're grounded.")

>"Ah. I assume you introduced yourself to Miss Reimu, then? Or did you just drag me through the ground in front of them?"
>Look to the women.
>"Also for whatever my shadow did, I sincerely apologize. She has been warned."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 09, 2021, 03:07:07 AM
>Naz
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 09, 2021, 03:29:35 AM
>("Hmm... I won't pry this time. But please try to keep yourself out of trouble in the future. If something like this happens again, we may need to have a serious discussion regarding your privileges...")
>("Also, you're grounded.")

>"Ah. I assume you introduced yourself to Miss Reimu, then? Or did you just drag me through the ground in front of them?"
>Look to the women.
>"Also for whatever my shadow did, I sincerely apologize. She has been warned."
>Naz
> Your shadow doesn't respond.
> X Rumia waves your question to her off.
> "Apologies don't cut it..." One of the women speaks.
> "Whatever. Don't go blaming others that look similar. Not her fault. Nor mine." The other Rumia says.
> "Yeah yeah..."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 09, 2021, 03:54:54 AM
>"It's the best I can offer given the circumstances, unfortunately. I honestly didn't even know anything was going on until I felt my shadow getting attacked."
>Glance at X.
>"So Miss Sanae is okay, right?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 09, 2021, 04:17:26 AM
>"Are you Sanae's family?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 09, 2021, 09:23:20 PM
>"It's the best I can offer given the circumstances, unfortunately. I honestly didn't even know anything was going on until I felt my shadow getting attacked."
>Glance at X.
>"So Miss Sanae is okay, right?"
>"Are you Sanae's family?"
> "Yeah, she's fine.
> "We are." The two speaks.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 09, 2021, 09:29:22 PM
>("Are you hurt at all, by the way? Sorry, I probably should've asked that first...")

>"Its nice to meet you then, though shame it wasn't under better circumstances."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 10, 2021, 04:44:44 AM
>("Are you hurt at all, by the way? Sorry, I probably should've asked that first...")

>"Its nice to meet you then, though shame it wasn't under better circumstances."
> "I'm fine." Your shadow speaks up.

> "Bad foot to get off on... My name is Kanako. This is Suwako. We're the gods here."
> "Pretty childish ones at-"
> "Look, we're not heartless. Of course we'll retaliate this much when such a thing happens." Kanako speaks.
> "Yeah yeah, I'm just teasing. Here." X Rumia brings up some darkness on the ground, to which Sanae appears to rise out of. "Give her some space to maybe calm down from the whole you two going on a revenge rampage against us, since it's clear she didn't feel the same."
> "A-Ah." Sanae looks around.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 10, 2021, 04:53:04 AM
>"I'm Rumia, though you probably already knew that from my twin."
>"Hi, Miss Sanae. Sorry we had to meet again under these circumstances. Are you okay? Also as I said to your family, I'm sorry for whatever my shadow did."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 10, 2021, 05:16:15 AM
>"I'm Rumia, though you probably already knew that from my twin."
>"Hi, Miss Sanae. Sorry we had to meet again under these circumstances. Are you okay? Also as I said to your family, I'm sorry for whatever my shadow did."
> "Uh, shadow? Wait, that was only your shadow most of the time?" Sanae blinks.
> "Don't worry, we won't start becoming plentiful like fairies or anything. I don't plan to, at least." X Rumia assures.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 05:42:34 AM
>Give Sanae a nod

>"Whoever sealed us would have a conniption over their part in this," Say to X.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 10, 2021, 05:45:49 AM
>"Yeah, even though she's connected to me, my shadow is a separate person, think of it kinda like symbiosis in a way. I, personally, haven't seen you since you sent me off to Miss Reimu's shrine. Thank you so much for that, by the way."
>Speaking of which, recreate Contingency out of sight within the ground beneath us. Absorb darkness from the ground to refill any hunger this consumes.

Contingency:
>Head towards the Hakurei Shrine.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 05:57:06 AM
>Don't recreate Contingency
>Instead eat the darkness surrounding us
>Have our darkness reach underground and eat the darkness there

//We get bad fuel consumption with another body.
//We might try shadow spikes that continously feed
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 10, 2021, 05:59:58 AM
>Give Sanae a nod

>"Whoever sealed us would have a conniption over their part in this," Say to X.
>"Yeah, even though she's connected to me, my shadow is a separate person, think of it kinda like symbiosis in a way. I, personally, haven't seen you since you sent me off to Miss Reimu's shrine. Thank you so much for that, by the way."
>Speaking of which, recreate Contingency out of sight within the ground beneath us. Absorb darkness from the ground to refill any hunger this consumes.

Contingency:
>Head towards the Hakurei Shrine.
>Don't recreate Contingency
>Instead eat the darkness surrounding us
>Have our darkness reach underground and eat the darkness there

//We get bad fuel consumption with another body.
//We might try shadow spikes that continously feed
> "I'd like to see them try." X Rumia smirks a bit. I'm getting a surprise ready for them, in case they ever try again.
> "Ah. So that's how long." Sanae replies.

> You decide against creating another self, and instead, just start taking in darkness from underground.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 10, 2021, 06:02:50 AM
>"I was actually considering dropping by to say hi before this whole fiasco happened..."
>"So how have you been?"
>Use the darkness we ate to recreate Contingency below us.

Contingency:
>Head to the Hakurei Shrine.

//We were fine with two bodies. Besides, always helps to have a fallback body in case something goes horribly wrong.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 06:08:25 AM
>Does Contingency use a lot of energy in shadow form?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 10, 2021, 06:59:26 AM
>"I was actually considering dropping by to say hi before this whole fiasco happened..."
>"So how have you been?"
>Use the darkness we ate to recreate Contingency below us.

Contingency:
>Head to the Hakurei Shrine.

//We were fine with two bodies. Besides, always helps to have a fallback body in case something goes horribly wrong.
>Does Contingency use a lot of energy in shadow form?

> It does seem to. Even being sealed didn't get hungry as quickly as you have been getting recently.

> "Uh well... almost dying, being glad I'm part goddess, still not getting the answer to what that darkness thing was, wondering if anything else crazy happened..."
> "Ah, that darkness thing was just her getting back into control after being unsealed." X Rumia answers.

> You start for the Hakurei Shrine.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 10, 2021, 07:16:25 AM
>"Ah yeah, if you're talking about the darkness covering the Hakurei Shrine earlier today then sis pretty much explained it. "
>"W-Wait, what?! Almost dying!?"

Contingency:
>Head to the Hakurei Shrine path and emerge at the top of the steps.
>Look around.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 07:24:16 AM
>"If you are talking about the darkness covering the other shrine. . ."
>"I was also asleep for most of it."

Contingency:
>Consume darkness while we're going to the shrine.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 10, 2021, 08:20:49 AM
>"Ah yeah, if you're talking about the darkness covering the Hakurei Shrine earlier today then sis pretty much explained it. "
>"W-Wait, what?! Almost dying!?"

Contingency:
>Head to the Hakurei Shrine path and emerge at the top of the steps.
>Look around.
>"If you are talking about the darkness covering the other shrine. . ."
>"I was also asleep for most of it."

Contingency:
>Consume darkness while we're going to the shrine.
> "Yeah. Sanae almost died." Suwako speaks, unhappily.
> "I see you've already practically moved on and are heading back. Hope they haven't left yet. Good luck dealing with your hunger through this." X Rumia speaks, then dives into the ground...
> "Heading back?" The two gods question.

> You arrive at the Hakurei Shrine, not having gained much due to the speed you traveled.
> Though no one seems to be immediately here.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 10, 2021, 08:46:49 AM
Prime:
>"I'm sending a portion of my mass back to the Hakurei Shrine. Since I assume when sis moved me here I was still directly in front of Miss Reimu and Miss Marisa so I should probably let at least one of them know I'm okay, as well as apologizing for effectively ditching them."
>"Also I don't know why she thought I was moving on from this, I can multitask..."
>Pout a bit, before giving Sanae a concerned look.
>"Anyway, are you okay? I didn't realize that whatever happened was that serious..."

>("I stand by what I said earlier in that I wasn't going to pry for details, by the way. However, that is my decision. I cannot control whether or not they end up disclosing what happened on their on volition. Please understand.")
>("Anyway you're still not in trouble, regardless of what happens.")

Contingency:
>Head down the shrine path.
>Knock politely on the door if we don't see either of them on the way.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 09:04:27 AM
>Naz
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 10, 2021, 09:46:37 PM
> "I'd rather not. It wasn't my proudest moment. And don't worry about it." Your shadow responds.

> "You already know a bit of feeling darkness. You'll get back to it." X Rumia says. "And I brought you. Let's just say, your shadow's done worse than me just holding Sanae for the opportunity to duel them."
> It appears to be nighttime...
> You'd guess she used the spellcards you know already...
>_


Prime:
>"I'm sending a portion of my mass back to the Hakurei Shrine. Since I assume when sis moved me here I was still directly in front of Miss Reimu and Miss Marisa so I should probably let at least one of them know I'm okay, as well as apologizing for effectively ditching them."
>"Also I don't know why she thought I was moving on from this, I can multitask..."
>Pout a bit, before giving Sanae a concerned look.
>"Anyway, are you okay? I didn't realize that whatever happened was that serious..."

>("I stand by what I said earlier in that I wasn't going to pry for details, by the way. However, that is my decision. I cannot control whether or not they end up disclosing what happened on their on volition. Please understand.")
>("Anyway you're still not in trouble, regardless of what happens.")

Contingency:
>Head down the shrine path.
>Knock politely on the door if we don't see either of them on the way.

> ( If you were here...did you sense a bit of the same painful sensation from here in the direction of the Mansion as well ,and,more importantly is it all "cured" now?)

> Could we re-locate or remember  exactly where that "bit of the same painful sensation" had been "echoing" from around the Mansion ?

> Is X Rumia heading for the Hakurei Shrine,or already arrived at,as well or instead somewhere else?Can we "familiarize"with each other "shadow-travel corridors or courses or pathways"?

// X Rumia reassured she has already taking care of that but virtuous  caution would not hurt,on the contrary... //

> Bow head and shoulders in a humble display of forgiveness and sigh with genuine remorse.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 10, 2021, 10:24:15 PM
> ( If you were here...did you sense a bit of the same painful sensation from here in the direction of the Mansion as well ,and,more importantly is it all "cured" now?)
>Don't say this.
// We did not recieve any information about what direction the pain came from.


Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 11, 2021, 01:04:55 AM
Prime:
>"I'm sending a portion of my mass back to the Hakurei Shrine. Since I assume when sis moved me here I was still directly in front of Miss Reimu and Miss Marisa so I should probably let at least one of them know I'm okay, as well as apologizing for effectively ditching them."
>"Also I don't know why she thought I was moving on from this, I can multitask..."
>Pout a bit, before giving Sanae a concerned look.
>"Anyway, are you okay? I didn't realize that whatever happened was that serious..."

>("I stand by what I said earlier in that I wasn't going to pry for details, by the way. However, that is my decision. I cannot control whether or not they end up disclosing what happened on their on volition. Please understand.")
>("Anyway you're still not in trouble, regardless of what happens.")

Contingency:
>Head down the shrine path.
>Knock politely on the door if we don't see either of them on the way.
>Naz
> ( If you were here...did you sense a bit of the same painful sensation from here in the direction of the Mansion as well ,and,more importantly is it all "cured" now?)

> Could we re-locate or remember  exactly where that "bit of the same painful sensation" had been "echoing" from around the Mansion ?

> Is X Rumia heading for the Hakurei Shrine,or already arrived at,as well or instead somewhere else?Can we "familiarize"with each other "shadow-travel corridors or courses or pathways"?

// X Rumia reassured she has already taking care of that but virtuous  caution would not hurt,on the contrary... //

> Bow head and shoulders in a humble display of forgiveness and sigh with genuine remorse.
>Don't say this.
// We did not recieve any information about what direction the pain came from.



> "Whatever happens, happens." You imagine your shadow shrugs.

> "I'm fine. Don't worry about it." Sanae says.
> "Yeah, I doubt she is worrying. Because we surely have more important things to do, and are standing around here with you to deal with what's happening while we have countless other selves happily gaining more faith." Suwako speaks, as she starts towards the shrine interior's entrance. "Gods can split themselves freely, so why waste time treating this seriously when we could be multitasking? She's probably used to this."
> "S-"
> "We don't want to hear it. You'll only worsen the situation." Kanako interrupts Sanae, following Suwako, at least until she starts down the mountain instead.

> You know on the Hakurei Shrine's door.
> No response.

> You can't tell where X Rumia is. Maybe she's too far?

> You only remember the loss being from the Scarlet Devil Mansion from what you recall. That, or somewhere around it.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 11, 2021, 01:19:25 AM
Prime:
>Wince.
>"Whatever my shadow did really soured their opinion of me, didn't it...? Anyway, seriously, are you okay? You told me you almost died!"
>Did pre-seal self have any plans for dealing with potential attacks from angry gods?

Contingency:
>Walk around the shrine looking for one or both of them. Do not enter the interior.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 11, 2021, 01:53:30 AM
>Have we ever had a first meeting like this where we were hated for something we didn't do or didn't know we did?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 11, 2021, 02:22:46 AM
Prime:
>Wince.
>"Whatever my shadow did really soured their opinion of me, didn't it...? Anyway, seriously, are you okay? You told me you almost died!"
>Did pre-seal self have any plans for dealing with potential attacks from angry gods?

Contingency:
>Walk around the shrine looking for one or both of them. Do not enter the interior.
>Have we ever had a first meeting like this where we were hated for something we didn't do or didn't know we did?
> You don't recall. Ah, there were a couple of people believing you made the scarlet mist incident with your darkness. Not many though, which feels a bit like an insult...

> "I'm really okay. But if I had to guess, they feel disrespected for you not giving this all of your attention. And maybe you saying you didn't realize it was "that serious"."

> You search around the Hakurei shrine... Neither of them seem to be around, however.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 11, 2021, 02:36:41 AM
Prime:
>"I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't giving this all of my attention. Being a sorta-hivemind is kinda a new thing for me... As for the other thing I genuinely didn't know it was a life-or-death matter until you said so. Sis stopped Miss Suwako from saying something earlier, plus Shadow would prefer not to talk about what happened so I honestly don't know all the details. But yeah, sorry if I seemed disrespectful in anyway."

Contingency:
>Wait patiently on the shrine porch.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 11, 2021, 02:41:44 AM
Prime:
>"I didn't mean to imply that I wasn't giving this all of my attention. Being a sorta-hivemind is kinda a new thing for me... As for the other thing I genuinely didn't know it was a life-or-death matter until you said so. Sis stopped Miss Suwako from saying something earlier, plus Shadow would prefer not to talk about what happened so I honestly don't know all the details. But yeah, sorry if I seemed disrespectful in anyway."

Contingency:
>Wait patiently on the shrine porch.
> "I did almost die, but it was because of an unintended accident." Sanae explains.
> "That was refreshing." You hear... Kogasa, you believe.
> "Eh? How'd you get back in the lake!? Weren't you inside?" Sanae questions.
> "That's also refreshing. Not as good as that chocolate was, though."

> You wait...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 11, 2021, 02:48:23 AM
Prime:
>"...So you mean my Shadow didn't hurt you, or...?"
>"Oh, and, hi... um... Kogasa, right?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 11, 2021, 02:50:56 AM
>"Kogasa!?"

>"Uh, before any more surprises, I thought it important Marisa and Reimu knew I was ok."

>"I'm not sure how Sis brought me here."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 11, 2021, 03:01:50 AM
>"Uh, before any more surprises, I thought it important Marisa and Reimu knew I was ok."

>"I'm not sure how Sis brought me here."
>Proposing a rephrase to:
>"Anyway, the reason I sent some of me out was to let Miss Reimu and Miss Marisa know I was okay. I tried to tell them that I was being attacked by those white serpent things before I passed out. I don't know how my sister brought me here, and she tends to be efficient and direct from what I've seen. So if she just yanked me through the ground with no explanation and my message actually got passed on, I have no idea how they would've reacted... I just didn't want to make things more complicated by having them potentially show up midway through and interrupt us. But I guess that's kinda moot now since it looks like your goddesses no longer want anything to do with me..."
>>Parse if Phil doesn't object.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 11, 2021, 03:31:21 AM
//Nope go ahead
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 11, 2021, 04:20:36 AM
Prime:
>"...So you mean my Shadow didn't hurt you, or...?"
>"Oh, and, hi... um... Kogasa, right?"
>"Kogasa!?"

>"Uh, before any more surprises, I thought it important Marisa and Reimu knew I was ok."

>"I'm not sure how Sis brought me here."
>Proposing a rephrase to:
>"Anyway, the reason I sent some of me out was to let Miss Reimu and Miss Marisa know I was okay. I tried to tell them that I was being attacked by those white serpent things before I passed out. I don't know how my sister brought me here, and she tends to be efficient and direct from what I've seen. So if she just yanked me through the ground with no explanation and my message actually got passed on, I have no idea how they would've reacted... I just didn't want to make things more complicated by having them potentially show up midway through and interrupt us. But I guess that's kinda moot now since it looks like your goddesses no longer want anything to do with me..."
>>Parse if Phil doesn't object.
> "Not intentionally. I don't think they'll... not want anything to do with you. But if they were deciding to base their first impressions of you on how you took this, I'd say uh... You did just as badly as was possible... No offense." Sanae explains.
> "From what I heard of this, I guess I agree." Kogasa adds. "But bowing was good. Overall still bad though. That was like loudly eating something while talking to a ghost that died of hunger." Kogasa crosses her arms, which still seem to be dripping a bit, despite her clothes being dry? "No explanation forgives that, since both gods weren't anywhere else. Were they?" Kogasa looks to Sanae, just in case.
> "I'm sure they weren't."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 11, 2021, 04:54:59 AM
>Wince
>"Ouch, that bad."

>What do we remember about how to respect gods?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 11, 2021, 04:56:59 AM
Prime:
>"Guess I really screwed this up, then..."
>Fidget.
>"...If you want me to leave, I won't blame you. It was kind of indirectly my fault this whole mess started to begin with, and it seems that everything I'm doing is just doing more damage... Plus you did almost die from whatever my shadow was up to, so I can't imagine you having the highest opinion of me right now... Only if you want me to leave, though... I don't wish to give off any more wrong impressions, so the decision is yours..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 11, 2021, 05:17:35 AM
>Wince
>"Ouch, that bad."

>What do we remember about how to respect gods?
Prime:
>"Guess I really screwed this up, then..."
>Fidget.
>"...If you want me to leave, I won't blame you. It was kind of indirectly my fault this whole mess started to begin with, and it seems that everything I'm doing is just doing more damage... Plus you did almost die from whatever my shadow was up to, so I can't imagine you having the highest opinion of me right now... Only if you want me to leave, though... I don't wish to give off any more wrong impressions, so the decision is yours..."
> "I know it was just your shadow, at least." Kogasa replies.
> "We all know it was just that, even Lady Kanako and Lady Suwako." Sanae says.
> "Anyways... I'm gonna go. It's late, and Sanae probably doesn't want me here, since I played a hand in that. And also interrupted the hat girl. Er, Suwako."
> "No, you're fine too. Even being the direct cause, it was an accident. But what was with Lady Suwako being in the lake?"
> "I wanted to clear my mind after the accident. She uh... got caught in it."

> You never really met many gods. You do believe they can split themselves off and be many places at once with no drawbacks.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 11, 2021, 05:25:53 AM
Prime:
>Listen to the conversation unfold as we await a yes or no regarding whether or not Sanae wants us to leave.

Contingency:
>Any sign of either of them yet? Or otherwise interesting activity?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 12, 2021, 03:49:52 AM
Prime:
>Listen to the conversation unfold as we await a yes or no regarding whether or not Sanae wants us to leave.

Contingency:
>Any sign of either of them yet? Or otherwise interesting activity?
> Sanae sighs. "I guess I won't question what clearing your mind was further... I'm tired from this day anyways."
> "Ah, alright then. See you."
> The two begin to split up.

> Silence...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 12, 2021, 03:52:54 AM
Prime:
>"Er... Goodbye, then? Thanks again for the help the other day, Miss Sanae. And again, I'm sorry for what happened."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 04:00:15 AM
Prime:
>Scratch awardly at of our head
>Glance between the two of them

Contingency:
>Float up
>Do we see anyone in the distance?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 12, 2021, 04:22:47 AM
Prime:
>"Er... Goodbye, then? Thanks again for the help the other day, Miss Sanae. And again, I'm sorry for what happened."
Prime:
>Scratch awardly at of our head
>Glance between the two of them

Contingency:
>Float up
>Do we see anyone in the distance?
> "Oh. Right. Sorry for all of this. Goodnight, and sleep well." Sanae rubs her eyes.
> Kogasa doesn't seem to be heading into the Moriya Shrine.

> You float up and scan your surroundings...
> Nothing comes to view. Well, there's some people playing with fire, actually. But you'd guess it's just fairies.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 12, 2021, 04:27:23 AM
Prime:
>Hesitate for a few moments before slowly sinking into the ground.
>If we are not interrupted during the process, head to near where Contingency sees the fire, emerge far enough away that anybody near the fire won't notice us.
>Note what we see.

Contingency:
>Once Prime is in position go back to waiting at the porch.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 04:35:54 AM
Prime:
>Also look for their shadows
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 12, 2021, 04:53:27 AM
Prime:
>Hesitate for a few moments before slowly sinking into the ground.
>If we are not interrupted during the process, head to near where Contingency sees the fire, emerge far enough away that anybody near the fire won't notice us.
>Note what we see.

Contingency:
>Once Prime is in position go back to waiting at the porch.
Prime:
>Also look for their shadows
> You wait a bit... before heading into the ground, and to the Shrine.
> You emerge far but still in view of the fire from your perspective.
> The fire seems to be from a torch, held by a fairy in a strange getup. Alongside some other people with the fairy is one you recall: that Ruukoto look-alike.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 12, 2021, 04:56:01 AM
>Ruukoto lookalike?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 05:01:55 AM
//I'm betting Mima

>Watch

>Are we getting a bad feeling?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 12, 2021, 05:23:51 AM
>Ruukoto lookalike?
//I'm betting Mima

>Watch

>Are we getting a bad feeling?
> You can't hear if they're saying anything from here.

> No.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 12, 2021, 05:29:29 AM
Contingency:
>Any sign of Reimu/Marisa yet?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 05:39:08 AM
>Examine the scene in front of us
->Does it look like a BBQ or a cult meeting?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 12, 2021, 11:27:27 PM
Contingency:
>Any sign of Reimu/Marisa yet?
>Examine the scene in front of us
->Does it look like a BBQ or a cult meeting?
> No.
> From looks, you guess it's not much of a BBQ With only the fairy having the flame...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 13, 2021, 12:02:06 AM
Prime:
>No BBQ
>And they don't look like a cult
->No solemn choir or matching

>Then all green haired people we've met have been nice

>Approach the duo
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 13, 2021, 12:06:21 AM
Prime:
>No BBQ
>And they don't look like a cult
->No solemn choir or matching

>Then all green haired people we've met have been nice

>Approach the duo
>In a non-threatening manner of course.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 13, 2021, 05:22:46 AM
 
> You wait a bit... before heading into the ground, and to the Shrine.
> You emerge far but still in view of the fire from your perspective.
> The fire seems to be from a torch, held by a fairy in a strange getup. Alongside some other people with the fairy is one you recall: that Ruukoto look-alike.
>_

Prime:
>No BBQ
>And they don't look like a cult
->No solemn choir or matching

>Then all green haired people we've met have been nice

>Approach the duo

>In a non-threatening manner of course.

//(Well this is also for the present but especially for the eventually higher-requirement future about " Rumia1+1+1   ,in the generally Advice+Apply basis) ->  the only ones visible and in-range really seem the ones of greater note BUT MAYBE truthfully there are possible ones of some note or increasing note : nearly-neighbour/hid-away/hard-spot/home-comer/visitor/observer/interest ;
 1st Appearance by Clownpiece with  "her own(Lampad) Torch of Madness in both Full-and-Restricted Night-Display' "...2nd by Mima ,who is on the "look-out list" by Shingyoku(s) and likely by the Sendai/Previous Hakurei Miko a bit too ...Other Greater Fairy/ies("visitors/hid-away/observer"?),in addition to "Clownpy",such At Least 1 or 1 Pair between Luna,Star and Sunny -"The 3 ("Mischievous") Fairies of Light ( and of " The Nearly-Neighbouring Hid-Away !")")...Aunn ("home-comer/observer"?)...? Shinmyonmaru ( "Visitor/hard-spot"?)...Suika("visitor/observer/interest"?)...? Aya,more rarely Hatate or another Crow Information-Gatherer Tengu ("hid-away/visitor/hard-spot/interest?")"...?//
 
> For First-Time Chance and Effect,for Safety and Valor and Association :No Focus on the Torch, Close Interaction or Alike Closer Ones... a Torch-Bearer Fairy , and not a fire one, especially in "Fairy and Extra" group , at night , within the Hakurei Shrine's bounds....?

> Also approach  gradually AND recognisably by staying in-view  by the Torch-Light,and possibly the Moon-Light,demarcation...

> ...is it just this new duo all along or are there a few other people( so a grouplet with the Torch-Bearing Fairy and the "Ruukoto-look-alike"  being the Closest&Most-In-Range)at the beginning or is the number is reducing somehow ...?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 13, 2021, 11:23:40 AM
Prime:
>No BBQ
>And they don't look like a cult
->No solemn choir or matching

>Then all green haired people we've met have been nice

>Approach the duo
>In a non-threatening manner of course.

//(This has True

//

//(Well this is also for the present but especially for the eventually higher-requirement future about " Rumia1+1+1   ,in the generally Advice+Apply basis) ->  the only ones visible and in-range really seem the ones of greater note BUT MAYBE truthfully there are possible ones of some note or increasing note : nearly-neighbour/hid-away/hard-spot/home-comer/visitor/observer/interest ;
 1st Appearance by Clownpiece with  "her own(Lampad) Torch of Madness in both Full-and-Restricted Night-Display' "...2nd by Mima ,who is on the "look-out list" by Shingyoku(s) and likely by the Sendai/Previous Hakurei Miko a bit too ...Other Greater Fairy/ies("visitors/hid-away/observer"?),in addition to "Clownpy",such At Least 1 or 1 Pair between Luna,Star and Sunny -"The 3 ("Mischievous") Fairies of Light ( and of " The Nearly-Neighbouring Hid-Away !")")...Aunn ("home-comer/observer"?)...? Shinmyonmaru ( "Visitor/hard-spot"?)...Suika("visitor/observer/interest"?)...? Aya,more rarely Hatate or another Crow Information-Gatherer Tengu ("hid-away/visitor/hard-spot/interest?")"...?//
 
> For First-Time Chance and Effect,for Safety and Valor and Association :No Focus on the Torch, Close Interaction or Alike Closer Ones... a Torch-Bearer Fairy , and not a fire one, especially in "Fairy and Extra" group , at night , within the Hakurei Shrine's bounds....?

> Also approach  gradually AND recognisably by staying in-view  by the Torch-Light,and possibly the Moon-Light,demarcation...

> ...is it just this new duo all along or are there a few other people( so a grouplet with the Torch-Bearing Fairy and the "Ruukoto-look-alike"  being the Closest&Most-In-Range)at the beginning or is the number is reducing somehow ...?


> You approach the two non-threateningly, while also trying to steer your attention away from the torch. Something else to think of...
> There are others here aside from the fairy, but the only one you've seen before is the Ruukoto look-alike.
> "Wandering quite late at night, huh?" One of the not not Ruukotos speaks.
> "Looks like a youkai. Maybe it's hungry." Another speaks.
> "None of us are human. So we have nothing for you." The torch bearer explains.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 13, 2021, 04:49:02 PM
>Open your mouth to retort that they have answers and we've just slept too long.

>Close it, it's been a long day no reason to potentially make it worse.

>Give a Shrug
>"I was merely curious as to what was occurring."
->"It doesn't appear to be a cult meeting."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 13, 2021, 09:02:34 PM
>"I'm not hungry. I merely saw the light and was curious about what was going on."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 13, 2021, 11:14:14 PM
>Open your mouth to retort that they have answers and we've just slept too long.

>Close it, it's been a long day no reason to potentially make it worse.

>Give a Shrug
>"I was merely curious as to what was occurring."
->"It doesn't appear to be a cult meeting."
>"I'm not hungry. I merely saw the light and was curious about what was going on."
> "A cult. Hah, we're what a cult would look up to."
> "Still, nothing here for you."
> "Now now, maybe she wants to get involved."
> "She doesn't even know about it, so that's impossible."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 13, 2021, 11:43:41 PM
>The ruukoto lookalike is the ghost lady from earlier, right? Or is it literally a carbon copy of Ruukoto?
>Head tilt.
>"So you're like some kind of Super Cult? Wouldn't you have more members if that's the case?"
>Gesture to the one who said we don't know about it.
>"And she has a fair point. Can't really join a cult or super cult if I don't know what they're all about. Again, was more curious about what was happening here, anyway."

>If the lookalike is the ghost lady:
>>Turn to her, "Hello again, by the way. I do believe we briefly met before? Sorry for the mistaken identity and misunderstanding earlier."

>Is shadow still with either of our bodies?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 14, 2021, 12:52:16 AM
>mumble, "Religion?  No.  Super Cult?  Is that even a thing?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 14, 2021, 02:05:18 AM
>The ruukoto lookalike is the ghost lady from earlier, right? Or is it literally a carbon copy of Ruukoto?
>Head tilt.
>"So you're like some kind of Super Cult? Wouldn't you have more members if that's the case?"
>Gesture to the one who said we don't know about it.
>"And she has a fair point. Can't really join a cult or super cult if I don't know what they're all about. Again, was more curious about what was happening here, anyway."

>If the lookalike is the ghost lady:
>>Turn to her, "Hello again, by the way. I do believe we briefly met before? Sorry for the mistaken identity and misunderstanding earlier."

>Is shadow still with either of our bodies?
>mumble, "Religion?  No.  Super Cult?  Is that even a thing?"
> "No no. We mean that if a cult is a group praising something, we'd be the ones they praise."
> "Forget it. She doesn't get it." The torch bearer says.

> You think the lookalike is the ghost lady.
> "Wait, you met her before?"
> "Just a bit. She seems to be a youkai with darkness powers."
> The group goes silent for a bit.

> Your shadow is still present.
> "Tell you what, if you can impress us, we'll sate your curiosity."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 14, 2021, 05:11:19 AM
>Have our darkness spread underground towards the group members except the ghost lady

>"Well, if you are certain you want me to."
>Have our darkness grab their shadows, except the ghost lady's, when we say certain
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 14, 2021, 09:23:34 AM
>Have our darkness spread underground towards the group members except the ghost lady

>"Well, if you are certain you want me to."
>Have our darkness grab their shadows, except the ghost lady's, when we say certain
> You spread your darkness through the ground and grab onto each of the group on cue.
> "Hm. That's to be expected of someone with darkness abilities. Though it's not very impressing." One of them responds. "A good attempt, but try again."
> "Wait, What did she do?" The torch bearer questions.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 14, 2021, 10:15:33 AM
>Physical description of 'miss try again'?
>Have our darkness holding the shadow of the one that told us to try again form a copy of our head and shoulders and have it emerge from said person's shadow, don't make it a separate body but instead keep it connected to us by a tendril.
>If additional mass is needed, absorb darkness from below ground. Not from the shadows directly.
>Once our secondary head is complete, have it speak:
>>"Is this more to your liking?"

>Wait for approval from another player.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 14, 2021, 02:54:04 PM
>Give the torch bearer a sad look
>"Ouch. There goes the mood setter."
>"Oh well, on with performance."

>Do following with player approval
->Have black wolves with red eyes crawl of our darkness near people's shadows but keep the wolves connected to us, have most wolves as living shadows with a few physical ones
->Have our darkness flow through the torch bearer's body and into her mouth
-->Using the fairy's voice say from her mouth, "Is this to your liking?"
--->Eat darkness as needed to fuel the show

//I don't know why I try to have Rumia come off as a performer.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 14, 2021, 08:14:14 PM
>Physical description of 'miss try again'?
>Have our darkness holding the shadow of the one that told us to try again form a copy of our head and shoulders and have it emerge from said person's shadow, don't make it a separate body but instead keep it connected to us by a tendril.
>If additional mass is needed, absorb darkness from below ground. Not from the shadows directly.
>Once our secondary head is complete, have it speak:
>>"Is this more to your liking?"

>Wait for approval from another player.
>Physical description of 'miss try again'?
>Have our darkness holding the shadow of the one that told us to try again form a copy of our head and shoulders and have it emerge from said person's shadow, don't make it a separate body but instead keep it connected to us by a tendril.
>If additional mass is needed, absorb darkness from below ground. Not from the shadows directly.
>Once our secondary head is complete, have it speak:
>>"Is this more to your liking?"

>Wait for approval from another player.

// I humbly do not have anything to constructively object/add/modify to those inputs //

> Still keep every and each possible visuals off The Torch as a precaution.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 01:38:04 AM
>Physical description of 'miss try again'?
>Have our darkness holding the shadow of the one that told us to try again form a copy of our head and shoulders and have it emerge from said person's shadow, don't make it a separate body but instead keep it connected to us by a tendril.
>If additional mass is needed, absorb darkness from below ground. Not from the shadows directly.
>Once our secondary head is complete, have it speak:
>>"Is this more to your liking?"

>Wait for approval from another player.
>Give the torch bearer a sad look
>"Ouch. There goes the mood setter."
>"Oh well, on with performance."

>Do following with player approval
->Have black wolves with red eyes crawl of our darkness near people's shadows but keep the wolves connected to us, have most wolves as living shadows with a few physical ones
->Have our darkness flow through the torch bearer's body and into her mouth
-->Using the fairy's voice say from her mouth, "Is this to your liking?"
--->Eat darkness as needed to fuel the show

//I don't know why I try to have Rumia come off as a performer.
// I humbly do not have anything to constructively object/add/modify to those inputs //

> Still keep every and each possible visuals off The Torch as a precaution.
> Miss "Try again" is definitely, from your observations, not, not Ruukoto, the ghost person. Maybe you aren't very hungry, but you aren't too eager to try and eat her yet.

> You make some figures out of darkness in an attempt to impress the group.
> You don't believe you can mimic the torch bearer's voice.
> "This isn't very different from a human using their hands to form shadow puppets. I'm starting to think she doesn't have what it takes."
> "Oh, maybe you should be a bit more lenient. It seems like she's trying her best, after all."
> "Why not try biting a chunk out of this fairy here?" The ghost questions. "That'd be pretty bold, and I'd be impressed."
> "H-Hey!" The torch bearer protests.
> "She wouldn't dare. This fairy's much stronger than the ones normally seen."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 01:48:54 AM
Quote
> Miss "Try again" is definitely, from your observations, not, not Ruukoto, the ghost person. Maybe you aren't very hungry, but you aren't too eager to try and eat her yet.
>This only makes things more confusing as all this is telling us is that it's one of the people who isn't the fairy or the ghost person, rather than a description of what they look like.
>Description of the appearance of everyone here.

>Look at the fairy.
>"I mean I'm willing to try since fairies respawn and all, but only if you consent to it. I'd rather not be needlessly cruel or garner a bad reputation after all."

>"I could eat a few of the trees instead if you'd all rather have me devour something... I could also bring a bit of Misty Lake here if you're interested."

Contingency:
>If there is no sign of Reimu or Marisa, sink into the ground and use our top speed to head to our fishing location under Misty Lake.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 01:59:22 AM
>This only makes things more confusing as all this is telling us is that it's one of the people who isn't the fairy or the ghost person, rather than a description of what they look like.
>Description of the appearance of everyone here.

>Look at the fairy.
>"I mean I'm willing to try since fairies respawn and all, but only if you consent to it. I'd rather not be needlessly cruel or garner a bad reputation after all."

>"I could eat a few of the trees instead if you'd all rather have me devour something... I could also bring a bit of Misty Lake here if you're interested."

Contingency:
>If there is no sign of Reimu or Marisa, sink into the ground and use our top speed to head to our fishing location under Misty Lake.
> You look harder, trying to get a better description.
> Only the ghost person is not made of meat... The... The one with the torch seems the least appetizing.
> You're not sure what the torch bearer says, but it doesn't seem to like the thought of being eaten.
> The meat-bags talk amongst each other. Or to you? It's nothing you can understand at least... The ghost seems to be riled up a lot by something.

> Neither of the two seem to be around. Thus, you head underground.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 02:01:41 AM
Quote
>Look at the fairy.
>"I mean I'm willing to try since fairies respawn and all, but only if you consent to it. I'd rather not be needlessly cruel or garner a bad reputation after all."

>"I could eat a few of the trees instead if you'd all rather have me devour something... I could also bring a bit of Misty Lake here if you're interested."
//Did these go through?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 02:04:55 AM
//Did these go through?
//Yes.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 02:14:34 AM
//Then, why, may I ask, did we not see the results of this? The physical description thing should've been based on what the character was currently seeing and therefore should not have necessitated "looking harder" and putting us into a hyper focused state.

//If we keep getting actively punished for something as simple as asking for more information (There have been a few other instances of such throughout the "Hime" quest series so far), I'm going to take issue with this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 02:33:41 AM
//Then, why, may I ask, did we not see the results of this? The physical description thing should've been based on what the character was currently seeing and therefore should not have necessitated "looking harder" and putting us into a hyper focused state.

//If we keep getting actively punished for something as simple as asking for more information (There have been a few other instances of such throughout the "Hime" quest series so far), I'm going to take issue with this.
//There have been no punishments for any of the actions taken by the players in this encounter as of yet. I shouldn't have to reveal such, but if it's necessary to get rid of the paralyzing paranoia here, I can bite the bullet. I hope I don't have to start saying "This character will do this next" and lay out an entire map of reactions to the players before actions are even taken...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 02:58:59 AM
>"Wow, tough crowd."
>"OK, for my next trick I'll make this fairy dissappear."

>Have our darkness pour out of the fairy's skin until she is covered
->Send her to the shadow realm! (Leave that blasted torch behind though)
>Create a hand with eyes in the shadow realm

>"Any place in particular you want the fairy let out?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 03:05:52 AM
I hope I don't have to start saying "This character will do this next" and lay out an entire map of reactions to the players before actions are even taken...
//Dude, you don't have to go to that extreme.

//Even if there isn't an actual punishment, it certainly feels that way from my perspective. It just doesn't make much sense for a simple request for information or clarification to what the character is seeing, which, might I add, would have no overall effect on anything aside from supplying us with useful information, to elicit such a response, especially since "looking harder" shouldn't even be required for information, that, from the character's perspective, is already there in front of it.

//Now, some may say "maybe this is actually plot related", and while I may be inclined to give some benefit of the doubt, as I said before there's been a precedent in this quest series for harmless commands being interpreted literally or even somewhat maliciously. (The "examine mokou causing her to narrow her eyes at us" situation from the previous Rumia Quest being an example. As even in your old quests asking to "examine" a person we just met was usually interpreted as "give us more details on what this person looks like" as was its intention.) So please forgive me for harboring a bit of skepticism.


>"Wow, tough crowd."
>"OK, for my next trick I'll make this fairy dissappear."

>Have our darkness pour out of the fairy's skin until she is covered
->Send her to the shadow realm! (Leave that blasted torch behind though)
>Create a hand with eyes in the shadow realm

>"Any place in particular you want the fairy let out?"
>Don't do this.

//Phil, can you please wait. There's too much confusion caused by the last parse right now, and I think doing this might be a bad idea anyway, especially since apparently we were too busy "looking" to know exactly how they responded to Rumia's offers, so this might agitate them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 03:38:58 AM
>"Wow, tough crowd."
>"OK, for my next trick I'll make this fairy dissappear."

>Have our darkness pour out of the fairy's skin until she is covered
->Send her to the shadow realm! (Leave that blasted torch behind though)
>Create a hand with eyes in the shadow realm

>"Any place in particular you want the fairy let out?"
> You have your darkness emerge from the fairy, covering her and "eating" her. Though not actually eating her. You're sure she isn't very appetizing.
> The torch is left behind. Which the ghost quickly extinguishes with a rod, speaking something.
> The others don't seem happy with this turn of events. But it's somewhat satisfying to see the torch die out.
> "Oh! That's right, I nearly forgot it does that..." One of the... The long haired blonde woman holds a hand to her face. It seems a bit clearer now.
> "You mean you did forget." The ghost frowns.
> "My my, we're sorry for subjecting you to that. It was completely unintentional." The redhead speaks. "Even despite being under the influence of her torch, you managed to do... well, whatever that was to Piece, not even killing her. Wouldn't you say she passes?" She turns to the blonde.
> "Hm... I'll judge that on what exactly she did to Clownpiece." The blonde speaks. "Do you believe she has already recovered enough to listen to us and explain?"

> The area and your head feels clearer without the torch's light being around, even with you avoiding it. You swear you were in a fine state of mind earlier, but it feels even better now. You would like an explanation yourself before you give them yours...

> You create a hand with eyes within your darkness void. The fairy seems too startled to speak at the moment. That, or maybe surprised.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 03:47:19 AM
//Fine. You're the QM. Let's just forget this and move on.

Prime:
>"Huh, my mind feels clearer for some reason."

Contingency:
>Head back to the shrine. Through the ground as darkness of course.

Shadow Realm:
>Can we see our fish floating in here with the fairy?
>Attempt to project our voice into this space:
>>"Er... Testing? Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 04:12:55 AM
//Fine. You're the QM. Let's just forget this and move on.

Prime:
>"Huh, my mind feels clearer for some reason."

Contingency:
>Head back to the shrine. Through the ground as darkness of course.

Shadow Realm:
>Can we see our fish floating in here with the fairy?
>Attempt to project our voice into this space:
>>"Er... Testing? Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?"
> "Of course it does." The ghost replies. "That fairy's torch messes with you. Especially if you look straight at it, which you at least seemed to avoid."
> "I get it... I'll tell her to be a bit less showy with it in cases like these." The redhead waves.

> You cut your path short and return to the shrine. You haven't noticed Reimu nor Marisa on your path yet, even near the lake.

> Yes.
> "Eh?! Did you eat me? Is this your stomach?" The fairy questions.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 04:33:14 AM
Prime:
>"Huh. So what was actually going on here, then? Was that fairy trying to get you guys to do something?"
>"Oh, and she's not dead, by the way. Talking to her now as we speak actually."

Shadow Realm:
>"No. If I actually ate you, you would be dead, or on your way to respawning in your case. Your body would be converted into more darkness to add to my mass."
>"This is more like an internal storage. You're actually the first person I've tried taking into this place, so I'd like to ask you a few questions. Namely if it hurts at all. I kinda want to use this to transport people eventually, so I'd want to make sure it's safe."
>"Also sorry for bringing you in without your consent. That torch of yours was kinda messing with my head for a bit..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 04:40:48 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"I'm actually trying different names for this place. I'm going with the Shadow Realm for now."
>"Do you feel cold, hot, or any weird sensations?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 04:48:55 AM
Prime:
>"Huh. So what was actually going on here, then? Was that fairy trying to get you guys to do something?"
>"Oh, and she's not dead, by the way. Talking to her now as we speak actually."

Shadow Realm:
>"No. If I actually ate you, you would be dead, or on your way to respawning in your case. Your body would be converted into more darkness to add to my mass."
>"This is more like an internal storage. You're actually the first person I've tried taking into this place, so I'd like to ask you a few questions. Namely if it hurts at all. I kinda want to use this to transport people eventually, so I'd want to make sure it's safe."
>"Also sorry for bringing you in without your consent. That torch of yours was kinda messing with my head for a bit..."
Shadow Realm:
>"I'm actually trying different names for this place. I'm going with the Shadow Realm for now."
>"Do you feel cold, hot, or any weird sensations?"
> "No, she's just used to that."
> "How?" The blonde questions. "Or, where, I suppose?"

> "No... nothing really. Just really dark. Ah, my torch. Uh, right, it's not good to ask someone to do something while I'm waving that in their face..." The fairy answers. 
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 04:59:10 AM
Prime:
>"Not sure exactly where it is, but I assume it's within me somewhere. It's some kind of pocket storage inside of my darkness, and I'm projecting my voice into it to speak with her. I'm calling it my 'Shadow Realm' for now until I can think of something better."

Shadow Realm:
>Do the fish appear to have rotted at all since however long ago they've been in here?
>"Okay, that's good to hear. Anything else that can't be attributed to discomfort from being in the dark?"
>"Oh, and where are my manners, my name is Rumia. What's yours?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 05:11:33 AM
Prime:
>"I. . .actually don't know where where she is is."
>"It's dark, it serves as a good storage, and I'm calling it the Shadow Realm for now."

Shadow Realm:
>Beat
>"The ghost lady told me the same thing."
>Say in a contemplating voice, "It does something to the mind."
>"Oh, your torch is back here. Not here, Gensokyo."

//Oh, a meeting of some of the most powerful people in Gensokyo.  Yukari, Hecati, Mima. . . Sis where are you?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 05:16:17 AM
//Oh, a meeting of some of the most powerful people in Gensokyo.  Yukari, Hecati, Mima. . . Sis where are you?
//Actually pretty sure the blonde might be Junko. Mima is guaranteed while Hecatia is likely though.

//But won't jump to any conclusions until we actually learn their names in-quest, because if the Ruukoto and Mokou incidents were anything to go off of, this is just as likely to be Yumemi, Chiyuri, and a random Tojiko holding a stick. *shot*
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 05:26:45 AM
Prime:
>"Not sure exactly where it is, but I assume it's within me somewhere. It's some kind of pocket storage inside of my darkness, and I'm projecting my voice into it to speak with her. I'm calling it my 'Shadow Realm' for now until I can think of something better."

Shadow Realm:
>Do the fish appear to have rotted at all since however long ago they've been in here?
>"Okay, that's good to hear. Anything else that can't be attributed to discomfort from being in the dark?"
>"Oh, and where are my manners, my name is Rumia. What's yours?"
Prime:
>"I. . .actually don't know where where she is is."
>"It's dark, it serves as a good storage, and I'm calling it the Shadow Realm for now."

Shadow Realm:
>Beat
>"The ghost lady told me the same thing."
>Say in a contemplating voice, "It does something to the mind."
>"Oh, your torch is back here. Not here, Gensokyo."

//Oh, a meeting of some of the most powerful people in Gensokyo.  Yukari, Hecati, Mima. . . Sis where are you?
> "So you took her to a storage of yours..." The ghost recaps.
> "Hm... that's impressive enough." The blonde nods.
> "Well, we said we'd sate your curiosity, Shadow Realm Youkai, so, it seems Clownpiece has been invited to a contest to see who the best fairy in Gensokyo is." The redhead explains. "She says it's important we follow her lead, if not the others, so we're playing along with her."
> "They're offering me to join, but I haven't decided yet. The ghost woman crosses her arms.

> The fish seem fine. They're even still squirming. You wonder if they're somehow able to breathe here, too.
> "My name is Clownpiece. I guess it doesn't feel bad. But there's nothing great about it either."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 05:39:45 AM
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow in interest.
>"The best fairy in Gensokyo, eh? Seems like an interesting title. Though the best at what? Overall? Strength? Wit?"
>"Oh, and I should probably introduce myself. My name is Rumia."

Shadow Realm:
>Do we feel any discomfort from actually having things in here?

>Make our head appear on our eldritch-eye-hand-thingy.
>Smile
>"Well it's nice to meet you. Hmm... Yeah, it is a bit bland in here, but then again it's not really meant as a long term storage for people. Though I wonder..."
>Concentrate.
>Attempt to form a small chair out of the darkness here.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 05:44:40 AM
>Do we know any fairies besides Cirno who would want that title?

Shadow Realm:
>Try to put a sphere if darkness with enough thickness to swim around the fish
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 06:02:01 AM
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow in interest.
>"The best fairy in Gensokyo, eh? Seems like an interesting title. Though the best at what? Overall? Strength? Wit?"
>"Oh, and I should probably introduce myself. My name is Rumia."

Shadow Realm:
>Do we feel any discomfort from actually having things in here?

>Make our head appear on our eldritch-eye-hand-thingy.
>Smile
>"Well it's nice to meet you. Hmm... Yeah, it is a bit bland in here, but then again it's not really meant as a long term storage for people. Though I wonder..."
>Concentrate.
>Attempt to form a small chair out of the darkness here.
>Do we know any fairies besides Cirno who would want that title?

Shadow Realm:
>Try to put a sphere if darkness with enough thickness to swim around the fish
> You've only met Cirno, Daiyousei, and Clownpiece, so that's about all you'd guess would want the title.
> "Clownpiece didn't seem to have much else to share aside from what we've said."
> "Introductions, right. My name is Hecatia." The redhead speaks, then motions to the blonde. "This is my friend, Junko."
> "Mima." The ghost gestures to herself. "I should probably get going. I've gotten all the details I could from this."
> "Well, feel free to join us when you see the competition. We already know my Clownpiece will win." Hecatia smiles.

> You do not feel any discomfort.
> You easily form a chair out of darkness.
> Then, a sphere around one of the fish. It swims through for a moment, before falling out the edge and onto the "ground" again.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 06:19:33 AM
Prime:
>"It's nice to meet all of you."
>"Oh, Mima, before you go. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but some two-in-one youkai known as Shingyoku apparently detected a powerful spirit near the Hakurei Shrine. I'm not sure if it's you, but I thought I should give you a heads up, since they did try to convince Miss Reimu to deal with said spirit earlier."
>Turn to Hecatia, " 'My Clownpiece'? "

Shadow Realm:
>"Huh, so this place does have gravity. Good to know."
>"Well if you want to sit down, there's a chair now I guess. ...Also I'm kinda surprised those fish are alive. I thought they died when I plucked them from the lake... Do you want one when I send you back? Evidently, It'll be fresh."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 06:27:22 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Try making a tank
->Put shadow water in with the fish

>"Be careful on your <insert direction of fish tank relative to Clownpiece>.  I just put an aquarium there.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 06:30:58 AM
//Hmm... if you do that though, we'll need new subjects for the food preservation experiment.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 06:36:39 AM
//I am curious what those fish will turn into the longer they stay in the Shadow Realm.

//We could leave one out for preservation
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 07:15:49 AM
Prime:
>"It's nice to meet all of you."
>"Oh, Mima, before you go. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but some two-in-one youkai known as Shingyoku apparently detected a powerful spirit near the Hakurei Shrine. I'm not sure if it's you, but I thought I should give you a heads up, since they did try to convince Miss Reimu to deal with said spirit earlier."
>Turn to Hecatia, " 'My Clownpiece'? "

Shadow Realm:
>"Huh, so this place does have gravity. Good to know."
>"Well if you want to sit down, there's a chair now I guess. ...Also I'm kinda surprised those fish are alive. I thought they died when I plucked them from the lake... Do you want one when I send you back? Evidently, It'll be fresh."
//I am curious what those fish will turn into the longer they stay in the Shadow Realm.

//We could leave one out for preservation
> "Yeah yeah, I'm watching out for them. Reimu doesn't scare me though."
> "But you're scared of this two-in-one youkai?" Hecatia questions.
> "That's no youkai. Part of it's something like an Oni, yeah. But the other part. That priest seems like an exorcist to fear." Mima turns to you. "I wouldn't cross him if I were you. Ah, but I'm not worried for myself. No one could get rid of me even if they sealed me." She boasts.

> "She's... sort of a follower of mine." Hecatia explains. "But I guess I'll be following her whenever this fairy business happens."

> You make a hollow box and place the fish in, filling it with darkness like water.
> It seems to work as water, as far as you can tell...
> "I'm good, thanks. Just... put me back with master and the others. Er, where I just was." Clownpiece requests.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 07:31:38 AM
Prime:
>"They apparently want to test me or wanted to."

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh, heh heh.  I almost missed that."
>"Sure."
>Pull Clownpiece out of the shadow realm and out next to her torch

>Pull one of the fish out of the tank and leave it on the floor
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 07:38:08 AM
Prime:
>"Huh, thankfully the priest seems to be the more reasonable of the two based on what I've seen of them. My concerns actually lie with the female half, she seems rather impulsive and violent. Though I'll keep your advice in mind."
>"Though I would caution against being sealed if you can help it. From my personal experience, it's a rather unpleasant feeling, having most of your mind and power locked away."
>Shudder in revulsion.
>Turn to Hecatia
>"A follower? Does that make you a goddess, then, or at least somebody very powerful?"

>"Oh, and also I'm going to try bringing Clownpiece back now."
>Have some of our darkness shift over to our side and expand to roughly the size of a door.

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh, sure."
>Form a roughly door-sized mass near clownpiece the same size as the other mass outside of the realm.
>Attempt to connect it to the other "door"

>"Try leaving through that. I want to see if I can make a door here. If it doesn't work, then I'm just going to dump you out, okay?"

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh, heh heh.  I almost missed that."
>"Sure."
>Pull Clownpiece out of the shadow realm and out next to her torch
>Don't do this yet.

//I want to see if we can make a door first.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 15, 2021, 09:38:45 AM
Prime:
>"They apparently want to test me or wanted to."

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh, heh heh.  I almost missed that."
>"Sure."
>Pull Clownpiece out of the shadow realm and out next to her torch

>Pull one of the fish out of the tank and leave it on the floor
Prime:
>"Huh, thankfully the priest seems to be the more reasonable of the two based on what I've seen of them. My concerns actually lie with the female half, she seems rather impulsive and violent. Though I'll keep your advice in mind."
>"Though I would caution against being sealed if you can help it. From my personal experience, it's a rather unpleasant feeling, having most of your mind and power locked away."
>Shudder in revulsion.
>Turn to Hecatia
>"A follower? Does that make you a goddess, then, or at least somebody very powerful?"

>"Oh, and also I'm going to try bringing Clownpiece back now."
>Have some of our darkness shift over to our side and expand to roughly the size of a door.

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh, sure."
>Form a roughly door-sized mass near clownpiece the same size as the other mass outside of the realm.
>Attempt to connect it to the other "door"

>"Try leaving through that. I want to see if I can make a door here. If it doesn't work, then I'm just going to dump you out, okay?"
>Don't do this yet.

//I want to see if we can make a door first.
> "Well they aren't going on a spree to exterminate everyone they can at least."
> "Maybe~" Hecatia responds.

> You make the shape of a door with your darkness, and do the same within your realm.
> "Uh. Alright..." Clownpiece starts to head forwards, in the wrong direction, feeling in front of her blindly.

> You deliver judgement upon one of the fish, dedicating the rest of it's life to waiting on the surface while so close to others of it's kind. It flops around in despair, you'd guess. It wouldn't be as dramatic if it were a seahorse, geez...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 15, 2021, 09:50:07 AM
Prime:
>"Hmm, in that case."
>Bow respectfully.
>"Apologies for not greeting you with proper respect, as if you are a goddess I had both no idea of knowing and am admittedly not well versed in the etiquette of interacting with deities. Well, there's also that torch to consider, but still."
>Is Shadow still with us?
>"Also she'll be out in a moment, was trying to see if I could make a door to my Shadow Realm that she could just walk through and kinda forgot that not everyone can see in the dark... Ehe..."
>>We're not blushing. We're not.

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh... You can't actually see in here, can you? Huh, guess I'm already taking the ability to actually see in the dark for granted, even though I only just got it back recently. Well, guess that's one flaw about this place."
>"Anyway, it's on your..." (Verbally direct her to the door, and get rid of the chair before she trips over it.)

Contingency:
>Anyone there yet?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 09:58:09 AM
Shadow Realm
>Form an arm
>"Here let me help."
>Have the arm tug the arm of Clownpiece's shirt towards the door
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 16, 2021, 04:45:25 AM
Prime:
>"Hmm, in that case."
>Bow respectfully.
>"Apologies for not greeting you with proper respect, as if you are a goddess I had both no idea of knowing and am admittedly not well versed in the etiquette of interacting with deities. Well, there's also that torch to consider, but still."
>Is Shadow still with us?
>"Also she'll be out in a moment, was trying to see if I could make a door to my Shadow Realm that she could just walk through and kinda forgot that not everyone can see in the dark... Ehe..."
>>We're not blushing. We're not.

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh... You can't actually see in here, can you? Huh, guess I'm already taking the ability to actually see in the dark for granted, even though I only just got it back recently. Well, guess that's one flaw about this place."
>"Anyway, it's on your..." (Verbally direct her to the door, and get rid of the chair before she trips over it.)

Contingency:
>Anyone there yet?
Shadow Realm
>Form an arm
>"Here let me help."
>Have the arm tug the arm of Clownpiece's shirt towards the door
> You bow.
> Yes. You're starting to notice your amount of darkness increasing and decreasing often, however.
> You aren't. Definitely. They wouldn't be able to see anyways, maybe it's too dark out here...

> You tug Clownpiece in the direction of the door, and she follows...
> Passing right through it, and not coming out on the other side in Gensokyo.

> The shrine vicinity still seems to be vacant...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 16, 2021, 05:50:52 AM
Prime:
>("Shadow, are you noticing these fluctuations?")
>Keep an eye on our darkness levels, replenish with darkness from below if it starts decreasing below the current average.
>"Hmm, so a door isn't feasible, oh well."
>Turn the door mass sideways and lift it off the ground.

Shadow Realm:
>"Aw, doesn't look like the door worked, alright, brace yourself, I'm going to drop you through the floor."
>Expel Clownpiece out of our realm through the floor, using the door mass in the clearing as the exit point.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 16, 2021, 05:55:35 AM
>Naz
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 17, 2021, 01:52:02 AM
Prime:
>("Shadow, are you noticing these fluctuations?")
>Keep an eye on our darkness levels, replenish with darkness from below if it starts decreasing below the current average.
>"Hmm, so a door isn't feasible, oh well."
>Turn the door mass sideways and lift it off the ground.

Shadow Realm:
>"Aw, doesn't look like the door worked, alright, brace yourself, I'm going to drop you through the floor."
>Expel Clownpiece out of our realm through the floor, using the door mass in the clearing as the exit point.
>Naz
> "They might be me. I'm doing some work with others." Your shadow responds.
> You move the darkness up and above the ground, then bring Clownpiece out through it.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 17, 2021, 02:30:21 AM
Prime:
>("Shadow, are you noticing these fluctuations?")
>Keep an eye on our darkness levels, replenish with darkness from below if it starts decreasing below the current average.
>"Hmm, so a door isn't feasible, oh well."
>Turn the door mass sideways and lift it off the ground.

Shadow Realm:
>"Aw, doesn't look like the door worked, alright, brace yourself, I'm going to drop you through the floor."
>Expel Clownpiece out of our realm through the floor, using the door mass in the clearing as the exit point.

Prime:
> Try to actually have a Shadow Arm pass through a Shadow Fold within the Shadow Realm and connected to the Outer Shadow Door in Gensokyo...

.>... and, if success, give a thumbs-up and the a wave to the group as if complimenting the. safe return of Clownpiece

>  " Others? Are  you maybe trying a some sort of  Darkness Regulatiing or Building. up of a Darkness-Based,or Shadow -Compatible, group-effort or team-project with. someonenes. we. know. or. someone's. new?? "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 17, 2021, 02:32:42 AM
Prime:
>("Alright. Do be careful, though.")
>Turn to Clownpiece
>"How did it feel like leaving, by the way?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 17, 2021, 02:45:30 AM
Prime:
>"Welcome back to the world of light."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 17, 2021, 02:49:00 AM
Prime:
> Try to actually have a Shadow Arm pass through a Shadow Fold within the Shadow Realm and connected to the Outer Shadow Door in Gensokyo...

.>... and, if success, give a thumbs-up and the a wave to the group as if complimenting the. safe return of Clownpiece

>  " Others? Are  you maybe trying a some sort of  Darkness Regulatiing or Building. up of a Darkness-Based,or Shadow -Compatible, group-effort or team-project with. someonenes. we. know. or. someone's. new?? "
Prime:
>("Alright. Do be careful, though.")
>Turn to Clownpiece
>"How did it feel like leaving, by the way?"


Prime:
>"Welcome back to the world of light."
> "A different project with different people, and the work's done anyway." Your shadow responds. "By the way, you've been with a Daiyousei recently, right?"
> "A bit blinding..." Clownpiece squints.

> You try to have an arm of darkness pass through from your shadow realm to Gensokyo through the darkness you still have.
> This seems to work...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 17, 2021, 02:55:49 AM
Prime:
>("I have. She seemed pretty nice. The woman she was with, Mokou I think it was, was interesting as well.")
>("If you've revealed yourself to them, tell them I said hi. If not then try not to let anything bad happen to them while you go about your business.")
>Retract arm and reabsorb the door mass.
>"Might be your eyes readjusting to the light, then."
>Tilt head.
>"So I heard from your friends here that you plan on becoming the best fairy in Gensokyo?"

Shadow Realm:
>Get rid of all darkness-made constructs except what's needed for the aquarium. This includes our eyehand thing.

Contingency:
>Any change?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 17, 2021, 03:22:12 AM
Prime:
>("I have. She seemed pretty nice. The woman she was with, Mokou I think it was, was interesting as well.")
>("If you've revealed yourself to them, tell them I said hi. If not then try not to let anything bad happen to them while you go about your business.")
>Retract arm and reabsorb the door mass.
>"Might be your eyes readjusting to the light, then."
>Tilt head.
>"So I heard from your friends here that you plan on becoming the best fairy in Gensokyo?"

Shadow Realm:
>Get rid of all darkness-made constructs except what's needed for the aquarium. This includes our eyehand thing.

Contingency:
>Any change?
> "I didn't. I overheard the guard fairies at the vampire manor say something about overhearing someone else say your Daiyousei said the non-fairies in the manor need to follow a fairy as a leader. I doubt that actually happened, but the guard fairies basically just told the main gate guard she needs to fall in line...Well, less 'told' and more 'timidly and politely asked', but you get the idea."

> You pull the arm back and get rid of the other darkness.
> "Less of a plan, more of I guess I have to." Clownpiece shrugs. "Better than letting someone else be the best."

> No one new has appeared. Nor anyone that you remember either.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 17, 2021, 03:34:02 AM
Prime:
>"I'm guessing Cirno challenged you."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 17, 2021, 04:15:39 AM
Prime:
>"I'm guessing Cirno challenged you."
> "Cirno? Oh, someone must've told her about this too I bet. I didn't even think of that." Clownpiece replies.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 17, 2021, 04:38:24 AM
Prime:
>"I'm a bit curious. Exactly what kind of best are you aiming for? Overall? Sheer power? Wit?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 17, 2021, 05:06:23 AM
Prime:
>"I'm a bit curious. Exactly what kind of best are you aiming for? Overall? Sheer power? Wit?"
> "I don't know. I guess they probably just mean best in general."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 17, 2021, 05:34:49 AM
Prime:
>Are we walking?

>("That sounds like it was quite the sight.  Still, there is usually a kernel of truth to rumours.")

>What do we know about the Fairies of Light and their goals.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 17, 2021, 08:41:43 AM
Prime:
>Are we walking?

>("That sounds like it was quite the sight.  Still, there is usually a kernel of truth to rumours.")

>What do we know about the Fairies of Light and their goals.
> Not going anywhere, no.
> You aren't sure if there are fairies with light abilities, but they probably exist.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 18, 2021, 12:35:01 AM
> Not going anywhere, no.
> You aren't sure if there are fairies with light abilities, but they probably exist.
>_

Prime:

> " What are the standards to win This contest? Particular Achievements to be reached?"

> ("Does the mention of Daiyousei imply any involvement in a certain "Fairy Contest?")
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 18, 2021, 02:23:31 PM
Prime:

> " What are the standards to win This contest? Particular Achievements to be reached?"

> ("Does the mention of Daiyousei imply any involvement in a certain "Fairy Contest?")
> "They didn't mention anything about a contest that i heard." Your shadow replies.

> "Hm? I guess just be the best fairy? Maybe beat all of the others?" Clownpiece considers.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 19, 2021, 01:22:19 AM
> "They didn't mention anything about a contest that i heard." Your shadow replies.

> "Hm? I guess just be the best fairy? Maybe beat all of the others?" Clownpiece considers.
>_

Prime:

> ("But you did met Daiyousei ,or someone close to her,did you not?")

> Is there a precise time and place where it is going to take place or is it based on encounters until there is a general acknowledegment ?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 01:46:06 AM
>"Please, lead the way."
>Follow Clownpiece
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 19, 2021, 02:29:19 AM
> ("But you did met Daiyousei ,or someone close to her,did you not?")

> Is there a precise time and place where it is going to take place or is it based on encounters until there is a general acknowledegment ?
>"Please, lead the way."
>Follow Clownpiece
> "I just overheard some guard fairies at the mansion talking about it. Sounded like none of them had heard it directly from her, either." Your shadow responds.

> "I don't know. And lead the way? Where? Are you choosing me as your fairy to follow?" Clownpiece questions.
> "I think it's fine for her to join us." Hecatia adds.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 02:56:56 AM
>Nod
>"Yes.  I want to root for you during your challenges to prove your the best fairy."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 19, 2021, 03:02:43 AM
> "I just overheard some guard fairies at the mansion talking about it. Sounded like none of them had heard it directly from her, either." Your shadow responds.

> "I don't know. And lead the way? Where? Are you choosing me as your fairy to follow?" Clownpiece questions.
> "I think it's fine for her to join us." Hecatia adds.
>_

// Feel free to point out any disagreements and countermand //

Prime :

> ( "Well,if you are interested, I am choosing a ' fairy to follow ' right now ,who is already alongside a few others,  and I could mediate for you to them...")

> " Thanks for your consideration,and yes,I would like that if you let me "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2021, 03:05:18 AM
Prime:
>Shrug.
>"What can I say, you interest me."

Contingency:
>Contact?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 19, 2021, 04:43:55 AM
>Nod
>"Yes.  I want to root for you during your challenges to prove your the best fairy."
// Feel free to point out any disagreements and countermand //

Prime :

> ( "Well,if you are interested, I am choosing a ' fairy to follow ' right now ,who is already alongside a few others,  and I could mediate for you to them...")

> " Thanks for your consideration,and yes,I would like that if you let me "
Prime:
>Shrug.
>"What can I say, you interest me."

Contingency:
>Contact?
> "I'm good for now, thanks. The offer is appreciated, though." Your shadow responds.
> "Huh. Alright then. Good choice." Clownpiece smiles. "No switching sides midway or anything either!"

> Nothing. You can see Mima passing by here in the distance, but otherwise, there's nothing happening at the shrine.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2021, 04:55:20 AM
Prime:
>Smile as well.
>"Of course. It would be poor form if I did that anyway."
>"So, where do we start?"

Contingency:
>Wave at Mima.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 19, 2021, 05:03:30 AM
> "I'm good for now, thanks. The offer is appreciated, though." Your shadow responds.
> "Huh. Alright then. Good choice." Clownpiece smiles. "No switching sides midway or anything either!"

> Nothing. You can see Mima passing by here in the distance, but otherwise, there's nothing happening at the shrine.
>_

// We should tell them about "Shadow" and " X Rumia" as to no fall unto misunderstandings,right?//

Prime:

> (Are you going to watch over that new project alongside with your new friends for a while,then?)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2021, 05:10:39 AM
//Oh yeah, I actually did want to bring up X at least. Thx for reminding me.

Prime:
>In addition to previous actions:
>>"Oh, by the way, I think you should know something if I'm going to be helping you out."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 19, 2021, 05:12:59 AM
Prime:
>Smile as well.
>"Of course. It would be poor form if I did that anyway."
>"So, where do we start?"

Contingency:
>Wave at Mima.
// We should tell them about "Shadow" and " X Rumia" as to no fall unto misunderstandings,right?//

Prime:

> (Are you going to watch over that new project alongside with your new friends for a while,then?)
//Oh yeah, I actually did want to bring up X at least. Thx for reminding me.

Prime:
>In addition to previous actions:
>>"Oh, by the way, I think you should know something if I'm going to be helping you out."
> "No, that project's done. I'm off to do other things now." Your shadow replies.

> "I don't know... I guess we go after other fairies if they have followers? That sounds like it'd be a contest."
> "Oh? What is it?"

> You wave.
> "Still here? What are you loitering around for?" Mima questions.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2021, 05:44:02 AM
Prime:
>"I have a twin sister. I don't know if she'll be interested in the fairy contest, but just in case she is I thought it would be a good idea to let you know, just so that you don't mistake her for me if we bump into her. She usually looks like me, but more mature and with long hair."
>"Just wanted to give you a heads up."

Contingency:
>"I owe a debt to Miss Reimu that I intend to pay off, plus there was a bit of an incident earlier where as far as I know I abruptly vanished in front of her, so I thought it would be best to wait here in case she comes back. ...Or comes out if she's inside sleeping."
>"My nature lets me be in two places at once anyway, so it's not like I'm wasting time doing this while my primary body does other things."
>"Plus it's not like I actually have any place to go, either."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 19, 2021, 06:04:25 AM
Prime:
>"I have a twin sister. I don't know if she'll be interested in the fairy contest, but just in case she is I thought it would be a good idea to let you know, just so that you don't mistake her for me if we bump into her. She usually looks like me, but more mature and with long hair."
>"Just wanted to give you a heads up."

Contingency:
>"I owe a debt to Miss Reimu that I intend to pay off, plus there was a bit of an incident earlier where as far as I know I abruptly vanished in front of her, so I thought it would be best to wait here in case she comes back. ...Or comes out if she's inside sleeping."
>"My nature lets me be in two places at once anyway, so it's not like I'm wasting time doing this while my primary body does other things."
>"Plus it's not like I actually have any place to go, either."
> "A... twin? Okay..."
> "We'll keep a look out for her. I hope she doesn't end up an enemy." Hecatia speaks.

> "Well, you'll be there all the way to morning. Good luck with that." Mima continues on.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2021, 06:15:36 AM
Prime:
>"Well if you want to be technical she's more like a separate personality that became her own entity but I consider her a sister regardless."
>Turn to Hecatia.
>"But yeah, hopefully she won't."

Contingency:
>"So if you don't mind me asking... What's your relation to Miss Reimu? I remember you were trying to help her and wake her up earlier, so I'm just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 06:33:18 AM
Prime
>"Or I'm a shell that developed into a separate being."

>"Long story, I don't remember the details of, short, someone sealed the youkai of darkness and now there is my sister and me."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 19, 2021, 06:38:10 AM
Prime:
>"Well if you want to be technical she's more like a separate personality that became her own entity but I consider her a sister regardless."
>Turn to Hecatia.
>"But yeah, hopefully she won't."

Contingency:
>"So if you don't mind me asking... What's your relation to Miss Reimu? I remember you were trying to help her and wake her up earlier, so I'm just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."
Prime
>"Or I'm a shell that developed into a separate being."

>"Long story, I don't remember the details of, short, someone sealed the youkai of darkness and now there is my sister and me."
> "Well, either way, we have you on our side now. If there's a different you, then we'll be fine since you know you, you know?"

> Mima doesn't seem to stop her departure.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 07:06:40 AM
Prime
>Nod
>"Yes."

Contingency
>So, private

>Head over to the trees in front of the shrine
->Use our darkness to make a hammock and rest in it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2021, 07:27:12 AM
>Head over to the trees in front of the shrine
->Use our darkness to make a hammock and rest in it
>Don't do this if maintaining said hammock has a noticeable affect on our hunger upkeep.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 19, 2021, 07:30:42 AM
Prime
>Nod
>"Yes."

Contingency
>So, private

>Head over to the trees in front of the shrine
->Use our darkness to make a hammock and rest in it
>Don't do this if maintaining said hammock has a noticeable affect on our hunger upkeep.
> "Good."

> You make a hammock out of darkness with the trees, doing as only you would be able to.
> It's not that much to make it. It's much, much less than just being here is on your reserves, even.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 19, 2021, 11:18:13 PM
Prime:
>"So now what?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 11:25:55 PM
>Muse on the nature of darkness
>It isn't the absence of light or we could control light
>Our darkness isn't destroyed by light
->Does the light hide darkness?

Contingency:
>Try using our magical darkness to push the regular darkness
>Then try pushing the regular darkness together at a point in space
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 12:49:32 AM
Prime:
>"So now what?"
>Muse on the nature of darkness
>It isn't the absence of light or we could control light
>Our darkness isn't destroyed by light
->Does the light hide darkness?

Contingency:
>Try using our magical darkness to push the regular darkness
>Then try pushing the regular darkness together at a point in space
> "We can look for more followers. Or beat other fairies. Since beating others will surely make me the best... I think."
> "Well then, since you've been in Gensokyo for quite a while, are there any places we should go next?" Hecatia questions.
> Clownpiece thinks, seemingly with no ideas...

> You try to use your darkness to push the regular darkness around... Then try to push it together.
> You can't seem to get much in a single point...

> The "other things" your shadow was off to do seem to be related to your Shadow Realm, as you notice quite a bit of fuss going on.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 12:54:41 AM
>Form an eye inside the shadow realm to investigate

Prime:
>Glance at Clownpiece expectantly.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 01:20:54 AM
>Form an eye inside the shadow realm to investigate

Prime:
>Glance at Clownpiece expectantly.
> You form an eye within your shadow realm and tune in more.
> "H-Hey, it looks like it was just a misunderstanding." Someone like Aya, you believe they're Tengu, tries to speak. "Like how some gods take a form that... ah... Forget it." The Tengu sighs. "I'm guessing she won't get anywhere?"
> There are a few Tengu in here. The one that just spoke, 3 unconscious ones, and one that is... trying to fly off somewhere in here.
> Your shadow is also present, though appearing similar in appearance to the Tengu that was speaking. It also looks incredibly weak. Have you been depriving your shadow of energy somehow?

> "Well, I know places a bit... But not who is there and all. So I don't know of where to get recruits." Clownpiece shrugs.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 01:34:17 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Don't say a word.
>Keep watching, but prepare to intervene if necessary.

Prime:
>"So we're just going with the flow then, I take it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 01:41:33 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Don't say a word.
>Keep watching, but prepare to intervene if necessary.

Prime:
>"So we're just going with the flow then, I take it?"
> "Probably not, but today has been full of surprises." Your shadow speaks. "If she really wants to leave, I'll let her out. I just don't think it's a good idea yet...Hmm, maybe I should have changed to look like her instead?"
> "I don't think that would've made a difference..." The Tengu replies.

> "I guess..."
> "I suppose we'll need to prepare for if other fairies attack us then?"
> "Oh, maybe. I mean, it's you, Master. And even Master's friend. Who on Earth can beat us three?" Clownpiece questions.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 01:53:12 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Do any of the unconscious Tengu appear to be seriously injured at all?

Prime:
>We do have our spellcards, yes?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 20, 2021, 01:58:10 AM
Shadow Realm:
>How are our fish?

>Are they all bird tengu
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 02:25:44 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Do any of the unconscious Tengu appear to be seriously injured at all?

Prime:
>We do have our spellcards, yes?
Shadow Realm:
>How are our fish?

>Are they all bird tengu
> You have your spellcards, yes.

> They do appear injured. Enough to be knocked out, at least. You don't know how bad it is given they're Tengu.
> The fish are still in the cube, and still seem to be fine.
> The tengu are indeed bird tengu.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 02:30:22 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Continue observing the conversation.
>Manifest another eye near the fleeing tengu and use it to tail them.

Prime:
>"I mean considering spellcard laws exist, duels have the potential to go either way."
>"So do you have a base of operations yet, Clownpiece? Or would that not be necessary for the purposes of the contest?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 02:55:06 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Continue observing the conversation.
>Manifest another eye near the fleeing tengu and use it to tail them.

Prime:
>"I mean considering spellcard laws exist, duels have the potential to go either way."
>"So do you have a base of operations yet, Clownpiece? Or would that not be necessary for the purposes of the contest?"
> You start to manifest another eye near the Tengu, however, they suddenly return back to the rest of the group.
> "I'll save you the effort, miss. That's not going to work. I'm sorry for scaring you, though...I just wanted to give you a face to talk to." Your shadow explains.
> "It's better to have a mysterious voice than to someone impersonating someone you know." The runaway Tengu looks around, seemingly wondering how she got back.

> "We don't..." Junko finally speaks up.
> "Who knows, it might end up being useful to also keep on the move." Hecatia advises.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 02:58:40 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Are the unconscious tengu bleeding, or are the injuries consistent with spellcard combat?
>Continue to observe.

Contingency:
>Recline on hammock and gaze upon the stars.

Prime:
>"True."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 03:20:35 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Are the unconscious tengu bleeding, or are the injuries consistent with spellcard combat?
>Continue to observe.

Contingency:
>Recline on hammock and gaze upon the stars.

Prime:
>"True."
> From your observations, the former. You can't tell if it's just scratches or worse, however.
> "Oh, wait, I know. How about this, then?" Your shadow speaks.
> The created Tengu body is dissolved, and in exchange, the appearance of a long haired redhead, different than Hecatia, is created. This one, with wings!
> "That's better at least..." The tengu replies.
> The other awake one nods.

> You relax on the hammock you've made.

> "So we're back on the question of where to go first... Uh... The shrine?"
> "I suppose we're already close enough. But if we want to see anyone, that'll need to wait until morning, likely."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 03:27:26 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Do we have any medical knowledge from before we were sealed?
>Has past us ever treated injuries with darkness?
>Are they bat wings, fairy wings, or feathered wings? Blob of darkness wings?
>Do we remember if our shadow has taken on this appearance before? If so is it her "default form"?

Prime:
>"Yeah, aside from me there's nobody outside at the shrine right now."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 20, 2021, 03:37:34 AM
Prime:
>"The fairies that would want the title, we could visit their homes."
>"Another idea is throw danmaku in the air and see if that draws anyone to us.

Shadow Realm:
>If there is any blood on the 'floor' try a taste of it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 03:46:30 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Do we have any medical knowledge from before we were sealed?
>Has past us ever treated injuries with darkness?
>Are they bat wings, fairy wings, or feathered wings? Blob of darkness wings?
>Do we remember if our shadow has taken on this appearance before? If so is it her "default form"?

Prime:
>"Yeah, aside from me there's nobody outside at the shrine right now."
Prime:
>"The fairies that would want the title, we could visit their homes."
>"Another idea is throw danmaku in the air and see if that draws anyone to us.

Shadow Realm:
>If there is any blood on the 'floor' try a taste of it.

> You do not.
> Not anyone else's.
> They seem a bit like bat wings.
> You've never seen your shadow take on this appearance before.
> You don't notice any blood on the ground here.

> "Okay, good. Anyway, uh, I think I see some buildings in the distance, but...they look like they have a good number of fairies inside them." Your shadow speaks.
> "A-Already? Right... they're really fast. But to think it's already getting overrun..."
> "Surely they'll be driven out sooner or later." The other Tengu speaks.

> "I don't know any- oh wait. I know two. That ice fairy lives at the Misty Lake. And those three that are always in a trio live in a tree near Reimu's shrine. They're strong, so I bet they'll try to get in on this." Clownpiece says.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 03:51:48 AM
Prime:
>"Ice fairy.... That's Cirno, isn't it? I've heard of her. Don't know anything about the other three though."

Shadow Realm:
>Wait what? Since when do we have buildings in here?
>Send a couple eyes to scout out the "edges" of the shadow realm.

//Do you think we involve ourselves in our Shadow's business at this point?
//If you think we should then I'll probably politely interrupt their conversation.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 20, 2021, 04:02:23 AM
>Where do we feel Shadow is?

>Would it reflect badly on the shrine if we're seen doing nothing for the tengu or watch the chaos?

//I'd say we should politely ask if Shadow needs any help with her project.

//It kinda sounds like fairies are overrunning tengu buildings.  Tempted to go there and watch the show
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 04:21:55 AM
Prime:
>"Ice fairy.... That's Cirno, isn't it? I've heard of her. Don't know anything about the other three though."

Shadow Realm:
>Wait what? Since when do we have buildings in here?
>Send a couple eyes to scout out the "edges" of the shadow realm.

//Do you think we involve ourselves in our Shadow's business at this point?
//If you think we should then I'll probably politely interrupt their conversation.
>Where do we feel Shadow is?

>Would it reflect badly on the shrine if we're seen doing nothing for the tengu or watch the chaos?

//I'd say we should politely ask if Shadow needs any help with her project.

//It kinda sounds like fairies are overrunning tengu buildings.  Tempted to go there and watch the show
> "I think they call themselves the Fairies of Light. A light controlling one, a sound controlling one, and I think a night controlling one. No wait, the sound one was stronger at night. I don't remember about the third, then." Clownpiece explains.

> You scout out further in the shadow realm, but don't notice anything out of place in here. Just darkness, as it usually is.
> Your shadow feels like it's on Prime. But also in the Shadow Realm, though only in that redhead's place.
> It feels like something of yours might be much further away, but it's not very noticeable, even when turning your focuses to it. You can't pinpoint where nor whether or not it's just some darkness you left behind, your shadow, or X Rumia.
> "How are you two holding up, anyway? Do you think you could handle springing a surprise counterattack if I manage to find one or two off on their own?" Your shadow asks.
> "We were the ones that got surprise attacked there. I don't think we'll manage anything if the roles were swapped... Even if these three were up, too."

> You doubt you'd get reprimanded for not helping someone. From your experience with Shingyoku, you believe that Reimu would rather let strangers deal with issues than take them up herself.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 04:31:14 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Continue to observe.
>Speak with Shadow over our link: ("Pardon the interruption, but would you like any help with your little personal project?")

Prime:
>"A light controlling fairy, huh... I wonder if my darkness would take precedence if we had to deal with her... Unless you plan on recruiting them."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 20, 2021, 04:39:41 AM
>Naz
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 05:11:55 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Continue to observe.
>Speak with Shadow over our link: ("Pardon the interruption, but would you like any help with your little personal project?")

Prime:
>"A light controlling fairy, huh... I wonder if my darkness would take precedence if we had to deal with her... Unless you plan on recruiting them."
>Naz
> "If you have any ideas for how to deal with super-powered fairies that can outrace tengu and sink into the ground, I wouldn't say no." Shadow replies to you, then speaks aloud. "Well, you gotta get your homes back somehow. What other options are there?"
> "...Get them to start infighting?" One of the tengu suggests.
> "We could also try that shrine on the mountain for help..."

> "I don't know. I haven't seen much of yours."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 09:32:04 AM
>("I feel like I'm missing a lot of context here. What's this about superpowered fairies now? And I assume those tengu you're keeping in the Shadow Realm are your friends?")

Shadow Realm:
>Continue to observe.

Prime:
>"Well I'd be more than happy to give more demonstrations if you need them."

Contingency:
>Any activity?
>Do we know any constellations? If so do we see any in the sky right now?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 20, 2021, 09:58:17 AM
>("I feel like I'm missing a lot of context here. What's this about superpowered fairies now? And I assume those tengu you're keeping in the Shadow Realm are your friends?")

Shadow Realm:
>Continue to observe.

Prime:
>"Well I'd be more than happy to give more demonstrations if you need them."

Contingency:
>Any activity?
>Do we know any constellations? If so do we see any in the sky right now?
> "Not exactly. But we aren't enemies. I dont understand what's up with this Tengu Fairy situation, but I'm working on it." Your shadow informs you.
> "That shrine and I aren't on the best terms right now, but I could send you two there if you want. Infighting could very well work if they don't immediately notice where I am." She talks to the Tengu.
> "Hm... Back on the infighting idea, maybe posing as a fairy could manage such?"
> "If not, it didn't really seem like they could capture you or anything. Maybe you can help..."

> "If you want to. We have nothing else to do." Clownpiece states.

> There's a spire of darkness piercing the sky out in the far distance, but otherwise, still nothing here... You wonder if that Mima person-
> "Looks like you're not getting swept away." You hear the voice of X Rumia nearby. "But you are falling behind. A fairy with only a few followers. You need to do better. Your competitions are no joke. Your enemies are increasing, and as are their enemies."
> Accompanying her voice is a small figure similar to your size, wearing a black hoodie. Said figure emerging from a roundish darkness doorway.
> Past the "doorway", or maybe more accurately, portal, you can see something red rising up from the darkness.
> It seems she wants to stay unrecognized, for one reason or another. You can tell its her by the features you can see under the hoodie, though.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 20, 2021, 05:33:07 PM
>("The fairy I'm with could help with infighting.  I am curious, when you tried to enter the fairies did they immediately notice you?")

>Examine the portal from a distance!  Try to feel what X is doing that we didn't!

>Feel where shadow is?  Can we tell where X is?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 20, 2021, 06:54:24 PM
>("Should I introduce myself to your guests?")
>("Also I will probably have to introduce you to Clownpiece and her group if you want me to bring them in on it. Would that be okay?")

Prime:
>"Well, alright. Anything in particular you want to see? I can darken an area, turn into darkness, make secondary bodies, shapeshift, and move extremely fast through darkness among other things."

Contingency:
>A spire? Does it correspond to any natural landmarks we know?
>"Hey sis. I like the disguise, by the way. Makes you look mysterious. Why is the inside of your realm red, though?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 21, 2021, 02:04:56 AM
>("The fairy I'm with could help with infighting.  I am curious, when you tried to enter the fairies did they immediately notice you?")

>Examine the portal from a distance!  Try to feel what X is doing that we didn't!

>Feel where shadow is?  Can we tell where X is?
>("Should I introduce myself to your guests?")
>("Also I will probably have to introduce you to Clownpiece and her group if you want me to bring them in on it. Would that be okay?")

Prime:
>"Well, alright. Anything in particular you want to see? I can darken an area, turn into darkness, make secondary bodies, shapeshift, and move extremely fast through darkness among other things."

Contingency:
>A spire? Does it correspond to any natural landmarks we know?
>"Hey sis. I like the disguise, by the way. Makes you look mysterious. Why is the inside of your realm red, though?"


> ("I snuck up on them, but fell off the one I tried to absorb and bring here. Once they noticed me they were able to keep track of me even while I was underground.") Your shadow replies.
> ("It's up to you. Just try not to spook them, they're already on edge. And if you need to tell your companions about me, then do what you gotta do.")
> "Hmm...I might be able to do that, yeah..." She speaks to the Tengu.
> "Well we better hurry up..." the Tengu replies.

> "How strong is your darkness?" Clownpiece asks. "How big an area can you darken?"

> The portal seems made of darkness. It looks like it might be constantly staying open, rather than closing?
> You can tell where X is, that is, in front of you, in terms of how it feels...
> The spire just appears to be a large amount of darkness. You think it might be near Misty Lake, or the forest that was affected by that "barrier"
> "That's a secret." X Rumia replies. "I'm just staying prepared."
> The portal darkens more, obstructing your view...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 21, 2021, 02:19:54 AM
>("Well I'm pretty sure I'd unintentionally spook them in some capacity due to having to either manifest in there or speak as a disembodied voice but I'll try to minimize the damage.")

Shadow Realm:
>Manifest a body out of the tengus' collective line of sight.
>Audibly clear our throat once there's a pause in the conversation. Try not to startle any of them.

Prime:
>What do we remember of our limits, pre-seal?
>>If we can remember, would the Hakurei Shrine darkness bubble from earlier be our maximum range? Or can we go past that?

Contingency:
>"I assume that spire of darkness over there has something to do with it as well?"
>If she implies or confirms its her doing.
>>Concerned frown, "You know that's going to attract attention once people start noticing it, sis."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 02:40:47 AM
Contingency:
>"OK, so we're not dealing with a regular incident like Reimu and Marisa solve.
>"I didn't realize."

>"Who are you trying to attract?"
>"And any hints for how to link places?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 21, 2021, 03:04:58 AM
>("Well I'm pretty sure I'd unintentionally spook them in some capacity due to having to either manifest in there or speak as a disembodied voice but I'll try to minimize the damage.")

Shadow Realm:
>Manifest a body out of the tengus' collective line of sight.
>Audibly clear our throat once there's a pause in the conversation. Try not to startle any of them.

Prime:
>What do we remember of our limits, pre-seal?
>>If we can remember, would the Hakurei Shrine darkness bubble from earlier be our maximum range? Or can we go past that?

Contingency:
>"I assume that spire of darkness over there has something to do with it as well?"
>If she implies or confirms its her doing.
>>Concerned frown, "You know that's going to attract attention once people start noticing it, sis."
Contingency:
>"OK, so we're not dealing with a regular incident like Reimu and Marisa solve.
>"I didn't realize."

>"Who are you trying to attract?"
>"And any hints for how to link places?"
> "I'm doing what I can. We're getting close." Your shadow responds to the Tengu.
> You manifest a body of darkness within your shadow realm, and clear your throat for attention.
> They look over in your direction, though don't seem to have a large opinion... At least it isn't aggressiveness.
> Ah, right. They probably can't even see you with how dark it is in here... Though they did notice your shadow's appearance was similar to one of theirs. Maybe their sight is good enough.
> "You might want to make yourself more visible if you're going to join us." Your shadow advises aloud.

> You do not remember well. You'd believe that you can go past the Hakurei Shrine. Maybe you can envelop all of the shrine's grounds. It doesn't feel like you can manage an entire forest right now, but it feels like you should've been able to before. Maybe that's just thinking too highly of yourself.

> "Oh definitely not. These fairies are being completely lawless." X Rumia explains. "I think they might be a little upset that everyone thinks it's fine to just kill them over and over for no reason. I hope your little group isn't planning on trying to rely on the spell card system. Those patterns could help, but the dueling system itself won't."
> "Ah, that? Yeah, I'm just finishing up." She speaks. "It's part of my base. And tell your shadow not to worry. Her business shouldn't be bothered by this, if she's still working on it. Do be careful if you go there though. A certain fairy has already made a strong force in trying to take over that whole area."
> You ask for hints on how to link places.
> "Advice? Hm, I swear I remember trying to give you advice on a few occasions, and it going right through you..." She puts a hand to her chin in thought. It seems like you two are already branching to a different kind of darkness specialization, whether you're aware of it or not."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 21, 2021, 03:37:25 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Ah, my mistake."
>Try to "clear up" the area immediately around our Shadow Realm body.
>"Anyway, pardon the interruption. I noticed that my shadow had brought home some guests and I couldn't help but pick up some snippets of your conversation. I'd like to lend some help if you'll allow it."

Prime:
>"Well that darkness around the Hakurei Shrine earlier was my doing, if you know about that. I could probably completely cover a larger area than that, but it would be limited by how much ambient darkness I have available to draw upon."
>"Otherwise my darkness can be anywhere from a slight amount of shade to absolute, pitch darkness. I can also physically touch things with it as well."
>Are we capable of making danmaku out of darkness? Both lethal and spellcard compliant?

Contingency:
>Wince a bit at the ignoring advice part.
>Re: Specialization: "We are? How so?"

//Gonna broach the topic of the superfairies to Clownpiece and introduce them to shadow only if the Tengu agree to let us cooperate. So please don't try to do that just yet if any of you are planning on it.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 03:56:10 AM
Prime:
>"And poking a human's shadow gives them the heebie-jeebies."
>"I don't understand why, yet."

//OK, I do want to send contingency to the village to get info on our past.  They might have fairies there with their treatment of fairies.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 21, 2021, 04:11:07 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Ah, my mistake."
>Try to "clear up" the area immediately around our Shadow Realm body.
>"Anyway, pardon the interruption. I noticed that my shadow had brought home some guests and I couldn't help but pick up some snippets of your conversation. I'd like to lend some help if you'll allow it."

Prime:
>"Well that darkness around the Hakurei Shrine earlier was my doing, if you know about that. I could probably completely cover a larger area than that, but it would be limited by how much ambient darkness I have available to draw upon."
>"Otherwise my darkness can be anywhere from a slight amount of shade to absolute, pitch darkness. I can also physically touch things with it as well."
>Are we capable of making danmaku out of darkness? Both lethal and spellcard compliant?

Contingency:
>Wince a bit at the ignoring advice part.
>Re: Specialization: "We are? How so?"

//Gonna broach the topic of the superfairies to Clownpiece and introduce them to shadow only if the Tengu agree to let us cooperate. So please don't try to do that just yet if any of you are planning on it.
Prime:
>"And poking a human's shadow gives them the heebie-jeebies."
>"I don't understand why, yet."

//OK, I do want to send contingency to the village to get info on our past.  They might have fairies there with their treatment of fairies.
> You try, though it doesn't really get any less dark to you.
> The Tengu shrug.
> "We can't do much ourselves, it seems. So feel free..."

> You are capable of both.
> "Hm... Good, good."
> "I see." Hecatia nods as well.

> "It's something to do with your darkness being in... Well, if you don't know, maybe it's just your shadow that does. In which case, I should leave it to her whether she wants you to go that way or not. It'd also be interesting if you two had different specialties. It'd certainly help in some situations, while being a problem in others." X Rumia explains. "I should get going soon. I told you I don't like having many bodies around."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 21, 2021, 05:06:53 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Attempt to will ourselves to have greater contrast against the background darkness.
>Are our manifestations in the Shadow Realm in color?
>"Alright. So is there any more context regarding the situation? All I heard was something about super powered fairies and that they were attacking your homes. My Shadow already told me some of the details but the more I know about the situation and what we're up against, the more I'd be able to help."

Prime:
>"...Huh."
>"So, this may be a bit sudden, I just got some information that might interest you."
>("Gonna introduce you to the others, just a heads up.")
>"Oh, and I should probably introduce you to my informant first. You guys were probably going to meet her eventually anyway since we're allies and all, so might as well get that out of the way."
>Gesture to our shadow.
>"I'd like you to meet my shadow. Despite being connected to me, she has a separate mind of her own and can act on her own will. Shadow, this is Clownpiece, Hecatia, and Junko. Feel free to introduce yourself."
>Repeat the "Shadow, this is..." and onward at the same time directly to Shadow through our mental link if she is unable to hear us speaking aloud.
>Allow her to make introductions.
>"Anyway, there's a situation that my shadow is involved in that I'd like to assist her with. Not sure if you would be interested, but apparently it involves tengu being attacked by 'super-powered fairies', so helping out with whatever's going on could potentially help you with your goal of becoming the Best Fairy in Gensokyo."

Contingency:
>"I'll look forward to her words if she feels the need to tell me, then."
>If nobody else has anything to say to X:
>>"Alright sis. Take care."

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 05:33:54 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Attempt to pull the darkness away from us if the contrast fails



Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 21, 2021, 09:27:09 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Attempt to will ourselves to have greater contrast against the background darkness.
>Are our manifestations in the Shadow Realm in color?
>"Alright. So is there any more context regarding the situation? All I heard was something about super powered fairies and that they were attacking your homes. My Shadow already told me some of the details but the more I know about the situation and what we're up against, the more I'd be able to help."

Prime:
>"...Huh."
>"So, this may be a bit sudden, I just got some information that might interest you."
>("Gonna introduce you to the others, just a heads up.")
>"Oh, and I should probably introduce you to my informant first. You guys were probably going to meet her eventually anyway since we're allies and all, so might as well get that out of the way."
>Gesture to our shadow.
>"I'd like you to meet my shadow. Despite being connected to me, she has a separate mind of her own and can act on her own will. Shadow, this is Clownpiece, Hecatia, and Junko. Feel free to introduce yourself."
>Repeat the "Shadow, this is..." and onward at the same time directly to Shadow through our mental link if she is unable to hear us speaking aloud.
>Allow her to make introductions.
>"Anyway, there's a situation that my shadow is involved in that I'd like to assist her with. Not sure if you would be interested, but apparently it involves tengu being attacked by 'super-powered fairies', so helping out with whatever's going on could potentially help you with your goal of becoming the Best Fairy in Gensokyo."

Contingency:
>"I'll look forward to her words if she feels the need to tell me, then."
>If nobody else has anything to say to X:
>>"Alright sis. Take care."
Shadow Realm:
>Attempt to pull the darkness away from us if the contrast fails




> You try, and manage.
> Yes.
> "Well, the good news is I finally arrived. The bad news is...there's nothing but fairies here. I don't see anyone else at a glance..." Your shadow reveals.
> "Ugh... So this is how the Tengu go down... By a bunch of fairies?"
> "They're fairies that we got surprised by. Faster than us and stronger. I don't know why they went for the Tengu on the mountain."

> "Wait, if she has a mind of her own, doesn't that mean she could be against Clownpiece?" Hecatia questions. "Or at least, for a different fairy already."

> With such, X Rumia departs back through the darkness, the portal closing behind her.
> You wonder if she's teaming up with Yukari... she can make portals...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 04:33:46 PM
Prime:
>"I don't she is.  I haven't seen or heard of any other fairies except the 'super-powered fairies."

Contingency:
>Sink into the ground and head to the human village
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 21, 2021, 08:26:36 PM
Prime:
>"I don't she is.  I haven't seen or heard of any other fairies except the 'super-powered fairies."

Contingency:
>Sink into the ground and head to the human village
> Shadow places a hand on the Tengu.
> "Hey, a lost battle isn't a lost war. I'm going to find and rescue as many tengu as I can. I just spotted a few, even."
> "War... What kind of fairies..."
> "The tengu I found are talking to the fairies." Shadow speaks in the shadow realm. "They're negotiating something...apparently the fairies aren't planning on taking over the mountain, but they will if the tengu don't agree to whatever was proposed. And apparently some other group of fairies got some sort of agreement somewhere else."
> She frowns. "Wait. The fairies at the vampire manor told the gate guard youkai that the non-fairy residents had to fall in line behind a fairy leader. Is there some sort of fairy competition involving subjugating all non-fairy societies throughout Gensokyo?"
> "We have no idea. We just got ambushed out of nowhere." The tengu within reply.

> "We want to hear it from her then."
> "Yeah. I'm pretty sure best fairy means best fairy, not best fairies. So if she's not gonna help me, she's an enemy." Clownpiece states.
> "As long as being Best Fairy in Gensokyo doesn't involve beating up people I've taken an interest in, I have no beef with you." Shadow answers.
> "That's no guarantee..."
> "Yes, I'm afraid having someone who could potentially turn on us isn't good." Hecatia speaks.

> You head into the ground and start for the human village.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 21, 2021, 09:49:03 PM
>We can control shadow if we really wanted to, right?

Shadow Realm:
>"Well I heard about an alleged competition to be the best fairy in Gensokyo, but I'm not sure if it's related to the events at the mountain and manor. Do you think the two groups are part of the same faction?"

Prime:
>"Well she isn't with the other fairies. She's actually against them."
>"You're not under any power like she described, nor are you attempting to forcibly subjugate any of the non-fairy races like the others, so she doesn't really have a reason to be against you. Or me for that matter since I'm allied with you."
>Only if the answer to the control question is yes:
>>"Plus if it came down to it, she's both a being of pure darkness and mentally connected to me. Meaning if it really came down to it I could 'tighten the leash' to keep her in line, but I'd really prefer not to do that to her unless it was absolutely necessary. She only recently got freedom again after all, and I'd hate to take that away from her. Besides, she's usually cooperative and reasonable anyway so there really isn't a reason to do that."

Contingency:
>Stop and turn around.

//Why are you going there?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 10:08:01 PM
//I'm wanting to see Akyuu's notes on past us

//Also the human village seems perfect for fairies to subjugate
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 21, 2021, 11:48:47 PM
>We can control shadow if we really wanted to, right?

Shadow Realm:
>"Well I heard about an alleged competition to be the best fairy in Gensokyo, but I'm not sure if it's related to the events at the mountain and manor. Do you think the two groups are part of the same faction?"

Prime:
>"Well she isn't with the other fairies. She's actually against them."
>"You're not under any power like she described, nor are you attempting to forcibly subjugate any of the non-fairy races like the others, so she doesn't really have a reason to be against you. Or me for that matter since I'm allied with you."
>Only if the answer to the control question is yes:
>>"Plus if it came down to it, she's both a being of pure darkness and mentally connected to me. Meaning if it really came down to it I could 'tighten the leash' to keep her in line, but I'd really prefer not to do that to her unless it was absolutely necessary. She only recently got freedom again after all, and I'd hate to take that away from her. Besides, she's usually cooperative and reasonable anyway so there really isn't a reason to do that."

Contingency:
>Stop and turn around.

//Why are you going there?
> You should be able to. You haven't tried to see if it could oppose you yet. It could have gotten stronger than you though, if it's business it's been leaving to was for such... Given she heard of this fairy business from the vampire mansion, you suspect she would be against you harming it's residents.
> Given the other things said so far and your recent visit, you wonder if the darkness spire was from a fight between her and X Rumia. Though X did say she shouldn't worry about it and "her business shouldn't be bothered by this". But that still gives other suspicions about what business it was...

> "Looks like your friends are being forced to choose now, by the way. They're pretty badly outnumbered...I could try to cause chaos, or try to rescue them, whichever you think is better. Need to choose now, though." Shadow explains to the Tengu.
> "Uh... I'm no hero." The tengu answers.
> "Yeah, me neither. I don't want to make a choice that could end up worsening the situation, even if it could also save them. They'll know what to do." The other reasons.

> "Also, if I agree to help, that's no guarantee that you won't ask me to go against someone I care about, so we'd be putting some amount of trust in one another, rather than having it go in one direction." Shadow explains.
> "If she has someone following a fairy, or fairies themselves that don't end up following Clownpiece or staying out of her way, then she's a problem." Junko responds.
> "I'm not just going to watch another group get better than me. If others are trying to be the best, you have to beat them at it. And doing that directly is easier than leaving them be."
> "It's not impossible to leave others alone, I'd think. But if they end up being better... Hm, we don't even know what the merits or issues with winning or losing would be, do we?" Hecatia questions.

> You stop.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 22, 2021, 12:17:19 AM
Prime:
>"Would you keeping the ones you care about out of any possible fights with Clownpiece and otherwise not directly interfering with Clownpiece be reasonable?"

Contingency:
>Growl
>Leave a spike of darkness to warp back to
>Try Warp through Shadow to the Tengu
->If that failed absorb the spike and continue on to human village
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 22, 2021, 01:00:47 AM
> You should be able to. You haven't tried to see if it could oppose you yet. It could have gotten stronger than you though, if it's business it's been leaving to was for such... Given she heard of this fairy business from the vampire mansion, you suspect she would be against you harming it's residents.
> Given the other things said so far and your recent visit, you wonder if the darkness spire was from a fight between her and X Rumia. Though X did say she shouldn't worry about it and "her business shouldn't be bothered by this". But that still gives other suspicions about what business it was...

> "Looks like your friends are being forced to choose now, by the way. They're pretty badly outnumbered...I could try to cause chaos, or try to rescue them, whichever you think is better. Need to choose now, though." Shadow explains to the Tengu.
> "Uh... I'm no hero." The tengu answers.
> "Yeah, me neither. I don't want to make a choice that could end up worsening the situation, even if it could also save them. They'll know what to do." The other reasons.

> "Also, if I agree to help, that's no guarantee that you won't ask me to go against someone I care about, so we'd be putting some amount of trust in one another, rather than having it go in one direction." Shadow explains.
> "If she has someone following a fairy, or fairies themselves that don't end up following Clownpiece or staying out of her way, then she's a problem." Junko responds.
> "I'm not just going to watch another group get better than me. If others are trying to be the best, you have to beat them at it. And doing that directly is easier than leaving them be."
> "It's not impossible to leave others alone, I'd think. But if they end up being better... Hm, we don't even know what the merits or issues with winning or losing would be, do we?" Hecatia questions.

> You stop.
>_
Prime:
>"Would you keeping the ones you care about out of any possible fights with Clownpiece and otherwise not directly interfering with Clownpiece be reasonable?"

Contingency:
>Growl
>Leave a spike of darkness to warp back to
>Try Warp through Shadow to the Tengu
->If that failed absorb the spike and continue on to human village

//"Super-Powered Fairies"? Okina ,and under her Mai and Satono,could be involved...//

// If Shadow does not ind any openings help out directly the besieged tengu then rthe ones she has rescued should likely be "escorted" to ask help from the Moriya Shrine,just as 1 Tengu had suggested//

Prime:

>(Please,reassure the Rescued Tengu that those "Super-Powered Attacking&Conquering"Fairies are some sort of anomaly since no other Fairy is acting like that)

>( Can you make out what kind of terms are the "Super-Powered" Fairies are forcing upon the Tengu ?)

> Ask Shadow :" It would be no issue to help out .though,if there was no involvement in going against someone you care about or at least ,if a case like that happens,to maintain neutrality  ,right?"

> "To avoid misunderstandings and turn-abouts...who are those you care about and unwilling  to duel out or generally oppose and are they actively involved in this Best Fairy Contest?"

> To Clownpiece,Hecatia,Junko: " On another hand,there seems to be a srange current issue of  "Super-Powered Fairies"  surprise and straight-out attacking overwhelmingly the Tengu on Youkai Mountain, start occupying their homes and forcing terms upon them'"

Contingency:

> Do not growl or make any noise as to not give out any alert.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 22, 2021, 01:15:53 AM

(Tell the group of Tengu that among the Gensokyo's Fairies there is a "Best Fairy Contest" going on but that it simply involves proving to be better than the other fairies like beating them in Danmaku Duels and having a Greater and Willing Following)

>Not sure if it was meant to be a command but just in case don't do this.
//Literally just stated to them that we don't know if they're connected.

Contingency:
>Growl
>Leave a spike of darkness to warp back to
>Try Warp through Shadow to the Tengu
->If that failed absorb the spike and continue on to human village
>Let shadow know we're attempting this first.
>If she objects or otherwise says its a bad idea, don't follow through.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 22, 2021, 01:57:32 AM
Prime:
>"Would you keeping the ones you care about out of any possible fights with Clownpiece and otherwise not directly interfering with Clownpiece be reasonable?"

Contingency:
>Growl
>Leave a spike of darkness to warp back to
>Try Warp through Shadow to the Tengu
->If that failed absorb the spike and continue on to human village
Prime:

(Tell the group of Tengu that among the Gensokyo's Fairies there is a "Best Fairy Contest" going on but that it simply involves proving to be better than the other fairies like beating them in Danmaku Duels and having a Greater and Willing Following)

> Ask Shadow :" It would be no issue to help out .though,if there was no involvement in going against someone you care about or at least ,if a case like that happens,to maintain neutrality  ,right?"

> "To avoid misunderstandings and turn-abouts...who are those you care about and unwilling  to duel out or generally oppose and are they actively involved in this Best Fairy Contest?"

> To Clownpiece,Hecatia,Junko: " On another hand,there seems to be a current issue of  "Super-Powered Fairies" are in straight-out attacking in droves the Tengu on Youkai Mountain, start occupying their homes and forcing terms upon them'"

Contingency:

> Do not growl or make any noise as to not give out any alert


>Not sure if it was meant to be a command but just in case don't do this.
//Literally just stated to them that we don't know if they're connected.
>Let shadow know we're attempting this first.
>If she objects or otherwise says its a bad idea, don't follow through.
> "Um, that sounds reasonable off the top of my head. I can't really focus enough right now on details." Your shadow explains.
> "Uh, okay. Guess I'm taking the plunge." She speaks in the Shadow Realm.
> "Eh? Plunge to what?" The Tengu question.

> "Super powered fairies. I wonder how that looks from our perspective."
> "Master obviously can't just lose to some fairies." Clownpiece boasts.

> You silently leave some darkness behind, and try to get to the Tengu situation through shadow.
> It doesn't work. With such, you continue to the Human Village, nearing it's borders. There doesn't seem to be any fairies attacking here, at least from the outer view...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 22, 2021, 05:48:35 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Change our hair to black
>Make ourselves look to be in our midteens.

>("If you need help just toss my body in the Shadow Realm out with your body on the mountain.")

Contingency:
>Go under the wall
>Listen for screams or other noises that indicate trouble
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 22, 2021, 11:10:39 PM
> ( Are you able to hear what terms are being imposed on the Tengu?)

> ( And,if the "Super-Powered" Fairies are that focused on rounding up the Tengu and occupying their homes,then openings might be found to intervene and rescue them  like,perhaps,simulating the arrival of a relief force from an unguarded position and baiting them there giving the Tengu enough time to take shelter...)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 23, 2021, 12:07:41 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Change our hair to black
>Make ourselves look to be in our midteens.

>("If you need help just toss my body in the Shadow Realm out with your body on the mountain.")

Contingency:
>Go under the wall
>Listen for screams or other noises that indicate trouble
> ( Are you able to hear what terms are being imposed on the Tengu?)

> ( And,if the "Super-Powered" Fairies are that focused on rounding up the Tengu and occupying their homes,then openings might be found to intervene and rescue them  like,perhaps,simulating the arrival of a relief force from an unguarded position and baiting them there giving the Tengu enough time to take shelter...)
> "Uh, the fairies are going full-on assault now. They're heading back down the mountain using tengu bodies as shields. I'm going to try to cause disruptions as best I can." Shadow explains.
> "As shields? How did it turn into that?!" The Tengu questions.
> "This is really escalating too fast. Maybe we should've tried to intervene."
> "And what, strike a deal with fairies?"
> "Yeah."
> You change your appearance a bit.

> You head into the village properly.
> There doesn't seem to be any problems that you hear here... It's pretty calm. You don't even hear anyone on alert from that giant darkness that appeared earlier.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 23, 2021, 04:11:56 AM
Shadow Realm
>"That's actually a good thing."
>Tap our face in thought
>"How confident are the. .  ."
>("Err, you can go into people too, right.")

Contingency:
>Look for a deserted alley
->With the appearance of our Shadow Realm self with outsider looking clothes,  (jeans, T-shirt, tennis shoes) step out of the shadows in the alley

>Examine our surroundings
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 25, 2021, 12:29:56 AM
Shadow Realm
>"That's actually a good thing."
>Tap our face in thought
>"How confident are the. .  ."
>("Err, you can go into people too, right.")

Contingency:
>Look for a deserted alley
->With the appearance of our Shadow Realm self with outsider looking clothes,  (jeans, T-shirt, tennis shoes) step out of the shadows in the alley

>Examine our surroundings
> ("Bit busy right now.") Your shadow replies.
> "Good thing? How?" The Tengu questions.

> You emerge from an empty alleyway and step out.
> Given it's nighttime, the village doesn't seem too packed. There are a few people out here, but no fairies that you notice yet.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 25, 2021, 12:42:13 AM
Prime:
>"So do you want in on helping to stop them, Clownpiece? Showing the other fairies you're better aside, it could also be a chance to get some of the non-fairy factions to acknowledge you depending on how you choose to pull it off."
>"Plus if you wanted to, assuming if it's safe and not dangerous to you, we could probably find out if whether or not whatever's making those fairies stronger can be applied to you. Of course, I understand if you'd rather be the Best Fairy without having to resort to strange superpowers, and I'd even respect that if that's your decision."
>"Anyway, I'll also understand if you'd rather stay out of it too. It's not really your business after all. Either way I'm not going to abandon your cause so no need to worry about that."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 25, 2021, 12:58:55 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"It means that the fairies are practically handing over your friend's and they think they are protected."

Contingency:
>Call out to one of the nearby people
>"Hey, can I have a moment!"

>What does Rumia know of Akyuu?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 25, 2021, 12:39:34 PM
Prime:
>"So do you want in on helping to stop them, Clownpiece? Showing the other fairies you're better aside, it could also be a chance to get some of the non-fairy factions to acknowledge you depending on how you choose to pull it off."
>"Plus if you wanted to, assuming if it's safe and not dangerous to you, we could probably find out if whether or not whatever's making those fairies stronger can be applied to you. Of course, I understand if you'd rather be the Best Fairy without having to resort to strange superpowers, and I'd even respect that if that's your decision."
>"Anyway, I'll also understand if you'd rather stay out of it too. It's not really your business after all. Either way I'm not going to abandon your cause so no need to worry about that."
Shadow Realm:
>"It means that the fairies are practically handing over your friend's and they think they are protected."

Contingency:
>Call out to one of the nearby people
>"Hey, can I have a moment!"

>What does Rumia know of Akyuu?
> "Sure. But would we even make it there before things end?"
> "Uh, hi again." Shadow speaks. " These other fairies are...well, I got inside one, but it felt chokingly oppressive in there. I tried teleporting a large rock inside her because nothing else was doing much of anything, but it got crushed and then vanished while she only seemed moderately inconvenienced. An army of that is what you're going up against for title of Best Fairy. I'm getting a really bad feeling about all of this, like something horrible is coming..."
> " Well, if They're that strong, surely Clownpiece will be just that much stronger than them." Hecatia replies.

> "So only great for the fairies???"
> "I dont think being used as a shield would make me feel very protected." The Tengu complain.
> "Wow, these fairies are something else. I'm not liking where this is going. Friend incoming, by the way."
> On cue with shadow, another Tengu drops into the void, quickly stuffing something away.
> "O-Oh. Others are here..." She speaks.
> "Well... She's rescuing some of them..."

> You're ignored...
> "Oh? What do you need?" Someone else approaches instead. Not a fairy, at least.

> You don't know anyone by that name.
> Like with what Shadow spoke, you also feel... Disturbed.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 25, 2021, 03:59:10 PM
Prime:
>"That is weird. Fairies aren't supposed to be like that, right?"
>"If we save them I bet they'd join Clownpiece."

Contingency:
>Smile
>"Thank you.  I was supposed to go to this person's home who chronicles youkai and who reincarnates.  Do you know where I can find the person?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 25, 2021, 06:02:02 PM
Prime:
>"That is weird. Fairies aren't supposed to be like that, right?"
>"If we save them I bet they'd join Clownpiece."

Contingency:
>Smile
>"Thank you.  I was supposed to go to this person's home who chronicles youkai and who reincarnates.  Do you know where I can find the person?"
> "Not that strong, i don't think so." Clownpiece says.
> "Ah,  we got another big problem." Shadow chimes. "Something major has gone down at the vampire manor, and it might involve the maid. I'll investigate. Also, it seems to me that there's someone else operating behind the scenes with regards to the fairies assaulting the tengu, so it may not be just them you'll have to go up against."
> "A mastermind behind the fairies was to be expected. Are we going to do anything yet?" Hecatia questions.

> "Oh, that would be miss Hieda. She lives in the estate over there." They point off. "But its not that easy to just get an audience with her."

> "Uh, hi, newcomer. I chanced across the fairy-tengu situation going on right now, and am trying to rescue whomever I can. You're in a pocket dimension right now, safe away from being used as humanoid shield." Shadow speaks to the Tengu in your shadow realm.
> "Thanks, i suppose. I haven't uh... Figured out anything special about these fairies yet..." The new Tengu replies. "Aside from the obvious of them seeming unstoppable."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 25, 2021, 06:43:55 PM
Prime:
>"As long as two places are connected by darkness, including as the darkness within opaque objects such as the ground, we can move between them rather quickly and once there we can teleport others using the shadow realm."
>Turn to shadow
>"Speaking of, should we bring them into the shadow realm? It'll let them talk to the tengu you rescued and let us brief everyone in one place."
>Turn to the others
>"Assuming the rest of you are okay with that as well."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 25, 2021, 07:03:48 PM
Contingency:
>"That's unfortunate.  Thanks for the info."
>Start towards the manor and wave at the person
>"Wish me luck!"

>Head to the manor
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 25, 2021, 07:10:08 PM
>Start towards the manor and wave at the person

>Head to the manor
//Are you going to the SDM or the Heida residence?

//EDIT: Just in case Neo parses before you respond:
>Do not start or go to the SDM
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 25, 2021, 07:14:29 PM
//Heida residence
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 25, 2021, 08:29:16 PM
Prime:
>"As long as two places are connected by darkness, including as the darkness within opaque objects such as the ground, we can move between them rather quickly and once there we can teleport others using the shadow realm."
>Turn to shadow
>"Speaking of, should we bring them into the shadow realm? It'll let them talk to the tengu you rescued and let us brief everyone in one place."
>Turn to the others
>"Assuming the rest of you are okay with that as well."

// Junko's "Power to Purify" could be a key i,n a group&strategy effort of course, to "Exorcise" these " Violent Super-Powered Fairies"//

// We should  focus on resolving    the Fairy-Tengu Situation on Youkai Mountain and The Hindering the Mastermind Behind ,yes, but BEFORE that it is also advisable to not delay  a "Shadowy Stealthy  Just On The Borders" check&know  of the Vampire Manor/Scarlet Mansion and The Maid/Sakuya ,and THEN also give warnings&briefings about the 1st and 2nd Issues to ,at the Hakurei Shrine but possibly  Linked Areas,Reimu,ShinGyoku and Marisa //

// If the others are in need of any support,or we are or both, we can always travel,and make other allies or involved ones of course, travel to or through the "Shadow Realm"//

> If they agree to be teleported do so ,for Clownpiece+Hecatia+Junko,to the " Rumia's Shadow Realm"to let them be briefed,consult with Shadow,the Rescued Tengu still stay in contact with all of them and further shadow-teleporting ...

>... do not join them yet by fully entering alongside them in "Rumia's Shadow Realm" while still keeping contact by our shadow-presence.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 25, 2021, 08:59:51 PM
>... do not join them yet though.
//I'd like to point out that we already have a presence in the shadow realm, so we'd be joining them either way.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 25, 2021, 10:00:21 PM
//I'd like to point out that we already have a presence in the shadow realm, so we'd be joining them either way.

// Joined by our "Presence in Rumia's Shadow Realm",yes,but I meant " not joining " as "not yet full physical teleport alongside the 3 of them" so that we may be free to check&search&warn and in any eventuality fully join them or take others along back in or out or both,and so in any case i am going to edit to bette specifiy it //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 25, 2021, 10:07:47 PM
Prime:
>"As long as two places are connected by darkness, including as the darkness within opaque objects such as the ground, we can move between them rather quickly and once there we can teleport others using the shadow realm."
>Turn to shadow
>"Speaking of, should we bring them into the shadow realm? It'll let them talk to the tengu you rescued and let us brief everyone in one place."
>Turn to the others
>"Assuming the rest of you are okay with that as well."
Contingency:
>"That's unfortunate.  Thanks for the info."
>Start towards the manor and wave at the person
>"Wish me luck!"

>Head to the manor
// Junko's "Power to Purify" could be a key i,n a group&strategy effort of course, to "Exorcise" these " Violent Super-Powered Fairies"//

// We should  focus on resolving    the Fairy-Tengu Situation on Youkai Mountain and The Hindering the Mastermind Behind ,yes, but BEFORE that it is also advisable to not delay  a "Shadowy Stealthy  Just On The Borders" check&know  of the Vampire Manor/Scarlet Mansion and The Maid/Sakuya ,and THEN also give warnings&briefings about the 1st and 2nd Issues to ,at the Hakurei Shrine but possibly  Linked Areas,Reimu,ShinGyoku and Marisa //

// If the others are in need of any support,or we are or both, we can always travel,and make other allies or involved ones of course, travel to or through the "Shadow Realm"//

> If they agree teleport them,Clownpiece+Hecatia+Junko,to the " Shadow Realm"to let them be briefed and consult with Shadow,the Rescued tengu and still stay in conact with all of them  ...

>... do not join them yet though.
>  "Huh. Sounds useful."
> "No, I don't think it's worth it now." Shadow responds. "What I'm learning suggests this situation is bigger than tengu society. Clownpiece, was it? If you still want my support, you've got it. I'm in."
> "Even if we end up having to go against people you don't want us to?" Clownpiece questions.
> "I'm willing to take that risk."
> "Then..." Clownpiece thinks. "Welcome to the team."

> "Sorry, I'm working on that. What's that yellow thing you have, by the way?" Shadow asks in the Shadow Realm.
> "...Nothing you need to worry about. It's just my business." The new Tengu replies. "How long have those three been out?"
> "A few minutes now." The other Tengu respond.
> "Well, it's not like we need them awake right now."

>  "W-Wait, what are you heading there for?" The person questions as you head off.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 25, 2021, 10:12:40 PM
//What do you even intend to do there, Phil?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 25, 2021, 10:58:01 PM
>  "Huh. Sounds useful."
> "No, I don't think it's worth it now." Shadow responds. "What I'm learning suggests this situation is bigger than tengu society. Clownpiece, was it? If you still want my support, you've got it. I'm in."
> "Even if we end up having to go against people you don't want us to?" Clownpiece questions.
> "I'm willing to take that risk."
> "Then..." Clownpiece thinks. "Welcome to the team."

> "Sorry, I'm working on that. What's that yellow thing you have, by the way?" Shadow asks in the Shadow Realm.
> "...Nothing you need to worry about. It's just my business." The new Tengu replies. "How long have those three been out?"
> "A few minutes now." The other Tengu respond.
> "Well, it's not like we need them awake right now."

>  "W-Wait, what are you heading there for?" The person questions as you head off.
>_

// Hatate's  Thoughtography Phone-Camera?//

> Are we ble to manifest a " perceiving and imperceptible shadow eye " to observe what is the "Tengu's yellow thing"?

> Proceed if so,but dissolve it if it ever  becomes perceptible by the Tengu.

> " Then...how about we move as a group ,the 4 of us not originally Youkai Mountain,with me being the stealthiest and most forward scout,to investigate from a distance what is happening at the Scarlet Mansion and cross-check it with the actual happenings and observations at the Youkai Mountain?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 25, 2021, 11:52:54 PM
Contingency:
>"I saw something weird and told to tell her."

>Give a conspiratorial glance around

>"There are winged flying girls."

//I am hoping to learn our history and warn about the fairies
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 26, 2021, 12:04:29 AM
Contingency:
>"I saw something weird and told to tell her."

>Give a conspiratorial glance around

>"There are winged flying girls."
>Don't say this.

//This person's going to see through that immediately. Fairies are common knowledge in Gensokyo.

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to ask, are those three okay?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 26, 2021, 02:19:56 AM
//I thought it would help cement our cover as an outsider.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 26, 2021, 02:44:18 AM
//Does Rumia even know what an outsider looks like? Did your disguise even work?
//Plus a random outsider being told to see Akyuu is kinda sus tbh.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 26, 2021, 02:52:23 AM
//I don't know for the questions.

//It also seemed like it be suspicious for a human to not know of Akyuu.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 26, 2021, 03:25:08 AM
//I don't know for the questions.

//It also seemed like it be suspicious for a human to not know of Akyuu.
//I mean if we actually looked like an outsider not knowing of her would be excusable.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 26, 2021, 04:53:13 PM
// Hatate's  Thoughtography Phone-Camera?//

> Are we ble to manifest a " perceiving and imperceptible shadow eye " to observe what is the "Tengu's yellow thing"?

> Proceed if so,but dissolve it if it ever  becomes perceptible by the Tengu.

> " Then...how about we move as a group ,the 4 of us not originally Youkai Mountain,with me being the stealthiest and most forward scout,to investigate from a distance what is happening at the Scarlet Mansion and cross-check it with the actual happenings and observations at the Youkai Mountain?"
Contingency:
>"I saw something weird and told to tell her."

>Give a conspiratorial glance around

>"There are winged flying girls."

//I am hoping to learn our history and warn about the fairies
>Don't say this.

//This person's going to see through that immediately. Fairies are common knowledge in Gensokyo.

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to ask, are those three okay?"
> "So...based on what I'm hearing, you should already be way stronger than you were, say, yesterday. Do you feel that way? Sorry if this has been discussed already, I have a lot of pots boiling right now." Shadow speaks to Clownpiece.
> "I suppose I feel pretty good. I don't know if that's actually a boost though. We could try something.

> You are not. It's hidden on her.
> "They're fine. We'd have been telling you to get some help for them if they weren't long ago." The awake Tengu speak.
> "Urgh, things are constantly changing..." Shadow updates. "So, uh, it looks like the kappa have allied themselves with a different group of fairies than the ones trying to conscript you all. Your folks haven't committed to anything yet, but I just aligned myself with another fairy separate from what's going down on the mountain, which means I might end up clashing with any tengu that commit to the fairies that invaded your homes. In the interest of fairness, I'm willing and happy to return you to your kind, if you would rather ally with them in the event they ally with those fairies. Because, if you stick with me, you might end up going against them as well."
> "We don't really have much to use against them... I guess I'd rather be with the rest of the Tengu than against them."
> "Yeah I need to get with the rest too. There's still someone I'm looking for." The Tengu hiding something speaks.

> You decide not to answer the person.
> "Hey!" They speak again.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 26, 2021, 07:30:06 PM
> "So...based on what I'm hearing, you should already be way stronger than you were, say, yesterday. Do you feel that way? Sorry if this has been discussed already, I have a lot of pots boiling right now." Shadow speaks to Clownpiece.
> "I suppose I feel pretty good. I don't know if that's actually a boost though. We could try something.

> You are not. It's hidden on her.
> "They're fine. We'd have been telling you to get some help for them if they weren't long ago." The awake Tengu speak.
> "Urgh, things are constantly changing..." Shadow updates. "So, uh, it looks like the kappa have allied themselves with a different group of fairies than the ones trying to conscript you all. Your folks haven't committed to anything yet, but I just aligned myself with another fairy separate from what's going down on the mountain, which means I might end up clashing with any tengu that commit to the fairies that invaded your homes. In the interest of fairness, I'm willing and happy to return you to your kind, if you would rather ally with them in the event they ally with those fairies. Because, if you stick with me, you might end up going against them as well."
> "We don't really have much to use against them... I guess I'd rather be with the rest of the Tengu than against them."
> "Yeah I need to get with the rest too. There's still someone I'm looking for." The Tengu hiding something speaks.

> You decide not to answer the person.
> "Hey!" They speak again.
>_

> " What exactly has changed and feels different for Fairies compared to a rather short amount of days ago?"

> To Shadow,but not exclusively:" How is the situation evolving at the Scarlet Mansion?Should we be moving closer to there so you are not overwhelmed by the quite busy situation at Youkai Mountain"?

> Tell the Tengu who is looking for someone that we might be helping her in that,if she wants and

// Is the next one alright like this?//
Contingency:

> Turn and reply :" Oh sorry,I was a bit lost in thought,and I had been thinking about which History Topics I need to look about for and the eventual  assistance i could ask for that while at the same time not imposing on people's goodwill and time".

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 26, 2021, 09:16:33 PM
//That's much better than my idea.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 27, 2021, 10:45:46 PM
//That's much better than my idea.

// It is with lots of thanks ,if I can convey a clear and clearer meaning+intentions,very,to "everyone&everyone" open-ended,collaborativeness open-ended experience and intent in themselves  :extend: //

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 28, 2021, 04:46:27 AM
> " What exactly has changed and feels different for Fairies compared to a rather short amount of days ago?"

> To Shadow,but not exclusively:" How is the situation evolving at the Scarlet Mansion?Should we be moving closer to there so you are not overwhelmed by the quite busy situation at Youkai Mountain"?

> Tell the Tengu who is looking for someone that we might be helping her in that,if she wants and

// Is the next one alright like this?//
Contingency:

> Turn and reply :" Oh sorry,I was a bit lost in thought,and I had been thinking about which History Topics I need to look about for and the eventual  assistance i could ask for that while at the same time not imposing on people's goodwill and time".
> "Hm. I'm not sure what else." Clownpiece shrugs.

> "There's nothing immediately worrying over there yet. Especially compared to the mountain." Your shadow replies.

> "Uh, no I'm alright. I'll find them on my own." The new Tengu replies.
> "How bad was it at the village?" One of the other Tengu questions.
> "We got swarmed, and not much oppression was managed. But we're not completely out of it. ...I hope." The new Tengu answers.

> "Oh. Don't try to go after any youkai yourselves. They're not animals. Better to just learn about how to escape."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 28, 2021, 04:59:00 AM
Prime:
>"What would be a good way to test?"
>Turn to Hecatia and Junko, "Actually, was there anything abnormal about her torch aside from what we experienced. You've known her longer than me, so if her torch's effect is stronger than normal you two would probably know it, right?"

Contingency:
>Extremely confused look.
>"When did I ever imply that I'd go after youkai?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 28, 2021, 05:06:08 AM
Prime:
>"What would be a good way to test?"
>Turn to Hecatia and Junko, "Actually, was there anything abnormal about her torch aside from what we experienced. You've known her longer than me, so if her torch's effect is stronger than normal you two would probably know it, right?"

Contingency:
>Extremely confused look.
>"When did I ever imply that I'd go after youkai?"
> "Maybe a duel?"
> "We didn't even notice you were being affected. So you could say we weren't paying attention." Junko plainly states.

> "Akyuu's recorded quite a bit about Youkai and dangerous places. If you're more interested in uh, other kinds of history, then find the history teacher at the school. Akyuu isn't a history teacher."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 28, 2021, 05:47:23 AM
Contingency:
>"Oh."
>Have our mouth open in surprise

>"I think youkai would effect the village's history."
>Put a finger to chin
>"Knowing where not to go and how to survive is important."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 28, 2021, 07:05:11 AM
>List of available spellcards.
>>Which of these are our "bombs"
>Meta: Rundown on in-quest spellcard duel mechanics.

Prime:
>"Don't spellcard duels enforce an upper limit of power to make sure all combatants have a fair chance of winning and prevent fatal injuries though? Not to mention the cards themselves enforcing a specific pattern... If that's the case then I'm not sure we'd be able to gain any insight from a spellcard duel alone..."
>Do not say the following if it implies that we accept a duel, as we are merely considering the idea at this point.
>>Contemplative: "But then again, nothing's stopping us from trying..."

//Considering indulging Clownpiece in a duel due to:
A. It being low risk. (Nothing is really at stake for us if we do it.)
B. Rumia being out of practice and not having a proper duel since being unsealed. From a player perspective, it would give us some exposure to spellcard combat in this quest since we haven't been in any duels yet.
C. Potentially gaining some insight. Though the answer to Prime's question might affect whether this is possible.
//That being said, I'm not outright challenging her unless other players are on board with it. (Plus would like to see if point C would be invalidated by whatever answer we receive first.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 28, 2021, 10:11:06 AM
Contingency:
>"Oh."
>Have our mouth open in surprise

>"I think youkai would effect the village's history."
>Put a finger to chin
>"Knowing where not to go and how to survive is important."
>List of available spellcards.
>>Which of these are our "bombs"
>Meta: Rundown on in-quest spellcard duel mechanics.

Prime:
>"Don't spellcard duels enforce an upper limit of power to make sure all combatants have a fair chance of winning and prevent fatal injuries though? Not to mention the cards themselves enforcing a specific pattern... If that's the case then I'm not sure we'd be able to gain any insight from a spellcard duel alone..."
>Do not say the following if it implies that we accept a duel, as we are merely considering the idea at this point.
>>Contemplative: "But then again, nothing's stopping us from trying..."

//Considering indulging Clownpiece in a duel due to:
A. It being low risk. (Nothing is really at stake for us if we do it.)
B. Rumia being out of practice and not having a proper duel since being unsealed. From a player perspective, it would give us some exposure to spellcard combat in this quest since we haven't been in any duels yet.
C. Potentially gaining some insight. Though the answer to Prime's question might affect whether this is possible.
//That being said, I'm not outright challenging her unless other players are on board with it. (Plus would like to see if point C would be invalidated by whatever answer we receive first.)
> "I guess so...?" Clownpiece seems unsure. "But I hear there are some unfair points in them too."
> "Yes, no reason not to try, right? Well, aside from time." Hecatia says.
> "Nothing elsewhere is really our business yet though, so..." Junko speaks.

> "Come to think of it, it's probably pretty hard to get to talk with Akyuu as well... The history teacher likely has knowledge or books on youkai too anyways."

> You still recall your patterns for Moon Sign ⌠Moonlight Ray⌡, Night Sign ⌠Night Bird⌡, and Darkness Sign ⌠Demarcation⌡.

> Participants must tell each other of how many spell cards they plan to use in the duel, even if they don't manage to use all of them.
> One wins a normal Spell Card Duel when their opponent is unable to continue, not necessarily when the opponent has used up all of their spell cards. Though danmaku isn't necessarily strong most of the time, hits give a unique feeling of lethargy / loss of will, further bringing those who fail to dodge closer to being unable to continue. Though this doesn't affect their dodging or attacking, consecutive hits will only increase this until the victim is unable to continue, regardless of how incredible or poor their stamina is.
> Declaring a Spell Card puts the user in a Spell Card Trance if no one is in one yet. A trance allows one to use more of their abilities and greatly endure more punishment at the expense of lessening their freedom, such as dodging as freely as outside of a trance and being stuck to the pattern of their spell card. There is a limit to how long a Spell Card can last, and enough punishment can break a user out of their trance. Being in a Spell Card Trance prevents the user from feeling the demeaning effects of being hit by danmaku unless they are broken out of it, meaning it's always better to have entered a Spell Card Trance than not.
> If one uses a Spell Card while the opponent is already in a trance, their spell card will instead become a bomb, which is more focused at the expense of being much shorter. Bombs actively clear enemy danmaku past their declaration and keep you safe from danmaku in their short duration.
> A Spell Card used in a trance can't be repeated, but it can be used as a bomb. Spell Cards used as Bombs are allowed to repeat, however, bombs are limited to 3 usages.
> One must always be vulnerable outside of Spell Cards that require otherwise. Intangibility and deflection of danmaku, for example, are counted as invulnerabilities.
> More lenient or different versions of Spell Card Duels exist, usually agreed upon by the participants of such. Certain cases allow direct combat outside of danmaku, or permit invulnerabilities.
> You wonder if you'll even be able to use the spell card rules with those fairies...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 29, 2021, 12:27:16 AM
> "I guess so...?" Clownpiece seems unsure. "But I hear there are some unfair points in them too."
> "Yes, no reason not to try, right? Well, aside from time." Hecatia says.
> "Nothing elsewhere is really our business yet though, so..." Junko speaks.

> "Come to think of it, it's probably pretty hard to get to talk with Akyuu as well... The history teacher likely has knowledge or books on youkai too anyways."

> You still recall your patterns for Moon Sign ⌠Moonlight Ray⌡, Night Sign ⌠Night Bird⌡, and Darkness Sign ⌠Demarcation⌡.

> Participants must tell each other of how many spell cards they plan to use in the duel, even if they don't manage to use all of them.
> One wins a normal Spell Card Duel when their opponent is unable to continue, not necessarily when the opponent has used up all of their spell cards. Though danmaku isn't necessarily strong most of the time, hits give a unique feeling of lethargy / loss of will, further bringing those who fail to dodge closer to being unable to continue. Though this doesn't affect their dodging or attacking, consecutive hits will only increase this until the victim is unable to continue, regardless of how incredible or poor their stamina is.
> Declaring a Spell Card puts the user in a Spell Card Trance if no one is in one yet. A trance allows one to use more of their abilities and greatly endure more punishment at the expense of lessening their freedom, such as dodging as freely as outside of a trance and being stuck to the pattern of their spell card. There is a limit to how long a Spell Card can last, and enough punishment can break a user out of their trance. Being in a Spell Card Trance prevents the user from feeling the demeaning effects of being hit by danmaku unless they are broken out of it, meaning it's always better to have entered a Spell Card Trance than not.
> If one uses a Spell Card while the opponent is already in a trance, their spell card will instead become a bomb, which is more focused at the expense of being much shorter. Bombs actively clear enemy danmaku past their declaration and keep you safe from danmaku in their short duration.
> A Spell Card used in a trance can't be repeated, but it can be used as a bomb. Spell Cards used as Bombs are allowed to repeat, however, bombs are limited to 3 usages.
> One must always be vulnerable outside of Spell Cards that require otherwise. Intangibility and deflection of danmaku, for example, are counted as invulnerabilities.
> More lenient or different versions of Spell Card Duels exist, usually agreed upon by the participants of such. Certain cases allow direct combat outside of danmaku, or permit invulnerabilities.
> You wonder if you'll even be able to use the spell card rules with those fairies...
>_

 > Think that as a rehearsal+testing+gauging for Spellcard Duels,Rules, Patterning could be useful for both us,Clownpiece and the"Clownpiece's team"...of course with eventual applications, training ,discoveries,etc. even outside Spellcard Duels ,or at least going from a Spell Card Duel to a Duel or viceversa...

 > Accept A Testing Spellcard Duel vs Clownpiece then.

> Ask the tengu with concern if , in the case they choose returning to the Tengu Village or near,they have a backup plan,or better yet a backup plan and a refuge,to avoid getting rushed directly or besieged by the Strange Super Powered Fairies...

> To the villager : " Oh,I see,then could you tell me how to find this "history teacher" ,though I am still try to meeting Akyuu first but in the eventuality it is a no-go...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 02:54:53 AM
//Well it seems Branneg is on board.
//Any objections Phil?

Prime:
>"Fair enough."
>Stretch and crack our knuckles.
>"It's been a while since I last had a spellcard duel anyway. Does three cards each sound good or would you prefer less than that? I only have three available right now unfortunately."

>Would our Shadow count as Danmaku if we made a spellcard involving her, since she's technically part of us, or would she considered a separate entity for the purpose of spellcard duels?

>What difficulty variant are our three cards?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 03:39:42 AM
//None at all
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 29, 2021, 04:56:51 AM
> Think that as a rehearsal+testing+gauging for Spellcard Duels,Rules, Patterning could be useful for both us,Clownpiece and the"Clownpiece's team"...of course with eventual applications, training ,discoveries,etc. even outside Spellcard Duels ,or at least going from a Spell Card Duel to a Duel or viceversa...

 > Accept A Testing Spellcard Duel vs Clownpiece then.

> Ask the tengu with concern if , in the case they choose returning to the Tengu Village or near,they have a backup plan,or better yet a backup plan and a refuge,to avoid getting rushed directly or besieged by the Strange Super Powered Fairies...

> To the villager : " Oh,I see,then could you tell me how to find this "history teacher" ,though I am still try to meeting Akyuu first but in the eventuality it is a no-go...
//Well it seems Branneg is on board.
//Any objections Phil?

Prime:
>"Fair enough."
>Stretch and crack our knuckles.
>"It's been a while since I last had a spellcard duel anyway. Does three cards each sound good or would you prefer less than that? I only have three available right now unfortunately."

>Would our Shadow count as Danmaku if we made a spellcard involving her, since she's technically part of us, or would she considered a separate entity for the purpose of spellcard duels?

>What difficulty variant are our three cards?


> "We... We'll manage. It'll be worse to stick here and do nothing." The tengu speak.
> "In that case, are you ready to be sent back to your kind? Just to warn you, I can't promise you'll like what you see." Shadow questions.
> The Tengu nod.
> "All right. Good luck, and stay safe." Shadow seems to evacuate the three currently conscious, leaving the three downed ones left...
> They don't seem as bad now. More like they're asleep.

> You think your shadow would count as danmaku as long as she follows a pattern in spell cards.
> Difficulty is just putting in more effort to your spell cards.
> "Feel free to use as many as you can. It's better if we see more of what you're capable of."
> "So it's you guys..." You hear a new voice. "When the heck are you going to go to sleep? Or at least Shut Up?"
> The owner seems to be a fairy, among a small group of them. Nothing seems to stand out about them. Their outfits vary in color quite a bit, but that's not saying much when the only irregular fairies are those at the mansion. Thus, these fairies do not look very irregular.
> "It's rude to interrupt us like this." Hecatia speaks. "But I suppose we are near the Hakurei Shrine. We might be causing a disturbance for others..."

> "She's at the school usually. Big building- ah, but you probably won't be able to meet either of them this late at night. You should probably turn in find them in the morning." The person advises. "I hear some say that youkai manage to sneak around the village at night..."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 05:10:35 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Well if these three are staying, they might as well rest somewhere more comfy than the floor..."
>Attempt to conjure a few darkness-made "beds" beneath each of the tengu, created such that they rise out of the floor below them and support their bodies as they do so.
>Abort if they start passing through the darkness to the point that it would obscure their mouths and noses, suffocating guests would be bad.
>Create a fourth bed next to our manifestation. Sit on it to test its softness. We want them to be comfy, after all. Make adjustments as necessary and apply it to the other beds.
>Also abort if the beds cost a noticeably large amount of upkeep to maintain.

Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow at the newcomers.
>"Who are you guys anyway?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 05:16:30 AM
Prime:
>"Have we met before?"

Contingency:
>"That was my original plan.  Some issues popped up that accelerated my plans."
>"I'd prefer not to talk about it more than I have to."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 29, 2021, 06:07:18 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Well if these three are staying, they might as well rest somewhere more comfy than the floor..."
>Attempt to conjure a few darkness-made "beds" beneath each of the tengu, created such that they rise out of the floor below them and support their bodies as they do so.
>Abort if they start passing through the darkness to the point that it would obscure their mouths and noses, suffocating guests would be bad.
>Create a fourth bed next to our manifestation. Sit on it to test its softness. We want them to be comfy, after all. Make adjustments as necessary and apply it to the other beds.
>Also abort if the beds cost a noticeably large amount of upkeep to maintain.

Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow at the newcomers.
>"Who are you guys anyway?"
> You try, but can't quite get them to rise from under the Tengu right...
> The Tengu group's rest seems to be quite troubled now. They look worse for ware again. You're not sure if it was the bed thing, homesickness, a sudden illness, or something else. They're still breathing, but it looks more alarming than their condition when you noticed them in here.

> "Talking about rude. It's rude to ask for someone to introduce themselves when you haven't yourselves." One of the fairies points.
> "It's rude to point at others!" Clownpiece retorts.
> "Shouting at others when you don't need to is also rude!" The other group argues.
> "Oh dear..." Hecatia watches.

> "Hm... Well, I won't pry. Good luck."
> The person finally leaves you be to continue with your choice.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 07:02:00 AM
Prime:
>"Oh no, not again."
>Have our darkness crawl under the Earth towards the trio of fairies
>"Well, I'm Rumia youkai of twilight."
>Have our darkness poke their shadows
>When Clownpiece introduces herself repeat the pokes

Contingency:
>"Thanks!"
>Head to Akyuu's estate
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 07:30:47 AM
>Have our darkness crawl under the Earth towards the trio of fairies
>Adjust this to accommodate the actual number of fairies. (Excluding allied fairies such as Clownpiece, of course.)
//I don't think it was confirmed that there were three. All that was stated was it was a small group.

Shadow Realm:
>Dispel the darkness from the bed attempt if we haven't already. (Assuming dispelling it was implicit when aborting, but just in case)
>Close in on the Tengu, attempt to diagnose their condition to the best that our limited medical experience allows
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 29, 2021, 08:31:45 AM
Prime:
>"Oh no, not again."
>Have our darkness crawl under the Earth towards the trio of fairies
>"Well, I'm Rumia youkai of twilight."
>Have our darkness poke their shadows
>When Clownpiece introduces herself repeat the pokes

Contingency:
>"Thanks!"
>Head to Akyuu's estate
>Adjust this to accommodate the actual number of fairies. (Excluding allied fairies such as Clownpiece, of course.)
//I don't think it was confirmed that there were three. All that was stated was it was a small group.

Shadow Realm:
>Dispel the darkness from the bed attempt if we haven't already. (Assuming dispelling it was implicit when aborting, but just in case)
>Close in on the Tengu, attempt to diagnose their condition to the best that our limited medical experience allows
> You have gotten rid of your darkness for the beds already.
> It looks a bit familiar is the best you can guage. But you can't quite put your finger on what's wrong. Whether that's poor memory, or not actually being what you thought was familiar about it.

> You sneak your darkness towards the fairy group.
> Though something is stopping you from reaching them and their shadows. Less of a wall or barrier, more of something actively keeping you away. Especially from one of the fairies.
> Regardless, you introduce yourself.
> "Sounds familiar..." One of them says.
> "Well, Rumia, you're gazing upon the Absolute Best Fairies!" One proudly boasts.
> "Sunny Milk!"
> "Star Sapphire~"
> "Luna Ch-" "Oh, you three!" Clownpiece interrupts, pointing at them herself. "I knew you'd be competing."
> "It's rude to interru-"
> "The Three Fairies of Light are not known to be shown up by anyone." Sunny boasts further, interrupting Luna again.
> "Except for a few times." Star speaks.
> "SHH! We're not known for it!"
> "You guys were making it very hard to get to sleep." Luna complains. "What are you even doing out here?"
> "Hm? You aren't going to fight us?" Junko questions.

> You continue in the indicated direction, soon reaching a larger building that seems like the mentioned manor... There are people in the way of the entrance, however.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 08:48:51 AM
//I'm just waiting for an excuse to start calling Clownpiece "Madam President" as her Best Fairy title.

Prime:
>Which one said our name sounded familiar?
>"Ah, so these are those fairies you mentioned. How curious..."
>Absorb more ambient darkness into our tendrils in an attempt to probe deeper into the force keeping us at bay. Do we gain any distance?
>"Anyway, this is your operation, so it's your choice whether or not to tell them."

Shadow Realm:
>Check on the fish. Are they still healthy?
>Do we seem to be gaining darkness from anything in here?
>>If so, and it's from the tengu, put a clamp on that immediately.
>"Shadow, does anything about the condition of these tengu seem familiar at all?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 09:00:14 AM
Prime:
>"Wait, weren't you three at the test of courage?"
>Smack the bottom of our fist against our palm
>"You're the ghost girls!"

Contingency:
>"Hello!  I'm here to see miss Akyuu."
>"I have information that may be important."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 09:14:43 AM
Prime:
>"Wait, weren't you three at the test of courage?"
>Smack the bottom of our fist against our palm
>"You're the ghost girls!"
>Hold on this.

//What test of courage? I don't recall such a thing happening in this quest.
//Unless your intention is to lie to them in order to confuse them.
//Either way I would like a bit of clarification.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 09:16:43 AM
//@Phil edit
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 09:20:33 AM
//It is a reference to the test of courage in the comics.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 09:28:49 AM
//It is a reference to the test of courage in the comics.
//Two things though:
//1. It may not be canon to this quest's continuity.
//2. Was Rumia even present for that to begin with?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 09:51:46 AM
Prime:
>"Wait, weren't you three at the test of courage?"
>Smack the bottom of our fist against our palm
>"You're the ghost girls!"

>Do this if the test of courage is cannon.

//Rumia was there.  She chased Youmu and danced with the ghost half.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 29, 2021, 12:57:09 PM
>Do this if the test of courage is cannon.

//Rumia was there.  She chased Youmu and danced with the ghost half.
//Did she interact with the fairies of light at the event, though?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 04:32:06 PM
//No, not really.  The fairies came running to the Hakurei shrine screaming about ghost.  Everyone went and retrieve the Watermelons the ghost had cooled and ate.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 30, 2021, 01:12:56 AM
//I'm just waiting for an excuse to start calling Clownpiece "Madam President" as her Best Fairy title.

Prime:
>Which one said our name sounded familiar?
>"Ah, so these are those fairies you mentioned. How curious..."
>Absorb more ambient darkness into our tendrils in an attempt to probe deeper into the force keeping us at bay. Do we gain any distance?
>"Anyway, this is your operation, so it's your choice whether or not to tell them."

Shadow Realm:
>Check on the fish. Are they still healthy?
>Do we seem to be gaining darkness from anything in here?
>>If so, and it's from the tengu, put a clamp on that immediately.
>"Shadow, does anything about the condition of these tengu seem familiar at all?"
Prime:
>"Wait, weren't you three at the test of courage?"
>Smack the bottom of our fist against our palm
>"You're the ghost girls!"

Contingency:
>"Hello!  I'm here to see miss Akyuu."
>"I have information that may be important."
>Hold on this.

//What test of courage? I don't recall such a thing happening in this quest.
//Unless your intention is to lie to them in order to confuse them.
//Either way I would like a bit of clarification.
>Do this if the test of courage is cannon.

//Rumia was there.  She chased Youmu and danced with the ghost half.
> You don't recall these three. And they don't seem to recall you either. Aside from Star, who claimed you(r name) sounded familiar.

> The one who introduced herself as Star.
> You take in more darkness and try to pierce past whatever's stopping you.
> You do gain more distance, slowly getting closer.
> Star seems to whisper something to the two fairies that you now know the names of.
> "Well, we're doing something sorta important. But I guess sleep is important too..." Clownpiece considers.
> The trio steps back some. While the other accompany fairies do not.

> "Yeah, sorry, that's my fault. I'll fix it." Shadow answers.
> The Tengu still look bothered, but it looks like it's lessening?
> "By the way, I think our grand culprit is at the top of the mountain. I also think I should be nowhere near there under any circumstances; I suspect my presence will only feed them and make them stronger."
> The fish seem fine... You wonder why they can survive in here.

> "You can relay it to one of us and we'll try to get it to her."
> "Hey. You're that darkness youkai." The other person squints. "The one always going around in a black sphere and-."
> "Hey!" The first person elbows the second. "Doesn't matter if she is. Do you think people really go about doing that sort of thing? Like pointing and going 'Oh, it's the super dangerous youkai Kazami Yuuka'? They're minding their own business, you mind yours."
> "It's our business now though. She's at the front door of the Hieda-"
> "Doing what? Eating us? Trying to assassinate someone? Just shut up and keep your eyes peeled if you're so worried."
> The second person grumbles a bit.
> "As I was saying..." The first clears their throat. "If you have something you want to say, we'll try to get it across to her."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 30, 2021, 01:29:23 AM
Prime:
>Curious.
>Have our underground tendrils snake around them so that the tips of them roughly surround them in a circle.
>Have them maintain their current radius from them, though.

Shadow Realm:
>"Not to mention a certain pair of goddesses that might make approaching that spot a bit more difficult than normal anyway..."

Contingency:
>Feel a bit satisfied at the recognition.
><insert Phil actions here.>
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 30, 2021, 02:39:43 AM
//I was not expecting them to recognize us
Prime:
>How many fairies are there

Shadow Realm:
>"It would probably be better to find information about the culprit before we move against them."
>"Are the fairies with the kappa fighting against the ones invading the tengu?"

Contingency:
>"I actually came for two reasons.  I had hope to read Akyuu's notes about myself."
>"The other was to give a warning about an incident, non danmaku."
>Let out a sigh as we prepare to talk about the incident
>"Fairies have invaded the homes of tengu.  They've been able to overwhelm the tengu with power and were seen using tengu as body shields."
>"I'm not sure if it is more wide spread."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 30, 2021, 03:11:35 AM
Prime:
>Curious.
>Have our underground tendrils snake around them so that the tips of them roughly surround them in a circle.
>Have them maintain their current radius from them, though.

Shadow Realm:
>"Not to mention a certain pair of goddesses that might make approaching that spot a bit more difficult than normal anyway..."

Contingency:
>Feel a bit satisfied at the recognition.
><insert Phil actions here.>
//I was not expecting them to recognize us
Prime:
>How many fairies are there

Shadow Realm:
>"It would probably be better to find information about the culprit before we move against them."
>"Are the fairies with the kappa fighting against the ones invading the tengu?"

Contingency:
>"I actually came for two reasons.  I had hope to read Akyuu's notes about myself."
>"The other was to give a warning about an incident, non danmaku."
>Let out a sigh as we prepare to talk about the incident
>"Fairies have invaded the homes of tengu.  They've been able to overwhelm the tengu with power and were seen using tengu as body shields."
>"I'm not sure if it is more wide spread."
> You keep your distance, but go around a bit...
> Sunny seems to create a small ball of light, which pushes your darkness just a bit further back, though doesn't seem to make them any weaker.
> "Oh thanks. It's been annoyingly dark." One of the other fairies says.
> 6 in total, including the Three Fairies of Light.

> "Does it have to be tonight?" Luna questions.
> "I guess it doesn't... It can wait." Clownpiece answers.
> "We're totally not planning to beat you up in your sleep or anything." Sunny says.
> "We have more important things to do in the morning." Star speaks.

> "Some of the fairies did mention a shrine, and how those that had gone there hadn't come back yet..." Shadow advises, then answers your other question. "I think X is already planning on moving against them. I can't get more information about them, though, because all of my darkness on the mountain got absorbed by them. Last I was aware, the situation between those two groups was a bit tense, but they seemed to come together over mutual concern for the group at the shrine. Who knows how things are going now, though."
> You wonder if it's your turn to chastise X with an "I told you so". If you knew the situation more, maybe you could...

> You feel a bit good that you're known enough to be recognized, and seen through a disguise, somewhat...
> "That's uh, the Tengu's problem then. This is the Human Village you know..."
> "The Hakurei Shrine Maiden sometimes deals with youkai problems like that. But I wouldn't bother her this late if I were you."
> "I'm not sure how I feel about you trying to get informed about yourself..." The second person suspects.
> "If I recall correctly, you're seen as someone that doesn't get along much with humans, and are weaker among the youkai. But a youkai's still a youkai, and humans don't usually match up to their strength. Which, I've heard, you use more than your darkness."
> "Are you just gonna sit here and make small talk with her?"
> "Huh? Oh yeah, sure. Good idea." The first person sits down. "Why not? You didn't wanna chat or anything."
> "I can't believe this..."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 30, 2021, 03:32:58 AM
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow at the light ball.
>Absorb more ambient darkness and attempt to push back.
>Have one tendril target the fairy that commented on it being annoyingly dark specifically and give their shadow a harmless but noticeable poke before retracting that tendril back to the original "standby distance."

Shadow Realm:
>Tengu condition.
>Make a bed off to the side, test it for softness and tangibility.

Contingency:
>Parse if Phil doesn't object:
>>Shrug.
>>"I mean, yeah, I'm not much as far as youkai go, but I would still like to know bit more about myself. I have a rather poor recollection of my own past, you see, so I was wondering if there might be any records of me or any youkai like me."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 30, 2021, 03:47:58 AM
Contingency:
>"I thought it useful for the village to be aware in case it is more widespread."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 30, 2021, 07:08:06 AM
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow at the light ball.
>Absorb more ambient darkness and attempt to push back.
>Have one tendril target the fairy that commented on it being annoyingly dark specifically and give their shadow a harmless but noticeable poke before retracting that tendril back to the original "standby distance."

Shadow Realm:
>Tengu condition.
>Make a bed off to the side, test it for softness and tangibility.

Contingency:
>Parse if Phil doesn't object:
>>Shrug.
>>"I mean, yeah, I'm not much as far as youkai go, but I would still like to know bit more about myself. I have a rather poor recollection of my own past, you see, so I was wondering if there might be any records of me or any youkai like me."
Contingency:
>"I thought it useful for the village to be aware in case it is more widespread."
> You try to make a bed of darkness again, sitting on it and... feeling that it doesn't really feel like a bed.
> The Tengu seem fine again now... You think one of them might be waking up. Or still asleep. Nevermind. Fair, given it's nighttime...

> You take in more darkness and try to push further, but can't get further...
> You can still reach the other fairies that didn't step back though, and poke at the shadow of the one that complained.
> "Ah?" She glances down. "I think it heard me..."
> "Ooh. You better not insult the darkness any more then." Another says.
> "I guess if everyone's waiting to the morning for things, we should too. Hm, but there's a lot of us now... Where do we sleep?" Clownpiece looks between her group.
> "You don't live at the Hakurei Shrine?" Junko questions.
> "N-Not exactly..." Clownpiece states.
> "Well you can't crash at our place." Sunny speaks. "We're already running out of room."

> "I guess we'll be a bit careful of fairies then."
> "Their annoying tricks are the only real worry. Otherwise, their weak. She probably just got tricked by them. "
> "...Nothing like that's released or anything." The first answers. "You're better off asking some of the longer lived Youkai. Or study history and see if you notice yourself. ...That's not a line I thought I'd ever hear myself say."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 30, 2021, 07:19:36 AM
Prime:
>Take in more and try to probe deeper into the fairy exclusion zone.
>"Hmm... if I could make reliable furnishings and was certain about the effects of a non-darkness based entity staying in there for a prolonged period I'd offer my Shadow Realm but unfortunately I'm still experimenting with both of those at the moment..."
>Doubletake
>"Wait, you live at the shrine?"

Shadow Realm:
>Attempt to change the consistency of the darkness of the "mattress" such that it feels softer and we sink in slightly.

Contingency:
>Only parse with Phil's approval:
>>"Normally, yes, they'd be weak. But not these ones. Apparently something or someone seems to be powering them up according to my sources."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 30, 2021, 08:02:33 AM
>Naz

>Consider how difficult it would be to make a house for everyone for the night

Contingency:
>"That's ashame. I'd hope Akyuu would have answers."
>"Do you think the school might have books that could help?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on July 30, 2021, 04:02:48 PM
> Ask Shadow if she was able to discern where the "2 shadow-absorbing fairy groups" of Youkai mountain,those which came together for an agreement,where correspondent to the Top of the Mountain...

>...did they leave any shadow behind?

> ...the Moriya Shrine, is rather close near the top,but there is still a ways to go to reach it...right?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 31, 2021, 04:17:39 AM
Prime:
>Take in more and try to probe deeper into the fairy exclusion zone.
>"Hmm... if I could make reliable furnishings and was certain about the effects of a non-darkness based entity staying in there for a prolonged period I'd offer my Shadow Realm but unfortunately I'm still experimenting with both of those at the moment..."
>Doubletake
>"Wait, you live at the shrine?"

Shadow Realm:
>Attempt to change the consistency of the darkness of the "mattress" such that it feels softer and we sink in slightly.

Contingency:
>Only parse with Phil's approval:
>>"Normally, yes, they'd be weak. But not these ones. Apparently something or someone seems to be powering them up according to my sources."
>Naz

>Consider how difficult it would be to make a house for everyone for the night

Contingency:
>"That's ashame. I'd hope Akyuu would have answers."
>"Do you think the school might have books that could help?"
> Ask Shadow if she was able to discern where the "2 shadow-absorbing fairy groups" of Youkai mountain,those which came together for an agreement,where correspondent to the Top of the Mountain...

>...did they leave any shadow behind?

> ...the Moriya Shrine, is rather close near the top,but there is still a ways to go to reach it...right?
> "The groups of fairies weren't absorbing shadows." Shadow corrects. "Whoever absorbed my darkness there is another party...quite possibly a fairy version of you. Anyway, the kappa fairies and the tengu fairies were about halfway between the two villages when I got got. I have no idea what they took and what they left behind."

> You try even further, but the light seems to keep you at bay well this time.
> "Uhh... not exactly." Clownpiece answers.
> "Well good luck with that. And keep it down." The fairy group starts to leave.

> You try to change the darkness "mattress". Though it only succeeds in letting you fall through it.

> "They probably are just tricks then." The other agrees. "Haven't been any incredible fairy feats that I've seen recently."
> "Maybe." The second answers your question on the books.

> You believe the shrine is close to the top, but not exactly the very top...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 04:43:59 AM
Prime:
>Absorb even more darkness and attempt to probe even further!
>Sharpen the ends of the tendrils to assist with piercing the light.
>Muse aloud: "Huh... Perhaps our meeting was destined, then..."
>Turn our attention to Sunny, visually study the light ball. No need to get closer at this time.

Shadow Realm:
>Frown in irritation.
>Reset the mattress (after moving out of the way so it doesn't clip us) and try again, but using a quarter of what we just did.
>Check on the guests.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 31, 2021, 04:58:52 AM
Prime:
>Absorb even more darkness and attempt to probe even further!
>Sharpen the ends of the tendrils to assist with piercing the light.
>Muse aloud: "Huh... Perhaps our meeting was destined, then..."
>Turn our attention to Sunny, visually study the light ball. No need to get closer at this time.

Shadow Realm:
>Frown in irritation.
>Reset the mattress (after moving out of the way so it doesn't clip us) and try again, but using a quarter of what we just did.
>Check on the guests.
> You try again with more, shaping your darkness a bit.
> You still fail to beat the fairy's light...
> The light ball seems a bit intense. It looks to be more than just energy danmaku for light... At least you think so.
> "So are we really going for that in the morning."
> "Duh. It'll be huge if we manage." Sunny answers one of the other fairies.
> "Cirno might not like that if she notices."
> "It's worth getting on her rough side for a little." Star replies. "She doesn't care for Cirno as much as Cirno thinks, so there won't be any argument there."
> "And what if someone else-..."
> They've gone too far to hear anymore.

> You frown and create the darkness again, switching it a bit and trying to get on.
> It doesn't let you pass this time, and feels solid. Your clothes do go into it though.
> The Tengu are still asleep...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 06:02:57 AM
Prime:
>"It sounds they are going to anger Cirno by recruiting Cirno's friend.  Seems like an opportunity, commander Clownpiece."

>Have our darkness spread out and consume darkness.
>Start making a home, stop if it starts taking too much out of us.

Contingency:
>"Has Akyuu sold any notes from the time of the previous shrine maiden?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 07:40:31 AM
Prime:
>Send a scout tendril in their direction to reestablish visual contact if we can't see them anymore.
>Retract/dispel/reabsorb the other tendrils. (But leave one remaining regardless of whether or not the above applies.)
>"Want me to spy on them for a bit with my darkness?"

Shadow Realm:
>Does it feel comfortable or like a bed, at least...?
>Try laying on it.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 31, 2021, 08:04:01 AM
Prime:
>"It sounds they are going to anger Cirno by recruiting Cirno's friend.  Seems like an opportunity, commander Clownpiece."

>Have our darkness spread out and consume darkness.
>Start making a home, stop if it starts taking too much out of us.

Contingency:
>"Has Akyuu sold any notes from the time of the previous shrine maiden?"
Prime:
>Send a scout tendril in their direction to reestablish visual contact if we can't see them anymore.
>Retract/dispel/reabsorb the other tendrils. (But leave one remaining regardless of whether or not the above applies.)
>"Want me to spy on them for a bit with my darkness?"

Shadow Realm:
>Does it feel comfortable or like a bed, at least...?
>Try laying on it.


> "Opportunity for what? We can't just stay on the move. We need a home so we can sleep first, don't we?" Clownpiece questions.
> "Well we don't need one. We can just carry you while you sleep." Junko says.
> "I-I can't do that to master and master's friend." The fairy argues.
> "If anything, it'd be our pleasure to do something like that~" Hecatia corrects. "Or are we not as comfortable as a bed?"
> "...No..." Clownpiece answers.
> You follow the fairies with a bit of darkness.
> "What would we gain from spying on them?" Clownpiece questions. "What side they sleep on? If they keep the lights on or off?
> You consider what kind of home you're going to make. You never had one yourself, and have only been inside a few, like the Hakurei Shrine...

> It does not feel comfortable.
> You lie down fully. On one hand, your outfit isn't pressing against you. Though on the other hand, it feels weird, or wrong, to lie down without your outfit pressing against you when it should.

> The first looks to the second in question, who shrugs.
> "I don't think we'd know anything about that."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 08:26:53 AM
Prime:
>"Information mostly, such as their plans if they decide to discuss them out loud -- like they just did regarding their plans for Cirno's friend -- as well as an estimate of their forces assuming the fairies that were with them weren't all of it. Stuff like that."
>"As for the opportunity thing, I don't mean it's something that should be done right now. Just something to keep in mind until after we've rested and/or established a base of operations."
>Shrug.
>"On that note, I unfortunately can't help much with the home thing... Though I guess I could try to make a temporary camp or something out of darkness... There won't be any guarantees on comfort, though. Not to mention that I'm not sure how costly such a thing would be to maintain."
>"If worse comes to worse, I'm no stranger to sleeping in the wilderness either. Never really had a place to call home myself anyway, so I'm used to it..."
>Mutter to ourself: "I really should get around to building that cabin..."

Shadow Realm:
>Get up, reset the experiment again.
>Do the same thing, but this time try to layer a "solid" layer of darkness (such as that of our first attempt) inside the "soft" darkness from our previous attempt, a centimeter or so below the surface of the "soft darkness".
>Do the sit and lay tests for comfort.

>"So a fairy version of me, huh? That's an interesting thought..."
>"If a fairy like that really exists, think we should adopt her into our unique little 'Family'? Oh, maybe we should get X in on it too... Hmm... Actually on second thought she might not care... But then again she never objected to me calling her sis, so she could be open to the idea even if she wouldn't admit it out loud..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 08:46:20 AM
Prime:
>Make a simple box shaped home with a slightly slanted roof and enough windows so people inside cam see

Contingency:
>"Thanks you've been a great help."
>"Please tell Akyuu about the incident.  It may be nothing or it could be very serious."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 31, 2021, 10:48:20 AM
Prime:
>"Information mostly, such as their plans if they decide to discuss them out loud -- like they just did regarding their plans for Cirno's friend -- as well as an estimate of their forces assuming the fairies that were with them weren't all of it. Stuff like that."
>"As for the opportunity thing, I don't mean it's something that should be done right now. Just something to keep in mind until after we've rested and/or established a base of operations."
>Shrug.
>"On that note, I unfortunately can't help much with the home thing... Though I guess I could try to make a temporary camp or something out of darkness... There won't be any guarantees on comfort, though. Not to mention that I'm not sure how costly such a thing would be to maintain."
>"If worse comes to worse, I'm no stranger to sleeping in the wilderness either. Never really had a place to call home myself anyway, so I'm used to it..."
>Mutter to ourself: "I really should get around to building that cabin..."

Shadow Realm:
>Get up, reset the experiment again.
>Do the same thing, but this time try to layer a "solid" layer of darkness (such as that of our first attempt) inside the "soft" darkness from our previous attempt, a centimeter or so below the surface of the "soft darkness".
>Do the sit and lay tests for comfort.

>"So a fairy version of me, huh? That's an interesting thought..."
>"If a fairy like that really exists, think we should adopt her into our unique little 'Family'? Oh, maybe we should get X in on it too... Hmm... Actually on second thought she might not care... But then again she never objected to me calling her sis, so she could be open to the idea even if she wouldn't admit it out loud..."
Prime:
>Make a simple box shaped home with a slightly slanted roof and enough windows so people inside cam see

Contingency:
>"Thanks you've been a great help."
>"Please tell Akyuu about the incident.  It may be nothing or it could be very serious."
> You make a large mostly cube shape of darkness with some holes in it, in an attempt to make a house.
> It still seems like you haven't broken your record for spending too much darkness yet since making copies of yourself.
> "I guess. It's not like it's against any rules or anything. If we can do it, we'll get an advantage. Or just hear them share bed stories to each other... Anyways, if they're going after Cirno's friend, should we go to the lake next?" Clownpiece considers.
> "Is that where they are?" Junko asks.
> "I'm not the one that was listening to them. I had my own worries." The fairy says, then yawns.

> The other fairy group starts for a tree near the Hakurei Shrine, the interior of which seems surprisingly well lit despite the exterior not giving such hints.
> "So what are we gonna do about that Rumia trying to get to us?" One of the fairies questions.
> "Sunny's light seems stronger than her darkness." Star speaks. "There's nothing to worry about, even if they spy on us."
> With such a line, the long haired fairy glances down directly at your darkness, despite how it should be hidden in this environment... The others are at least oblivious.
> "You mean if they try to." Sunny corrects, heading in first. "No one can spy on the Three Fairies of Light. Do it, Luna."
> "I can't do it forever." Luna replies as she enters with the others to.
> "At least until we get to sleep. We've got plans to discuss now."
> "There are some that can spy-" Star enters last, at which point, you fail to hear anything else, despite seeing her mouth still move.
> Though even the sight of the fairies is lost, as the exterior of the tree becomes that of... well, just a tree.
> At least, you know how the interior of their house kinda looks? A home like that seems great...

> You get up and try again.
> Your results have you pass through the soft, as usual. and onto the solid part, as if the former isn't even there.
> "I told you X is already planning on moving against that aforementioned group." Shadow repeats.

> "Yeah yeah... We'll tell." The second guard says.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 11:17:30 AM
Prime:
>"Hmm... That Star fairy must have some kind of sensory ability. She seems to be aware of my tendril's position despite it being underground."
>Chuckle.
>"Guess that means I'll have to get creative..."

>"Anyway it doesn't seem like this little hut I made is costing much to maintain... So maybe it'll work? It'll unfortunately be quite bare bones, though... My attempts to make beds haven't been going well..."
>We don't necessarily need to sleep, correct?
>Do we remember (from what pre-seal memories we have) if darkness constructs go away when we lose consciousness (such as during sleep)?

>Ponder if the sound masking is an area affect like the light.
>Are we capable of lipreading? If so, do that while performing below actions:

>Shunt a full 5% of our current darkness into the spy tendril and have it travel towards the tip. (Assuming all prior attempts took a fraction of a percent.)
>>Have Prime absorb some underground darkness to compensate if this action causes hunger.
>Have the tendril's tip expand to cover the entire area under the fairies house (while remaining unseen, of course.)
>Dedicate 20% of the "spy blanket"s mass (which would be equivalent to 1% of Prime's darkness) into attempting to get closer to the trio from all sides at once. Dub this arrangement the "penetration circle".
>>Have the entire hidden plane of darkness spin counterclockwise as this is happening, such that the "penetration circle" is spiraling inwards as its radius decreases.

Shadow Realm:

>"Oh yeah, now that you mention it I hope that she's careful when she does make her move... Well, I expect her to be, but still..."

>Curses!
>Reset the experiment again.
>Look jokingly at our Shadow.
>"...I'm missing something simple and you're going to laugh when I finally realize what it is, aren't you?"

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 04:53:15 PM
>Do we need to sleep?

Shadow Realm:
>Create a solid cube of darkness
>Keep a hand pressed down on it
>Slowly pull darkness out of the center
>At any point does it feel soft?

//I'm not sure what to do with contingency
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 31, 2021, 09:29:37 PM
Prime:
>"Hmm... That Star fairy must have some kind of sensory ability. She seems to be aware of my tendril's position despite it being underground."
>Chuckle.
>"Guess that means I'll have to get creative..."

>"Anyway it doesn't seem like this little hut I made is costing much to maintain... So maybe it'll work? It'll unfortunately be quite bare bones, though... My attempts to make beds haven't been going well..."
>We don't necessarily need to sleep, correct?
>Do we remember (from what pre-seal memories we have) if darkness constructs go away when we lose consciousness (such as during sleep)?

>Ponder if the sound masking is an area affect like the light.
>Are we capable of lipreading? If so, do that while performing below actions:

>Shunt a full 5% of our current darkness into the spy tendril and have it travel towards the tip. (Assuming all prior attempts took a fraction of a percent.)
>>Have Prime absorb some underground darkness to compensate if this action causes hunger.
>Have the tendril's tip expand to cover the entire area under the fairies house (while remaining unseen, of course.)
>Dedicate 20% of the "spy blanket"s mass (which would be equivalent to 1% of Prime's darkness) into attempting to get closer to the trio from all sides at once. Dub this arrangement the "penetration circle".
>>Have the entire hidden plane of darkness spin counterclockwise as this is happening, such that the "penetration circle" is spiraling inwards as its radius decreases.

Shadow Realm:

>"Oh yeah, now that you mention it I hope that she's careful when she does make her move... Well, I expect her to be, but still..."

>Curses!
>Reset the experiment again.
>Look jokingly at our Shadow.
>"...I'm missing something simple and you're going to laugh when I finally realize what it is, aren't you?"
>Do we need to sleep?

Shadow Realm:
>Create a solid cube of darkness
>Keep a hand pressed down on it
>Slowly pull darkness out of the center
>At any point does it feel soft?

//I'm not sure what to do with contingency
> "Oh. I think she can know where things are. It's impossible to beat her in hide and seek when she's the seeker." Clownpiece explains.
> "Alright, let's start for that lake. We won't engage anyone yet." Hecatia lifts Clownpiece, holding her in her arms.
> "Ah. Should I sleep now?"
> The redhead nods.
> You like to sleep. You're not sure if you don't need it though. You might, especially considering you ended up falling asleep a while after your seal was removed, and for a while too...
> You don't think they would. That darkness surrounding the Hakurei Shrine didn't go away when you slept.
> Even if you could read lips, you can't see any of them or their home. It's just a tree as far as you can see now.
> You dedicate more darkness towards the spying darkness and surround the tree.
> This method seems to manage a bit better? But still fails to get that much distance compared to the previous.

> You get rid of the darkness yet again.
> And make a cube instead.
> It doesn't seem to be getting softer yet. Even when you've pulled out almost all the darkness, the part you're pressing down on still feels the same.
> "Depends on what you're trying to do." Shadow replies.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 09:50:47 PM
Prime:
>Have the spy blanket dedicate an additional 20% of its allocated darkness to the penetration circle. (Such that the penetration circle is now using 2% of Prime's darkness.)
>"Hmm.. that's something to keep in mind then. By the way, it seems like that light creating fairy is capable of keeping my darkness away in a radius around herself. However,  it seems like I can overpower it if I dedicate enough of my mass to the task. Not sure the exact amount yet, but probing her defenses -- even if shes unaware that I'm doing it -- is the most fun I've had in a while... She's Interesting, to say the least."
>"Do you plan on subjugating or recruiting those three if we beat them? If so, may I formally request that I personally keep watch on the light fairy?"
>Dispel the house since it seems like we won't need it anymore...

Shadow Realm:
>"I'm trying to make a bed, though my attempts so far haven't felt comfortable at all. Currently I'm trying to soften the darkness a bit so it actually feels like a bed when you lay on it."
>"Mainly doing it to give our guests a better place to rest than the floor and to experiment with darkness crafting a bit."

Contingency:
>if Phil approves:
>>Depart for now.
>>Casually walk around the village. Stay away from areas that would likely out us as a youkai if we were seen in them at this hour.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 10:33:03 PM
Prime:
>If the penetration circle fails try have a portion of blanket form a drill and try to drill our way in.

Shadow Realm
>Try eating a bit of darkness from one of the fish in the Shadow tank
->Replace the darkness we ate with our own
-->Stop if the fish seems to be in pain

Contingency
>Naz

//We should put a dome with holes around their home while they are sleeping so they think it is still dark in the morning
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 10:36:17 PM
Prime:
>If the penetration circle fails try have a portion of blanket form a drill and try to drill our way in.
>Not yet.

//I want to see how much we can accomplish  by mass alone first.

//Plus surrounding them from all sides is an attempt to mitigate Star. Sure she can tell where it is, but if it's everywhere then it might make it more difficult to spot what's actually actively doing something
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 31, 2021, 10:42:08 PM
Prime:
>Have the spy blanket dedicate an additional 20% of its allocated darkness to the penetration circle. (Such that the penetration circle is now using 2% of Prime's darkness.)
>"Hmm.. that's something to keep in mind then. By the way, it seems like that light creating fairy is capable of keeping my darkness away in a radius around herself. However,  it seems like I can overpower it if I dedicate enough of my mass to the task. Not sure the exact amount yet, but probing her defenses -- even if shes unaware that I'm doing it -- is the most fun I've had in a while... She's Interesting, to say the least."
>"Do you plan on subjugating or recruiting those three if we beat them? If so, may I formally request that I personally keep watch on the light fairy?"
>Dispel the house since it seems like we won't need it anymore...

Shadow Realm:
>"I'm trying to make a bed, though my attempts so far haven't felt comfortable at all. Currently I'm trying to soften the darkness a bit so it actually feels like a bed when you lay on it."
>"Mainly doing it to give our guests a better place to rest than the floor and to experiment with darkness crafting a bit."

Contingency:
>if Phil approves:
>>Depart for now.
>>Casually walk around the village. Stay away from areas that would likely out us as a youkai if we were seen in them at this hour.
Prime:
>If the penetration circle fails try have a portion of blanket form a drill and try to drill our way in.

Shadow Realm
>Try eating a bit of darkness from one of the fish in the Shadow tank
->Replace the darkness we ate with our own
-->Stop if the fish seems to be in pain

Contingency
>Naz

//We should put a dome with holes around their home while they are sleeping so they think it is still dark in the morning
> You put more darkness into the experiment, though fail to get any further despite such...
> "Oh. We could. Having strong fairies under me would mean that I'm even better than other fairies that don't. Maybe. And they should be trustworthy enough to join me if I win." Clownpiece states.
> You get rid of the house in progress as Hecatia begins heading off, followed by Junko.

> "Oh, comfort, huh..." Shadow speaks.
> The three Tengu begin to stand up. Though they're still asleep...
> You try to take darkness from within one of the fish and replace it with your own.
> It seems to go through without causing the fish any pain... as far as you can tell?

> You leave the residence's area and start to wander the village.
> There's much less cats here, at least... You doubt many humans would be out this late, so you're already standing out...
> You wonder if the first person you met was even human given such...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on July 31, 2021, 11:09:00 PM
Prime:
>"Sounds like a plan for the future then. Ah, I look forward to having them join our ranks in that case."
>Start following, but maintain connection to the spy blanket. This seems like a good opportunity to test our tendril's effective range.

>Speaking of, shunt an additional 2% of Prime's mass down the tendril to the blanket. Allocate this new mass entirely to the penetration circle.
>Double the speed of rotation of the entire assembly.

>Ponder the fact that we have three rivals now: Our true rival/frenemy Sendai, Our sisterly rival in X, and now a natural rival in Sunny.

Shadow Realm:
>"I don't think sleeping while standing is going to be much more comfortable than the floor... Besides, being able to create a functional bed could be advantageous if I ever need to create a camp for others or have people in here for a prolonged period... Plus I could potentially apply the techniques used to other applications of darkness as well..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 11:32:31 PM
>Continue with the fish experiment

>Send a tendril to follow the circle up and down
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on July 31, 2021, 11:41:14 PM
Prime:
>"Sounds like a plan for the future then. Ah, I look forward to having them join our ranks in that case."
>Start following, but maintain connection to the spy blanket. This seems like a good opportunity to test our tendril's effective range.

>Speaking of, shunt an additional 2% of Prime's mass down the tendril to the blanket. Allocate this new mass entirely to the penetration circle.
>Double the speed of rotation of the entire assembly.

>Ponder the fact that we have three rivals now: Our true rival/frenemy Sendai, Our sisterly rival in X, and now a natural rival in Sunny.

Shadow Realm:
>"I don't think sleeping while standing is going to be much more comfortable than the floor... Besides, being able to create a functional bed could be advantageous if I ever need to create a camp for others or have people in here for a prolonged period... Plus I could potentially apply the techniques used to other applications of darkness as well..."
>Continue with the fish experiment

>Send a tendril to follow the circle up and down
> "They're not lying on the ground anymore, though." Shadow explains.
> You start to follow the group. Though given they're getting closer to, and about to pass the shrine, you're closer to the tree.
> You put more darkness into the attempt to get through the light of the tree, and also move it faster around.
> You seem to be actively getting past the light now.

> You've already finished what you've tried with the fish you choose.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 01, 2021, 12:17:05 AM
>Try to manipulate the fish's body with the inner darkness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 01, 2021, 12:37:08 AM
Prime:
>Success!
>Continue to close in the penetration circle with the goal of establishing visual contact with the fairies while remaining visually undetected. (Star doesn't count.) See if we can get past whatever muting effect is happening.

Shadow Realm:
>"Well yeah, but that's not the point. If anything sleeping while standing is worse than lying down. Really the difference was more of getting them to lie on a soft, comfortable surface than a rigid, hard one. Not to mention that they're injured, so it's better that they're laying down anyway."
>Attempt to make the bed again, this time when we lay on it have the solid darkness conform to the curves and contours of our body.
>Does it feel more or less comfy than previous attempts?

Contingency:
>Look around as we walk. Any interesting sights?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 01, 2021, 12:59:49 AM
>Try to manipulate the fish's body with the inner darkness
Prime:
>Success!
>Continue to close in the penetration circle with the goal of establishing visual contact with the fairies while remaining visually undetected. (Star doesn't count.) See if we can get past whatever muting effect is happening.

Shadow Realm:
>"Well yeah, but that's not the point. If anything sleeping while standing is worse than lying down. Really the difference was more of getting them to lie on a soft, comfortable surface than a rigid, hard one. Not to mention that they're injured, so it's better that they're laying down anyway."
>Attempt to make the bed again, this time when we lay on it have the solid darkness conform to the curves and contours of our body.
>Does it feel more or less comfy than previous attempts?

Contingency:
>Look around as we walk. Any interesting sights?

> You try to move the fish, succeeding a bit in such with the darkness inside of it.
> It still seems fine and alive...

> You continue closing in closer to the tree, eventually managing to see the entrance to their place again. Though not the full interior yet.

> The three Tengu lie back down...
> You remake the bed, lying down and moving the darkness around your body.
> It's... better than lying on the unchanging one you had before. But still a bit weird as a seat.

> Nothing yet...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 01, 2021, 01:06:10 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Get up and reset the experiment.
>Ponder if we could replicate something more easily if we had an actual example to work with.
>When we remake the bed, concentrate on how Sanae's bed felt when shaping it.
>Does this make any difference when we test it?

Prime:
>Penetration Circle: Keep going. Pick up the pace if necessary.

>"So... since we're going to be working together for the foreseeable future, maybe we can get to know each other more?"

// I'm bad at small talk lol

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 01, 2021, 01:33:00 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Get up and reset the experiment.
>Ponder if we could replicate something more easily if we had an actual example to work with.
>When we remake the bed, concentrate on how Sanae's bed felt when shaping it.
>Does this make any difference when we test it?

Prime:
>Penetration Circle: Keep going. Pick up the pace if necessary.

>"So... since we're going to be working together for the foreseeable future, maybe we can get to know each other more?"

// I'm bad at small talk lol
> You get up and try again, trying to shape it into something like Sanae's bed...
> Unfortunately, it doesn't make it any better... Though it looks more like a bed now.
> The three Tengu cuddle up together in their sleep.

> You continue, trying to go faster at it, and managing to get faster.
> The interior looks like... they've fallen asleep?
> You wonder how close they were to sleeping before they had to come out and yell at your group...

> "Ask Master and Master's friend... I'm too tired." Clownpiece says.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 01, 2021, 01:45:37 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Stifle a laugh upon seeing the Tengu.
>"Okay now that's adorable."

>"So you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm curious how you came to know these people. On a related note, did you give them a name when you introduced yourself? If my dear shadow has decided to take on a name of her own I'd be very interesting in hearing it, after all."

Prime:
>Close the penetration circle completely, leaving just a complete plane of espionage darkness.
>Leave the spy blanket there to monitor any activity during the night.

>"I was referring to everyone here in general anyway. Anyway, sleep well, Commander."

Contingency:
>Anything interesting yet?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 01, 2021, 01:59:00 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Stifle a laugh upon seeing the Tengu.
>"Okay now that's adorable."

>"So you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm curious how you came to know these people. On a related note, did you give them a name when you introduced yourself? If my dear shadow has decided to take on a name of her own I'd be very interesting in hearing it, after all."

Prime:
>Close the penetration circle completely, leaving just a complete plane of espionage darkness.
>Leave the spy blanket there to monitor any activity during the night.

>"I was referring to everyone here in general anyway. Anyway, sleep well, Commander."

Contingency:
>Anything interesting yet?
> "I was heading to the mountain to explore when I came across the three of them already out cold. Two of the three conscious ones from earlier were with them. I never gave them a name, since there was no reason to." Shadow explains herself.

> You close the circle.
> "There's not much to say. I'm the Goddess of Hell, Hecatia Lapislazuli. Clownpiece here is my subordinate, while Junko is a friend of mine."

> Buildings that don't seem to have anything interesting about them, that's all.
> You feel like you're being watched, but can't tell from where, nor how, so there isn't much you can do...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 01, 2021, 02:18:36 AM
Prime:
>Make a dome pinholes over the tree
->Try to make so in the day the fairies will think the dome is the night sky filled with stars

>"How did the three of you meet?"

Contingency:
>How does this feeling compare to when Yukari spies on people?

>Are we alone in the street?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 01, 2021, 02:24:11 AM
Prime:
>Make a dome pinholes over the tree
->Try to make so in the day the fairies will think the dome is the night sky filled with stars

>"How did the three of you meet?"

Contingency:
>How does this feeling compare to when Yukari spies on people?

>Are we alone in the street?
> You're not sure how to replicate a sky filled with stars in the day without the stars themselves...

> "It's a long story. I won't bore you with it. More importantly, it seems like we might run into an issue." Hecatia gestures ahead.
> Though you're still far from the lake, it looks to be active over there... You're not sure if it's fairies or what.

> You don't recall such a feeling enough. But you think she would only do it from one direction...
> Yes.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 01, 2021, 02:40:51 AM
Prime:
>Replicate the stars by putting numerous small holes in the dome so the sunlight comes through and looks like stars

>"Here's hoping to not facing Mega Ultra Chicken fairies this soon."

>"Shadow mentioned trouble at the mansion.  I think we'll get a taste of what empowered fairies can do."

Shadow Real:
>Look through the fish's brain
->Make a copy of some neurons and attach it to the fish's

Contingency:
>Listen for the sound of flying fairies
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 01, 2021, 03:44:20 AM
Prime:
>Replicate the stars by putting numerous small holes in the dome so the sunlight comes through and looks like stars

>"Here's hoping to not facing Mega Ultra Chicken fairies this soon."

>"Shadow mentioned trouble at the mansion.  I think we'll get a taste of what empowered fairies can do."

Shadow Real:
>Look through the fish's brain
->Make a copy of some neurons and attach it to the fish's

Contingency:
>Listen for the sound of flying fairies
> You cover the rest of the tree's outer area with darkness, forming a dome, and making a tiny few holes in it.
> "We'll be fine." Hecatia says.

> You try, though can't really see anything with this darkness, naturally. You can feel, of course, but that's not really looking at it in the same way.
> You don't know how to replicate neurons...

> You don't hear any.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 01, 2021, 03:59:00 AM
Prime:
>"So uh... you're a goddess?"
>Bow respectfully.
>"Apologies if I didn't show proper respect earlier."

Shadow Realm:
>"I see..."

Contingency:
>Continue walking along and start making our way discreetly to the exit of the village.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 01, 2021, 04:05:56 AM
Prime:
>"So uh... you're a goddess?"
>Bow respectfully.
>"Apologies if I didn't show proper respect earlier."

Shadow Realm:
>"I see..."

Contingency:
>Continue walking along and start making our way discreetly to the exit of the village.
> "So we have no reason to worry against the fairies."

> You start to make your way out of the village...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 01, 2021, 07:04:30 AM
> You're not sure how to replicate a sky filled with stars in the day without the stars themselves...

> "It's a long story. I won't bore you with it. More importantly, it seems like we might run into an issue." Hecatia gestures ahead.
> Though you're still far from the lake, it looks to be active over there... You're not sure if it's fairies or what.

> You don't recall such a feeling enough. But you think she would only do it from one direction...
> Yes.
>_

// Clownpiece's tiredness could delay to starting to close distance to the Misty Lake,but with the help of  a " Rumia's shadow scout probe" before the C.Team as a stealthy investigative relay...//

Prime :

> Observe the Misty Lake and say :" Issues indeed have chosen this time springing up around the Misty Lake ,so I suggest we start moving over there to not lose any discovery of important elements ,but before that...

>...it is best to send 1 of my  " underground shadow probe" before us to reach the Lake area's borders to watch over that situation from over there and then,if possible and useful,close-in the watch-over ."

> If agreed, send an "underground scouting shadow probe" in the manner we explained,

> If agreed,start moving over to the Misty Lake following the wake of the  " underground scouting shadow probe "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2021, 12:37:45 AM
// Clownpiece's tiredness could delay to starting to close distance to the Misty Lake,but with the help of  a " Rumia's shadow scout probe" before the C.Team as a stealthy investigative relay...//

Prime :

> Observe the Misty Lake and say :" Issues indeed have chosen this time springing up around the Misty Lake ,so I suggest we start moving over there to not lose any discovery of important elements ,but before that...

>...it is best to send 1 of my  " underground shadow probe" before us to reach the Lake area's borders to watch over that situation from over there and then,if possible and useful,close-in the watch-over ."

> If agreed, send an "underground scouting shadow probe" in the manner we explained,

> If agreed,start moving over to the Misty Lake following the wake of the  " underground scouting shadow probe "
> "We still have a bit to go, so sure." Hecatia says.
> You send a bit of darkness out towards the lake's area ahead of time.
> There seem to be a lot of fairies following someone there.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 01:03:23 AM
Prime->Lake Spy Tendril:
>Can we see any specifics about that someone from here?

Prime->Fairies of Light Spy Blanket:
>Status of tree occupants?

Prime:
>"Well there's definitely a gathering of fairies there. They appear to be following somebody."

Contingency:
>Are we still being watched?
>Are we out of the village yet?

Shadow Realm:
>"Hmm... any suggestions on how to make this feel more like an actual bed?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2021, 01:19:50 AM
Prime->Lake Spy Tendril:
>Can we see any specifics about that someone from here?

Prime->Fairies of Light Spy Blanket:
>Status of tree occupants?

Prime:
>"Well there's definitely a gathering of fairies there. They appear to be following somebody."

Contingency:
>Are we still being watched?
>Are we out of the village yet?

Shadow Realm:
>"Hmm... any suggestions on how to make this feel more like an actual bed?"
> You think they have a purple dress, but don't appear to be Yukari. They're heading away from Misty Lake though.

> Unsurprisingly, none of them have woken up yet...

> Neither of the two make any comment.

> You aren't sure.
> Nearly. You can see something in the distance outside the village, too.

> Your shadow shrugs.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 01:25:46 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Remake the bed. This time have the mattress, while having a solid exterior, be full of tiny hollows within, like a sponge.
>Do the sit and lay tests. Does this change anything?

Prime->Lake
>...Is it Mary, then? Or is the hair and hat all wrong?

Prime:
>"Hmm, seems like they're actually moving away from the lake..."

Contingency:
>Can we make out any details at this distance?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2021, 01:33:37 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Remake the bed. This time have the mattress, while having a solid exterior, be full of tiny hollows within, like a sponge.
>Do the sit and lay tests. Does this change anything?

Prime->Lake
>...Is it Mary, then? Or is the hair and hat all wrong?

Prime:
>"Hmm, seems like they're actually moving away from the lake..."

Contingency:
>Can we make out any details at this distance?
> You recreate the bed, and try testing it again.
> Nothing seems to have changed...
> You wonder if X has any clues. Then again, it doesn't seem easy to find her...

> The hair and hat don't match Mary's

> "Our business is at the lake though..." Hecatia speaks. "Though isn't that just for what Clownpiece wanted to do regarding those fairies?"

> No.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 03:43:07 AM
>X also seems like the kind of person that would be equally likely to dismiss our intentions as impractical rather than help anyway...

Prime->Lake
>What is the hair/hat like anyway?
>Do we see Dai among the procession?

Prime:
>"I think she wanted to see if Cirno's friend was there if I recall correctly?"

Contingency:
>Continue until we can see more details of the mystery person.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2021, 04:11:35 AM
>X also seems like the kind of person that would be equally likely to dismiss our intentions as impractical rather than help anyway...

Prime->Lake
>What is the hair/hat like anyway?
>Do we see Dai among the procession?

Prime:
>"I think she wanted to see if Cirno's friend was there if I recall correctly?"

Contingency:
>Continue until we can see more details of the mystery person.
> Long and of a darker shade.
> You don't think so? None of them seem close enough to her, but a few are somewhat similar.
> No, you're sure none of them are Dai. They're... lacking something obvious and unmistakable of hers.
> "Hm..."
> The mystery person and the fairies following them seem to be stopped from leaving this way by another fairy near a forest.
> "Hm. I guess this was obvious... None of you better even think of attacking any of them." The person states, continuing past the fairy with little care.
> The fairy begins to charge an attack, aiming for the mystery person in lead.
> Another fairy emerges from further within, doing the same, but towards the rest of the fairies following the person.

> You continue away from the village, noticing that the something you saw appears to be a small structure.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 02, 2021, 04:58:28 AM
>Do we see Cirno anywhere?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 05:22:05 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Seems making it porous did not have any effect on the rigidity..."
>Reset the experiment.
>"Let's see... I tried making the darkness less solid, tried layering hard darkness within the less solid darkness, tried to imagine Sanae's bed while creating it, tried to make it porous... Any ideas on what to try next?"
>"Or you could give it a try, if you want. I'm aware that you're developing your own abilities independently, so maybe you picked up something I haven't or can't remember."

Prime:
>Is the leader a fairy or no?
>"Seems like some fairies from another faction showed up... They seem to be preparing to fight the group leaving the lake."
>>If the answer to the first question is no: "The leader of the group that's leaving doesn't appear to be a fairy either."

Prime->Fairies of Light
>Have a tendril shoot off of the main spy blanket to check on the Hakurei Shrine exterior.
>If everything seems in order and Reimu isn't out, retract and re-merge the tendril with the main disc.

Contingency:
>Continue leaving the village.
>Anything specific about the structure that we notice?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2021, 06:18:33 AM
>Do we see Cirno anywhere?
Shadow Realm:
>"Seems making it porous did not have any effect on the rigidity..."
>Reset the experiment.
>"Let's see... I tried making the darkness less solid, tried layering hard darkness within the less solid darkness, tried to imagine Sanae's bed while creating it, tried to make it porous... Any ideas on what to try next?"
>"Or you could give it a try, if you want. I'm aware that you're developing your own abilities independently, so maybe you picked up something I haven't or can't remember."

Prime:
>Is the leader a fairy or no?
>"Seems like some fairies from another faction showed up... They seem to be preparing to fight the group leaving the lake."
>>If the answer to the first question is no: "The leader of the group that's leaving doesn't appear to be a fairy either."

Prime->Fairies of Light
>Have a tendril shoot off of the main spy blanket to check on the Hakurei Shrine exterior.
>If everything seems in order and Reimu isn't out, retract and re-merge the tendril with the main disc.

Contingency:
>Continue leaving the village.
>Anything specific about the structure that we notice?


> You're not sure... You haven't seen her in a while...

> You undo the bed again.
> "If I had any ideas, I'd be sharing them already." Shadow replies.

> The leader isn't a fairy. Unless they can hide their wings. You think some fairies can. Though they might be a bit too tall...

> You spy on the Hakurei Shrine.
> Nothing amiss...

> You continue.
> It's not quite the size of a full building. There might be something on the further side.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 02, 2021, 08:21:05 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Are we aware of how springs work?

Prime:
>Have the others reacted to our intel at all?

Prime->Lake:
>Continue to observe.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 02, 2021, 08:32:39 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Are we aware of how springs work?

Prime:
>Have the others reacted to our intel at all?

Prime->Lake:
>Continue to observe.
> Not much...

> They don't seem to have anything to offer with such. They're still heading towards Misty Lake. In fact, you're almost in view of the back end of the group of fairies.

> Both sides of the fairies keep alert... Though have yet to open fire.
> As they head into the forest, more and more similar fairies begin to appear, each with the intent to attack.
> Until finally, one of the groups fires at another. You aren't sure which it was, but the other was quick enough to fire back that it seemed mutual.
> The other fairies following the person quickly scramble out of line, with those that were near the fairies attacked, starting to retaliate against the other aiming fairies.
> The scene has quickly escalated into a large firefight...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 02:30:24 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Recreate the bed, this time try to give the mattress the same properties as the darkness making up our clothes.
>Test this new bed.

Prime:
>"Okay they're fighting now, we should start seeing it in a moment if we keep on our current heading."
>"Haven't seen Cirno or her alleged friend in either group yet."

Prime->Lake:
>Can we pick out anything or either of the target fairies (Cirno and Dai) in the chaos?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 02:43:04 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Recreate the bed, this time try to give the mattress the same properties as the darkness making up our clothes.
>Test this new bed.

Prime:
>"Okay they're fighting now, we should start seeing it in a moment if we keep on our current heading."
>"Haven't seen Cirno or her alleged friend in either group yet."

Prime->Lake:
>Can we pick out anything or either of the target fairies (Cirno and Dai) in the chaos?
> You remake the bed, but make it like your clothes are made.
> Just like the solid variant, you don't pass through...

> "Hm. This lake area looks a bit empty."
> "Well, it's got a mist covering it most of the day." Hecatia explains to Junko.

> No. You may have lost the mystery person in the scuffle as well, as they don't seem to be furthest ahead anymore, nor are among the scattered fairies.

> The structure seems to be a small building. You think you can see something in the window here, but there's also something on the side of the building.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 02:50:41 AM
Shadow Realm:
>But does it feels softer, though?

Prime:
>Double check our connection, we should be having visual of the back end of the fairies, right?

Contingency:
>Can we make out what either of them are?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 03, 2021, 02:55:49 AM
Prime->Lake:
>If our connection is ok
->Send two blobs to find a fairy from each faction
-->Try to enter fairies near nothing we can go into them without anyone noticing
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 02:59:06 AM
Prime->Lake:
>If our connection is ok
->Send two blobs to find a fairy from each faction
-->Try to enter fairies near nothing we can go into them without anyone noticing
>Abort this if it ends up causing a massive increase in hunger.
>>Have Prime and Contingency absorb darkness from the ground below to replenish what was lost if this occurs

//Just in case, because these are separate blobs and not tendrils.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 03:28:30 AM
Shadow Realm:
>But does it feels softer, though?

Prime:
>Double check our connection, we should be having visual of the back end of the fairies, right?

Contingency:
>Can we make out what either of them are?
Prime->Lake:
>If our connection is ok
->Send two blobs to find a fairy from each faction
-->Try to enter fairies near nothing we can go into them without anyone noticing
>Abort this if it ends up causing a massive increase in hunger.
>>Have Prime and Contingency absorb darkness from the ground below to replenish what was lost if this occurs

//Just in case, because these are separate blobs and not tendrils.
> You think? You're not sure how it would feel for someone that doesn't use darkness for clothing all the time...

> Yes, you can see the tail end of the group.
> You send two masses of darkness towards the groups.
> There are no fairies near nothing. They all seem to be actively engaged in one another, with one side managing more hits on the other.

> Not yet. Especially given you aren't on the side to even see the other thing, while the first is mostly out of view, too.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 03, 2021, 04:05:34 AM
>Have the two blobs try to discreetly enter fairies from opposing sides
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 04:15:30 AM
>Have the two blobs try to discreetly enter fairies from opposing sides
> You have your two make an attempt. You're able to get onto one from the first group and into them, but the fairy from the other group seems to react violently to your approach, firing at your position instead of the other fairies.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 07:01:55 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Hmm... I'll get back to this later, I just got another idea..."
>Summon a rectangle of darkness in the air in front of us and try to have the visual feed from the blob fighting the fairy show up on the side facing us.

Prime:
>"So now what? Do we just set up camp away from the fighting and wait for Clownpiece to wake up, or...?"
>Have that blob engage in evasive maneuvers. Have it dive back into the ground if necessary.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 07:12:50 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Hmm... I'll get back to this later, I just got another idea..."
>Summon a rectangle of darkness in the air in front of us and try to have the visual feed from the blob fighting the fairy show up on the side facing us.

Prime:
>"So now what? Do we just set up camp away from the fighting and wait for Clownpiece to wake up, or...?"
>Have that blob engage in evasive maneuvers. Have it dive back into the ground if necessary.
> You make a screen of darkness. Though it doesn't seem to portray anything from the fight...

> "Mhm. They're not our business, are they? And if they are, it's Clownpiece's say as to what we should do about it." Hecatia stops to take a seat. Junko follows suit. "
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 07:16:35 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Try to have the darkness on the side facing us vary in shade according to the colors in the blob's vision to produce a moving (albeit dark) monochrome image of what the blob is seeing.

Prime:
>"Very well then."
>Make a throne of darkness and slouch sit on it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 03, 2021, 07:20:22 AM
Prime->Lake
>Have the free blob dive under the ground
->Eat Darkness and spread under the fairies that cannot attack us
-->Try to give the fairies from the lake an advantage
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 07:22:45 AM
Prime->Lake
>Have the free blob dive under the ground
->Eat Darkness and spread under the fairies that cannot attack us
-->Try to give the fairies from the lake an advantage
>Do not offer any aid to either side. We are here to observe.

//Why are we aiding the lake fairies? We're aligned with Clownpiece, remember?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 03, 2021, 07:35:06 AM
//I want to try and weaken the fairies that can sense us so we can abduct one.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 07:39:19 AM
//I want to try and weaken the fairies that can sense us so we can abduct one.
//Maybe if that one fairy is still after the blob we can use the blob to kite it away from the fight before nomming it? It was at the edge of the group anyway was it not?

//Though if we do that we should probably give Shadow a head's up (so she can dissuade us if trying to nom one is in fact a bad idea given the problems she's had on her end) and prepare the Shadow Realm accordingly. (Don't want to put the tengu at risk after all.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 08:03:00 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Try to have the darkness on the side facing us vary in shade according to the colors in the blob's vision to produce a moving (albeit dark) monochrome image of what the blob is seeing.

Prime:
>"Very well then."
>Make a throne of darkness and slouch sit on it.
Prime->Lake
>Have the free blob dive under the ground
->Eat Darkness and spread under the fairies that cannot attack us
-->Try to give the fairies from the lake an advantage
>Do not offer any aid to either side. We are here to observe.

//Why are we aiding the lake fairies? We're aligned with Clownpiece, remember?
> You try, and basically... create a drawing. You don't think you're fast enough to make it animated...

> You create yourself a seat and make use of it.

> You have the darkness head underground.
> "Not protection." You hear in the distance away from the fight, deeper into the forest. "See?" The voice seems to emphasize. "N. O."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 03, 2021, 08:04:54 AM
>["Shadow, I think I found a super fairy.  I plan to try and capture it.  What can you tell me about them?"]
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 08:24:03 AM
Prime:
>Glance off in the direction of the battle as we continue to observe through our blobs and tendril.

Contingency:
>Status report.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 08:30:23 AM
>["Shadow, I think I found a super fairy.  I plan to try and capture it.  What can you tell me about them?"]
Prime:
>Glance off in the direction of the battle as we continue to observe through our blobs and tendril.

Contingency:
>Status report.
> "The fairy you plan to capture, or in general?" Shadow questions.

> The fairies are still fighting each other... You're not sure which side is winning given neither have suffered losses yet as far as you can tell.

> You still haven't moved from your position, and it seems like nothing has changed over here.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 03, 2021, 08:34:31 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"In general. I mean, given how many there are and how most of the ones you've encountered have been on the mountain it would be a stretch to assume you knew about this one in particular. Forgive me if I'm wrong, though."

>Prepare a spherical holding chamber a good distance away from the fishtank and tengu cuddleball.

>...We are so teasing them about that when they wake up and we introduce ourselves to them.

Contingency:
>Continue on our path.
>Note anything new the develops regarding the structure as we get closer/pass it. (Assuming it's on the same road.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 08:58:29 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"In general. I mean, given how many there are and how most of the ones you've encountered have been on the mountain it would be a stretch to assume you knew about this one in particular. Forgive me if I'm wrong, though."

>Prepare a spherical holding chamber a good distance away from the fishtank and tengu cuddleball.

>...We are so teasing them about that when they wake up and we introduce ourselves to them.

Contingency:
>Continue on our path.
>Note anything new the develops regarding the structure as we get closer/pass it. (Assuming it's on the same road.)
> "Well, they were fast enough and strong enough to match the Tengu. I don't know if these are the same or not."
> You make a hollow sphere of darkness in your void.

> You continue on your way.
> Finally passing it allows you to see the other side of the structure, where a lone fairy sleeps.

> The other group of fairies suddenly stops firing at the lake ones, retreating deeper into the forest.
> The lake fairies seem confused, but don't exactly raise complaint.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 03, 2021, 09:02:47 AM
Prime->Lake
>Have our darkness pop out a very rough humanoid shape
->Have our darkness blow a raspberry at the fairy and make an L with our hand on its head
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 09:25:02 AM
Prime->Lake
>Have our darkness pop out a very rough humanoid shape
->Have our darkness blow a raspberry at the fairy and make an L with our hand on its head
> Towards which fairy?
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 03, 2021, 12:17:10 PM
>Yes, towards the fairy
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 03, 2021, 07:42:20 PM
>Yes, towards the fairy
> You taunt the fairies. The retreating ones seem to completely ignore it, while most of the lake fairies seem more wary of the retreating ones than of your gestures.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 04, 2021, 02:48:15 AM
Prime:
>Keep watch over the conflict but also be wary of any potential threats approaching the main body in case they're able to track our blob's origin
>Have the taunters move out of sight
>(If nobody objects since I'm bad at small talk):
>>"So uh... what's it like being a goddess of hell?"

Contingency:
>Do we recognize this fairy at all?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 04, 2021, 03:14:12 AM
Prime:
>Have our shadow in the fairy spread to the inner ear

>"If you don't mind me asking, which hell?  Or are they all connected?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 04, 2021, 03:25:48 AM
Prime:
>Keep watch over the conflict but also be wary of any potential threats approaching the main body in case they're able to track our blob's origin
>Have the taunters move out of sight
>(If nobody objects since I'm bad at small talk):
>>"So uh... what's it like being a goddess of hell?"

Contingency:
>Do we recognize this fairy at all?
> You have the taunters retreat as well, before the lake fairies begin firing upon them instead. Though only a few are.
> "Ugh... Did anyone see Cirno?" One of the fairies ask.
> "We lost her with the first enemies. Now this one. This is tiring!" Another fairy complains.
> "We can't lose twice in a row. Come on!"
> "We didn't lose, they ran away!"

> Hecatia... seems to be asleep as well.
> "There are multiple hells. She claims to be in charge of all of them." Junko speaks up.

> No. She just looks like any generic fairy...
> Actually, you think this generic fairy might be the standard everyone guesses for fairies. What was her name again Ah, Lily White!
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 04, 2021, 03:29:52 AM
Prime:
>Keep listening.
>"Huh, interesting. So who's watching hell while she's here?"

Contingency:
>Grab her with a giant hand of darkness and drag her to the shadow realm!
>Slowly begin approaching. Do we sense anything off?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 04, 2021, 04:07:47 AM
Prime:
>Keep listening.
>"Huh, interesting. So who's watching hell while she's here?"

Contingency:
>Grab her with a giant hand of darkness and drag her to the shadow realm!
>Slowly begin approaching. Do we sense anything off?
> "Does being a goddess of something mean you must always watch over it?" Junko questions.

> "Forget it. Everyone just keeps running away or hiding." One of the fairies says.
> "Yeah. Let's just go to sleep..." Another agrees.
> The fairies start heading back towards the lake...

> You start to approach.
> Nothing really seems off.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 04, 2021, 09:47:36 AM
Prime:
>"I. . .I don't know.  No?"
>fidget
>Try to remember what we knew of gods.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 04, 2021, 10:09:41 AM
Prime:
>"I. . .I don't know.  No?"
>fidget
>Try to remember what we knew of gods.
> You believe they can be in many places at once? More efficiently than you, at least. And they're worshipped, too.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 04, 2021, 10:36:32 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Frown at the missed opportunity.

Contingency:
>Get closer.
>Try not to wake Lily up on accident.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 04, 2021, 09:40:16 PM
Shadow Realm:
>Frown at the missed opportunity.

Contingency:
>Get closer.
>Try not to wake Lily up on accident.
> You approach, not waking the fairy yet...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 05, 2021, 08:43:47 PM
Prime:

> Has the Mystery Person already retreated deep in the forest?

> While the Retreating Fairies are  in the Forest,send  another "spy-scouting shadow probe"  camouflaged among their shadows and those of the plant-life to trail her them and her.

> Take note of their itinerary and any comments about.

Contingency :

> Lily White is  active in the open during Spring,correct?

> Are there particular traces of any activities or gatherings around,then,either close or further than this structure?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 05, 2021, 10:50:34 PM
Prime:

> Has the Mystery Person already retreated deep in the forest?

> While the Retreating Fairies are  in the Forest,send  another "spy-scouting shadow probe"  camouflaged among their shadows and those of the plant-life to trail her them and her.

> Take note of their itinerary and any comments about.

Contingency :

> Lily White is  active in the open during Spring,correct?

> Are there particular traces of any activities or gatherings around,then,either close or further than this structure?
> You're not sure. It doesn't look like they've come back to the lake, so probably.
> You start to follow behind the retreating fairies in an attempt to catch up.

> You believe Lily is usually more active in Spring than outside of it, but you don't think she's limited to being up only during spring.
> None that you are aware of.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 05, 2021, 10:52:30 PM
Contingency:
>Any signs of other fairies around?
>What's the current season for that matter?

Prime->Fairies of Light Spy Blanket:
>Anything to report?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 06, 2021, 12:20:01 AM
Contingency:
>Any signs of other fairies around?
>What's the current season for that matter?

Prime->Fairies of Light Spy Blanket:
>Anything to report?
> No.
> You don't know. You don't think it was something you kept track of before. Right now, its not cold enough to where you would need to find shelter or wear more.

> Nothing... Watching them sleep is only making you feel like sleeping.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 06, 2021, 12:45:05 AM
Shadow Realm:
>What do we think would happen if our other bodies in Gensokyo were destroyed

>Imagine the darkness at the Hakurei shrine forming a portal linking to the Shadow Realm, feel the ambient magic in the darkness shifting until it is like yours
->Try to create the portals and test them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 06, 2021, 12:56:28 AM
Contingency:
>Sink into the ground and enter a state similar to the spy blanket at the fairy tree.
>Keep an eye on Lily and the surroundings.
>Do we sense anything within the structure?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 06, 2021, 04:51:52 AM
Shadow Realm:
>What do we think would happen if our other bodies in Gensokyo were destroyed

>Imagine the darkness at the Hakurei shrine forming a portal linking to the Shadow Realm, feel the ambient magic in the darkness shifting until it is like yours
->Try to create the portals and test them
Contingency:
>Sink into the ground and enter a state similar to the spy blanket at the fairy tree.
>Keep an eye on Lily and the surroundings.
>Do we sense anything within the structure?
> You're not sure. Youkai are more spiritual beings than physical, so maybe you'd be fine.
> You try to imagine the darkness at the Hakurei Shrine. Though... you have a very poor grasp of how it even is right now with not even being there. And that's just the first of the issues here...

> You head into the underground darkness.
> No. Nothing but darkness as far as you can tell. Maybe there could be something in there that's stealthy, but again, if there is something in there, you don't notice it.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 06, 2021, 10:16:12 PM
> You're not sure. Youkai are more spiritual beings than physical, so maybe you'd be fine.
> You try to imagine the darkness at the Hakurei Shrine. Though... you have a very poor grasp of how it even is right now with not even being there. And that's just the first of the issues here...

> You head into the underground darkness.
> No. Nothing but darkness as far as you can tell. Maybe there could be something in there that's stealthy, but again, if there is something in there, you don't notice it.
>_

Prime:
> Try to form either a visualization or corridor or connection or bond,as if we were "shadow travelling between here and there", with the most familiar Feature of the Hakurei's Shrine...

>... particularly Key-Point(s),or Layer(s) or both depending upon the Increase of Success,  we are most familiar while" in shadow-travelling,stealthing and emerging".

Contingency:
> "Careful sampling" ,without being distracted away from Lily White,especially if  waking up and deserving of an just explanation :only Darkness/Shadows ,whereas no Light nor any Demarcation in-between to be found or tested&sensed around ?

> Not even "Other Kinds of Luminescence" and "Heat&Friction Trails",or any remnants ?

> Have ever tried "sampling" the "out-sourced shadows" we are in contact or we employ or even absorb
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 06, 2021, 10:17:58 PM
Prime:
>Keep a lookout on our surroundings.
>How are the others faring, is Junko still up?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 06, 2021, 10:35:11 PM
>Have we ever noticed a difference between a person's shadow, the darkness in them, or the regular darkness.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 07, 2021, 02:57:31 AM
Prime:
> Try to form either a visualization or corridor or connection or bond,as if we were "shadow travelling between here and there", with the most familiar Feature of the Hakurei's Shrine...

>... particularly Key-Point(s),or Layer(s) or both depending upon the Increase of Success,  we are most familiar while" in shadow-travelling,stealthing and emerging".

Contingency:
> "Careful sampling" ,without being distracted away from Lily White,especially if  waking up and deserving of an just explanation :only Darkness/Shadows ,whereas no Light nor any Demarcation in-between to be found or tested&sensed around ?

> Not even "Other Kinds of Luminescence" and "Heat&Friction Trails",or any remnants ?

> Have ever tried "sampling" the "out-sourced shadows" we are in contact or we employ or even absorb
Prime:
>Keep a lookout on our surroundings.
>How are the others faring, is Junko still up?
>Have we ever noticed a difference between a person's shadow, the darkness in them, or the regular darkness.
> Nothing comes to mind...
> Junko is the only one still up, aside from you. You think she might beat you in staying awake.
> The fairies are returning to the lake.
> You have noticed that they're somewhat different, yes.

> There is some light from outside going into the structure. It's not pitch black or anything.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 07, 2021, 03:06:15 AM
>Are we able to partially sleep? As in have some bodies sleep while others remain functional?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 07, 2021, 03:22:45 AM
>Are we able to partially sleep? As in have some bodies sleep while others remain functional?
> You don't know. You don't believe you've tried before.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 07, 2021, 11:14:27 AM
>["Can you warp things and yourself to any location filled with darkness?"]

Contingency:
>Have a bit of our darkness enter Lilly
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 07, 2021, 08:57:27 PM
Contingency:
>Have a bit of our darkness enter Lilly
>Be as harmless and least invasive about this as possible. If we have doubts about how harmless it is, hide it in the darkness under her hat instead.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 07, 2021, 10:09:30 PM
>["Can you warp things and yourself to any location filled with darkness?"]

Contingency:
>Have a bit of our darkness enter Lilly
>Be as harmless and least invasive about this as possible. If we have doubts about how harmless it is, hide it in the darkness under her hat instead.
> "No. I'm your shadow, not Gensokyo's." Your shadow replies.

> You put a bit of your darkness into Lily.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 08, 2021, 09:24:52 PM
// At this rate the only viable choice is going to be  to wake Lily up  at some point and question her...//

Prime:

> Through the " Forest Scouting Shadow-Probe": Situation Report on the Retreating Fairies and the Mysterious Person.

Contingency:

> Create  "Structure Scouting Shadow-Probe" and send it to explore the Structure more deeply.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 08, 2021, 09:35:19 PM
// At this rate the only viable choice is going to be  to wake Lily up  at some point and question her...//
//Nah let her sleep. I want us to leave a good first impression and interrupting sleep is a good way not to do so.

//Besides if shes unaligned I'd like to keep watch over her to prevent other factions from snatching her up before we give her a recruitment pitch for the United Minions of Clownpiece.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 08, 2021, 09:43:08 PM
// At this rate the only viable choice is going to be  to wake Lily up  at some point and question her...//

Prime:

> Through the " Forest Scouting Shadow-Probe": Situation Report on the Retreating Fairies and the Mysterious Person.

Contingency:

> Create  "Structure Scouting Shadow-Probe" and send it to explore the Structure more deeply.
> Through following the fairies, you arrive at a duo of houses within the forest, surrounded by a lot more of those fairies.
> The mystery person is nowhere to be seen.

> You branch off a bit of darkness into the structure.
> The interior seems a bit familiar.
> "It's very rude to bother people who are asleep." You hear a voice near the structure. It sounds eerily familiar. Though innocent, it's a bit chilling, and it gives you a suspicion to who's the owner, which you hope isn't right.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 08, 2021, 09:45:49 PM
>Who do we suspect?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 08, 2021, 09:51:00 PM
>Who do we suspect?
> Yourself. Though it doesn't sound like hearing yourself speak. Far too different, but also more similar than someone else. Reminds you a little of X, or your shadow but it's a feeling of being close to your own voice. Feels weird to feel a voice more than hear it. Makes you feel sure of it despite likely being wrong.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 08, 2021, 10:01:23 PM
Prime:
>Gaze up at the stars.

Contingency:
>Retreat the portion of our spy blanket from within the building.
>Have the portion of our spy blanket that's still outside look for the source of the voice.
>Have a portion of it separate and form our body near Lily. Remain connected to the main mass via underground tendril.
>Have some darkness pool (hidden) beneath Lily to prime a last resort. If this isn't X, we may need to spirit Lily away to safety.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 08, 2021, 11:05:03 PM
Prime:
>Gaze up at the stars.

Contingency:
>Retreat the portion of our spy blanket from within the building.
>Have the portion of our spy blanket that's still outside look for the source of the voice.
>Have a portion of it separate and form our body near Lily. Remain connected to the main mass via underground tendril.
>Have some darkness pool (hidden) beneath Lily to prime a last resort. If this isn't X, we may need to spirit Lily away to safety.
> You look up at the night sky. Hopefully, you don't crash when morning comes...

> You pull your darkness back from the structure, and search for the voice.
> You form near Lily white, ready to send her to your other body if needed.
> "Really rude." A body forms from the darkness near the structure, in the shape of a fairy. "You're not getting off lightly for doing this to a fairy. The only place you can run or hide is one the sun, because I am the night."
> The fairy raises her arms dramatically.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 08, 2021, 11:15:36 PM
//So there's potentially a fairy version of us and she's a chunni. lol

Prime:
>We don't necessarily need to sleep, though, do we?

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh my god..."

Contingency:
>"You're the night huh?"
>What does this fairy look like?
>Can we sense whether or not she's an actual fairy vs a youkai?
>Have some of our underground darkness seep up as an ominous dark fog roughly shin height.
>Smirk, "Well I happen to be the Youkai of Darkness!"
>"Though, just to be sure you're not my sister in disguise right? Because if you are I'd have to commend you on the prank. If not, then I would be very interested in talking to you, it's not every day that you run into the fairy equivalent of yourself after all."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 08, 2021, 11:46:35 PM
//So there's potentially a fairy version of us and she's a chunni. lol

Prime:
>We don't necessarily need to sleep, though, do we?

Shadow Realm:
>"Oh my god..."

Contingency:
>"You're the night huh?"
>What does this fairy look like?
>Can we sense whether or not she's an actual fairy vs a youkai?
>Have some of our underground darkness seep up as an ominous dark fog roughly shin height.
>Smirk, "Well I happen to be the Youkai of Darkness!"
>"Though, just to be sure you're not my sister in disguise right? Because if you are I'd have to commend you on the prank. If not, then I would be very interested in talking to you, it's not every day that you run into the fairy equivalent of yourself after all."
> You're not sure. You feel tired, and have slept a lot before. But you don't remember sleeping as much before being sealed as you did after.

> The fairy appears to have long hair and a long dress, but is almost a silhouette. Her legs continue on not ending in feet, nor the ground, but into the darkness.
> She does not seem to be a youkai from what you can tell. More similar to the fairies.
> You bring some of your darkness up to a low height in the area.
> "Liar. You don't wanna talk to me. I bet you just want to use your darkness against me. Like you were doing to her. Or take my darkness. But you can't. Fairies are like nature itself, which means I'm like darkness myself. And even if you can use it, you're not it." She says as-a-matter-of-factly. "So I win."

> You bring your attention back to the shadow realm, which apparently, one of the Tengu has finally gotten up. The other two seem to be in a different spot now, but are still holding each other.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 12:14:49 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Good morning, lovebird. Are you alright? Did you sleep well?"
>Turn to our Shadow.
>"Oh, by the way, remember how we talked about a fairy version of me earlier? I think I literally just found one. Doesn't seem to be related to the ones on the mountain though from what I can tell."
>"It's actually kind of adorable."

Contingency:
>"You misunderstand. I do not intend to harm either of you, I just saw your friend here sleeping all alone and was taking precautions to secure the area. Fairies are forming factions everywhere around Gensokyo, and I wouldn't want her to be snatched up by one of the bad ones."
>Does she resemble us in any way? Hair or face structure wise?
>Return the fog underground and retract our darkness blanket to the area under our feet as a gesture of good faith. Do keep the area under Lily for now though.
>Have the darkness within Lily discreetly exit her and join the darkness below.
>"Besides, I find you interesting. I honestly wasn't expecting to find a fairy version of myself tonight. Besides, I have no motive for taking your darkness anyway. If I was in need of some there's plenty of ambient darkness to go around, isn't there?"
>"May I know your name? I'll give you mine, in turn."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 12:18:12 AM
Contingency:
>"I have amnesia, so you double win."

>"What brings you here?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 12:23:54 AM
Contingency:
>"I have amnesia, so you double win."
>don't say this.

//I don't see why this is necessary to bring up, at least in this manner.
//I get it if you're trying to stroke her ego, but admitting that she's better than us without even seeing her capabilities feels wrong.
//Besides, if she's going to press her superiority I intend on challenging her to a darkness manipulation contest. If we somehow lose that, assuming it happens, then I'd be fine with pulling the amnesia card.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 12:47:00 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Good morning, lovebird. Are you alright? Did you sleep well?"
>Turn to our Shadow.
>"Oh, by the way, remember how we talked about a fairy version of me earlier? I think I literally just found one. Doesn't seem to be related to the ones on the mountain though from what I can tell."
>"It's actually kind of adorable."

Contingency:
>"You misunderstand. I do not intend to harm either of you, I just saw your friend here sleeping all alone and was taking precautions to secure the area. Fairies are forming factions everywhere around Gensokyo, and I wouldn't want her to be snatched up by one of the bad ones."
>Does she resemble us in any way? Hair or face structure wise?
>Return the fog underground and retract our darkness blanket to the area under our feet as a gesture of good faith. Do keep the area under Lily for now though.
>Have the darkness within Lily discreetly exit her and join the darkness below.
>"Besides, I find you interesting. I honestly wasn't expecting to find a fairy version of myself tonight. Besides, I have no motive for taking your darkness anyway. If I was in need of some there's plenty of ambient darkness to go around, isn't there?"
>"May I know your name? I'll give you mine, in turn."
Contingency:
>"I have amnesia, so you double win."

>"What brings you here?"
>don't say this.

//I don't see why this is necessary to bring up, at least in this manner.
//I get it if you're trying to stroke her ego, but admitting that she's better than us without even seeing her capabilities feels wrong.
//Besides, if she's going to press her superiority I intend on challenging her to a darkness manipulation contest. If we somehow lose that, assuming it happens, then I'd be fine with pulling the amnesia card.
> "Watch yourself! I think that's the darkness fairy! Try not to feed her any darkness!" Your shadow warns.
> The Tengu seems confused at your statements.
> You notice a sudden explosion between the other two Tengu, launching them apart.

> The hair might be longer than yours. But similar.
> "You seem like one of the bad ones to me. Messing with people in their sleep..." The fairy speaks. "I'm here because it's my job to right now."
> "Alright alright, that's enough." You hear X's voice, as she emerges from behind the fairy. "Lily can't even get a good night's sleep, really? I'm already busy enough, so I'll make this quick. Lily and Mystia are with me, we're keeping watch of the village against any of the other fairies, I've dealt with the darkness fairy - as I told your shadow I was going to do." X puts a hand on the fairy's head. "And..."
> X seems like she's trying to remember what else she was going to say.

> Ah, that's what the structure was. Mystia's food stand! It's much less recognizable without any food scents coming from it. But you're sure it is now that you look at it.

> "And it is very rude to bother someone in their sleep. Now I need to get to my other problems, like Patchouli dying and getting this fairy used to things." X continues, with a sigh.
> "You know, you can sleep now. I can handle things." The fairy speaks. "You said I'm good."
> "No, I can't, and no, you can't. You're good, but not enough. You weren't able to stop her before she got to Lily now, were you?"
> The fairy looks down with a shake of her head.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 01:01:26 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"I haven't. Also X is there, surprisingly, and she seems to have the fairy on a leash from what I can tell."
>Glance at the explosion, are the other two injured?

Contingency:
>Before committing to any of the below:
>>Can we sense that this is actually our sister and not the fairy trying something?
>>If it is her, proceed, if not, give the fairy a skeptical look.
>"Oh hey sis."
>Withdraw all of our darkness back into our body. (All in this instance referring to that which is allocated to Contingency, not all of our darkness from everywhere.)
>"For the record I wasn't intending on bothering them. I was content to just let them sleep and talk to them in the morning, but it seems I didn't need to worry seeing as you're here already."
>"Anyway, sorry for disturbing you, but then again it's not like I knew they were with you. Can't really stay out of your business if I don't know about it..."
>"Also aw, I wanted to adopt her... But being an aunt is fine too! You really found an interesting fairy, sis."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 01:40:09 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"I haven't. Also X is there, surprisingly, and she seems to have the fairy on a leash from what I can tell."
>Glance at the explosion, are the other two injured?

Contingency:
>Before committing to any of the below:
>>Can we sense that this is actually our sister and not the fairy trying something?
>>If it is her, proceed, if not, give the fairy a skeptical look.
>"Oh hey sis."
>Withdraw all of our darkness back into our body. (All in this instance referring to that which is allocated to Contingency, not all of our darkness from everywhere.)
>"For the record I wasn't intending on bothering them. I was content to just let them sleep and talk to them in the morning, but it seems I didn't need to worry seeing as you're here already."
>"Anyway, sorry for disturbing you, but then again it's not like I knew they were with you. Can't really stay out of your business if I don't know about it..."
>"Also aw, I wanted to adopt her... But being an aunt is fine too! You really found an interesting fairy, sis."
> "Patchouli's fine now, by the way. She's back in action." Your shadow adds, before you have time to worry.
> They seem heavily injured, especially one of the Tengu's arms. This isn't danmaku.
> The Tengu who's arms are hurt reveals her wings, firing a large volley of feathers from them at the other Tengu who was blasted away.
> The other jumps far to the side, causing the missed feathers to hit the ground and explode into a short burst of bullets. Then further she jumps again, to where she's almost behind the firing Tengu, who seems to be slower at keeping up with her movements.

> You're... not sure. They seem different, but also similar. It could be X playing a trick on you, but it's also equally possible that the fairy is playing a trick on you with no X actually here. The former is a bit more likely, with Shadow's mention of this Patchouli person who X mentioned.
> You withdraw your darkness over here.
> "It's good you're looking for more fairies, but you need to be more direct and immediate with it. If someone you're interested in is asleep, wake them up. Don't sneak up on them." X advises. "And so that you don't get into a similar situation, at least when it can be prevented, I've scouted the Human Village, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, the Moriya Shrine, and a few other people so far. Most of them were for help with other problems I have to deal with, so I'm not expecting my fairy to win this whole thing. But at least we won't be taken down by another one's group at this rate."
> X glances you up and down again.
> "Especially not yours."
> "Wait, we're on the losing team?! What the heck!?" The fairy questions.
> "Not so loud. Lily's sleeping. And we're not losing. We're just not actively going against others. I'm fairly sure we're still the best group if Proto Rumia's shadow is with her and not another fairy. Unless one of the fairy groups has Yukari."
> "Oh. So she's OG. So weak..."
> "It's a part of her. She likes doing that." X explains.
> "Is that so? Can I eat this one for darkness then? It won't hurt her if so, right?"
> "If you can beat her, you can decide." X starts to meld into the darkness.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 02:05:07 AM
Prime:
>Muse to ourselves.
>"Hmm... Interesting..."

Shadow Realm:
>"Who is this Patchouli anyway...?"
>Smile at the remaining tengu, "Excuse me for a moment while I defuse this. You three are still recovering and having you further injure yourselves while you are guests here is something I cannot allow."
>Throw up a wall between both tengu. Shift/extend the wall if one tries to go around it.
>Make our manifestation large and imposing.
>"Alright, lovebirds, that's enough of that! There will be no killing each other while you are guests here. Now, why don't we sit down and talk about our problems like civilized people?"
>>If one or both decides to make us a target and shoots instead of talking, then throw up another wall to defend us and engulf the party responsible in a sphere (if both, then two separate spheres.)

Contingency:
>"For the record, it would hurt, or at the very least give me an annoying pang of hunger. Though if you wish to duel me I'd like to point out that it would create far more light and noise than we're doing right now and it would be much more likely to interrupt your friends' sleep."
>"Perhaps if our groups ever were to clash then I'd duel you one on one, though that really depends on how invested my sister is in getting involved beyond what she's currently doing."
>"Besides, it's not like I'm going to leave her with the satisfaction of dismissing me as a threat anyway. Once my team is stronger, if a conflict between our groups ever happens then I'd look forward to it."
>"I wouldn't be opposed to scheduling a private one on one spellcard duel at a more appropriate time and place, either."
>"Anyway before anything else, could I at least know the name of my new niece~?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 02:16:21 AM
>"Do you know anything about fairies with tengu speed?"
>"Shadow talked about them and it has been making me paranoid something fierce.  I thought Lilly could have been one."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 02:57:38 AM
Prime:
>Muse to ourselves.
>"Hmm... Interesting..."

Shadow Realm:
>"Who is this Patchouli anyway...?"
>Smile at the remaining tengu, "Excuse me for a moment while I defuse this. You three are still recovering and having you further injure yourselves while you are guests here is something I cannot allow."
>Throw up a wall between both tengu. Shift/extend the wall if one tries to go around it.
>Make our manifestation large and imposing.
>"Alright, lovebirds, that's enough of that! There will be no killing each other while you are guests here. Now, why don't we sit down and talk about our problems like civilized people?"
>>If one or both decides to make us a target and shoots instead of talking, then throw up another wall to defend us and engulf the party responsible in a sphere (if both, then two separate spheres.)

Contingency:
>"For the record, it would hurt, or at the very least give me an annoying pang of hunger. Though if you wish to duel me I'd like to point out that it would create far more light and noise than we're doing right now and it would be much more likely to interrupt your friends' sleep."
>"Perhaps if our groups ever were to clash then I'd duel you one on one, though that really depends on how invested my sister is in getting involved beyond what she's currently doing."
>"Besides, it's not like I'm going to leave her with the satisfaction of dismissing me as a threat anyway. Once my team is stronger, if a conflict between our groups ever happens then I'd look forward to it."
>"I wouldn't be opposed to scheduling a private one on one spellcard duel at a more appropriate time and place, either."
>"Anyway before anything else, could I at least know the name of my new niece~?"
>"Do you know anything about fairies with tengu speed?"
>"Shadow talked about them and it has been making me paranoid something fierce.  I thought Lilly could have been one."
> "Huh...I guess that fairy isn't the one from the mountain, the one we really can't afford to see any darkness. Still, at this point, I would suggest not underestimating anybody. Who knows how strong anyone is anymore?" Shadow advises. "And she's a magician from the vampire manor."

> You put a wall of darkness between the two Tengu, and make yourself appear larger.
> "L-... We're tired of being guests here. There's something urgent we need to do back in Gensokyo. And seeing as you wouldn't let us go, we were taking the alternative. This isn't Gensokyo, so it's laws don't apply here."
> "She's right. We're getting rid of the weakest Tengu here until you let us out. It's something to do while stuck here." The other Tengu speaks, then quickly turns to the third Tengu. "Not you. We won't touch you. Well I won't."
> The third Tengu seems to be glaring daggers at you now.

> "She doesn't have one yet. And I'm considering making her my shadow." X stops to speak. "And you don't need to worry about Lily. She's only asleep right here so I could get rid of any idiots dumb enough to try and go for her."
> X demonstrates, with Lily seemingly vanishing from the inside out.
> "There didn't appear to be any willing to get this close to the village though. So this approach isn't needed."
> "The Tengu were just slower than the fairies. If you tried to go up against one without having a fairy you're already supporting, you'd see that they severely outclass you. I suppose if you see anyone opposing fairies now, they'd look incredibly weak compared to yourself."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 03:21:14 AM
Prime:
>Is Junko asleep?

Shadow Realm:
>("I mean, X implied it was... She also seems to consider the fairy to be a candidate for her own shadow. Still, I'm not going to underestimate her in either case.")

>Drop the walls and return to our normal size. Be prepared to throw up a new one if they resume fighting, though.
>"Look, if you wanted out, you could've simply talked to me or my shadow before shooting. You're guests, not prisoners. Nor are we barbarians..."
>Glance to the most hurt one: "Are you alright, by the way?"
>"What do you plan on doing once you leave anyway? I know the others that were here would rather have been fighting with the rest of the tengu and possibly join the fairies rather than go against them in the event the fairies won... Speaking of which, Shadow, do you know if the rest of the tengu surrendered to the fairies or not while these three were out?"

Contingency:
>"Huh, really, you can make someone your shadow?"
>Is that how our shadow was born?
>>If so: "Oh, wait, I think I remember now."
>>Wait would that mean that we adopted our shadow?

>"Hmm... So the incident makes you appear stronger if you're aligned with a fairy, then? Interesting."

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 03:24:16 AM
Contingency:
>"Huh, I was way off in my guess."
>"Have you seen Marisa or Reimu?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 03:43:00 AM
Prime:
>Is Junko asleep?

Shadow Realm:
>("I mean, X implied it was... She also seems to consider the fairy to be a candidate for her own shadow. Still, I'm not going to underestimate her in either case.")

>Drop the walls and return to our normal size. Be prepared to throw up a new one if they resume fighting, though.
>"Look, if you wanted out, you could've simply talked to me or my shadow before shooting. You're guests, not prisoners. Nor are we barbarians..."
>Glance to the most hurt one: "Are you alright, by the way?"
>"What do you plan on doing once you leave anyway? I know the others that were here would rather have been fighting with the rest of the tengu and possibly join the fairies rather than go against them in the event the fairies won... Speaking of which, Shadow, do you know if the rest of the tengu surrendered to the fairies or not while these three were out?"

Contingency:
>"Huh, really, you can make someone your shadow?"
>Is that how our shadow was born?
>>If so: "Oh, wait, I think I remember now."
>>Wait would that mean that we adopted our shadow?

>"Hmm... So the incident makes you appear stronger if you're aligned with a fairy, then? Interesting."
Contingency:
>"Huh, I was way off in my guess."
>"Have you seen Marisa or Reimu?"
> No, she's still awake.

> You drop the walls and return to the size you had before.
> "I'm fine." The Tengu answers. "This won't be anything. And we need to get moving and assess the situation."
> "I'm pretty sure they all agreed to be conscripted." Your shadow answers.
> The two tengu are ejected from your void through your shadow, reappearing next to your group at the Misty Lake.
> The third Tengu still in your void seems confused, though not too alarmed.

> "She was born recently, and from what I can tell, she's somewhat special. It's complicated, and probably won't even work, but it's nothing you need to worry about now." X explains.
> "That's what I've gathered so far. And that the fairy themselves are pretty much the strongest species now."
> "I haven't seen either of them tonight. Obviously, given this is already past the time most people would be asleep. My guess is that they're both asleep. You might not wanna be anywhere near the Hakurei Shrine with the stunt you pulled here either. Keeping a hand on Lily may have been small, but Yukari's probably still up, as she already bothered me about the village earlier. I'd bet she has her own plans for this fairy thing, but if she saw this, she won't be happy about you being near Reimu in her sleep. You could try to clear misunderstandings up with her directly, though."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 04:05:59 AM
Prime:
>"Shadow, you could've warned me before dropping them here. Or at least waited until I was done speaking with them."
>Mutter this out loud, but not so loud that it would wake the others.
>If shadow isn't physically present here, broadcast it to her as we speak as well.

Fairies of Light blanket:
>Any change?

Shadow Realm:
>Raise an eyebrow. "Well that was rather abrupt. Why is she still here though?"
>"And by that I don't mean eject her immediately, I would like to hear your reasoning..."

Contingency:
>"As I said the intention was to survey the area for threats and not cause any harm. If Lily was unclaimed I wouldn't want any of the more barbaric factions to snatch her in her sleep."
>"Plus if she keeps tabs on Reimu then she may already be aware that I am currently in an agreement with Reimu as well. I still need to repay her for unsealing us, after all."
>"Besides, wasn't really intending to return to the shrine until morning or near morning anyway and even then I don't intend to enter it without Reimu's permission."

>"By the way do you have any plans for the fairies of light? I have a vested interest in them, so it would be nice to know if we'd have a potential conflict there. Wouldn't want to unintentionally step on each other's toes, as it were."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 04:24:25 AM
Contingency:
>Shake our head
>"I was concerned about their safety with how crazy everything has been."


>Pull our shadow out of the other fairy from the lake
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 04:32:09 AM
>Pull our shadow out of the other fairy from the lake
>Change "shadow" to "blob" in this sentence, since we didn't have Shadow perform that task.
>Do so as harmlessly and discreet as possible.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 06:07:23 AM
Prime:
>"Shadow, you could've warned me before dropping them here. Or at least waited until I was done speaking with them."
>Mutter this out loud, but not so loud that it would wake the others.
>If shadow isn't physically present here, broadcast it to her as we speak as well.

Fairies of Light blanket:
>Any change?

Shadow Realm:
>Raise an eyebrow. "Well that was rather abrupt. Why is she still here though?"
>"And by that I don't mean eject her immediately, I would like to hear your reasoning..."

Contingency:
>"As I said the intention was to survey the area for threats and not cause any harm. If Lily was unclaimed I wouldn't want any of the more barbaric factions to snatch her in her sleep."
>"Plus if she keeps tabs on Reimu then she may already be aware that I am currently in an agreement with Reimu as well. I still need to repay her for unsealing us, after all."
>"Besides, wasn't really intending to return to the shrine until morning or near morning anyway and even then I don't intend to enter it without Reimu's permission."

>"By the way do you have any plans for the fairies of light? I have a vested interest in them, so it would be nice to know if we'd have a potential conflict there. Wouldn't want to unintentionally step on each other's toes, as it were."
Contingency:
>Shake our head
>"I was concerned about their safety with how crazy everything has been."


>Pull our shadow out of the other fairy from the lake
>Change "shadow" to "blob" in this sentence, since we didn't have Shadow perform that task.
>Do so as harmlessly and discreet as possible.

> "Sorry. And she hasn't objected to being here or anything." Shadow explains.
> The two Tengu start off towards the Youkai Mountain.

> No changes yet... None...

> "Fairies of light? Oh, the Three Fairies of Light. My group did mentioned them, but I've been busy."
> You bring your darkness back from the fairy you had it on at the lake.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 06:24:16 AM
Prime:
>Has Junko noticed?

Shadow Realm:
>"Ah. Let me talk to her then."
>("Please don't eject her without asking first.")
>Glance at the Tengu.
>"So, what about you? Surely you don't intend to stay here until the incident blows over, do you? Oh, and where are my manners: I am Rumia, Youkai of Twilight, you've probably already met my Shadow. Who might you be?"

Contingency:
>"So you have no intentions involving them at this time?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 06:40:27 AM
Prime:
>Has Junko noticed?

Shadow Realm:
>"Ah. Let me talk to her then."
>("Please don't eject her without asking first.")
>Glance at the Tengu.
>"So, what about you? Surely you don't intend to stay here until the incident blows over, do you? Oh, and where are my manners: I am Rumia, Youkai of Twilight, you've probably already met my Shadow. Who might you be?"

Contingency:
>"So you have no intentions involving them at this time?"
> She seems to have, but isn't interested?
> The last Tengu shakes her head silently.

> "Yes, I have none right now." X repeats.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 06:53:46 AM
Prime:
>Shrug and return to slouching.

Shadow Realm:
>"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, Miss No."
>Pout.
>"...Not going to introduce yourself? Fine then..."
>Straighten.
>"So do you intend to join the other Tengu and fight alongside the fairies that conscripted them, or do you intend to take them on in an attempt to liberate them? Do you intend to do so alone if you're going with option 2?"

Contingency:
>Smile.
>"Alright then."
>If nobody else has any questions/statements:
>>"I suppose I'll take my leave then. Bye sis, and good luck with the shadow candidate/kid!"
>>Start walking away along the road.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 07:08:29 AM
Contingency:
>When we are out of sight create a blob and have it shoot a danmaku at the ground

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 07:17:09 AM
Prime:
>Shrug and return to slouching.

Shadow Realm:
>"Ah, a pleasure to meet you, Miss No."
>Pout.
>"...Not going to introduce yourself? Fine then..."
>Straighten.
>"So do you intend to join the other Tengu and fight alongside the fairies that conscripted them, or do you intend to take them on in an attempt to liberate them? Do you intend to do so alone if you're going with option 2?"

Contingency:
>Smile.
>"Alright then."
>If nobody else has any questions/statements:
>>"I suppose I'll take my leave then. Bye sis, and good luck with the shadow candidate/kid!"
>>Start walking away along the road.
> The Tengu shrugs silently.

> "We'll be around the village, usually. In a way." X waves.
> The two let you leave.
> You continue on the path, until you're out of sight, then separate a bit of darkness to fire danmaku down.

> You'd like something to eat at least... Taking in darkness is getting annoying and tiresome for how much you're using.
> None of the lake fairies seem to have been able to follow the darkness you brought back. Though it's not like you're far from them where Prime is either...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 07:29:01 AM
//inb4 this tengu is an expy of Neopolitan or Silent Bob.

Prime:
>Stand up.
>Low enough so that Junko can hear but we don't wake the others: "I'm going fishing. I'll be back in a moment. Would you like me to bring back any for the rest of you?"

Shadow Realm:
>Physical description of this tengu.
>>(Shouldn't have to add this, but given the precedent:) This does not necessitate staring or oogling or anything otherwise weird, suspicious, and/or creepy in any way, but should be based on what we can logically witness in the moment as well as when we've looked at her in the past.
>"...You're not much of a speaker, are you?"

Contingency:
>Continue along the road. Keep an eye out for anything interesting.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 08:04:04 AM
>Create a spellcard based on surrounding our opponent in darkness then throwing lasers like judgement from the gods while the danmaku bullets complement each other
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 08:12:12 AM
//inb4 this tengu is an expy of Neopolitan or Silent Bob.

Prime:
>Stand up.
>Low enough so that Junko can hear but we don't wake the others: "I'm going fishing. I'll be back in a moment. Would you like me to bring back any for the rest of you?"

Shadow Realm:
>Physical description of this tengu.
>>(Shouldn't have to add this, but given the precedent:) This does not necessitate staring or oogling or anything otherwise weird, suspicious, and/or creepy in any way, but should be based on what we can logically witness in the moment as well as when we've looked at her in the past.
>"...You're not much of a speaker, are you?"

Contingency:
>Continue along the road. Keep an eye out for anything interesting.
>Create a spellcard based on surrounding our opponent in darkness then throwing lasers like judgement from the gods while the danmaku bullets complement each other
> "They can't eat it while they're asleep now, can they?" Junko questions.

> The Tengu seems pretty forgettable and unnoticeable. But such doesn't appear to be from their outfit or anything. You're actually finding it hard to keep notice of anything specific about her.
> The Tengu shakes her head, then stands up and stretches her clothing some, holding it there for a moment...
> You wonder if she's waiting on something. Maybe a compliment? It doesn't seem like she wants one.

> You resume heading along the road.
> You're not in the mood to make a pattern to remember and stick to in duels, but do your best to come up with ideas in your head without getting further tired.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 08:22:57 AM
//Inb4 actually Koishi somehow.

Prime:
>Shrug.
>"Well, you're still awake. Plus I can keep fish alive in my pocket dimension for a while, so preserving some until morning for the others isn't out of the question."

Shadow Realm:
>Manifest another eye near the fish that was left outside of the "water". Is it still alive?
>Are the swimming fish also still alive?
>Dismiss this eye after determining the answer.
>Consider the merits of turning a portion our realm into a fish farm.

>"Also I noticed that I can't seem to make out any specific features about you other than that you seem to be a tengu. Is that your ability?"
>"Your clothing looks nice by the way."
>("Are you noticing this as well, not the clothes part, I mean the thing about specific features.")

Contingency:
>Once we're sufficiently far from our sister's territory, pull off the road and find a tree to rest near.
>Don't fall asleep. We're simply remaining still to conserve energy.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 08:36:58 AM
//Inb4 actually Koishi somehow.

Prime:
>Shrug.
>"Well, you're still awake. Plus I can keep fish alive in my pocket dimension for a while, so preserving some until morning for the others isn't out of the question."

Shadow Realm:
>Manifest another eye near the fish that was left outside of the "water". Is it still alive?
>Are the swimming fish also still alive?
>Dismiss this eye after determining the answer.
>Consider the merits of turning a portion our realm into a fish farm.

>"Also I noticed that I can't seem to make out any specific features about you other than that you seem to be a tengu. Is that your ability?"
>"Your clothing looks nice by the way."
>("Are you noticing this as well, not the clothes part, I mean the thing about specific features.")

Contingency:
>Once we're sufficiently far from our sister's territory, pull off the road and find a tree to rest near.
>Don't fall asleep. We're simply remaining still to conserve energy.
> Junko does not respond.

> The fish outside of the "water" you made is still alive from what you can tell. Maybe your void is just fit for anything living. The swimming fish are as well.
> You wonder if you could grow plants in here, despite this being the furthest place from sunlight you can imagine...
> The Tengu shakes her hand a bit, but gives a thumbs up, sitting back down. Her mouth moves, but you're sure she doesn't say anything.
> "I never singled any of them out, so..." Shadow responds.

> You stop and rest at a tree, trying not to fall asleep.
> At least there's no one who can force you asleep here or anything.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 08:52:39 AM
Prime:
>"...I'll grab some extra just in case. Been wondering if I could start farming fish in there as a renewable food source anyway."
>If there are no objections from Junko, sink into the ground and make for our previous fishing spot, turning ourselves into a "net" of darkness like before.
>Eat fish that swim through us until satisfied as before, in accordance to standard predator etiquette, don't go for anything too small or too large, prioritize ones that seem old or weak, etc. Wouldn't want to ruin the lake's ecosystem for everyone or accidentally eat a mermaid after all.
>When we are done capture some more fish, preferably healthy ones of the same species, 3-6 to feed the others along with with an extra 10-15 or so for breeding stock and deposit them into our Shadow Realm's habitat.
>>Grab a few stones, detritus, and aquatic plants as well if we can put them in the habitat without harming the fish. Might as well give them some feel of their natural habitat.
>Return to our throne once we are finished.

Shadow Realm:
>"Sorta, huh. So anyway, from what I understand you're not sure what you want to do right now? Also would you like a chair?"
>Expand the fish tank such that the floor space is the size of what would be considered a small house while maintaining the current "water depth" to accommodate the influx of fish.
>Return our control fish to its brethren. It's flopped around for hours now and it's served its purpose for the experiment at this point.
>Actually can we make out details about the fish or is it just the tengu that's hard to perceive?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 09:52:32 AM
Contingency:
>Take a tree near us and add it to the shadow realm.

Shadow Realm:
>Examine the fish for any mutations
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 09, 2021, 10:57:47 PM
Prime:
>"...I'll grab some extra just in case. Been wondering if I could start farming fish in there as a renewable food source anyway."
>If there are no objections from Junko, sink into the ground and make for our previous fishing spot, turning ourselves into a "net" of darkness like before.
>Eat fish that swim through us until satisfied as before, in accordance to standard predator etiquette, don't go for anything too small or too large, prioritize ones that seem old or weak, etc. Wouldn't want to ruin the lake's ecosystem for everyone or accidentally eat a mermaid after all.
>When we are done capture some more fish, preferably healthy ones of the same species, 3-6 to feed the others along with with an extra 10-15 or so for breeding stock and deposit them into our Shadow Realm's habitat.
>>Grab a few stones, detritus, and aquatic plants as well if we can put them in the habitat without harming the fish. Might as well give them some feel of their natural habitat.
>Return to our throne once we are finished.

Shadow Realm:
>"Sorta, huh. So anyway, from what I understand you're not sure what you want to do right now? Also would you like a chair?"
>Expand the fish tank such that the floor space is the size of what would be considered a small house while maintaining the current "water depth" to accommodate the influx of fish.
>Return our control fish to its brethren. It's flopped around for hours now and it's served its purpose for the experiment at this point.
>Actually can we make out details about the fish or is it just the tengu that's hard to perceive?
Contingency:
>Take a tree near us and add it to the shadow realm.

Shadow Realm:
>Examine the fish for any mutations
> You head back to the lake.

> The Tengu shakes her head, then shrugs.
> You make the container larger, and deposit the other fish back in.
> The fish and the container are fine. It's just seems to be this Tengu.

> You swallow a tree up in your darkness, sending it to your void, though not eating it.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 09, 2021, 11:24:05 PM
Prime:
>Have we eaten our fill?

Shadow Realm:
>"Do you desire to liberate the tengu from their conscription?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 11:26:38 PM
>("Do remember what happened if I ate a person's shadow or if we tried to copy a person using their shadow?")
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 10, 2021, 05:38:58 AM
Prime:
>Have we eaten our fill?

Shadow Realm:
>"Do you desire to liberate the tengu from their conscription?"
>("Do remember what happened if I ate a person's shadow or if we tried to copy a person using their shadow?")
> "Eating a person's shadow weakens them tremendously, but do be careful, as it can't easily be undone. You may not even be able to find their shadow's darkness after eating it." Your Shadow advises
> You haven't even started yet. You're not that fast.

> The Tengu replies with a shrug that seems more annoyed than the previous ones.
> She gestures out into the distance of your void, then to herself, then you.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 10, 2021, 06:00:06 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Is there anything in particular in the direction she gestured in?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 10, 2021, 06:22:19 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Is there anything in particular in the direction she gestured in?
> No.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 10, 2021, 06:25:32 AM
>("Hmm.  Do you know if a fairy would recover from it on their own?")
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 10, 2021, 06:34:24 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"...You want to explore the Shadow Realm with me...?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 10, 2021, 07:26:05 AM
>("Hmm.  Do you know if a fairy would recover from it on their own?")
Shadow Realm:
>"...You want to explore the Shadow Realm with me...?"
> The tengu shakes her head, then gestures outwards.
> ("We don't know the most about fairies, but I'll say yes.")
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 11, 2021, 10:33:16 AM
>("Do remember what happened if I ate a person's shadow or if we tried to copy a person using their shadow?")

> "Eating a person's shadow weakens them tremendously, but do be careful, as it can't easily be undone. You may not even be able to find their shadow's darkness after eating it." Your Shadow advises
> You haven't even started yet. You're not that fast.

> The Tengu replies with a shrug that seems more annoyed than the previous ones.
> She gestures out into the distance of your void, then to herself, then you.
>_
> The tengu shakes her head, then gestures outwards.
> ("We don't know the most about fairies, but I'll say yes.")
>_

// One-Two-Three...Forth-Further-BackTrack-...Observe and Testing ,Testing and Observing , Right Applicability and Finality Testing-Proving-Seeking-Cooperating... //

Shadow Realm:

> To "Speechless Tengu ": Alright then ,do forgive me for going from a right amount of "tactically safe and sound,wrapping-head and understanding, charitable  cautiousness" to some and fault .... and so to send you,and thus everyone, back outside in Gensokyo and all its Lights,Shadows and demarcation...  please do Confirm or Deny or Gesture-Detail where exactly

>...to the Youkai Mountain,alongside your 2 Tengu companions since they have have nimbly arrived from the Misty Lake and are fly-climbing up there  ...

> ... or  to distance away from them  but still on the Youkai mountain...

> ... or to any other place of your choosing .

> Let her out of her Temporary Shelter by her choosing.

> ( Duly noted and Duly Trying to Remember&Apply&Not-Apply about Shadow Eating or,even Consumption, much obliged and content for your judicious warning ,expertise and counseling,Shadow;now it is all start coming back for scaling+gradingmore highlighted and applicability,rehearsal and expansion

> Try to Remember  about  ,based and starting-off other work-outs shadow and shadows or shadow-darkness and theirs :  Birthing&Augmenting&Boosting" ; "Copy&Camouflage&Mimic" ; "Heal&IncreaseDefense" ; "Particulary Adjustments&Tweaking".

> This One Current Attempt&Applicative:  Share and discuss and Narrate it to show this and this with rumia/Our Shadow as well

> On the " Potential Foraging Shadow-Side"  :try slowly eating a moderate part of the whole Tree'sShadow we , sense the energy-vitality and hunger-sleep improvement

> Observe the testing,and tasting, effects and after-effects.

> Try to,from its shadow and the  either "heal" or "recover" or "adjust tweak" or " beneficial  increase and strenghten  its shadow"...

>... If stunted or more ineffective,try a precise compensation and melding  the Tree Shadow together a bit of the Shadow Sorroundings ,granting  priority to Regenerating the Tree shadow as necessary...

> .... If harmfully failing or turning more uselessly than not, start giving back shadow parts to the Tree...

Prime :

> Besides Fish Meat, is there nothing else edible to regarding forage,gather,pick out,conserve,and eventual sharing,eventual sharing if accepted...

// Reminder  : Rumia is able and has demonstrated .from inside the Shadows Dimensions and to outside but proven impossible viceversa, "Shadow Realm and Aligned Shadows&Darkness manifestaion of edges and portions and outreaches,thus potentials ,with  herself inside-actively or outside-remotely her Shadow Real  (arms and hands ,accesses and exits,shadow and darkness) .... though "ONLY " partly-practiced and experienced-gained, //
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 11, 2021, 10:56:29 AM
Shadow Realm:

> To "Speechless Tengu ": Alright then ,do forgive me for going from a right amount of "tactically safe and sound,wrapping-head and understanding, charitable  cautiousness" to some and fault .... and so to send you,and thus everyone, back outside in Gensokyo and all its Lights,Shadows and demarcation...  please do Confirm or Deny or Gesture-Detail where exactly

>...to the Youkai Mountain,alongside your 2 Tengu companions since they have have nimbly arrived from the Misty Lake and are fly-climbing up there  ...

> ... or  to distance away from them  but still on the Youkai mountain...

> ... or to any other place of your choosing .

> Let her out of her Temporary Shelter by her choosing.
>Don't do this.
>Instead:
>"So do you intend to join the rest of the tengu under the mountain fairies, or do you plan on throwing in your lot with a different fairy or group of fairies? Things are strange in Gensokyo right now, and not being associated with a fairy might put you at a disadvantage until this whole incident reaches its conclusion."
>"If you're considering the latter, then might I recommend the fairy that we're currently associating with? She's quite reasonable compared to the more extreme fairy groups like that of the mountain, and has the backing of a goddess in addition to us."
>"Plus as our numbers grow we're probably going to have to face the mountain group at some point, especially since my dear shadow seems to have a vested interest in your people. So if you join up with us you'll likely end up being a part of the effort to free the other Tengu from the fairies that conscripted them."
>"Of course, if you'd rather not join us, or would prefer to stay out of the conflict entirely I'd understand as well. I'm not going to force you into it if it's not something you want to be a part of. In fact, I'm perfectly willing to send you on your way in the event you refuse, though I may need to ask you some questions regarding where you want to be dropped off in that case."
>"So what do you say? Interested in joining our little merry band?"

//If anybody would like to add anything to this recruitment pitch feel free to do so.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 12, 2021, 12:10:18 AM
// One-Two-Three...Forth-Further-BackTrack-...Observe and Testing ,Testing and Observing , Right Applicability and Finality Testing-Proving-Seeking-Cooperating... //

Shadow Realm:

> To "Speechless Tengu ": Alright then ,do forgive me for going from a right amount of "tactically safe and sound,wrapping-head and understanding, charitable  cautiousness" to some and fault .... and so to send you,and thus everyone, back outside in Gensokyo and all its Lights,Shadows and demarcation...  please do Confirm or Deny or Gesture-Detail where exactly

>...to the Youkai Mountain,alongside your 2 Tengu companions since they have have nimbly arrived from the Misty Lake and are fly-climbing up there  ...

> ... or  to distance away from them  but still on the Youkai mountain...

> ... or to any other place of your choosing .

> Let her out of her Temporary Shelter by her choosing.

> ( Duly noted and Duly Trying to Remember&Apply&Not-Apply about Shadow Eating or,even Consumption, much obliged and content for your judicious warning ,expertise and counseling,Shadow;now it is all start coming back for scaling+gradingmore highlighted and applicability,rehearsal and expansion

> Try to Remember  about  ,based and starting-off other work-outs shadow and shadows or shadow-darkness and theirs :  Birthing&Augmenting&Boosting" ; "Copy&Camouflage&Mimic" ; "Heal&IncreaseDefense" ; "Particulary Adjustments&Tweaking".

> This One Current Attempt&Applicative:  Share and discuss and Narrate it to show this and this with rumia/Our Shadow as well

> On the " Potential Foraging Shadow-Side"  :try slowly eating a moderate part of the whole Tree'sShadow we , sense the energy-vitality and hunger-sleep improvement

> Observe the testing,and tasting, effects and after-effects.

> Try to,from its shadow and the  either "heal" or "recover" or "adjust tweak" or " beneficial  increase and strenghten  its shadow"...

>... If stunted or more ineffective,try a precise compensation and melding  the Tree Shadow together a bit of the Shadow Sorroundings ,granting  priority to Regenerating the Tree shadow as necessary...

> .... If harmfully failing or turning more uselessly than not, start giving back shadow parts to the Tree...

Prime :

> Besides Fish Meat, is there nothing else edible to regarding forage,gather,pick out,conserve,and eventual sharing,eventual sharing if accepted...

// Reminder  : Rumia is able and has demonstrated .from inside the Shadows Dimensions and to outside but proven impossible viceversa, "Shadow Realm and Aligned Shadows&Darkness manifestaion of edges and portions and outreaches,thus potentials ,with  herself inside-actively or outside-remotely her Shadow Real  (arms and hands ,accesses and exits,shadow and darkness) .... though "ONLY " partly-practiced and experienced-gained, //
>Don't do this.
>Instead:
>"So do you intend to join the rest of the tengu under the mountain fairies, or do you plan on throwing in your lot with a different fairy or group of fairies? Things are strange in Gensokyo right now, and not being associated with a fairy might put you at a disadvantage until this whole incident reaches its conclusion."
>"If you're considering the latter, then might I recommend the fairy that we're currently associating with? She's quite reasonable compared to the more extreme fairy groups like that of the mountain, and has the backing of a goddess in addition to us."
>"Plus as our numbers grow we're probably going to have to face the mountain group at some point, especially since my dear shadow seems to have a vested interest in your people. So if you join up with us you'll likely end up being a part of the effort to free the other Tengu from the fairies that conscripted them."
>"Of course, if you'd rather not join us, or would prefer to stay out of the conflict entirely I'd understand as well. I'm not going to force you into it if it's not something you want to be a part of. In fact, I'm perfectly willing to send you on your way in the event you refuse, though I may need to ask you some questions regarding where you want to be dropped off in that case."
>"So what do you say? Interested in joining our little merry band?"

//If anybody would like to add anything to this recruitment pitch feel free to do so.
> The Tengu considers, though shakes her head in the end.

> You start to absorb the Tree's shadow. It's not much. Meat's better.
> It doesn't seem like you can provide the tree with part of it's shadow again. You've already absorbed it, and as far as you can tell, there's no "tree shadow" in any of your reserves. Putting darkness into it doesn't seem to recover it's shadow either.

> Nothing down here in the lake that seems edible aside from water and the fish you're starting to collect.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 12, 2021, 01:33:12 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Alright then. Though the offer's still on the table if you ever change your mind and we happen to run into each other again."
>Smile.
>"So where would you like to be dropped off?"
>"Near Youkai Mountain? At the shore of Misty Lake? Anywhere? Some place I haven't mentioned?"
>"Hold up 1, 2, 3, or 4 fingers respectively to answer."

Prime:
>Progress?

Contingency:
>Look around.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 12, 2021, 01:37:16 AM
>Try changing a fish's shadow so it is like us without eating it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 12, 2021, 01:43:29 AM
>Try changing a fish's shadow so it is like us without eating it
>Isolate this fish from the others/put it in its own separate small tank before attempting this experiment.
>>Try not to make it the same fish we did the suffocation experiment with. Poor guy (girl?) has been through enough.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 13, 2021, 06:31:29 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Alright then. Though the offer's still on the table if you ever change your mind and we happen to run into each other again."
>Smile.
>"So where would you like to be dropped off?"
>"Near Youkai Mountain? At the shore of Misty Lake? Anywhere? Some place I haven't mentioned?"
>"Hold up 1, 2, 3, or 4 fingers respectively to answer."

Prime:
>Progress?

Contingency:
>Look around.
>Try changing a fish's shadow so it is like us without eating it
>Isolate this fish from the others/put it in its own separate small tank before attempting this experiment.
>>Try not to make it the same fish we did the suffocation experiment with. Poor guy (girl?) has been through enough.
> The Tengu holds up her hand.
> ...
> You're not sure how many fingers that is. You hope you're just tired and not that she's incapable of telling even this sort of thing.
> You take out another fish and try to change it's shadow.
> You get it to look like a miniature shadow of your figure, but that doesn't seem to do anything else to the fish.

> Progressing. Well, hardly. You don't seem to be as efficient at it this time around. That, or the fish have changed something.

> Nothing in the scenery seems to have changed, aside from the tree you ate of course.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 06:38:00 AM
Prime:
>Less efficient, as in we're not catching as much as last time? Or less efficient as if our ability to eat/digest them has been reduced/tampered with somehow?

Shadow Realm:
>("...You wouldn't happen to be able to tell how many fingers that is, can you?")
>If Shadow cannot:
>>"Hmm... Think you can turn down your ability a little? I can't make out how many fingers that is... Or I could touch your hand and feel how many there are, provided you're okay with that."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 06:46:21 AM
>Try making the fish's shadow magical like our darkness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 13, 2021, 06:52:54 AM
Prime:
>Less efficient, as in we're not catching as much as last time? Or less efficient as if our ability to eat/digest them has been reduced/tampered with somehow?

Shadow Realm:
>("...You wouldn't happen to be able to tell how many fingers that is, can you?")
>If Shadow cannot:
>>"Hmm... Think you can turn down your ability a little? I can't make out how many fingers that is... Or I could touch your hand and feel how many there are, provided you're okay with that."
>Try making the fish's shadow magical like our darkness
> The former. You aren't catching much.

> ("No, I can't.") Shadow answers.
> The Tengu looks at her hands, and looks dissapointed.
> She pauses, then starts to approach you.

> You're not sure how you would even go about turning a shadow magical without getting rid of it...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 07:25:46 AM
Shadow Realm:
>From what we remember from being in Marisa make a copy as close as possible to the original
>Give it a shadow
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 07:46:53 AM
Prime:
>Continue the current plan but expand to cover twice the area, both horizontally and vertically, centered on our original coverage.
>Are we catching more?

Shadow Realm:
>Allow her to approach.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 13, 2021, 07:53:12 AM
Shadow Realm:
>From what we remember from being in Marisa make a copy as close as possible to the original
>Give it a shadow
Prime:
>Continue the current plan but expand to cover twice the area, both horizontally and vertically, centered on our original coverage.
>Are we catching more?

Shadow Realm:
>Allow her to approach.
> > You expand your area, but don't seem to be netting more...

> You make a silhouette of Marisa and put some darkness at it's foot.

> The Tengu grabs your hand, putting up three of your fingers.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 08:00:46 AM
>Is the inside human like Marisa?
>Take a smidgen of the fish's shadow and add it to the silhouette
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 08:08:58 AM
Prime:
>Move ourselves closer to the top of the water column while maintaining area and matching ambient darkness. It's possible that fish migrated up during the night.
>>If this doesn't improve our efficiency, then do the opposite: Sink through the water column until the bottom of our area is touching the lakebed and our darkness is in every nook and cranny.

Contingency:
>Prepare a spot of darkness nearby to receive incoming ejection.

Shadow Realm:
>"Anywhere, then?"
>If she nods to confirm:
>>"Then I wish you well. I'm going to drop you off near my secondary body. Stay safe out there."
>>Gently remove her from the Shadow Realm, ejecting her through the darkness Contingency set.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 13, 2021, 08:43:52 AM
>Is the inside human like Marisa?
>Take a smidgen of the fish's shadow and add it to the silhouette
Prime:
>Move ourselves closer to the top of the water column while maintaining area and matching ambient darkness. It's possible that fish migrated up during the night.
>>If this doesn't improve our efficiency, then do the opposite: Sink through the water column until the bottom of our area is touching the lakebed and our darkness is in every nook and cranny.

Contingency:
>Prepare a spot of darkness nearby to receive incoming ejection.

Shadow Realm:
>"Anywhere, then?"
>If she nods to confirm:
>>"Then I wish you well. I'm going to drop you off near my secondary body. Stay safe out there."
>>Gently remove her from the Shadow Realm, ejecting her through the darkness Contingency set.
> No.
> You take part of the fish's shadow and try to get it to the silhouette.
> Without it moving, you're not sure if it's part of it or just darkness.

> The Tengu nods in affirmation, and you deposit her out into Gensokyo near your other body.

> You move higher, to no aid...
> Then lower, still not getting any more.
> There's definitely something up. Either the fish are gone, or they're somehow actively avoiding you.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 08:54:55 AM
>"Hey Shadow, can you tell if the Marisa silhouette fused with the fish's shadow?"

>"I thought I might be able to create doppelgangers from people's shadows."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 09:27:21 AM
Contingency:
>Wave goodbye at the tengu as she departs.

Prime:
>Double our area of coverage if we can do so without losing integrity.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 13, 2021, 04:47:24 PM
>"Hey Shadow, can you tell if the Marisa silhouette fused with the fish's shadow?"

>"I thought I might be able to create doppelgangers from people's shadows."
Contingency:
>Wave goodbye at the tengu as she departs.

Prime:
>Double our area of coverage if we can do so without losing integrity.
> "It doesn't look like it is from here." Your shadow responds.

> You increase your coverage area, still struggling to get more.
> Somethings beginning to fire danmaku in the lake towards you. Well, you aren't sure if its actually directed at you, or if the fairies above the lake are just fishing.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 05:11:01 PM
Prime:
>We are merged with the natural murk so it's probably coincidental.
>Extend to the entire water column, blending into the natural murk/nighttime darkness at each depth. Once we do this have the darkness towards the center of our dispersed self travel towards the outer edge until we have a ring/tube of dispersed, murk merged darkness a few feet thick.
>Start expanding our ring/tube-like formation, maintaining edge thickness if possible. Consume fish in accordance to our criteria that pass through us as the ring travels towards the lake edge.
>Check what's going on at the surface with the parts of our darkness that end up at the top of the water column.
>>Stop when hunger is sated and we've gathered enough for our breeding experiment.
>>Also stop any of the above steps if it feels like this body will stop existing if our darkness is stretched/dispersed any further
>If the danmaku gets close, dodge it by opening up holes in the "ring" ahead of the shots so that our darkness can flow around them. Close the holes again once the shots pass.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 06:19:05 PM
>Attempt to 'weave' the Marisa and fish darkness together.

>Is the Marisa solid darkness?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 13, 2021, 10:19:13 PM
Prime:
>We are merged with the natural murk so it's probably coincidental.
>Extend to the entire water column, blending into the natural murk/nighttime darkness at each depth. Once we do this have the darkness towards the center of our dispersed self travel towards the outer edge until we have a ring/tube of dispersed, murk merged darkness a few feet thick.
>Start expanding our ring/tube-like formation, maintaining edge thickness if possible. Consume fish in accordance to our criteria that pass through us as the ring travels towards the lake edge.
>Check what's going on at the surface with the parts of our darkness that end up at the top of the water column.
>>Stop when hunger is sated and we've gathered enough for our breeding experiment.
>>Also stop any of the above steps if it feels like this body will stop existing if our darkness is stretched/dispersed any further
>If the danmaku gets close, dodge it by opening up holes in the "ring" ahead of the shots so that our darkness can flow around them. Close the holes again once the shots pass.
>Attempt to 'weave' the Marisa and fish darkness together.

>Is the Marisa solid darkness?
> You try to weave parts of the fish shadow you had into the Marisa silhouete.
> It is.
> You... think it works? You're not sure.

> You start to expand even further, and check on the surface.
> As expected, there are fairies at the side of the lake. Though alongside them are some non-fairy creatures. One of such non-fairies you believe might be a mermaid, next to a large, growing orb of water that is connected to the lake.
> They're far from your main body, and due to the lake area's mist, you can't see any of them with that body.
> You can faintly hear some music from them. Or maybe, near them.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 10:24:26 PM
Prime:
>Continue
>Can we see if anything is in the water orb from here?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 13, 2021, 10:27:41 PM
Prime:
>Continue
>Can we see if anything is in the water orb from here?
> You continue expanding.
> You think there are fish inside. And more heading up into the orb, in fact...
> You suppose that answers if something is up or coincidence...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 10:40:56 PM
Prime:
>While maintaining its camouflage while dispersed in the ambient water darkness, shift the ring so that it's centered on the orb but the edge is far enough out that it won't be immediately obvious that we're using it as bait.
>Continue eating according to prior parameters during and after the move until satisfied and specimen collection is complete.
>>While moving, since intersecting the path the fish are taking to the orb is inevitable, concentrate on fish farther away from the orb when this happens so as not to tip off whoever's maintaining it that there's something amiss, just in case they're intentionally collecting fish for whatever reason.
>>Do insert a small blob of ourselves harmlessly into one of the fish going into the orb as we pass, though. (If doing so wouldn't cost significant hunger) Might as well see what's up inside.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 11:38:51 PM
>Start shaping the Marisa silhouette so that has organs, veins, and bones
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 13, 2021, 11:58:19 PM
>Start shaping the Marisa silhouette so that has organs, veins, and bones
//inb4 this works and the resulting doppelganger is sentient.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 12:10:33 AM
Prime:
>While maintaining its camouflage while dispersed in the ambient water darkness, shift the ring so that it's centered on the orb but the edge is far enough out that it won't be immediately obvious that we're using it as bait.
>Continue eating according to prior parameters during and after the move until satisfied and specimen collection is complete.
>>While moving, since intersecting the path the fish are taking to the orb is inevitable, concentrate on fish farther away from the orb when this happens so as not to tip off whoever's maintaining it that there's something amiss, just in case they're intentionally collecting fish for whatever reason.
>>Do insert a small blob of ourselves harmlessly into one of the fish going into the orb as we pass, though. (If doing so wouldn't cost significant hunger) Might as well see what's up inside.
>Start shaping the Marisa silhouette so that has organs, veins, and bones
> You start making more details to the darkness you made. It's not like they actually work like the original things, however...

> You continue, finally taking in a bit more fish, and tagging along one as it gets into the orb.
> The orb disconnects from the lake, and after a moment, the music changes, picking up in volume, while the mermaid begins to... sing.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 12:18:59 AM
>Absorb some water from the lake
->Put the water in our Marisa duplicate and use the heart to pump the water through the veins

>If a human got injured what do we think we could replace to keep them alive?  (Like  make a shadow heart or lung)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 14, 2021, 12:50:28 AM
Prime:
>Listen to the song as the ring continues its work.

Prime->Orb Blob:
>What's it like in here?

Shadow Realm:
>"...You don't think this will become sentient if I do it right, will it?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 05:48:29 AM
>Absorb some water from the lake
->Put the water in our Marisa duplicate and use the heart to pump the water through the veins

>If a human got injured what do we think we could replace to keep them alive?  (Like  make a shadow heart or lung)
Prime:
>Listen to the song as the ring continues its work.

Prime->Orb Blob:
>What's it like in here?

Shadow Realm:
>"...You don't think this will become sentient if I do it right, will it?"
> "Probably not..."

> You take in some water and put it in the Marisa darkness.
> It... doesn't really work. The water just falls through.

> You definitely could not do much with your limited medical knowledge. You know how they taste, not as much about how they work...

> You listen further.
> It's a bunch of water and fish... Not much else really.
> You find yourself departing the orb, as well as starting to leave the water and head up to the surface. Both, getting you nearer to the mermaid.
> Junko stands up, starting for the lake.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 14, 2021, 05:53:02 AM
>We can see Junko from here?

Prime:
>Resist the pull.

Prime->Orb blob:
>Embrace the pull and accelerate towards the mermaid. Enter her harmlessly. Discreetly if we can. Try to dilute/spread ourselves through the air as we travel until we're barely visible if we can manage it without poofing the blob to make infiltration easier.
>Travel to her inner ears.
>Whisper: "You have a nice voice."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 06:18:14 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Glance at shadow then look away in embarrassment

>Try to lift up the water like shadow lifted the tengu earlier
->Solidify the Marisa

>Mumble "Jumped before I can walk."
->"You remember what we could do in our heyday, right.  Shadow, could we make doppelgangers or learn a person's history from their shadow?"

>Fall back and let our darkness form a simple chair to hold us."

>"Or is this it, travel through the darkness, make an area dark, and make silly hats?"

>Let out a sigh
>"Maybe I'm over thinking. Heh, gods know how long it's been since I could.  My ego has been bruised, being blinded by the Moriya God, not being able to pierce that barrier, how far I've fallen since being sealed, and X's fairy talking like I'm a dog treat."

>Swing around to face Shadow.

>"Thanks for listening.  So, besides protecting the people who interest you, what do you want out of life?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 07:44:30 AM
>We can see Junko from here?

Prime:
>Resist the pull.

Prime->Orb blob:
>Embrace the pull and accelerate towards the mermaid. Enter her harmlessly. Discreetly if we can. Try to dilute/spread ourselves through the air as we travel until we're barely visible if we can manage it without poofing the blob to make infiltration easier.
>Travel to her inner ears.
>Whisper: "You have a nice voice."
Shadow Realm:
>Glance at shadow then look away in embarrassment

>Try to lift up the water like shadow lifted the tengu earlier
->Solidify the Marisa

>Mumble "Jumped before I can walk."
->"You remember what we could do in our heyday, right.  Shadow, could we make doppelgangers or learn a person's history from their shadow?"

>Fall back and let our darkness form a simple chair to hold us."

>"Or is this it, travel through the darkness, make an area dark, and make silly hats?"

>Let out a sigh
>"Maybe I'm over thinking. Heh, gods know how long it's been since I could.  My ego has been bruised, being blinded by the Moriya God, not being able to pierce that barrier, how far I've fallen since being sealed, and X's fairy talking like I'm a dog treat."

>Swing around to face Shadow.

>"Thanks for listening.  So, besides protecting the people who interest you, what do you want out of life?"
> You make the shadow Marisa "solid".
> "I don't think we had anything like that..." Shadow answers.
> You make a chair of darkness to sit down on.
> "We used our darkness for support. It's not like we could have the darkness in someone rip themselves out into a minion for us. Any chance we're relying too much on it now that there's more?"

> No.
> You try to resist, but it's hard to ignore the music and singing...
> You follow the music instead, and head into the mermaid as well.
> "Eh?" The mermaid jumps as you speak. "In my head?"
> "It's okay, we've got this." You hear a voice close to the mermaid. "I know you're tired, but um... Keep singing, please!"
> The music stops, but kicks back up, faster, in a different tune. It sounds like it's further past the mermaid's spot, but find yourself drawn to one of the nearby fairies instead.
> The mermaid starts singing again. And although she's the one singing, you still feel drawn to the fairies. The music sounds like it's coming from her now.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 08:01:18 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"That's a good point.  I think you're right."
>"I'd forgotten that even before our sealing we primarily used our muscle."

Prime:
>Try blocking our ears with darkness
->If that doesn't work shift our form so this body is death.

Prime->Orb blob:
>Try to remove the blob's ability to hear
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 14, 2021, 08:36:15 AM
> No.
> Junko stands up, starting for the lake.
//How can we possibly know this then??? Prime was the only body with Junko and she's committed to the lake.
---------------------------

Contingency:
>Are we being affected at all?

Shadow Realm:

>Are we experiencing any compulsions?

Prime:
>We obviously need to counter their singing with our own!
>"We're no strangers to love! You know the rules, and so do I!"


>Try to switch off our main mass's sense of hearing. (Leave the mermaid blob be.)
>Attempt to conceptually darken our mass's sense of hearing if that doesn't work. (Do not darken that of the mermaid blob).
>>If either of the above works, have our main mass retreat back into the water.
>>If it doesn't, have tiny parts of our darkness turn into rigid, grooved masses, and have them rapidly rub against each other to generate white noise within ourselves. Do not do this with the mermaid blob.
>>>If this reduces the effect, have our main mass retreat.

Prime->Mermaid:
>Physically anchor ourselves inside the mermaid's ear canal if this blob is starting to be drawn out of her. Try not to hurt the mermaid or cause discomfort when we do so.

>Whisper. "Oh, I'm not in your mind, just projecting my voice in a manner of speaking. Who was that by the way? Are they listening to your beautiful voice too? Also are you really going to let that fairy upstage you? Your voice is way better than hers. I liked it better when it was just you drawing me in anyway."
>>(If we're forced to anchor and end up accidentally hurting the mermaid as a result) "Also sorry if that hurt at all. Had to anchor myself so I could keep talking to you."

>"Speaking of fairies, she's not forcing you to sing for you is she? Because that might actually be bad if you're not okay with it. Fairies are forming factions and recruiting people all around Gensokyo and not all of them have been playing nice."
>"Also sorry that I have to resort to this method of talking to you. This is a rather strange situation from my end..."

>(If the main mass is unable to retreat in any capacity) "By the way do you know if your fairy companions have hostile intentions? I'd rather keep things peaceful but if that fairy intends to cause me harm by luring me to her I will have no choice but to open fire. I'll make an effort to miss you though if you're not with them or serving them against your will."

Prime:
>Try blocking our ears with darkness
->If that doesn't work shift our form so this body is death.
>Don't do this as it would be redundant with above actions. Plus Prime isn't even in body mode anyway.

//Prime is literally a dark mist dispersed through air and water right now, there's no physical ears to block or shift.

Prime->Orb blob:
>Try to remove the blob's ability to hear
>Only do this if both of the following are true:
>>We are forced to anchor.
>>We are being drawn out despite being anchored.
>If we end up doing this. Turn it on when we speak to hear the mermaid's responses before switching it off again. Reposition if necessary.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 09:22:42 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"That's a good point.  I think you're right."
>"I'd forgotten that even before our sealing we primarily used our muscle."

Prime:
>Try blocking our ears with darkness
->If that doesn't work shift our form so this body is death.

Prime->Orb blob:
>Try to remove the blob's ability to hear
//How can we possibly know this then??? Prime was the only body with Junko and she's committed to the lake.
---------------------------

Contingency:
>Are we being affected at all?

Shadow Realm:

>Are we experiencing any compulsions?

Prime:
>We obviously need to counter their singing with our own!
>"We're no strangers to love! You know the rules, and so do I!"


>Try to switch off our main mass's sense of hearing. (Leave the mermaid blob be.)
>Attempt to conceptually darken our mass's sense of hearing if that doesn't work. (Do not darken that of the mermaid blob).
>>If either of the above works, have our main mass retreat back into the water.
>>If it doesn't, have tiny parts of our darkness turn into rigid, grooved masses, and have them rapidly rub against each other to generate white noise within ourselves. Do not do this with the mermaid blob.
>>>If this reduces the effect, have our main mass retreat.

Prime->Mermaid:
>Physically anchor ourselves inside the mermaid's ear canal if this blob is starting to be drawn out of her. Try not to hurt the mermaid or cause discomfort when we do so.

>Whisper. "Oh, I'm not in your mind, just projecting my voice in a manner of speaking. Who was that by the way? Are they listening to your beautiful voice too? Also are you really going to let that fairy upstage you? Your voice is way better than hers. I liked it better when it was just you drawing me in anyway."
>>(If we're forced to anchor and end up accidentally hurting the mermaid as a result) "Also sorry if that hurt at all. Had to anchor myself so I could keep talking to you."

>"Speaking of fairies, she's not forcing you to sing for you is she? Because that might actually be bad if you're not okay with it. Fairies are forming factions and recruiting people all around Gensokyo and not all of them have been playing nice."
>"Also sorry that I have to resort to this method of talking to you. This is a rather strange situation from my end..."

>(If the main mass is unable to retreat in any capacity) "By the way do you know if your fairy companions have hostile intentions? I'd rather keep things peaceful but if that fairy intends to cause me harm by luring me to her I will have no choice but to open fire. I'll make an effort to miss you though if you're not with them or serving them against your will."
>Don't do this as it would be redundant with above actions. Plus Prime isn't even in body mode anyway.

//Prime is literally a dark mist dispersed through air and water right now, there's no physical ears to block or shift.
>Only do this if both of the following are true:
>>We are forced to anchor.
>>We are being drawn out despite being anchored.
>If we end up doing this. Turn it on when we speak to hear the mermaid's responses before switching it off again. Reposition if necessary.

> You don't feel any from in your void. Nor does Contingency.
> "Youkai strength usually wasn't beatable by humans back then."

> You can see her figure at least.
> You don't know how to stop yourself from hearing.
> With no progress, you make bits of darkness rub against each other within you.
> Despite that noise overshadowing the music, the music still keeps you goin towards the fairy. Is this what people mean when they "feel" music?

> You cling onto the mermaid as painlessly as you can.
> "Out of my heaaaad♪ Out of my- wait, what?" The mermaid stops singing, questioning. "You know about the fairies?"
> "Don't get distracted! It's no one on our side if they're only talking to you." The voice you heard before repeats. "Could you please play louder? We have an emergency!" The voice requests.
> The music kicks up even more, at a faster pace. At this point, you can feel the beat as if it's passing through your body. despite not having one.
> The fairies seem to be huddled around the one the music is coming from, and you can even see who you believe is the red mansion's gate guard among the fairies.
> Another look determines that Junko is among them now, trying to get to the one the music is coming from, with Hecatia and Clownpiece not far away and approaching as if they had to hurry. You can't tell if they're awake or sleepwalking from this distance.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 09:40:24 AM
Prime:
>Send spores of darkness towards the singer

>If the singing doesn't count as danmaku
->"Could ask them to stop?  I'd happily play a game of damnaku, and it is safer for everyone."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 10:56:29 AM
Prime:
>Send spores of darkness towards the singer

>If the singing doesn't count as danmaku
->"Could ask them to stop?  I'd happily play a game of damnaku, and it is safer for everyone."
> There are no fairies singing. The only person to sing recently was the mermaid, and even though she's stopped to address you, the music still seems to be coming from a fairy instead of the mermaid.
> You send a bit of your darkness towards the fairy that the music is coming from.

> You don't think this counts as danmaku...
> "Someone's... asking for a danmaku battle. I guess they're the perpetrator, then." The mermaid speaks.
> "I think everything alive is around here now. Or everyone..." Someone in the crowd speaks. "It should be fine.
> The music slows down, to just a few notes occasionally.
> The source no longer seems to be coming from the fairy, nor do you feel drawn to it. It sounds like it's coming from above now.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 06:33:42 PM
>Above, as in the water orb?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 06:43:27 PM
>Above, as in the water orb?
> No.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 06:49:31 PM
Prime:
>In a tired voice, "What am I being accused of?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 14, 2021, 07:13:37 PM
Prime:
>In a tired voice, "What am I being accused of?"
>Change to: In a tired voice: "So, what exactly is going on here? And what was allegedly perpetrated that you felt the need to draw in everything in the area indiscriminately?"

//Decided to sorta merge yours with mine but remove the mention of us specifically being the accused, since it's clear now that this is indiscriminate.

Prime:
>"Also sorry I didn't speak to you all in general before. Before I realized that you were targeting everyone, I thought I was being singled out for some reason, so forgive me for being cautious."
>Look towards the source of the music.
>Do our allies seem unharmed?

Prime->Mermaid:
>"Oh, so the song was indiscriminately targeting everyone, guess that's better than me specifically."
>"Anyway, yeah I know about the fairies. Even have one of my own too. Are these ones yours? Are you with them by choice?"
>"You can whisper if you'd rather not let them hear. I'm close enough to hear. Or at least this fragment of me is."

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 09:28:18 PM
Prime:
>In a tired voice, "What am I being accused of?"
>Change to: In a tired voice: "So, what exactly is going on here? And what was allegedly perpetrated that you felt the need to draw in everything in the area indiscriminately?"

//Decided to sorta merge yours with mine but remove the mention of us specifically being the accused, since it's clear now that this is indiscriminate.

Prime:
>"Also sorry I didn't speak to you all in general before. Before I realized that you were targeting everyone, I thought I was being singled out for some reason, so forgive me for being cautious."
>Look towards the source of the music.
>Do our allies seem unharmed?

Prime->Mermaid:
>"Oh, so the song was indiscriminately targeting everyone, guess that's better than me specifically."
>"Anyway, yeah I know about the fairies. Even have one of my own too. Are these ones yours? Are you with them by choice?"
>"You can whisper if you'd rather not let them hear. I'm close enough to hear. Or at least this fragment of me is."


> The music appears to be coming from someone with a musical instrument. A violin, you're pretty sure that is.
> "Oh, I can hear them now. The music was just louder before." The other voice near the mermaid speaks.
> "Whatever you wanna know or discuss, ask the person playing the music."
> "I can just get rid of them now, since they're with the fairies." The voice continues.

> None of your trio seems harmed. Clownpiece is starting to wave her torch, though.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 14, 2021, 09:44:29 PM
Prime:
>Directly whisper to the voice but keep the mermaid in earshot.
>"Correction: I'm with a single fairy -- willingly, mind you -- and certainly not whichever ones may have caused you trouble since we just got here relatively recently. I know there are a few factions around this area, though, so more likely than not it was one of them. Though before I jump to any conclusions I'll ask the violinist what's going on... Oh, my name is Rumia by the way, may I know the two of yours?"

>"Excuse me, miss violinist? As much as I like your music, is there a reason you've gathered up everyone around the lake? "

>Be prepared to fight if Clownpiece's torch ends up causing a fight before negotiations end.

>Send a small portion of ourselves near Clownpiece's ear, try not to look at the torch as we approach.
>Whisper: "Nice to see you awake, Commander, though it's a shame your sleep was interrupted by whatever this violinist was up to. Don't be alarmed, I'm kinda dispersed across the area at the moment. Anyway, I see you're already planning something?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 10:00:38 PM
>Naz
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 10:41:44 PM
Prime:
>Directly whisper to the voice but keep the mermaid in earshot.
>"Correction: I'm with a single fairy -- willingly, mind you -- and certainly not whichever ones may have caused you trouble since we just got here relatively recently. I know there are a few factions around this area, though, so more likely than not it was one of them. Though before I jump to any conclusions I'll ask the violinist what's going on... Oh, my name is Rumia by the way, may I know the two of yours?"

>"Excuse me, miss violinist? As much as I like your music, is there a reason you've gathered up everyone around the lake? "

>Be prepared to fight if Clownpiece's torch ends up causing a fight before negotiations end.

>Send a small portion of ourselves near Clownpiece's ear, try not to look at the torch as we approach.
>Whisper: "Nice to see you awake, Commander, though it's a shame your sleep was interrupted by whatever this violinist was up to. Don't be alarmed, I'm kinda dispersed across the area at the moment. Anyway, I see you're already planning something?"
>Naz
> You feel too sluggish to get all the way over to Clownpiece. It's too much work.
> Neither the voice nor the mermaid seem to answer you.
> The violinist looks around for the source of the voice, before settling for speaking in general.
> "Well, someone's been attacking this lake. So we're bringing them here to punish them." She speaks. "We don't know who exactly, so we'll do it to everyone gathered who isn't with us. If you aren't a part of the attack, that doesn't mean you're innocent."
> The violin shifts as the music gets a bit louder. "Those that were near enough to witness it didn't do anything to put a stop to it. They are also the ones near enough to hear."
> "Not innocent? We were asleep!" Clownpiece retorts. "If I didn't feel so sleepy, I'd teach you a thing or two." She waves her torch a bit less.
> "Does that mean you plan to attack Clownpiece? Interrupting her sleep too?" Hecatia questions, rubbing her eye. Or at least trying to. She doesn't even get her arm up to her face...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 14, 2021, 10:51:38 PM
Shadow Realm:
>"Have we ever tried to darken something on a conceptual level? Like, for instance, 'darkening' a sound so that it's inaudible?"

Prime:
>"Can we at least know the nature of this so called attack? My group literally just got to the lake tonight, not to mention half of us were asleep, so we couldn't have been responsible, plus you can't really witness much from the shoreline with all the mist either, especially considering it's the middle of the night."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 11:15:47 PM
Shadow Realm:
>"Have we ever tried to darken something on a conceptual level? Like, for instance, 'darkening' a sound so that it's inaudible?"

Prime:
>"Can we at least know the nature of this so called attack? My group literally just got to the lake tonight, not to mention half of us were asleep, so we couldn't have been responsible, plus you can't really witness much from the shoreline with all the mist either, especially considering it's the middle of the night."
> You don't believe you have.
> "I don't recall us ever trying." Shadow responds. "How would you even start with that?"

> "We also only got here recently!" One of the fairies spoke. "We were at the forest near here."
> "And we were just at the mansion with miss Meiling. She wouldn't let us do anything bad to the lake." Another fairy speaks.
> "Excuses excuses. Looking around, it seems like you're all with fairies one way or another, too. We'll start with something light for-"
> "Hey, aren't problems supposed to be settled with danmaku duels?" Clownpiece questions.
> "If they don't want to, we're fine with that." Hecatia speaks.
> "Well, the fairies we've crossed never wanted a danmaku battle since they were so strong. Are you going to weaken yourself just to participate in one instead of just using your new powers?" The violinist questions.
> "You struck first without danmaku. Isn't it only fair for us to reply in kind?" Junko questions.
> You feel a refreshing sensation going through you, removing the sluggish feeling. Like you had a good rest.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 14, 2021, 11:21:59 PM
> You don't believe you have.

//It was a question directed at Shadow.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 14, 2021, 11:26:09 PM
//It was a question directed at Shadow.
//edited
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 11:47:36 PM
>Start spreading underground/underwater so we can wrap around everyone if they don't want to play danmaku

>Have the dark spores duplicate then spread through the fairy
->Have the duplicates head to the violinist

>Is the moon out and casting shadows

>Send a small blob that looks like a spirit out, "I'd prefer danmaku."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 12:07:49 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Shrug.
>"Not sure, but still would have interesting implications if conceptually darkening something actually works."

Prime:
>"Honestly considering how late it is, I'm all for a peaceful resolution if one is possible. Besides, not every fairy faction is that barbaric from what I understand. I, for one, would be perfectly willing to abide by danmaku rules if it came down to it, but that would hinge on whether or not my opponents are honorable enough to do the same."
>"Besides, my associates have a point. You broke the rules first, after all, so most of us would actually be justified in retaliating without danmaku if it came to it."
>"I personally hope it doesn't come to that, so why don't you just tell us what you do know about this alleged attack and the party responsible and see if anyone here knows anything about them from your description and can point you in the right direction."

>Does everyone that doesn't seem to be associated with the violinist and mermaid collectively outnumber those that seem to be?

//Since I was ninja'd:
>Start spreading underground/underwater so we can wrap around everyone if they don't want to play danmaku
>Change underground to "dispersed into the air", since we're partially spread through it already.
>Stop when/if it feels like it might compromise our ability to maintain this body.

>Have the dark spores duplicate then spread through the fairy
->Have the duplicates head to the violinist
>Make sure the spore blobs are small/dispersed in the air enough not to be easily seen and approach the violinist from behind.
>Have a few enter the violin itself, merge into a larger one, and hide in the ambient darkness inside the instrument.

>Send a small blob that looks like a spirit out, "I'd prefer danmaku."
>Don't do this.

//I don't want to give them a target to shoot at unless they actually decide to indulge in danmaku. Still hoping for peaceful negotiation.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 12:49:35 AM
>Start spreading underground/underwater so we can wrap around everyone if they don't want to play danmaku

>Have the dark spores duplicate then spread through the fairy
->Have the duplicates head to the violinist

>Is the moon out and casting shadows

>Send a small blob that looks like a spirit out, "I'd prefer danmaku."
Shadow Realm:
>Shrug.
>"Not sure, but still would have interesting implications if conceptually darkening something actually works."

Prime:
>"Honestly considering how late it is, I'm all for a peaceful resolution if one is possible. Besides, not every fairy faction is that barbaric from what I understand. I, for one, would be perfectly willing to abide by danmaku rules if it came down to it, but that would hinge on whether or not my opponents are honorable enough to do the same."
>"Besides, my associates have a point. You broke the rules first, after all, so most of us would actually be justified in retaliating without danmaku if it came to it."
>"I personally hope it doesn't come to that, so why don't you just tell us what you do know about this alleged attack and the party responsible and see if anyone here knows anything about them from your description and can point you in the right direction."

>Does everyone that doesn't seem to be associated with the violinist and mermaid collectively outnumber those that seem to be?

//Since I was ninja'd:>Change underground to "dispersed into the air", since we're partially spread through it already.
>Stop when/if it feels like it might compromise our ability to maintain this body.
>Make sure the spore blobs are small/dispersed in the air enough not to be easily seen and approach the violinist from behind.
>Have a few enter the violin itself, merge into a larger one, and hide in the ambient darkness inside the instrument.
>Don't do this.

//I don't want to give them a target to shoot at unless they actually decide to indulge in danmaku. Still hoping for peaceful negotiation.
> You begin spreading darkness further to move through.
> And send more through the fairy you were heading to before, as well as towards the violinist in the air outside of view, and into the violin itself.

> Yes, the moon is out.
> There is a massive amount of people against the violinist and mermaid if that mysterious voice is also with them. That'd only mean a party of 3, versus the entirety of the lake fairies, the few fairy maids with Meiling, and your group.

> "Breaking the rules? All we've been doing is playing some music and singing." The violinist seems agitated. "If people are attracted to it, is that our fault?"
> "Someone's been taking all the fish from the lake too. It's much more than any fishermen have done, and-"
> "Now now Waksagihime, a more serious matter than that has come up." The violinist interrupts the mermaid. "This voice speaking of honor and playing by the rules has been nothing but a distraction, while some filthy sneak took the opportunity given." She starts to address the rest of the groups here. "Negotiations are over. Blame whoever thought trying to invade a phantom's possession would be funny. One of these factions is barbaric enough to break through personal space like this. Sisters, it's time to start."
> "Someone's been in me too, but-"
> "How long will we play for? What do we have them do?" A new voice questions, as a girl in red with a strange floating object materializes next to the violinist. She appears to be playing it, though you don't hear anything from it. They once again, interrupt the mermaid.
> "Let's have them fight each other, even through exhaustion." Another girl, this time in white, and with a trumpet near her, appears near the other two. "Dibs on deciding what we do with the maniac fairy with the torch."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 01:09:14 AM
>Pull the instruments into the Shadow Realm

>Pull Meiling, the mermaid, and all the fairies that don't belong with musicians except Clownpiece into our realm

>"You wander in my domain, my flesh and you threaten those under my protection.  Nay, but I will have tribute for your passage and this gross insult!"

>Eat the fairies shadows except for Clownpiece and steal the phantoms' shadows if they have them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 01:15:19 AM
>Pull the instruments into the Shadow Realm

>Pull Meiling, the mermaid, and all the fairies that don't belong with musicians except Clownpiece into our realm
//I'd like you to be more specific with this action please. There are ways this can be misinterpreted, with it being under two actions instead of one and with Rumia only having one darkness realm.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 01:25:04 AM
//I was referring to the Shadow Realm in both

//I do want to wait for Naz's input before we go hostile fey Lord
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 01:52:00 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Can we create darkness solid enough to prevent sound from passing through in one direction? I may need to bring some idiots that can influence your mind with music here if the current situation I'm in escalates. If it comes to it, then you do not have to be present if you don't want to."
>If shadow answers yes to the soundproofing question, create a hollow sphere with such properties (allowing sound to pass from out to in but not the other way) capable of holding three stooges if it came to it.
>If not: "Fine then. I'll/We'll have to deal with them without protection... "
>Prepare a table with enough chairs for each of the stooges and their associates, as well as a throne at one end of the table for ourselves, and another next to it for Shadow if she wishes to remain here.
>Create a pool of darkness water for the mermaid. We like her and want her to remain comfortable for her potential visit.
>"...we really should buy a tea set for this place."

Prime:
>"Well excuse me for being cautious against a potential threat that lured us here with music and blatantly stated that they would be willing to violate the spellcard rules. This is your last chance to settle things, either peacefully or through the spellcard rules, otherwise I will have no choice but to put you and your associates into timeout for a bit so that everyone else can go back to sleep. Consider yourselves lucky that I'm giving you this chance despite the fact that you threatened my fairy, and so I heavily advise you take it."

>Send spores into the dark spaces of the other instruments as well, if we can (staying out of the trio's line of sight when we infiltrate.)

>Direct some of our dispersed darkness into air around the trio and their associates such that we can increase our density, engulf them, and send them to the Shadow Realm at a moment's notice.

>If our threat is ignored AND if without the below actions being here the parser won't give us a chance to react before they start playing the instruments:
>>Send the aforementioned individuals and their associates to the Shadow Realm if they ignore our threat and decide not to engage in danmaku/reopen negotiations and start playing.
>>Have the darkness in the violin solidify and fill the chamber within in order to disable the instrument without breaking it. Cut the strings with a sharpened tendril if this fails and we don't think we can send them to the realm before being affected by the music.
>>Have the darkness in the other instruments solidify as well to block air passage through the trumpet and to paralyze whatever moving parts the other thing has. Don't do anything to damage these instruments if that fails, though.
>>Drop the mermaid into the 'water' we prepared for her. Have everyone else land near a chair. Drop the stooges in the soundproof orb if we were able to create it.

>Pull the instruments into the Shadow Realm

>Pull Meiling, the mermaid, and all the fairies that don't belong with musicians except Clownpiece into our realm

>"You wander in my domain, my flesh and you threaten those under my protection.  Nay, but I will have tribute for your passage and this gross insult!"

>Eat the fairies shadows except for Clownpiece and steal the phantoms' shadows if they have them.
>Please do not do this.

//I mean, I do intend to send them to the shadow realm if they continue to escalate but this seems way more extreme than what I think is appropriate.
//We can discuss what to do with their shadows if and when we actually send them in there, AND things break down further.
//Also Meiling has nothing to do with this, so she shouldn't be brought in.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 01:54:00 AM
//No, I was sending to the Shadow Realm those I didn't want to hurt.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 01:58:53 AM
//That would cause more chaos in the shadow realm than just sending the troublemakers to timeout. Not to mention that it would make a bunch of people unnecessarily unhappy with us.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 02:00:25 AM
//I'm a little weary that we might not be able to pull poltergeist into us or they could possess us.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 02:11:49 AM
//I mean we're not an inanimate object.
//Plus we have no way of knowing in character if it's a bad idea or not either.

//Also if, for whatever reason, they pass through us, their physical instruments certainly won't, so we'll be getting the instruments out of the picture either way.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 02:14:23 AM
>Naz

//I do wish we got to taste fairy shadow.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 02:50:01 AM
>Pull the instruments into the Shadow Realm

>Pull Meiling, the mermaid, and all the fairies that don't belong with musicians except Clownpiece into our realm

>"You wander in my domain, my flesh and you threaten those under my protection.  Nay, but I will have tribute for your passage and this gross insult!"

>Eat the fairies shadows except for Clownpiece and steal the phantoms' shadows if they have them.
Shadow Realm:
>"Can we create darkness solid enough to prevent sound from passing through in one direction? I may need to bring some idiots that can influence your mind with music here if the current situation I'm in escalates. If it comes to it, then you do not have to be present if you don't want to."
>If shadow answers yes to the soundproofing question, create a hollow sphere with such properties (allowing sound to pass from out to in but not the other way) capable of holding three stooges if it came to it.
>If not: "Fine then. I'll/We'll have to deal with them without protection... "
>Prepare a table with enough chairs for each of the stooges and their associates, as well as a throne at one end of the table for ourselves, and another next to it for Shadow if she wishes to remain here.
>Create a pool of darkness water for the mermaid. We like her and want her to remain comfortable for her potential visit.
>"...we really should buy a tea set for this place."

Prime:
>"Well excuse me for being cautious against a potential threat that lured us here with music and blatantly stated that they would be willing to violate the spellcard rules. This is your last chance to settle things, either peacefully or through the spellcard rules, otherwise I will have no choice but to put you and your associates into timeout for a bit so that everyone else can go back to sleep. Consider yourselves lucky that I'm giving you this chance despite the fact that you threatened my fairy, and so I heavily advise you take it."

>Send spores into the dark spaces of the other instruments as well, if we can (staying out of the trio's line of sight when we infiltrate.)

>Direct some of our dispersed darkness into air around the trio and their associates such that we can increase our density, engulf them, and send them to the Shadow Realm at a moment's notice.

>If our threat is ignored AND if without the below actions being here the parser won't give us a chance to react before they start playing the instruments:
>>Send the aforementioned individuals and their associates to the Shadow Realm if they ignore our threat and decide not to engage in danmaku/reopen negotiations and start playing.
>>Have the darkness in the violin solidify and fill the chamber within in order to disable the instrument without breaking it. Cut the strings with a sharpened tendril if this fails and we don't think we can send them to the realm before being affected by the music.
>>Have the darkness in the other instruments solidify as well to block air passage through the trumpet and to paralyze whatever moving parts the other thing has. Don't do anything to damage these instruments if that fails, though.
>>Drop the mermaid into the 'water' we prepared for her. Have everyone else land near a chair. Drop the stooges in the soundproof orb if we were able to create it.
>Please do not do this.

//I mean, I do intend to send them to the shadow realm if they continue to escalate but this seems way more extreme than what I think is appropriate.
//We can discuss what to do with their shadows if and when we actually send them in there, AND things break down further.
//Also Meiling has nothing to do with this, so she shouldn't be brought in.
>Naz

//I do wish we got to taste fairy shadow.
> "We can prevent light from passing through our darkness. So sound shouldn't be impossible... right?" Shadow thinks hopefully.
> You try to create an orb with the properties of letting light in, but not out, except with sound instead of light. That's... the best way you can think of it. It's not like you study these...
> You also make some furniture for the "guests"

> The red one has already been playing her instrument since she's appeared. It's just the white one who's instrument isn't doing anything.
> You spread your darkness more, with them seemingly unaware. Though the other two are visibly taken aback when you get darkness into their instruments.
> "Ew, that's what you felt?" The one in red questions, looking towards the one in black.
> "If this ends up being the work of a human that isn't from the village, can we kill them?" the one in white requests.
> "I don't think we'll take your offer. Try your worst." The violinist replies.
> With the music starting to get louder, you start sending people (and the instruments) into your shadow realm, as well as using your darkness to jam and stop the instruments.

> The trio look around in surprise at their sudden new location. You believe the red one says something, but you don't hear anything.
> The mermaid falls into the water harmlessly, though something emerges from her chest in a hurry, scrambling to get atop her head.
> "Why did you jump? Wait, where are we?" The something, which appears to be an adorably tiny person, questions. "Did that voice we were hearing do this?"
> "I-I didn't jump. And I don't... know." The mermaid looks around.

> "A bit of a letdown... We didn't even get to do anything." Hecatia complains. "If that was Rumia, hopefully she gets back at them for threatening Clownpiece."
> "That doesn't seem to be all of them." Junko speaks.

> In the absence of the trio with instruments, a new trio - again with different instruments, appears, slightly above where they were, but slightly further away from the lake compared to the previous.
> "Looks like Lyrica stopped playing." One speaks, with a sort of guitar chained to her wrist. "We're not hidden."
> "That's obvious. More importantly, we have another cocky group following fairies to deal with." The second speaks, strings along her skirt as if they were a part of it. "They even took the princesses...
> "No, what's most important is that they seem to have no respect for music, nor instruments." The third, a women with a set of drums and sitting on one, frowns. "It's intolerable to let them go. I'm not waiting for the Miracle Mallet."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 03:02:26 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"I did say I'd prefer a danmaku duel and this was plan B, A was much worse."
>"Oh, wait no, this is Plan C.  Plan A was danmaku."

>"Anyway this is the Shadow Realm."
>"Oh, uh would like a chair or something miss?"

Prime:
>"I'm more of nature's music or lute kind of gal."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 03:19:06 AM
Prime:
>Are we in range to grab the new trio/get close enough to send them (and their instruments) to the shadow realm in the same manner at a moment's notice?
>If so, grab them too and send them (and their instruments) to the soundproof ball.
>If not move into position as we speak. Do not speak from the part that's moving.

>"Don't worry, none of the people who were just sent to time-out will be harmed. I'll bring them back once everything calms down and we've talked things over. The rest of you can go back to your business."
>Have the dispersed parts of us near Junko, Hecatia, and Clownpiece whisper: "Would you like to sit in on the negotiations, my companions, or would you prefer to go back to sleep? Also even though I say they won't be harmed, I'm still not letting the one that threatened Clownpiece get away unpunished."
>>If we can't yoink the new trio (and their instruments) immediately, "Also for the record I have nothing against music or instruments. I was merely responding to a threat against a friend."

Shadow Realm:
>Have our darkness in the mermaid's ear disperse into near invisible mist and come back to us.
>"Sorry about the rough landing, Miss Mermaid. I tried to make it comfortable for you."
>"Anyway, I brought these three and their associates here so we can talk things out peacefully and to prevent this little misunderstanding from escalating any further. None of you will be harmed while you're here, and you will be returned to Gensokyo at the end of this, though I will be putting barriers around you if you start getting violent."
>Turn to the stooges:
>"Apologies about the barrier, but it did seem like you were going to weaponize your instruments so I had to take precautions. I'll let you out if you promise to keep things civil. Also it's soundproofed one-way so a simple nod will suffice."
>"Also those other three who I assume are with you will be here shortly."
>Extend the table and prepare three new chairs.
>"I hope the accommodations are appropriate too, I'd serve some tea but I unfortunately don't own a tea set..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 03:40:10 AM
>Hold everything.
>Retroactively make it so that we brought the trio's instrument's with them. Since the last parse literally just happened and it's very weird that we didn't do so as part of bringing the trio in.
>Allow time to edit our current queued actions if this is applicable and allowable.

//Phil can you back me up on this? because for all intents and purposes the action shouldn't have separated them with the way it played out.

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 03:47:08 AM
//Yeah, I thought we were taking the instruments
//The soundproof dome is not useful without them

Edit

//Oh, I see the misunderstanding.  We said send the individuals and didn't include their instruments.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 03:52:56 AM
//Oh, I see the misunderstanding.  We said send the individuals and didn't include their instruments.
//Even if we didn't specify it's 1. A logical assumption to take the instruments with them and 2. the instruments were in close enough proximity to them that we should've engulfed them anyway.

//Also Phil brings up a good point of the fact that I wouldn't have made a soundproof dome if I wasn't intending to bring the instruments too.

//Also Neo, if the answer is a definite no and there's absolutely no convincing either of us can do to have you allow the retcon just this once, then I will need time to edit my post because it was written on the assumption that the instruments came with them.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 03:54:22 AM
//Neo already changed it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 03:55:19 AM
>Hold everything.
>Retroactively make it so that we brought the trio's instrument's with them. Since the last parse literally just happened and it's very weird that we didn't do so as part of bringing the trio in.
>Allow time to edit our current queued actions if this is applicable and allowable.

//Phil can you back me up on this? because for all intents and purposes the action shouldn't have separated them.
//Edited to include such despite the actions never specifying bringing the instruments, as well as the insistence on making sure they could be contained "at a moment's notice".
//Actually include such in your posts next time instead of hoping it can be rewritten in your favor after the fact.
//I shouldn't have done this since I questioned someone else with this scenario about if they were to parse it, "obviously not. Call me a bananna. but they didn't specify", but I'll let this one go. For better or for worse compared to the alternative.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 03:57:52 AM
//Thank you.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 04:30:59 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"I did say I'd prefer a danmaku duel and this was plan B, A was much worse."
>"Oh, wait no, this is Plan C.  Plan A was danmaku."

>"Anyway this is the Shadow Realm."
>"Oh, uh would like a chair or something miss?"

Prime:
>"I'm more of nature's music or lute kind of gal."
Prime:
>Are we in range to grab the new trio/get close enough to send them (and their instruments) to the shadow realm in the same manner at a moment's notice?
>If so, grab them too and send them (and their instruments) to the soundproof ball.
>If not move into position as we speak. Do not speak from the part that's moving.

>"Don't worry, none of the people who were just sent to time-out will be harmed. I'll bring them back once everything calms down and we've talked things over. The rest of you can go back to your business."
>Have the dispersed parts of us near Junko, Hecatia, and Clownpiece whisper: "Would you like to sit in on the negotiations, my companions, or would you prefer to go back to sleep? Also even though I say they won't be harmed, I'm still not letting the one that threatened Clownpiece get away unpunished."
>>If we can't yoink the new trio (and their instruments) immediately, "Also for the record I have nothing against music or instruments. I was merely responding to a threat against a friend."

Shadow Realm:
>Have our darkness in the mermaid's ear disperse into near invisible mist and come back to us.
>"Sorry about the rough landing, Miss Mermaid. I tried to make it comfortable for you."
>"Anyway, I brought these three and their associates here so we can talk things out peacefully and to prevent this little misunderstanding from escalating any further. None of you will be harmed while you're here, and you will be returned to Gensokyo at the end of this, though I will be putting barriers around you if you start getting violent."
>Turn to the stooges:
>"Apologies about the barrier, but it did seem like you were going to weaponize your instruments so I had to take precautions. I'll let you out if you promise to keep things civil. Also it's soundproofed one-way so a simple nod will suffice."
>"Also those other three who I assume are with you will be here shortly."
>Extend the table and prepare three new chairs.
>"I hope the accommodations are appropriate too, I'd serve some tea but I unfortunately don't own a tea set..."
> You are in range. Thus, you send the new trio and their instruments into your shadow realm as well.
> "We should be there for backup." Junko speaks. "That melancholic feeling they made us feel is easy to purify."
> Clownpiece and Hecatia nod.

> The black clothed one speaks something, looking around, while the other two seem to be causing a commotion, or trying to.
> The new arrivals are quiet, also looking around, aside from the one with the drums. She's visibly shaking a bit.
> The violinist starts to float up, before... passing through your barrier with ease.
> "...Idiots. We're phantoms. Remember? This isn't a seal or anything."
> The red and white duo look at eachother, before doing the same.
> "But they aren't..." The one in white looks back at the orb still containing the new three.
> "Not like we needed to move. Raiko's here." The violinist speaks, sitting down where she is. "And she looks like she's ready to deal with all of this."
> "You should've left our instruments alone." The one in red speaks, tapping her instrument as if to try and fix it.
> The previously shaking drum woman now has a pair of drumsticks in her hands.
> The mermaid does not appear to have any words to contribute...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 04:49:42 AM
Prime:
>To our companions: "Alright. Be warned that the one with the drum is about to try something. She's inside a soundproof barrier, but there's no telling if she has an ability that can bypass it."
>Send Clownpiece, Junko, and Hecatia to the shadow realm if they're fine with that. Deposit them near our end of the table. Make thrones for them as well, have the one intended for Clownpiece be the biggest one there. Make Hecatia's bigger than ours as well.

Shadow Realm:
>("...Could we have made that impervious to phantoms? If not then that's definitely something to research later.")
>"Look, I'm sorry about infiltrating and jamming up your instruments, but you were threatening us with non-spellcard combat and I needed to take appropriate precautions... I intend to release my hold on them, provided everyone intends to keep things civil."
>>If we didn't have to cut the violin's strings: "Besides, it's not like I actually damaged them. I may have been trying to stop you but I'm not the kind of jerk that would just intentionally break a musician's instrument. All I want is a peaceful conversation..."
>>If we did have to resort to that: "Besides, I tried not to damage them as much as possible. Even going for the part that can be most easily repaired on the violin. I may have been trying to stop you, but I'm not the kind of person who would just permanently break a musician's instrument... All I want is a peaceful conversation..."

>Wait to see if Phil has anything to add/change.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 05:39:15 AM
>Where are and what are the fairies associated with the musicians doing?

Prime:
>"How much was the music affecting everyone?"

Shadow Realm:
>Every hostile that isn't a poltergeist, cover their eyes with darkness
>"And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 05:43:36 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Every hostile that isn't a poltergeist, cover their eyes with darkness
>"And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great"
>Don't do this. (Sorry that I keep making these kinds of posts btw...)

//Trying not to be too aggressive here. Plus I think blinding everyone won't give much points in our favor...
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 05:48:14 AM
Prime:
>Look to Meiling and the other fairies
->"How are you guys doing?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 06:14:34 AM
Prime:
>To our companions: "Alright. Be warned that the one with the drum is about to try something. She's inside a soundproof barrier, but there's no telling if she has an ability that can bypass it."
>Send Clownpiece, Junko, and Hecatia to the shadow realm if they're fine with that. Deposit them near our end of the table. Make thrones for them as well, have the one intended for Clownpiece be the biggest one there. Make Hecatia's bigger than ours as well.

Shadow Realm:
>("...Could we have made that impervious to phantoms? If not then that's definitely something to research later.")
>"Look, I'm sorry about infiltrating and jamming up your instruments, but you were threatening us with non-spellcard combat and I needed to take appropriate precautions... I intend to release my hold on them, provided everyone intends to keep things civil."
>>If we didn't have to cut the violin's strings: "Besides, it's not like I actually damaged them. I may have been trying to stop you but I'm not the kind of jerk that would just intentionally break a musician's instrument. All I want is a peaceful conversation..."
>>If we did have to resort to that: "Besides, I tried not to damage them as much as possible. Even going for the part that can be most easily repaired on the violin. I may have been trying to stop you, but I'm not the kind of person who would just permanently break a musician's instrument... All I want is a peaceful conversation..."

>Wait to see if Phil has anything to add/change.
>Where are and what are the fairies associated with the musicians doing?

Prime:
>"How much was the music affecting everyone?"

Shadow Realm:
>Every hostile that isn't a poltergeist, cover their eyes with darkness
>"And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great"
>Don't do this. (Sorry that I keep making these kinds of posts btw...)

//Trying not to be too aggressive here. Plus I think blinding everyone won't give much points in our favor...
Prime:
>Look to Meiling and the other fairies
->"How are you guys doing?"
> "Oh we're fine now. Don't worry about us." Junko says.
> "A little weirded by what just happened... But fine." Meiling speaks.
> You bring your trio to your shadow realm, putting them on your side of the table with furniture to match.
> The fairies are sitting at the chairs in confusion, though not getting up. Maybe out of fear?

> ("I don't think we could. Species blocking isn't our thing. Maybe, though? We'd need to learn a lot about ghosts and phantoms if so.")
> You didn't have to cut the strings. So you speak appropriately.
> "Someone started this with an attack on the lake, however small that was. You escalated it with intruding our instruments, and now bringing us here." The violinist speaks. "If this is how high you can take it, that's unfortunate. Our group still has more we can do."
> The drum girl is tapping her drumstick against one of the drums lightly, nodding her head slightly in rhythm, while looking around. You hear nothing coming from within the orb.
> The two musicians alongside her are nodding as well.
> The mermaid and the tiny person are nodding their head at the same rate.
> As are Clownpiece, Hecatia, Junko, and yourself.
> Even all of the fairies are doing such in sync. Everyone within your shadow realm is now... It's a bit ominous with this silence.
> "Well uh, this is strange..." Junko speaks.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 06:36:57 AM
>Are the fish head bobbing
->If so say, "Look, the fish are dancing!"

>Send a tendril of darkness along the ground and look for the drummer's shadow.

>"What are your wishes commander?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 06:42:56 AM
Prime:
>"Yeah, sorry if it seemed creepy, but I needed to send them somewhere where they would have no choice but to sit down and talk. Really hope things didn't have to come to that, though. But to be fair I did warn them..."
>"So... For those of you still sticking around, does anyone have any ideas about who allegedly attacked the lake and started this little misunderstanding?"

Shadow Realm:
>"I only escalated because you did, and because you were threatening not only us, but everyone you called together, and to be fair I did warn you before I brought you here."
>"And no, this isn't all I can do. It's just that I'd rather not hurt anybody here unnecessarily."
>"Also neat rhythm power. Shame I don't trust that any music you guys play won't influence our minds right now or I'd let the others play along. Maybe get the mermaid's beautiful voice in on it too..."
>"Anyway, we're going to get nowhere if we keep fighting. Wouldn't it be nice just to calm down, have a nice talk, and perhaps reach a mutual understanding?"

>Let's not ask Clownpiece for direction yet, unless she spontaneously decides she wants to order us around. We seem to be handling things well so far.
>Why send a tendril from ourselves when we can just manifest one from the floor directly? This is our realm after all. Do that instead.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 07:17:52 AM
>Are the fish head bobbing
->If so say, "Look, the fish are dancing!"

>Send a tendril of darkness along the ground and look for the drummer's shadow.

>"What are your wishes commander?"
Prime:
>"Yeah, sorry if it seemed creepy, but I needed to send them somewhere where they would have no choice but to sit down and talk. Really hope things didn't have to come to that, though. But to be fair I did warn them..."
>"So... For those of you still sticking around, does anyone have any ideas about who allegedly attacked the lake and started this little misunderstanding?"

Shadow Realm:
>"I only escalated because you did, and because you were threatening not only us, but everyone you called together, and to be fair I did warn you before I brought you here."
>"And no, this isn't all I can do. It's just that I'd rather not hurt anybody here unnecessarily."
>"Also neat rhythm power. Shame I don't trust that any music you guys play won't influence our minds right now or I'd let the others play along. Maybe get the mermaid's beautiful voice in on it too..."
>"Anyway, we're going to get nowhere if we keep fighting. Wouldn't it be nice just to calm down, have a nice talk, and perhaps reach a mutual understanding?"

>Let's not ask Clownpiece for direction yet, unless she spontaneously decides she wants to order us around. We seem to be handling things well so far.
>Why send a tendril from ourselves when we can just manifest one from the floor directly? This is our realm after all. Do that instead.
> "None of us did..." Meiling looks between her fairies.
> "We were trying to get sleep." One of the fairies with her adds.
> The fish are indeed bobbing their heads.

> You seek out the drummer's shadow, finding it
> "If you're saying fish, then-"
> The drumming girl stops. Or rather, slows down, to a taps every few seconds.
> No one moves aside from her.
> ...
> Few is an understatement. the time between the taps is painfully long. But still consistent...
> "Nothing really happened around here, actually." Meiling says. "At least near the mansion. Or where it used to be."
> Well, you think you can move? Just, only when there's a tap.
> With her other hand, the drummer starts tapping at a different speed on another drum, gesturing with her head towards the mermaid and the tiny person.
> Only the latter moves, looking around.
> "A-Ah. You want my help?"
> You're not sure this is fair... The pauses are insanely long. And the taps are insanely brief.
> Then again, in this situation and place, you should've been the one with the huge lead over them. Maybe it comes down to who strikes first. Still, this is your realm. You should be capable of something.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 07:27:35 AM
>Form a solid shadow over the stick when can we move so the drummer cannot pull it back
->Then wrap the drummer's hand in place so she cannot move it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 07:41:34 AM
>Are our bodies outside the realm being affected?

Prime:
>"Where it used to be...?"

Shadow Realm:
>At the next tap form a rigid disk of darkness between the drumstick with the faster rhythm and its drum.
>>If we can manage it, form ones over the other drums as well except for the one that is linked to everyone's movement.
>>If there are cymbals form spheres around them.
>"Can't we all just get along? I really don't want to start hurting people."
>To mermaid: "Also yeah, I'm trying to see if I can start a breeding population in here... Since if I keep having to take from the lake I'm sure someone will get upset eventually... If you have any pointers I'd love to hear them after this is over. Also sorry if my fishing scared or worried you at all in either of the two times I've done it..."

//Hmm... not sure if your method or mine is better, Phil. I'm trying to force it so that the drum tied to us is the only one she can hit, and I'm not sure if immobilizing her would leave everyone paralyzed or not.

//What do you think?

>Wait for Phil's response since it may lead to an edit to prevent deadlock/nonaction in a critical moment like this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 07:46:41 AM
>Naz

//If I'm wrong we paralyze ourself
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 09:12:29 AM
>Form a solid shadow over the stick when can we move so the drummer cannot pull it back
->Then wrap the drummer's hand in place so she cannot move it
>Are our bodies outside the realm being affected?

Prime:
>"Where it used to be...?"

Shadow Realm:
>At the next tap form a rigid disk of darkness between the drumstick with the faster rhythm and its drum.
>>If we can manage it, form ones over the other drums as well except for the one that is linked to everyone's movement.
>>If there are cymbals form spheres around them.
>"Can't we all just get along? I really don't want to start hurting people."
>To mermaid: "Also yeah, I'm trying to see if I can start a breeding population in here... Since if I keep having to take from the lake I'm sure someone will get upset eventually... If you have any pointers I'd love to hear them after this is over. Also sorry if my fishing scared or worried you at all in either of the two times I've done it..."

//Hmm... not sure if your method or mine is better, Phil. I'm trying to force it so that the drum tied to us is the only one she can hit, and I'm not sure if immobilizing her would leave everyone paralyzed or not.

//What do you think?

>Wait for Phil's response since it may lead to an edit to prevent deadlock/nonaction in a critical moment like this.
> Your bodies outside are being affected.

> You question on the next taps.
> "Yeah. The mansion is gone right now."

> You form darkness over the drums and the sticks, stopping her from hitting them.
> The next tap doesn't come. But its absence seems to free you and everyone up again.
> "So you were the one that started all of this." The mermaid speaks. You shouldn't take so many of the fish. They already have to deal with fishermen and other fish. Now you're interrupting their lives, too."
> She doesn't seem angry, though is still upset.
> The drummer shakes her head, holding her hands still.
> Despite not touching them and them being blocked off, the drums start to tap on their own. Though you don't feel anything from it yet...
> Actually, something feels off about your shadow realm. Or maybe just the darkness.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 09:39:20 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Eject just the drums near Contingency
>Pull the drummer's shadow off of them

>Eject the phantoms' instruments near Contingency
->Steal the phantoms' shadows

>"Now please stop.  If I lose concentration that could be permanent."

>Let out a sigh
->"She was right, again.  Where would be a good place to get more fish for my breeding project. Oh, how many need to be returned?"

Contingency:
>Cover the drums in shadow
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 10:09:12 AM
Prime:
>"Yikes. What happened?"

Shadow Realm:

>("Shadow, any ideas of what's happening to the realm? Do you think drummer girl is attempting to take control of it?")
>("Think you can assist in subduing that one harmlessly and nonlethally if it came down to it?")

>"Am I? Because unless simple fishing somehow counts as attacking the lake, then I doubt I'm who you guys are looking for. Especially since I never attacked anybody either time I was there. Really I was only there for fish... When exactly did this alleged attack happen anyway?"
>"Also I'm well aware that taking too many would be bad for the lake's ecosystem and those that depend on it in the long run, which is why I tried to eat only the ones that were least likely to survive -- either due to age or disease -- and is also part of why I was hoping to start a population in here, so that I could leave the lake's population alone."
>"Of course, I'm open to the ideas of alternative, sustainable forms of meat as well if you'd rather I didn't keep some fish here. Though if you're going to suggest insects, I'll have to decline. Already tried with those and it's not nearly as nourishing as something with actual flesh..."

----------------------------

Shadow Realm:
>Eject just the drums near Contingency
>Pull the drummer's shadow off of them

>Eject the phantoms' instruments near Contingency
->Steal the phantoms' shadows
>Please do not do this.
//Dude we're trying not to cripple or kill people. Also stealing the instruments will just piss them off even more. (Also on an OOC note, stealing the drums would probably hurt Raiko since she's a tsukumogami, or give her a way out of the realm entirely.)

>"Now please stop.  If I lose concentration that could be permanent."

>Let out a sigh
->"She was right, again.  Where would be a good place to get more fish for my breeding project. Oh, how many need to be returned?"
>Proposed change of the first line to this:
>>Glance at the drummer.
>>"Also I'd advise against tampering with my realm... Do something wrong and you may cause something bad for all of us... Look, all I ask is just to have a simple conversation and a peaceful resolution to this whole misunderstanding. I'd rather not have to resort to drastic measures, and I think some of your associates would prefer a nonviolent resolution as well... Besides, have I ever tried to hurt you since this whole thing started?"

//What do you think of this, Phil? Also again sorry that I keep doing things like this...

>the "sigh + she was right again" is unnecessary, as X's criticisms of our hunting methods was directed at us hunting game, not fish. Besides, it's not like we weren't following her advice before the current urge took over either.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 10:25:56 AM
//The youkai in our Shadow Realm think they are stronger than us and can do what they want.  They are going to keep escalating unless we shut them down hard.  We've also tried repeatedly to talk negotiate.

//I thought we'd weaken not cripple as long as we don't eat the shadows.

//X seemed to be talking about over hunting/fishing

>Steal the shadows like planned if we can reattach them
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 10:33:18 AM
//X seemed to be talking about over hunting/fishing
//No, I distinctly remember her criticizing our sloppy hunting skills prior to relearning we can sustain off ambient darkness.

//Still, the "sigh, she was right" is unnecessary. Plus we're already aware of the dangers of overfishing to begin with anyway, not to mention taking precautions against it. Honestly regardless of whether or not X existed to tell us off for such things, we'd probably still have leaned on "sustainable" with regards to taking fish, as it's the smart thing to do.

>Steal the shadows like planned if we can reattach them
>Only if the act alone is mostly painless and they are still insistent on escalating after all other actions.
>Also if we must resort to this, only take the drummer's as she's the only one actively causing problems right now.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 10:36:55 AM
//@Phil edit to post immediately above.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 10:38:45 AM
//OK, I misunderstood what was being said to us about the fish.

//This works for me.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 02:49:43 PM
Shadow Realm:
>Eject just the drums near Contingency
>Pull the drummer's shadow off of them

>Eject the phantoms' instruments near Contingency
->Steal the phantoms' shadows

>"Now please stop.  If I lose concentration that could be permanent."

>Let out a sigh
->"She was right, again.  Where would be a good place to get more fish for my breeding project. Oh, how many need to be returned?"

Contingency:
>Cover the drums in shadow
Prime:
>"Yikes. What happened?"

Shadow Realm:

>("Shadow, any ideas of what's happening to the realm? Do you think drummer girl is attempting to take control of it?")
>("Think you can assist in subduing that one harmlessly and nonlethally if it came down to it?")

>"Am I? Because unless simple fishing somehow counts as attacking the lake, then I doubt I'm who you guys are looking for. Especially since I never attacked anybody either time I was there. Really I was only there for fish... When exactly did this alleged attack happen anyway?"
>"Also I'm well aware that taking too many would be bad for the lake's ecosystem and those that depend on it in the long run, which is why I tried to eat only the ones that were least likely to survive -- either due to age or disease -- and is also part of why I was hoping to start a population in here, so that I could leave the lake's population alone."
>"Of course, I'm open to the ideas of alternative, sustainable forms of meat as well if you'd rather I didn't keep some fish here. Though if you're going to suggest insects, I'll have to decline. Already tried with those and it's not nearly as nourishing as something with actual flesh..."

----------------------------
>Please do not do this.
//Dude we're trying not to cripple or kill people. Also stealing the instruments will just piss them off even more. (Also on an OOC note, stealing the drums would probably hurt Raiko since she's a tsukumogami, or give her a way out of the realm entirely.)
>Proposed change of the first line to this:
>>Glance at the drummer.
>>"Also I'd advise against tampering with my realm... Do something wrong and you may cause something bad for all of us... Look, all I ask is just to have a simple conversation and a peaceful resolution to this whole misunderstanding. I'd rather not have to resort to drastic measures, and I think some of your associates would prefer a nonviolent resolution as well... Besides, have I ever tried to hurt you since this whole thing started?"

//What do you think of this, Phil? Also again sorry that I keep doing things like this...

>the "sigh + she was right again" is unnecessary, as X's criticisms of our hunting methods was directed at us hunting game, not fish. Besides, it's not like we weren't following her advice before the current urge took over either.
//The youkai in our Shadow Realm think they are stronger than us and can do what they want.  They are going to keep escalating unless we shut them down hard.  We've also tried repeatedly to talk negotiate.

//I thought we'd weaken not cripple as long as we don't eat the shadows.

//X seemed to be talking about over hunting/fishing

>Steal the shadows like planned if we can reattach them
> You cover the drums in shadow. Though it does not stop their tapping.
> ("It might just be the darkness here? The realm is filled with darkness, after all. And i can try to help if its really needed. No ones been hurt yet.")
> True to her consideration, it does just feel like the darkness in here rather than the realm itself. But since it is pretty much darkness, theres hardly a way to tell.

> "Everyone, stop everything you're doing, and let me speak first." The tiny person brings a shiny yellow hammer from seemingly nowhere.
> Your darkness settles to the ground, getting rid of the orb, though also getting rid of the containers you've been making for the fish.
> The drums stop beating.
> Silence... Doesn't feel like anyone can break it...
> "This got really out of hand for a bunch of fish." The small person starts speaking. "I know you feel like her ill intent towards the Prismriver Sisters' instruments, and probably yourself now, Is like an attempted murder, but this all started with some fish. Regardless of who started it or escalated it further, we should stop and go back to neutral grounds. No, we *will*."
> You feel like you can function again.
> The drummer crosses her legs with an annoyed expression.
> "You already started using the Miracle Mallet for this. Might as well let you be the boss this time." She remarks. "For now. This isn't over, though."
> "You're still taking too many. Even the fishermen that don't catch and release only took what they needed." The mermaid complains, before being hit on the head with the small hammer.
> "You're starting something up again." The small person speaks. "No excuses or explanations. We go separate ways, and if one of us messes with the other again, then we can take it seriously."
> The mermaid crosses her arms unhappily.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 15, 2021, 04:34:06 PM
//And the conga line of failure continues... It's almost a meme how much Rumia has been a loser in this quest since being unsealed. tbh I think the only major conflict where we've had a true victory under our own power where we walked away with a net positive result was against Sendai. Every other time we've either failed and/or had to have someone else step in either to save us or to solve the problem themselves.

//You know what. I'm not going to stop any of your actions today, Phil. In fact, for today you can take the reins entirely. Go nuts. It's becoming clear to me that perhaps a more peaceful and friend-making Rumia isn't the way to go with the current trend, and I kinda feel like an ass for constantly countermanding your posts. (I'm sure the parser would appreciate it if I stopped doing that for a bit as well.)

//Who knows, perhaps going "hostile fey lord" as you put it might make things interesting.

//Also I'm a bit worried that our lack of success might be all because of me, so stepping back for a day will let me see whether or not I've been nothing but a negative influence on this quest.

//So yeah, have fun today. I may pop in for some commentary, but don't expect any commands on my end for the next 24 hours.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 05:10:36 PM
//Honestly, I rely on your countermands to keep me in check
//We just keep getting wrong place wrong people
//Nothing Wrong with being nice and friendly.  We should avoid extremes.

Shadow Realm:
>Pinch the bridge our nose in frustration

>Return the mermaid, her companion, and the the musicians and their instruments to their original positions outside the Shadow Realm

>Send the other group's fairies back on the chairs in front of the lake

>"I'm really sorry that happened."
>Return our group to the lake

Prime:
>"I think my sister mentioned a Patchouli.  Does that name ring any bells?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 15, 2021, 09:09:31 PM
//Honestly, I rely on your countermands to keep me in check
//We just keep getting wrong place wrong people
//Nothing Wrong with being nice and friendly.  We should avoid extremes.

Shadow Realm:
>Pinch the bridge our nose in frustration

>Return the mermaid, her companion, and the the musicians and their instruments to their original positions outside the Shadow Realm

>Send the other group's fairies back on the chairs in front of the lake

>"I'm really sorry that happened."
>Return our group to the lake

Prime:
>"I think my sister mentioned a Patchouli.  Does that name ring any bells?"
> You return the groups to where they were before you took them into your shadow realm.
> You give an apology and return your group as well to the lake.
> "I didn't expect a group with fairies would actually stop and comply." The violinist speaks. "I was sure they were going to keep resisting until the end."
> "Make sure they aren't planning any tricks." The girl in red speaks.
> "And what about you guys? You're not planning anything either?" The small person questions.
> "Of course not. We can't even play our instruments right now..."
> "I'm staying my hands tonight." The drummer speaks. "You two better be as well." She looks to the two other instrument girls, who nod quickly.
> "Will she stop taking so many of the fish in the lake?" The mermaid questions.
> "There's already still a lot." The small person gestures to the orb, which returns to the water.
> "What? That's not fair!"
> "They were still alive in there I'm pretty sure. If you have a problem with it, none of us are helping this time."
> The mermaid looks more upset, before she dives back into the water alone.
> "You're right, but you shouldn't tell her like that." The drummer mentions.

> "Yeah. Patchouli is one of the residents of the mansion. She was the only one left when it got swallowed up in darkness. She went out towards the Forest of Magic." Meiling answers.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 16, 2021, 12:06:43 AM
>Pull our dark out of the instruments

>Before the mermaid disappears
->"I shouldn't need anymore in the upcoming centuries as long as my project pans out."

>"The mansion should be safe.  Was Patchouli harmed when you last saw her?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 16, 2021, 01:34:36 AM
in the upcoming centuries
//Aren't you exaggerating a bit?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 16, 2021, 01:42:35 AM
 :meiling:
//And the conga line of failure continues... It's almost a meme how much Rumia has been a loser in this quest since being unsealed. tbh I think the only major conflict where we've had a true victory under our own power where we walked away with a net positive result was against Sendai. Every other time we've either failed and/or had to have someone else step in either to save us or to solve the problem themselves.

//You know what. I'm not going to stop any of your actions today, Phil. In fact, for today you can take the reins entirely. Go nuts. It's becoming clear to me that perhaps a more peaceful and friend-making Rumia isn't the way to go with the current trend, and I kinda feel like an ass for constantly countermanding your posts. (I'm sure the parser would appreciate it if I stopped doing that for a bit as well.)

//Who knows, perhaps going "hostile fey lord" as you put it might make things interesting.

//Also I'm a bit worried that our lack of success might be all because of me, so stepping back for a day will let me see whether or not I've been nothing but a negative influence on this quest.

//So yeah, have fun today. I may pop in for some commentary, but don't expect any commands on my end for the next 24 hours.

// Well now , all corrective improvement is good as well your self-corrective improvement but   impatience ,dejection,disgruntlement ;  you are correcting  yourself too harshly and scrupulously about both " exaggerating in  countermanding other commands and/or actions involving countermanding" ,and both the " seeking and expecting end-results due to usage-convenience-experience-evolution due to majorly Rumia's own powers "  .

The foundation is still willing good-wll and helpfulness back&forth from one to another,so it is about trying to good advicing,balancing,experiencing out without forcing/self-forcing to extremes up or down -> 

("Inspiration" extracted from the quote then full-source quoted from Philosopher's reply   )
" //Honestly, I rely on your countermands to keep me in check
//We just keep getting wrong place wrong people
//Nothing Wrong with being nice and friendly.  We should avoid extremes.keeping in check"
//Honestly, I rely on your countermands to keep me in check
//We just keep getting wrong place wrong people
//Nothing Wrong with being nice and friendly.  We should avoid extremes. " //

Shadow Realm:
>Pinch the bridge our nose in frustration

>Return the mermaid, her companion, and the the musicians and their instruments to their original positions outside the Shadow Realm

>Send the other group's fairies back on the chairs in front of the lake

>"I'm really sorry that happened."
>Return our group to the lake

Prime:
>"I think my sister mentioned a Patchouli.  Does that name ring any bells?"
  :meiling:
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 16, 2021, 02:18:41 AM
//Aren't you exaggerating a bit?
I'm not sure how long we can go if we get the fish hatchery up and running.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 16, 2021, 02:44:40 AM
//Centuries seems like an exaggeration though considering we're starting with a relatively low population.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 16, 2021, 02:57:09 AM
>Pull our dark out of the instruments

>Before the mermaid disappears
->"I shouldn't need anymore in the upcoming centuries as long as my project pans out."

>"The mansion should be safe.  Was Patchouli harmed when you last saw her?"
> You take the darkness out from the instruments and address the mermaid before she gets out of view.

> "She looked like she was on death's door, but something was keeping her alive. I helped out too, then when she was better, she left."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 16, 2021, 04:35:23 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Reconstruct our aquarium
->Check on our fish

>Examine our tree

Prime:
>"What are you doing now or plan to do?"
->Glance from Meiling to the maid fairies
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 16, 2021, 05:40:38 AM
>Pull our dark out of the instruments

>Before the mermaid disappears
->"I shouldn't need anymore in the upcoming centuries as long as my project pans out."

>"The mansion should be safe.  Was Patchouli harmed when you last saw her?"
//Aren't you exaggerating a bit?

Prime

// Returning Neutral and Eventual Positive requires honest and insightful explanation, and so I am both trying for that and avoiding over-explaining //

> To Wakasagihime,before she dives underwater,  : "Be reassured that they are lasting  for a relatively long time and,more importantly,   I am both  willing and able to return what surplus number of healthy fishes  to this very Lake ,as soon as there is a more or less stable surplus ; in fact you have witnessed first-hand  how I favour that most fishes are to be poured in new waters,then preserved to thrive"

> Explain to  "all  musical instruments phantoms and musical instrument youkai girls" : the return to  in Gensokyo proper and unjamming their Important Instruments is,indeed as the small person has said a bit ago, a return to neutral and hopefully positive grounds , as the "Small Person" advocated justly a bit ago ; the stress ,misunderstandings and overblowing is due to " The Recent Best Fairy Contest being mostly manipulated and abused,except for the Fairies and Groups who are actively shielding against  .

> When that part is accepted : politely present ourselves as  " Rumia, the Original and Returning Youkai of Shadows and Twilights"   ...

> ...kindly ask the same  ,  and for the sake of the ditto "returning neutral and positive grounds..."   , to Clownpiece,Hecatia and Junko for both themselves and " Team Clownpiece  " as they are deeming fit...

> ...ditto to  unknown ones to present themselves ,again as they are deeming fit.

// Please Note that for the the next resumed context of actions referenced, since during that one  Rumia's Shadow started to willingly&actively  assisting and aligning with us ,  the actions of "Both (Prime!/Proto!/Original!/Returning!) Rumia and Rumia's Shadow " are referred together to "(we players)Rumia" and only "X Rumia" is differentiated //

> ( Tell Shadow we are resumedly narrating "her Scarlet Mansion Observance&Discoveriy"  as if they were ours  or the sake of  not  creating confusion with a 3rd Rumia and avoiding her own likely forced reveal to a larger group before she herself agrees to a reveal.)

> Recount and perform a fact-checking to Meiling  :  X Rumia ,  a sort-of sister to us  , was also concealed but present in helping Patchouli's Recover from  a Seeming Near Death,then a bit after narrated it to us in ....

>...  this corresponds with both she and us   ,through a scanning of Gensokyo Shadows,  "  managing to sense and pinpoint a feeling of  odd dread in 2 of Gensoukyo's Locations" ;  1 which was closer to us and around the Top of Youkai Mountain, and an harder to  investigate Issue has taken place there   ,and another 1  followed fairly soon... the one at Scarlet Devil Mansion,more distant but also more approachable ,  where we managed observing more closely and where X Rumia  intervened for Patchouli afterwards, ...

>...once we come in observing range outside the Mansion, we Shadow-Noticed  Trouble Starting and Subsiding with a Conflict Issue centered on "Sakuya the head-maid" coming ,  then the Mansion Disappeared and  soon followed  the "  Odd Severe Afflicted Patchouli needing Double Recovery Needed to Be Healthy Again "    ...

// Remembering and piecing together those events,this is severely hinting to a "Non-Rumia " starting a "Greater Shadow Consumption"  on Patchouli ...//

// ...another reason to attempt specialization in   "Lesser Degrees of Shadow Consumption" and "Shadow Recoveryand Boosting" "
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 17, 2021, 12:38:27 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Reconstruct our aquarium
->Check on our fish

>Examine our tree

Prime:
>"What are you doing now or plan to do?"
->Glance from Meiling to the maid fairies
Prime

// Returning Neutral and Eventual Positive requires honest and insightful explanation, and so I am both trying for that and avoiding over-explaining //

> To Wakasagihime,before she dives underwater,  : "Be reassured that they are lasting  for a relatively long time and,more importantly,   I am both  willing and able to return what surplus number of healthy fishes  to this very Lake ,as soon as there is a more or less stable surplus ; in fact you have witnessed first-hand  how I favour that most fishes are to be poured in new waters,then preserved to thrive"

> Explain to  "all  musical instruments phantoms and musical instrument youkai girls" : the return to  in Gensokyo proper and unjamming their Important Instruments is,indeed as the small person has said a bit ago, a return to neutral and hopefully positive grounds , as the "Small Person" advocated justly a bit ago ; the stress ,misunderstandings and overblowing is due to " The Recent Best Fairy Contest being mostly manipulated and abused,except for the Fairies and Groups who are actively shielding against  .

> When that part is accepted : politely present ourselves as  " Rumia, the Original and Returning Youkai of Shadows and Twilights"   ...

> ...kindly ask the same  ,  and for the sake of the ditto "returning neutral and positive grounds..."   , to Clownpiece,Hecatia and Junko for both themselves and " Team Clownpiece  " as they are deeming fit...

> ...ditto to  unknown ones to present themselves ,again as they are deeming fit.

// Please Note that for the the next resumed context of actions referenced, since during that one  Rumia's Shadow started to willingly&actively  assisting and aligning with us ,  the actions of "Both (Prime!/Proto!/Original!/Returning!) Rumia and Rumia's Shadow " are referred together to "(we players)Rumia" and only "X Rumia" is differentiated //

> ( Tell Shadow we are resumedly narrating "her Scarlet Mansion Observance&Discoveriy"  as if they were ours  or the sake of  not  creating confusion with a 3rd Rumia and avoiding her own likely forced reveal to a larger group before she herself agrees to a reveal.)

> Recount and perform a fact-checking to Meiling  :  X Rumia ,  a sort-of sister to us  , was also concealed but present in helping Patchouli's Recover from  a Seeming Near Death,then a bit after narrated it to us in ....

>...  this corresponds with both she and us   ,through a scanning of Gensokyo Shadows,  "  managing to sense and pinpoint a feeling of  odd dread in 2 of Gensoukyo's Locations" ;  1 which was closer to us and around the Top of Youkai Mountain, and an harder to  investigate Issue has taken place there   ,and another 1  followed fairly soon... the one at Scarlet Devil Mansion,more distant but also more approachable ,  where we managed observing more closely and where X Rumia  intervened for Patchouli afterwards, ...

>...once we come in observing range outside the Mansion, we Shadow-Noticed  Trouble Starting and Subsiding with a Conflict Issue centered on "Sakuya the head-maid" coming ,  then the Mansion Disappeared and  soon followed  the "  Odd Severe Afflicted Patchouli needing Double Recovery Needed to Be Healthy Again "    ...

// Remembering and piecing together those events,this is severely hinting to a "Non-Rumia " starting a "Greater Shadow Consumption"  on Patchouli ...//

// ...another reason to attempt specialization in   "Lesser Degrees of Shadow Consumption" and "Shadow Recoveryand Boosting" "
> The mermaid is already gone.

> You fix your aquarium. The fish and the tree seem fine as far as you can tell.
> "This isn't the time for introductions. Your group seems like it was in the middle of sleeping, so you should go back to that." The small person speaks.

> "Oh, there was someone a bit similar to you." Meiling says. "I think they mentioned the mansion's residents being fine. Which is why there isn't much to do but stay put until the mansion's back."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 12:42:07 AM
Prime:
>To Meiling:
>"Oh, that's my sister."

Shadow Realm:
>Is our group still here or did we let them out with the others?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 17, 2021, 12:56:35 AM
Prime:
>"After that, it might be a little bit before anyone can go to sleep."

>Turn to our group, "Does anyone feel like they can sleep?"

Shadow Realm:
>Retrieve the fish shadow we sew to our Marisa
->Try reattaching it back to the fish
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 17, 2021, 01:19:13 AM
Prime:
>To Meiling:
>"Oh, that's my sister."

Shadow Realm:
>Is our group still here or did we let them out with the others?
Prime:
>"After that, it might be a little bit before anyone can go to sleep."

>Turn to our group, "Does anyone feel like they can sleep?"

Shadow Realm:
>Retrieve the fish shadow we sew to our Marisa
->Try reattaching it back to the fish
> You let them out with the others.
> "Oh, so that's what you were talking about."

> "The alternative is staying up all night and ruining our daytime..." Clownpiece speaks. "Or stumbling into something like this again."
> You need to recreate the Marisa darkness structure you made, as you had to for the aquarium.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 17, 2021, 02:26:30 AM
Shadow Realm
>Search the area the Marisa darkness structure was for the fish shadow

Prime:
>Whisper to Clownpiece, "Do you want to see if Meiling and the fairies with her want to join us before heading back to bed?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 03:06:11 AM
>Whisper to Clownpiece, "Do you want to see if Meiling and the fairies with her want to join us before heading back to bed?"
Prime:
>Add on: "Also, what is my punishment, Commander?"

//I feel like one may be owed to us since, if the other group is to be believed, we are allegedly the whole reason everything happened. Plus we never got back at them for threatening Clownpiece, so our group definitely has reason to do so. If anything submitting for potential punishment would be a good way to stay in the group in case our position is now in jeopardy because of this.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 17, 2021, 03:20:21 AM
Shadow Realm
>Search the area the Marisa darkness structure was for the fish shadow

Prime:
>Whisper to Clownpiece, "Do you want to see if Meiling and the fairies with her want to join us before heading back to bed?"
Prime:
>Add on: "Also, what is my punishment, Commander?"

//I feel like one may be owed to us since, if the other group is to be believed, we are allegedly the whole reason everything happened. Plus we never got back at them for threatening Clownpiece, so our group definitely has reason to do so. If anything submitting for potential punishment would be a good way to stay in the group in case our position is now in jeopardy because of this.
> The fish shadow still seems to be present.

> "Oh. We could." Clownpiece answers. "And for what? If anyone needs punishment, it'd be..." She looks around. "Uh... M-...Master. She didn't help any of us like Master's friend did, and I tried my torch, too."
> "Oh, are you brave enough to try and punish your master?" Hecatia questions.
> "...No."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 03:44:40 AM
>"W-Well uh, assuming there was no other group to be blamed for 'attacking the lake' then apparently me just trying to eat is the reason those people started this whole situation in the first place... Also I never really got to properly punish the one that threatened you either... Plus there's the possibility that the others in our group might think I deserve one for those same reasons..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 17, 2021, 04:38:11 AM
>Grab the fish shadow and try and reattach it to the one it came from
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 17, 2021, 05:06:11 AM
>"W-Well uh, assuming there was no other group to be blamed for 'attacking the lake' then apparently me just trying to eat is the reason those people started this whole situation in the first place... Also I never really got to properly punish the one that threatened you either... Plus there's the possibility that the others in our group might think I deserve one for those same reasons..."
>Grab the fish shadow and try and reattach it to the one it came from
> You try to reattach the fish's shadow to the rest of it, seemingly succeeding?

> "Well then... How about I have you learn how to make your own food. So you don't take anything someone's worried about."
> "You're going to teach her?" Junko questions.
> "What? No, I don't know how to."
> "She's a Youkai. They normally eat humans, I believe. Maybe she should go back to that." Hecatia considers.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 05:31:12 AM
Prime:
>"I don't necessarily need to eat humans. Other food -- preferably meat -- works just as well in sufficient quantities. In fact, back when Gensokyo's rules regarding which humans to target were less restrictive, I'd usually accept other forms of food from my prey in return for sparing them. Unless of course they were very rude or were vile enough of a person that they didn't deserve such mercy..."
>"I can sustain myself off of ambient darkness for a time as well, though it eventually gets to the point where it actually feels tiring to do so, which is actually why I needed to go on a fishing trip tonight..."
>Sweatdrop.

Shadow Realm:
>So now that things are settling down, did we ever grab any new fish from the lake for our breeding stock before those people interrupted us with their luring song? Or do we still have the same number as before we went on our fishing trip?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 17, 2021, 05:41:46 AM
Prime:
>"I don't necessarily need to eat humans. Other food -- preferably meat -- works just as well in sufficient quantities. In fact, back when Gensokyo's rules regarding which humans to target were less restrictive, I'd usually accept other forms of food from my prey in return for sparing them. Unless of course they were very rude or were vile enough of a person that they didn't deserve such mercy..."
>"I can sustain myself off of ambient darkness for a time as well, though it eventually gets to the point where it actually feels tiring to do so, which is actually why I needed to go on a fishing trip tonight..."
>Sweatdrop.

Shadow Realm:
>So now that things are settling down, did we ever grab any new fish from the lake for our breeding stock before those people interrupted us with their luring song? Or do we still have the same number as before we went on our fishing trip?
> "What happened to the people that did give you food in return? They don't do that anymore?" Clownpiece asks.
> "If you're tired, just sleep. Gods can rest to preserve energy too."

> Only a few fish... It's disappointing.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 17, 2021, 05:42:08 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Does it feel like our body in the Shadow Realm is taking energy to maintain?

>"Do remember how we through the barrier to the outside world?"

Contingency:
>Sink sixty feet into the Earth
->Take the shape of a diamond and get as small as possible while maintaining body integrity
-->Siphon off any darkness not needed to keep the body stable

>Does Contingency feel like it takes as much energy to maintain
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 05:52:06 AM
Prime:
>What did we ever do with those that gave us food as an alternative to eating them? Did we make repeat visits or did we just leave them alone?
>Are there any that could plausibly still around, or would they all be dead of old age at this point?

>"Do remember how we through the barrier to the outside world?"
>Don't say this.

//It was never implied that we've ever gone through the barrier or attempted to.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 17, 2021, 05:54:41 AM
>Ask Shadow the question if we remember leaving the barrier

//I think it was said early on we forgot how we got to the outside
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 05:58:21 AM
>Ask Shadow the question if we remember leaving the barrier

//I think it was said early on we forgot how we got to the outside
>Try to remember ourselves first, then ask Shadow if we cannot for whatever reason.

//EDIT: Also why do you suddenly have an interest in breaching the barrier? There's no point to it plus all it'll do is potentially annoy Yukari.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 17, 2021, 06:17:14 AM
//We could eat humans on the other side
// And/or steal enough fish for breeding stock
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 06:20:46 AM
//Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
//Plus there's still the issue of annoying Yukari, who I prefer to stay mostly on the good side of considering she could very easily re-seal us if it came to it.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 17, 2021, 06:22:57 AM
//We should ask after if Yukari got mad at us for it
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 17, 2021, 09:43:41 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Does it feel like our body in the Shadow Realm is taking energy to maintain?

>"Do remember how we through the barrier to the outside world?"

Contingency:
>Sink sixty feet into the Earth
->Take the shape of a diamond and get as small as possible while maintaining body integrity
-->Siphon off any darkness not needed to keep the body stable

>Does Contingency feel like it takes as much energy to maintain
Prime:
>What did we ever do with those that gave us food as an alternative to eating them? Did we make repeat visits or did we just leave them alone?
>Are there any that could plausibly still around, or would they all be dead of old age at this point?
>Don't say this.

//It was never implied that we've ever gone through the barrier or attempted to.

>Ask Shadow the question if we remember leaving the barrier

//I think it was said early on we forgot how we got to the outside
> You think you tried to leave them alone.
> There's probably not any still around. But it's not like you can't start again. Unless there's a specific rule against it, or if it's what got you sealed in the first place.

> You recall being able to get to the outside world before. It should still be possible to. If you recall correctly, it was by going through darkness in some way. But whether it's as safe as before for you is another thing. Of course the outside world has changed in your time being sealed. You're sure there were other Youaki who could get in and out of Gensokyo too without breaking the barrier, so you don't think it should just be something you'd need your darkness alone to do.

> It doesn't feel like the shadow realm constructs are using much energy, if any. Not even any of your bodies in there.

> You sink into the ground, trying to minimize your energy usage.
> You're not sure if it's any less or not yet.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 17, 2021, 10:02:43 AM
>Did we ever get any flak from Yukari, shrine maidens, or sages for passing the barrier back then, or was the barrier back then not as "solid"?

Prime:
>"Generally I'd leave the ones who gave me food alone after that. Partly because I was honoring my word, and partly because I never really felt the need to hunt the same human twice. While I could see if any are still around,  I'm pretty sure they're probably all dead of old age or other causes at this point."
>"And it's a different kind of tiredness than general fatigue, even if I'm starting to feel that too, though in that case I think I can manage. I'm used to being active at night anyway."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 18, 2021, 03:33:36 AM
>Did we ever get any flak from Yukari, shrine maidens, or sages for passing the barrier back then, or was the barrier back then not as "solid"?

Prime:
>"Generally I'd leave the ones who gave me food alone after that. Partly because I was honoring my word, and partly because I never really felt the need to hunt the same human twice. While I could see if any are still around,  I'm pretty sure they're probably all dead of old age or other causes at this point."
>"And it's a different kind of tiredness than general fatigue, even if I'm starting to feel that too, though in that case I think I can manage. I'm used to being active at night anyway."
> No. You weren't someone stupid who took a noticeable amount of humans. In fact, you think Yukari isn't innocent of such herself. At least, bringing them to Gensokyo. You're not sure if she actually killed them or anything...

> "You should just do if it you need to eat." Junko advises. "Maybe not the same way if there are problems with it."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 18, 2021, 03:37:39 AM
>By 'it' is Junko referring to sleeping or 'hunting' the same human more than once?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 18, 2021, 03:41:00 AM
>By 'it' is Junko referring to sleeping or 'hunting' the same human more than once?
> You believe she's referring to your hunting.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 18, 2021, 04:14:15 AM
Prime:
>"Honestly, the only real thing keeping me from hunting humans in this day and age is that outsiders don't wander in often. I could probably see if I could get around the barrier and find some unprotected humans directly, though I'd have to be careful to not end up on Yakumo's bad side if I tried that."
>"Besides, as I stated I don't necessarily need to eat them either..."
>Is Meiling still present?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 18, 2021, 04:14:34 AM
>"Shadow, do you remember how we got pass the barrier to the outside world?"

//Thankfully children are scared of the dark
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 18, 2021, 05:19:27 AM
Prime:
>"Honestly, the only real thing keeping me from hunting humans in this day and age is that outsiders don't wander in often. I could probably see if I could get around the barrier and find some unprotected humans directly, though I'd have to be careful to not end up on Yakumo's bad side if I tried that."
>"Besides, as I stated I don't necessarily need to eat them either..."
>Is Meiling still present?
>"Shadow, do you remember how we got pass the barrier to the outside world?"

//Thankfully children are scared of the dark
> Meiling is still present.
> "Does it have to be outsiders?"
> "It should be fine as long as they haven't settled into the Human Village, I think." Meiling interjects. "That village is a safe place for humans that stay in Gensokyo. But if they don't want to follow the village and what's there, then they have to deal with Gensokyo being, well, Gensokyo. Or find a way out. It's not just some town after all, it's the Human Village."
> "Better hope you're not a fairy though." One of the fairies with Meiling speaks. "Apparently, it's totally fine and even encouraged to mess with fairies if you feel like it. Can you believe that?"
> "Is it really?" Clownpiece questions. "I haven't had much humans try to mess with me."
> "Duh. They won't go after strong ones, like the Ice Fairy or the Greater Fairy, or crowds. They go after who they can deal with."

> "It should've been with darkness. Light and other sorts of natural things can pass through that barrier." Your shadow replies.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 18, 2021, 05:40:07 AM
>Form a blob of darkness from the darkness dome around the three fairies' tree and have it go to the barrier

Prime:
>"That's . . .kinda pathetic. Does a sizeable number of humans actually do it or just the ones that are insecure about them?"
>Give a small Smirk
>"Or overcompensating for something?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 18, 2021, 05:55:57 AM
>Form a blob of darkness from the darkness dome around the three fairies' tree and have it go to the barrier
>Commit Contingency to the task instead

//Mostly because I'm not sure how we would be affected if we sent a portion of something tethered to our main body (which is still interacting with other things at the same time) through as opposed to a separate body. Plus that body's not doing anything right now anyway.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 19, 2021, 04:35:06 AM
>Form a blob of darkness from the darkness dome around the three fairies' tree and have it go to the barrier

Prime:
>"That's . . .kinda pathetic. Does a sizeable number of humans actually do it or just the ones that are insecure about them?"
>Give a small Smirk
>"Or overcompensating for something?"
>Commit Contingency to the task instead

//Mostly because I'm not sure how we would be affected if we sent a portion of something tethered to our main body (which is still interacting with other things at the same time) through as opposed to a separate body. Plus that body's not doing anything right now anyway.
> "I don't know. We're in a vampire's mansion, so no way they go after us." One of the fairies answers. "Probably hard to find any trying it with this going on."

> You have your other body head to Gensokyo's barrier.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 20, 2021, 12:50:32 AM
Prime:
>"I may have found a source of food."

Contingency:
>When we get to the barrier take our shadow form and try to pass
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 20, 2021, 01:33:20 AM
Prime:
>"I may have found a source of food."
>Don't say this as we already mentioned that we might be able to get around the barrier and that this isn't a guarantee.

Prime:
>Status of the fairies of light? Still asleep?
>"So, Miss Meiling, what do you and your fairies plan on doing?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 20, 2021, 02:54:45 AM
Prime:
>"I may have found a source of food."

Contingency:
>When we get to the barrier take our shadow form and try to pass
>Don't say this as we already mentioned that we might be able to get around the barrier and that this isn't a guarantee.

Prime:
>Status of the fairies of light? Still asleep?
>"So, Miss Meiling, what do you and your fairies plan on doing?"
> The fairies of light are still asleep.
> "Nothing. Just continue guarding the gate." Meiling speaks.

> When you arrive, you try to pass through the barrier as a shadow, but don't seem to make it anywhere new or outside of Gensokyo...
> This doesn't seem right. Not in that something's wrong with the barrier, but that this might not be how you did it.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 20, 2021, 03:00:30 AM
Prime:
>"Would you and your fairies be interested in joining up with us, or at least forming an alliance between our groups until the incident has blown over or the mansion comes back? Some of the fairy factions are pretty radical in their methods, so wouldn't it be nice for us more reasonable groups to stick together through this? Besides, if we have larger numbers or at least the support of one another we'd have a better chance of beating the other groups."
>Allow the other group members to make their own recruitment pitches if they decide to chime in.

Contingency:
>Try using the underground darkness to bypass it?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 20, 2021, 03:16:40 AM
>What’s left in a place when we eat the darkness from it?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 20, 2021, 08:26:37 AM
Prime:
>"Would you and your fairies be interested in joining up with us, or at least forming an alliance between our groups until the incident has blown over or the mansion comes back? Some of the fairy factions are pretty radical in their methods, so wouldn't it be nice for us more reasonable groups to stick together through this? Besides, if we have larger numbers or at least the support of one another we'd have a better chance of beating the other groups."
>Allow the other group members to make their own recruitment pitches if they decide to chime in.

Contingency:
>Try using the underground darkness to bypass it?
>What’s left in a place when we eat the darkness from it?
> Usually darkness, since it fills the parts you ate.

> "I don't think we can do alliances. We work at the Scarlet Devil Mansion."
> "And needing to leave for someone else would definitely not be okay."
> "We won't be tricked by anything trying to get us to stop guarding the gate. People have tried recently, too!"

> You head into the underground darkness and try to get through past the barrier.
> Still no use... You're definitely doing something wrong here. This should be close to the right methods you did though?
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 20, 2021, 09:11:58 AM
Prime:
>"So loyalty to your employers. Okay, I can totally respect that. However, even if you don't join us, a simple alliance wouldn't mean you'd need to leave the area. It would just mean that our groups would have the mutual support of each other whenever we're nearby, and with the range of my darkness you could perhaps even call on us if needed. Assuming Clownpiece is okay with such an arrangement, would you be at least open to that idea? It would be better to have friends more than enemies, after all, especially considering that some of the fairy factions I know of are much less willing to take no for an answer when they're recruiting..."
>Look to Clownpiece to see what she thinks.

Contingency:
>Head about a mile underground and try again.
>How deep have we ever gone, for that matter, according to what we can remember?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 20, 2021, 10:06:40 AM
Prime:
>"So loyalty to your employers. Okay, I can totally respect that. However, even if you don't join us, a simple alliance wouldn't mean you'd need to leave the area. It would just mean that our groups would have the mutual support of each other whenever we're nearby, and with the range of my darkness you could perhaps even call on us if needed. Assuming Clownpiece is okay with such an arrangement, would you be at least open to that idea? It would be better to have friends more than enemies, after all, especially considering that some of the fairy factions I know of are much less willing to take no for an answer when they're recruiting..."
>Look to Clownpiece to see what she thinks.

Contingency:
>Head about a mile underground and try again.
>How deep have we ever gone, for that matter, according to what we can remember?
> You don't think you ever needed to go that deep. Nor did you do so.
> You head deeper and try again, failing as expected...

> "We can't make that sort of decision without the mistress's call." Meiling speaks. "Like if you guys and those musicians fought again, we'd be best doing nothing unless they tried to force their way past the gate."
> Clownpiece appears to be nodding off...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 20, 2021, 10:22:17 AM
Prime:
>"Alright then, if you say so. Though the offer is still open should circumstances change. In any case I wish you guys luck during this incident and with defending your turf."
>"Looks like Clownpiece needs more rest, so should we make our way back to where we were?"

Contingency:
>Does the barrier seem stronger than it was back then?
>Try again at a depth of an additional mile.

//I'm actually starting to get curious about how close we can get to earth's core before the glow of magma stops our advance. Probably won't act on it though. Still the thought of Rumia invading America by passing through the center of the earth is a funny thought.

//Rumia: "Look Clownpiece I brought some souvenirs. It's like you have a land full of fans over there."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 20, 2021, 04:33:48 PM
Contingency:
>If that fails try traveling by the darkness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 21, 2021, 05:40:51 AM
Prime:
>"Alright then, if you say so. Though the offer is still open should circumstances change. In any case I wish you guys luck during this incident and with defending your turf."
>"Looks like Clownpiece needs more rest, so should we make our way back to where we were?"

Contingency:
>Does the barrier seem stronger than it was back then?
>Try again at a depth of an additional mile.

//I'm actually starting to get curious about how close we can get to earth's core before the glow of magma stops our advance. Probably won't act on it though. Still the thought of Rumia invading America by passing through the center of the earth is a funny thought.

//Rumia: "Look Clownpiece I brought some souvenirs. It's like you have a land full of fans over there."
Contingency:
>If that fails try traveling by the darkness
> "We should." Hecatia nods.

> You can't tell.
> You head deeper, with no change in progress.
> You are trying traveling by darkness. It's not like you're physically digging a path into the ground.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 21, 2021, 06:42:07 AM
>What separates us from regular darkness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 21, 2021, 07:49:57 AM
Prime:
>Nod.
>"Well, I guess we should get going then. Take care, Miss Meiling, and your fairies too."
>Start making our way back with the rest of the group.

Contingency
>Send a tendril straight down, keep moving it until we either: 1. Encounter the barrier, 2. encounter something that blocks our advance, or 3. Feel like we've reached the limit of our range.

//Partially to see if the barrier is spherical rather than a hemisphere and partly to see what our maximum range might be, assuming we don't hit the mantle first.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 21, 2021, 10:13:03 AM
>What separates us from regular darkness
Prime:
>Nod.
>"Well, I guess we should get going then. Take care, Miss Meiling, and your fairies too."
>Start making our way back with the rest of the group.

Contingency
>Send a tendril straight down, keep moving it until we either: 1. Encounter the barrier, 2. encounter something that blocks our advance, or 3. Feel like we've reached the limit of our range.

//Partially to see if the barrier is spherical rather than a hemisphere and partly to see what our maximum range might be, assuming we don't hit the mantle first.
> You suppose being a youkai separates you from regular darkness, maybe? If you had to say anything, at least. That or being elsewhere too, but you doubt it's that.

> Meiling waves your group off.

> You have some darkness continue heading down in our stead.
> After a while, you seem to finally reach somewhere different, and not just surrounded by ground.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 21, 2021, 08:48:20 PM
>Is the barrier down here?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 22, 2021, 04:31:12 AM
Prime:
>Follow our group.

Shadow Realm:
>Can we feel the fish through the "water?"
>If so do any seem to be carrying external parasites?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 22, 2021, 09:02:00 AM
>Is the barrier down here?
Prime:
>Follow our group.

Shadow Realm:
>Can we feel the fish through the "water?"
>If so do any seem to be carrying external parasites?
> You haven't tried to pass it down here yet.

> You follow your group out of Misty Lake's area.

> Yes.
> You don't think so? That's not really something you can tell...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 22, 2021, 09:04:31 AM
Contingency:
>Try passing through the barrier
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 22, 2021, 10:37:00 AM
Contingency:
>Try passing through the barrier
> You try again with your new spot, but still don't make it anywhere new past that.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on August 22, 2021, 11:51:29 PM
//  :point:  :smallcherry: [As an humble hopeful succor for fathomable reflections &... ] "... All is a
( relatively important , and it/they purely&honestly has/have to be worthy of it)
quoting inside another
(more important ,and it/they purely&honestly has/ have to be even more worthy of it/them) quoting " ...  :time: :dream: //

> You haven't tried to pass it down here yet.

> You follow your group out of Misty Lake's area.

> Yes.
> You don't think so? That's not really something you can tell...
>_
> You suppose being a youkai separates you from regular darkness, maybe? If you had to say anything, at least. That or being elsewhere too, but you doubt it's that.

> Meiling waves your group off.

> You have some darkness continue heading down in our stead.
> After a while, you seem to finally reach somewhere different, and not just surrounded by ground.
>_
> You try again with your new spot, but still don't make it anywhere new past that.
>_

Shadow Realm

> By using "shadows" try and perform a "health check" on the "water" encircling the fish ...then get to it to its outer body... then "a true health check" in its innards.

> Attempt to "sample" health,fitness,purity,qualities,characteristic...by"sampling",or the equivalent its shadows.

> How are the fish and its "sustaining waters" ,is that it ,reacting?

Contingency:

> Take altitude by flying and oversee ,though not conspicuously: what exactly is " new in the new spot and not just sorrounded y the ground"

> By Shadows, "Measure the Barrier" to determine its span,shape, its depths...
"
> During the undergoing processes: are we coming across any other living being shadow? Any "New Spots? Is any shadow being or perceived "altered somehow?"  ? Does "the Barrier" cast its own shadow or repel them or encapsule quotations of posts   :meiling: them or act as a divide from one front to the other ?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 23, 2021, 12:03:27 AM
> By Shadows, "Measure the Barrier" to determine its span,shape, its depths...
"
>Don't do this. Probing the entire barrier on this scale will surely attract Yakumo's attention. Even if we don't mean anything ill towards the barrier, it would help not to annoy her too much.

Prime:
>Have we arrived?/Has any of our group attempted to open conversation?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 23, 2021, 12:31:16 AM
//  :point:  :smallcherry: [As an humble hopeful succor for fathomable reflections &... ] "... All is a
( relatively important , and it/they purely&honestly has/have to be worthy of it)
quoting inside another
(more important ,and it/they purely&honestly has/ have to be even more worthy of it/them) quoting " ...  :time: :dream: //


Shadow Realm

> By using "shadows" try and perform a "health check" on the "water" encircling the fish ...then get to it to its outer body... then "a true health check" in its innards.

> Attempt to "sample" health,fitness,purity,qualities,characteristic...by"sampling",or the equivalent its shadows.

> How are the fish and its "sustaining waters" ,is that it ,reacting?

Contingency:

> Take altitude by flying and oversee ,though not conspicuously: what exactly is " new in the new spot and not just sorrounded y the ground"

> By Shadows, "Measure the Barrier" to determine its span,shape, its depths...
"
> During the undergoing processes: are we coming across any other living being shadow? Any "New Spots? Is any shadow being or perceived "altered somehow?"  ? Does "the Barrier" cast its own shadow or repel them or encapsule quotations of posts   :meiling: them or act as a divide from one front to the other ?
>Don't do this. Probing the entire barrier on this scale will surely attract Yakumo's attention. Even if we don't mean anything ill towards the barrier, it would help not to annoy her too much.

Prime:
>Have we arrived?/Has any of our group attempted to open conversation?
> You don't notice anything wrong with the shadows you're using as "water" for the fish.
> The fish's interiors look similar to each other. You don't know about if anything shouldn't be here or there, or if it shouldn't be this big or small...

> It's your tendril that has reached somewhere different, not you yourself. You haven't descended down to follow it all the way yet.
> You don't notice any shadows from the barrier. You suppose that'd be a given, since it isn't usually visible...
> It's too hard to tell, but there's something you can almost make out with your previous observation.

> Not yet. A groggy Clownpiece isn't the fastest lead your group could have.
> "Might we hurry a bit? Unless we want to get caught in something again, we should head further away than the edge of this area." Junko speaks. "It feels like something else will happen around here."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 23, 2021, 12:36:53 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Try to remember our exact method of crossing the barrier.

Prime:
>"We could use my Shadow Realm as a shortcut if you want, though I'd need to send a tendril of myself or a secondary body towards our destination first. Unless you guys want to be near the barrier or the fairies of light for whatever reason, since I already have a body and a tendril there respectively, though I personally think that would be a bit too far from the lake."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 24, 2021, 05:37:43 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Try to remember our exact method of crossing the barrier.

Prime:
>"We could use my Shadow Realm as a shortcut if you want, though I'd need to send a tendril of myself or a secondary body towards our destination first. Unless you guys want to be near the barrier or the fairies of light for whatever reason, since I already have a body and a tendril there respectively, though I personally think that would be a bit too far from the lake."
> You've already racked your memory, nothing new comes across with getting past it...

> "It shouldn't be that urgent." Junko adds.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 24, 2021, 06:45:12 AM
Prime:
>Nod.
>"Alright then."
>Pick up the pace a little, as much as a group with a tired Clownpiece will allow.
>Actually is anybody carrying Clownpiece right now?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 24, 2021, 06:46:29 AM
Contingency:
>Keep going down
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 24, 2021, 06:48:56 AM
Prime:
>Nod.
>"Alright then."
>Pick up the pace a little, as much as a group with a tired Clownpiece will allow.
>Actually is anybody carrying Clownpiece right now?
Contingency:
>Keep going down
> No.
> You hurry along, starting to pass Clownpiece.

> You continue, getting to the same new area that your tendril arrived at.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 24, 2021, 07:20:34 AM
Contingency:
>Go back up to the surface where we were while keeping the tendril where it is.
>What does the tendril see?

//Isn't it a bit redundant to go down there when we already have eyes down there?

Prime:
>Don't outpace the others.
>Do we believe we can carry Clownpiece under our own power (that is, without having to make a chair or platform out of darkness to carry her. etc.)
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 24, 2021, 07:26:00 AM
Contingency:
>Have the tendril see if the barrier extends down this far

>Have our tendril go deeper
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 24, 2021, 10:08:17 AM
Contingency:
>Go back up to the surface where we were while keeping the tendril where it is.
>What does the tendril see?

//Isn't it a bit redundant to go down there when we already have eyes down there?

Prime:
>Don't outpace the others.
>Do we believe we can carry Clownpiece under our own power (that is, without having to make a chair or platform out of darkness to carry her. etc.)
Contingency:
>Have the tendril see if the barrier extends down this far

>Have our tendril go deeper
> You could easily carry Clownpiece physically. You are a youkai, after all, and she's just a fairy.
> You slow down a bit.

> You return all the way back to the surface.
> Not much yet. It seems to be a big tunnel or a cave.
> You try to head past the barrier, but still can't seem to.
> You head deeper still...
> It... doesn't seem like it was a cave. But rather, a stalagmite of sorts blocking your view. Now further down and away from the ceiling, this place seems far too big to be just a cave. You can't see the far end, but there are lights far away and lower towards the ground.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 24, 2021, 03:50:20 PM
>Do we recall anything being under gensokyo?

Contingency:
>Does the cavern appear to extend under the barrier?
>Have our tendril stick within opaque darkness of the cavern wall if possible.

Prime:
>"Would you like me to carry you, Clownpiece. I could also make a floating chair or platform of darkness instead if you'd like."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 24, 2021, 10:27:01 PM
Shadow Realm:
>Start making a diarama of Gensokyo out of shadow
>Put little figures of people we know are at
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 25, 2021, 09:47:05 AM
>Do we recall anything being under gensokyo?

Contingency:
>Does the cavern appear to extend under the barrier?
>Have our tendril stick within opaque darkness of the cavern wall if possible.

Prime:
>"Would you like me to carry you, Clownpiece. I could also make a floating chair or platform of darkness instead if you'd like."
Shadow Realm:
>Start making a diarama of Gensokyo out of shadow
>Put little figures of people we know are at
> No.

> You're not sure.
> You have your darkness stick to the darkness of one of the walls here.

> "Sure." Clownpiece nods.

> You start making a diagram of Gensokyo, putting down people who frequent areas. Hakurei Shrine, Reimu... Misty Lake, Cirno and Daiyousei...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 25, 2021, 10:47:00 AM
Prime:
>Full on princess carry!
>Carry Clownpiece respectfully if she lets us.

Contingency:
>Move the tendril towards the barrier, maintaining contact with the cavern wall.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 26, 2021, 09:27:02 PM
Prime:
>Full on princess carry!
>Carry Clownpiece respectfully if she lets us.

Contingency:
>Move the tendril towards the barrier, maintaining contact with the cavern wall.
> You lift up the fairy and continue away from the lake.

> You try, though it seems like the barrier might be past the wall itself.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 26, 2021, 09:36:00 PM
>Past as in the open air or past as in within the rock?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 26, 2021, 09:48:50 PM
>Past as in the open air or past as in within the rock?
> The latter.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 26, 2021, 11:41:00 PM
Contingency:
>Try having the tendril pass through
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 28, 2021, 05:51:29 AM
Contingency:
>Try having the tendril pass through
> You try to get through the barrier with the tendril, getting the same results as last time...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 28, 2021, 05:53:15 AM
>No helping it, go down even further
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 28, 2021, 05:57:12 AM
>No helping it, go down even further
> You descend ever further down in the open area, while your other body has made it a fair distance away from the lake, with nothing new happening.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 28, 2021, 06:25:15 AM
Prime:
>"What is Clownpiece's relationship with you Miss?  Teacher and student, Master and servant, or something else?"

Contingency:
>Wrap the darkness around us like we did when were sealed.
->Does the barrier block the darkness?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 28, 2021, 08:51:22 PM
Prime:
>"What is Clownpiece's relationship with you Miss?  Teacher and student, Master and servant, or something else?"
//Is this directed at Hecatia or Junko? because we've heard her refer to Hecatia as master several times.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 28, 2021, 08:55:50 PM
//Hecate.  The master comments still leave things up in the air.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 28, 2021, 09:01:56 PM
//Got it.

Contingency
>Have the tendril follow the wall and go even deeper.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on August 30, 2021, 09:03:23 PM
Prime:
>"What is Clownpiece's relationship with you Miss?  Teacher and student, Master and servant, or something else?"

Contingency:
>Wrap the darkness around us like we did when were sealed.
->Does the barrier block the darkness?
//Got it.

Contingency
>Have the tendril follow the wall and go even deeper.
> "She's like my follower, you could say." Hecatia answers.

> You wrap some darkness around yourself.
> It does not look like the darkness gets past it.

> You have your tendril continue further down...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on August 31, 2021, 05:44:47 AM
>Contemplate what separates our darkness from regular darkness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on August 31, 2021, 05:47:25 AM
Contingency:
>Keep sending it further down.

Prime:
>Look around as we travel.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 01, 2021, 04:21:38 AM
> "She's like my follower, you could say." Hecatia answers.

> You wrap some darkness around yourself.
> It does not look like the darkness gets past it.

> You have your tendril continue further down...
>_

> Looking at Hecatia then at Junko and finally at Clownpiece : " True,a quite affectionate.devoted, loyal and fitting-in Great Fairy follower,so to consider ".


>Contemplate what separates our darkness from regular darkness
Contingency:
>Keep sending it further down.

Prime:
>Look around as we travel.


// In the "eventual" modus and objective(s) of " Eventual Advancements ", not remotely or inconsistently//

> In useful "eventualities" or "eventual advancements" ,slow down and adapt the " shadow tendril" into shapes to better measure+sense underground alongside the cave wall and further around the Terrain ,both  away from the Cave Wall and alongside it ; do not touch touch or brush the Great Hakurei Barrier though .
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 01, 2021, 08:35:14 AM
>Contemplate what separates our darkness from regular darkness
Contingency:
>Keep sending it further down.

Prime:
>Look around as we travel.

> Looking at Hecatia then at Junko and finally at Clownpiece : " True,a quite affectionate.devoted, loyal and fitting-in Great Fairy follower,so to consider ".


// In the "eventual" modus and objective(s) of " Eventual Advancements ", not remotely or inconsistently//

> In useful "eventualities" or "eventual advancements" ,slow down and adapt the " shadow tendril" into shapes to better measure+sense underground alongside the cave wall and further around the Terrain ,both  away from the Cave Wall and alongside it ; do not touch touch or brush the Great Hakurei Barrier though .
> Your darkness is usually magically. You probably have a whole realm full of it, after all.

> You continue down, away from the barrier.
> And reach the bottom of this open underground area.

> You've already gotten away from the lake. There's some trees nearby, as you are near the forest the other fairy group split off to. There appears to be some commotion going on at the lake area you left further behind.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 02, 2021, 10:05:05 AM
Prime:
>"It looks like we avoided some trouble."

Contingency:
>Try to control the non magical darkness
->Try to cast our senses through the regular darkness

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 02, 2021, 11:11:00 AM
Contingency:
>Have our tendril try probing the barrier again now that we're at this depth.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 04, 2021, 06:16:22 AM
Prime:
>"It looks like we avoided some trouble."

Contingency:
>Try to control the non magical darkness
->Try to cast our senses through the regular darkness
Contingency:
>Have our tendril try probing the barrier again now that we're at this depth.
> "Well, some more, given we got into some earlier..." Junko responds.

> You can control the non magical darkness, and even move through it. But you cant seem to get past the barrier this way...
> You try again with the barrier this far down, yet it goes the same as usual...
> "I think we're doing something wrong. But i cant quite put a finger on what." Your shadow speaks. "Im sure we can pass through it still, at least. Though if im wrong about that, maybe im not even a shadow of my old self."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 04, 2021, 06:14:40 PM
Prime:
>"That's true.  Speaking of that, the musicians mentioned their abilities improved by making pacts with fairies.  I don't know if it has affected me like that.  Have either of you notice any improvements?"

Shadow Realm:
>"Ha, that would make us a better matched fit.  This bumbling around has given a possible boon."

>Wave our hand at the diarama and have it form the cavern we've found

>"It seems like a good place for a home.  Saturated in our element, hard to get to, and few landmarks."

>Scowl at the aquarium
->"After Red's performance a place where meticulous work can be stored would be useful."

>Put our knuckle to our mouth
->"That light down there is worrisome, but I don't plan to stick my nose where it can be bitten again, at least today."

Contingency:
>Make a door with the natural shadow on the other side of the barrier
>Make a door on our side of the barrier and link the two
->Step through the door on our side of the barrier
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 04, 2021, 06:31:30 PM
Prime:
>"That's true.  Speaking of that, the musicians mentioned their abilities improved by making pacts with fairies.  I don't know if it has affected me like that.  Have either of you notice any improvements?"

Shadow Realm:
>"Ha, that would make us a better matched fit.  This bumbling around has given a possible boon."

>Wave our hand at the diarama and have it form the cavern we've found

>"It seems like a good place for a home.  Saturated in our element, hard to get to, and few landmarks."

>Scowl at the aquarium
->"After Red's performance a place where meticulous work can be stored would be useful."

>Put our knuckle to our mouth
->"That light down there is worrisome, but I don't plan to stick my nose where it can be bitten again, at least today."

Contingency:
>Make a door with the natural shadow on the other side of the barrier
>Make a door on our side of the barrier and link the two
->Step through the door on our side of the barrier
> "Did they now? I didn't see them with any fairies helping them..." Junko questions.
> "None of those fairies looked like they were helping them. Even the ones you took in didn't seem too helpful." Hecatia adds.

> You muse about your shadow realm and add more details to your display. You might need to see the rest of the cavern before you can properly display how large it is, but it shouldn't be too large to display for now.

> You mess with the darkness on both sides of the barrier and try to go through.
> As before, you never make it through to the other side.
> "Ahh. I remember now! Surely X Rumia realized this as well." Shadow speaks. "You don't pass the barrier by trying to get through an explicit location. Common sense would ask for you to get to the edges of this world and try to move into the next that way, but this is Gensokyo, after all. Anywhere can work. Focusing your efforts on an edge likely gets you less results. You'd be better off doing it anywhere, Hakurei Shrine, the mountain, underground, above ground, skies... But how to get out... Well, we can already tell how the darkness outside of the barrier is? If so, maybe just trying to get from 'this darkness to that darkness' would work more than 'trying to pass the barrier'?"
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 05, 2021, 08:01:56 AM
Prime:
>Try forming our body in the other darkness
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 07, 2021, 06:50:39 PM
Prime:
>Try forming our body in the other darkness
> You try to just form yourself in the other darkness, yet such attempt still doesn't quite work...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 09, 2021, 05:45:49 AM
Prime:
>"That's true.  Speaking of that, the musicians mentioned their abilities improved by making pacts with fairies.  I don't know if it has affected me like that.  Have either of you notice any improvements?"
> "Did they now? I didn't see them with any fairies helping them..." Junko questions.
> "None of those fairies looked like they were helping them. Even the ones you took in didn't seem too helpful." Hecatia adds.

> You muse about your shadow realm and add more details to your display. You might need to see the rest of the cavern before you can properly display how large it is, but it shouldn't be too large to display for now.

> You mess with the darkness on both sides of the barrier and try to go through.
> As before, you never make it through to the other side.
> "Ahh. I remember now! Surely X Rumia realized this as well." Shadow speaks. "You don't pass the barrier by trying to get through an explicit location. Common sense would ask for you to get to the edges of this world and try to move into the next that way, but this is Gensokyo, after all. Anywhere can work. Focusing your efforts on an edge likely gets you less results. You'd be better off doing it anywhere, Hakurei Shrine, the mountain, underground, above ground, skies... But how to get out... Well, we can already tell how the darkness outside of the barrier is? If so, maybe just trying to get from 'this darkness to that darkness' would work more than 'trying to pass the barrier'?"
>_
...


> Did the Poltergeists Musicians mention that or were they referring to others?

> If it is the 1st instance, answer to Junko and Hecatia they were not helped by fairies but rather have made some sort of pact which through the fairies strengthen them .

> If it is the 2nd one , clarify you were half-mistaken as they were referring to others with whom the fairies made some sort-of pact with them,or rather through them,to be strengthened.

> ...in any instance , point out if any of us is feeling added power or other beneficial improvement since agreeing to help Clownpiece ... but also clarify none of us  have made any sort-of pacts through her,which is still is all unbeknownst to here ,and in addition i,f there are any boosts for us , they are likely to come forth while under greater effort,

> Your darkness is usually magically. You probably have a whole realm full of it, after all.

> You continue down, away from the barrier.
> And reach the bottom of this open underground area.

> You've already gotten away from the lake. There's some trees nearby, as you are near the forest the other fairy group split off to. There appears to be some commotion going on at the lake area you left further behind.
>_

> Redirect , but send a new 1 instead if this 1 has to be used for active exploration or other direct activities , " the shadow probe discoverer of this open underground area fairly close to the Great Barrier " to prudently watch out over " the commotion brewing at the Misty Lake " .

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 09, 2021, 05:55:03 AM
Contingency:
>Close our eyes and try to get to the shadow that we are manipulating beyond the barrier
->Open our eyes and check if that worked
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 09, 2021, 06:12:32 AM
Prime:
>Status report.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 11, 2021, 05:32:11 AM
...



> Did the Poltergeists Musicians mention that or were they referring to others?

> If it is the 1st instance, answer to Junko and Hecatia they were not helped by fairies but rather have made some sort of pact which through the fairies strengthen them .

> If it is the 2nd one , clarify you were half-mistaken as they were referring knowing to others with whom the fairies made some sort-of pact with them,or rather through them,to be strengthened.

> ...in any instance , point out if any of us is feeling added power or other beneficial improvement since agreeing to help Clownpiece ... but also clarify none of us  have made any sort-of pacts through her,which is still is all unbeknownst to here ,and in addition i,f there are any boosts for us , they are likely to come forth while under greater effort,

> Redirect , but send a new 1 instead if this 1 has to be used for active exploration or other direct activities , " the shadow probe discoverer of this open underground area fairly close to the Great Barrier " to prudently watch out over " the commotion brewing at the Misty Lake " .
Contingency:
>Close our eyes and try to get to the shadow that we are manipulating beyond the barrier
->Open our eyes and check if that worked
Prime:
>Status report.
> You don't think the musicians actually mentioned being with any fairies. None seemed to be aiding them, at least.
> "Those fairies at the mountain were harder to keep up with before we settled with joining Clownpiece." Your shadow mentions.
> You're not sure if you felt weaker before this, though.

> You're far enough from the lake that the action there doesn't seem like it'll become a bother. You, or at least your group, can probably sleep fine. Clownpiece has fallen asleep again, at least.
> You send a bit of darkness over towards the lake's area to observe what's going on more closely.
> The musicians from before appear to be fighting another group. Meiling appears to be joining in against the musicians as well. There's a lot more going on than just this, as well...

> You close your eyes and try to get to the shadow you were feeling on the other side of the barrier.
> And open them. But such doesn't seem to do anything. You still feel more like you're on this side, in Gensokyo.
> "Maybe we should focus on this later. We don't want to split our attention too much and make a mistake or anything." Shadow advises. "Well, if we upset Yukari by doing something to the barrier, we'll be fine. It's not like she warns us against that."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 11, 2021, 05:41:10 AM
Prime:
>What do Hecatia and Junko appear to be doing?

Contingency:
>(If you really think so then sure, but it is important that I either remember or relearn how to pass it sooner than later.)
>Have our surface body seek out bugs like crickets to send to the shadow realm, presumably all of the same species. Send some leaf litter/plant matter as well to feed them.

Shadow Realm:
>Make a new container to receive the bugs and bug food that Contingency brings. Might as well start a bug breeding project so we can feed the fish.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 11, 2021, 05:57:32 AM
Prime:
>What do Hecatia and Junko appear to be doing?

Contingency:
>(If you really think so then sure, but it is important that I either remember or relearn how to pass it sooner than later.)
>Have our surface body seek out bugs like crickets to send to the shadow realm, presumably all of the same species. Send some leaf litter/plant matter as well to feed them.

Shadow Realm:
>Make a new container to receive the bugs and bug food that Contingency brings. Might as well start a bug breeding project so we can feed the fish.
> Following along.

> "We have time. No need to rush and do everything at once. That'll just make everything we do inefficient compared to focusing on things one by one." Shadow speaks. "Running around, talking to people and such is fine with multiple bodies. But I think something important like this should be done carefully."
> You start to gather up smaller creatures into your shadow realm, preparing a container for them as well.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 11, 2021, 07:13:29 AM
Prime:
>Pull your darkness back from the lake
>Try feeling the natural darkness to see if we can feel things through it
->Try pushing and pulling the darkness

Shadow:
>"That's true.  Worse case scenario we can ask X."

>"Do you know if things in here need to eat or drink?"
>Try changing the darkness in front of us red
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 11, 2021, 05:20:06 PM
Prime:
>Pull your darkness back from the lake
>Try feeling the natural darkness to see if we can feel things through it
->Try pushing and pulling the darkness

Shadow:
>"That's true.  Worse case scenario we can ask X."

>"Do you know if things in here need to eat or drink?"
>Try changing the darkness in front of us red
> You do a few tests with your abilities, affirming that you can't feel much through the natural darkness, but can push and pull it.

> "She seemed busy. I doubt she has time to screw around with the outside world." Shadow muses. "Unless her business is already things in the outside world, but I doubt that."
> "I don't think we can make everything survive in here. They probably still need to."

> You try to change the color of the darkness ahead, but it stays as it is.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 11, 2021, 07:49:37 PM
Shadow Realm:
>"Hmm, good thing I decided to try starting a population of insects then. Here's hoping they thrive and give us a steady supply of fish food."

Prime:
>Is Clownpiece limply sleeping in our arms or is she holding on to us in her sleep?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 12, 2021, 03:27:10 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Hmm, good thing I decided to try starting a population of insects then. Here's hoping they thrive and give us a steady supply of fish food."

Prime:
>Is Clownpiece limply sleeping in our arms or is she holding on to us in her sleep?
> The former. Pretty unceremonious...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 12, 2021, 03:42:49 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"I didn't mean I'd bother her now.  I meant after this weird incident is resolved."

Prime:
>Shift our body shape so that Clownpiece is sleeping in a hammock like appendage with a pillow that has a soft fleshy feel.

>Do we know of a place that would make a good campsite nearby?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 12, 2021, 11:11:27 AM
Prime:
>Shift our body shape so that Clownpiece is sleeping in a hammock like appendage with a pillow that has a soft fleshy feel.
>Don't do this. We already tried making a soft surface with the bed earlier and it didn't work, and a hammock would be making something completely different anyway. Additionally we're probably going to set down soon so we'll be able to make something less awkward.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 12, 2021, 06:25:03 PM
Shadow Realm:
>"I didn't mean I'd bother her now.  I meant after this weird incident is resolved."

Prime:
>Shift our body shape so that Clownpiece is sleeping in a hammock like appendage with a pillow that has a soft fleshy feel.

>Do we know of a place that would make a good campsite nearby?
>Don't do this. We already tried making a soft surface with the bed earlier and it didn't work, and a hammock would be making something completely different anyway. Additionally we're probably going to set down soon so we'll be able to make something less awkward.
> You don't. Your best bet is to probably just set up where you are. Or heading into the forest.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 14, 2021, 06:48:18 AM
Prime:
>"I think we're far enough from the lake.  I can make furniture though I can't get the textures right."

Contingency:
>Sink into the ground
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 14, 2021, 09:20:27 AM
> You don't. Your best bet is to probably just set up where you are. Or heading into the forest.
>_

// Sooner or later we should be doing " some.sort of mediating intervention " between the "confronters" at the Misty Lake since 2 out of 3 of them already reckon us at least a well-disposed neutral party, and.... //

>//...  it really seems, though pending confirmation, another misunderstanding by "The Musicians" being impulsive in discerning between " Dangerous/Troublemaking Fairy & Allies Groups" and " Innocuous Fairy & Allies Groups " then provocations back and forth erupted in the current  escalation which is being surpassed by another bigger escalation right next to it... //

//... although...  it has to be evaluated  if  the " Unknown 3rd Group versus the Musicians ", and the eventual other unknown and involved ones, is really Innocuous like Meiling's or if it a Troublemaking/Dangerous 1 which we should be pointing out to Meiling Group that and lend some help in subduing it //
.
Misty Lake Shadow Probe:
> Who is the additional group? Who can we recognise from the  3 involved parties,. besides the Musicians, Meiling and her Fairies? What other activity is mounting up in. addition to their confrontation?

Prime:
> Ask Hecatia and Junko if this feels like a proper place to set down for a rest to them as well.

// The difference is that this would be" a single Mass of shadow particularly tuned not to reconstruct a pillow but to be pillow-like... //

// ... and course a " Brief Product-Testing " comes first, either by Hecatia or Junko,  before setting the sleeping Clownpiece on it //

> What is our expertise, or at least estimate,  about making ".Imitating Simple Shadow Artifacts " like ... a comfortably soft pillow-like shadow Mass?

Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 15, 2021, 03:37:02 AM
Prime:
>"I think we're far enough from the lake.  I can make furniture though I can't get the textures right."

Contingency:
>Sink into the ground
// Sooner or later we should be doing " some.sort of mediating intervention " between the "confronters" at the Misty Lake since 2 out of 3 of them already reckon us at least a well-disposed neutral party, and.... //

>//...  it really seems, though pending confirmation, another misunderstanding by "The Musicians" being impulsive in discerning between " Dangerous/Troublemaking Fairy & Allies Groups" and " Innocuous Fairy & Allies Groups " then provocations back and forth erupted in the current  escalation which is being surpassed by another bigger escalation right next to it... //

//... although...  it has to be evaluated  if  the " Unknown 3rd Group versus the Musicians ", and the eventual other unknown and involved ones, is really Innocuous like Meiling's or if it a Troublemaking/Dangerous 1 which we should be pointing out to Meiling Group that and lend some help in subduing it //
.
Misty Lake Shadow Probe:
> Who is the additional group? Who can we recognise from the  3 involved parties,. besides the Musicians, Meiling and her Fairies? What other activity is mounting up in. addition to their confrontation?

Prime:
> Ask Hecatia and Junko if this feels like a proper place to set down for a rest to them as well.

// The difference is that this would be" a single Mass of shadow particularly tuned not to reconstruct a pillow but to be pillow-like... //

// ... and course a " Brief Product-Testing " comes first, either by Hecatia or Junko,  before setting the sleeping Clownpiece on it //

> What is our expertise, or at least estimate,  about making ".Imitating Simple Shadow Artifacts " like ... a comfortably soft pillow-like shadow Mass?


> "This is fine. We can stop here." Junko answers.

> You stop and sink into the darkness underground.
> You could probably make a pillow similar to your skin... Well, you should be able to. The mattress making attempts didn't go well.

> Now that you're even closer, you observe the participants in this dark and cloudy night.
> The three musicians with smaller instruments appear to be fighting Meiling and a non-fairy maid.
> The other two girls with instruments are each fighting some fairy maids.
> The drum musician is higher up, fighting against a small, winged girl. If you recall correctly, she's the vampire who caused the Scarlet Mist Incident.
> You can see something strange high in the sky above the fight. Though it appears to either be getting bigger, or coming down.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 15, 2021, 05:22:36 AM
>Can we make out any details of the strange object?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 15, 2021, 05:42:26 AM
>Can we make out any details of the strange object?
> No.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 17, 2021, 08:29:28 AM
Prime:
>Make a couple of beds with skin texture
>"I can adjust the textures to a degree or change the beds to fit your tastes."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 17, 2021, 07:58:45 PM
Prime:
>Make a couple of beds with skin texture
>"I can adjust the textures to a degree or change the beds to fit your tastes."
> You make a few beds out of darkness, but in a similar way to how you make your body.
> Or, you've tried to... They don't seem to be different, nor do they feel like skin. At least, the darkness is somewhat soft...
> It's hard to tell if Junko simply doesn't care, or has no input on it...
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 18, 2021, 12:18:16 AM
> You make a few beds out of darkness, but in a similar way to how you make your body.
> Or, you've tried to... They don't seem to be different, nor do they feel like skin. At least, the darkness is somewhat soft...
> It's hard to tell if Junko simply doesn't care, or has no input on it...
>_

// Perhaps the "big object coming down "is the Scarlet Devil Mansion or something similar...? //

Prime
> Apply a " layer of softened shadow on top of the closest shadow mattress... "

>. .. test with 1 one hand if it has a more comfortable feeling...

>... and apply it to the other ones if it is so.

  Shadow Probe
> Observe the Silhouette of the Big Object: it is becoming bigger and bigger, closer and closer directly on top, or very close, to the "duelists"... right?

> If that the is the case... we should promptly warn them all.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 18, 2021, 01:03:37 AM
Prime:
>Lay Clownpiece on one of the beds
>Take one of the beds for ourself

>Feel for where X and the fairy are
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 19, 2021, 04:58:43 AM
// Perhaps the "big object coming down "is the Scarlet Devil Mansion or something similar...? //

Prime
> Apply a " layer of softened shadow on top of the closest shadow mattress... "

>. .. test with 1 one hand if it has a more comfortable feeling...

>... and apply it to the other ones if it is so.

  Shadow Probe
> Observe the Silhouette of the Big Object: it is becoming bigger and bigger, closer and closer directly on top, or very close, to the "duelists"... right?

> If that the is the case... we should promptly warn them all.
Prime:
>Lay Clownpiece on one of the beds
>Take one of the beds for ourself

>Feel for where X and the fairy are
> You repeat the body technique you used for the beds and just make a bit of darkness over the bed.
> It feels more comfortable. You could almost force your hand to pass through if you tried, but it'd just get to the "bed" after. And that's more space to get past than this layer.
> You apply the technique to all of the beds.
> You then set Clownpiece down on a "bed". And take a seat on another for yourself.

> You try, though it does not seem like you can tell where either of them are...

> The big object seems like its planned to land on the fight... Thus, you consider warning the group...
> The fairy maids appear to be struggling in their battle, while Meiling and the Three Magicians look like they're having fun?
> A flash of lightning strikes down near the drum woman, almost hitting the charging vampire - though it seems like she was able to back away at the last moment.
> You notice something small appear next to the drummer. Or rather, that small person that was with them. Things appear to be hectic at the lake in such short time. You're glad you weren't roped into it.
> "We don't have enough to go against them... What now?" She questions.
> "Benben, Yatsu, finish up and help the Prismrivers deal with their opponents." The drummer speaks, before entering a Spell Card Trance, getting further away in the air. Are they actually using the Spell Card Rules? It didn't seem like such until now...
> The two instrument girls fighting the fairy maids finish them off, as if they were toying with them before, and quickly join up with the phantom trio.
> "Okay guys, fall back. Let us focus on them. You just prepare yourself for if things get worse." Meiling speaks, and the fairies with her quickly do so.
> "I don't feel very confident in just us against them. Do you have any ideas?" The maid questions.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 19, 2021, 05:00:22 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Check on our "Realm Guests"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 19, 2021, 06:22:45 AM
Shadow Realm:
>Check on our "Realm Guests"
> The fish seem fine, while the critters... You're no expert on them. You have no idea if they're better or worse than outside.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 22, 2021, 08:10:05 AM
Prime:
>Look around.

Shadow Realm:
>Do they appear to be feeding on the leaf litter at least?

Contingency:
>Status
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 22, 2021, 08:23:22 AM
Shadow Probe:
>Watch the spellcard and look for weaknesses

Shadow Realm:
>"Were you born with me or were you turned into my shadow?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 22, 2021, 08:41:43 AM
Shadow Realm:
>"Were you born with me or were you turned into my shadow?"
>Try to remember ourselves first, only ask this if we cannot do so.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 22, 2021, 09:49:51 AM
Prime:
>Look around.

Shadow Realm:
>Do they appear to be feeding on the leaf litter at least?

Contingency:
>Status
Shadow Probe:
>Watch the spellcard and look for weaknesses

Shadow Realm:
>"Were you born with me or were you turned into my shadow?"
>Try to remember ourselves first, only ask this if we cannot do so.
> Your scenery hasn't changed. The "Beds" you made are still here. No one new has arrived, and nothing new has turned up that wasn't here when you got here.

> Yes.

> You are still in the ground.

> The drum girl appears to be... dropping drums towards the vampire... they nearly cover the entirety of the vampire's firing angles, possibly acting as barriers.

> You're pretty sure your shadow was with you since the start.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 23, 2021, 01:05:47 PM
...

> The big object seems like its planned to land on the fight... Thus, you consider warning the group...

...


// Are we agreeing "this particular elicits" The Charity of at least a convincing warning , if not more to intervene (  :fullpower: Sapient ideas always very welcome ) in discovering its true nature , affiliation or unaffilation , purpose and of course "cooperate in safely (and neutrally ) fending off any and all low blows //

> It is still heading right into the fight while others all the others are unaware...?

> Your scenery hasn't changed. The "Beds" you made are still here. No one new has arrived, and nothing new has turned up that wasn't here when you got here.

> Yes.

> You are still in the ground.

> The drum girl appears to be... dropping drums towards the vampire... they nearly cover the entirety of the vampire's firing angles, possibly acting as barriers.

> You're pretty sure your shadow was with you since the start.
>_

// Ditto as above //

> From which angle and altitude the" Very Large Object" is coming down ? Are we able to find an area fit to draw at least most of duelists the away and clearly point at the "Very Big ominous Silhouette incoming"?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 24, 2021, 04:27:57 AM
// Are we agreeing "this particular elicits" The Charity of at least a convincing warning , if not more to intervene (  :fullpower: Sapient ideas always very welcome ) in discovering its true nature , affiliation or unaffilation , purpose and of course "cooperate in safely (and neutrally ) fending off any and all low blows //

> It is still heading right into the fight while others all the others are unaware...?

// Ditto as above //

> From which angle and altitude the" Very Large Object" is coming down ? Are we able to find an area fit to draw at least most of duelists the away and clearly point at the "Very Big ominous Silhouette incoming"?
> It is still-
> Ah. It's slowed to a stop - hovering up there. Though you still can't quite tell what it is this far away...

> You're not sure if it's too large to get out of range from, or if it is smaller. At least, it's stopped now...

> "I was kinda hoping you'd have some ideas." The gate guard responds to the maid. "I suppose we just do our best to not disappoint the mistress."
> "I don't get why you guys are behind a fairy. People like you could've been helping stop this whole thing." The red pianist speaks.
> "We'll be fine without your help, you two. We coordinate better when it's us three. Though your music isn't too bad, either." The violinist speaks, as the trio all appear to go into a spell card trance.
> The one in black begins the pattern, while the other two seem to refrain from firing yet...

> The vampire seems to be doing alright against the drummer, though she isn't landing any hits at this rate either.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 24, 2021, 04:30:09 AM
//X has a vested interest in at least some of the mansion inhabitants so I don't think we should interfere.

Prime:
>Does Clownpiece appear to be sleeping well?
>Where are we, roughly?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 24, 2021, 04:33:24 AM
//X has a vested interest in at least some of the mansion inhabitants so I don't think we should interfere.

Prime:
>Does Clownpiece appear to be sleeping well?
>Where are we, roughly?
> Yes.
> You're far enough away from the lake area that you don't think the previously falling object poses a threat to your group - nor should anyone from the fight notice any of you. The shadow you sent to view things closer is near the lake itself.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 25, 2021, 05:52:12 PM
>If no player objects
->Go to sleep
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 25, 2021, 06:18:24 PM
>Do not sleep.

//We're still spread out with no guarantee the rest of our bodies/tendrils won't  fall asleep with the main one. Nor do we have any guarantee that our darkness constructs and tendrils won't vanish when their source body sleeps. If either case is true then the setup we have re: the fairies of light would be pointless and I have a vested interest in making contact with them when they wake up. Sleeping would also risk missing this window of opportunity as well due to the possibility of sleeping past it. Especially with how long Rumia's been up already.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 25, 2021, 07:10:51 PM
// So do we want to wait until sunrise?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 25, 2021, 10:23:17 PM
>If no player objects
->Go to sleep
>Do not sleep.

//We're still spread out with no guarantee the rest of our bodies/tendrils won't  fall asleep with the main one. Nor do we have any guarantee that our darkness constructs and tendrils won't vanish when their source body sleeps. If either case is true then the setup we have re: the fairies of light would be pointless and I have a vested interest in making contact with them when they wake up. Sleeping would also risk missing this window of opportunity as well due to the possibility of sleeping past it. Especially with how long Rumia's been up already.
> You decide not to sleep. You have an important task, after all.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 25, 2021, 10:42:14 PM
// So do we want to wait until sunrise?

// Likely that we wait like that , at least until we found a way that immediately alert and wake us up when a development is detected in the vicinity //

> It is still-
> Ah. It's slowed to a stop - hovering up there. Though you still can't quite tell what it is this far away...

> You're not sure if it's too large to get out of range from, or if it is smaller. At least, it's stopped now...

> "I was kinda hoping you'd have some ideas." The gate guard responds to the maid. "I suppose we just do our best to not disappoint the mistress."
> "I don't get why you guys are behind a fairy. People like you could've been helping stop this whole thing." The red pianist speaks.
> "We'll be fine without your help, you two. We coordinate better when it's us three. Though your music isn't too bad, either." The violinist speaks, as the trio all appear to go into a spell card trance.
> The one in black begins the pattern, while the other two seem to refrain from firing yet...

> The vampire seems to be doing alright against the drummer, though she isn't landing any hits at this rate either.
>_

Shadow Probe
> Are we able to " assemble from the shadows " some kind of "shadow telescope or binoculars which is able to focus and refract some of the light in the vicinity in a manner that amplifies vision " in order to and  use it to better see the now stopped Giant Silhouette ?

> If we are unable,can we " build from the shadows "  a " raising shadow tunnel hidden among the rising shadows " in such a manner and direction in order to  try and use it  to get us closer and closer while as unnoticed as possible to the now stopped Giant Silhouette ?

> That mention of "I don't get why you guys are behind a fairy..."...are we able to recognize who is that " Best-Performing Fairy " fighting alongside the Mansion Group and who is not a Fairy Maid ?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 25, 2021, 11:57:09 PM
// Likely that we wait like that , at least until we found a way that immediately alert and wake us up when a development is detected in the vicinity //

Shadow Probe
> Are we able to " assemble from the shadows " some kind of "shadow telescope or binoculars which is able to focus and refract some of the light in the vicinity in a manner that amplifies vision " in order to and  use it to better see the now stopped Giant Silhouette ?

> If we are unable,can we " build from the shadows "  a " raising shadow tunnel hidden among the rising shadows " in such a manner and direction in order to  try and use it  to get us closer and closer while as unnoticed as possible to the now stopped Giant Silhouette ?

> That mention of "I don't get why you guys are behind a fairy..."...are we able to recognize who is that " Best-Performing Fairy " fighting alongside the Mansion Group and who is not a Fairy Maid ?
> You do not know how to assemble such a thing.
> You don't believe you could create such a construct and keep it hidden from the combatants here.

> You don't notice any fairies doing particularly well around here... Maybe they're hiding? Or don't even look like a fairy?
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 26, 2021, 12:01:07 AM
Contingency:
>Head towards the light in the underground cavern, but stay out of sight of anything sentient
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 26, 2021, 07:58:24 AM
Contingency:
>Head towards the light in the underground cavern, but stay out of sight of anything sentient
> You have your tendril continue through the cavern, now starting to explore it rather than simply diving deeper down...

> "Sorry I'm late." You hear another person, as a similar figure to the vampire's rushes to her side, though with much weirder wings. "Where's Patchouli?"
> "Not here. Probably asleep or dealing with her own issues, if I had to guess." The vampire replies, forming a spear above her, before launching it at the drummer.
> The projectile pierces through the drums in the way, though the target grazes it just barely.
> Only for it to explode behind her and break the spell card.
> "You should go help Meiling and Sakuya." The vampire speaks. "I have this."
> "You clearly missed though! I had to help out." The weird winged one chimes. "I live at our mansion too, so I'll also help against them."
> "They seem to just be tools and ghosts. It won't be that bad if you end up breaking them."
> "...More disrespectful creatures." The drummer starts to prepare another spell card, this time forming two drums that immediately begin shooting danmaku and lasers from both ends, while also beginning to rotate.

> The red and white of the trio of musicians are supporting the violinist's attacks, which seems like it might be too much for the gatekeeper.
> The maid, meanwhile, appears to have beaten one of the other duo, but faced a loss against the other.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 26, 2021, 08:19:59 AM
>Would it be considered rude to interrupt the gatekeepers duel?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 26, 2021, 08:44:59 AM
>Would it be considered rude to interrupt the gatekeepers duel?
> You don't know why they're fighting in the first place. But that maid joined in before focusing on the others, so maybe it wouldn't be rude?
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 26, 2021, 08:52:24 AM
>Try feeling for X's darkness

>Use our ability to control darkness to write in front of Meiling, "WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP?  SAY ALOUD YES OR NO"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 26, 2021, 05:47:16 PM
>Use our ability to control darkness to write in front of Meiling, "WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP?  SAY ALOUD YES OR NO"
>Do not do this.
//I see no reason to get involved beyond observing.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 26, 2021, 06:49:10 PM
//It seems like a plot hook
//Or does Neo not dangle hooks for players to follow?

//I was planning to harass by having the darkness take the shape of a pack of wolves and occasionally give them our darkness to shoot danmaku
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 26, 2021, 08:08:49 PM
//X has a vested interest in the mansion and Meiling already refused alliance. Wouldn't want to step on X's toes nor dishonor previous  agreements.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on September 26, 2021, 08:46:38 PM
//OK

>Wait until Clownpiece wakes or the fairies of light interact with us or come out of their home
->Stop waiting if something interacts with us
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on September 27, 2021, 05:12:02 PM
> You have your tendril continue through the cavern, now starting to explore it rather than simply diving deeper down...

> "Sorry I'm late." You hear another person, as a similar figure to the vampire's rushes to her side, though with much weirder wings. "Where's Patchouli?"
> "Not here. Probably asleep or dealing with her own issues, if I had to guess." The vampire replies, forming a spear above her, before launching it at the drummer.
> The projectile pierces through the drums in the way, though the target grazes it just barely.
> Only for it to explode behind her and break the spell card.
> "You should go help Meiling and Sakuya." The vampire speaks. "I have this."
> "You clearly missed though! I had to help out." The weird winged one chimes. "I live at our mansion too, so I'll also help against them."
> "They seem to just be tools and ghosts. It won't be that bad if you end up breaking them."
> "...More disrespectful creatures." The drummer starts to prepare another spell card, this time forming two drums that immediately begin shooting danmaku and lasers from both ends, while also beginning to rotate.

> The red and white of the trio of musicians are supporting the violinist's attacks, which seems like it might be too much for the gatekeeper.
> The maid, meanwhile, appears to have beaten one of the other duo, but faced a loss against the other.
>_

//It seems like a plot hook
//Or does Neo not dangle hooks for players to follow?

//I was planning to harass by having the darkness take the shape of a pack of wolves and occasionally give them our darkness to shoot danmaku
//X has a vested interest in the mansion and Meiling already refused alliance. Wouldn't want to step on X's toes nor dishonor previous  agreements.

//OK

>Wait until Clownpiece wakes or the fairies of light interact with us or come out of their home
->Stop waiting if something interacts with us



> Make a good point of remembering  that on 1 hand Patchouli had been importantly helped out with "invested " interest during her and the Mansion's earlier struggles ,according to by relayed reports by Rumia X . On another hand her absence in this 2- side Tag-Team Groups Dueling  . On the final other hand the  the Fairly Vague + Unworried Question  ( by the ""Remilia-Related & WeirdWings 2nd Vampire" )"Where's Patchouli?" and the Fairly Vague + Unworried Answer ( by "Remilia the 1st Vampire )"Not here. Probably asleep or dealing with her own issues, if I had to guess."...

> Look over how the 2 defeated ones are supporting themselves without glossing over any Fairy Maids defeated or close to ; the Head-maid Sakuya ,especially her who is more well-disposed and in the known with us and without an immediate pair-up, and the Paired-Up  Instrument Girl are faring ... .

> Rather recently We were already //( Philosopher 's commands )// looking  out for particulars or particularities sorrounding Rumia X's Darkness   : are there no theme s or patterns of  Darkness  by Rumia X' or , potentially ,  by her "Darkness Fairy Pupil-Protegè" or ,even, another Youkai-Like  Unnatural  Darkness ?

> Concentrate in   "  locating & assessing Clearer Angles & Take-off Spaces alongside the Outer Line Dueling Encirclement" , at the same time detracting the just needed from "observing & overseeing the Scarlet Mansion The Big Teams Danmaku Duels " ,   for truly considering  a discreet & closely precise inspect about  " Giant Floating Building or Building-Linked  Silhouette "  ... since it has to be a Building or Building-linked...

> ... all the while in this or eventual similar search & research  :  no notice or traces or leftover traces of (other) Observers , Spectators , Curious Ones around in the ,as overviewable, Greater Misty Lake Area ?












Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on September 28, 2021, 02:49:36 PM
>Try feeling for X's darkness

>Use our ability to control darkness to write in front of Meiling, "WOULD YOU LIKE SOME HELP?  SAY ALOUD YES OR NO"
>Do not do this.
//I see no reason to get involved beyond observing.



> Make a good point of remembering  that on 1 hand Patchouli had been importantly helped out with "invested " interest during her and the Mansion's earlier struggles ,according to by relayed reports by Rumia X . On another hand her absence in this 2- side Tag-Team Groups Dueling  . On the final other hand the  the Fairly Vague + Unworried Question  ( by the ""Remilia-Related & WeirdWings 2nd Vampire" )"Where's Patchouli?" and the Fairly Vague + Unworried Answer ( by "Remilia the 1st Vampire )"Not here. Probably asleep or dealing with her own issues, if I had to guess."...

> Look over how the 2 defeated ones are supporting themselves without glossing over any Fairy Maids defeated or close to ; the Head-maid Sakuya ,especially her who is more well-disposed and in the known with us and without an immediate pair-up, and the Paired-Up  Instrument Girl are faring ... .

> Rather recently We were already //( Philosopher 's commands )// looking  out for particulars or particularities sorrounding Rumia X's Darkness   : are there no theme s or patterns of  Darkness  by Rumia X' or , potentially ,  by her "Darkness Fairy Pupil-Protegè" or ,even, another Youkai-Like  Unnatural  Darkness ?

> Concentrate in   "  locating & assessing Clearer Angles & Take-off Spaces alongside the Outer Line Dueling Encirclement" , at the same time detracting the just needed from "observing & overseeing the Scarlet Mansion The Big Teams Danmaku Duels " ,   for truly considering  a discreet & closely precise inspect about  " Giant Floating Building or Building-Linked  Silhouette "  ... since it has to be a Building or Building-linked...

> ... all the while in this or eventual similar search & research  :  no notice or traces or leftover traces of (other) Observers , Spectators , Curious Ones around in the ,as overviewable, Greater Misty Lake Area ?













> You try, and feel a bit of familiar darkness nearby for a moment, before you cant tell anymore.

> The musical duo and the maid are catching their breaths.
> "We had more fight in us than last time, didn't we? Wish we had the chance for a fairer fight." One of the two speaks.
> "Im used to working at night. There's nothing to blame but my lack of growth for falling now." The maid replies.
> "Are you sure? You seem more tired than a battle would do to someone."

> Something appears to be on the side of the object. Or perhaps its someone, as before they can leave it fully, they stop, and return to it.

> There doesn't appear to be any other observers at the lake apart from the two dueling groups. Though there are a few of the fairies from the forest you saw fighting the lake ones before starting to be visible near the lake area. There might be more behind them, but you're too far to notice.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Branneg Xy on October 02, 2021, 06:36:29 PM
> You try, and feel a bit of familiar darkness nearby for a moment, before you cant tell anymore.

> The musical duo and the maid are catching their breaths.
> "We had more fight in us than last time, didn't we? Wish we had the chance for a fairer fight." One of the two speaks.
> "Im used to working at night. There's nothing to blame but my lack of growth for falling now." The maid replies.
> "Are you sure? You seem more tired than a battle would do to someone."

> Something appears to be on the side of the object. Or perhaps its someone, as before they can leave it fully, they stop, and return to it.

> There doesn't appear to be any other observers at the lake apart from the two dueling groups. Though there are a few of the fairies from the forest you saw fighting the lake ones before starting to be visible near the lake area. There might be more behind them, but you're too far to notice.
>_

// Perphaps, if.more Fairies (mostly and likes those are of the group together with the"Mysterious Purple Woman who had passer and battled before through Misty Lake before alongside and against Fairies ")are gathering, soon we shall have to move our focus on the Forested Border Area of the Lake and the Tree Lines behind of it...  //

> Have we found a "reserved" angle or space that permit us to have a closer look to the object and the "someone" moving?

> If so begin a closer look-over and identification, and note their silhouette, behaviour and movements even if we are unable to get  closer.

> Keep observing the Duels and the Approaching. Fairies.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 03, 2021, 08:02:21 AM
>Bran
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 03, 2021, 08:40:43 AM
>Branneg
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 03, 2021, 09:07:14 PM
>Create a spellcard
->Name: Twilight Sign: Shadows of the past
->A card that focuses on using shadow manipulations to create facsimiles of dead warriors with those mounted flying in the sky after our foes
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 04, 2021, 12:00:10 AM
// Perphaps, if.more Fairies (mostly and likes those are of the group together with the"Mysterious Purple Woman who had passer and battled before through Misty Lake before alongside and against Fairies ")are gathering, soon we shall have to move our focus on the Forested Border Area of the Lake and the Tree Lines behind of it...  //

> Have we found a "reserved" angle or space that permit us to have a closer look to the object and the "someone" moving?

> If so begin a closer look-over and identification, and note their silhouette, behaviour and movements even if we are unable to get  closer.

> Keep observing the Duels and the Approaching. Fairies.
>Bran
>Branneg
>Create a spellcard
->Name: Twilight Sign: Shadows of the past
->A card that focuses on using shadow manipulations to create facsimiles of dead warriors with those mounted flying in the sky after our foes
> You have not found a better angle yet.
> You consider a spell card. It'd be better to try it out when you have time than to declare it in a battle before you even know if you can repeat the pattern.

> The approaching group doesn't seem to get any closer.
> "Your group doesn't appear to have much synergy with each other." The drummer speaks, shooting off danmaku of her own while the drums are still making plenty of danmaku in the arena.
> "If this were one on one, w-we'd have won by now!" The crystal winged one reasons, trying her best to dodge, but getting hit quite a bit.
> "I'd have to admit..." The vampire sighs, seemingly without much scratches on her outfit yet compared to the others. "It's our loss. For my residents living together to have less cooperation than your group isn't even a graceful defeat."
> The drummer stops her spell card. "You two were incredibly strong and fast. I didn't expect my patterns to work out."
> "Sorry for dragging you down, sis... If this weren't spell card rules, we-"
> "We'd need the cooperation of our recent allies." The vampire interrupts. "Her rhythm may not be impossible to break from, but it is difficult enough that an actual battle would be our loss without the others."
> "Recent allies?" The drummer questions.

> After the vampire's call, the gate guard against the musical trio begins forming a sort of whirlpool out of energy.
> The trio's attacks only seem to get caught up, until they stop their attacks as well.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 04, 2021, 12:23:15 AM
>Continue observing.

Prime:
>Check on our party.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 04, 2021, 03:19:53 AM
Contingency:
>Try out our idea for a spellcard

>Have the Tendrils of Shadow creep into the stone and hollow out a room

Shadow Realm:
>Take the stone shape it to look like a diorama of Gensokyo.
"Shadow, who are we on good terms with prior to the sealing that would freely tell us our history?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 04, 2021, 03:22:33 AM
Contingency:
>Try out our idea for a spellcard
>Make sure we're not underground for this, as well as in a spacious and remote enough location to avoid attracting/hitting unwanted attention.
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 05, 2021, 01:04:03 PM
>Continue observing.

Prime:
>Check on our party.
Contingency:
>Try out our idea for a spellcard

>Have the Tendrils of Shadow creep into the stone and hollow out a room

Shadow Realm:
>Take the stone shape it to look like a diorama of Gensokyo.
"Shadow, who are we on good terms with prior to the sealing that would freely tell us our history?"
>Make sure we're not underground for this, as well as in a spacious and remote enough location to avoid attracting/hitting unwanted attention.
> "Yes. A group of individuals hard to best outside of danmaku. Though they don't seem intent on winning this competition as much as the others. They are gathering forces, still. Hm, why don't you lot join?" The vampire questions.
> "We Don't intend on letting a fairy sit at the top, but if that's not your goal, maybe..."
> "Would you like to discuss it with the head of us and our allies?"
> "...Yeah. I need more information than just this."
> "Then..."
> A darkness passage opens up near the vampire - must be X Rumia's... The drummer heads in without further question, seemingly confident?

> Once again, only Junko is awake.

> You try to put the spell card into practice...
> The result is... Terribly sloppy. You can't even attack your "target" for this time well, let alone even make the soldiers properly. They look like they're worse off than how a dead person would be. Are they melting? To miss a stationary target this much and be unable to manipulate your own darkness well...

> You dig out a room in the underground.
> "Uh... Sendai... Yukari... No one else comes up." Shadow answers.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 05, 2021, 09:22:19 PM
Prime:
>"Are you having a hard time getting to sleep?"

Contingency:
>Look around for any peeping Tom's
>Try again, but this time focus on our soldiers.

Shadow Realm
>"That's a surprise.  I'd have thought we had more connections."

>How hard is it for us to maintain mental clarity with all these bodies?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 06, 2021, 01:57:12 PM
Prime:
>"Are you having a hard time getting to sleep?"

Contingency:
>Look around for any peeping Tom's
>Try again, but this time focus on our soldiers.

Shadow Realm
>"That's a surprise.  I'd have thought we had more connections."

>How hard is it for us to maintain mental clarity with all these bodies?
> "I don't need to." Junko replies. "Are you?"

> You scan the area... No eavesdroppers...
> And try to change up your efforts on it.

> No response in your realm.

> It doesn't hinder you from too much. But concentrating on a specific task is all but impossible. You don't think you can make a spell card you've never even done before like this.

> The vampire begins to follow, but the passage starts to close quickly.
> Before you can notice if she makes it through or not, your consciousness suddenly fails.

> "Perfect." You hear a voice. "Neo was a bit harder since she was more cautious and focused, but she was trying to rest nonetheless, so it was bound to be smooth. But you, Softy." Speaks what you believe to be your own voice? "Scattering your focus so much. Neglecting rest and not even eating any humans to make up for your greater hunger. You gave the perfect opportunities to put you to sleep, no matter how hard you resisted it. Now I get to have a little fun..."
> With such words, finally, something appears in the darkness. Yourself - just with no ribbon.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 06, 2021, 02:33:53 PM
>"We were a trinity!  So, that must mean you're the ghost."
->"Right, so would you please wake me up when the fairies realize that I covered their tree and it is actually morning?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 06, 2021, 04:10:01 PM
>"We were a trinity!  So, that must mean you're the ghost."
->"Right, so would you please wake me up when the fairies realize that I covered their tree and it is actually morning?"
> "No you fool, im the other part of you. Your instincts, suppressed Because you don't want to eat as much. When you were asleep after being unsealed - those sightings of you people like Marisa claim - was me. But you seem less incompetent than you lead on. So, ill cut the joking, Softy. I guess you can call me the ghost, since im only the original energy and memories of the old you. I was gonna joke around about being evil you, since youre the softest of the bunch, but let's cut to the tips. You already pretty much rememeber how to get to the outside world."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 06, 2021, 04:19:56 PM
>Raise an eyebrow.
>"...So you just wanted to give me advice? Not  hijack our body in my sleep or anything like that?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 06, 2021, 04:43:14 PM
>Raise an eyebrow.
>"...So you just wanted to give me advice? Not  hijack our body in my sleep or anything like that?"
> "I was going to say I was, as a joke to scare you. I am in control, though. But I'm just having you rest since you arent eating enough to stay energized and focused 24/7 with your energy usage."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 06, 2021, 04:52:55 PM
>"Heh, yeah, after getting the seal off I've been trying too much and stretching myself too thin."

>Yawn
-> If no one objects then sleep
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 06, 2021, 05:03:14 PM
>Don't sleep yet.

>"Well as long as my current investments and constructs aren't negated due to having to rest and you aren't using our body for some malicious purpose I suppose I'm fine with that..."

>"Though if you can wrest control from me like that, then I have to ask: Why give me advice at all, and why wait all this time? Surely if you're the old me, or what's left of her, I'd imagine you'd probably want to be the one in control, or at least get rid of me. Especially since my 'softer' approach to things has gotten us few positive results..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 07, 2021, 12:22:24 AM
>"Heh, yeah, after getting the seal off I've been trying too much and stretching myself too thin."

>Yawn
-> If no one objects then sleep
>Don't sleep yet.

>"Well as long as my current investments and constructs aren't negated due to having to rest and you aren't using our body for some malicious purpose I suppose I'm fine with that..."

>"Though if you can wrest control from me like that, then I have to ask: Why give me advice at all, and why wait all this time? Surely if you're the old me, or what's left of her, I'd imagine you'd probably want to be the one in control, or at least get rid of me. Especially since my 'softer' approach to things has gotten us few positive results..."
> "I have my reasons. Don't worry about them."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 08, 2021, 09:05:41 AM
>Sis is weary of you, why?
->Spirit must see myself as much easier to manipulate than X.

>Give an easygoing smile
>"Well, ok."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 08, 2021, 09:16:13 AM
>(Well that doesn't sound ominous at all...)
>Can we feel our connection to shadow like this?
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 08, 2021, 02:49:27 PM
>Sis is weary of you, why?
->Spirit must see myself as much easier to manipulate than X.

>Give an easygoing smile
>"Well, ok."
>(Well that doesn't sound ominous at all...)
>Can we feel our connection to shadow like this?
> "Im no enemy. Just someone not wanting to have what we started to forget going to waste. And Neo is cautious in general. Starting to remind me of Yukari. Im bothering her like this too - which im sure she must be upset with considering what i pulled her out of in the middle of."
> You wonder if she knows what X Rumia is doing, too, despite you not being as capable of such.

> Not... Really? Ot feels weak.
> "Ah yeah, by the way. Since Neo is still us in a way, her stunt with separating her shadow so it can just be yours shook things a bit. Itll feel like its loosely connected to you, but it'll go back to normal over time. Maybe even better than your normal was, since itd be closer to a shadow of how the current you is.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 08, 2021, 08:48:19 PM
>"Do you know if the curse the Moriya God used on me affected Neo?"

>Stroke our chin
->"That's a shame.  I'd have preferred the both of us to differentiate more from the sealed us."

>Grin while shrugging our shoulders
->"It is no use dwelling on what is already done."

>"Perhaps you could teach me what I have forgotten in my dreams when I slumber."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 09, 2021, 08:11:11 PM
>"Do you know if the curse the Moriya God used on me affected Neo?"

>Stroke our chin
->"That's a shame.  I'd have preferred the both of us to differentiate more from the sealed us."

>Grin while shrugging our shoulders
->"It is no use dwelling on what is already done."

>"Perhaps you could teach me what I have forgotten in my dreams when I slumber."
> " Doesn't feel like we're still cursed."
> " To start with, since youre going after those fairies, like that light one. We manipulate darkness. Shadows count too. The more things you place between her light, the more shadows should get cast, and the more you have available to work with. You can also block out normal light from your darkness, and even trap it within, or only allow a certain amount to pass.
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 10, 2021, 08:18:08 AM
>"Seems easy enough to understand. You said that I was also on the right track to remembering how to pass the barrier too, right?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 11, 2021, 01:04:28 AM
>"Seems easy enough to understand. You said that I was also on the right track to remembering how to pass the barrier too, right?"
> "Yes. But for once, I can't really support your multitasking methods. Unless you're better than we were before, you won't be able to get through with your focus split so much."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 11, 2021, 03:12:02 AM
>"So what you're saying is that to pass the barrier is basically an 'all or nothing' situation with regards to committing my--er, our--mass to the task?"
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 12, 2021, 04:51:04 AM
>"So what you're saying is that to pass the barrier is basically an 'all or nothing' situation with regards to committing my--er, our--mass to the task?"
> "Pretty much."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 12, 2021, 08:10:00 AM
>"Gee that's a bit of a bummer, then..."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 12, 2021, 01:18:46 PM
>"Gee that's a bit of a bummer, then..."
> "Cry about it then. Or maybe stay in Gensokyo. Neo doesn't have any issue with this. In fact, she isn't even interested in the outside world as much compared to the other ones."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 15, 2021, 05:12:57 AM
>Sleep
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 15, 2021, 05:45:23 AM
>Do not.

//We technically are already anyway.

>"To be fair the only reason I'm interested in going out there right now is so that I don't have to wait for an outsider to randomly wander in anyway."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 17, 2021, 03:31:25 AM
>Sleep
>Do not.

//We technically are already anyway.

>"To be fair the only reason I'm interested in going out there right now is so that I don't have to wait for an outsider to randomly wander in anyway."
> "So... impatience?"
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 17, 2021, 04:27:33 AM
>"Moreso that humans are seemingly the best satisfaction for hunger needs, and for obvious reasons preying on the villagers is out of the question."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Neovereign on October 19, 2021, 05:20:58 AM
>"Moreso that humans are seemingly the best satisfaction for hunger needs, and for obvious reasons preying on the villagers is out of the question."
> "And you think the outside world is easier pickings? Humans that wander into Gensokyo are almost always lost, so you could immediately converge on them. Meanwhile, in the outside world, you need to wait. And plan. And get lucky. People are almost never alone nor in the dark. And usually, soon after someone goes missing, others go on alert and places start becoming off limits and much less frequented. Or you could attack someone in broad daylight, and see how well that does you."
>_
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Philosopher on October 19, 2021, 07:09:48 AM
>"I didn't know what to expect except more humans."

>Give a small Shrug
>"I thought they likely still had homeless and undesirables who no one would miss."
Title: Re: Rumia Quest - Another
Post by: Evil_Nazgul0616 on October 19, 2021, 07:16:18 AM
>"What? Do you expect me to hunt so recklessly if I went to the outside world? I may lack some of our prior knowledge, but I'm not stupid."