Maidens of the Kaleidoscope

~Beyond the Border~ => Rumia's Party Games => Topic started by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 12, 2021, 02:20:07 PM

Title: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 12, 2021, 02:20:07 PM
>There are many beings in Gensokyo, some cause an incredible impact on the world, while others just exist with no impact either in life or in death, like driftwood.
>You are the latter, or at least similar. You can't say you've ever made a large impact in Gensokyo, or any personal lives for that matter. You could say that your Existence is Minor.

>But you don't want to be less than a footnote in a book, you want to rise from an insignificant status and be known to Gensokyo! If not the entirety of Gensokyo then at least a small part of it! Yes, that is your ambition. It’s vain, but you need something to push you, and fame sounds like a good place to start.

>But First: What are you?

>Fairy: An entity representing an aspect of nature. You like playing pranks and overall goofing off, but you know when to get serious. You want to create a name for yourself, and make that name known to everyone in your area! And maybe even farther than that!

>Divine Spirit: …Well you are not really a Divine Spirit, but people don’t need to know that. Some people call your kind Yokurei or Zokurei, A greedy spirit born from desires. But you want to shed that title and become a god, an established one, and drink in that wonderful Faith you’ve been starved of. Part of that requires being well-known.

>Beast Youkai: A type of youkai. You have abilities reminiscent of your originating species and don’t like it when your kind get hurt, if your name gets around then you and none of your kind will be hurt. That’s a good plus that fame comes with. What beast are you, anyway?

>Write In: …Oh you’re something never seen before? That ought to make you stand out. You’ll take Gensokyo by storm at this rate.

#Okay this is the first time I've ever written anything, so I hope this goes well or I can improve.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: NucleusWaffles on June 12, 2021, 03:19:52 PM
>Beast Youkai

Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 12, 2021, 03:27:51 PM
#Ooh, one thing I should've noted. If you choose Beast Youkai, you can choose what beast you originate from. If the votes don't specify or if the Species of beasts reach a tie, then the type of Beast will be chosen at random between the votes given.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 12, 2021, 07:22:26 PM
//Proto-youkai

Edit:
>Beast Youkai
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 13, 2021, 10:38:52 AM
>Beast Youkai
>Beast Youkai

#Beast Youkai was chosen with no specification, random species it is.

>Your insignificant existence is set.
>You are a Beast Youkai.

>You wake up in the Youkai Mountains.
>You've been here for a while. You don't bother anyone here, so none of Tengu or Kappa bother you.
>Though, for some reason you're attracted to this place. Like this feels like your natural habitat.
>You seem to be in a small clearing with almost no-one and nothing except trees around you.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 13, 2021, 11:07:05 AM
//Ahh missed the type of beast youkai
//If we can still choose

>Kama itachi

>Sniff the air
>Do we smell any intruders in our territory?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 13, 2021, 03:28:40 PM
//Ahh missed the type of beast youkai
//If we can still choose

>Kama itachi
#Unfortunately, decisions can't be changed when the results are posted
>Sniff the air
>Do we smell any intruders in our territory?

>You sniff the air
>You smell someone.
>After a short flight upwards to scout, you see a green-haired woman in a red dress performing a dance with a lot of rotations...
>You easily recognise her as  Hina Kagiyama
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 13, 2021, 03:52:50 PM
>Examine ourselves
>What kind of beast youkai are we?

>inventory
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 13, 2021, 06:23:07 PM
>Examine ourselves
>What kind of beast youkai are we?

>You create a mental image of yourself...
>You are wearing what seems to be a Yukata with a white and grey pattern reminiscent of insect scales, with no headwear.
>You have light-grey hair that's fashioned straight, and goes down to your neck.
>You seem to have Moth-like attributes. Antenna, and Wings. Someone could mistake the wings for a cape if they didn't know any better.

>inventory
>You decide take inventory...
>Your default outfit: A Yukata with a white and grey pattern reminiscent of insect scales, with no headwear.
>A Lantern that you power using minor sorcery, you like the brightness of the light! Occasionally used in Spell Card Duels.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 13, 2021, 07:17:07 PM
>Do we have any magic or abilities related to spirits?

>Land in front of Hina
>Wait for her to finish her dance.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 13, 2021, 11:11:00 PM
>Do we have any magic or abilities related to spirits?

>Around a decade ago, there was this one Incident where a bunch of spirits were everywhere. During that Incident, a lot of spirits were attracted to you for some reason and you had a large feeling of hunger.
>After that Incident was resolved there weren't any spirits attracted to you, and your hunger subsided. Maybe the amount of spirits on the Youkai Mountain are low outside of these Incidents?
>As far as you know, apart from that Incident, you don't have any abilities or magic related to spirits.
>But it is worth investigating...

>Land in front of Hina
>Wait for her to finish her dance.

>You land in front of Hina and wait for her to finish dancing.
>The dance was surprisingly graceful and exciting! You always look at it from afar, so you didn't notice the details in her movement until now.
>While she's dancing you also notice the aura of Misfortune surrounding her. Right, this is why you only watch from afar...
>A small while later, Hina stops, and the aura only stays on her person. She noticed you while she was dancing.
>She gives you a smile and says "Hello! So, did you enjoy the dance? Or did you wait near me for a different reason?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 14, 2021, 12:12:29 AM
>Clap our hands together and grin.

>"The dance was a joy to behold, Miss Hina."

>"My original reason was to see if you have any errands that you needed someone to do."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 14, 2021, 12:56:38 PM
>Clap our hands together and grin.

>"The dance was a joy to behold, Miss Hina."

>Hina blushes and makes a small bow. Looks like people don't always appreciate the fine arts, what a shame!

>"My original reason was to see if you have any errands that you needed someone to do."

>Hina ponders. "Hmm...Ah! I do have an issue to deal with. But you could take care of it!"
>"Recently, the Nagashi-Bina Dolls I collect have been stolen. These contain the accumulated misfortune of multiple people, so you probably understand how dangerous this is! I was going to search for them myself, but if you can do it then I would be very grateful!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 14, 2021, 05:00:54 PM
>"I will try my best."

>"Could I see the crime scene and have you found any clues  to the culprit's identity?"

>What abilities do we have?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 14, 2021, 07:22:54 PM
>"I will try my best."

>Hina gives you a beaming smile. "Thank you very much... uh, Missus...uh..." Her face turns into a confused, pondering look.
>Oh, she doesn't seem to know your name.
>Wait, your name?

>What is your name?

>You have a name, you can scream it to Bhava-agra! (Write in your name)
>Run through your memory for a name or words that fit you. #I'll make one for you
>"J-Just call me whatever you want!" (Characters will nickname you based on their impressions)

>After clarifying this problem, you move on to your question.

>"Could I see the crime scene and have you found any clues  to the culprit's identity?"

>"Sure!"
>You follow Hina through the Great Youkai Forest until you reach a river.

>"The humans transfer their Misfortune into a Hina Doll and send them to be carried away by the river. I collect them from here and then transfer the Misfortune to me and my surroundings, that's about as simple as I can explain Nagashi-Bina."
>"The dolls were most likely taken from here. No footprints apart from mine were here so it has to be someone who flies often. But this is Gensokyo so that doesn't narrow it down much. I can rule out the Tengu and Autumn gods at least, they have no conceivable reason to steal these dolls."
>"I did find several wilted flower petals around the area, so we can also narrow it down to 'people who carry flowers often'. Can't think of many people who fit that description and would want to steal the Dolls, but one possible culprit are Fairies."
>"Fairies often do actions on their own capricious whims, so they could have very well just stolen them because they thought it was fun."

>What abilities do we have?

>A few talents you've noticed:
>You can eat almost anything, from animals, to fruit, to the bark of the tree the fruit came from, to the foundation that the tree grew from.
>You can summon and manipulate Moth-like creatures that also have the trait of eating anything, even stranger, when they eat something you feel less hungry.
>This interests you quite a bit, and you would like to investigate further when you can.

>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 14, 2021, 09:35:17 PM
>"Please call me whatever you want!"

>"Do you still have petals?"
>Sniff to tell who has been here
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 14, 2021, 11:23:26 PM
>"Please call me whatever you want!"

>"Do you still have petals?"
>Sniff to tell who has been here

>"I'm sorry Miss Detective. I wasn't prudent enough to pick up the flower petals, but they're still there, near the river."
>You look near the river and you see the flower petals.
>You sniff the air.
> It smells like...Misfortune? Misfortune has a really unique smell, but you don't think you should be able to smell it. It smells similar to Hina, for obvious reasons, and it's a bit pungent in this area. The petals also have Misfortune mixed with an unidentifiable scent in it.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 15, 2021, 02:58:26 AM
>"It is fortunate you didn't throw the petals away."

>Pick up some of the petals
->Do we recognize the flowers?

>If choosing between the flower shop in the human village or Yuuka which do we believe would be safer?

>"Would the dolls currently be leaking misfortune?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 15, 2021, 12:35:33 PM
>"It is fortunate you didn't throw the petals away."

>Pick up some of the petals
->Do we recognize the flowers?

>You pick up the petals and attempt to examine the flowers.
>The Petals look like they came from roses, and there's a mix of White and Red petals.

>If choosing between the flower shop in the human village or Yuuka which do we believe would be safer?

>"Would the dolls currently be leaking misfortune?"

>You don't know much about the Human Village, you have heard that some Youkai do shop there sometimes. Seems like all you need to do is not make a ruckus and the Villagers will stomach your existence.
>Yuuka...You've heard of her and the Garden of the Sun, though you mostly have rumours. As far as you know, Yuuka is incredibly sadistic to those who disturb the plants in her Garden, but if you can have a conversation with her without damaging the flowers then she's surprisingly amicable. These are just rumours you've heard though.
>The Human Village is safer for sure, you just need to lay low a bit. Meanwhile, with Yuuka you need to approach her without getting killed, which, considering this is Yuuka...
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 15, 2021, 02:33:50 PM
>Can we smell that unidentifiable smell in the air?

>"I'll keep you informed about any major breaks in the case."

>If we can smell the unidentified smell in the air follow it
->Otherwise head to the human village
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 15, 2021, 04:46:45 PM
>Can we smell that unidentifiable smell in the air?

>"I'll keep you informed about any major breaks in the case."

>If we can smell the unidentified smell in the air follow it
->Otherwise head to the human village

>Yea, you can smell it.
>While you prep to leave, Hina cheers you on. "Good luck on the investigation, Detective!"
>You follow the scent, gliding through The Great Youkai Forest.
>The scent stops at a clearing, not much is notable about it, but one of the trees are completely dead.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 15, 2021, 05:29:09 PM
>Is the tree covered in misfortune?
->If not knock on the tree and listen for any hollow areas
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 15, 2021, 06:09:14 PM
>Is the tree covered in misfortune?
->If not knock on the tree and listen for any hollow areas

>None that you notice.
>You knock on the tree, up and down, all around. You hear a higher pitched knock than usual in a spot near the top of the tree.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 15, 2021, 07:47:39 PM
>Investigate the area that sounded different

>If we don't find anything

>"If there is anyone using this tree as lodging, I recommend coming out now before my familiars eat their way in!"

>Summon some familiars

 >If no one responds
->Wait ten seconds
-->Have our familiars eat the part of the tree with a higher pitch.

Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 15, 2021, 08:57:05 PM
>Investigate the area that sounded different

>You investigate the area that sounded different.
>You find nothing, not a hole, a window, or anything that could work as an entrance. But this tree is way too suspicious to just be higher pitched naturally.
>So you rely on more confrontational tactics...

>If we don't find anything

>"If there is anyone using this tree as lodging, I recommend coming out now before my familiars eat their way in!"

>Summon some familiars

 >If no one responds
->Wait ten seconds
-->Have our familiars eat the part of the tree with a higher pitch.

>Even after your threat, no-one answers, looks like they know how to act under pressure. But how about this much pressure?
>You summon your Familiars, prepare yourself for a meal, and eat the suspicious part of the tree.
>While this happens, you hear a small girl's voice shout from the tree, in a panicked tone. "A-alright! We'll come out, but we have a problem!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 15, 2021, 09:34:09 PM
>Stop your familiars

>"Is your problem related to why you're living in a dead tree?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 15, 2021, 10:13:12 PM
>Stop your familiars

>"Is your problem related to why you're living in a dead tree?"

>You stop them.
>"Eh, well, kind of!"
>"You see, we saw these pretty cool looking dolls near the river and thought that someone must've lost them, so hey, finders-keepers! But when we came back here we noticed this weird purple fog was coming out of the dolls! Then the tree and our flowers started to die off! We're not experts on this but we're pretty sure if we open up, then that fog is going to spread everywhere, that can't be good!"
>Another voice interjects. "You do know you just admitted to stealing, right?"
>"Hey, it's not stealing if the person lost it! That's what finders-keepers is about, right?! And besides, look at the situation we're in! We need all the help we can get!"
>Huh, most likely multiple culprits.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 15, 2021, 11:54:24 PM
>"Given that the humans discarded the dolls it is easy to argue they weren't stolen."

>"Miss Hina is more concerned about the fog."

>If we think we or our familiars can possibly eat the misfortune
->Hold out two fingers
-->"There are two options I see for you."
--->"One, I could fetch Miss Hina, a pro at purifying the mist, and she could purify the your home and make sure  there are no lingering effects."
---->"Ooor I could try to E. . ."
----->Cough
------>"Purify the fog then when I return the dolls to Miss Hina you could ask her to check yourselves for any lingering fog."

>If we don't think we can eat the misfortune
->"Please stay put, I'll return with Miss Hina who should easily be able purify the fog."
-->Return to Hina
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 16, 2021, 12:44:41 AM
>"Given that the humans discarded the dolls it is easy to argue they weren't stolen."

>"Miss Hina is more concerned about the fog."

>If we think we or our familiars can possibly eat the misfortune

>That's preposterous, why would you be able to- wait...
>If you can eat anything, literally anything that you've come across, then why not Misfortune? You can at least try. You're swelling with confidence!

->Hold out two fingers
-->"There are two options I see for you."
--->"One, I could fetch Miss Hina, a pro at purifying the mist, and she could purify the your home and make sure  there are no lingering effects."
---->"Ooor I could try to E. . ."
----->Cough
------>"Purify the fog then when I return the dolls to Miss Hina you could ask her to check yourselves for any lingering fog."

>The Suspects in the tree seem elated at the offer. "Anything that could help us get out of here faster!"
>"And safely, don't forget safely!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 16, 2021, 02:23:51 AM
>"Of course, I just need to allow me into the tree."

>Go inside if they let us in.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 16, 2021, 07:23:32 AM
>"Of course, I just need to allow me into the tree."

>"No, well, you see, that's the problem! I'm pretty sure you'll get hit with this fog as well. There's so much of the stuff in here, that if we open up, it'll explode like a container of pressurized gas!"
>"That was a surprisingly smart simile, for you.
>"You can still try, just prepare yourself for a storm when we open up!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 16, 2021, 03:34:32 PM
>Summon some more familiars
>Order them to eat any of the fog that leaks out.

>"Please, direct me to the door."

>In front of the door get on our hands and feet and get ready to throw and jump through.
->"Alright on the count of three."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 16, 2021, 04:26:58 PM
>Summon some more familiars
>Order them to eat any of the fog that leaks out.

>"Please, direct me to the door."

>In front of the door get on our hands and feet and get ready to throw and jump through.
->"Alright on the count of three."

>You summon more familiars, you need to be prepared.
>"Okay, the 'door' is at the place you knocked earlier. There's not really a door there, we open and close this place with our ability. So get ready!"
>You and your familiars get in front of the 'door', and you prepare yourself for expeditious flight.
>"Okay! One! Two! Three! Go!"

>A hole opens up right in front of you and two small figures speed out as you and your familiars rush in.
>You admit, this is risky, can you really eat Misfortune? It's usually intangible and invisible unless in this form...
>As you bite in you find out, yes you can eat Misfortune. And it's delicious.
>It's like a Bittersweet snack made by a confectioner who's skills approach a god! The more you bite in, the more you want! And the texture! In this form, Misfortune is like a Cotton Candy that melts in your mouth and is easy to swallow! You don't think you could ever get tired of this!


>Once you're done 'Cleaning the plate' so to speak, you look around, finding your familiars eating some leftovers and 4 Hina Dolls on the floor.
>Now that the misfortune is cleared, you can also tell that the tree seems bigger on the inside than the outside. But 2 voices interrupt your thoughts.
>"Hey, are you done in there? We kind of like that tree."
>"But can I even regenerate it from this?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 16, 2021, 06:49:41 PM
>Wipe our mouth

>Swipe the dolls

>"The fog is gone.  Though I would recommend seeing Miss Hina before doing anything with your tree."

>"That fog was actually misfortune."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 16, 2021, 07:58:05 PM
>Wipe our mouth

>Swipe the dolls

>"The fog is gone.  Though I would recommend seeing Miss Hina before doing anything with your tree."

>"That fog was actually misfortune."

>You clean yourself, this was an enlightening meal!
>You grab the Dolls. Now you can return them to Hina.
>"Okay. but, uh, who's Hina, Moth Lady?"
>The other culprit answers for you. "She's that Misfortune Goddess, remember?"
>"Oh, right! That explains the Misfortune! I didn't know it was stored in Dolls..."
>"Anyway, we don't know where Hina is so could we follow you to her, Purifier?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 17, 2021, 12:42:18 AM
>"Of course."
>Lead the fairies back to where we last saw Hina
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 17, 2021, 09:02:13 AM
>"Of course."
>Lead the fairies back to where we last saw Hina

>"All right, after your lead!"
>You lead the fairies to your last known location of Hina, The River.
>While flying there, you decide to examine the culprits.
>>The culprit on your right side has a pair semi-transparent wings and is wearing a red dress with no discernible details other than an accessory that looks like a worm in her brown hair. Yep, definitely a Fairy.
>>The culprit on your left looks similar, with the same pair of non-descript wings, but with a black dress that shifts to brown near the bottom, and black hair. A duo of thieves. You have heard of fairies working together, but not often to the point of sharing the same house, in the Great Youkai Forest no less.

>Thankfully, Hina was still at the riverside crime scene. You approach her with the two fae perpetrators in tow.
>She notices you and seems worried in both expression and tone. "You're back! You did find the Dolls, right?! And I'm guessing those are the thieves behind you? They're covered in Misfortune!"
>You do a once-over of the fairies and find that they do have that Purple Aura of Misfortune. You briefly consider licking it off them, but that would be awkward and probably slower compared to Hina's Ritual.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 17, 2021, 11:57:55 AM
>Present the dolls to Hina

>"The dolls expelled a miasma of misfortune that killed plant life inside their home."
>"I did my best to purify their home before we came back."

>Turn to the fairies
>"I apologize I never got your names."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 17, 2021, 01:32:29 PM
>Present the dolls to Hina

>"The dolls expelled a miasma of misfortune that killed plant life inside their home."

>She takes the dolls and looks at them for damage, seems there's none because she doesn't panic.
>She nods understandingly. "Yes, large, dense Misfortune tends to do that." She seems unsurprised, like she expected this.
>Your next statement shocks her however...
>"I did my best to purify their home before we came back."
>Wait, did you just say you purified it of Misfortune?! How did you, especially a Youkai- no...That's a question for later. I'll check their house for any remnants."

>Turn to the fairies
>"I apologize I never got your names."

>The Black-Haired Fairy jumps at the offer to explain. "Eheh, glad you asked!"
>The Brown-Haired one seems unenthused, however. "C'mon, are we really going to do that? It's not even accurate."
>"We are going to do it! We need to practice it anyway!"
>The fae-folk then launch into a speech/explanation that you're pretty sure is choreographed.

>"I, the Black Apple, can cause and control decomposition. The natural death of all living things lay in my hands. All who oppose me shall wither into dust."
>"I, the Worm in Red, can cause and control regeneration. The rebirth of life is within my reach. I shall save all who join us and stave off the Shinigami's Gaze."
>"Together we control life and death, our potential is unfathomable, and our power is unstoppable!"
>You're pretty sure they're overplaying their power just a bit...

>Hina interrupts the performance before it gets more grandiose. "So why did you steal the Dolls?"
>The Black-Haired one, 'Black Apple', has no defence. "Uh, well, you see-"
>The Brown-Haired one, 'Worm in Red', saves her. "We didn't know that you store your Misfortune in Dolls and thought that someone just lost them. We apologise for our accidental larceny."
>Hina doesn't seem calm however. "Just an apology won't fix this! You saw for yourself what kind of impact Misfortune could have! What if you accidentally cursed someone else, or caused all the plant-life to die off! A disaster could've happened because you couldn't keep your hands to yourselves."
>Black Apple seems genuinely remorseful. "We're really, really sorry about it Miss Hina!"
>Hina starts thinking. "Yes, that's good, it shows a potential for reformation. I'll think about your punishment after dispelling your Misfortune and checking your house. Don't worry, despite my outburst, it won't be extremely harsh... Probably."

>"Detective, I'm leaving to check the Fairies house to dispel it of any remnants and then cure their Misfortune. Want to join me? I'd like you to explain how you purified it."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 17, 2021, 05:13:25 PM
>"I'd be delighted to join you."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 17, 2021, 07:31:12 PM
>"I'd be delighted to join you."

>"Okay, Fairies, lead the way."
>The Fairies lead you and Hina back to their Treehouse. You decide to take a mental note of where it is, just in case you need to come back later.
>"Alright, welcome back to the Shrine of Life and Death!"
>"I forgot you were calling it that."
>"'We', 'we' are calling it that!"

>Hina does a thorough examination of the area in and around the Tree, or Shrine, or whatever.
>"My analysis is complete."
>"It seems that there is only residual Misfortune outside the tree, should be easy enough to purify. But first."
>Hina pulls out 2 Dolls, holds them in her left hand and touches the Fairies with the other. The Aura of Misfortune around them moves from them, to Hina's hand, and finally into the Dolls.
>"Okay, that's done. Now, one thing I noticed was that there was no Misfortune inside the Tree itself."
>"Okay, first of all, it's the Shrine, and that's the place the Purifier cleared up."
>"Uh, Purifier?" Hina realises what Worm meant. "That only creates another question. Detective, how did you purify the tree of all its Misfortune?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 17, 2021, 07:45:22 PM
>Give an embarrassed chuckle
>"Purify might have been overstatement.
 I ate the misfortune."

>"I can show you, if you want a demonstration."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 17, 2021, 08:23:17 PM
>Give an embarrassed chuckle
>"Purify might have been overstatement.
 I ate the misfortune."

>"I can show you, if you want a demonstration."

>Hina gives you an astonished look. "...This is getting more incredible by the second. I need to see this."
>She pulls out one of the Dolls she used for the fairies, pulls out its Misfortune until it becomes a thin fog in front of her, and takes a step back.
>"Okay, Dig in..."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 17, 2021, 10:16:59 PM
>Can we touch the misfortune with our hands?

>Eat the misfortune, but savor the flavour
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 17, 2021, 11:00:51 PM
>Can we touch the misfortune with our hands?

>You swipe your hand through the fog, and it passes right through, acting like regular fog. This is honestly a bit disappointing, you don't like it when food tries to evade you, especially when it tastes as good as this. You can probably make up for the lack of grip with Moth Familiars though.

>Eat the misfortune, but savor the flavour

>You eat the Bittersweet Nectar of Misery and Adversity, savouring the soft texture as the flavour explodes in your mouth.
>Hina is taking mental notes in awe while watching.

>You (unfortunately) finish your meal, and Hina speaks up.
>"By my observations, you completely consumed all of the Misfortune. And I don't sense any Misfortune above the normal amount within you. This just leaves the questions."
>"First, do you feel any different now? Second, did you have to focus to eat it? Third," Hina's face shifts to embarrassment. "How does Misfortune taste?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 17, 2021, 11:25:18 PM
>Take a moment to take stock of ourself

>Besides less hungry do we feel any different?

>Did the misfortune go down our throat like other food?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 18, 2021, 09:08:26 AM
>Take a moment to take stock of ourself

>You decide to do some introspection...
   >Hunger:
   
>>Hunger represents how full your stomach is, it powers any extremely taxing feats and Spell-Cards you may use. If this gets low enough you perform sub-optimally.
Thankfully, you have a large stomach and due to your...Novel purification methods, you won't be going hungry soon.


>Danmaku Expertise: Level 1
>>DE represents your experience in Danmaku, it influences your ability to dodge, predict enemy movements, and your imagination for Spell Cards. This grows based on how you resolve quests or incidents

>Investigation: Level 2
>> Investigation represents your abilities in Memory-Recollection, Visual or Verbal Tics in others, and influences how much detail you see in your surroundings on a first glance. This grows based on how you resolve quests or incidents

>Special Ability: Level 2
>>Capable of Consuming anything: This surprisingly includes Misfortune.

>>>This represents your development of your special ability, and how much you know about it so far. This grows as you experiment with it.

>Bombyx Mori: Level 1
>>This represents the development of your nature as a Silkworm Moth, you may have abilities related to them. This grows as you experiment with it
>Besides less hungry do we feel any different?

>Did the misfortune go down our throat like other food?

>Nope, no different.
>Yes, thankfully.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 18, 2021, 03:23:18 PM
>"I feel full, but no different than when I eat anything else."

>"I didn't need to do anything special."
>Pause for a moment then place a finger below our cheek in thought.
>"I chewed and swallowed the same as I do with any other food item."

>"Misfortune is delicious!  It has this bittersweet flavour with a cotton candy texture."
>Glance at our hand, mentally go through the senses, and curl our fingerers as we mentally name them.

>"Oh, I almost forgot.  I noticed that misfortune has a similar scent to yourself."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 18, 2021, 04:40:47 PM
>"I feel full, but no different than when I eat anything else."

>"I didn't need to do anything special."
>Pause for a moment then place a finger below our cheek in thought.
>"I chewed and swallowed the same as I do with any other food item."

>"Misfortune is delicious!  It has this bittersweet flavour with a cotton candy texture."
>Glance at our hand, mentally go through the senses, and curl our fingerers as we mentally name them.

>"Oh, I almost forgot.  I noticed that misfortune has a similar scent to yourself."

>"Okay, you can subsist on Misfortune as though it has a nutritional value, not only that, but it tastes great to you. I'll be honest, I did wonder what Misfortune would taste like if I could eat it, and now I know! That question was entirely due to my curiosity."
>"As for the Scent, that makes sense. I am a Pestilence God and in charge of gathering Misfortune, I'm surrounded by it nearly all the time so of course you would associate the smell to me."
>Hina's observations are cut short. "Wait, that's how you purified the Shrine of its Misfortune?!"
>"That's an...Interesting Purification method, but I'm still going to call you Purifier."
>"Oh shush, you two!"

>"Moving on, I'm very grateful for all you've done and now I have a suggestion. Now that I know you can consume Misfortune with no adverse effects, I'd like to give you any future Hina Dolls that come through The River."
>"Usually the Dolls are given to other gods and they dispose of them, but this is a slow process, especially with how weak most of the gods are in this area. Giving it to you would be simple and faster: I collect the Dolls, give them to you when I can, you break it open to release the Misfortune (don't worry, you have my permission) and then eat the Misfortune!"
>"So, do you agree?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 18, 2021, 05:15:49 PM
>"Your offer is very gracious and I happily accept."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 18, 2021, 08:13:38 PM
>"Your offer is very gracious and I happily accept."

>"Thank you! Consider this the beginning of a lucrative friendship!"
>Hina gives you a Misfortunate Hina Doll
>> Misfortunate Hina Doll: A Doll filled with Misfortune, given to you by Hina. Use to release the Misfortune. This destroys it.
>"I'm sorry to act like a broken record, but I really must thank you for helping me. A lot of people avoid me, or don't even talk about me because they fear the Misfortune I bring, but you just walked up to me and asked me what's wrong. I hope that you have good luck, as ironic as that sounds coming from me, and anytime you think you might need my help you can find me and I'll help no questions asked. You know how I smell, right?"
>The fairies pipe up too. "Hey, Moth-Lady, since you cleared the Shrine, I'll also extend the offer."
>"Just shoot these into the air and the Avatars of Life and Death will be there as fast as possible!" Black Apple gives you a bouquet of flowers
>>Bouquet of White and Red Roses: Given to you by the Fairies of Life and Death, Use this to summon them whenever you need.

>"That brings me to my Punishment to the fairies." Both the fairies stiffen in fear.
>"Relax, you two, I'm just going to make you do some 'Community Service', so to speak."
>"Community Service?"
>"It's obvious that you two don't know when you're pushing too far, so you need a balancing force to stop you from making mischief. It's a good thing we have someone who's competent and more powerful than you two." Hina gestures towards you.
>"So you're suggesting that we act as followers to the Purifier?" The Worm in Red guesses excitedly.
>"Yep! You need more experience in the world to temper your intelligence." Apple still looks discontent. "And Power" She immediately perks up.
>"Of course, this is all assuming she agrees to this." Hina turns to you. "Will you?"

>"Regardless of whether or not you agree, I'll tell you where to find some more errands."
>"The Human Village may have people that need assistance. Youkai who can't solve something alone or Humans desperate enough to ask a Youkai for help."
>"Alternatively, The Youkai Mountain has some potential. The Kappa may need aid with experiments or resource gathering and the Tengu might want to pester you for stories, a good way to get your name out there."

>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 20, 2021, 09:41:39 AM
>Smile at Hina
>"I do and thank you.

>"I'd be happy to have Black Apple and the Worm in Red accompany me."

>"The human village sounds like a good place to start."

>Float up in the air
>"Take care Hina!"

Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 20, 2021, 12:57:21 PM
>Smile at Hina
>"I do and thank you.

>"I'd be happy to have Black Apple and the Worm in Red accompany me."

>"Good! But before we go..."
>Worm in Red goes towards her Tree-house/Shrine and focuses.
>The Tree/Shrine, previously a dead husk, suddenly starts growing Cherry Blossoms. During Summer?
>"Cherry Blossoms, symbolic of the Transience of Life, fitting for a Shrine of Life and Death isn't it? Now the Shrine is truly restored, whenever Apple or I die we respawn here, not that we die often considering my ability. Not to mention it's easy to find due to the unseasonal Cherry Blossoms."
>This must be Worm in Red's Regeneration ability at play.

>"The human village sounds like a good place to start."

>Float up in the air
>"Take care Hina!"

>You float upwards, preparing for flight. The Fairies also prepare.
>"Good luck, Detective! No, you're more than a detective, you're practically a Divine Insect! I will look forward to hearing about you!"
>You fly off and through the air, in a straight line towards the Human Village.

>While flying there, you realise that you actually positively impacted someone else's life! A god no less! This is a first step towards a climb on the Mountain of Fame.
>You fly over the Forest of Magic and eventually see the Human Village. Even looking at it from afar, it seems extremely busy, compared to The Great Youkai Forest anyway. You see a School, a Temple, a Dragon Statue, and a Mansion with a sizable garden.
>Now that you're out of the forest you notice that it's the early afternoon right now.
>You land at the front gate, something tells you that the Humans won't appreciate a Youkai just flying into the village unchecked.
>The Fairies are still taking in the sights "Whoa, so this is where most of the Humans live? Seems cramped."
>"It looks that way, but Youkai make up the majority of Gensokyo's population. So when the Youkai leave it's more quiet and average." Worm in Red seems to have a good intelligence base. Where'd she learn this from?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 20, 2021, 11:00:52 PM
>What do we know about the human village?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 21, 2021, 10:20:17 AM
>What do we know about the human village?

>Not much, just hearsay.
>The Human Village is the main settlement of the Humans in Gensokyo, hence its name. Youkai can go inside the village, but most Humans are uncomfortable unless they're here for a good reason. For you, you just to have to make sure that you don't cause trouble and scare the Villagers.
>You've heard that there's a teacher in the Village, but other than that you don't know many people here. There could be more People of Interest but you don't have much to go on other than what you saw during your flight.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 21, 2021, 06:39:15 PM
>Head to the school and see if it is out session

>Keep our eyes peeled to get a feeling for how most of the people here view the three of us.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 21, 2021, 07:49:17 PM
>Head to the school and see if it is out session

>Keep our eyes peeled to get a feeling for how most of the people here view the three of us.

>You walk through the front gate, into the village.
>While walking to the school you note people's reaction to your party. Most Villagers look at you for a moment but immediately go about their business. Seems like you're all blending in well.
>When you make it to the School you notice children, most likely students, playing outside the building. Looks like school isn't out of session yet but there is some sort of recess.
>"Huh, they let the kids play outside? I thought they would just drill info into their heads for eight hours."
>"That's not recommended, children have a fairly low attention span, even lower than fairies sometimes. It's good to give them a break so they can unwind and let the lesson sink in."
>"Hey, my attention span isn't that bad- oh look, a flower shop!"
>Well, Worm's point was proven.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 21, 2021, 08:47:34 PM
>"Where did you learn all this?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 21, 2021, 11:06:28 PM
>"Where did you learn all this?"

>Worm freezes "..."
>"Huh, why are you being all quiet now? I thought you were going to elucidate us with your big brain?" Apple says smugly.
>"Sometimes, when I was bored, I would sneak into the Youkai Mountain or the Human Village and I would ste-... 'appropriate' copies of Bunbunmaru Newspaper or Kakashi Psychic News and pretty much any books I could get my hands on. I would return them after fully reading them though."
>"So that's how I learned most of what I know. There could be other things I don't know about, usually things that are not common knowledge or stuff that even the Tengu don't want to talk about."
>Apple crosses her arms. "You know 'appropriate' is a synonym of 'steal', right? You just caught yourself out."
>"...Damn."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 22, 2021, 02:20:20 AM
>" 'Borrow without permission', might be a better phrase."

>Do we know about the stalls at the festivals?

>Look for a teacher
->Approach the teacher

>If there isn't a teacher in sight then do the following.
>"Let's head inside before recess ends."
>Go inside the school and look for a teacher.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 22, 2021, 09:15:28 AM
>" 'Borrow without permission', might be a better phrase."

>"Nah, I feel like I'm stealing someone's trademark if I say that."
>"What the hell is a trademark?"

>Do we know about the stalls at the festivals?

>What stalls? What festivals?! You really try to remember something you may have heard, but you don't find anything.

>Look for a teacher

>You look around from the outside but you don't see any teachers, only excited children.

>If there isn't a teacher in sight then do the following.
>"Let's head inside before recess ends."
>Go inside the school and look for a teacher.

>"Alright, maybe you'll find more books to 'appropriate'?"
>"I already regret talking about that."
>You and the Fairies head into the school.

>You walk through the school, your duo following shortly behind. It's surprisingly spacious considering Gensokyo's human population, and as far as you know they don't teach Youkai here. Not to mention it's cleaner than you would expect a building filled with children to be, the school staff must take good care of the place.
>You find a lot of classrooms for various subjects. Japanese, Mathematics, Literature, even Textiles and Home Economics. But you don't find a teacher until you reach the History classroom.
>Your party peer into it and see a woman, most likely human, with long silver hair and blue highlights, dressed in a dark blue dress with a red ribbon on the collar, with a tokin hat. Looks like she's already preparing for the next lesson.
>"Wait, the teacher doesn't get to rest when the children can?"
>"Yes, it's a shame. A teacher's life is filled with misery and woe, trying to impart knowledge to ignorant souls is a job that I wouldn't give to my best friend or my worst enemy." Despite Worm's loquaciousness she seems genuinely worried.
>"Oi, you're starting to sound like a pretentious poet."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 22, 2021, 08:39:14 PM
>"Nah, I feel like I'm stealing someone's trademark if I say that."
>"What the hell is a trademark?"

>"I never thought of it like that.
________

>Wait, she's wearing a tokin hat and isn't a tengu?
>I need to time to process this world shattering revelation.

>Stare at Worm
>"It sounds like you've worked as a teacher before."
>beat
>"We'll make things better."

>Wave at the teacher
>"Hello, could we have a moment of your time!"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 22, 2021, 10:46:41 PM
>"I never thought of it like that.
________

>Wait, she's wearing a tokin hat and isn't a tengu?
>I need to time to process this world shattering revelation.

>You take a moment to ruminate over the fact that a non-tengu is wearing a tokin hat.
>Is it really a tokin hat? It looks like one, but it also looks like a pagoda. Why did this human choose such a fashion statement for headwear? Is she really human? Perhaps she's a Youkai and the hat is a sign to any other undercover Youkai informants, like a shibboleth. What kind of Youkai is she? Maybe one relating to History, considering that she seems to be the History teacher? Or maybe that's the obvious answer she wants you to think, and it's actually something else?
>You admit to yourself that you're overanalysing this...

>Stare at Worm
>"It sounds like you've worked as a teacher before."
>beat
>"We'll make things better."

>"No, I haven't worked as a teacher, unless trying to give information to Apple counts."
>"It probably does. I can at least admit my ignorance!" She sounds way too proud of that.
>"How humble of you. Anyway, I just sympathise with the strife that their job comes with. And it's good that you want to change their lives for the better, Purifier. I can already see the worth of travelling with you."

>Wave at the teacher
>"Hello, could we have a moment of your time!"

>The Schoolteacher slightly jumps in her seat and looks towards the door you came in from. She quickly calms down, however, and believes you're friendly.
>"Yes, you can. You should make it quick however, as you can see, I'm currently occupied." She's still writing down notes for her lesson.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 22, 2021, 11:38:21 PM
>Smile
>"The three of us came to find out if you needed help of any sort or if you know of anyone who does."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 23, 2021, 12:25:40 AM
>Smile
>"The three of us came to find out if you needed help of any sort or if you know of anyone who does."

>The Schoolteacher smiles with you.
>"Well, there are a couple of things I need help with."

>The teacher's face hardens. "First, there's a night watch to make sure that the Village is safe from hostile Youkai attacks. Youkai attacks are unlikely, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I also take part in this night watch, but examinations for the students are coming up and I want to put more effort into teaching them. Could you take over my part of the night watch, so my schedule is a bit less packed?"
>"A problem that I heard from the Florist. She was ambushed, most likely by a Youkai, while returning to Village after collecting mushrooms and herbs from the Forest of Magic. You should check with her for more details. This was one of the events that caused us to make our night watch more strict."
>Her face returns to a neutral smile. "My name is Keine Kamishirasawa, for future reference. As you may have already realised, I'm the History teacher and one of the main teachers in this school. It is a pleasure to meet you, though it's a bit late to say that."

>"Look at me, putting my faith into a Youkai I just met."
>"Hey, the Moth-Lady is reliable, she saved our lives!"
>"Yes, not only is the Purifier reliable, but she also has a keen eye and likes helping others."
>"Well, I guess the word of fairies is enough vouching, the worst that happens is you fail and Youkai attack the Village."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 23, 2021, 02:09:14 AM
>"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well."

>"I've have great motivation to not fail then."
>"We would be happy to take your patrol."

>Put your pointer finger on your chin in thought
>"Though I'd like borrow some old clothes, preferably not too dirty and not too clean, and a place to bathe if it isn't too much trouble."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 23, 2021, 12:16:04 PM
>"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well."

>"I've have great motivation to not fail then."
>"We would be happy to take your patrol."

>"Thank you, this should help everyone in the village, not only me."

>Put your pointer finger on your chin in thought
>"Though I'd like borrow some old clothes, preferably not too dirty and not too clean, and a place to bathe if it isn't too much trouble."

>"Alright, I think I can do that. But why do you want some old clothes, and why with those specifications? Also, do you think your fairy duo might need some as well?"
>"Well I would like some. Wearing the same clothes gets boring after a while."
>"Oh, me too! I wonder what kind of fashion fits this infallible body of mine!"

>"As for the place to bathe, there's an Abandoned Warehouse at the edge of the Village. The Kappa were there at one point because their usual base froze over, but then they left when it was restored and the Warehouse has been abandoned since. There should be a place to bathe there, what with the Kappa and their aquatic nature. I'm willing to let you have it, as long as you promise to complete the task, and you don't make creepy sounds in there."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 23, 2021, 12:43:28 PM
>"I won't make any weird sounds."

>Give a nod
>"Worm and Apple would need some clothes."

>"My hope is that a bath and the clothes will make us smell human and look human."

>"With luck, any aggressive youkai will mistake us for humans."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 23, 2021, 01:11:05 PM
>"I won't make any weird sounds."

>Give a nod
>"Worm and Apple would need some clothes."

>"My hope is that a bath and the clothes will make us smell human and look human."

>"With luck, any aggressive youkai will mistake us for humans."

>"Hmm, a smart idea, I would've suggested it myself honestly. In that case, I may have something that fits your group, I should be able to get it ready by the evening, I'll have it delivered to the Warehouse."
>"Speaking of which, I just talked about the Warehouse but you may not know where it is, you're new here aren't you? Have this, so you don't get lost."
>Keine gives you a Map of the Human Village
>>Map of the Human Village: Given to you by Keine, medium in size and is a scroll for easy storage. Convenient.

>"I'm sorry to push you away so abruptly, but Recess should end soon and I'd rather not get questions from the students about 'who the stranger is', disrupting their attention. Nothing personal, I promise."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 23, 2021, 07:17:54 PM
>"I understand, take care."

>Turn to Apple and Worm
>"Let's go to to the flower shop."

>Head to the flower shop
>"I'm a surprised you never tried to sneak into classes."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 23, 2021, 08:39:51 PM
>"I understand, take care."

>"I will. Good luck to you three."

>Turn to Apple and Worm
>"Let's go to to the flower shop."

>Head to the flower shop
>"I'm a surprised you never tried to sneak into classes."

>Your party leaves the school before the inevitable wave of children arrive, and head towards the Flower Shop.
>"Well, there's a difference between sneaking into a place to steal an object, and staying there for a prolonged period of time. Think of it as the difference between stealing and spying, there are some interchangeable skills but they're still different things."
>"You sure know a lot about this, Worm! You should write a thesis or some other dissertation on sneaking into places. Maybe 'The Grimoire of Espionage'!"
>"I may have some skills in that department, but not enough to make a formal document. Besides, how do you know what a thesis and a dissertation is?"
>"You think you're the only one who reads the stuff you steal?"
>"Touché."

>You arrive at the Flower Shop.
>The place has a nearly overwhelming amount of plant species. Tulips, lilies, lilac, daisies, clovers, carnations, petunias, even nettles and of course-
>"Hey, they have roses here!"
>"In red and white no less."
>All these flowers are labelled and ordered by Family, you presume. The only things that are missing here are supernatural and carnivorous plant species.
>And in the middle, almost like she's wreathed by these flowers, is most likely the Florist.
>A woman with brown hair and eyes, dressed in a simple red and yellow kimono with a petunia pattern (a bit on the nose), with no head accessory.
>She looks happy and surprisingly uninjured for someone who was apparently attacked by a Youkai.
>The time is roughly 1:55 PM, the early Afternoon.
>_?
Whenever an errand, or incident involves a time limit or specific time of day. The time will be displayed after every location change. The day of the week will also be displayed if important.
Don't try to be stressed over this, think over your actions how you usually do, just a bit more carefully.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 23, 2021, 09:05:21 PM
>How did we learn to speak?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 23, 2021, 09:31:06 PM
>How did we learn to speak?

>You've actually thought about this before in a bout of navel-gazing brought on by boredom. You wonder how you, a Youkai with no parents and no education to speak of, has the knowledge they do.
>Your theory is that when a Youkai drifts into Gensokyo, a higher force puts the requisite information into their mind, this includes Modern Japanese. This also explains how you know about the Spell Card Rules despite no-one telling you about them and no-one challenging you to a Spell Card Duel. Other information is most likely gained by experience, conversation and overhearing others.
>This is all just a theory that you came up with one day though, this could be completely wrong.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 23, 2021, 10:48:18 PM
>What time do we probably need to meet Keine at the warehouse?

>"There are a lot of beautiful flowers here."

>Approach the florist
>"Good afternoon."
>"The three of us came to help with your youkai issue."
>Watch her body language as she speaks
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 24, 2021, 12:19:40 AM
>What time do we probably need to meet Keine at the warehouse?

>Around 6:00 PM, in the Evening. Night begins at around 8 to 12 PM.

>"There are a lot of beautiful flowers here."

>"Yeah, definitely!"
>"But we're mainly interested in the roses."

>Approach the florist
>"Good afternoon."
>"The three of us came to help with your youkai issue."
>Watch her body language as she speaks

>The Florist looks towards you with a smile, her ponytail flopping a bit. "Good afternoon to you too!"
>Her smile becomes more strained. "Ah, the Youkai issue? I'm guessing Keine told you about that. And you want more detail first?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 24, 2021, 02:40:59 AM
>Nod our head
>"Yes, if it isn't too stressful."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 24, 2021, 07:17:09 AM
>Nod our head
>"Yes, if it isn't too stressful."

>"No, don't worry, I can do it. Just some unpleasant memories, you know?"
>As she starts, her face goes neutral. "Recently I've been collecting mushrooms, herbs, and other plant species from various places, including the Forest of Magic."
>Her face becomes more fierce, she seems upset. "Yesterday and today morning, while I was returning to the Human Village, I felt a sharp pain in my legs and knees like something cut through them. I fell over with surprisingly no major injuries, but when I looked around, the box I was using to hold the plants had been ransacked!"
>Her face returns to a neutral look. "I can't think of many things that could cause that to happen. I'm not old enough for my body to give out on me two times in a week, and I doubt fairies are fast enough to do that to me, most of the known Youkai in the Forest would either not care about plants or just have eaten me when I fell, so it has to be something new."
>"A sharp pain in my legs, a cut to the chest to cut off the straps I was using to hold the box, then ending with me having minimal injuries...Yes I think it was a Kama Itachi.
>"This was an almost textbook Kama Itachi modus operandi. I would recommend that you hold back a bit before trying to hunt it down. I have a plan, if that's okay with you?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 24, 2021, 07:45:05 AM
>Frown
>"Kama Itachi.  That makes things more difficult."
>" I have a plan, if that's okay with you?"

>"It's fine."
>"If you don't mind my asking, what is your plan?"

//Yay! Sickle weasels!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 24, 2021, 09:31:25 AM
>Frown
>"Kama Itachi.  That makes things more difficult."
>"It's fine."
>"If you don't mind my asking, what is your plan?"

//Yay! Sickle weasels!
#Would you believe me if I said that I added this just for you, or that it's just a coincidence.

>"My plan is to have you three disguised as humans and join me next morning for herb gathering. This way that weasel will think we're just a group of humans, instead of a human and her Youkai Escort." Well this lined up surprisingly well. How serendipitous!
>Worm adds to the conversation. "I also have an idea to help us with this Kama Itachi. Which one of these plants has the most propensity for overgrowth?"
>"Usually the shrub flowers, I have some Hydrangeas, if that fits."
>"Perfect, I'll have those-"
>"Later, I may be entrusting you with this task and plan, but you're still just a group of Youkai I just met. You'll get the Hydrangeas before we leave next morning."
>Worm pouts. "Fine. One other thing, Purifier, you're a Moth Youkai, you should be able to create some form of Silk, right?"
>"You know, for someone who looks like a Moth you don't act like one, or at least don't have the abilities." Apple does have a point.
>Can you create Silk? Maybe, you haven't tried it before, there was no need to. But if you are a moth...
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 24, 2021, 10:33:26 AM
#I'd believe either.

>Are we fast enough that we think we might be able catch one of the weasels if they get close?
->Or do we think the Kama Itachi will be able to cut us and leave before we notice?

>Can we see through our familiars' eye?
>How long can we have our familiars active
>Can we feel where our familiars are?

>If we win a danmaku match against the  Kama Itachi we could have them leave the florist alone, right?

>"I've never tried to make silk.  It could help."
>Try to make silk
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 24, 2021, 12:07:44 PM
#I'd believe either.

>Are we fast enough that we think we might be able catch one of the weasels if they get close?
->Or do we think the Kama Itachi will be able to cut us and leave before we notice?

>No. Considering they were able to steal something from someone in broad daylight without being seen because of pure speed, you wouldn't get close to catching up with them. You would definitely notice getting cut though.

>Can we see through our familiars' eye?
>How long can we have our familiars active
>Can we feel where our familiars are?

>You don't think you've tried this either, if anyone intruded on your territory you saw them with your own eyes. You might as well experiment.
>You summon some familiars
>"Don't worry Florist, the Moth-Lady is friendly, she won't try anything that can hurt you."
>You try to see through your familiars' eyes, it's like shifting your focus to a different area.
>It works! It's like you have compound eyes, when one of your familiars move the view moves with it. You spread your familiars around the flower shop, taking care not to damage the flowers, and you can see every angle of the shop!

>As far as you know, your familiars can stay active as long as you are conscious, once they are summoned it doesn't take much effort or energy to keep them. You tried to make a 'cocoon' of Familiars once, to protect you while you sleep, only to find out they disappeared when you fell asleep.

>You try to 'sense' the location of the familiars.
>It takes a moment to get used to, but you feel where the familiars are, like a 'domain' around the shop. This is really interesting.

>If we win a danmaku match against the  Kama Itachi we could have them leave the florist alone, right?

>An unwritten rule in Gensokyo is that when someone wins a Duel they can tell the winner to stop whatever nonsense they're doing. You are pretty sure this counts as 'nonsense', so yes.

>"I've never tried to make silk.  It could help."
>Try to make silk

>You try to make Silk.
>You feel a smooth strand of something in your mouth, and spit it out. It's silvery white and thin, this must be the silk.
>But it's a bit uncomfortable making it in your mouth. You try to get your familiars to make silk.
>The silk comes out of some nearby familiar's mouth and droops down.
>"Huh, looks weird and cool." Apple tries to pull on the silk, but it's really tough.
>Both Worm and Apple pull on the silk, but get nowhere, not even a single tear. It's pretty funny to watch.
>The Florist reaches over the front counter and pulls out some garden shears. She attempts to cut the silk, with no results.
>"Okay, that's it, I won't be made a fool of!" Apple grabs the silk and focuses, it breaks apart in her hand. This must be decomposition at work.
>"Haha! I have proven my superiority!"

>"Whatever. Anyway, this is perfect! My plan is to have the Purifier create a zone of silk in our vicinity when the weasels approach, that way they either can't escape or will be slowed down. Then the next part of my plan will happen, but that's for later."
>"You okay with the plan, Moth-Lady?"

>The Florist sighs. "Honestly this day is so strange. First I get ambushed by a Youkai, then an apparently friendly Youkai offers to help me, then that Youkai spawns a bunch of moths that don't swarm around my plants for some reason and makes Silk harder than a Keystone. I'm going to have to rest before anymore zany events happen."

>Bombyx Mori: Level 2
>>Silk Creation: You and your moth familiars can create extremely tough Silk. This silk comes from the salivary glands...your mouth.
>>Stigmergy: You can see through your moth familiars' eyes and feel where they are.

>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 25, 2021, 01:24:01 AM
>Unsummon our familiars

>"I don't think I can create silk fast enough to entrap the Kama Itachi before they flee."

>Turn to the florist
>"I understand your plan so far, but how do you account for weasel's speed?"
>"Or will we be tracking them?"

>Clap our hands together.
>"Oh, could I see the herb box?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 25, 2021, 07:42:35 AM
>Unsummon our familiars

>"I don't think I can create silk fast enough to entrap the Kama Itachi before they flee."

>Turn to the florist
>"I understand your plan so far, but how do you account for weasel's speed?"
>"Or will we be tracking them?"

>You unsummon your familiars. They disappear, but interestingly, the Silk doesn't disappear with them. Also, your vision returns to normal.
>"I will track them." The Florist seems resolute.
>"I decided to commission a magician to enchant a map and some of my flowers. When the flowers are taken I can track their position using the map. It costs a fortune, but I have to try anything."
>"As for their speed...I've got nothing, no Silver Bullets, there's no way for us to keep up with them unless we're a Tengu."
>Worm perks up. "The second part of my plan will nullify their speed, I can make sure of that. I just need one good shot on them, then we're set."
>"...These are some awfully smart fairies."

>Clap our hands together.
>"Oh, could I see the herb box?"

>"Okay, I wonder why you're so interested in a box."
>The Florist goes through a back door, that you somehow did not notice until now, and comes out with a wooden box.
>She's carrying it with one hand despite the fact it's as long as her torso and as big as an offering box at a shrine. Either this box is really light or this Florist is really strong.
>She opens it up to reveal its empty contents, it smells of earth and plants, as expected.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 25, 2021, 07:52:27 AM
>Do smell anything else such as the youkai that stole the herbs?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 25, 2021, 08:13:21 AM
>Do smell anything else such as the youkai that stole the herbs?

>No, the smell of the plants and earth is overwhelming any others.
>"...So, does this Youkai smell things often?"
>"Only when she has to find something."
>"Oh, that's how the Moth-Lady found us in that tree! How'd I not realise this earlier?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 25, 2021, 08:49:26 AM
>Crinkle our brow
>"Buggers, I cannot smell them."

>Think about retorting that you could have  asked moths where the fairies where.
>Wait, can we talk to butterflies and moths?

>Smile and glance at the two fairies
>"Apple and Worm are really smart."

>"It sounds like everything is covered in the plan."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 25, 2021, 09:58:10 AM
>Crinkle our brow
>"Buggers, I cannot smell them."

>"That's a shame, we can only hope that the current plan works well enough." The Florist is a bit disheartened.
>Meanwhile, Apple looks like she's going to laugh?

>Think about retorting that you could have  asked moths where the fairies where.
>Wait, can we talk to butterflies and moths?

>You think of a few retorts, mainly that you could have asked the insects where they are. You don't smell everything!
>You have tried talking to animals before, you are a Beast Youkai so why not? It seems that insects are the only ones that you can communicate with, even then, it's more like they communicate their intentions and meanings through signals since the lack the organs to speak. Most other insect-based Beast Youkai should have this ability.
>You unfortunately also found out that Spiders are not insects and you can't communicate with them.

>Smile and glance at the two fairies
>"Apple and Worm are really smart."

>Worm gets a slight blush. "Uh, a compliment from the Purifier...Thank you very much!"
>And Apple- "Pfhahaha! 'Buggers'! Get it?! 'Cause she's a Moth! Hahaha!" Well, looks she finally burst.
>The Florist looks at scene with an amused gaze. "I guess I can take your word for their intelligence."

>"It sounds like everything is covered in the plan."

>"Not everything."
>"Huh, what could be missing from the plan, Miss Florist?"
>"That last part is the problem. My name is Hanako, Hanako Sakura. I think it's important to know the name of the person you are escorting, right?"
>"Oh, that would've been a slight issue."

>"And with that, everything has been covered. I'll meet you at the front gate at around 9 AM, tomorrow morning, then we will go to the Forest of Magic for herb gathering. You can do whatever you want before that, as long as you're ready."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 26, 2021, 03:33:49 AM
>Blush
>"Ah, where are my manners."
>"You can call we whatever you want."


>"Then we'll see you at the gates tomorrow."
>Leave the store

>How long do we have until we need to meet Keine
>How hungry are we?

>Check the map for seamstress
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 26, 2021, 07:49:25 AM
>Blush
>"Ah, where are my manners."
>"You can call we whatever you want."

>"Alright, I'll call you 'Escort'. Because that's the job you have in the plan."

>"Then we'll see you at the gates tomorrow."
>Leave the store

>How long do we have until we need to meet Keine
>How hungry are we?

>Check the map for seamstress

>"I'll see you later, Escort! Have a good afternoon!"
>"You too, Hanako! The Moth-Lady has a lot to do."
>You leave the store.

>It's around 2:40 PM right now, so 3 hours.
>You listen to your stomach...
>Currently, you're full up. Only Physically and Spiritually taxing actions eat into your Hunger.
>You check the map for the Seamstress, then curse it and bless it at the same time.
>The seamstress was right next to the Florist's Shop the whole time! But it was so inconspicuous that you would have never known it was a Seamstress' Shop without checking! It doesn't even have a sign!
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 26, 2021, 05:20:30 PM
>Consider how valuable our silk would to the seamstress

>If it would be valuable head to the seamstress
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 26, 2021, 06:08:37 PM
>Consider how valuable our silk would to the seamstress

>If it would be valuable head to the seamstress

>You consider the worth of your silk...
>It would probably be valuable. It's tougher than normal silk, while still retaining it's smooth texture and appealing colour. Because it's so tough, you could probably make it in some covert armour that look like regular clothes.
>That's assuming that the Seamstress accepts silk given to them by a Youkai. Most of the other humans have been accepting, but some humans might be different.

>You decide to take the risk and head to the Seamstress.
>You open the door to the Seamstress' Shop and see a young woman with white hair in a grey yukata, she notices you as you walk in and looks at you.
>"Hello-oh, I don't get Youkai often. What's your business here?" She seems to be inspecting some clothes already.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 26, 2021, 07:18:22 PM
>"Hello, I was hoping to sell some of my silk."

>If she is amicable then summon a familiar
->Have it make some silk for her
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 26, 2021, 08:03:32 PM
>"Hello, I was hoping to sell some of my silk."

>"Okay, but I don't see a container with you..."

>If she is amicable then summon a familiar
->Have it make some silk for her

>"Ah, I was wondering, you're a Moth Youkai, right? A Silkworm Moth."
>"This silk, it looks regular. But since it came from a Youkai's Familiar I'm going to have to test it a bit to see if it's a suitable material. Is that okay? It should not take very long. Afterwards we can discuss selling prices." Well that sounds like discrimination, but you can see where she's coming from.
>"It once decomposed because of my ability, so it's probably fine."
>"That proves nothing, magical and innate abilities may cause objects to act differently than normal. And how do I know this isn't just a Youkai teaming up with fairies to prank me? No, I'm doing the tests and then discussing prices." She seems naturally sceptical, or distrustful.
>"Okay sheesh, lady."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 26, 2021, 08:16:05 PM
>Are we a silkworm moth?

>Give a polite nod
>"Of course."
>"I would like to find out what you discover."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 26, 2021, 11:02:44 PM
>Are we a silkworm moth?
>It's the closest animal that fits you, that's for sure. This is pretty much confirmed by you creating that silk and your overall colour scheme. As far as you know, that's your species.
>Also...
>Bombyx Mori: Level 2
>>This represents the development of your nature as a Silkworm Moth, you may have abilities related to them. This grows as you experiment with it.

>But you could be a different Youkai that looks like a Slikworm Moth. Not sure what fits that description though...
>Give a polite nod
>"Of course."
>"I would like to find out what you discover."

>"Huh, you're patient. I'm sorry that I snapped at all of you, you're all going to make great business partners if this goes well."
>The Seamstress gets some scissors and attempts to cut the silk from the Familiar, with the expected result. You wonder how many times people are going to try to cut your silk and fail, it is starting to get funny.
>She seems undeterred, and goes into a different room mumbling all the while "I should've prepared some boiling water."
>She returns shortly with a bucket of water. She scoops up some water using a cup and douses the silk, then pulls on it. It breaks apart easily.
>"Silk loses some of its strength when wet. This is also one of the tests to see if it still acts a bit like regular silk." That's something to keep note of.
>She performs a group of tests. Durability, colour, and actually sewing some small robes using it.

>"Okay, the silk is a suitable fabric for sewing clothes and accessories. In fact, it's perfect. Durable and therefore hard to damage, still easy to sew with, and a willing source of the material is right in front of me. Not to mention since it's so tough, the clothes that you make with it can practically double as armour."
>She then pulls out a decently sized box. "I can accept a box of silk for about 400 Mon, within reason. You can't just give me 10 boxes and expect me to pay back instantly, we're not made of money."
>"So, current trade offer is 400 Mon for a box. Is this good for you, or do you want to haggle?" The seamstress smiles playfully "I'll have to warn you though, haggling is my specialty."
>"Regardless, I'm going to give all of you some test robes, it's your silk so you should have it."
>The seamstress gives you, Worm in Red, and Black Apple a Youkai-Silk Robe.
>>Youkai-Silk Robe: A robe made out of your silk, it's so tough you can reasonably use it as armour.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 27, 2021, 10:37:30 AM
//I didn't realize that.

>Give a playful smile and raise your hands in mock defeat
>"I'm still 100 years too early to face a pro."

>Have our familiar fill the box with silk
>"How fast do you think it will sell?"

>Admire our new clothes
>These are the first articles of clothing outside of what we were born with, correct?
>Feel the texture and get a sense of the weight

>"This is excellent craftsmanship."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 27, 2021, 11:48:29 AM
//I didn't realize that.

>Give a playful smile and raise your hands in mock defeat
>"I'm still 100 years too early to face a pro."

>"Ah well, I'll get you next time, Silkworm."
>"What? Moth-Lady, you can't just give up like this! You have to rise up to challenges or else how will you-"
>"Stop it, Apple. If she's more experienced then we can't help it. Also, I'm pretty sure she's joking."

>Have our familiar fill the box with silk
>"How fast do you think it will sell?"

>You have the Familiar fill the box with silk. While you do, you notice something. This is a bit draining... (-500 Hunger)
>It seems that producing large amounts of silk eats into your Power, but considering that you just need a small meal to recover you should be fine making more.
>"Once I make more clothing with this, it should get a great amount of interest, for multiple reasons."
>"The Human Village guards will be very interested in this, tough yet easy to move in, and beautiful to look at. Youkai that often visit the village may want it for vanity or armour. Not to mention, this is one of the few times that a Youkai and a Human have worked together on something so innocuous like clothing, I bet the Myouren Temple will love this, considering how much its leader preaches about peace between Humans and Youkai."

>Admire our new clothes
>These are the first articles of clothing outside of what we were born with, correct?
>Feel the texture and get a sense of the weight
>You examine your new clothes. This is the first piece of clothing you've ever had apart from what you currently wear.
>It still has the same silvery white colour of your silk, and is smooth to touch, it's very light but you know it's tough to break. This Seamstress did a good job.
>"This is excellent craftsmanship."

>"Thank you. To be honest, this isn't my best possible work. This is simply a Test piece I made in a hurry, so I could make something better later."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 28, 2021, 12:23:05 AM
>"We were just having some fun, Apple."


>Our eyes open wide with surprise
>"It sounds like there will a big demand."
>"When do you think you will need more silk?"

>Glance at the fabric
>"I'd love to see your final product."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 28, 2021, 07:47:28 AM
>"We were just having some fun, Apple."


>Our eyes open wide with surprise
>"It sounds like there will a big demand."
>"When do you think you will need more silk?"

>"Yep, that's what I think, anyway. I could charge a premium for this considering how many people are going to want it when I make actual products."
>"I'll probably need more silk in about five days, but you can come back anytime. Despite what I'm saying, it might take awhile for this to pick up steam, I don't have marketing abilities or a reliable way of getting news out like the Tengu."

>Glance at the fabric
>"I'd love to see your final product."

>"Thanks, it is good to get feedback on my work, even if it's just compliments."

>The Seamstress blushes. "U-uh, my name is Kawa. Like I said before, you can come back whenever you want, Silkworm, i-it would be great if you did! It gets lonely here sometimes. Damn it, why am I asking a Youkai for companionship?! And why am I suddenly so nervous?!"
>"It sounds like you're nervous in social situations." Wow, Worm really just hit the nail on the head.
>"No crap I am!" Kawa sighs "I'm sorry for making this emotional, I just don't get a lot of people here. I wonder why?"
>Worm looks disappointed. "Maybe it's because you don't even have a sign saying that this is Seamstress' Shop?" She really does not filter her words, does she?.
>"Eh, that might be a part of it." Kawa says nervously.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 29, 2021, 04:01:10 AM
>"I'd be happy to come back and visit."

> Wave your arms
>"Oh, no.  There's no reason to apologize."

>"How did you become a seamstress?"

//I suck at social
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 29, 2021, 09:02:24 AM
>"I'd be happy to come back and visit."

> Wave your arms
>"Oh, no.  There's no reason to apologize."
>"Uh, thanks."
>"How did you become a seamstress?"

//I suck at social
#Don't worry I suck too.

>At this question Kawa stares at the ceiling wistfully. Oh boy, looks like she's going to give her dramatic backstory to you...
>"As you may know, a land outside of Gensokyo, the Outside World exists. A long time ago, my family passed through the Border of Common Sense and was lost in Eastern Paradise. We made it to the Human Village and to repay them for giving us shelter we gave them our talents, sewing. Ever since then, my family have all been Seamsters and Seamstresses, passing down our techniques to help the Human Village."

>Worm thinks for a few seconds, then sighs. "So, your family passed through the Hakurei Border, made it to the Human Village and then became Seamsters and Seamstresses. Why make it so long and dramatic?"
>Kawa flounders a bit. "I'm sorry that I don't have an incredible backstory! I'm just a Seamstress! Besides, most other people in Gensokyo and those Suzunaan Books get some cool abilities when they're a part of a family with this kind of tradition and backstory! Why don't I have cool Sewing powers?!"
>"How do you know you don't? I only found out about my decomposition ability by experimenting."
>"Maybe, but there aren't many outstanding full humans, all I know of are the Hakurei Shrine Maiden, that lying witch, and the Moriya Shrine Maiden."
>"Who knows, maybe you have outstanding potential."

>Worm perks up. "Wait, back a bit. You said 'Suzunaan Books', what kind of books do they sell?"
>"Books from the outside world, mainly. Some of them are familiar to me but some others use this weird dialect of Japanese I don't understand. They also have these Daemon Books that no-one but the Bookkeeper can read, I wonder why she keeps them if no-one's going to buy them."
>Apple smiles smugly. "Why ask, Worm? Thinking of 'appropriating' more books?"
>"I just like reading, okay!"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 30, 2021, 01:57:55 AM
>"Getting to the human village was an impressive feat."


>"Maybe you have an ability and it is very subtle or something you haven't considered."

>"I didn't think I could make silk until Apple and Worm suggested trying."

>"It is an ability caterpillars have that moths lose."

//I imagine a little Sanae whispering in Silkworm's ear, "You need to


>"I am going to split the mon between the three of us."
>"We can go over later and get some books."

//I imagine a little Sanae whispering in Silkworm's ear, "Don't be held back by common sense."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on June 30, 2021, 08:21:27 AM
>"Getting to the human village was an impressive feat."

>"Eh, I've heard other outsiders get in. Though I guess not getting eaten was a real feat."

>"Maybe you have an ability and it is very subtle or something you haven't considered."

>"I didn't think I could make silk until Apple and Worm suggested trying."

>"It is an ability caterpillars have that moths lose."

>"That is true. Then again, Purifier, I don't think moths or caterpillars have the ability to eat Misfortune either, you're definitely not normal."
>"Huh, eating Misfortune? I've heard of weirder stuff. Did you know that some places consider Misfortune and Impurity to be the same thing, Silkworm?"
>"Maybe my ability is a bit minor. I should experiment when I have free time, maybe I'll discover something."

>"I am going to split the mon between the three of us."
>"We can go over later and get some books."

//I imagine a little Sanae whispering in Silkworm's ear, "Don't be held back by common sense."

>"Wait that reminds me! I forgot to give you the money!"
>Kawa gives you 400 Mon
>Mon: A denomination of currency, 4 Mon is enough to buy Dango at least.

>"Thank you, Purifier! You really are spoiling me."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on June 30, 2021, 11:29:06 PM
>"I never heard about misfortune and impurity being the same thing."

>Realize that that explains why the misfortune was killing the plants

>"Are there any places you recommend in the village?"

>Time until we need to meet Keine
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 01, 2021, 07:48:37 AM
>"I never heard about misfortune and impurity being the same thing."

>Realize that that explains why the misfortune was killing the plants

>Yes that's it. Misfortune is similar to Impurity, it taints it's surroundings and causes adverse negative reactions, as if a penance from the Heavens. It might also cause organisms like plants to die off.
>Wait that means you can eat Impurity! This is getting crazy, you really aren't normal!

>"Are there any places you recommend in the village?"

>Time until we need to meet Keine

>"Sorry, Silkworm, I don't get out often. There's Suzunaan which I already talked about, maybe the Myouren Temple but I don't know much about it."
>It's around 4:00 PM, so 2 Hours.
>You could probably visit one or two places before cutting it close.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 02, 2021, 02:14:18 AM
>"Thanks, Kawa"

>"I'll visit you again soon, take care."
>Give a little wave

>Step outside
>Split 200 mon between Apple and Worm


>"Let's go to the warehouse."
>"I don't want to risk being late."

>Head to the warehouse
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 02, 2021, 08:22:51 AM
>"Thanks, Kawa"

>"I'll visit you again soon, take care."
>Give a little wave

>Kawa waves back at you. "Thanks and bye, Silkworm! Good luck! I hope to see you again soon!"

>Step outside
>Split 200 mon between Apple and Worm

>You split 200 Mon between your fairy companions
>Worm in Red gains 100 Mon, Black Apple gains 100 Mon
>They both act ecstatic "Yeah! Now we have our own personal money!"
>"Apple, let's make sure not to spend it frivolously."

>"Let's go to the warehouse."
>"I don't want to risk being late."

>Head to the warehouse

>"It is getting close to the time we agreed to meet that poor schoolteacher."
>You head to the Warehouse, following the map. It seems to be on the outskirts of the village.

>When you make it there you can definitely realise the abandoned nature of the warehouse.
>The place looks like no-ones been around for almost a decade, the door seems to have been smashed open, even the roof is slightly cracked.
>Apple looks stunned "...Are we sure there's a place to clean ourselves here?!"
>"It's what the Schoolteacher, Keine, said. We can only trust her word. And besides, the Kappa wouldn't make something that doesn't work because of a bit of damage."
>"If you say so, Worm."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 02, 2021, 08:28:51 AM
>"Yeah, it probably just looks rough."

>Summon some familiars
>Have them try to seal the cracks with silk

>"That should help."

>Do we know any magic that could help prepare a warm bath?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 02, 2021, 08:55:43 AM
>"Yeah, it probably just looks rough."

>Summon some familiars
>Have them try to seal the cracks with silk

>You summon some Familiars and have them fly to the roof.
>Thankfully the cracks are small enough that you can cover them all with a non-taxing amount of silk.

>"That should help."

>Do we know any magic that could help prepare a warm bath?

>No. You guess that Water or Fire/Heat magic would help, but you aren't proficient in that and you don't think Worm or Apple are either.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 02, 2021, 09:04:45 AM
>Send some familiars to fetch wood
>Have the rest eat the dust and cobwebs.


>"Let's see what we have to work with girls."
>Explore the warehouse
>Look for where the three of us can bathe
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 02, 2021, 09:54:00 AM
>Send some familiars to fetch wood
>Have the rest eat the dust and cobwebs.

>You have the familiars search for some wood in the surroundings, and send the others to eat dust and cobwebs.

>"Let's see what we have to work with girls."
>Explore the warehouse
>Look for where the three of us can bathe

>"A-alright."
>You and the fairies explore the warehouse. Apple is clinging onto you like a lost child, is she scared?
>You look around the Warehouse and see a lot of pipes, tubes, network antenna and other knick-knacks that you can only identify as electronics.
>"I can't believe the Kappa would just leave all this here. From what I've read about them, they would most likely gather their stuff and sell it in a market at a discounted price."

>You eventually find a room, not far from what you think are bedrooms, that looks like a bathroom.
>It has a bath tub, some towels, and a machine with a nozzle. Except it has no tubes connecting to it.
>You notice your moth familiars returning to you. They're carrying some wooden logs in a net of silk, about four of them.
You got 4 wooden logs, you can use them as fuel.
>You also got the feedback on the moths gorging themselves on dust and cobwebs. These kinds of things, like dust and cobwebs, are unfortunately tasteless, but they still fill you a bit. (+300 Hunger)
>"Okay, we found a place to bathe, and fuel. But there's a problem..." Worm starts blushing.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 02, 2021, 10:07:22 AM
>Stare upward in thought

>"I forgot about undergarments."
>"Do either of you know how to sew?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 02, 2021, 10:36:08 AM
>Stare upward in thought

>"I forgot about undergarments."
>"Do either of you know how to sew?"

>"No, unfortunately. Never really had the resources to learn how."
>Apple looks at you two confusedly. "Why are both of you so hung up on this? We have nothing to hide, and it's not like one of us has a crush on the other."
>Worm's face turns as red as her dress. "Why would you even suggest such an idea?!"
>"Oh, have I touched a nerve, Worm?" Apple sure acts smug often.
>But she does have a point, you could just bathe together and swallow your shame for a moment. Then never speak of this again.
>Unless you can think of a different solution to the problem.
>"We could just take turns! Yes, turns! So none of us have to see anything uncouth!"
>"But that's slower."
>"I-I would prefer that to the alternative!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 02, 2021, 11:11:27 AM
>Don't tell them you thought Apple was embarrassed at wearing dirty underwear

>Say the following if the bathtub is big enough to separate
>"I could make a curtain to separate the bathtub to give you privacy."

>"You could bathe first then Apple and I could bathe together after."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 02, 2021, 11:43:52 AM
>Don't tell them you thought Apple was embarrassed at wearing dirty underwear

>Oh, that's what she was nervous about. You think dirty underwear would be more pressing than potential immodesty.

>Say the following if the bathtub is big enough to separate
>"I could make a curtain to separate the bathtub to give you privacy."

>"You could bathe first then Apple and I could bathe together after."

>Thankfully the bath tub is large enough for multiple people even if you separate it. Makes you wonder: did the Kappa take group bath sessions in here?
>"O-okay, I can agree with that. Apple?" Worm seems to have calmed down a bit at the suggestion.
>"Yeah, I'm fine with it. A good mix of efficiency and speed."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 02, 2021, 06:50:51 PM
>Have some familiars make a silk curtain to separate the bath

>Actually that gives you an idea
>Have one of the moths try add properties of wood to a piece of silk
>See if that worked

>Setup the bath
>Is this our first bath?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 02, 2021, 07:12:37 PM
>Have some familiars make a silk curtain to separate the bath

>You have familiars make a silk curtain partition to separate the bath.

>Actually that gives you an idea
>Have one of the moths try add properties of wood to a piece of silk
>See if that worked

>You try to have one of the moths add the properties of wood to silk.
>You tried a lot of things. Different orders, thinking of the concept of wood, trying to manipulate it so it's similar to wood, but you get nowhere.
>You're stumped, nothing worked and the silk is the same as it normally is.

>Setup the bath
>Is this our first bath?

>You grab the nozzle and turn some knobs on the machine it was next to.
>"Wait, but there no-"
>Water comes out of the nozzle in a jet, even though there's no tubes or pipes connecting to it. You use this to fill the bath tub.
>"Huh, must be some kind of water magic. There could be some options on the machine for heat..."
>While saying this, Worm reaches towards the machine and turns a red knob.
>You can feel the water getting hotter, it seems that some of these knobs manipulate an aspect of the water or the nozzle.

>Your first bath in a specialised facility. All your other baths were in a river or a lake. You just had the Great Youkai Forest as a home.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 02, 2021, 10:45:51 PM
>"Oh, wow."
>Run our hand through the water
>"I never imagined a bath this luxurious."

>Setup the curtain if isn't already

>Get undressed then get in the water
>Let out content sighs as we sink in the water
>"Oooh, this could be addictive."


>"Have either of you had such a nice bath before?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 03, 2021, 09:29:35 AM
>"Oh, wow."
>Run our hand through the water
>"I never imagined a bath this luxurious."

>Setup the curtain if isn't already

>While doing the finishing touches on the curtain, Worm pitches in.
>"Me too. From what I've read about the Kappa, I thought they would be a bit more utilitarian."
>The curtain is thick enough that you would only see the shadow of the person on the other side.

>Get undressed then get in the water
>Let out content sighs as we sink in the water
>"Oooh, this could be addictive."

>As you get undressed, Worm immediately covers and averts her eyes. As if protecting her purity.
>You step in the bath tub then allow yourself to sink into the water. You then make a sigh of content.
>This really is relaxing. When you took a bath in the rivers or lakes you did it just to keep a modicum of hygiene. But this, you would bath in here just to relax your muscles and stay.
>The fairies eventually get undressed as well and join in. Apple joins your side of the curtain while Worm goes to the other.

>"Have either of you had such a nice bath before?"

>Apple looks like she's in bliss "Nope. we usually just took some water, bathed in a lake or river. This is a big upgrade!"
>You hear Worm from the other side "Wait, didn't we usually bath in the same river that the Curse Goddess Hina gets her dolls from?"
>Apple panics a bit "Oh no! Have we been bathing in Misfortune for the past 50 years?!"
>"Well we haven't tripped over our own feet, so we must be okay. And Hina took our Misfortune after that problem the Purifier saved us from."
>"Speaking of that problem: Moth-Lady, why did you help us? It's not like you could get anything out of a couple of fairies."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 03, 2021, 06:10:27 PM
>Give a nervous laugh
>"It isn't very noble, but I wanted become famous."
>"But after helping, after having a positive impact it stopped being about fame."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 03, 2021, 06:39:16 PM
>Give a nervous laugh
>"It isn't very noble, but I wanted become famous."
>"But after helping, after having a positive impact it stopped being about fame."

>"I can understand wanting to rise up from a meagre, unknown existence. Why do you think I made that huge speech about our Power and the 'Shrine of Life and Death' and such? Sometimes I want to feel bigger than I actually am. But I'm a fairy, we're almost always small and insignificant, a minor existence..." Apple looks pitiful at the end of her speech.
>"Hey Apple, we talked about this. We will be known one day, especially now that we're exploring outside the forest. I mean, Cirno was quite insignificant and now almost everyone knows about her. At least, every fairy."
>"Hah, you're right! Especially if we tag a long with Moth-Lady here, even if we're just known as sidekicks we will still make an incredible impact one day. I know it."
"And there's your bravado again..."
>The bath is great to just hang out, you hope you can keep the Warehouse even after your job is done.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 03, 2021, 11:41:47 PM
>"Don't forget that three more people know about Worm, you and I."

>Give a warm smile
>"We're already one step closer to being recognized."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 04, 2021, 08:26:13 AM
>"Don't forget that three more people know about Worm, you and I."

>Give a warm smile
>"We're already one step closer to being recognized."

>"Right, those 3 humans. This is a small step. But part of being recognized means we have to get stronger."
>"I have no idea about that. I don't think people could train us, considering how unique our powers are. At best they could train our bodies and skill in Spell Card duels."
>While casually talking about your aspirations and suggestions on how to get stronger, you hear footsteps outside.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 04, 2021, 08:37:37 AM
>"It sounds like Keine is here."

>Pull our head under the water so everything gets clean
->Pull our head up and shake our hair

>Look for a towel
->Grab it
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 04, 2021, 08:58:22 AM
>"It sounds like Keine is here."

>"Oh, our new clothes! Hey, how do you think I'll look?" You didn't think Apple would get this excited about fashion of all things.

>Pull our head under the water so everything gets clean
->Pull our head up and shake our hair

>"Whoa, are you trying to drown yourself?"
>When you pull your head up she seems to understand. And copies your movements.
>You shake and get most of the water out of your white hair.

>Look for a towel
->Grab it

>As any bath facility should have, there are towels near the tub on a hanger.
>You grab the towel.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 04, 2021, 09:08:47 AM
>Wrap the towel a round our body

>"I'm certain you'll look fine."

>Head to the front to meet Keine
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 04, 2021, 10:08:45 AM
>Wrap the towel a round our body

>"I'm certain you'll look fine."

>"Purifier, you shouldn't always humour her. Despite what she said before, her ego swings up and down."
>You've wrapped the towel around your body and made sure it won't slip off.

>Head to the front to meet Keine

>You leave the bathroom and head to the front door.
>"We'll join you shortly, Purifier."

>When you make it to the front, you see Keine holding a wide box.
>"Ah, I see you're done bathing, Youkai. Your clothes are in this box, I recommend you go to the village immediately after making sure they fit."
>"In hindsight, I should've asked for your clothing sizes. I had to guess what would fit just from my brief looks at your figures."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 04, 2021, 04:23:20 PM
>Take the box
>"Thank you.  I don't know my size so. .  ."

>"For the patrol, are meeting anyone?"
>"Do we just walk the streets?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 04, 2021, 07:17:56 PM
>Take the box
>"Thank you.  I don't know my size so. .  ."

>"For the patrol, are meeting anyone?"
>"Do we just walk the streets?"

>You take the box, it's light.
>"You will meet a few other humans that also do the Patrol, but mainly just walking the streets. Listening or recording any unusual happenings and maybe, if things get dire, helping protect the village against a hostile Youkai."
>While conversing with Keine, your fairy friends arrive at the front door.
>"That box has our clothes in it? I can't wait!"
>"Apple, why are you so excited for clothes?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 01:19:17 AM
>Hand out the clothes

>"Can you think of anything we should know before we begin?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 05, 2021, 08:43:38 AM
>Hand out the clothes

>You hand out the clothes to Worm and Apple. It was easy to figure out what clothes were for who because Keine surprisingly went through the effort to find clothes that fit your colour themes.

>"Can you think of anything we should know before we begin?"

>"...I don't think so, you should already know everything needed for the job. Anything more is superfluous. Well, one thing to note is that not every Youkai that visits the village at night is hostile, but I don't think I need to say this considering you are a Youkai.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 09:44:33 AM
>Nod
>"The three of us can get dress then you could introduce us to the other patrol members."
>"That way they know we're there to help."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 05, 2021, 10:07:33 AM
>Nod
>"The three of us can get dress then you could introduce us to the other patrol members."
>"That way they know we're there to help."

>"Alright then. Do you want me to introduce you as human, so your plan keeps up?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 10:30:02 AM
>"If you think the Patrol will understand then I think that being introduced as humans would be best."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 05, 2021, 11:38:15 AM
>"If you think the Patrol will understand then I think that being introduced as humans would be best."

>"Hmm, they are a bit wary of Youkai. But when they find out about your plan and why you did it later, they will most likely understand."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 07:58:10 PM
>"Alright then.  Let's go with the plan."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 05, 2021, 09:09:07 PM
>"Alright then. Let's go with the plan."

>"Okay. Good luck."

>It seems that while you were having that back and forth with Keine, Worm and Apple were getting dressed inside the Warehouse.
>When they come out the front door, you and Keine look towards them.
>Worm was dressed in a simple red kimono, Apple was in a black kimono with a leaf print. The clothing combined with them wearing the Youkai-Silk Robe is enough to cover their wings, almost completely disguising them as humans. Honestly, they look like they could be sisters, which will probably help the disguise.
>"Well, looks like they're ready. Thank goodness the clothes fit." Keine makes a sigh of relief and smiles at her luck.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 10:07:28 PM
>"Give me a moment to get ready."

>Head inside and get our clothes on.

>Head back to Keine
>Smile
>"Ready"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 05, 2021, 10:49:17 PM
>"Give me a moment to get ready."

>Head inside and get our clothes on.

>You head inside the Warehouse and try on your clothes.
>It's a rather ornate but slightly used piece, compared to your normal outfit. A white kimono with a black floral print, an obi to tie it together, and a white sun hat to cover your antenna. It's also larger than average, maybe you're big? Or it's to cover your wings?
>This should be enough, the clothes, hat, and Youkai-Silk Robe almost entirely mask your Beast Youkai attributes making you look like a human.
>You gained a Human Disguise
>>Human Disguise: Given to you by Keine. A white kimono with a black floral print, an obi to tie it together, and a white sun hat to cover your antenna. Almost completely disguises you as human.


>Head back to Keine
>Smile
>"Ready"

>You head back outside to meet Keine.
>She smiles back. "Good."
>"Looking at all of you in disguise like this, you look like a mother and her two daughters just taking a stroll at night. This works great! And I once again have to bless my luck that these clothes fit you."
>"Huh, a mother and her children. Sounds like a good cover story, Purifier?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 05, 2021, 11:59:57 PM
>"The clothes look nice."

>"I agree."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 06, 2021, 12:15:05 AM
>"The clothes look nice."

>"Ah, thanks, Youkai. I had to pick out from a literal laundry basket of items."

>"I agree."

>"Alright then, shall we go, Mother?" Worm is already getting into character.
>"We've confirmed that the clothes fit and what to do when you get to the village. Now to just introduce you and start the Patrol."
>"Can we leave now? This place is still giving me the creeps, Moth-La... I mean, Mother."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 06, 2021, 12:26:32 AM
>"Alright, kids."

>"Please lead the way Miss Keine."
>Follow Keine
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 06, 2021, 11:02:48 AM
>"Alright, kids."

>"Please lead the way Miss Keine."
>Follow Keine

>"Alright, time to start."
>Your motley family follows Keine back to the main streets of the village.

>It's night and the area is cloaked in darkness, perfect for a potential ambush or attack on the village.
>You see two humans standing, waiting, and Keine introduces all of you.
>"Hello, you two! Sorry, my schedule has really exploded with work, so this nice woman and her family will be taking over my place."
>"The slight grumpy looking man on the right is Aizawa." He has short black hair, wearing a simple grey yukata and has a blade of some sort. As Keine says, it looks he doesn't want to be here.
>"The woman on your left is Ame." She has brown hair and eyes, wearing a simple red Kimono and has a naginata.
>"Alright, now the introductions are over, can we start the patrol now?" Huh, he wants to get this over with quick.
>"Yes, you can start soon. I'm going back to my Study, good luck out there!" And with that, Keine takes her leave.

>"Well, if Keine trusts you then I do. Let's help each other here." Ame seems to be trusting you despite the lack of knowledge about you.
>Ame pulls out a Map of the Human Village "Aizawa is going to patrol near the Hieda House and the Dragon Statue, I'm going to patrol near the School and the Second-Hand Shop. That just leaves Suzunaan, Geidontei, and the Seamstress' Shop."
>"You can choose any of these places to patrol, just take care of yourself."

>Suzunaan: A book shop that you have heard of. Apparently sells books from the Outside World and Daemon Books. Sounds like a collector's (or thief's) dream.

>Geidontei: Wait, you've never heard of this. She just expects you to know this? This would be a good way to check the place.

>The Seamstress' Shop: Right next to the Florist's as well. You aren't sure why a Youkai would attack here. Perhaps a cover for their real plan? Maybe the Kama Itachi trying to finish the job? You're overthinking this.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 07, 2021, 01:31:30 AM
>Look at the map

>"We'll patrol the Seamstress' Shop."
>"You two be safe as well."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 07, 2021, 09:47:29 AM
>Look at the map

>"We'll patrol the Seamstress' Shop."
>"You two be safe as well."

>"Thanks, hope it's safe around there too."
>"Well I'm leaving to my post now, sooner I get there the sooner I'm done with this." He half-runs to his post. He's really impatient, to the point of seeming suspicious.
>"Don't worry about him, he's almost always like this during Patrols."
>"So, you're leaving to the Seamstress' now?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 07, 2021, 06:20:56 PM
>"Oh, yes."
>Give an awkward Chuckle

>"Be safe"
>Head to the seamstress

>Do our familiars look like regular moths?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 07, 2021, 07:00:05 PM
>"Oh, yes."
>Give an awkward Chuckle

>"Be safe"
>Head to the seamstress

>You head to the Seamstress
>Ame waves before walking to her post. "Good luck out there! Don't let any Youkai eat your children!" She's really joking about that? Morbid, but you don't think you'll need to worry about your 'Family'.

>You arrive near the Seamstress, this whole area gives a different feeling than at morning, much more creepy. Or at least, that's what Apple implies.
>She's clinging to you like a child again.
>Worm whispers "Hey, uh, this is just for the act, right?"
>"Yep, definitely." Apple is squirming, ironically enough, like a worm.
>The area looks clear, but someone or something might approach. You should scout or prepare to make sure.

>Do our familiars look like regular moths?

>Yes, they do. But they emit a faint amount of spiritual energy, which clues it off as a familiar. It's small enough that you think only the magically and spiritually inclined would notice.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 12:28:01 AM
>Put an arm in a comforting motherly way around each fairy clinging to us

>"Don't worry, mother will keep you safe."

>Sniff the air for anything that shouldn't be here.

>Listen for any intruders
>Scout the area
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 08, 2021, 08:32:17 AM
>Put an arm in a comforting motherly way around each fairy clinging to us

>"Don't worry, mother will keep you safe."

>You put your arm around Apple and manage your most soothing voice.
>"Thanks, um, I might be okay now."
>Apple soon regains her nerves and removes herself from you.

>Sniff the air for anything that shouldn't be here.

>You sniff the air, subtly. Thankfully you're familiar with this place and know what should be here.
>You smell... Something foul. It's like the smell is intentionally contrarian to the smell of the flowers from the Florist's shop nearby.
>There's definitely something or someone else here.

>Listen for any intruders
>Scout the area

>You focus your hearing for anything other than you and your 'family'.
>You get double confirmation of someone being here. You can hear footsteps and wind being disturbed.
>This is enough. You scout the area, looking into alleyways and any possible hiding places. But you don't find anyone.
>You do know that someone's here. It feels like they're dodging your sight everytime you get near.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 08:53:51 AM
>Whisper to the fairies, "There is someone here."

>If we see a moth try to discreetly ask it about the stranger

>If there are no moths
->Discreetly create a familiar and have it fly up and locate the person for us.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 08, 2021, 09:37:13 AM
>Whisper to the fairies, "There is someone here."

>The fairies become imperceptibly more alert.
>"Mother, did you really need visit the Seamstress' shop at night? A Youkai might attack us!" Worm is also looking around panicked, but this is just her excuse to scout around.
>"Eh, I'm more worried about bugs, we're near the Florist's so they might annoy us. And besides, the Human Village has been safe for a long time, there's no way a Youkai would attack us here, at night, with no witnesses. That would be terrible!" Apple being very... Subtle with her bait.
"Are you taunting me?"
>If we see a moth try to discreetly ask it about the stranger

>If there are no moths
->Discreetly create a familiar and have it fly up and locate the person for us.

>You unfortunately don't see any moths so...
>If there are no moths, create your own. You discreetly create a familiar near your head, you, Apple and Worm wave it away as if it were an unwanted pest.
>The moth scouts around the area.

>It spots someone, so you shift your perspective to it. Looking through its eyes.
>You almost wish you didn't.

>You see a girl with red eyes, black hair and a single white highlight, with multiple red highlights in them. Her hair reaches down to her shoulders. She has two small, light blue horns, and she wears a white dress that ends in gray, red, and black spade patterns.
>You Recognize her as the Infamous Criminal Rebel Seija Kijin.
>Your familiar is above her and she doesn't seem to have realised she's being spied on. Ironic, considering it looks like she's spying on your party right now.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 08, 2021, 11:04:46 AM
>Where is Seija, an alley, on a roof?

>Can we summon moths near the spying moth?

>What are the pros and cons of challenging Seija to a spellcard duels vs capturing her?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 08, 2021, 11:22:10 AM
>Where is Seija, an alley, on a roof?

>A roof, this explains why it took you a while to find her. Flying would've blown your cover.

>Can we summon moths near the spying moth?

>Yes

>What are the pros and cons of challenging Seija to a spellcard duels vs capturing her?
"Maybe I should just attack them now."
>A Spell Card Duel would allow you to put stipulations in place, and the Spell Card Rules prevent any major damage to anyone present.
>But you don't think an Intrinsic Contrarian with a history of cheating would follow the regular rules.
>Just capturing her would nip this in the bud, might even be easier considering you would have the jump on her.
>But you don't know how she would react, what tools she has. What if she somehow has something that would ruin your capture?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 09, 2021, 01:37:34 AM
>Summon another familiar near the first

>"It is your father's birthday tomorrow."
>Put a finger to our chin while seeming to think

>"Why don't you two head back home, buy something for supper."
>"But don't follow any moths.  They lead a girl to trouble."
>"I'll wait for the seamstress to come out with his gift."

>Watch through the familiar to how Sieja reacts to the conversation

Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 09, 2021, 09:41:12 AM
>Summon another familiar near the first

>"It is your father's birthday tomorrow."
>Put a finger to our chin while seeming to think

>"Why don't you two head back home, buy something for supper."
>"But don't follow any moths.  They lead a girl to trouble."
>"I'll wait for the seamstress to come out with his gift."

>Your children try to understand the situation.
>"Alright then, Mother. Be safe."
>"I hope dad gets an awesome gift!"
>And so they walk in the direction of 'Home', but they're actually hiding at a decently far location.
>They're very keen on Patrolling, but maybe it's because they don't want you to get hurt. Almost makes you proud.

>Watch through the familiar to how Seija reacts to the conversation
"The children are gone, should I attack her now?"
>Seija doesn't seem to react other than-
>Okay, she definitely looks like she's getting ready to pounce on you.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 09, 2021, 10:05:50 AM
>You can do this.  Apple and Worm are nearby.

>"She's running late."

>Turn towards the seamstress' shop
>Prepare to be attacked
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 09, 2021, 10:43:36 AM
>You can do this.  Apple and Worm are nearby.

>"She's running late."

>Turn towards the seamstress' shop
>Prepare to be attacked
"There's the opening!"
>As you turn towards the Seamstress' Shop you get a wide feeling of pain, as if you were hit with a blunt object, and stagger backwards.
>"Damn it, missed the head. Hey you! If you give up now I'll maybe just interrogate you!" You don't think you can trust her.
>As you turn to her you see the tool responsible for the pain, a colourful yellow mallet with a green and red pattern.
>The Youkai-Silk Robe blocked most of it, but it still hurts. You can deal with the pain though, good thing you were prepared.
>Worm and Apple are still watching from afar, probably waiting for a signal before rushing in.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 12:37:36 AM
>Summon more familiars

>"Whatever I have to do so my daughters can come . . ."

>Have some of our familiars bite Seija to keep her distracted
>Spit silk in the youkai's face
>The other familiars should spit out silk on top of Seija
>Try to tie Seija with the loose strands

>As we're tying have the familiars that silked the outlaw try wrapping her

//I want the moths to hurt her and not seriously injure her.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 10, 2021, 09:14:15 AM
>Summon more familiars

>"Whatever I have to do so my daughters can come . . ."

>"You sure care about your children a lot. A bit weird coming from- wait those bugs are-?!"

>Have some of our familiars bite Seija to keep her distracted
>Spit silk in the youkai's face
>The other familiars should spit out silk on top of Seija
>Try to tie Seija with the loose strands

>Some of your familiars swarm around Seija, all biting her. She is distracted, and her face is contorted, this must be uncomfortable at least.
>You take the opportunity and spit some silk into the Amanojaku's face.
>"Oh, come on!" She's seriously annoyed.
>You get your remaining familiars to follow your lead, delivering silk all over her.
>And then you try to tie Seija, but she immediately jumps back when you approach. She looks more wary now.

>As we're tying have the familiars that silked the outlaw try wrapping her

//I want the moths to hurt her and not seriously injure her.

>This is still possible, as the familiars attempt to wrap Seija in more fabric she gets tied. But the Youkai seems to have had enough.
>"Okay! I didn't want to use it this early but..." Seija starts shuffling around, her hands are impeded by your silk however.
>To your shock, she explodes!

>Once the light and sounds from the explosion wear off you check the surroundings fervently, thankfully you weren't caught in it. And no damage was done to the buildings.
>You look at the origin of the explosion, logically either Seija or ashes should be there, but instead you see a Jizo Statue!?
>"Hey!"
>You turn to the taunt and see Seija flying above you.
>"You're definitely not a regular human! They don't spit silk and control bugs as far as I know. Gross, by the way! And you made me use two of my items! I'm ending this!"
>With that, she fires a wave of red and blue danmaku at you. One thing you've noticed is that she's trying to avoid collateral damage, all the danmaku is aimed directly at you, and that makes it easy to dodge.
>It seems that the explosion didn't get rid of the silk, she has trouble flying with any speed. If she decides to run she won't get very far.

>Worm and Apple are still watching with faces of distraught. Frankly you're surprised they didn't rush in when the explosion happened.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 10:15:10 AM
>Would Danmaku destroy or weaken the silk on Seija?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 10, 2021, 12:32:19 PM
>Would Danmaku destroy or weaken the silk on Seija?

>You think of what could damage the Silk, and remember what Kawa said.

Quote from: Kawa
"Silk loses some of its strength when wet."

>She said nothing about danmaku. So only water-based danmaku would do something. That's what you think, anyway. Raw force might break it.
>Your guess is no.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 10, 2021, 07:12:31 PM
>Smirk
>"Coming from the infamous outlaw, that's quite the compliment."

>Fire danmaku back at the outlaw but make the danmaku large, sloppy, and slow moving
>Make it seem like we're using the swarm of moths as a smokescreen with our familiars moving out of the way of the danmaku
->Have a couple of familiars use the danmaku shots to hide themselves from Seija as they fly with the danmaku

>"It doesn't seem that strange when you consider everyone has a special ability."

>The moths that are near Seija should try to find if she has any more items
>Have a moth fly to Apple and Worm

>Are we feeling tired or hungry?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 11, 2021, 01:24:53 PM
>Smirk
>"Coming from the infamous outlaw, that's quite the compliment."

>Fire danmaku back at the outlaw but make the danmaku large, sloppy, and slow moving
>Make it seem like we're using the swarm of moths as a smokescreen with our familiars moving out of the way of the danmaku
->Have a couple of familiars use the danmaku shots to hide themselves from Seija as they fly with the danmaku

>"It doesn't seem that strange when you consider everyone has a special ability."

>"Well, would you say that the Shrine Maidens and the Witch are normal people?" You've heard of the Shrine Maidens, Reimu Hakurei and Sanae Kochiya, but not the Witch. It would be difficult to call them normal per se.
>Seija dodges your danmaku easily, even with her reduced speed. She must have experience, she is still wary of her surroundings.
>She seems to be learning and shoots the Moths in front of her with fast moving arrow-shaped bullets. before looking around.

>The moths that are near Seija should try to find if she has any more items
>Have a moth fly to Apple and Worm

>Are we feeling tired or hungry?

>You get the Moths to take a closer look and once again split your vision between them.
>Seija has a Red-White Ying-Yang Orb in a hand behind her, and after a closer look you see that blasted mallet she used before in her pocket. No bombs or whatever that Jizo Statue was, though.
>This is all you can parse before she clues in to what you're doing and shoots most of the moths near her. That probably won't work again.
>"You're a fan of spying and deceit, huh?" she smiles and declares a Spell Card: Reverse Sign "Danmaku Through the Looking Glass"
>You feel your perspective and balance change in someway. It feels weird.
>Before you investigate this feeling, purple danmaku starts approaching you from your east, west and north! They should spread before they get close.

>Meanwhile, you sent a moth over to Apple and Worm's position.
>They look at it curiously before opening their mouths. And this is when you realise you can't hear through your familiars.
>But from their body language they're probably wondering if this is the sign to jump in.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 11, 2021, 05:13:50 PM
>Have the moth near Apple and Worm flutter left and right
>Summon more moths near the fairies and construct a net.

>Split our vision with moths above us
>Head south
>If we head North then commit and try and dodge and weave around the danmaku

>If we get hit unsummon a quarter of our moth swarm

>What spellcards do we have?

//Very well done.  I can see why Seija is wanted and still on the run from this.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 11, 2021, 11:58:43 PM
#Sorry everyone, preoccupied with the UEFA Finals.
>Have the moth near Apple and Worm flutter left and right
>Summon more moths near the fairies and construct a net.

>They look at the net, then at each other and nod. They both grab an end of the net and attempt to manoeuvre into a blind-spot Seija may have.

>Split our vision with moths above us
>Head south
>If we head North then commit and try and dodge and weave around the danmaku

>If we get hit unsummon a quarter of our moth swarm

>As you move south you esilaer s'tahw gnorw...
!gnisufnoc gnitteg si sihT !tsaE si tseW dna tseW si tsaE !gnignahc si ecnalab ruoY<
.evoba shtom eht htiw noisiv ruoy tilpS ot hguone gnol sucof ruoy peek uoY<

>Part of your vision is covered in purple danmaku, somehow your familiars are surviving like they're in the Eye of the Storm despite the circumstances.
>Wait, your perspective is shifted but not your familiars'? You can only presume that Seija's ability doesn't extend to people's options, slaves or familiars. Convenient for you!
>Thankfully North and South are still the same, so you move South where the bullet density is less harrowing.
>They're still closing in on you, but you have some more time to do something.

>What spellcards do we have?

//Very well done.  I can see why Seija is wanted and still on the run from this.
#Thanks, I was worried about writing an action scene, especially with how hectic and hard-to-describe Danmaku Battles can get.
>You did make some Spell Cards. You never used them because no-one challenged you and vice-versa
Instinct "Transverse Orientation"
Description: You throw your lamp forwards and summon Moth-shaped danmaku from the edges of the 'screen'. The Moths are attracted to the Lamp and the enemy has to dodge danmaku from all angles relative to the Lamp's position, giving a swarming feeling. The Lamp moves around throughout the Spell Card. (Required Slave: Lamp)

Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon"
Description: You create a 'Cocoon' of danmaku around you, protecting you while shooting fast moving lasers from your position. Shortly afterwards, the cocoon explodes, sending bullets in every direction and making you vulnerable for a moment, this repeats. The enemy has to deal with oppressive, fast moving bullets.

!_<
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 12:23:15 AM
>Move close to one of the buildings.
>Try to find a pattern and a path through danmaku

>If we see the pattern weave through the danmaku
>Otherwise scramble up on the roof of the building
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 12, 2021, 01:22:38 AM
>Move close to one of the buildings.
>Try to find a pattern and a path through danmaku

>You attempt to move close to one of the buildings, the multiple perspectives make this a bit troubling, but ultimately possible. And you move close to the Florist's Shop.
>You try to analyse the Spell Card for a pattern and a weakness. Your multiple perspectives actually help this time, you can see the Spell Card from the inside and out from a myriad of angles, making finding a pattern and weakness a trifle.

>Reverse Sign "Danmaku Through The Looking Glass" also known as Reverse Sign "Evil in the Mirror"
>>The Spell Card forces a perspective flip due to Seija's ability, switching East and West. Purple Danmaku is spawned from the edges of the 'screen' except from the South and falls down. The danmaku is unfocused and moves completely naturally, without the user influencing its qualities, this means the pattern is semi-random, prone to leaving parts where the danmaku is less dense and has gaps you can easily dodge through. The main gimmick of the card seems to be forcing the opponent to make a mistake and dodge in the wrong direction, rather than directly smothering the opponent in bullets or forcing a specific strategy. As long as you keep your wits, follow your dodging instincts, and remember that East and West are switched, this should be easy.

>If we see the pattern weave through the danmaku

>After your thorough analysis, you weave through the danmaku. Following your instincts, keeping an eye out for any easy gaps, and keeping in mind that your perspective is shifted. Figuring out a Spell Card's pattern and weaknesses then weaving through it is actually a bit fun! Is this one of the allures of Spell Card Duels?
>After a while, Seija's focus slips, and the Spell Card drops, causing all of the danmaku around you to disappear. Your perspective also goes back to normal, this is much more comfortable.
>"Huh, you timed it out instead of capturing? Too chicken to actually shoot me?" You can already see why she's unpleasant, you can take smugness from Apple but for some reason Seija's flavour of it irritates you.
>While she's sayiing this, you notice Apple and Worm on a Rooftop behind Seija, they look at you and make a questioning nod. Probably asking if they should go for a capture...A literal one, that is.
>_?
#I wish there was a Grimoire of Marisa for the later Spell Cards in the series.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 01:47:03 AM
>"Let's see if this works."
>Send our swarm of moths at Seija

>Try to have some of the moths fire danmaku a couple of times
>Have the rest eat Seija's danmaku

>Give a nod
>"You're too good at dodging to hit from afar."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 12, 2021, 02:19:05 AM
>"Let's see if this works."
>Send our swarm of moths at Seija

>Try to have some of the moths fire danmaku a couple of times
>Have the rest eat Seija's danmaku

>You send a swarm of moths at Seija. She immediately tries to shoot them down, but it seems like most of her power is sapped.
>One group of moths neatly dodge the danmaku and shoot their own at Seija. It looks like a laser of silk, an interesting shot option.
>The other group side-step the bullets then attempt to eat them.
>It tastes... Bitter, and unpleasant. Like burnt food. It's entirely possible to eat the danmaku and neither you nor the moths are adversely affected, but it seriously ruins your appetite (-500 Hunger)

>Give a nod
>"You're too good at dodging to hit from afar."

>Seija exerts some effort to dodge your barrage, then frowns, at a compliment? "Okay, now it feels like you're brown-nosing." Is she so contrarian that she refuses to be happy at a compliment?
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 03:09:46 AM
>"Is there anything you aren't contrarian about?"

>Fire danmaku as Seija

>Tell our moth swarm to fire a wave of danmaku at Seija

>Have the moths near Apple and Worm tug on their clothes in the direction of Seija

>Direct our moth swarm to act as if they are probing the outlaw's defenses to distract Seija from the fairies.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 12, 2021, 09:19:12 AM
>"Is there anything you aren't contrarian about?"

>Fire danmaku as Seija

>Tell our moth swarm to fire a wave of danmaku at Seija

>You fire bullets from your position directly at Seija and then combine your assault with a wave from your familiar swarm.
>Seija seems to be on the backfoot. Instead of shooting at the familiars she puts her full focus into dodging.

>Have the moths near Apple and Worm tug on their clothes in the direction of Seija

>Direct our moth swarm to act as if they are probing the outlaw's defenses to distract Seija from the fairies.

>The fairies take a deep breath and approach Seija from behind.
>Seija is harassed by bullets and moths, she's genuinely on the backfoot here. She has her full attention occupied by dodging.
>Worm and Apple go as fast as they possibly can while holding the net, trying to keep a low profile while dodging your bullets and making sure the net isn't damaged.
>This effort culminates in them getting right behind Seija and throwing the net over her while she's in the air.

>"Wha-" Your children continue their efforts, performing aerial manoeuvres to fully tie and trap Seija in the net. This causes her to fall to the ground.
>The duo float down to her, and Seija takes a closer look. "Wait, you two are fairies? Woman, You're definitely not human! Humans don't hate fairies but I don't think they would adopt any! Whatever, questions for later."
>She tries her best to move but the fairies pin her down, with her reduced strength and the net impeding her, she doesn't move a lot. Until she disappears.
>You're getting sick of her disappearing acts and immediately look behind you where-
>Seija is right in front of you holding that damned mallet up! is this a last gambit? She's moving relatively slow and your instincts are fast enough for you to counter before she swings.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 02:33:20 PM
>Tackle Seija and try to pin her
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 12, 2021, 03:09:35 PM
>Tackle Seija and try to pin her

>You pounce onto Seija before she swings, launching the two of you onto the ground and the mallet out of her hand from the impact.
>You attempt to pin her, she struggles and squirms underneath you, but you're bigger than her and managed to keep most of your strength throughout this fight.
>She realises the futility in fighting back and stays still underneath you. Worm and Apple approach the two of you.

>"Mother! Are you okay?!" Worm shows genuine concern but manages to keep the act up.
>Apple however, she's shaking like she was emotionally disturbed. "I almost thought this Youkai was going to kill you! Good thing I stayed back until now."
>Seija has some choice words. "Okay, okay, you captured the 'bad guy' and had your chummy reunion. But I have some questions."
>"We're not obligated to answer them." Worm shuts it down, she has a point.
>But Seija persists. "Why did you two decide to get adopted? And what kind of Youkai is this Interloper?" How rich, the word 'Interloper' coming from Seija.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 04:11:17 PM
>"I'm okay.  Good job."

>Send our moths to cocoon Seija's items

>"We can talk later, Seija."
>"Apple, Worm, could you please check her for any more items?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 12, 2021, 08:24:50 PM
>"I'm okay.  Good job."

>Send our moths to cocoon Seija's items

>"Thank goodness!" Apple almost hugs you, but realises you're stilling pinning Seija.
>You send your moths to the Mallet and they make a thick Cocoon around it, she's not getting that back without some boiling water or your permission.

>"We can talk later, Seija."
>"Apple, Worm, could you please check her for any more items?"

>Seija pouts "...Fine."
>Worm and Apple do a full body check up on Seija, it's a bit awkward due to her position but they find that Red-White Ying-Yang Orb and take it out.
>"Huh, kind of looks like something the Hakurei Shrine Maiden would use."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 08:51:26 PM
>Have our moths cocoon the Red-White Ying-Yang Orb, the Jinzo statue and Seija's hands

>Help Seija up and bind her wrists

>"Weird, you would think only a priest or miko could use it."

>"Could one of you look at the map for a jail and could one of retrieve Seija's items?"

>Watch Seija for any trickery
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 12, 2021, 09:13:55 PM
>Have our moths cocoon the Red-White Ying-Yang Orb, the Jizo statue and Seija's hands

>You continue your safe-proofing. The Ying-Yang Orb, that Jizo Statue and Seija's hands are covered in a cocoon of silk.

>Help Seija up and bind her wrists

>"Weird, you would think only a priest or miko could use it."

>"Could one of you look at the map for a jail and could one of retrieve Seija's items?"

>You get up and help Seija while binding her wrists, this should limit her actions.
>"Yeah, where did Seija even get this? I doubt the Shrine Maiden would let someone get away with stealing one of her Options." Apple ruminates.

>Worm gets the map, while Apple grabs the Cocooned items off the ground.
>"Huh? According to the map, the jail is in the same place as the Hieda Mansion. That doesn't sound right, but it's the only place that's shown as a jail here, let's go."

>Watch Seija for any trickery

>You watch Seija carefully.
>She seems to be looking at her surroundings, probably for an escape route or something to flip for a distraction. She definitely won't be escaping though, not in this circumstance.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 09:26:04 PM
>"Weird."

>Head to the Mansion
>Watch Seija
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 12, 2021, 11:31:28 PM
>"Weird."

>Head to the Mansion
>Watch Seija

>Your party head to the mansion with Seija in tow.
>Worm is in front because she's holding the map, Apple stays next to you while you're leading Seija.
>Seija seems to have given up on an escape for now, she isn't looking around.

>You make it near the Hieda House and see Aizawa "Oh it's you, how did-" He notices your hostage and his eyes go wide. "...Let's report this to the Child of Miare immediately."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 12, 2021, 11:56:24 PM
>"Please lead the way."
>follow Aizawa

>On the way say, "We saw Seija teleport multiple times."
>"She seemed to use her items to do that."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 13, 2021, 10:26:15 AM
>"Please lead the way."
>follow Aizawa

>On the way say, "We saw Seija teleport multiple times."
>"She seemed to use her items to do that."

>"I've heard that she gained 'cheating items' during the period where everyone put out a bounty on her. Perhaps it includes some abilities like those?"
>"Don't worry, sir! I 've got the items inside this cocoon!" Apple says cheerfully.
>"How did they even get into a cocoon? Whatever, we'll probably find out at Hieda."

>Eventually you all make it to the Hieda House, Aizawa explains the situation to guards at the entrance. They look astonished but see you holding Seija hostage, an let you all in.
>Aizawa shouts out "Wake up the Maiden of Miare! We have an important message!"
>"Relax Aizawa, I'm right here."
>You see a woman sitting in a seiza position. She has purple hair, purple eyes and wears a light pink flower-shaped ornament in her hair. She's wearing a green kimono, a jacket with yellow flower-patterned sleeves and a shortened hakama skirt separated by a red, white laced obi.
>Given the context, you can guess this is The Maiden of Miare.
>She's sitting patiently, almost like she knew someone would be coming.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 13, 2021, 04:36:31 PM
>"Good evening, Child of Miare."

>"We need to borrow a jail cell for Miss Seija."
>"Also, where should we put Seija's items?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 13, 2021, 06:06:51 PM
>"Good evening, Child of Miare."

>"Good evening to you too, Mo-... Matriarch."

>"We need to borrow a jail cell for Miss Seija."
>"Also, where should we put Seija's items?"

>"Okay, we'll keep her in secluded room with seals and high security, then I will call the Hakurei Shrine Maiden."
>"As for the items... I know someone who can deal with it." "Just someone? Well I'm hurt!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 13, 2021, 06:24:52 PM
>"It sounds like you have everything planned out."

>"Do you need the items unsealed?"
>"And do you want a report about what happened?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 13, 2021, 07:47:19 PM
>"It sounds like you have everything planned out."

>"Yes, we did have some procedures just in case a Youkai capture in the Human Village ever happened. I honestly thought we would never use them, let alone on Seija."

>"Do you need the items unsealed?"
>"And do you want a report about what happened?"

>"No, don't worry about the items."
>"As for a report...Yes, I would like to hear what happened from your perspective."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 13, 2021, 08:16:21 PM
>Nod
>"Before the report, do you want to put Seija in the room or have her answer questions?"

>Do what Heida wants
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 13, 2021, 08:32:04 PM
>Nod
>"Before the report, do you want to put Seija in the room or have her answer questions?"

>Do what Heida wants

>"No. In fact, I want you to join me in locking her in the sealed room."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 13, 2021, 08:44:05 PM
>"Alright, please lead the way."
>Follow
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 14, 2021, 08:57:42 AM
>"Alright, please lead the way."
>Follow

>"Follow me. You other three stay behind for a moment."
>Akyuu goes towards a wall, or at least what you thought was a wall. The door was somehow hidden to you on your first look of the room, as if it were a gap in your perception.
>You follow Akyuu into the strange door, and things look more mystical.

>You walk through a hallway, there are a lot of spiritual objects for sealing around. Shimenawa Rope, Ofuda, even the walls are etched with prayers.
>And at the end is a room with Ying-Yang Symbol engraved into it.
>"This door and the entire hallway are fail-safes. Seija isn't going to get out once she's in, unless something unbelievable or incredible happens."
>The room makes you a bit uncomfortable. Maybe because of all the Seals against Youkai? If that were the case then you should be writhing in pain.
>No, it's because you feel watched. Like someone is spying on you.
>"Don't worry about that feeling." Akyuu noticed? Is it that obvious? "I can guarantee you that if anyone is watching you here, they aren't extremely malicious."
>"Just shove Seija into the room, and this will be our problem now. Not yours."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 14, 2021, 09:14:15 AM
>"She'll be OK, right?"
>"I know she's a criminal, but I wouldn't be able to sleep if I helped. . ."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 14, 2021, 09:38:09 AM
>"She'll be OK, right?"
>"I know she's a criminal, but I wouldn't be able to sleep if I helped. . ."

>"Oh no! Definitely not! Humans killing Youkai is a line that should almost never be crossed. If the humans got it in their heads that they could get rid of all Youkai, then the entire Meaning and Balance of Gensokyo's existence could be destroyed!"
>"Heh, I recommend you hear me out then."
>You're confused by Seija's words, and so is Akyuu. "What do you mean? If you speak up then maybe we won't be so harsh, maybe we'll even upgrade your meals."
>"Eh, I might as well say why I was snooping around this place."

>"If you would let me speak that is. Here's the deal: You, Gross Bug-Lady, I'm going to spill all I know and why I was here. In exchange, you are going to answer some questions I have. That's a fair deal, Info for Info, right?"
>"And what about me?" Akyuu seems to be mad for being left out of the exchange.
>"Don't worry, o Maiden of Miare, I can say with confidence that this information is valuable to you too."
>"Do we have a deal?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 14, 2021, 09:44:17 AM
>Pause for a moment
>"Deal."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 14, 2021, 10:18:27 AM
>Pause for a moment
>"Deal."

>"Great."

>"So, that thing about Humans killing Youkai? That's true, and there's a group in the Human Village trying to find ways so that either normal humans can kill Youkai or just find a way to eradicate all Youkai from Gensokyo. But I'm guessing our good Maiden of Miare already knows about this."
>Akyuu looks at the ground shamefully. "Yes, we don't know their name though, we just call them The Secret History Association. They investigate the secrets of Gensokyo so they can stockpile history for the future generation and find a way to drive out all Youkai from Gensokyo to create a human-only land."
>"Just as I suspected. They are currently strong enough that the group could defeat an average Youkai, but an individual or smaller group wouldn't stand a chance. As a result, most Youkai don't see them as a big threat and are taking a wait-and-see approach to them."

>"But I'm not going to allow that! I think the other Youkai are just cowards, not willing to go against a Human that is actually plotting to kill them! I want to nip this problem in the bud before it gets serious! As much as I would want the Weak to rule over the Strong, if I end up dying in the process then it's not worth it to me."
>"I was here to scout the Village, maybe I would find where the Association meet up? Maybe I would find someone suspicious and get info out of them? I was scouting near the Seamstress' Shop because somehow that place is still in business despite not getting much traffic, sounds suspicious."
>"That's when I saw a well-looking lady with her children." Seija looks at you "I didn't think much of it at first, but then she just sent them away on their own at night, saying something about a gift for their father? Sounds like an excuse to get the children out of the way, and irresponsible parenting to leave your kids alone at night where Youkai might be around. I was impatient and attacked her. Now I'm here."

>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 14, 2021, 11:51:18 PM
>"I was curious why someone such as yourself would come to the human village."

>"This Secret History Society, are they trying to get rid of all youkai or would those such as the Zashiki-warashi be left alone."
>"Hmm."
>"Isn't their goal in of itself impossible or are they planning to murder humans?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 15, 2021, 11:08:15 AM
>"I was curious why someone such as yourself would come to the human village."

>"This Secret History Society, are they trying to get rid of all youkai or would those such as the Zashiki-warashi be left alone."
>"Hmm."
>"Isn't their goal in of itself impossible or are they planning to murder humans?"

>"These two questions really outline the folly of the Secret History Association."
>"The first one, Yes. They are planning on killing even the Youkai who aren't dangerous and even help Humans. Believe it or not, not all Youkai are like me."
>Akyuu answers the second question. "Yes and no. Yes, it is impossible to enact their goal safely. Although Youkai are more susceptible to Spiritual Attacks than Humans, some Seals and attacks are dangerous to both Youkai and Humans. So they are going to inadvertently kill Humans, but they're probably not planning on doing so."
>"These people are almost like radicals." Akyuu glares at Seija. "Yeah, yeah, I get the irony of that coming from me."

>"But that doesn't answer a question I have."
>It's Seija's turn to glare at Akyuu. "I didn't know you suddenly became part of our deal, but fine, I'll answer one question from you."
>"What made you so curious and impatient as to directly sneak into the Human Village rather than watch from afar?"
>"Well, as I mentioned before, I'm not really one for the wait-and-see approach that the other Youkai are doing. But, I also have reason to assume that the Association are starting to get more powerful."
>"A Human broke into a Hermit's Senkai that was hidden in the Youkai Mountain. That human was obviously uninvited and shooed away, but don't you think it's a bit strange that a regular Human snuck into a Hermit's private world? Those places have very obscure entrances, unless you can create a crack in it with pure spiritual force but that's easier said than done."
>"Wait, what Hermit did this Senkai belong to?" Akyuu asks.
>"Ah! I said one question, that's all from me."

>"And now for the Insect over here. I have some questions, as per our deal."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 11:27:37 AM
>"There are youkai who were originally human.  You'd still have the issue of humans turning into youkai."

>"Ok, what do you wish to know?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 15, 2021, 11:58:38 AM
>"There are youkai who were originally human.  You'd still have the issue of humans turning into youkai."

>"Those were the long-term issues that I didn't want to go into. Because, just thinking about what would happen...I can't bear it..." Akyuu sounds perturbed.

>"Ok, what do you wish to know?"

>"What kind of Insect are you? I think your true nature is deeper than you think."
>"Why did you decide to keep those fairies with you? They don't do much and you could just ditch them at any time."
>"Why help Humans? I know some Youkai help Humans, but that's either because they get something from it, they made a promise, or it's in the inherent nature of their Species."
>"Why did you spit Silk on me! That was really gross!" She really won't let go of that will she?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 06:57:19 PM
>"I'm a silkworm moth."
->Think about the Shinchū and if we might be related to it.

>Frown at Seija's words
>"That is wrong.  I wouldn't have stood a chance against you much less have been able to capture you without them."
>"Well, we started together so they could gain more worldly experience."

>". . .I hate that I cannot say you're wrong.  I wanted to become famous and I like making positive impacts in people's lives."

>"Come on, people wear it and make towels from it.  Unlike spiders it didn't come from the other end. How can it be gross?"
>"Honestly, it was to distract and disorient you."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 15, 2021, 09:00:18 PM
>"I'm a silkworm moth."
->Think about the Shinchū and if we might be related to it.


>You think for a moment about the Shinchū, the Divine Insect. Your knowledge of it is scant, you do know that they resemble Silkworm Moths and that they have a near insatiable hunger. That would explain your ability to eat anything, but do you really have enough of an appetite to eat 6000 demons? Maybe, now that you think about it. Misfortune tastes great, so what would an Evil Spirit taste like? You cut your thoughts for now.
>But you keep this tucked in your mind for later.
"Ooh, she's getting closer! I might need to speed up the arrangements."
>Frown at Seija's words
>"That is wrong.  I wouldn't have stood a chance against you much less have been able to capture you without them."
>"Well, we started together so they could gain more worldly experience."

>"Huh, Worldly experience? I guess they're trying to get stronger, a classic reason to go adventuring. But about that capture, any other person could have done that. It didn't have to be those Fairies."
>Surprisingly, Akyuu comes to your defence. "That doesn't change the fact that they were integral to your capture. That reminds me, I'm going to have to reward all of you for this."

>". . .I hate that I cannot say you're wrong.  I wanted to become famous and I like making positive impacts in people's lives."

>Akyuu once again states her view. "I will say that expecting compensation for a good deed is something everyone, even most Youkai, are inclined to believe. I think that our Insect here is even better, considering that she didn't even want a physical gift, just recognition."

>"Come on, people wear it and make towels from it.  Unlike spiders it didn't come from the other end. How can it be gross?"
>"Honestly, it was to distract and disorient you."

>"Well, if I spat on your face it wouldn't very nice, would it? Oh you disoriented me alright, gonna have to note that for next time."

>"And with that, I'm satisfied."
>Seija then walks into the Secluded Room, completely of her own volition. The door is still open, however
>"Hmm, thought you would be more unwilling to be sent to a prison cell."
>"Normally, yes. But if I'm correct, only Three People in Gensokyo can open this door once closed?"
>Akyuu squints "Yes, but how do you know that? Why specifically Three?"
>"This place looks extremely high-security, so it's easy to assume you would also make it so a limited amount of people have clearance to open the door from the outside. And there's only Three people you would trust with an outlaw like me."
>"The best part about being here: it's almost impossible for me to get killed! Only a few people can open this door, and I can subsist on very little food, so I'm going to stay here like a good girl. Who knows, maybe the Secret History Association wins, and they still can't open this door!"
>"Seija, we all know you're lying about staying in here, rebellion and contrarianism is in your nature. I'm sure that the moment we leave you alone you're going to start plotting a jail-break."
>"Yeah, but it's going to take a while for me to get out."

>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 09:33:14 PM
>"When we meet again, I'll try to have some new trick to show you.  Hopefully, I won't have pull off abilities I didn't know I had."

>"I still have one question, what was the name of the hermit you mentioned earlier?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 15, 2021, 09:53:57 PM
>"When we meet again, I'll try to have some new trick to show you.  Hopefully, I won't have pull off abilities I didn't know I had."

>"I still have one question, what was the name of the hermit you mentioned earlier?"

>"Ah, I'm not obligat-"
>"The deal, Seija. She answered your questions, it's still on." Akyuu is already a step ahead.
>"...Tch, her name is Kasen Ibaraki. As I said before, she has a Senkai, or at least something that resembles it, in the Youkai Mountain and spends most of her time there. She occasionally leaves it, I'm not sure to where. That's all I know."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 10:11:19 PM
>"Thank you."

>Turned to Akyuu
>"Is there anything else we should ask?  Or do you want to close the door?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 15, 2021, 10:27:31 PM
>"Thank you."

>"Don't mention it. Seriously, don't. I despise actively helping others."

>Turned to Akyuu
>"Is there anything else we should ask?  Or do you want to close the door?"

>"...No, I've gotten most of the information I need, Seija was right, this was valuable to me."
>Akyuu walks towards the door and starts closing it.
>"I'll see you later!" Bold words from Seija, and the door is completely shut.
>Akyuu looks surprisingly drained the moment she closes the door. "I'm going to have my work cut out for me. Let's leave."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 15, 2021, 11:16:21 PM
>Let out a tense breath
>"I was worried she was going to escape."
>"That sounds like a good idea."

>Follow Akyuu
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 16, 2021, 12:03:56 PM
>Let out a tense breath
>"I was worried she was going to escape."
>"That sounds like a good idea."

>Follow Akyuu

>You walk back through the hallway. While walking, Akyuu voices her gratitude.
>"I have to thank you for coming here with me. I may not have shown it but that was nerve-wrecking for me."

>You make it back to the main room of the Hieda House, and see Aizawa chatting with the Fairies.
>"-Well, sometimes you just need a tool, or a weapon with you to fight. Even in Spell Card Duels, not that I do any."
>"I don't get it, you could just use your special ability, or just danmaku instead of waving around a metal stick."
>"What? Do you have a special ability? You're just children! Unless-"
>"Oh hey, Mother's back!" Looks like you interrupted a lively discussion between Apple and Aizawa.
>"How was it? Are you safe? Did that Youkai say mean things to you?" It's getting harder to discern whether they're sincere questions or part of the act.
>Meanwhile, Akyuu goes back to sitting in a seiza at the centre of the room. She's smiling probably waiting for the group to finish their fun before continuing.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 16, 2021, 11:12:33 PM
>"It went surprisingly well.  Seija went peacefully."

>"Were you girls good for Mr. Aizawa?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 17, 2021, 12:26:07 AM
>"It went surprisingly well.  Seija went peacefully."

>"Were you girls good for Mr. Aizawa?"

>"Eh, just discussing battle tactics."
>"For some reason, your kids just don't get the allure of using a weapon or tools."
>"Hey, I just don't need them, okay!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 17, 2021, 12:51:26 AM
>"How do you use your weapons for fighting?  I imagine it would be unwise to use against youkai."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 17, 2021, 01:14:00 AM
>"How do you use your weapons for fighting?  I imagine it would be unwise to use against youkai."

>Aizawa gives a smirk. "With a Skill gained through a harsh training regiment, and my Sword Aura. But enough about that, The Maiden must be done waiting."
>Despite what Aizawa says, Akyuu is still sitting patiently.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 17, 2021, 01:42:24 AM
>"Ah, yes."

>Watch Aizawa so we can act with respect
>Copy his actions that seem to be polite manners
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 17, 2021, 01:43:03 PM
>"Ah, yes."

>Watch Aizawa so we can act with respect
>Copy his actions that seem to be polite manners

>Aizawa stands upright, almost resolute in posture. You do your best to copy him, this stance must be something done when in the presence of people with a higher station than you.
>Worm and Apple just stand normally, almost looking bored. Well, Fairies aren't known for their polite manners.
>Akyuu confirms the room, then speaks.

>"I must thank you, Matriarch, for capturing the Infamous Oulaw Seija. Who knows what kind of danger she could have posed to the Human Village if you didn't catch her."
>"Thankfully no other parts of the Human Village were attacked, all the other Youkai spotted were just regulars, or people going to Geidontei. No hostility to speak of." Again with that place, Geidontei. What's so interesting about it?
>"Now that the safety of the Village has been confirmed today due to our dutiful protectors, I'd like to reward our Matriarch here."
>"You and your children can have a gift of your choice, and I will try my best with the resources of the Human Village to give it to you!"
>"So, what do you want as a reward?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 18, 2021, 04:44:57 PM
>"We are glad we could help."

>What do you want?
->Food, money?  You've got a little sum.
->A house?  Apple and Worm have their tree and you can always make one if need be.

->Fame?  Yes!

-->You want to be known.  To be remembered as noble in personality, but then you can't ask for fame if you want to be noble.
---> Not asking for riches would also help cultivate that image and make yourself seem selfless.

>Apple and Worm also want fame.  They would. . .

>"I would like to request that my daughters receive equal credit for this capture and their efforts underscored."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 18, 2021, 10:26:35 PM
>"We are glad we could help."

>What do you want?
->Food, money?  You've got a little sum.
->A house?  Apple and Worm have their tree and you can always make one if need be.

->Fame?  Yes!

-->You want to be known.  To be remembered as noble in personality, but then you can't ask for fame if you want to be noble.
---> Not asking for riches would also help cultivate that image and make yourself seem selfless.

>Apple and Worm also want fame.  They would. . .

>"I would like to request that my daughters receive equal credit for this capture and their efforts underscored."

>Akyuu raises a brow. "Hmm, anything I can give you and you choose that? Very well! I will make sure that the word is spread, and that retellings of this event will give attention to your children's part in the capture." She sounds and looks serious, resolute in her words like this is her life's mission.
>Apple is shaking in excitement, at least she knows she should contain herself until this ends. However, Worm looks slightly confused.
>"Thank you, Maiden of Miare. My sister and I hope you can achieve my Mother's wishes." At least the confusion allows her to speak, unlike Apple.

>"Are their any words you would like to say to me? If not, you can take your leave." Akyuu waits.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 12:32:14 AM
>"Thank you very much."
>Give a bow

>Did we already tell her what happened?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 19, 2021, 07:43:18 AM
>"Thank you very much."
>Give a bow

>Did we already tell her what happened?

>...Huh, you didn't.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 08:12:13 PM
>"If it is more convenient for you, we could tell you the story how we captured Seija tomorrow unless you would prefer to hear it now."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 19, 2021, 08:53:35 PM
>"If it is more convenient for you, we could tell you the story how we captured Seija tomorrow unless you would prefer to hear it now."

>"Thank you for offering. I would like you to tell me the story tomorrow, I need my sleep and I'm guessing you should have business. Just meet me in this House at anytime and I will listen."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 19, 2021, 11:19:33 PM
>"Good night."

>Take our leave

>How tired are we?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 20, 2021, 10:27:08 AM
>"Good night."

>"Good night to you too. Sweet dreams."

>Take our leave

>How tired are we?

>You walk out of the Hieda House, going back into the cloak of night.
>You are not very tired, but the fairies...
>"It's getting late isn't it? I can't even tell the time right now, might be midnight." Worm looks up to the sky, completely empty except for The Moon.
>"I don't know why, but watching the Moth-Lady put herself in danger and fight that Criminal really drained me." Apple was that worried about you?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 20, 2021, 10:25:25 PM
>"I wasn't worried with the two of you watching my back."

>Check the map for an inn.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 20, 2021, 10:44:46 PM
>"I wasn't worried with the two of you watching my back."

>Worm blushes. "You need to stop complimenting us like this. My heart can't take it!"

>Check the map for an inn.

>You get the Map back from Worm and Examine it for an Inn.
>To your shock, there's no Inn. At least, not on the map.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 20, 2021, 11:32:26 PM
>"I don't think either of you realize how much of a help you were with Seija."

>"I'm not seeing an inn on the map.  So our options look to be the warehouse or home."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 21, 2021, 06:19:10 AM
>"I don't think either of you realize how much of a help you were with Seija."

>"Well then, you're welcome! A-And thanks for having faith in us!" Apple seems to have appreciated your words, while Worm is still blushing heavily.

>"I'm not seeing an inn on the map.  So our options look to be the warehouse or home."

>"Okay, let me think. Home may be more familiar, but the warehouse is closer and we have business early in the Human Village tomorrow."
>"Oh, come on, Worm! Do you really want to sleep in that creepy warehouse?"
>"Yes, unless you want to rush from the Youkai Mountain to the Human Village early in the morning."
>Apple then pouts and crosses her arms while Worm sighs in exasperation.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 07:46:34 AM
>What time is our appointment with the florist

>How long does it take to get home?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 21, 2021, 08:04:28 AM
>What time is our appointment with the florist

>Around 9AM

>How long does it take to get home?

>Assuming you flew at top speed (which admittedly isn't very fast for you...) you could make it back to The Great Youkai Forest in an hour. This is also assuming you aren't hindered by any obstructions. By your estimates.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 08:27:08 AM
>"My latern may help make it less creepy.  Is there anything else that would make it less creepy?"

>"Otherwise we lose quite a bit of time just traveling."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 21, 2021, 09:06:38 AM
>"My lantern may help make it less creepy.  Is there anything else that would make it less creepy?"

>"Otherwise we lose quite a bit of time just traveling."

>Now it's Apple's turn to act nervous. "A-ah, I guess just being with you would make it less creepy."
>"The Lamp will help too. Really it's just the darkness and the atmosphere that makes it creepy. The ghost of a dead Kappa could jump out at any time!"
>"...Apple, I'm pretty sure ghosts aren't a dangerous problem. Especially in Gensokyo."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 06:33:55 PM
>"A Kappa ghost would tinker or challenge us to sumo."
>Take an exaggerated sumo stance

>Stand back up and summon a familiar
>Have it land on our extended finger

>"And the little moths can keep us safe from any spooks."

>Try to feed the familiar extra magic
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 21, 2021, 07:26:10 PM
>"A Kappa ghost would tinker or challenge us to sumo."
>Take an exaggerated sumo stance

>Apple looks frightened. "B-but I'm not good at Sumo..."

>Stand back up and summon a familiar
>Have it land on our extended finger

>"And the little moths can keep us safe from any spooks."

>Try to feed the familiar extra magic

>You feed the moth some extra spiritual power, not much though, you don't want to drain yourself. It grows a bit bigger.
>Apple looks awestruck. "Yes, I knew it! As long as the Moth-Lady is here we'll be A-Okay!"
>"Good that you decided to finally swing back to hyperactivity, Apple. I wouldn't know what to do if you kept being a downer."
>"By the way, Purifier. You're lucky no-one was around or else that would've blown our disguise and act."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 21, 2021, 08:24:53 PM
>Give an embarrassed chuckle
>"True."
>"Changing topics, let's head to the warehouse while everyone is ok with it."

>If Apple and Worm are ready head to the warehouse.

>How attention grabbing is summoning a familiar
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 21, 2021, 09:47:37 PM
>Give an embarrassed chuckle
>"True."
>"Changing topics, let's head to the warehouse while everyone is ok with it."

>"Yeah, let's go."

>If Apple and Worm are ready head to the warehouse.

>How attention grabbing is summoning a familiar

>Your party heads to the Warehouse. While heading there, you ruminate on how much attention summoning a familiar would get you.
>You're not exactly an expert on this but you're pretty sure that conjuring an animal out of nowhere would raise a few eyebrows if you were a seemingly normal Human. You could attempt to act as if the familiar is just a regular animal, like having it come from a blind-spot and shooing it away as if it were a regular pest. Good thing it's Summer, insects love to come out, much to your enjoyment.

>You make it back to the Warehouse, looks the same as when you left it. Complete with Silk patchwork on the roof.
>Apple seems to be distancing herself a bit from you, unlike last time. Has she gained confidence or is she just acting tough? Maybe both.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 23, 2021, 07:03:11 AM
>Take out our lantern and light it

>How do we normally sleep

>Does our moth feel like it is taking more magic to keep around?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 23, 2021, 08:33:45 AM
>Take out our lantern and light it

>How do we normally sleep

>Does our moth feel like it is taking more magic to keep around?

>You take out your Lamp and light it. Truly, an attractive light in the middle of this darkness!
>Your sleeping conditions honestly weren't good. You had no 'house', just your territory, so you just slept in trees or on the floor within it. Otherwise, you sleep in the same way everyone else does.
>No, the moth doesn't really take more energy. Then again, this is only one above-average familiar, a group might be more draining. Making it even bigger might also get a bit taxing, but you can only know these things by trying you guess.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 23, 2021, 11:32:56 PM
>Lead the fairies to the bedrooms

>Place the lantern on a table or hook if able

>Take the human clothes off so we're in the silk robe.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 24, 2021, 06:17:49 AM
>Lead the fairies to the bedrooms

>You walk through the Warehouse with the Lamp's light illuminating the area. The machinery still confuses you. It's Kappa-made for sure, but there's stuff here that you've never seen. Well, you only lived on the Base of the Mountain.
>Worm distances herself from you but still looks around as if on guard for something.

>You make it to the bedrooms, right next to the bathrooms. You saw enough of the room to just confirm it as a bedroom last time. A look inside tells you more as you scan the room casually.
>On the far end of the room there are two beds, one above the other. You guess this is a bunk bed, but you've only heard of it and never seen one until now. There are hooks on a wall near the entrance to the room, and you think that is where the Kappa hung their clothes or coats. On the opposite side of the hooks there's a table, and on it is a machine with a screen displaying some numbers. You guess this is a type of clock, for it's currently displaying 1:00 AM on it.

>"The Kappa must've been prepared to stay here for a long time. I'm shocked I haven't seen a machine to cook food at this point."
>"Who knows, Worm? Maybe they made one and we just haven't recognized it because we aren't as smart in technology as the Kappa."
>"Apple, were you always smart enough to make these kind of suggestions?"
>"Hey! I'm only as dumb as you. I just figure things out differently."

>Place the lantern on a table or hook if able

>You place your Lamp on the table, next to the clock. It's more stable than the hook and illuminates the room.

>Take the human clothes off so we're in the silk robe.

>You take off the Human Disguise: the hat followed by the shoes, then the obi and finally the kimono. You leave The Robe on, though.
>While undressing you peek behind you and see Worm looking away. Right, she's averse to this stuff.
>You neatly fold the Kimono and place it on the table, then put the hat on one of wall hooks and leave your shoes on the floor.
>"Luckily there are two beds here. I'm taking the top one with Apple. For reasons that you should understand by now. Don't peek."
>Worm and Apple also get undressed, following similar steps to you, and jump into the top bed. Looks like they couldn't wait.
>"Wow! This is what an actual bed feels like! It's so soft, and this pillow? I think that's what this is? It's great!"
>"I don't think I've ever seen Worm this emotional over something so mundane."
>"This is the first ever bed I've been in. We slept on interior tree bark for most of our lives. Please don't ruin this for me, Apple."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 24, 2021, 09:07:09 AM
>"If there is a kitchen we'll find it in the morning."
>"Hmmm, good point Worm.  This place is bound to have more pleasant surprises."

>Give a light chuckle at their antics

>Get the bottom bunk and take in the unique experience

>"I could addicted to this.  Hot water and soft beds, I bet this place is better than the homes in the human village or at least most of them."

>Put the equivalent of several minutes worth of magic into our familiar, but stop if it gets bigger than our head.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 24, 2021, 10:51:33 AM
>"If there is a kitchen we'll find it in the morning."
>"Hmmm, good point Worm.  This place is bound to have more pleasant surprises."

>Give a light chuckle at their antics

>"Yeah, the Kappa are interesting inventors. Wouldn't shock me if they somehow found a way to give every Human flight." Apple says
>"That sounds a bit outrageous. The only way to give everyone flight would be to give them all wings or strap some sort of high-powered propeller on them."

>You smile and chuckle a bit. The fairies' antics are something that you can enjoy, especially after dealing with Seija.

>Get the bottom bunk and take in the unique experience

>"I could addicted to this.  Hot water and soft beds, I bet this place is better than the homes in the human village or at least most of them."

>You get into the bottom bunk and understand what Worm meant. Compared to the floor or a tree, this is absolutely wonderful! The gentle warmth could coax you to relaxation and sleep at any time, let alone when you're exhausted.
>"Heh, this is a good upgrade to our Shrine at least. I am going to miss it though."
>"I'm pretty sure the Human Village don't need us forever. We could go back to the Youkai Mountain after our business here is done. Visit home again."
>"Sounds good, but as you said, we have business here. You want to return after this too, Moth-Lady?"

>Put the equivalent of several minutes worth of magic into our familiar, but stop if it gets bigger than our head.

>You call your familiar over and pour some magic into it. Slowly, over time.
>It grows bigger, but what really shocks you is how big it gets. It's already getting bigger than your head and you only put in a small amount of spiritual power compared to your maximum amount. (-100 Hunger)
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 25, 2021, 02:44:47 AM
>"I miss home a little.  Going out has given me a lot of ideas to improve it."
>"I just have mixed feelings after meeting all these nice people, these luxuries, and getting to help."

>"Before we head back we should pick out some beds."

>Tell the familiar to place some silk on our shoes after we fall asleep.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 25, 2021, 11:33:11 AM
>"I miss home a little.  Going out has given me a lot of ideas to improve it."
>"I just have mixed feelings after meeting all these nice people, these luxuries, and getting to help."

>"I've only read of this kind of luxury in the Newspapers or books. Now that I have a feel for it I have some ideas on improvements to the Shrine."

>"Before we head back we should pick out some beds."

>Tell the familiar to place some silk on our shoes after we fall asleep.

>"That's what I was thinking too. We might take some more stuff."
>"Ooh! Worm, are you graduating from stealing books to stealing beds? You might become a full-fledged kleptomaniac soon." Apple teases.
>"I'm always going to regret talking about that."

>You tell your familiar to put silk on your shoes after you fall asleep.
>You aren't sure this will work considering the last time you tried something similar, the familiars just disappeared when you slept. It might be different this time, however.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 25, 2021, 04:00:05 PM
>Fall asleep.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 26, 2021, 08:25:24 AM
>Fall asleep.

>You lay into your bed with sheets and covers over you. Allowing yourself to slip into unconsciousness...
Your dreams are a maelstrom of memories and imagination. After living in a thick forest with a blood-red sky, your monotony was finally broken by your actions. May your name finally be known in Gensokyo.
Your mind sorts out the loose ends of your experiences. You think Hina is collecting Dolls, trying to aid Gensokyo in any way she needed to. Akyuu could be preparing for your meeting, maybe preparing her agenda? Something about the Secret History Association? You still have business with Hanako, those Kama Itachi must have reasons for taking her herbs. Your imagination completes the image.
Seija must be thinking of a possible prison-break. There is no way she's just sitting there quietly.
Your mind focuses on her, Seija, and the fight. This was your first serious fight with Danmaku. It felt short, and maybe it was, but your memories
still condense it down to the important moments. The dynamic nature of your opponent. Your silk trapping their movements. Your analysis of her Spell Card. These all influence your strategy going forward. After all, you are the sum of your experiences.
You feel more confidence in your fighting capabilities after analysing the fight in this semi-lucid state.
>Danmaku Expertise: Level 2
>>Spell Card Analysis: You can attempt to analyse a Spell Card. You must be in it, and while analysing you are vulnerable due to split attention, unless you take precautions to protect yourself. Success gives you an overview of the Spell Card along with the main strategy of Capturing it,
>>Moth Familiar Option*: You can shoot Danmaku from your familiars, the default is a jet of silk that acts like a laser. The main advantage of this is being able to shoot while moving, and shooting from multiple locations. You can shoot a barrage of strong, restrictive silk in exchange for a bit of Hunger.

>You awake to the sound of chatter.
>"-and that shower! It's great! We're definitely taking it with us when we go back to the Shrine!" That upbeat voice, unmistakable.
>"Apple, you tease me for stealing, and yet you're the most ecstatic to uproot everything in this place." That voice of reason, similarly difficult to confuse.
>You shuffle your body to look at your fae companions. Worm and Apple are in towels. They must've been showering.
>_?
#*An "Option" refers to a shot-type. Think of Reimu's Neddles, Ofuda, and Orbs. Or Marisa's Illusion Lasers and Magic Missiles.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 26, 2021, 10:24:27 AM
>Check the time

>"Good morning."
>"It sounds like a need to get cleaned up before the faucets get pilthered," say in a light hearted voice.

>Can we see any silk on our shoes?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 26, 2021, 10:52:10 AM
>Check the time

>You look towards the Table Clock, it displays 8:00 AM.

>"Good morning."
>"It sounds like a need to get cleaned up before the faucets get pilthered," say in a light hearted voice.

>Can we see any silk on our shoes?

>"Good morning to you too, Purifier. And yes, we should get cleaned soon before our kleptomania acts up."
>"In all seriousness we have business with Hanako, the florist, soon. We should get ready to meet with her, and remember the plan." Right, the disguise and dealing with the Weasels.

>You look towards your shoes and surprisingly see a light layer of silk on them. But the familiar itself is gone.
>Your guess is that the familiar tried to fulfil your last command before you fell asleep, ran out of power, then vanished. It might also do with the extra energy it had. Perhaps the real problem before was that you never stored energy into the familiars, so when you went unconscious they had no power and disappeared.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 27, 2021, 05:25:26 AM
>Grab our clothes and get bathed
>Get dressed

>"Ready.  Let's go."
>Head to the florist
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 27, 2021, 08:51:24 AM
>Grab our clothes and get bathed
>Get dressed

>You grab your clothes and run into the bathroom. Unlike before, you decide not to enjoy it for longer than you have to.
>When you're done you get dressed, in the Human Disguise to be specific. The plan relies on this a bit.

>"Ready.  Let's go."
>Head to the florist

>By the time you make it back to the fairies, they're also dressed in their disguises.
>"Great, Purifier. Let's hurry."
>You walk to the Florist's Shop in the Human Village. Inside you see Hanako, as expected, and Ame. Huh.
>"Oh, Escort! You're here! And at such convenient timing."
>"Yeah, the mission is about to begin. The old woman here is making the final preparations."
>"Now, Ame, you shouldn't call this a mission. That's far too serious."
>Hanako pulls on Ame's ear. "And what did I say about calling me old woman?
>"Ah, sorry! Sorry!"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 28, 2021, 08:23:10 AM
>Keep our face neutral and breath slowly
->Don't laugh.

>Let out a snort cough

>"It's more of an exciting walk?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 28, 2021, 08:50:27 AM
>Keep our face neutral and breath slowly
->Don't laugh.

>You attempt to keep a straight face. It would probably be a bit rude to laugh at this, but you weren't expecting this kind of...spectacle early in the morning.

>Let out a snort cough

>You still end up letting out a small snort. Hopefully they don't notice.

>"It's more of an exciting walk?"

>Ame responds during her punishment. "Ah, yes! Yes! An exciting walk where the main activity will be herb gathering! This is not a mission just a Mother and Daughter's day out together! Please could you-?!"
>Hanako lets go of her ear. "Okay, that was a bit too much back-pedalling, but you're fine. For now."
>"I did not know this kind of dynamic could exist. They look like Mother and Daughter, like us, but in a different way." Worm says, observing the events.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 29, 2021, 07:51:30 PM
>"I didn't realize Ame was your daughter when we met last night."

>Turn to Ame
>"Are you usually in the shop?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 29, 2021, 08:53:04 PM
>"I didn't realize Ame was your daughter when we met last night."

>"I can understand why. Our family doesn't have any outstanding traits other than the fact that my mother is the only Human Florist villagers know of. Even our hair colour is fairly common. I could've been from any no-name family." Ame brings to attention her brown hair, similar in shade to her mother. But still generic.

>Turn to Ame
>"Are you usually in the shop?"

>"Yeah, usually in the morning. Helping Mum prepare for her gathering, but this time I'm coming with her. After that Kama Itachi attack I can't just sit by."
>"Oh, speaking of attacks and Youkai: I knew you were a Youkai the moment I saw you yesterday. Mostly because the old woman here can't help but tell me every detail of her day, and that includes meeting a Youkai that she planned to disguise as a Human. But also because as a Night Guard I'm keen on seeing through possible Youkai disguised as Humans. But still, Good job with Seija!" Looks like the disguise isn't infallible.
>"Wait, was that the loud noises I heard while I was trying to sleep? Was there a Spell Card Duel happening right outside my shop?!" She heard that?
>"Yes. But you should relax, Florist. The Purifier made sure that no damage was done to the buildings."

>Hanako breathes a sigh of relief. "Okay. Now that my potential heart attack is gone, I'd like to continue with our preparations."
>She reaches into the wooden box and pulls out a vase of pink and blue flowers.
>"Young girl, Worm, I think your name was? You asked for a plant with a propensity for overgrowth. This is it: an Ivy-Hydrangea cross-breed, it's also enchanted so its position is highlighted on my map."
>"Perfect!"
>"Alright, Worm, My curiosity is peaking. What are you going to do with that?"
>"Throw it at the Weasels!"
>What?! Okay, you weren't expecting a reckless plan from Worm. But this reminds you that she's still a fairy. A relatively intelligent fairy, but still a fairy.

>"Let me explain: The moment these plants were put in this vase they've slowly started dying. That is an unavoidable part of life. My ability is Regeneration, so if I throw this vase of flowers at the Weasels and focus my powers on it, then it will start growing again."
>"And shrub plants often overgrow and coil around objects. So your plan is to have the flowers coil around the Weasels, preventing them from moving properly by binding them. This has the advantage of them being easier to track due to the enchantments." Hanako realises the technique.
>"Exactly! The nearest thing I could compare it to is our capture of Seija, but with plants instead of silk. I should make a cool name, maybe turn this into a Spell Card!" Worm is really excited for something that only exists in theory.
>Ame interjects. "Okay, before you get into naming stuff: How are you going to even hit the Weasels with this? They move faster than the average eye can follow."
>Worm has the wind taken out of her sails. "Uh...Hmm...Hey, Purifer. Any ideas?"
>Apple makes a suggestion. "We would need some method of knowing which direction they're coming from before they arrive. Then we can aim where they're going to be."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 05:52:36 AM
>"I can understand why. Our family doesn't have any outstanding traits other than the fact that my mother is the only Human Florist villagers know of. Even our hair colour is fairly common. I could've been from any no-name family." Ame brings to attention her brown hair, similar in shade to her mother. But still generic.

>"Yeah, usually in the morning. Helping Mum prepare for her gathering, but this time I'm coming with her. After that Kama Itachi attack I can't just sit by."
>"Oh, speaking of attacks and Youkai: I knew you were a Youkai the moment I saw you yesterday. Mostly because the old woman here can't help but tell me every detail of her day, and that includes meeting a Youkai that she planned to disguise as a Human. But also because as a Night Guard I'm keen on seeing through possible Youkai disguised as Humans. But still, Good job with Seija!" Looks like the disguise isn't infallible.
>"Wait, was that the loud noises I heard while I was trying to sleep? Was there a Spell Card Duel happening right outside my shop?!" She heard that?
>"Yes. But you should relax, Florist. The Purifier made sure that no damage was done to the buildings."

>"Thank you for not exposing us.  That really helped us in capturing Seija."

>Strike a thinking pose.
>"Hmm, no that wouldn't work.  Wait, if we put sap or something sticky on the leaves it could get stuck on the Kama Itachi."
>"I mean we put some leaves in the basket or stems."
>"After we track them down my moths can then drop leaves on top of them, but. . ."

>"Apple, do you think you could use your power to get rid of their claws?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 31, 2021, 08:13:06 AM
>"Thank you for not exposing us.  That really helped us in capturing Seija."

>"Eh, no problem. If you had a nice conversation with my Mum, then chances are you had a good reason for that disguise."

>Strike a thinking pose.
>"Hmm, no that wouldn't work.  Wait, if we put sap or something sticky on the leaves it could get stuck on the Kama Itachi."
>"I mean we put some leaves in the basket or stems."
>"After we track them down my moths can then drop leaves on top of them, but. . ."

>Hanako wracks her mind for anything. "...I've got nothing. I was thinking of gathering sap or honey one day, but who goes to the Florist for sap and honey?"

>"Apple, do you think you could use your power to get rid of their claws?"

>"Yeah, just cause the upper dermal layer of their skin to decompose, leaving a less harder, less sharp and more sensitive hand or paw. This way I can get rid of the threat without destroying their entire hand, because that would be mean." That was surprisingly detailed for Apple.
>Ame says her view "I didn't think you would care about that. They are Youkai, so they could probably heal back their entire hand with no problem."
>"Yeah, but if I got killed and came back I would be pretty mad at the person who killed me. Similar logic with the hand thing."
>"...I feel like these conversations can only happen with a fairy. But I'm going to have to get used to them." Hanako will never get used to them.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on July 31, 2021, 09:28:02 AM
>"Could we get some resin from a tree on our way?"

>"When you say it that way it sounds like a vengeful spirit."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on July 31, 2021, 10:01:44 AM
>"Could we get some resin from a tree on our way?"

>"No, a tree takes days to create resin after healing. It would take months to harvest a meaningful amount of resin from a tree. My common sense and intuition as a Florist tells me this is a-"
>"An amazing idea. As always, from the Purifier" Worm interjects.
>"If we damage a tree then use my regeneration on it, then it should start immediately creating resin. A good amount of it as well."
>"...Right, I forgot that I shouldn't be bound by common sense. Your regeneration ability sounds strange though."

>"When you say it that way it sounds like a vengeful spirit."

>"Aren't we all capable of spite in some way? Humans and Youkai are alike in that regard. But let's not get Philosophical."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 01, 2021, 10:01:19 AM
>"I had the same thought yesterday."
>"Without Apple and Worm I would never have guessed I could make silk and we wouldn't have caught Seija."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 01, 2021, 12:58:23 PM
>"I had the same thought yesterday."
>"Without Apple and Worm I would never have guessed I could make silk and we wouldn't have caught Seija."

>Worm coughs and blushes. "Y-yes! We were an integral part of that capture! Truly we prove that companionship is important!"
>"You're laying it on too thick, Worm. And that's coming from me."

>"Alright. We've got the overall skeleton of a plan here. We can proceed to the Forest. Unless you have something you want to add, Escort?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 02, 2021, 02:29:19 AM
>"No, let's go."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 02, 2021, 08:32:42 AM
>"No, let's go."

>"Alright, time to pack and go."
>Worm gets The Overgrowth Hybrid
>>Overgrowth Hybrid: A vase of Plant Hybrids. Allows Worm to use a special technique, soon to be named.

>Hanako grabs the Box and straps it to her back while Ame equips herself with a Yari. Then you leave the shop.
>As you walk to the front gate, you note the looks that you get from nearby villagers. Probably because a large group of Humans leaving at such an early time is unusual, but they could rationalise that as two Mothers and their daughters going on a trip.

>You and Hanako's Family walk into the Forest.
>This Forest is interesting. The foliage isn't as thick as The Great Youkai Forest, so you can actually see the sun, but in exchange the type of flora growing here are strange to say the least. A large number of fungi in a myriad of colours, some changing from one colour to another depending on your angle of view, and you're pretty sure that one of them was a technicolour mushroom? That isn't even getting started on the regular plants. Well, 'regular' is a strong word. They seem normal, until you see what looks like an oversized Venus Flytrap, the sweet smell almost distracts you, and it would have if it weren't for the abhorrent smell of the even larger Rafflesia next to it. You wouldn't know what's safe to touch unless you lived here.
>But Hanako...
>"Right! Did you know that if you distil the fluids of this Flytrap then you can make a naturally sweet tea? Oh, and if you boil this Rafflesia it makes for a good vegetable to go into your soup? It also gets rid of the smell, thankfully." This seems like her natural habitat.
>Worm and Apple are briefly interested in her plant talk. But then look around the area with concerned expressions.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 04, 2021, 09:44:17 AM
>Do we have a sweet tooth

>Nod as we try to memorize what she is saying
>"What does that flytrap eat?"

>Steal one of the leafs from overgrowth hybrid and keep it safe in our fist

>Do we think like we could take on the weasels in a danmaku duel?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 04, 2021, 11:01:29 AM
>Do we have a sweet tooth

>Due to your ability, you aren't particularly choosy with what you eat. But sweet food is pretty good because it has an actual noticeable taste, unlike wood or dust. Nothing beats that Misfortune, though.

>Nod as we try to memorize what she is saying
>"What does that flytrap eat?"

>Hanako ponders and puts a hand to her chin. "I haven't really researched them much, but I do have some guesses. Probably insects, as per the normal version of the Flytrap. However, it had to have a reason for becoming this large. Maybe it occasionally eats Fairies and Insect Youkai for more nutrition." Hanako is most likely teasing you with that last part.
>But you do notice that there are a large number of insects gathering. No doubt attracted by the Flytrap and the Rafflesia.

>Steal one of the leafs from overgrowth hybrid and keep it safe in our fist

>You attempt to reach for the vase of Hybrids, but Worm notices.
>"Whoa! Don't sneak up on me like that! Do you need anything?"

>Do we think like we could take on the weasels in a danmaku duel?

>You don't know how powerful the Weasels are in terms of Danmaku. Assuming you faced them with your raw strength, you would say "No".
>Their speed most likely dwarfs yours immensely, and they would dodge what you shoot at them. Getting rid of their speed advantage or making a situation where it doesn't matter would be your best bet. But apparently Worm's technique would do the former, the latter... That's most likely up to you.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 06, 2021, 07:36:47 AM
>"I wanted to get a few leaves from the plant, preferably with a small stem."

>"Hanako, taking a few leaves shouldn't hurt the hybrid, right?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 06, 2021, 09:41:29 AM
>"I wanted to get a few leaves from the plant, preferably with a small stem."

>"O-oh. You could've just asked, Purifier. There's no way I'm saying no to you."

>"Hanako, taking a few leaves shouldn't hurt the hybrid, right?"

>"No, not much. Just a few leaves is nothing."
>"Alright, Purifier. Here." Worm snaps a branch of the Hybrid and hands it to you.
>You've gained A Hybrid Branch
>>Hybrid Branch: A Branch from a Hybrid prone to overgrowth. Just what are you planning with this?


>Ame notes Worm's attitude. "You've been on edge soon after we came here. You even got surprised by The Escort. What's wrong?"
>"Well, we're in the Forest of Magic, right? This place has the highest Fairy population density of any area I know of. We should've been getting swarmed by fairies, or at least pranked shortly after coming here, but so far nothing has happened. Very strange, especially since we're just a group of Humans."
>Hanako steps forward and you notice that she somehow managed to fit both the Flytrap and the Rafflesia into that box on her back, with the insects following her.
>"Maybe the fairies are planning a kind of ambush for us?"
>Apple snickers. "Fairies? Planning? The nearest thing a Fairy does for planning is deciding on the next thing to eat or the next prank. Not to be close-minded, but it's a bit rare for fairies to co-ordinate on large tasks."

>Ame's face hardens and she clutches her yari close. "So, not only do we have to deal with Weasels that could fly in at any moment. But now fairies are being eerily quiet. We need some sort of scouting. We can't let any hostile Youkai get near my Mother."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 09, 2021, 03:30:13 AM
>Summon some familiars
>Stick the hybrid branch into our sleeve then have one of the familiars crawl up and wrap the branch to our forearm.

>"Hanako, when you came by last time, did you see any fairies or signs of them? I'm wondering if the weasels may have chased them away."

>Send our familiars to scout around us.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 09, 2021, 12:04:59 PM
>Summon some familiars
>Stick the hybrid branch into our sleeve then have one of the familiars crawl up and wrap the branch to our forearm.

>You summon some familiars.
>You stick the Hybrid Branch into your sleeve, then have a familiar wrap it to your forearm with Silk.
>The Branch stays in your sleeve. It's probably not going to come out without some serious force.

>"Hanako, when you came by last time, did you see any fairies or signs of them? I'm wondering if the weasels may have chased them away."

>Hanako looks at he sky thoughtfully, recounting previous memories. "...No. I didn't think about it at the time because it made my job easier at first, and I was attacked by a Youkai so fairies were the last thing on my mind. I did notice some trees and plants were cut down, though."

>Send our familiars to scout around us.

>You send your other familiars around your party's perimeter for scouting and split your vision between them.
>You don't find much. Trees, insects, weird plants, all expected in a forest. All cut through and disturbed, though.

>It looks like the others were also doing some searching.
>"Well, Purifier, I've looked around this area and all I found were some cut branches and disturbed plants. But that could've been done by anyone."
>"I looked inside the trees just in case the Florist was right and there was an ambush. Nothing, no-one even lived in any of them." Apple says
>"Hey, Escort, you're having your familiars do scouting, right? Keep an eye out for any signs of approaching people. Friend or enemy, we need to know they're coming." Ame seems to be keen on guarding her Mother.
>And Hanako... "Hey, I found this plant here! This may just look like red grass, but if you crush it up and mix it with water-"
>"Mother, no offence, but keep quiet."
>"Well, looks like you're not getting any herbal medicine, sweetie." Hanako looks disappointed, and puts the red plants into The Box on her back.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 10, 2021, 04:35:52 AM
>"Easy, Ame.  I understand you want to protect your mother, but none of us have the reflexes to react to the youkai weasels."
>"I am wearing a protective robe underneath that I could lend."

>Is the branch on our forearm completely covered in silk?

>Summon more familiars and have the new ones scout for the Kama Itachi.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 10, 2021, 11:03:12 AM
>"Easy, Ame.  I understand you want to protect your mother, but none of us have the reflexes to react to the youkai weasels."
>"I am wearing a protective robe underneath that I could lend."

>Ame sighs with a pained tone. "I'm sorry, It's just that- my own mother was attacked when my job is to protect villagers! It feels like a failure of my position."
>"Oh, don't worry about that, You'll be at forefront so you'll need it. I swear on my life I won't let them get close."

>Is the branch on our forearm completely covered in silk?

>No, the end pointing out of your sleeve isn't covered. It's innocuous, however.

>Summon more familiars and have the new ones scout for the Kama Itachi.

>You summon more familiars and spread them out further to search for the Kama Itachi.
>You... don't see them exactly. But you can see the signs of disturbed air and cut down branches.
>The grass and plants waving due to the wind and plants being cut down. Looks like the aftermath of something or someone moving really fast and cutting down things in their way. They might be getting closer.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 10, 2021, 11:45:18 AM
>Which way is the wind blowing
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 10, 2021, 12:27:34 PM
>Which way is the wind blowing

>Looking at the grass and trees, you can surmise that the wind is blowing West.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 10, 2021, 01:05:58 PM
//Just some clarification, did we just see plants get cut?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 10, 2021, 01:38:24 PM
//Just some clarification, did we just see plants get cut?

#Yes.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 10, 2021, 08:24:12 PM
>"I just saw plants being cut.  I think they are heading towards us, but I couldn't see them."

>Point in the direction of the sickle weasels.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 10, 2021, 10:05:54 PM
>"I just saw plants being cut.  I think they are heading towards us, but I couldn't see them."

>Point in the direction of the sickle weasels.

>You warn the others about the plants being cut, and point towards the supposed direction of the Weasels' approach.
>"They're approaching, makes sense that you couldn't see them." Hanako steps back; "I'm going to lay low. They're after the box on my back after all."
>"I'm going to stay near my Mother. I may not be able to react in time, but I'll try my best to protect her and back you up if needed. With anything within my power."
>Worm nudges Apple with her shoulder. "Hey, Apple." She points to a tree.
>"Yeah? There's thousands like this one."
>"The Resin!"
>"Oh, Right, the resin!"

>Apple raises her arm and focuses on the tree, it starts to break down as if it accelerated in age. The cracks formed by decomposition start to seal up then leak resin. That must have been caused by Worm.
>"Purifier, we're going to be collecting this resin and scooping it into the vase of the Hybrid. So it's sticky and harder to get off."

>Ame prepares a battle stance and looks towards you. "If you have any last moment preparations, I recommend you do them now. The Weasels probably won't be patient, honestly, I'm surprised they didn't start approaching earlier."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 10, 2021, 10:52:15 PM
>Have our moths try making drape silk of various thicknesses from the trees towards the sickle weasels see if the weasels can't  cut them
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 11, 2021, 09:48:00 AM
>Have our moths try making drape silk of various thicknesses from the trees towards the sickle weasels see if the weasels can't  cut them

>You attempt to make silk drapes of different thicknesses towards the Weasels.
>The Weasels cut through the light, sheer fabric but the slightly more opaque ones give them trouble.
>Then they seem to either go around the drapes or cut down the familiars making them.
>Yet, this happens in an instant, and you still can't actually see them. Just the aftermath and feeling of wind.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 11, 2021, 10:06:22 AM
>Hold our hat against our head

>How far away are the weasels?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 11, 2021, 05:11:50 PM
>Hold our hat against our head

>You hold your hat against your head. Due to your strength, this only requires one hand.

>How far away are the weasels?

>You try to judge the distance between you and the Weasels based on the views of your remaining moths.
>They're extremely close, by your estimates. You probably only have a few more moments before they arrive.

>"Okay, we've finished gathering the resin." Worm holds out the Vase of Overgrowth Hybrids, and it has some translucent, viscous liquid.
>Ame raises her head. "I hear something. It sounds like... strong wind?" How did she notice that before you? Either way, the Weasels are going to descend upon you any moment now.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 11, 2021, 09:26:56 PM
>Concentrate on looking for plants being cut
->Throw danmaku at it if humans can use danmaku

>Have our familiars watch and try to follow the weasels
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 11, 2021, 10:26:54 PM
>Concentrate on looking for plants being cut
->Throw danmaku at it if humans can use danmaku

>The wind picks up...
>You concentrate on looking for cut plants, maybe a sign of the Weasels' movement? Spiritual and magic bullets are the norm of Danmaku and are usually weak if shot by untrained individual, if they can even shoot in the first place. So you can get away with weak shots or thrown objects and not blow your cover.

>The entire clearing you're in is suddenly assaulted by very strong winds! Ame holds on to Hanako and uses her yari as an anchor, Worm and Apple
are mustering enough physical strength to stand their ground, even your familiars are blown back! Your hat billows and probably would've been blown away if you weren't holding it, and your concentration is almost broken.
>Almost.

>Have our familiars watch and try to follow the weasels
"The Box, we need the medicine again!"
>You keep your focus and split your vision with your remaining familiars to provide a full sight of the area, these Weasels will not escape your sight.
>You see a brown blur and a trail of grass being cut, you look ahead of their path and- they're heading for Ame and Hanako!
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 11, 2021, 11:36:18 PM
>Cup our free hand around our mouth then shout "Toss the box!"

>Shoot weak danmaku ahead of the weasel heading towards Ame and Hanako.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 12, 2021, 10:14:20 AM
>Cup our free hand around our mouth then shout "Toss the box!"

>Through the howling wind, Ame hears you. She grabs the box and tosses it towards you.
>As it sails through the air, another blur passes by you. It's heading for the box! At least you revealed that second Weasel.

>Shoot weak danmaku ahead of the weasel heading towards Ame and Hanako.

>You shoot some weak Danmaku ahead of the Weasel aiming for Hanako and her daughter.
>Curiously, the wind seems to have calmed down a bit, so the shot goes straight. The Weasel seems good at reacting however, and immediately changes trajectory upwards, rushing into the foliage of the forest and most likely hiding.

>Now that the wind seems to have calmed down, Worm gets a grip. She knows where to aim, almost instinctually.
>Worm rears her body back and throws the Vase of Overgrowth Hybrids at The Box while it's in mid-air and focuses.
>"U-uh. Rampant Life "Overgrowth"!"
>The Vase explodes, revealing a violently growing floral beast of plant glistening with liquids.
>Unfortunately for this Weasel, she happened to be in the way. The plant entangles the blur, slowing it down, making it less of a blur and more of an identifiable form. They fall to the ground.
>"Yes, I intercepted them! That was lucky!"
>"S-so uh, Purifier, what do you think of the Spell Card name? I came up with it just now." Throwing things at people counts as a Spell Card? The more you know.

>"We have more pressing matters than silly names, that first Weasel got away and the second one is only weakened. We still need to neutralize them!" Ame shouts.
>You look at the entangled Weasel on the ground, looks like they're trying to reorient. They're wearing a brown tattered cloak with a hood that covers most of their features and holding what looks to be a steel fan. Their hands are interesting, they're shiny and metallic, the nails are long too.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 12, 2021, 11:10:59 AM
>Send some of our moths to start covering the the nails and fan in silk of the downed youkai

>Run to the entangled weasel and wrestle the fan away

>Have the other moths start looking and smelling for the other sickle weasel
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 13, 2021, 09:21:58 AM
>Send some of our moths to start covering the the nails and fan in silk of the downed youkai

>Your Moths attempt to cover the nails and fan in their silk.
>The downed Kama Itachi struggles against the Hybrid restraints, but notices the approaching Silk and claws it off her hands. Seems like you'll need time to build multiple layers so that Weasel can't cut through them.
>She's too distracted and slow to stop the fan being covered in silk. It becomes quarantined in a thick cocoon that the Weasel definitely can't cut through.

>Run to the entangled weasel and wrestle the fan away

>You rush towards the Weasel, this weirdly gives you flashbacks to your fight with Seija.
>The Weasel, unlike Seija, jumps away the moment she sees you coming and bounces off a tree to get behind you, increasing the space between you and her, and showing an impressive amount of agility despite being restrained. She's surrounded, though, and you managed to separate her from the fan.

>"Stay where you are, Youkai! You are outnumbered and disarmed! If you stop this now maybe we will resolve this peacefully!" Ame channels her Night Guard mannerisms.
>"Yeah, outnumbered by some Humans. But at least two of you have to be Onmyouji or something, those moths and that plant..." Worm and Apple snickers.
>"Well these Humans have you cornered, so just sit quietly!"
>"Fine. Alright then." Surprisingly docile...

>Have the other moths start looking and smelling for the other sickle weasel

>You have your other moths start looking around for the other Sickle Weasel and you curiously can't find any signs of her nearby. Maybe she left but she left her ally here?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 09:40:01 AM
>"You can call me whatever you want.  What's your name."

>Get eye level with the youkai

>"Are there only two of you?"
>"Why did you come to the forest of magic?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 13, 2021, 10:49:45 AM
>"You can call me whatever you want.  What's your name."

>"Okay, Onmyouji. You can call me Kaze Itachi.
>"Wow, what an imaginative name." Ame says in a deadpan voice.
>"Well, sorry for not meeting your oh-so strict naming standards." Kaze says sarcastically.

>Get eye level with the youkai

>"Are there only two of you?"
>"Why did you come to the forest of magic?"

>You get eye level with the Youkai and see more of her face. She has blue eyes and brown hair with a white streak through the middle, her overall facial structure make her look young.
>"Ooh, eye contact, how romantic!" Kaze says teasingly.

>"So, your questions. Are there only two of us? Kind of... I have two sisters, you saw one already, probably gave that Florist a heart attack. My other sister... can't be with us right now."
>"And we came to the Forest of Magic because we live here, dummy."
>"She obviously means why you approached us here." Worm asks the true question.
>"Oh, we approached specifically for medicine."
>"But you just steal plants from my Mother-"
>"Plants that can combine to create medicine." Hanako interrupts.
>"And plants that we now have a full box of. Thanks by the way." What is she talking abou-oh no.

>"Guys, bad news. The box was taken! I was going to catch it but then a Weasel swiped it and I couldn't catch up!" Apple confirms some of your fears.
>Ame panics, grabs Kaze and shouts in her face. "Why do you need medicine in the first place?! You're a Youkai, can't you just heal from most physical wounds and illnesses?!"
>"That's what me and my blade-toting sister thought too. But one day our third sister came back with a serious injury that wouldn't heal for days, so obviously we were worried for her health and sought other methods."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 13, 2021, 11:04:35 AM
//I actually thought they moved in and pushed the fairies out

>"If I understand correctly, Kaze, if your sister was healed then you wouldn't steal medical herbs."

>"What do you think girls," Turn to Apple and Worm.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 13, 2021, 11:20:31 AM
//I actually thought they moved in and pushed the fairies out

>"If I understand correctly, Kaze, if your sister was healed then you wouldn't steal medical herbs."

>"Yes, but you would have to be an expert doctor or a miracle worker to heal her, considering even the plants we stole yesterday didn't help."
>Worm smirks. "Let's just say we have some shortcuts."

>"What do you think girls," Turn to Apple and Worm.

>"Hey, if it resolves the issue forever then why not?" Apple's thinking is simplistic, but makes sense.
>"Healing them should be easy, considering my talent." Well, Worm's being more confident.
>Kaze seems shocked at the answers. "Are you like, a travelling group of doctors, or something? You're all wearing the same cloak, are you guys a family or a clan?"
>Worm and Apple chuckle nervously. "Y-yeah I guess you could say that."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 05:14:40 AM
>"Kinda."

>"If you'll take us to your sister, Worm can heal her."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 14, 2021, 09:41:16 AM
>"Kinda."

>"If you'll take us to your sister, Worm can heal her."

>"Okay, if you say so."
>"By the way, could you let go of me?" Ame was still gripping Kaze, she lets go and apologizes.
>"And could you get these vines or whatever off of me? This stuff is sticky and really makes it hard to move."
>"That's the point of it. Why should we let you go? You could just run away."
>Worm doesn't like Ame's attitude. "Are you acting distrustful because she's a Youkai?"
>"We don't need her to lead. Mother you still have that map right?"
>Hanako reaches into her Kimono and- did she she pull that map out of her chest?

>That's right the enchanted map that shows the position of the box and herbs in it. If Kaze's sister instantly went back to give her other sister medicine then following the map would also take you to here.
>"Huh, you were really prepared to catch us. Well, you can free me or you can follow that map. I won't judge you for either decision."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 14, 2021, 09:47:58 AM
>Glance at the map
>Are the herbs close by?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 14, 2021, 09:56:32 AM
>Glance at the map
>Are the herbs close by?

>You take a look at the enchanted map, it is surprisingly detailed and even has labelled landmarks and a bright red dot. You guess that's the current location of the herbs and most likely the box as well.
>Not exactly, it seems that if you went in a straight line you would have to go past some landmarks, including a place called the "Kirisame Magic Shop", whatever that is.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 02:18:48 AM
>Lift the youkai onto our back.

>"Good point.  Let's go."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 15, 2021, 10:35:48 AM
>Lift the youkai onto our back.

>You lift Kaze onto your back, piggyback style. She's very light, but the resin-covered plants feel icky and sticky clinging on your body.
>"Whoa! You're strong, like physically. I didn't know humans could have this much strength, and- wait are those?- Ah, I see."
>At least you don't have to worry about dropping her as she just wrapped her legs around your waist.

>"Good point.  Let's go."

>"Alright, let's follow the map."
>Your party (plus 1 Hostage) walk through the Forest towards the red dot, and soon you see a decently sized house, slightly covered in foliage. It looks like a homely cottage, not a shop, but according to the map this is most likely "Kirisame Magic Shop". What's with Humans and not putting signs on their shops?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 15, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
>"Is that where you enchanted your herbs?"

>Is there a particular magic we're interested in.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 15, 2021, 12:01:14 PM
>"Is that where you enchanted your herbs?"

>"Yes. The shopkeeper is a nice young woman, and even a common Incident Resolver! She's a bit... eccentric, but you can tell she's a nice person once you get past her unusual traits."
>Ame raises a brow and assumes a quizzical look. "Isn't she that witch? You would think that a human would choose a more hospitable locale for a shop. Then again, a cottage in the Forest fits that whole witch motif she has, and there has to be some reason this place is called 'The Forest of Magic', apart from the extraordinary plants anyway."
>Hanako chuckles. "Yeah, it's a strange place for a shop, but at least that means that I'm one of her few customers. I get to have the good stuff whenever I come here."

>Apple suddenly perks up as if a lightbulb went off in her head. "Wait. Witch, Incident Resolver? I think she killed me in the last Incident! Or was it the incident before that?"
>Worm answers. "It was the last Incident. She cut a swathe through the Youkai Mountain while talking about a market, or something? I dunno, I just fight."
>Kaze looks at them as if they grew extra heads. "There was an incident? Why didn't I hear about this? Also, you died?!"
>Apple looks nervous. "By 'died' I mean she almost gave me a heart attack when she told me about the Incident. Isn't that right, Mother?"
>Worm whispers. "Nice save."

>Is there a particular magic we're interested in.

>None, you always thought that your innate abilities would be enough.
>Though now that you're travelling it might pay off to get more tricks.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 16, 2021, 09:39:01 AM
>Do we have any idea what Kaze could have seen or felt when we lifted her up.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 16, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
>Do we have any idea what Kaze could have seen or felt when we lifted her up.

>The only things she could've felt were your wings.
>Or maybe she was surprised about how soft and well made your robe is, but that's a stretch.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 16, 2021, 10:33:47 AM
>Frown slightly at the thought of Apple dying

>"It's alright.  I think Kaze felt my wings when I put her on my back."

>Maybe we could lend them some of our spiritual power
->Do we think it would be possible to send some of our power to Apple and Worm?

//I'm not really sure if this is how a youkai would feel about immortal fairies
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 16, 2021, 11:05:38 AM
>Frown slightly at the thought of Apple dying

>Apple dying is... a tough thought to handle. As far you know, fairies are effectively immortal due to being born from an aspect of nature, but that doesn't mean they don't feel pain or anything. Getting killed must have felt horrible, not that you have experience in that. Apple and Worm seem to take deaths in stride, however, if their casual mention of it is any sign. How do they retain their motivation to continue after dying and what aspects of nature are they born from? Either way, dying can't be comfortable.

>"It's alright.  I think Kaze felt my wings when I put her on my back."

>"...The jig is up isn't it." Worm sighs.
>Kaze leans forward, pressing her chest against your back and therefore your robe and wings. "So they were wings! You're a Youkai too, aren't you?! Do all of you know that she's a Youkai? What's with the disguise?" Kaze launches a barrage of questions.
>Hanako interrupts and answers her. "Yes, she's a Youkai. Yes, we all know she's a Youkai."
>Apple points towards herself and Worm. "You've probably figured this out by now, but we're fairies."
>"This explains so much! I'm guessing the disguise was just to fool me into thinking you weren't a threat? That's so cool!" Kaze seems disproportionately happy for someone who just found out they were tricked.

>Maybe we could lend them some of our spiritual power
->Do we think it would be possible to send some of our power to Apple and Worm?


>You don't think so, you aren't really skilled at imbuing others with spiritual power. Familiars are one thing, they're specifically made by you, but fairies and such are different.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 18, 2021, 01:39:46 AM
>Nod happily
>"Yep, it helps to catch people off guard."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 18, 2021, 09:08:57 AM
>Nod happily
>"Yep, it helps to catch people off guard."

>"To think: Some people considered us enough of a threat to disguise a Youkai in order to fight us! Maybe we're stronger than we thought. " She seems gleeful.
>Ame coughs. "Yeah, we definitely did it just for you."
>Kaze looks at your hands. "I was thinking of sneaking into the Human Village in disguise and just stealing some medicine, but my hands make me stand out, and I end up cutting through any regular gloves."

>Hanako walks forward and looks back with a smile. "I'm going to the Kirisame Magic Shop to greet the Witch and ask some questions. Does anyone want to accompany me?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 19, 2021, 06:19:51 AM
>"I'd like to.  She sounds like an interesting person."

>What would an incident resolver be like.
->This Kirisame has to be larger than life and radiate strength.
->Oh and confidence.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 19, 2021, 10:14:40 AM
>"I'd like to.  She sounds like an interesting person."

>"Great. I'll go inside, maybe introduce you two to each other?"

>What would an incident resolver be like.

>Y-you aren't sure, you've never met one in person and you aren't one yourself. Now that you think about it, being an Incident Resolver would be a sure-fire way to be popular for all the right reasons, but the Incident Resolvers you know of are all Human. The Shrine Maiden of Paradise, Reimu Hakurei; The Living God of Miracles, Sanae Kochiya; And now this Witch, Kirisame.
>You aren't really aware of how many Youkai Incident Resolvers there are, could you be one in the future?

->This Kirisame has to be larger than life and radiate strength.

>Either way, even if you don't know this Kirisame woman, she has to be powerful. Especially if she's a common Incident Resolver.
>Maybe she could train you to be one! N-no that's a pipe dream, would a woman like her be interested in an existence like yours? O-of course not.

->Oh and confidence.

>Yeah, with how many achievements she has she probably has no time for insignificant subjects like you. What does she do in her free time anyway? Maybe her and all the others have meetings where they discuss-
>"Uh, hello?"
>Wha-

>"Are you actually going to walk into the shop or...? Because the sight from your back is pretty good, but it's getting a bit stale considering you were just standing still daydreaming, probably."
>Kaze looks at the fairies. "Does she always have such an active imagination?"
>"Oh yeah, remember the Sumo-wrestling Kappa Ghost?"
>Apple shivers. "Don't remind me."
>"...You're an interesting one."
>She has a point though, it's time you introduced yourself to this 'Kirisame'.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 19, 2021, 06:58:06 PM
>"Ah, right.  Right."

>Move at a gait between a walk and a sprint to Hanako.

>Try to give our best impression we're meeting with the equivalent of a living legend!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 19, 2021, 09:57:41 PM
>"Ah, right.  Right."

>Move at a gait between a walk and a sprint to Hanako.

>"Good luck in there!"
>"I'm going to stand guard outside, nothing personal, just- y'know, it's my vocation."
>"We're staying with her. Who knows what's around, two more bodies are always good from my perspective" Ame, Worm and Apple are not coming with you. That's a shame.

>You head to Hanako at a reasonable pace, who's currently at the front door to the shop.
>"Ah, finally decided to join me? Let's go."
>With that, Hanako knocks on the door and you both walk into the shop.

>When you walk into the shop you find the most disordered mess you could imagine. Not that you have experience in ordering things, you don't even have a building for a house, but even you can tell this is bad.
>Among the mess you see some miscellaneous plants and flora, most of them mushrooms or fungi of some kind; a lot of books, almost all of them on some sector of magic that you aren't knowledgeable enough to comment on; and furniture, from many different sets and who-knows-where. All of this paraphernalia makes you wonder: What does she actually sell here?
>"Ah! I'm comin'!" A sprightly voice calls from the back.

>"I know the place looks like a mess, and I thought it was too when I first came here, but if you look closely you can see that the different products are separated into their own stacks. Her real problem is that despite her inventory, she doesn't have any shelves, or maybe she does and never uses them." How often does Hanako come to this shop?! And that still doesn't answer the question of what exactly she sells.

>Try to give our best impression we're meeting with the equivalent of a living legend!

>You try to pull yourself together. Despite her... eccentricities, she's a legend, an Incident Resolver! Sure, she's also most likely a hoarder, judging from this organized mess, but we all have flaws! I-it just makes her more relatable and human! Wait, you're a Youkai, you can't relate! A-
>"Hello, my esteemed guests!" A confident voice interrupts your thoughts before you crack. Honestly, just hearing it makes you excited!

>You look at the owner of the voice. And see a short young woman with blonde hair and yellow eyes. She's wearing a white frilled apron with a black vest and skirt, by far the most notable part of her outfit is a pointy hat with a bent top. All of this together just screams Witch, all she's missing is a flying broomstick. This must be that Kirisame.
>"Sorry for making ya wait for a bit. Had some business in the back." ...Is that bubbling you hear back there?
>"Do not worry Miss Kirisame, I know better than to make you rush your work." Hanako speaks with an air of familiarity.
>"Of course, you're one of the few customers crazy enough to come all the way here. I see you brought-" Her eyes stop on you. D-do you have something on your face?!
>"Huh, not many youkai come here. Let alone with company strapped on their back." She saw right through your disguise! Is it because you have Kaze on your back? No, that can't be, other Humans can defeat Youkai, right?

>"Anyway, you want anything? Potions, plants, books, Magic, Sage Advice, I do a lot around here." You are never going to know what she specializes in, are you?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 20, 2021, 03:28:00 AM
>Shouldn't a lot more people want to meet a famous incident resolver?
>Her home is a little, no it a mess, but she seems nice.

>"A-Ah, yes.  Advice, please.  What advice do you have for becoming a famous incident resolver like yourself?"

>Glance at some books
->"And. . . do you have a primer on magic?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 20, 2021, 09:37:11 AM
>Shouldn't a lot more people want to meet a famous incident resolver?
>Her home is a little, no it a mess, but she seems nice.

>She's nice, famous, and generally amicable. Why do so little people visit her?
>...As you think that, you look at the mess again and see a large Venus Flytrap similar to the one you saw when you first entered the forest. This reminds you that although your party made it here, for most average Humans it's probably much more effort than it's worth. This isn't even counting the Fairies or Youkai in the Forest.

>"A-Ah, yes.  Advice, please.  What advice do you have for becoming a famous incident resolver like yourself?"

>"Wow, I rarely get people askin' me on how to be an Incident Resolver!"

>Well, first you should brush up on your Danmaku skills, and I'm not just talking about Spell Card Duels. Fairies, spirits and other people will take pot-shots at ya for no reason during most incidents, the Fairies have been a bit silent lately though..."

>"Second, keep a good network. Believe it or not: I don't always solve incidents by myself. I think the Eternal Night with those Lunarians would've been tough to solve without Alice and the Geysers would've been hell without Nitori or Patchouli."

>"And last but certainly not least, keep your ears to the ground. I'm not talking like, investigating like you're a Bird Tengu or anything, but make sure to keep your eyes and ears sharp for any unusual happenings. Some incidents are super obvious at first: Scarlet Mist covering the sky? Definitely an incident. But some of them are a bit more obscure and harder to solve: There was a time where parties were being held at the shrine often and lasted for three days straight with no interruptions. Sounds innocuous, but it was actually an Oni causing it. Incidents can happen anytime, anywhere. Who knows, maybe we're in an incident right now!"

>"Of course, the actual last piece of advice is to blast everything in your path! But I think that's more exclusive to me and Reimu." Marisa chuckles and strokes the back of her head.

>Glance at some books
->"And. . . do you have a primer on magic?"

>"Hmm." Marisa looks at the stacks of books.
>"Yeah, what kind of magic do you want? Do you already have special abilities that might go well with one?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 20, 2021, 02:23:36 PM
>What magic do we already know?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 20, 2021, 03:47:30 PM
>What magic do we already know?

>Mainly Familiar/Minor Summoning Magic. Insects and familiars/slaves seem to go hand-in-hand, for some reason.
>Other than that, just the basic stuff. Shooting Danmaku, flight, basic Gensokyo skills. You hesitate to call your omnivorous diet "Magic", but it converts things you eat into Spiritual energy when it probably shouldn't. Beast Youkai usually focus on Physical superiority rather than magic.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 20, 2021, 04:04:13 PM
>"I-I'm not sure.  I can summon familiars, eat anything, create silk, and shoot danmaku."

>"What would you recommend to help other people?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 20, 2021, 05:27:48 PM
>"I-I'm not sure.  I can summon familiars, eat anything, create silk, and shoot danmaku."

>"Ooh! I've always wanted a familiar or a slave! Never managed to make one fit for Spell Cards, though. That could make for a good place to start."
>"Eating anything sounds really mundane though, like a regular omnivore. Or maybe you're bragging that you have a large stomach!"
>"Creating Silk. Sounds like a good baseline for creating structures, maybe Alice could help with that."
>"And shooting Danmaku. Heh, basic, but still a nice skill to have. That one you get better at by using your imagination and skill."

>"What would you recommend to help other people?"

>"Helping others specifically?"
>Marisa starts digging through the pile of books.
>"I would recommend you get better at using your Familiars in combination with other skills. You can do a lot with 'em, give 'em basic tasks, make 'em follow someone automatically and protect them, or even bind someone's Spirit to one but that's advanced stuff. And I'm not very good with Familiars, in case you don't know."
>Marisa stands up, heaving a book. "This book is pretty much a primer on basics and Familiar magic. I've already read through the thing cover and back, so you can have it for free. Consider it a gift for your first visit to the Kirisame Magic Shop!"
>You gained >Grimoire 612: "Swarm Magic"
>Grimoire 612: A book on Familiar magic, quite thick. Read it to get some ideas about Familiar usage and development.


>"What, I don't get anything?" The thief on your back has some gall.
>Hanako glares at her. "Right, I forgot to introduce you two."
>"This Youkai is my escort through the Forest. She's an Insect, a Moth to be specific. That one on her back is a Kama Itachi, she stole my plants."
>"Wow, how terrible!"
>"I know right! The nerve of her-"
>"No, I mean the fact that she got caught despite moving at imperceptible speeds. Amateur hour over here!"
>"Hey, it's not like I'm a skilled burglar, unlike some people here."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 20, 2021, 07:26:28 PM
>"Burglar? Uh. . ."
>Maybe it's loot from defeated foes like in the stories, but danmaku is non-leathal.
>No instead of samurai she is more like a ninja doing the dirty jobs for the greater good.

>"I'm not sure about a large stomach, but I've eaten danmaku and misfortune."

//I love your depiction of the moth lady meeting a legend and realizing they are a person. :)
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 20, 2021, 09:29:34 PM
>"Burglar? Uh. . ."

>That can't be right! Maybe she means-
>"What? I wouldn't call what I do stealing."

>Maybe it's loot from defeated foes like in the stories, but danmaku is non-leathal.

>No! Maybe it's like-
>"Why do you sneak into the Scarlet Devil Mansion anyway?"

>No instead of samurai she is more like a ninja doing the dirty jobs for the greater good.

>Yeah, maybe she's like a Robin Hood type! Stealing from the rich mansion owners to give to give to the poor!
>"I just borrow Patchouli's books until I die."
>"Without her permission?"
>"Her lifespan dwarfs mine, she can collect it when I'm gone."
>Borrowing without permission? That sounds like...

Quote from: A Memory of a Worm in Red
Quote from: You
>" 'Borrow without permission', might be a better phrase."

>"Nah, I feel like I'm stealing someone's trademark if I say that."

>Well at least now you know who's trademark it is. You should move on before more disillusionment happens.

>"I'm not sure about a large stomach, but I've eaten danmaku and misfortune."

>"...Huh, novel. Have you tried doing that 'eating danmaku' thing more often in battles? Sounds powerful."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 21, 2021, 03:41:24 AM
>Shake our head
>"Yesterday wad the first time I tried it.  Danmaku tastes like burnt food."
>Our jaw drops with the tongue pushed out slight as we remember the flavor.

>Wait, she has a point.  That ability can clear out paths during a Danmaku duel.  If the horrid flavor can be overcome there's a chance of becoming an incident resolver.

>"But seeing through my familiars' eyes let me beat Seija.  Though I couldn't have done it without Apple or Worm either."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 21, 2021, 08:54:01 AM
>Shake our head
>"Yesterday wad the first time I tried it.  Danmaku tastes like burnt food."
>Our jaw drops with the tongue pushed out slight as we remember the flavor.

>"Oh, that's unpleasant. Uh, think of it like a full course meal, sometimes you have to eat the bad tasting starters to get to the delicious main course, so swallowing down the food or ignoring the taste will help in completing the battle."
>"That's the simile you're going for?" Kaze doesn't seem to appreciate culinary descriptions.
>"Hey, she's talking about eating. What other examples could I use that make sense? And it's not like I have experience in eating Danmaku."

>Wait, she has a point.  That ability can clear out paths during a Danmaku duel.  If the horrid flavor can be overcome there's a chance of becoming an incident resolver.

>She's right, although the taste is horrible, the ability has potential. Following Marisa's analogy, maybe thinking of other tasty foods could help you push through the Danmaku's taste; Like how you close your eyes and pretend that tomato you're eating is actually a cake.

>"But seeing through my familiars' eyes let me beat Seija.  Though I couldn't have done it without Apple or Worm either."

>"Yeah, familiars can be- what?"
>"Did you just say you beat Seija? She escaped, right? She almost always escapes."
>"And this 'Apple' and 'Worm' are they your partners or something? Pretty strange names."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 21, 2021, 09:43:20 AM
>"No, I helped Miss Akyuu put Seija in a room with seals last night."
>"It was good luck and catching her by surprise.  Seija thought I was human when we fought."

>Give a warm smile, "Yes, though I think of them as dear friends."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 21, 2021, 10:37:21 AM
>"No, I helped Miss Akyuu put Seija in a room with seals last night."
>"It was good luck and catching her by surprise.  Seija thought I was human when we fought."

>"Disguises, eh? Maybe I should do that one day, it'd make infiltration much easier."
>"A Prison with seals... Somethin' tells me that won't be enough. Seija's like a cockroach: She's almost impossible to kill, a pain to catch, and she doesn't stay still for long. If she hasn't escaped now, she'll do it later."

>Give a warm smile, "Yes, though I think of them as dear friends."

>Marisa smiles. "Well, always good to see a friendship bloom in Gensokyo. Honestly, a group of three Youkai teamin' up and capturin' the Infamous Criminal? Sounds like a headline in Bunbunmaru that I would scoff at."

>The bubbling sound that you heard in the background suddenly gets louder. "Oh! Wait a sec!"; Marisa rushes to the back.
>The sounds calm down and Marisa comes back with a glass bottle of bubbling liquids.
>"Hanako, your order. a healing potion of sorts. It's a bit late though, and bitter."
>"Thank you, Marisa. I would've come to check on it yesterday, but some people ruined those plans." You can feel Kaze shiver.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 21, 2021, 11:52:05 PM
>"Apple and Worm are actually fairies."

>"Thank you so much for the advice and the book."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 22, 2021, 08:58:17 AM
>"Apple and Worm are actually fairies."

>"You don't hear of a Youkai and a couple a' Fairies teaming up often. That just makes it better."

>"Thank you so much for the advice and the book."

>"Eh, no problem. Maybe one day there'll be so many Incident Resolvers that I'll wake up and an Incident will already be over."

>"Well, I got the thing I came here for, so I'm leaving. Escort, are you done here?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 22, 2021, 09:25:17 AM
>"Yes.  It was an pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Marisa."

>Catch ourself as we start to bow to the legend and stop

>Follow Hanako
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 23, 2021, 11:45:31 AM
>"Yes.  It was an pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Marisa."

>"Pleasure to you too! I barely ever get visitors around here, or at least, not ones that bother me about giving back their stuff."

>Catch ourself as we start to bow to the legend and stop

>As you say your goodbyes you start to bow, as you should to someone of a higher station, but then stop. Miss Kirisame doesn't seem to be a woman to get hung up on courtesies.

>Follow Hanako

>You follow Hanako out of the shop and see the rest of your party outside.
>Ame, Apple, and Worm all have frowns on their faces, just what happened here?
>"What's with the grim countenance?" Hanako echoes your thoughts with a worrisome tone.

>Ame answers. "We're completely surrounded."
>What?
>Worm adds more detail. "The entire area around Kirisame's Shop is surrounded by Fairies. Surprisingly, out of all of us, Ame was the one who first noticed."
>"Yes, I wonder if this like a Special Ability of mine. But more importantly: I'm sure that the moment we leave this clearing we'll be swarmed by fairies. They're minor enemies, but so many of them at once... Will definitely hinder us." Ame's overall tone and the news is fairly depressing.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 23, 2021, 02:29:24 PM
//I assume it's too late to join this one?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 23, 2021, 02:32:23 PM
//I assume it's too late to join this one?
#If you're willing to read through 10 pages worth of content of questionable quality, then no.
#Otherwise I could just PM you a synopsis of the situation.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 23, 2021, 08:00:15 PM
//Not at all. Welcome
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 24, 2021, 01:02:59 AM
//I skimmed through it but I'd like the synopsis if you can just so I know the important parts.

>Play a beast youkai with species and name of your choosing.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 24, 2021, 08:33:05 AM
>"Let me do something before we head out."

>Have the familiars we already have out gather in the woods outside the clearing
->Summon more familiars so there are at least a dozen in each of the cardinal directions then have the moths search for fairies

>Can we shoot danmaku while carrying Kaze?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 24, 2021, 11:07:29 AM
>"Let me do something before we head out."

>Have the familiars we already have out gather in the woods outside the clearing
->Summon more familiars so there are at least a dozen in each of the cardinal directions then have the moths search for fairies

>You recall your current Familiars to the edge of the clearing and summon more from their position.
>When you split your vision between them you see... A lot.
>A lot of fairies of varying colours, some holding flowers of different sorts, and all of them waiting just outside your regular sight very patiently.
>Ame wasn't wrong when she said you were surrounded, they've covered almost every angle. The absolute patience they have in waiting for you is slightly unnerving, they could at least be a bit more lively like Worm and Apple.
>At the very least, they haven't noticed your Familiars.

>Can we shoot danmaku while carrying Kaze?

>Yes, Kaze has wrapped her legs around your body, so your hands are free. You can also shoot Danmaku from your Familiars.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 24, 2021, 03:07:07 PM
//I skimmed through it but I'd like the synopsis if you can just so I know the important parts.

>Play a beast youkai with species and name of your choosing.

>Your insignificant existence is set.
>You are a Beast Youkai.

>You wake up in The Forest of Magic.
>You've been here for as long as you can remember, once you get past the weird plants and bothersome Fairies, it's a pretty good and secluded place to live.
>Your name... you've had trouble remembering your real name but for now you go by Sayuri, you don't why, it just sounds good.
>Right now, you're in a clearing you've claimed as your territory, but you do hear a lot of movement nearby...
>_?

#Due to multiple people being involved I must now take into account multiple perspectives. All events from Philosopher's (The Moth's) perspective will be in the standard colour. All events from DarkWitchClaire's (Sayuri's) perspective will be in red.
#Any problems?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 24, 2021, 05:56:56 PM
>Examine ourselves. What type of beast are we. What are our abilities?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 24, 2021, 06:13:34 PM
>Fill a dozen of our familiars with enough energy so they are as big as the fairies then have them fire danmaku on the fairies.
>Have the moths harass the fairies and lead them away

>"Ame do you want to lead?  Apple and Worm can protect Hanako from the left and right while I bring up the rear."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 24, 2021, 06:34:20 PM
>Examine ourselves. What type of beast are we. What are our abilities?

>You reacquaint yourself with your body...
>The most notable part of you are your wings, red and feathery, though you could disguise it as a red cloak if you closed them.
>You're definitely a type of Bird Youkai, which one exactly you haven't figured out, but you do have some guesses based on your ability...
>You are Capable of Burning anything, the flames you make are strange. You can control them, they burn in things that logically shouldn't burn. If you focus on an object then it's like a curse, and everything around that object combusts. You could say the weirdness is just Magic/Youjutsu, but that would be too easy.
>_?

>Fill a dozen of our familiars with enough energy so they are as big as the fairies then have them fire danmaku on the fairies.
>Have the moths harass the fairies and lead them away

>"Ame do you want to lead?  Apple and Worm can protect Hanako from the left and right while I bring up the rear."

>The Familiars grow with the energy you give them, but this is quite taxing on you... (-1200 Hunger)
>As your Familiars fire at the Fairies they start to scramble, some start to fly away in panic but others fly towards your position. Maybe they're dauntless, maybe they're also panicking, but they're still a threat.
>Ame walks forward. "I'm all for it. Things might get messy though, with blood, I mean." She says, raising her yari.
>As a Fairy gets too close for comfort, Ame leaps through the air and skewers them for an instant kill. That must've be painful.
>Worm and Apple cover left and right, Worm gets interesting...
>She throws a random piece of tree bark on the floor and activates her ability.
>"Rampant Life 'Overgrowth'!"
>The bark grows into a wooden wall, protecting Hanako's left side.
>"I got some ideas after seeing what happened with The Hybrid."
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 24, 2021, 09:59:11 PM
>"I wonder what all that commotion over there is about."
>Fly in the direction of the fight.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 24, 2021, 10:14:25 PM
>Shoot danmaku at the fairies coming at our group

>"Wow! That is impressive, Worm!"
>"Apple, have tried using your ability on danmaku?"

>Have our giant familiars search for more fairies and scare them.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 24, 2021, 10:51:46 PM
>"I wonder what all that commotion over there is about."
>Fly in the direction of the fight.

>You hear Danmaku firing, erratic movement... This is too interesting to leave alone, so you follow the sounds.
>You eventually see a clearing. Hey, it's the Kirisame Magic Shop!
>Near the shop, you see a woman in a white kimono and a sun hat with- is that a Youkai restrained on her back? Others include: two little girls, one of them is next to a large wooden wall, you guess they're her daughters; a young girl with a yari impaling a Fairy, what a savage; and all of them seem to be defending a woman in the centre of their formation.
>Unfortunately, a detachment of retreating Fairies ruin your view as they notice you.

>"Hey, was she part of the briefing?" one asks, pointing at you.
>"Screw the briefing! Our operation is already FUBAR!"
>"Regardless, she's blocking our way out. We need to fight her."
>Fighting multiple Fairies is going to be difficult but do-
>You instinctively dodge Danmaku coming from your flank. As you look for the source you see... a moth? Insects can fire Danmaku now? And since when were they this big?
>"Crap! It's still here!" One of them screams in fear.
>Huh, looks like the moth is on your side if it's scaring the Fairies.
>_!

>Shoot danmaku at the fairies coming at our group

>You fire at any Fairies approaching Hanako's flank while moving to avoid Danmaku. With most of your Familiars in other places, you have to rely on your own speed to avoid Danmaku and get into position to shoot. Your speed can only keep up with so much, however.
>"I've noticed you're having some trouble here. I could help without even getting off your back. I have some stake in this considering that I'm on your back." Kaze informs you.
>"What do you say? Want help?"

>"Wow! That is impressive, Worm!"
>"Apple, have tried using your ability on danmaku?"

>Worm blushes. "Ehehe, it's nothing, really."
>"I have, it only works on physical objects. But, I can still be flashy!" Apple focuses on a tree and fires some Danmaku.
>The tree's structural integrity weakens enough that the Danmaku causes it to fall, that definitely caught multiple Fairies.
>"Alright! Are we keeping a kill count? I think I'm in the lead!"
>Worm pouts. "Yeah, well at least my one was a Spell Card."

>Have our giant familiars search for more fairies and scare them.

>You continue terrorizing the Fairies with giant insects, and while searching for more prey one of them stops.
>You split your vision and see... A Youkai. A Bird Youkai for sure. Seems they blocked a few Fairies from escaping. Interesting.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 25, 2021, 12:02:39 AM
>What is our hunger level?
>Would our spellcards hit people in our group
>How big would a moth need to be to swallow a danmaku shot whole?

>"I would love some help."

>Have a few of our smaller familiars come out of the treeline and eat some danmaku

>Continue throwing danmaku at the fairies
->Add in lasers and try to lead the fairies into our danmaku

>Have the moth near the bird youkai watch the fairies and youkai.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 25, 2021, 03:15:39 AM
>Examine our danmaku abilities.
>"Do you think you could use some help here? This seems like a lot of fairies."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 25, 2021, 09:25:20 AM
>What is our hunger level?
>Would our spellcards hit people in our group
>How big would a moth need to be to swallow a danmaku shot whole?

Hunger:
>You're still ready for heavy stuff. But you shouldn't overexert yourself.
>Yes, your Spell Cards are indiscriminate. Unless you had a way of protecting them but...
>If you grouped everyone to you then they wouldn't get hit, as none of your Spell Cards target yourself.
>The current size of your moths should be enough for a Fairy's Danmaku.

>"I would love some help."

>"Great, prepare yourself, this is going to feel weird to you."
>After those words you immediately feel a rush of wind around you. What did she do?

>Have a few of our smaller familiars come out of the treeline and eat some danmaku

>Continue throwing danmaku at the fairies
->Add in lasers and try to lead the fairies into our danmaku

>You continue your aggressive defence, eating any Danmaku that could get close, while trying to ignore that taste... (-600 Hunger)
>You throw a barrage of Danmaku interspersed with lasers to lead the Fairies into their doom. All while avoiding hostile shots.
>You notice Kaze's help, the moment you move. You're much faster, as if you have a constant tailwind. It takes a while for you to get used to the new speed but you think you can rely on this for dodging at the moment
.
>The Fairies are unending though, it's like when one Fairy dies, three more take their place. What's the source of this?

>Have the moth near the bird youkai watch the fairies and youkai.

>You have the moth near the Bird Youkai keep tabs on the situation and you see...
>_!

>Examine our danmaku abilities.

>If you looked at it in pure numbers...
>Danmaku Expertise: Level 1
>>DE represents your experience in Danmaku, it influences your ability to dodge, predict enemy movements, and your imagination for Spell Cards. This grows based on how you resolve quests or incidents.

>You know how to shoot bullets, you can use your flames as bullets, and you're pretty sure your Curse-like special ability counts as Danmaku. Might need to tone it down for non-lethality, of course.
>Unfortunately, time is not stopped, and the Fairies are advancing towards you. They seem keen on running away to escape that large moth near you, and think that you're here to stop them.

>"Do you think you could use some help here? This seems like a lot of fairies."

>While dodging, eating bullets, protecting Hanako, and overall trying to get through this chaos, you hear the Bird Youkai asking if they can help.
>How will you respond?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 25, 2021, 09:54:16 AM
>"Please!  Your help would be much appreciated!"

>Have our giant moth near the youkai pounce on the fairies.
->Then direct our other familiars to the clearing and order them to give everyone support fire

>Have some of our familiars weave nets in midair to catch fairies.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 25, 2021, 03:27:40 PM
>Throw danmaku at the fairies, focusing on the ones trying to escape.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 25, 2021, 04:36:54 PM
>"Please!  Your help would be much appreciated!"

>The woman in the white kimono accepts your request, let's do this.

>Have our giant moth near the youkai pounce on the fairies.
->Then direct our other familiars to the clearing and order them to give everyone support fire

>The Fairies near the Bird Youkai scatter in fear, avoiding the giant moth.
>All the other Familiars in the area converge on the clearing and most of them focus on supporting fire.
>The Fairies advancing towards your position finally get the idea that maybe they're outmatched and attempt a mass retreat.

>Have some of our familiars weave nets in midair to catch fairies.

>Unfortunately for them, you had nets. Large nets that can catch Fairies like a spider catching flies in it's web.
>Though some manage to avoid the nets and continue absconding.

>You almost go after them but...
>It seems that back up is here.

>Throw danmaku at the fairies, focusing on the ones trying to escape.

>You throw Danmaku, focusing on the retreating Fairies, You make your Danmaku wide and oppressive, forcing specific flight paths for the purpose of not letting them escape.
>In the end, not many of them escape.

The Entrance of a Belittled Existence.
>For once, the situation is quiet, and it seems the skirmish is over.
>These are a fool's thoughts
>You all see a single approaching Fairy. Dressed in pink, holding a rosemary, she seems to emit an aura. Of strength? Aristocracy? Or are you just imagining it?
>Out of all of them here, she seems truly dauntless.
>All the Fairies remaining freeze, transfixed. Out of... respect?
>Finally, she speaks, addressing The Moth's party.
>"I'm guessing you're the one here giving my girls trouble. In fact... I think you fit the description of our main enemy."
>Sayuri is hidden in the trees, the Fairies she herded are no longer interesting in leaving. She's just eavesdropping at this point.
>"All of you, I challenge you to a Duel! My name is Unity Web, The New Leader of the Fairies!"
>"I never voted for you..." Worm grumbles
>An upstart Fairy. She's named herself, so she must think her existence is a big deal. And it probably is, if her title is anywhere near true.
>If you, all of you, end this "Unity Web" here, then the Fairies will surely, truly disperse, and you can all go about your day.
>Do you enter the Battlefield?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 25, 2021, 07:18:12 PM
>Hmm, you could try to convince her fairies that Unity Web is also challenging them.
->No, you won't do that.

>"I accept your challenge Unity Web!"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 26, 2021, 12:45:03 AM
>"I should probably go help The Moth, but does Unity Web even know of my existence?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 26, 2021, 10:11:56 AM
>Hmm, you could try to convince her fairies that Unity Web is also challenging them.
->No, you won't do that.

>You briefly consider trickery in order to make the Fairies go turncoat, but quickly dismiss the idea.
>Besides, the Fairies around you... They look at her like a peasant looks at royalty.

>"I accept your challenge Unity Web!"

>"Oh, grand! Looks like I finally get to step forward and make my debut upon the world's stage! But first..."
>Unity looks upwards into the tree canopies, it could be mistaken for absent-minded skygazing, but her sight is directed towards...

>"I should probably go help The Moth, but does Unity Web even know of my existence?"

>"You! Yes, you, the Bird Youkai! I know you're here, I can sense you!"
>Sense?
>"Considering that you seem keen on butting into others business and that you're antagonizing my dear Fairies, You can also join in. In fact, I implore you do! So I can make an example out of you for any future interlopers!" She's shouting at this point.
>Who does she think she is, trying to boss you around? You never even knew she existed until recently and she acts like some queen? And why does she sound so posh?!
>Regardless of your thoughts, she's also extended her invitation to you.
>What do you say?
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 26, 2021, 02:31:50 PM
>"I accept your challenge. You look like you could learn a lesson or two yourself."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 26, 2021, 03:56:37 PM
>"I accept your challenge. You look like you could learn a lesson or two yourself."

>"Well, I don't see what I could learn from you, but okay. Join us!"
>Wow, it's like she's wilfully ignoring your point.

"Let's start with a clean up, shall we?"
>"My subjects, recall!"
>Recall?
>Suddenly every Fairy in the area explodes into... Mist? Glittering Dust?
>Regardless, every Fairy has disappeared. All except for two.
>"What in the- I think they just-" Worm attempts to find words.
>Apple's face is grim. "Well, they'll come back. But that was brutal, don't you think, 'Your majesty'?"
>"Whatever could you mean? Subjects must be willing to do anything for their leaders, even die, if it means victory."
>You start to understand the situation: This must be stopped.

>"Ah, some have come back already. Wonderful."
>As Unity said, a dozen Fairies approach the clearing.
>Their formation is interesting, in that it exists in the first place. They're less like a usual gaggle of Fairies and more of a structured army platoon.
>"Split yourselves evenly between The Moth and The Bird. Beware of The Moth's Familiars, do not bother with her Silk."
>"The Bird is an anomaly, I want her out as soon as possible. Do you understand my orders?"
>"Yes Mistress!" The Fairies all respond with synchronized voices. Mistress?

>Multiple Fairies approach your party, then spread out. It looks like they're trying to surround you.
>"I recommend going for restraining attacks." Worm advises.

>The rest advance towards your position, rushing forward while spraying unfocused bullets. Looks like they really are trying to get rid of you ASAP.
>They'll make for good kindling
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 26, 2021, 05:53:26 PM
>Fire danmaku at the fairies and slowly advance overhead.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 26, 2021, 06:41:54 PM
>Give Unity a disgusted look for the treatment of her allies.

>Have our familiars shoot lasers to stop the fairies from advancing
->The Giant moths should charge the fairies with the other moths and try to wrap the minions in silk cocoons.

>If there are still fairies, besides Apple and Worm, left use lasers and danmaku to drive them into our familiars.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 26, 2021, 08:40:27 PM
>Fire danmaku at the fairies and slowly advance overhead.

>You fire Danmaku at the Fairies. You get a bullseye on every shot, knocking them out of the sky, falling lifelessly on the floor.
>The enemy's danmaku still approaches, but you can focus on dodging due to the lack of enemies and don't get hit.

>Give Unity a disgusted look for the treatment of her allies.

>You show your malcontent at Unity. You wouldn't treat Apple or Worm like that! Even if you know they'll come back. Just why do they follow her?
>If Unity noticed your look, she doesn't show it.

>Have our familiars shoot lasers to stop the fairies from advancing
->The Giant moths should charge the fairies with the other moths and try to wrap the minions in silk cocoons.

>Your lasers slightly impede the Fairies from getting into position. They scramble, probably to prevent area attacks from doing massive damage.
>The Giant Moths charge the Fairies. The Fairies directly fight back against the large Familiars, but due to spreading cannot fight together.
>This leads to a majority of the forces getting cocooned, the others successfully destroy a giant familiar and stay free.
>You say you have around 11 Giant Familiars left.

>If there are still fairies, besides Apple and Worm, left use lasers and danmaku to drive them into our familiars.

>You fire an array of lasers, directed to drive the remaining Fairies into your Familiars.
>The Fairies move erratically to try avoiding the lasers, this makes them easy prey for the Familiars. They end up cocooned.

>Unity's face is distraught. "Hmm, I knew this would be tough, but I can't abscond! I am required for the future of my kind!" Those are some dramatic words. What could she mean by that?
>A couple of Fairies arrive from behind Unity.
>"Wonderful to see you two! Split yourselves and take aimed shots at The Moth and The Bird."
>The Fairies nod and speed off, but keep their distance from either of you.
>"If you do well I will make sure you all have names at the end of this!"

>From afar, a Fairy shoots a fast moving bullet towards you!
>Unfortunately, you're a bit too slow to dodge...
>But the shot doesn't hit you.
>"So, Rampant Life "Overgrowth" sure is something, right?"
>Worm is right in front of you holding a destroyed wooden shield. Her arms are quivering from the impact of the blow and she drops the remains of the shield.
>"e-I don't think I can do something like that again..." Her voice is shaky.
>"You should probably rest, Worm. I'll keep it up from here." Apple consoles Worm.
>"Your friends are tightly knit, are they not? How touching, I wish I could do such heroic feats."

>A speeding bullet attempts to shoot you down.
>You deftly dodge the Danmaku while advancing.
>You're almost right above Unity, but you may need to deal with more bullets, or worse, reinforcements.
>But they might make good fuel.
>_?
#Experimenting with different fonts to make it more clear when Unity is speaking and the type of "Voice" she has.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 26, 2021, 11:45:33 PM
>"Explain yourself. Why did you attack that florist, and what's with the way you treat your fellow fairies?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 27, 2021, 01:06:27 AM
>"Take it easy and get Better, Worm."

>Try to channel spiritual energy into our voice, "If you were a true leader you would be doing heroic deeds.  You would also be with your comrades instead of hiding behind them."

>Have our moths bombard the fairy that Unity sent to attack with danmaku.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 27, 2021, 12:04:34 PM
>"Take it easy and get Better, Worm."

>"Okay, I'll retreat for now." Worm retreats back to the Kirisame Magic Shop.
>Ame and Hanako follow her lead, at least now you don't have to worry about them getting hit in the cross-fire.

>Have our moths bombard the fairy that Unity sent to attack with danmaku.

>You send your Familiars to attack the enemy Fairy with a flurry of Danmaku.
>Due to the far distance between you and her, the Fairy has plenty of time to relocate. But being harried by Familiars will keep her busy.

>Try to channel spiritual energy into our voice, "If you were a true leader you would be doing heroic deeds.  You would also be with your comrades instead of hiding behind them."

>"Explain yourself. Why did you attack that florist, and what's with the way you treat your fellow fairies?"

>"I will say that the Florist was not my main target and I apologize that she happened to be caught up in this. My actual target was the Kirisame Magic Shop and that Witch living within. You all decided to defend the position and we all attacked. That's how we ended up here."
>"As for my behaviour... That requires a more detailed explanation."


A Justification for Insanity
>Unity Web frowns as she recalls her motives.
>"Do you ever wonder why most Fairies don't have names?"
>"It's not because they don't matter to us or we can't be bothered with them. It's that no-one will recognize them."
>"A Fairy's life has nearly no worth in this world. Even if we all decided to name ourselves and make an identity, no-one would respect it; we would all be Minor Existences."
>"Even this name I made myself, Unity Web, is only known to those within my retinue and those who are in this clearing today. Anyone else wouldn't give a toss about me or any of my companions."
>"But one day I was approached by a Youkai who told me that maybe if a Fairy defeated a strong, well-known enemy, such as an Incident Resolver, then maybe Fairies would gain more respect. That peaked my interest."
>"A world where my kind would be respected, and be able to create their own identities that would be recognized like any other? I would do anything for that!"
>"But a singular Fairy like myself has no chance against an Incident Resolver. So I asked all those around me: Would they be willing to do anything if it meant creating a meaningful existence for all Fairies? They all said yes, shockingly. All of my companions are willing to lay down their infinite lives if it means having renown in this world. And so, for rallying everyone, I became the Leader of this group, and created a Web of Unity."
>"They all entrusted their lives to me, and so I'm using them. If they didn't want to die then I wouldn't let them. Simple as."

>You did not ask for her entire backstory, it may have been enlightening, but it was also far too long for a Fairy. Your reactions may vary.
>"Ah, but The Moth has a point. I am a Leader and they must lead by example! I can no longer cower, my life is just as important as theirs and I should be willing to forfeit it to attain victory! As all others have done, I will approach!"
>As she said, she moves forward, exposing herself.
>But you also hear a large amount of movement behind her...
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 28, 2021, 05:23:46 AM
>Unity's goal is heroic, but her methods are distasteful and naive.

>It would easier to just let the fairies attack Marisa, but that isn't noble.

>Have our large minions land near Apple and us.
->Order them to protect Apple, Kaze, and us, but prioritize Apple.

>"The fairies of the Forest of Magic should do something similar to the kappas' technology or the Tengu's papers if they want respect."

>"Apple, the familiars should help protect us, but stay safe."
>"Tell me if any danmaku comes our way and I'll do my best to keep us safe, Kaze."

//I find Unity's speech funny after asking for Apple and Worm to get credit for catching Seija.
//Serious fairies are terrifying.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 28, 2021, 03:17:36 PM
>Unity's goal is heroic, but her methods are distasteful and naive.

>Her goals sound similar to yours. She and her kind want to known in Gensokyo and rise up from meagre existences. But you know there are better ways of gaining renown than just beating people up.

>It would easier to just let the fairies attack Marisa, but that isn't noble.

>Have our large minions land near Apple and us.
->Order them to protect Apple, Kaze, and us, but prioritize Apple.

>You recall your giant moths to your position and make a general command to protect your allies.
>They make a defensive formation, they should take hits before you or your friends.

>A wave of vibrant colours enter the clearing, Fairies of all colours, some of them holding flowers of various kinds. Most of them flock to Unity Web. This must be her main force.
>They're very structured, creating a wall of bodies on the field with Unity Web at the front.
>"Wonderful to see you all, my companions!"
>"Good to see you too, Mistress. But, uh, why are you so far forward in our formation?"
>"Because what kind of Leader does not fight with her troops? I must be as willing as you all if I can achieve greatness."
>"...I-if you say so, my Mistress."
>"Now, let us-"

>"The fairies of the Forest of Magic should do something similar to the kappas' technology or the Tengu's papers if they want respect."

>"...Stand down for a moment."
>All the Fairies become more slack in posture, some of them confused. But now the place is silent, at least.
>"Are you saying there could be alternative routes to glory and renown? What would you suggest we do, dear Moth?"
>Is she being open-minded? When she brought what's essentially an entire army here? Well, at least she isn't unreasonable.

>"Apple, the familiars should help protect us, but stay safe."
>"Tell me if any danmaku comes our way and I'll do my best to keep us safe, Kaze."

//I find Unity's speech funny after asking for Apple and Worm to get credit for catching Seija.
//Serious fairies are terrifying.

>"Okay." Worm looks at the Giant Familiars curiously.
>"Alright, I'll make sure nothing funny happens."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 29, 2021, 07:31:39 AM
>"There’s a plethora of things.  Patrolling to keep the village safe, protecting people who enter the forest, or maybe something mundane as opening a confectionery shop."

>"Does anyone else have ideas?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 29, 2021, 02:57:42 PM
>"I've always watched over this clearing and protected those who entered it. It's not much of an existence but I've found it pretty worthwhile."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 29, 2021, 05:44:26 PM
>"There’s a plethora of things.  Patrolling to keep the village safe, protecting people who enter the forest, or maybe something mundane as opening a confectionery shop."

>"Does anyone else have ideas?"

>"I've always watched over this clearing and protected those who entered it. It's not much of an existence but I've found it pretty worthwhile."

>"...I was always under the impression that strength was the main way people are known in Gensokyo. After all, Incident Resolvers are known because they're powerful are they not?"
>Unity puts a hand to her chin. "But if there are other paths then maybe I could take a less brutish approach."

>She turns to her army.
>"Would you all be willing to follow their advice?"
>One fairy, unique and yet still generic, speaks. "Where you go we'll follow, ma'am!"
>"Truly, I deserve none of you. Well then, for now our campaign against The Witch is postponed. I shall ruminate on different avenues to our glory."
>A resounding "Aye Aye, ma'am/mistress!" comes from Unity's troop.

>Due to the situation being defused, most of Fairies are just floating around awkwardly. They look prepared for a fight.
>Unity Web coughs nervously before turning to you two. "I-uh, I sort of promised them a fight against a strong enemy and that really got them energised. So just saying that we aren't fighting anymore must be anticlimactic."
>"Would either of you be willing to continue our Duel? The stakes would be much lower, of course. And despite the confidence I have, this is sort of my first Spell Card Duel."

>"Huh, what was that?" Kaze says with a smirk.
>"I said this is my first Spell Card Duel!" Unity shouts, her face as pink as her outfit.
>"I've heard that Spell Card Duels can be quite fun, along with being a show of strength and beauty. So I've been excited to have one, like a girl overjoyed to go to their first Ball. I practiced so much for this!" Her face seems to get more red as she talks.
>"A-anyway, would you still be willing to fight us? There's nothing on the plate this time, just a good show."

>_?
#Typing and formatting a post on mobile is... an experience.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 30, 2021, 07:55:28 AM
>What do we know of danmaku?
->What are the rules?

>What spellcards do we have?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 30, 2021, 10:50:16 AM
>What do we know of danmaku?
->What are the rules?

>Danmaku (and Spell Card Duels) are meant to be a way for Youkai, Humans and other denizens of Gensokyo to settle disputes non-lethally.
>>Spell Cards are not just about power, but also beauty and expression. Most Spell Cards are usually related to the user's identity and therefore have meaning.

>You have no idea how you learned of these rules. Only that you know of them and should probably follow them.
>These are just the rules as you understand them. So it's wording is more casual than any written set of rules and you may have missed some things.

>All attacks must be non-lethal.
>Spell Cards must be declared by name before being used.
>A Spell Card cannot be impossible to capture. ("capture" meaning to defeat without taking damage)
>When a Spell Card is used, it cannot be repeated in the same duel.
>Equipment and potentially multiple participants on one side is allowed as long as all other rules are followed.

>What spellcards do we have?

Instinct "Transverse Orientation"
Description: You throw your lamp forward and summon Moth Familiars from the edges of the 'screen'. The Moths are attracted to the Lamp and the enemy has to dodge Danmaku from all angles relative to the Lamp's position, giving a swarming feeling. The Lamp moves around throughout the Spell-Card. (Required Slave: Lamp)
>This is a very offensive Spell Card, forcing the enemy to focus on dodging rather than attacking you. Good against fast moving enemies.

>"Transverse Orientation" is a name given to an ability of certain insects, such as moths, to maintain a fixed angle on a distant light source for orientation. Usually this light source is The Sun or Moon. But this also might be the reason why moths go crazy when a lamp is nearby.
Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon"
Description: You cover yourself and your surroundings in a Silk Cocoon, protecting yourself. Then shoot lasers from your position. The Cocoon soon explodes, exposing you and sending Danmaku in all directions (-500 Hunger)
>A defensive Spell Card, focusing on giving you space. You can also protect any nearby allies with this.
>Be careful when the Cocoon explodes, the enemy may have decided to withhold their resources and go for a decisive strike when you're exposed.

>"Bombyx Mori" is the scientific name for Silk Moths.
>This Spell Card represents a Silk Worm transforming into a Moth. What's that? You're already a Moth? Perhaps you're still in your metaphorical cocoon...
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 30, 2021, 02:49:25 PM
>Check my spell cards.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 30, 2021, 05:23:04 PM
>Check my spell cards.

Vengeance "Blade of 19 Souls"
Description: You shoot 19 Fireballs forward. Then swing your blade, causing them to explode and spread Danmaku. (Required Equipment: Blade)

>A straightforward "Danmaku is about power" Spell Card. Aims to overwhelm the opponent with literal superior firepower.

>You don't know, or rather you don't remember, why you chose the number 19 or who these 19 Souls are...
>Perhaps it's related to that Wakizashi you have in your inventory.
Red Symbol "Quarter of Fire"
Description: You cover the entire area behind the enemy with fire. Then send out a barrage of unfocused Danmaku. (-90 Fuel)
>A predatory Spell Card. Aims to make the opponent panic and approach you by burning down any common escape routes.

>Red Symbol? A Quarter of What? Are there any Bird Youkai that fit those titles? Are you one of them?
Before you ask: You already have everything you need for these Spell Cards. But you can prompt for more details.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 30, 2021, 05:32:16 PM
>"Yes, I'd be happy to duel with you."
>"Kaze, Apple, do you want to play?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on August 30, 2021, 06:59:15 PM
>"Don't fancy myself much of an entertainer but I'll join the duel."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 30, 2021, 07:57:47 PM
>"Yes, I'd be happy to duel with you."
>"Kaze, Apple, do you want to play?"

>"I'm up for it! Been a while since I had a romp with fellow fairies!" Apple cheerfully agrees.
>"Yeah, I'm in. I'm on your back right now, so it's not like I have a choice." Despite saying that, Kaze seems excited for this.

>"Don't fancy myself much of an entertainer but I'll join the duel."

>"Grand! Fantastic! Truly your hearts are pure to be humouring me like this, after all that's happened." Unity seems truly elated at your responses, she looks like she's ready to dance in excitement.

>"Now, if you don't mind, I'll take the lead. Girls, just like we practiced!"
>With that, she immediately declares a Spell Card. Starting off strong, huh?
>"Fae Stratagem 001: 'Phalanx'!"

>The atmosphere of the area shifts, and a group of Fairies dressed in green get close to Unity.
>They form a defensive barrier of bodies around her, they seem completely willing to take anything. But Fairies are immortal, not invulnerable.
>The Fairies fire unfocused Danmaku from their position, unmoving while firing.

>Fae Phalanx HP:

>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on August 31, 2021, 03:57:29 AM
>Can we fly right now?

>Look through our familiars' eyes to see if formation leaves Unity exposed from the top.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on August 31, 2021, 07:19:45 PM
>Can we fly right now?

>Yes.

>Look through our familiars' eyes to see if formation leaves Unity exposed from the top.

>You look through your nearby Familiars to see any chinks in the Fairies' defence.
>Disappointingly, and impressively, they've covered almost every angle around Unity. Including abo-

>The Fae Phalanx's formation shifts and parts, revealing their Leader.
>There is a very bright pink light shining in the middle of their formation. Is that Unity Web? Is she charging up an attack?
>Fae Phalanx HP (Exposed)
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 01, 2021, 06:32:28 AM
>Move out of the way
->Use our familiars to get an idea of the size of the laser while Moth fires danmaku at the exposed unity.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on September 01, 2021, 08:04:26 PM
>Find a safe play to fly to and get a clear focus on the leader.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 01, 2021, 09:18:39 PM
>Move out of the way
->Use our familiars to get an idea of the size of the laser while Moth fires danmaku at the exposed unity.

>You try to move out of the way of the charged attack. But you can't really predict its trajectory.
>You assume that the attack is most likely a laser and attempt to predict its size using your familiar's sight.
>You haven't really seen many charged lasers, but the light is being condensed into a single point, with Unity seemingly using herself as the focus for the energy.
>While observing, your familiars take shots at the Exposed Leader of the Fairies. Unity, to her credit, continues channelling, unfettered.

>Find a safe play to fly to and get a clear focus on the leader.

>A charge attack. That sounds like something you don't want to deal with.
>You fly to a safe spot, somewhere in her sides. As that's where the green fairies that made up her formation are currently and she wouldn't fire on her own, would she?
>You manage to get confirm a clear shot on Unity. It's difficult not to considering she's shining and in the centre of the formation.

>The Light converges onto a single point. Then you feel a shockwave, see a laser, and hear the howl of destruction.
>Looks like it was a laser. It focused on power in exchange for size.

>"I don't think I need to warn you about that, right?" Kaze remarks.
>She's right, you're already moving. Kaze's wind makes a last-minute dodge into more of a side-step. In fact, you don't think Unity was even aiming directly at you.
>But what was she aiming at then-
>...Huh. Looks like she wanted your Moths out. That laser tore right through them, even the giant ones, despite their size.
>The only ones that weren't destroyed were the ones focused on Apple. Wait, where is she?

>You were close to the formation, so you felt the shockwave. Good thing you moved, if you stayed where you were, you might've gotten hit by that thing.
>All those moths that were looking at Unity are decimated. You would feel sorry if you weren't sure those are familiars.
>Wait, why do you hear wing-beats?
>"Ahahaha! We ride on!"
>A blur of white and black speeds past and you almost think that The Witch decided to join in. But it's even smaller than her, and there were multiple whites...
>You see a Fairy in a Black-Brown Dress riding a giant moth like an oversized pony with wings. Isn't that fairy part of The Moth's repertoire? Black Apple wasn't it?

>What's she doing up there?! At least the Moths you assigned to her are following her, she's riding one of them and there are two on her side flanks.
>Actually, she's in a pretty good position to attack now. Was she planning this or is this a spur of the moment thing?
>Giant Moths remaining: 3

>The Formation shifts, and attempts to move to its original positioning.
>While moving, the green fairies open fire on any nearby intruders. Sayuri and Black Apple are the closest, so they take precedence.
>A silver lining is that this process causes Unity to be exposed for a moment. Even after her attack is done.
Fae Phalanx HP (Exposed)
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 02, 2021, 10:02:59 AM
>"No, but that was impressive."
->Take a quick shot at Unity

>Concentrate on dodging while trying to find a pattern to the danmaku
->Count to get an estimate of how long between laser blasts
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 03, 2021, 11:19:28 AM
>"No, but that was impressive."
->Take a quick shot at Unity

>"Yeah, who would've thought such a small frame could have that much power." Kaze notes.
>You take a shot at Unity before the Formation closes. It was just a small pot-shot, but any damage helps.

>Concentrate on dodging while trying to find a pattern to the danmaku
->Count to get an estimate of how long between laser blasts

>You concentrate on dodging any Danmaku that gets near you. Not a lot does, because the Fairies are focused on Apple and that Bird Youkai.
>Trying to find a pattern is a bit troublesome. You can focus but you're too far away from the action to do a proper analysis. You need closer eyes...
>That's it! You split your vision to the Moths that are around Apple, and see the Formation, the Danmaku, the organised chaos of the Spell Card. That Bird is nearby as well.
>Now to analyse. Using past experience (however scant it is, this is your second or third actual fight) and instinct, you attempt to read a pattern...
>Unity Web's Spell Cards are interesting. In that calling them Unity Web's Spell Cards would be a misnomer.
>Her Spell Cards do not use only her power, and are not only associated with her. Unity Web uses her ties with nature and, most of all, her leadership talents to make these Spell Cards possible.
>Yes. It would be more fitting to say that these Spell Cards belong to all the Fairies of the Forest of Magic; or at least, all of those in Unity Web's team.
>But Unity is their ambassador. So, much to her chagrin, she gets the main credit for these Spell Cards despite the fact that she wants all the Fairies to be credited for their effort in them.
>Fae Stratagem 001: "Phalanx" Also Known As Unseelie Court "Trooping Fairies' Guard"
>>Green fairies surround Unity Web in a close Formation, protecting her from any outside attacks while warding off possible intruders with Danmaku.
>>This covers her long enough for a charged laser. Like a spear or a sword striking through the scenery, it's fast and powerful, but thin compared to other strong laser-oriented Spell Cards. It's also telegraphed with a visual tell. Not to mention the Formation has to open up, lest she attacks some of her own.

>>When the Formation opens up, Unity Web is exposed until the Formation closes. This makes the charge up and aftermath of her laser a perfect time to attack.
>>Another flaw is that while her Formation keeps intruders out, it also keeps things in. This means that if you sneak into the Formation and get near Unity, then there's little that the green fairies can do. Of course, this means that you have to deal with Unity Web and a powerful fast laser, but it should be worth it if it means attacking the Leader directly.
>The laser should come out every 7 seconds. Enough time for someone with a high amount of speed to rush in and get close to Unity.
>Normally you would say that you're too slow, but thankfully you have a speed boost in the form of Kaze playing as a Backpack/(un)willing teammate.
>Alternatively, you could leave it to Apple as she's currently flying near the Formation.
>_!

>Fae Phalanx HP
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on September 03, 2021, 03:37:18 PM
>Focus on dodging and fire danmaku when I have a chance.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 03, 2021, 04:53:53 PM
>Get closer while dodging the danmaku

>Do we think there is enough room for us and Unity if we run into the formation after the laser?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 03, 2021, 06:05:38 PM
>Focus on dodging and fire Danmaku when I have a chance.

>You dodge the bullets that come after you and fire back. Despite being close to the Formation, your superior speed makes it easy to not get hit. The actual problem is attacking.
>The green fairies block your shots. It looks like you need more power if you want to break through the Formation with brute force.

>Get closer while dodging the danmaku

>You get closer to the Formation while dodging any stray bullets. Kaze's boost is greatly appreciated here.
>"Woo! Getting into the action huh?" And it seems she really appreciates the straightforward approach.

>Do we think there is enough room for us and Unity if we run into the formation after the laser?

>It's a bit of a tight fit, but you think everyone should fit if you rush in after the laser.
>Speaking of the laser...

>The Formation shifts and opens, once again revealing a light as pink as Cherry blossoms. Just where does Unity draw this power from? Herself?
>Everyone is so close, could you really dodge from this distance?
>Maybe this is what Incident Resolvers think sometimes when faced with more daunting Spell Cards. But fear, although natural, must be swallowed to grasp victory.
>_!
>Fae Phalanx HP (Exposed)
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on September 03, 2021, 10:58:46 PM
>Continue focusing on dodging but intensify my danmaku to take out the green fairies.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 03, 2021, 11:37:06 PM
>Take potshots while Unity is charging her laser
->Move in a square pattern towards Unity

//The square horizontal to the ground
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 04, 2021, 10:35:09 AM
>Continue focusing on dodging but intensify my danmaku to take out the green fairies.

>Dodging is, once again, easy. But intensifying your Danmaku is surprisingly difficult.
>Most others can accomplish this by just shoving more Magic or Spiritual Power into their attacks, but for some reason you can't do that.
>So you improvise.
>You create Danmaku in the shape of a ball and imbue it with your flame. Then throw it at the green fairies. (-30 Fuel)
>It explodes and spreads a good amount of flame. Now there should be hole in their Formation.

>Fuel:
>Fuel refers to how many flammable things are around you. You can use this to strengthen attacks, imbue things with fire, and curse others with flame. Though you are curious about how powerful burning anything is...
>You are currently in a Forest surrounded by trees, you're not going to be running out of this soon so you're not worried about using it.
>This can fluctuate a bit depending on the situation and environment.
>Take potshots while Unity is charging her laser
->Move in a square pattern towards Unity

//The square horizontal to the ground

>You take a few shots at Unity while she's charging her laser. Getting closer allows you take more shots.
>You take a different movement pattern than usual hoping-

>The laser shoots forward. With so many people in a singular area, it seems that Unity Web tried to hit multiple people in one blast.

>You strongly flap your wings and get out of the way in a split second before it would hit.

>That laser comes out way too fast! The square pattern isn't going to help!
>Wind Sign "Squall of Nagano"!
>You feel much faster than usual. Using this extra speed you fly to safety.
>"Hey, Onmyouji, have you ever heard of a technique called Streaming? I feel like that would really help, since I'm not doing that more than once!"
>"Oh, I see you decided to join me!" Apple looks like she's having the time of her life riding that Moth, how did she dodge that laser anyway?

>The light clears and you all see Unity up close. Her hands were outstretched forwards, is that the stance she takes when charging up?
>"Oh, I see you managed to get close. This doesn't bode well for me. But then, I had to make these cards fair somehow." Unity notes.
>_!
>Fae Phalanx HP (Exposed)
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 05, 2021, 07:32:02 AM
>"Thank you for the save.  I haven't heard of streaming. What is that?"

>Fire Danmaku and move back to a safer distance
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 05, 2021, 09:10:36 PM
>"Thank you for the save.  I haven't heard of streaming. What is that?"

>"You're welcome. Anyway, Streaming!" Kaze clears her throat and starts eagerly talking like a patronizing tutor.
>"Streaming (https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Getting_Started#Streaming) is a dodging technique where you wait until the bullet, laser or whatever Danmaku the opponent is using is just about to hit you, then you dodge by sidestepping slightly. This maximizes the amount of time you can spend focusing on shooting and lowers the need for movement while reducing enemy Danmaku spread. But you can only do this with focused Danmaku, in other words, Danmaku that is directly aimed at you." That's good to know.
>"Otherwise this is a pretty simple technique. Helps if you're fast like that Bird Youkai over there, but even a fat moth like you can pull it off with a bit of practice." It's good that she has faith in you, but did she really need to add that 'fat' part?

>"Speaking of that Bird Youkai: What's her name? It feels weird or rude to just call her 'Bird Youkai' but she hasn't actually told us her name." That's rich coming from someone who just called you fat.

>Fire Danmaku and move back to a safer distance

>You fire Danmaku directly at Unity Web while retreating slightly. You still stick close to the Formation, but that beam isn't going to require Kaze using a Spell Card.

>The bullets collide into Unity's small frame. "H-hey! That stings!"
>Fae Phalanx HP (Exposed)
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 06, 2021, 09:53:31 AM
>Keep up the danmaku before the formation closes

>"I'm not sure.  This is the first time I've seen her."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on September 06, 2021, 06:02:54 PM
>Keep focusing on dodging, firing danmaku at Unity Web whenever I have an opportunity.
>Try to listen in on the commotion going on near The Moth.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 06, 2021, 09:00:40 PM
>Keep up the danmaku before the formation closes

>"I'm not sure.  This is the first time I've seen her."

>You keep firing directly at Unity. She seems to be trying to calm herself while under fire.

>"She seems interesting. Not many people I know of would willingly jump into a gauntlet of Fairies just to help a stranger. Sounds like the kind of insane generosity you would need to be an Incident Resolver."

>Keep focusing on dodging, firing danmaku at Unity Web whenever I have an opportunity.
>Try to listen in on the commotion going on near The Moth.

>Well, that Youkai on The Moth's back is giving you mixed impressions. It's flattering she thinks that you're Incident Resolver material, but is it really so insane to help someone just because the odds are stacked against you? She does have a point on the whole 'name' thing, though.
>You fire directly at Unity. That seems to be her breaking point.

>"Phalanx Division, retreat! This stratagem has been rendered moot!"
>The Green Fairies heed the orders and rush back into the foliage. Huh, no exploding into dust like the 'Recall'.
>Fae Stratagem 001 "Phalanx" Captured!

>Unity pulls out a Red card. She made a physical card for this one?
>"Alright then. Let's be a bit more aggressive, shall we? Snipers! Into position!" Unity raises her right hand and crushes the card. Are the dramatics really required?
>A group of Red Fairies rush out of the foliage. Just how much training did they do to know their roles so easily?
>They've positioned themselves to surround the clearing. At least there's a small amount of them.

>Fae Stratagem 002 "Photon Rain"!
>The clearing is... Surprisingly silent.
>Until every Red fairy fires a devastating vermillion beam in unison at a single area! What where they aiming at?
>"I'm okay!" Apple. You almost forgot she was here. She was a good guinea pig, but how did she dodge multiple laser blasts?! With the Familiars surviving as well?!
>The Red Fairies are charging up for another blast. Now seems like a good time to plan on how to dodge that.
>_!
>"Photon Rain" HP
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on September 06, 2021, 10:39:53 PM
>Focus on dodging the lasers, trying to pick off the fairies when I can.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 07, 2021, 12:19:02 AM
>Get a little more back
->Practice streaming, but focus more on dodging

>"Keep up the great work, Apple!"

>Maybe there is a lot of people in Gensokyo that are unsung heroes
->That just means I have to try harder.

>"We're lucky to have ran into her."
->"Running into trouble; I think incident resolvers are the same as people from the old stories."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 07, 2021, 12:40:51 PM
>Focus on dodging the lasers, trying to pick off the fairies when I can.

>You focus on dodging the lasers whenever they fire upon you. It's actually a bit daunting, both because they're getting used to your flight patterns and you're getting closer to the source of the Danmaku, giving you less time to dodge. You may need to rethink tactics, get more imaginative...
>Regardless, you still fire at the Fairies whenever possible but they actively dodge out of the way while charging their beams. They're a shifty bunch.

>Get a little more back
->Practice streaming, but focus more on dodging

>You move back a bit. You think that it's a good idea to move away from the red laser blasts.
>You practice some streaming. It feels a bit risky, dodging a deluge of crimson beams as closely as you possibly can but eventually...
>"Whoa! Maybe I should ask my sis for piggyback ride more often!" You shift your body, almost contorting it instinctively. Curving around a storm of Danmaku like this, this is... almost exciting!

>"Keep up the great work, Apple!"

>"Thanks! I'm going to approach Unity directly."
>Just as she says that, a laser deluge approaches her. But they all... Dissipate?
>She continues to rush towards Unity with her trio of Moths.

>Maybe there is a lot of people in Gensokyo that are unsung heroes
->That just means I have to try harder.

>"We're lucky to have ran into her."
->"Running into trouble; I think incident resolvers are the same as people from the old stories."

>Gensokyo is an interesting place, so small and yet big in character. There could be people like you or that Bird everywhere. Oh well, competition brings out the best in people, as they say.

>"Yep, real lucky."
>"...What kind of old stories? How do you know about them?"

>"There's an enemy approaching my position! Shift priority targets!" Her orders seem absolute.
>You feel a burden taken off your shoulders, as if a thousand eyes were watching and now they are closed.
>But they're not closed. They have merely shifted.
>Apple, showing the childishly foolhardy nature fairies are infamous for, continues driving towards the Leader. Unaware that a rain of blood-red light is gazing upon her, eager to raze her.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 10, 2021, 09:49:09 AM
>"Apple, they're concentrating on you!"

>Keep up the streaming, but now trying shooting danmaku
->"I'm not sure where I learned them, Kaze.  I think the same way I just know how to speak.  There's Momotarō, Minamoto no Yorimitsu who slayed Shuten-Dôji, the mother of Ibaraki-dōji, and Susanoo."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 11, 2021, 10:00:21 PM
>"Apple, they're concentrating on you!"

>Apple perks up at the warning, and realises the gravity of the situation.
>"R-right! I've got something risky I want to try!" She focuses...

>Keep up the streaming, but now trying shooting danmaku
->"I'm not sure where I learned them, Kaze.  I think the same way I just know how to speak.  There's Momotarō, Minamoto no Yorimitsu who slayed Shuten-Dôji, the mother of Ibaraki-dōji, and Susanoo."

>You attempt to keep up the streaming, but no lasers are fired at you at all. It seems that all the Red Fairies are focused on Apple.
>So you focus on firing at the Fairies and you take down one of them. It seems that focusing on shooting makes them vulnerable, a perfect time to be aggressive.
>"...Interesting stories. Must be good to have such memorable names. Even though I don't know about them, for some reason." Kaze says with envy.

>Black Apple is at the centre of a firing squad, ready to eliminate one of her lives.
>But it seems that even with effective immortality, she's keen on staying alive.
>"I remember something, knowledge given to me by an unknown force. Knowledge of Science that stated the reason for decomposition existing in this world." Why do things just stop, or break? Is this Fairy questioning death?
>"e-I don't know if I should even know about this, but I'm going to have to rely on it right now!" Nervous conviction runs through her.

>In dramatic timing, every Red Fairy and Unity herself, fires a laser directly at Apple. The blast is so bright that it obscures your vision.
>But...
>"T-thermodynamics: "Entropy"!
>What are even "Thermodynamics"?!
>Every laser that approached Apple just... dissipated. As if they were all flames that ran out of fuel and extinguished.
>"E-ehe. How do you like that?" Apple looks smug despite being out of breath.
>Unity raises an arm and starts channelling. "...Everyone, charge up another blast." it seems she skipped the 'shock and awe' response, going straight for a killing blow.
>"Hey, Moth-Lady! I'm still on one of your Moths! I have faith in your decisions!"
>_!
>"Photon Rain" HP (Charging)


#Sorry about being later than usual, albeit on an arbitrary schedule. I usually like to wait until both Participants have posted before moving onto major enemy actions, but that can be pretty slow.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 12, 2021, 03:34:09 AM
//No problem, I understand.

>Can I cast Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon" from the moth Apple is riding to protect her?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 13, 2021, 12:41:49 PM
//No problem, I understand.

>Can I cast Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon" from the moth Apple is riding to protect her?

>The short answer is "Maybe".

>Normally you would say no. Your Familiars don't have enough spiritual energy to sustain a Spell Card.
>But Apple is riding a Giant Moth, it has more spiritual energy than average which makes this hard to immediately invalidate as an option.
>You can try and see what happens, this is a bit of uncharted water for you.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 13, 2021, 06:15:34 PM
>Channel enough spiritual power for a spellcard into one of the moths next to Apple

>"Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon" !"
->cast Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon" from the moth we applied the spiritual power to and make sure it protects apple.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 14, 2021, 03:09:32 PM
>Channel enough spiritual power for a spellcard into one of the moths next to Apple

>"Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon" !"
->cast Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon" from the moth we applied the spiritual power to and make sure it protects apple.

>You utilize that instinctive link between you and your familiar, and shove power through it. (-500 Hunger)
>You declare Transmogrification "Bombyx Mori Cocoon"
>All of fairies hesitate a bit when the Spell Card is declared, prepping themselves for a storm.

>Commanding a Moth to use a Spell Card was surprisingly simple. It seems that as long as they have enough power stored in them to follow through then the Familiar would act like it was any other command.
>The result was a bit interesting.
>Immediately, Apple was surrounded in a thick cocoon of your silk. Usually the next step would be the lasers but no Danmaku was shot from the Cocoon.

>The Red Fairies, realising that they were safe, calmed themselves and collectively fired a destructive array of lasers at the Cocoon.
>Thankfully the cocoon completely held up through the onslaught and exploded shortly thereafter, revealing a completely unharmed Apple.
>"Thanks! Time for a direct assault!" with that Apple continues riding towards Unity and opens fire. Curiously, the Familiars around her join in with their own bullets.

>"Hmm, that was unexpected, even with our intel on her. Snipers, change targets to The Moth Youkai! I will deal with Black Apple myself." At least Unity's getting used to being under direct fire.

>You feel a crushing pressure upon you, the gaze of The Fae masses bores into you, for the Leader commanded it.
>Is this what it feels like to actually be targeted?!
>"W-wha- Did fairies in large numbers always have this effect?!" Kaze's reaction at least gives you solace in the fact that she also feels this pressure, you aren't alone.
>_!
"Photon Rain" HP
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 16, 2021, 07:37:21 AM
>"Even Seija wasn't this intimidating.  Amazing what a little organization can do."

>Summon moths then have them create a curtain of lasers to keep the snipers from seeing us.
->Use our familiar's sight to see where the snipers are aiming

>Get ready to stream then fire danmaku
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 17, 2021, 03:03:22 PM
>"Even Seija wasn't this intimidating.  Amazing what a little organization can do."

>"I think that's quite interesting. Maybe Seija could learn something from the Fairies, heheh. Too bad about her inherent nature."

>Summon moths then have them create a curtain of lasers to keep the snipers from seeing us.
->Use our familiar's sight to see where the snipers are aiming

>You summon a swarm of moths and order them all to make a laser light-show, a curtain of light to give you time to plan your next performance.
>"Nice non-spell! This is impressive, if a bit one note, but hey, non-spells don't need variation." You weren't even intending to create a non-spell.
>You split your vision and see out the curtain. Some of the Red Fairies seem to be aimed at the last position they saw you, though the rest spread out a bit.

>Get ready to stream then fire danmaku

>You prepare yourself for the next blast. The pressure of The Fairies gaze are lightened a bit. Maybe you're getting used to eyes being on you. Maybe it's the type of gaze they have. Oh well, questions for later.

>The Fairies fire. Red runs through the white curtain like a lance through a shield, or more fittingly a cloak.
>You realise, as a laser skewers and sears your sternum, that streaming may not have been the best option this time.
>It seems that because they can't actually see you due to the curtain, the Red Fairies decided to spread out their lasers. They aren't aiming directly at your position, so streaming isn't as effective. You're a bit thankful that your analysis skills can hold up through the pain of being skewered by magic.

>"O-onmyouji!" Kaze seems worried, whether it's for your safety or hers is debateable. Either way, you get a speed boost, though not on the same level as Squall of Nagano.
>You heal your wounds using spiritual power, the pain would distract you from dodging (-500 Hunger). "Man, I wish I could do that" Kaze comments.

>The Shooting goes better however, when you realise something.
>In this setup, the enemy doesn't know where you are. And while that fact shot down your streaming strategy, it gives you great advantage: The enemies don't know where you're shooting from.
>This could be the beginning of a great plan, but you need to play this well or you might just get too weak to fight.
"Photon Rain" HP
>_!
#Good thing I'm not merciless enough to force you to 1cc NMNB in order to win, yet.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on September 17, 2021, 05:46:10 PM
>Continue to target the fairies shooting lasers.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 17, 2021, 06:42:52 PM
>Continue to target the fairies shooting lasers.

>The Red Fairies are thankfully focused on The Moth, so you completely blindside them.
>One of the fairies gets slashed through midsection by your wakazashi and another gets a face full of bullets.
>Unfortunately the element of surprise wore off fast, and some of them turn their attention to you.
>Hmm, there's an opportunity to burn them all right here if you play your cards right. But which cards to play?
>_!
#Good to have you back, Claire
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 17, 2021, 07:28:39 PM
>"I think that's quite interesting. Maybe Seija could learn something from the Fairies, heheh. Too bad about her inherent nature."
>"I'm not going to complain about that.  If anything with her philosophy, Unity should boss her around.  Actually they might lead Seija to victory."  Smirk

>You heal your wounds using spiritual power, the pain would distract you from dodging (-500 Hunger). "Man, I wish I could do that" Kaze comments.
>"Being able to dodge is a lot better. Wow, they pack a wallop."

>Stop shooting
>Do the light curtain again
->Summon a few moths then have them move to different locations
-->Have the moths fire off bullets so seems I am moving to those locations.

>When the fairies get ready to fire move out of their line
->Shoot when it is too late for the fairies to re-aim.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 19, 2021, 01:22:43 PM
>"I'm not going to complain about that.  If anything with her philosophy, Unity should boss her around.  Actually they might lead Seija to victory."  Smirk

>Kaze snickers. "That would be an event, I wonder what kind of Incident that would lead to."

>"Being able to dodge is a lot better. Wow, they pack a wallop."

>Stop shooting
>Do the light curtain again
->Summon a few moths then have them move to different locations
-->Have the moths fire off bullets so seems I am moving to those locations.

>When the fairies get ready to fire move out of their line
->Shoot when it is too late for the fairies to re-aim.

>You stop shooting and have your current moths create the curtain of light again, obscuring your location.
>You summon a few moths from your position and have them spread out. As a test, you have one moth fire Danmaku at a Red Fairy.
>Predictably, The Red Fairies immediately rain lasers at the familiar. Good, they took the bait.
>With all the time in the world to aim, you go for a strong direct laser impacting a Red Fairy and turning them into gold dust.
>You then use another familiar to pester them with bullets. They once again take the bait, destroying a moth.

>The Red Fairies are, on a tactical level, surrounded.
>On one side they have an enemy, A Bird, keen on directly attacking them. Though thankfully she uses simple attacks that are only an annoyance.
>On the other, they have The Moth, a known opponent. But one with novel tactics that threaten to render their strategies moot.
>They are being attacked by a direct opponent and an opponent who leverages her abilities. And their leader is distracted by Apple, impacting any possible orders.
>They're on the ropes, and so fast as well.
>"Photon Rain" HP
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on September 20, 2021, 04:42:15 PM
>Draw the fairies together then intensify my fire, focusing on them.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 20, 2021, 04:55:27 PM
>Continue the current strategy
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 21, 2021, 10:43:55 AM
>Draw the fairies together then intensify my fire, focusing on them.
>Continue the current strategy

>The Red Fairies attempt to deal with this onslaught. Sayuri, The Bird, harasses them with bullets forcing them to move. While The Nameless Moth is almost intangible behind a curtain of light, but still makes herself known by blasting a Fairy into dust when they least expect it.
>Their movement turn defensive, they clump together, hoping they can watch each other's backs like this.
>Their Last Mistake.

>Intensifying requires fuel, which you thankfully have plenty of (-30 Fuel). But intensifying and focusing produces a wonderfully destructive effect.
>The Fire, rather than shooting from you, seems to just appear from the air around the Fairies, smothering them in incandescence before exploding.
>And so all of The Red Fairies were razed by flames.

>"Photon Rain" HP
>Fae Stratagem 002 "Photon Rain": Defeated!

>With the Fairies dealt with, you all look towards where Unity Web last was.
>"Come on, stay still you worm!" She seems to be having trouble hitting Black Apple, firing weak lasers focusing on quantity over power.
>"Nuh-uh, I'm not Worm! Are you blind? Likely, considering your aim." Meanwhile Apple is having the time of her life with three Giant Moths, she's treating this like a game of tag rather than a duel.
>"I just need to hit you once and I would be satisfied okay?! Then the tide of this duel would surely turn!"
>"A bit too late for that, really."
>"What do you mea-" She looks around and realises all of her snipers are gone; "Ah, well in that case: I concede. This Duel is completed and you are the victors. Congratulations." Her expression is content, or even happy despite having admitted defeat.
>Unity Web: Defeated
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 24, 2021, 05:29:07 PM
>"Those were impressive spellcards.  Please let the fairies know."

>Give Apple a thumbs up, "Good job!"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 26, 2021, 12:57:37 PM
>"Those were impressive spellcards.  Please let the fairies know."

>Unity smiles "Thank you for the praise, We practiced quite a bit. Even if we didn't get to fight Marisa Kirisame, I suppose you were a great opponent as well. Vermilion will probably a bit miffed once she comes back, though. It's nothing I can't handle."

>Give Apple a thumbs up, "Good job!"

>"Yeah, I was really cool out there wasn't I?"
>Apple lands in front of you and gets off the Giant Moth. Brimming with confidence, she makes a beaming grin.

>"Yeah, some pretty good fireworks!" A familiar, up-beat voice calls out.
>Marisa, along with the rest of your entourage are standing at the front door.
>"We were watching at around the latter half of the fight. Spell Card Duels look very enchanting up close, I must admit." Hanako continues.
>"Oh, good job calming the situation as well. I may be good at lot of things, but de-escalation isn't my strong suit. If The Fairies all came at me, then I would've just blasted them, most likely won any potential duel, and gone back inside my house."

>Unity Web chimes in with an unexpected prediction "Fairies can be near dauntless once given enough motivation, and my retinue is no different. If you had simply annihilated us then we would keep coming back with more fervour, especially with me leading them. This would lead to a constant war within the Forest of Magic with the main Belligerents being The Fairies of The Forest of Magic and Marisa Kirisame, et al. This could destroy the relative peace within The Forest and I'm sure none of us would want that. I think an endless army facing an unstoppable force would not bode well for anyone's health." Her face seems distraught, as if she's visualising the conflict.
>"...Dang, I didn't even know Fairies could talk like this. When did you even think of all that?"
>"Back when The Moth and The Bird had suggested alternate routes for Fairies to gain renown. I analysed my previous plan of attacking you, all the flaws, then the consequences and came across this possible future. So, you are no longer our target."
>"Aww, come on! I'm sure if you guys train a bit more we could have a nice duel on maybe equal footing?" Marisa gives Unity a smirk.
>Unity smirks back. "One day, Witch, one day. But not today."
>"Anyway, this conflict has been resolved, my Fairies and I shall leave and you can all continue with whatever business you have."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 28, 2021, 09:52:21 AM
>Say to Unity, "Good luck and take care."

>"How are you feeling, Worm?"

Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 29, 2021, 01:40:50 PM
>Say to Unity, "Good luck and take care."

>"Good wishes to you too."

>"Me and my group must consider new horizons. I can guarantee that when we figure out a good way to contribute to Gensokyo, you two, The Moth and The Bird- uh Sayuri was it? Will be the first to know."
>With that, Unity and her Fairies leave the area. Perhaps someone could help them realise their ambition? Or maybe they're just good enough on their own. A fellow Minor Existence is a chance for networking.

#From now on I'll be keeping a list of met original characters. Because I've made an embarrassing amount of them and I don't think I should burden others with remembering everything.
>The Moth: A Minor Existence, played by Philosopher. A Moth Youkai with the Capability of Consuming Anything, creating silk, and making moth-like familiars that inherit her abilities. Currently in The Forest of Magic, dealing with weasels.
>Sayuri: A Minor Existence, played by DarkWitchClaire. A Bird Youkai with the Capability of creating and controlling Fire. Currently in The Forest of Magic, silently watching.
>Black Apple and Worm in Red: A duo of fairies, often inseparable. Apple can cause decomposition, Worm can force regeneration. Currently travelling with The Moth.
>Unity Web: An ambitious fairy who works to make people's view of her kind more positive. Currently planning a way to contribute to Gensokyo.
>The Sakura Family: Hanako Sakura and Ame Sakura, mother and daughter Humans respectively. Hanako works as a Florist and takes light walks in The Forest of Magic. Ame guards the Human Village at night. Currently travelling with The Moth.
>The Kaze Itachi: A Trio of Weasel Youkai who stole plants from Hanako. One of the sisters was injured and ill, so the plants are needed for medicine. One of the Weasels have been captured and is currently a (willing) hostage of The Moth.
>Kawa: A Seamstress in The Human Village. Can somehow work with unusual materials, like Youkai-Silk.
>"How are you feeling, Worm?"

>"I'm a bit tired, even after napping a bit. But I have enough strength to use my powers, so the healing plan could still work. Just... Not going to use Overgrowth until I get a proper rest." Worm tries her best to give you a smile and thumbs up but it's subtly strained.
>"Don't force yourself, Worm." Apple sees right through it, and frowns.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on September 30, 2021, 10:54:24 AM
>"Yeah, no one wants to see you hurt yourself."
->"How are you actually feeling?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 30, 2021, 01:10:14 PM
>"Yeah, no one wants to see you hurt yourself."
->"How are you actually feeling?"

>Worm pouts, though it looks more cute than threatening on her face.
>"I'm fine! Just using one or two Spell Cards isn't enough to wear me out! I'll be okay as long as I take a rest after all of this. Let's go."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 02, 2021, 09:35:18 AM
>Give Worm a dubious look.
>"Alright.  You can ride one of the large familiars if you get tired."

>"We'll see you later Miss Marisa!"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 02, 2021, 12:37:01 PM
>Give Worm a dubious look.
>"Alright.  You can ride one of the large familiars if you get tired."

>"You can ride one of those things?"
>"Oh yeah, it's fun! Like riding a fluffy flying horse."
>"I think only you could reasonably compare an insect to a mammal, Apple. But I'll consider it if flying on my own gets tiring."

>"We'll see you later Miss Marisa!"

"See ya later too! I'm gonna be visitin' the Human Village soon, so maybe we'll meet there."
>The rest of your group say their respective goodbyes to Marisa, with Hanako thanking her for her work. And you all walk away from The Kirisame Magic Shop.
>Hanako's map shows that you're getting close to her box, and therefore the other weasel. So at least nothing drastic could interfere now.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on October 04, 2021, 05:26:26 PM
>I've never left this part of the forest before, but I suppose I can come along with you. Maybe I can forge a new minor existence for myself outside of this clearing.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 04, 2021, 05:48:50 PM
>I've never left this part of the forest before, but I suppose I can come along with you. Maybe I can forge a new minor existence for myself outside of this clearing.

#Just to clarify: you're talking to The Moth, correct?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 04, 2021, 10:41:56 PM
>"I'd be happy to have your company."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 05, 2021, 04:45:07 PM
>I've never left this part of the forest before, but I suppose I can come along with you. Maybe I can forge a new minor existence for myself outside of this clearing.
#I'm going to assume you're talking to The Moth.
>"I'd be happy to have your company."

The Party has increased in size. The Moth and Sayuri has joined forces. They continue to the Weasels, following the map.

Sayuri:
>"So, uh, what's your name? You seem like an interesting girl." That Youkai strapped on The Moth's back asks you.
>Why does she want to know your name so badly?
>_?

The Moth:
>"Where did you hear about that 'Thermodynamics' stuff, Apple?" Worm asks curiously.
>Apple puts a hand to her chin, confused. "Eh, honestly I don't remember. Maybe from one of those books you appropriated?"
>"I-" Worm stops and exhales; "Probably not. If that were the case then I would have heard of Thermodynamics as well. Maybe you heard of it before you met me? But we're so close..."
>"Maybe it's from the same way I know how to talk and do Danmaku, despite having no teachers or parents."
>That might make sense, you know a lot of things despite having no-one to teach you. Like Momotarō, Minamoto, Shuten and Ibaraki-Dōji, along with Susanoo. There's also the Shinchū, but your knowledge on that seems pretty sparse in comparison for some reason.
>But why something so esoteric? You've never heard of Thermodynamics and considering what it did, it sounds like some sort of forgotten magic.
>You should try to get answers when you find someone who could possibly know about all of this.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: DarkWitchClaire on October 06, 2021, 12:03:01 AM
>"I'm Sayuri. I haven't known much outside of this part of the forest, but The Magician's shop here meant that I was never without excitement for too long. What brought you here in the first place?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 06, 2021, 07:13:30 AM
>"We came to help Hanako and now are helping Kaze's sister who is ill."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 09, 2021, 06:12:13 PM
>"I'm Sayuri. I haven't known much outside of this part of the forest, but The Magician's shop here meant that I was never without excitement for too long. What brought you here in the first place?"

>"We came to help Hanako and now are helping Kaze's sister who is ill."

>"Well, 'Ill' is a bit of an understatement. But you'll see soon, we're here."
>As Kaze says that, you see an open crevice in the ground.
>"This is the entrance to our house, of sorts. Not all of us can make or afford a fancy house or a shack, okay."
>That looks like a major falling hazard. Good thing you can fly!
>...But Hanako and Ame, humans, can't.
>"We'll ride the Giant Moths." Ame says as a suggestion.
>Now everyone just needs to descend into this weird crevice in the ground. When did this even appear?
>_?
#Sorry for being late with this post. University has recently started for me and it will be a while before my schedule gets organised.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 11, 2021, 10:20:28 PM
>Have some of our smaller moths eat detritus.

>"Does it flood during the rainy season?"

>Make sure the moths are big enough for Hanako and Ame to ride
->Descend down the crevice
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 12, 2021, 04:49:48 PM
>Have some of our smaller moths eat detritus.

>"Does it flood during the rainy season?"

>"No, miraculously. It's large enough down there that we don't have to worry about flooding. We even put some torches and lanterns down there for light."

>The Moths come back from their tasteless meal of dirt. Better than nothing. (+500 Hunger)

>Make sure the moths are big enough for Hanako and Ame to ride
->Descend down the crevice

>Hanako and Ame climb onto a Giant Moth each. It's a bit comical to look at, but it looks like they can reasonably maintain their balance on the Moths; Like adults riding small ponies.
>"Sweetie, did you ever ride animals as part of your Night Guard training?"
>"No. They didn't think that was necessary. And I don't think that would prepare me for riding a larger-than-average insect."
>"Aww come on, Don't be nervous! Just go with your gut and flying will come naturally!" Apple acts like an expert in the subject.
>"...If you say so." The disbelief in Ame's voice is palpable.

>You and your party descend through the crevice.
>As you get deeper, the natural light decreases. Soon it reaches a level that you're pretty sure the average person wouldn't be able to see in front of them. While the natural rock formation makes the area relatively cramped for flying, for a large group like yours anyway.
>You feel like this would be the perfect place for an ambush by Fairies, or Kedama, or Spirits- basically any enemy.
>"Heh, we keep this place clean of any riff-raff. Makes for good target practice." Kaze boasts

>Eventually, the light levels climb back up by virtue of some floating torches and lanterns.
>"Okay, finally." Apple breathes a sigh of relief; "Worm, Hanako, Ame, Sayuri! You still there?!"
>"We're right behind you!" Ame shouts back.
>"Or rather, above you." Worm corrects.
>You go for a gentle descent, not sure if your Human passengers could take a faster flight.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 14, 2021, 10:47:33 AM
>"When we get back you'll have an interesting story for the other guards."

>Look behind to see how everyone is doing.

>"I love the lights."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 16, 2021, 01:41:17 PM
>"When we get back you'll have an interesting story for the other guards."

>"Yeah, I don't think they'll like the 'working together with a Youkai' part, however. Maybe I'll just say you're an Omnyouji or some other believable excuse."

>Look behind to see how everyone is doing.

>You take a look at your retinue while floating down.
>Apple is the closest to you (Kaze doesn't really count). She's nervously shifting her eyes around as if a ghost will pop out any second.
>Hanako and Ame are riding downwards. Hanako is clutching the large Familiar for dear life while slowly descending. Ame is leaning forward, trying to find some way to move faster it seems.
>Worm is sandwiched between them. Looking around the cavern and occasionally looking at the Humans.
>"This place is pretty deep, huh?"
>"Makes for a good hiding place as well." What do The Weasels have to hide from?

>"I love the lights."

>"Thanks, they're floating because of my wind."
>"That's my ability, in case you haven't figured it out. Creating and Maintaining winds. My sisters and I ride the winds I make to enhance their speed, that's how we go so fast. I would be able to create stronger winds with my fan but someone trapped it in a cocoon."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 21, 2021, 03:27:10 AM
>Avoid Kaze's eyes

>"Do you know how your sisters will react to us?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 21, 2021, 07:57:15 PM
>Avoid Kaze's eyes

>"Do you know how your sisters will react to us?"

>You try to avoid Kaze's accusatory gaze. Why do people always get uppity about their tools getting cocooned? It's super soft.

>"Well, one of them can't even move without excruciating pain right now. So you'll just have to worry about the other.
She's the blade wielder, the most adept at slicing out of all of us."
>"As for how she'll react... It will be a bit strange at first. You and your fairy duo look like Humans because of those cool disguises, to say nothing of the actual Humans. But I'm your hostage, so her first reaction is probably going to be 'Let go of my sister, you Human scum!'" Her voice seems to be an endearing mockery.
>"My third, injured, sister is the sweetest thing ever. Though I may be biased."
>"Honestly, we should try to explain the situation as fast as possible to avoid problems."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 23, 2021, 09:51:51 AM
>"That sounds like the smart thing to do."

>Continue on
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 23, 2021, 09:29:14 PM
>"That sounds like the smart thing to do."

>Continue on

>"I'm glad that we agree. Now lets hope Sis actually gives us a chance."

>You and your party continue down through the cave, navigation is easier as paradoxically there is more light the deeper you get.
>The bottom is actually decently furnished, for a cave. The torches outline a clear path forward.
>You follow the path and reach an opening. A small cove that was most likely made with The Weasel's bare hands.
>As you look around the cove, it becomes obvious this is mainly a place for resting and not much else. The amenities you would find in a place like the Kappa Warehouse aren't found here. The only notable pieces are the Bed, with a wooden frame and some soft material imitating a mattress, a Table carved out of wood with a seemingly meticulous hand, and the Tsurugi made of stone positioned next to the Table.
>The main thing you focus on however is the bed and the two figures near it. Obviously Kaze's Sisters.

>You eavesdrop on a conversation between these siblings. The sickly Weasel sits in bed, clutching her chest. You figure the other one is the "Blade Wielder" Kaze mentioned, she stands with an expression fraught with worry, holding a bowl of some sort of liquid.
>"Okay, I made the ointment using your usual instructions. I'm not as good at this as you are, but this one should work for sure, right?!" The Blade Wielder's words are coated in desperation.
>"I-I think we should stop with the ointments. Maybe we should seek help outside the Forest?" The patient suggests.
>This touches a nerve, you guess, as The Blade Wielder throws a near tantrum.

>"Going outside the Forest is what caused this in the first place! Damn it, those Humans somehow found a way to inflict inhumane damage on a Youkai and they just happened to find you wandering around. Then the remorseless fiends did this to you!"
>She can't contain her emotions through just her words, she starts pacing around the cove as if that will help even out her mood. "If that wasn't bad enough, the last time we went to rob that Florist she somehow had back-up strong enough to restrain another one of us. I can't lose her, I already have enough to worry about with your condition!"
>"I swear, when I find whoever took her I'll-" She pauses abruptly.

>She stares directly at you. Her eyes steer to Kaze, the sister taken from her, on your back.
>"H-hey Sis." Kaze says awkwardly.
>The Blade Wielder moves with impressive speed to the Stone Tsurugi. Her sisters beg her to wait but their words fall on deaf ears.
>At least you can act.
>_!
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 24, 2021, 11:00:46 AM
>What is our hunger at?

>Do we think we can put Kaze gently on the floor before her sister reaches us?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 24, 2021, 12:15:44 PM
>What is our hunger at?

>Current Hunger:
>You could probably get slashed through your gut and heal it. You would need a meal afterwards though.

>Do we think we can put Kaze gently on the floor before her sister reaches us?

>You wrack your mind as fast as possible for possibilities...
>And come up with a few options, though some would involve putting Kaze in front of you.
>The ultimate answer is: Yes, depending on how you do it.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 24, 2021, 01:17:24 PM
>Move away from the entrance and the Blade wielder.
->Summon a few familiars to eat the cocoon enough to free Kaze.

>Raise our hands in the air while keeping our distance
->"Can we talk about this?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 24, 2021, 02:47:11 PM
>Move away from the entrance and the Blade wielder.
->Summon a few familiars to eat the cocoon enough to free Kaze.

>Raise our hands in the air while keeping our distance
->"Can we talk about this?"

>You summon small familiars to eat through Kaze's restraints. She immediately jumps away from your back and towards The Blade Wielder.
>Then you distance yourself, raise your hands and ask for peace.
>"I would say that you should listen to her, Sis. She's a nice woman." A bit strange that Kaze's vouching for you after being a hostage, but you'll take what you can get.
>"Siding with Humans are you?"

>"What's going on in here?"
>"Apple, come on, you shouldn't interrupt this kind of scene!" Sounds like the dynamic duo has revealed themselves.
>"...Were you overwhelmed by a Human mother and her two children?" Do you three really look so much like a family? First Seija and now this.
>"It's a long story that we will only explain if you calm down and put the blade away, Sis."
>"I-I also believe that a conversation would greatly help!" The Bed-ridden one adds.
>Being outnumbered, and having her own sisters asking for a chance, The Blade Wielder drops her Tsurugi.
>"Alright then. Speak."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 26, 2021, 08:13:49 AM
>Take off our hat
->"To start, we came to help heal your sister."

>"Apple, Worm, and I offered to help Hanako after hearing about the herbs."

"When we learn from Kaze about your sister's condition we came to help.  Worm can regenerate living things."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 26, 2021, 03:09:19 PM
>Take off our hat
->"To start, we came to help heal your sister."

>"Apple, Worm, and I offered to help Hanako after hearing about the herbs."

"When we learn from Kaze about your sister's condition we came to help.  Worm can regenerate living things."

>You take off your sun hat, revealing your antenna.
>The Blade-Wielding Weasel stumbles a bit, taking a moment to absorb your story.
>"...What's with the disguise? Why try to blend in with Humans? Why adopt Human children?"
>Worm Interjects. "We'll answer your questions later." Worm flares out her wings. "I'm Worm, here to heal to your sister." She starts walking towards the bed.
>"And I'm Apple, also a Fairy. I'm here to act as her foil!"
>"Okay, everything is clear now. A Youkai and two Fairies? Much more believable."

>"What in the depths of Naraka am I looking at?! Every time I force the regeneration process it just opens up again!"
>Your attention turns to Worm's shrieks and you take a closer look at the Weasel's Wound.
>The cut is severe. A gash going from the upper-right of her collarbone to the bottom-left of her hips. Maximum surface area, and meant to kill.
>But mortal wounds usually mean nothing for Youkai, the real problem is that it won't heal over.
>You realise why upon further inspection, the wound doesn't smell of iron or the usual blood. It smells similar to the Misfortune you experienced at Apple and Worm's Treehouse.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on October 27, 2021, 06:44:54 AM
>"That should be impossible, they used misfortune."
->"Excuse me Worm, let me see if I can pull some of it out."

>Look closely at the wound
->Use one of our moths to smell the wound to find the misfortune

>Have our familiar suck out suck out any misfortune it can without hurting the patient

>"Miss Hina, a god on youkai mountain, can easily pull the misfortune out."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on October 29, 2021, 09:29:31 PM
>"That should be impossible, they used misfortune."
->"Excuse me Worm, let me see if I can pull some of it out."

>"T-that explains why I couldn't heal myself. I tried my natural healing at first. T-then my specialised healing abilities. Nothing worked, not even medicine..." The Bed-ridden Weasel croaks out.
>"B-but you can extract Misfortune? How?"
>Apple looks over the patient, and answers in your stead.
>"Moth-lady here has an... interesting purification method. Just stay still and don't freak out."

>Look closely at the wound
->Use one of our moths to smell the wound to find the misfortune

>You take a closer look at the wound. If you squint closely enough then you can see the residue of Misfortune that permeates some parts of the damaged flesh, but you don't think that this is a very efficient way of finding minute Misfortune. So Familiars it is.
>You get a small moth to smell closer to the wound and- Oh, such rich Impurity! But a paltry amount compared to the feast before-
>You cut the link before anymore funny ideas pop in. The smell is extremely pungent on the surface of the wound and that messes up your thoughts it seems. But hopefully the Weasel will be mostly okay after you've extracted the Miasma.

>Have our familiar suck out suck out any misfortune it can without hurting the patient

>You prepare yourself for a snack and get your little extractor to drink in the Misfortune.
>(Un)fortunately, the bittersweet taste of Misfortune that you remember is diluted by the unfamiliar irony taste of blood. (+750 Hunger)
>"Huh, expected more pain. It actually feels more like a syringe sting."

>"And now for attempt number two."
>Worm lays her hands on the gash and focuses. The wound scabs over and the flesh stitches itself back in place at an accelerated rate.
The Weasel sits up and does a practice stretch.
"No pain, and the wound stayed shut! Fantastic, it worked!"
>The Cured Weasel jumps out of bed directly at you and wraps her arms around in a hug. "Thank you!"; She retracts her arms.
>"What, no thanks and hug for the Fairy?"

>"Miss Hina, a god on youkai mountain, can easily pull the misfortune out."

>"Okay, we'll go to her for a check up and see if there's any parts you missed."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on November 01, 2021, 01:29:06 AM
>Turn to Worm, "You did a great job."
->Give her a quick hug

>"Do you remember what the human who attacked you looked like?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 01, 2021, 01:25:38 PM
>Turn to Worm, "You did a great job."
->Give her a quick hug

>Worm blushes and whimpers a bit. But at least she isn't melting or rejecting the praise like last time.
>"Good job from me too, Worm!" Apple chimes in.
>The Weasel realises her mistake. "Oh, sorry! do you want a hug from me too?"
>"N-no. I think this is enough." And she rejecting it again.

>"Do you remember what the human who attacked you looked like?"

>The Cured Weasel raises a hand to her chin in a pondering expression.
>"I was ambushed, so I didn't get a very clear view. But I think I can give some identifiers."

>"She was wearing a Miko outfit, similar to the Hakurei Shrine Maiden or that one in the Youkai Mountain I've heard of. Except her outfit was White and Green coloured. I think she was a brunette as well, but that's hardly a unique identifier. That's all I could discern before I succumbed to my wound."
>"Speaking of which: She definitely used a blade of some kind, maybe Cursed, in order to do this. I have no idea if she's still holding on to that weapon but watch out for anything like that. Wouldn't want to end up like me, would you?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on November 03, 2021, 11:16:10 PM
>lightly chuckle at Worm

>"That helps quite a bit, thank you."

>Turn to Hanako and Ame
->"Have either of you heard of someone like that?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 04, 2021, 09:28:32 PM
>lightly chuckle at Worm

>"That helps quite a bit, thank you."

>"You're welcome. It's the least I could do after you and Worrm dealt with my issue."
>"Issue is an understatement, Sis."
>"I also must thank you for healing my sister. I will also apologize for my appalling behaviour before. I've been on edge since... You know."

>Turn to Hanako and Ame
->"Have either of you heard of someone like that?"

>Hanako and Ame go through their memories for a possible fit for the description.
>"I don't think I've met anyone with that description. Not in the Shop or The Forest." Hanako seems to be drawing blanks.
>Ame snaps her fingers as she realises a fit.
>"I've seen her before! In fact, I met her up close!"

>"It was around a week ago, while I was doing the patrol. I met a human with that exact description, but she also had blue eyes and didn't have a weapon. Or a gohei for that matter, strange for a Shrine Maiden.
She was outside her home at night. While we don't have a strict curfew, it's generally recommended that residents of The Human Village stay within their homes to avoid possible Youkai ambushes, so I approached her to give a warning. She instead asked me where the nearest river was and that she would return home shortly after visiting it. I told her, but she never returned, I've never seen her since.
A shame, really. She seemed like a nice woman. Well-spoken, polite, doesn't seem like the kind that would use a potentially cursed weapon to give someone a harrowing injury."

>"So, that's my testimony on this Mystery Miko. The third Human Miko in Gensokyo and they're possibly a blade-waving maniac that I failed to stop. Fantastic..." Ame ends.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on November 07, 2021, 06:39:20 PM
>"I understand, anyone would have responded in a like matter. I'm just glad we were able to help."

>Turn to Ame
>"We now know and have an idea of how dangerous she is."
->"Could the sword be controlling her?"
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 08, 2021, 09:05:11 PM
>"I understand, anyone would have responded in a like matter. I'm just glad we were able to help."

>Turn to Ame
>"We now know and have an idea of how dangerous she is."
->"Could the sword be controlling her?"

>"I hope so, I almost don't want to believe that a regular Human would be powerful or sick enough to do something like this. But I recently impaled multiple fairies with little remorse so..." Ame looks down despondently.
>"Considering what happened here and Gensokyo's track record with Shrine Maidens, I doubt she's a normal Human in your sense of the word. And your stint with the fairies I'm going to categorise as self-defence whereas this is just attempted murder." Kaze notes.

>Worm pitches in. "The controlling idea would not surprise me. 'Cursed sword grants user immense power but possesses them as a down-side' is a pretty common story. Not the most outlandish thing in Gensokyo either."
>"What if we're all wrong and she was secretly that bad but uses a cursed sword that doesn't posses people? How did she even get a cursed sword?"
>"Apple, you bring up some good points and but I think you were also skipping some steps."
>"Regardless of if that's true, what do we do now?"
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on November 11, 2021, 04:09:27 AM
>"If I understand correctly, most fairies see dying as an inconvenience."
>Glance at Worm and Apple
->"Correct me if I'm mistaken."

>"Finding her is where we should begin.  After that, we should try to get the sword away from her."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 11, 2021, 09:29:02 PM
>"If I understand correctly, most fairies see dying as an inconvenience."
>Glance at Worm and Apple
->"Correct me if I'm mistaken."

>"Yeah. Dying ain't really a big problem for us."
>"What about the stunt that Unity pulled? The 'Recall'?" You get queasy thinking about that again...
>"Honestly? Made me wonder If self-destructing is a good way to get back home faster. But I understand if you get squeamish about Fairy death. Not all people can get away with the stuff that Fairies do. And not even we kill each other willy-nilly, gets annoying after a while."

>"Finding her is where we should begin.  After that, we should try to get the sword away from her."

>"Alright. Where do we start?" Apple makes a good point. Investigation has to start somewhere.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on November 19, 2021, 04:24:15 AM
>"The village?  Hopefully other people have noticed her."
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 20, 2021, 04:01:18 PM
>"The village?  Hopefully other people have noticed her."

>"Hopefully. I mean, how many other Miko are there in Gensokyo? Moth-lady better not be stepping into some sort of conspiracy."
>"So, do you want to leave now or do you have any more business? I want to get my Sis to the Curse Goddess for a more thorough check-up. Maybe even Eientei after this. So we might not cross paths for awhile, unfortunately."
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on November 24, 2021, 03:22:03 AM
>"We'll let you get over to the goddess."
->Wave, "Take care!"

>Head out
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 24, 2021, 11:44:56 AM
>"We'll let you get over to the goddess."
->Wave, "Take care!"

>"Ah, wait!" The Blade-Wielder bows deeply towards your group; "My name is... well you can call me Tsurugi, it's the most notable part of me."
>Her tone becomes sad and apologetic "I'd like to personally apologise about the thefts done towards the Florist. I was extremely desperate but that doesn't justify my actions."
>Hanako smirks. "First: Stop bowing, would you? You're probably older than I am, it feels weird. Second: Apology Accepted. Third: next time just come into my shop for help, sure the villagers would give you looks but I'm not so picky with my company."

>Tsurugi straightens her posture. "Thank you. And with that done I say all of you keep safe as well! If you find that maniacal Miko give her a punch in the gut for us!"

>Head out

>With the apologies and goodbyes done. Your party leaves the cavern, your sights set on the Human Village.
>The trip out of the cavern and Forest is uneventful. Though between the Fae and the Weasels you think you deserve a small break.

>You cross by the initial clearing near the entrance you took into The Forest and see a Cocoon in addition to the familiar foliage.
>This Cocoon should contain the Fan that Kaze uses. You could grab the fan and hold it for later, or hope that Kaze finds it before anyone steals it.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on November 26, 2021, 02:42:07 AM
>Oh, you could send a familiar. . .
->Wait, a fairy or any other curious could steal it.

>Land down and have a familiar eat the grass to make a message to Kaze
->Write 'Returning fan tomorrow  Moth'

>Float with the fan back up to the others.
->Have our familiar eat the cocoon.
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on November 26, 2021, 01:08:44 PM
>Oh, you could send a familiar. . .
->Wait, a fairy or any other curious could steal it.

>Land down and have a familiar eat the grass to make a message to Kaze
->Write 'Returning fan tomorrow  Moth'

>Float with the fan back up to the others.
->Have our familiar eat the cocoon.

>You (or your familiar, not much different) carves a message into the grass. When or if Kaze starts looking for her fan, she should see it.

>After grabbing the Cocoon and having the familiar eat through it, you see Kaze's Fan.
>It's decently ornate, looks similar to the fans you see the bird Tengu hold, but made of some sort of pliable metal.
>"So, this is what Kaze used to create that windstorm. I dunno if we can use it, but it's good to hold on to."
>Acquired: Kaze's Fan
>>The Fan used by Kaze of the Weasel Trio. You aren't sure if you can create wind using this. But you will return this to Kaze.
>_?
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: Philosopher on December 02, 2021, 03:23:50 AM
>"I'd feel bad if someone took it."

>Return back to the group
Title: Re: Minor Existence Quest
Post by: WitheringFlowerCrown on December 03, 2021, 01:07:54 PM
>"I'd feel bad if someone took it."

>Return back to the group

>"Good point, Moth-Lady. If I were a regular fairy I would pick it up out of pure curiosity."
>"What makes us different from a 'regular fairy'?"
>"How many fairies do you know can instantly grow trees and distort energy?"
>"...That's just our special abilities, plenty fairies have- you know what? I'm not bothering." Worm sounds exasperated.

>You make it back to the Human Village, remembering to put your hat back on along the way.
>It's the middle of the afternoon, The Sun shines brightly upon a busy road of merchants. Some selling fruits and vegetables, various trinkets, to your slight surprise you even see some Youkai merchants selling Mochi, and a heavily cloaked individual selling what seems to be medicine. All while a crowd browses all the wares.

>Hanako suddenly realises something. "Oh, I have really busy day scheduled so I'll make this quick!"
>"Your job is complete. I've collected a bunch of Mushrooms and Herbs. I even managed to make it to the Kirisame Magic Shop and got this Mixture. So I'll be out of your hair for now. But I swear if you need anything from us, we will help in any way we can."
>"Yeah, thanks for protecting my Mother. I still wonder how she explores that death trap of a forest without getting eaten by plants or pranked by fairies. The old ha-" Ame's foot gets stomped.
>"I-I mean the young woman must be lucky!"
>_?