~Beyond the Border~ > The Shrinemaiden Café
Introductions thread
<< < (2/32) > >>
Naudiz:
Oh, uh, this is a thing, I suppose.

* I go by Naz. I exist somewhere and spend too much of my time toying around with Danmakufu. I'm the representative of the group giving TCL the BoSM treatment. I should remake the topic about that, actually.
I study game programming and have previously received education in teaching English as well as graphic design.
* My Touhou origin story is one about Bad Apple!! and Ronald McDonald. Nothing too usual.
* I don't really play the official games as much as I should, but I do have Normal 1ccs under my belt for every main series game barring PoFV, I think.
As for fangames, I have Hard 1ccs for RSS and HSoB, and probably some other game I can't remember right now.
* I draw animal people sometimes, and will draw your very own animal person as well if you pay me. Also, linguistics is fun. Talk to me about it.
HTFCirno2000:
Hello, I am HTFCirno2000!
I have been a Touhou fan since October of 2010 and had joined MoTK v2 sometime in December of that same year.
Besides that, I haven't actually been active on MoTK, but I've definitely been active in other parts of the fandom.

My Touhou origin story happened after I left a Lucky Star Forum back in 2010, essentially left me forum hopping from place to place like SMW Central and AnimeSuki forums. For whatever reason I just kept seeing the word Touhou pop up every now and then, and I was left wondering "Why do I keep seeing this Touhou thing everywhere??" One thing led to another, I went back to the old Lucky Star forum, found an actual Touhou subforum, discovered Walfas and the games and I just fell in love with the series!

Formerly known for Walfas stuff, now known for Fumo posting and technology hacks with Touhou. It's been a wild ride, seen many parts of this fandom for many, many years and still try to involve myself with them!

By trade, I am a computer systems expert and IT professional.
By hobbies I like electronics, science, 3D art, programming etc.

I hope to stick around here!
SilSinn9801:
Copying this from yeashie’s Discord server because I am quite lazy:

Name: I will remain silent on that question.
Nicknames: Silent Sinner in Scarlet; SilSinn
Pronouns: I will remain silent on that question.
Languages: English, Spanish, some German, Google Translate Japanese, PMD98 MML, HP49G RPN, Perl, some Python, just started Lua.
Country where I live: one of the five colonies of the United States of America.
Hobbies: chiptune music (preferably PC-9801), some pixel art (mostly recolors and GIF animations, but not from-scratch pixel art), some 3DS gaming, some Switch gaming, some Touhou Wiki editing (I wrote the articles on music circle Keine Ahnung and its albums).
Likes: ZUN’s music (preferably the PC-9801 classics), pre-Switch Pokémon, Mega Man X, VOCALOID.
Dislikes: Switch-era Pokémon, fakebit music that fails to disclose its reliance on soundfonts.
Favorite Music Genres: chiptune music (preferably PMD98), eurobeat, some J-pop.
Favorite Games: pre-Switch Pokémon, Bravely Default, Ever Oasis, Mega Man X Legacy Collection, Legend of Zelda, Cave Story.
Favorite YouTubers: most other chiptune musicians.
Favorite Colors: Scarlet Red (in Gensokyo), Navy Blue (in Pokémon).

If either my username or my artistic name (or both) sounds familiar to you, it’s most likely because you played at least one of my legit PMD98 demakes of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil’s soundtrack on YouTube, or my PMD98 demake of Seraphic Chicken. I am open for PC-9801-type music commissions (either originals or covers/arranges of pretty much anything you might think up, just don’t commission me for Touhou covers since ZUN’s basslines & zunpets are very hard to transcribe and because some old MotK v2 thread still discourages doing Touhou music covers by commission).

I spent a cumulative total of two years within the Maidens of the Kaleidoscope community (all of them during its second incarnation): the first year was slightly more than ten years ago under an old username I no longer use (and wish to remain silent on), while the second year was just last year. Hereby I enter my third year in the community under this new third incarnation of the forum.
kurzov:
Literally all of the things.
(Yes. I really do like the moving text.)

Ahem. Well hello. I'm James (but not the other James) - call me Kurzov if you'd like. I discovered Touhou and all the things that go with it early on in 2017, and I have fumbled around between different communities, servers, and chat rooms ever since. As such I'm generally not one to stay in one place, but because I work as a site editor for a shall not be named Touhou site I've been forced to do that exact thing. Bah.

Anyway, I hope to make more of a lasting impact than I did on MoTK v2.0. Thanks for having me aboard.
DX7.EP:
G'day to you all once more! \o/

Name: I am not giving this out. :P
Nicknames: Some call me DX, others call me EP, and I'm fine with either.
Pronouns: Neutral here.

As for my story in retrospect.. I took interest in Touhou around early uni (thanks MADs), and found the last iteration of Shrinemaiden back in spring 2011 whilst looking for GTA:SA mods. Somehow that led to partaking more actively in Touhou stuff for a while, before gradually favouring community things such as conventions, the IRC side of things, and TF2/Minecraft game servers. These days I don't do too much with Touhou, other than picking up the occasional print work and hanging out with old convention friends, but it's still nice to check back every once in a while.

I'll have to keep checking back here, yeah? :D
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version