~Beyond the Border~ > The Shrinemaiden Café
Favorite Video Game OSTs
(1/2) > >>
moons1de_:
There are a lot more OSTs from video games other than Touhou, so I'm interested to see if anyone else has any specific favorites or just ones that they've enjoyed. I know some people don't really listen to video game soundtracks often, but if you've had a positive experience with one, please share it!

For me, I would say most Super Nintendo games have really enjoyable soundtracks that I often listen to, but i'll make a list of some of my all-time favorites here:

* Earthbound - I really enjoy the funkiness to it and it has some tracks i'll listen to regularly.
* Chrono Trigger - It's such a mystical sounding soundtrack, I really recommend.
* Sonic 1, 2, & 3 - The Genesis instrumentation really helps them, but most of them are really catchy.
* Mother 1 - I wouldn't put this over Earthbound since so many of the tracks are identical, but the songs that are different are really nice.
* Melty Blood - It has a weirdly great selection of tracks, not for everyone but it's pretty good.
* Legend of Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask - A lot of it has a lot of good melodies and I enjoy the somber tones of Majora's Mask.
* Megaman X 1, 2, & 3 - 1 & 3 are the best in terms of enjoyment for me, but I love 2's complexity.
* Any Kirby Game - I like the original gameboy tunes a lot but most of Kirby's OSTs are awesome.
nav:
I'll just list the first two Fallout games. This music is amazing and more people should know about it.
degradingwindow:

--- Quote from: moons1de_ on November 14, 2023, 04:52:33 PM ---There are a lot more OSTs from video games other than Touhou, so I'm interested to see if anyone else has any specific favorites or just ones that they've enjoyed. I know some people don't really listen to video game soundtracks often, but if you've had a positive experience with one, please share it!

For me, I would say most Super Nintendo games have really enjoyable soundtracks that I often listen to, but i'll make a list of some of my all-time favorites here:

* Earthbound - I really enjoy the funkiness to it and it has some tracks i'll listen to regularly.
* Chrono Trigger - It's such a mystical sounding soundtrack, I really recommend.
* Sonic 1, 2, & 3 - The Genesis instrumentation really helps them, but most of them are really catchy.
* Mother 1 - I wouldn't put this over Earthbound since so many of the tracks are identical, but the songs that are different are really nice.
* Melty Blood - It has a weirdly great selection of tracks, not for everyone but it's pretty good.
* Legend of Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask - A lot of it has a lot of good melodies and I enjoy the somber tones of Majora's Mask.
* Megaman X 1, 2, & 3 - 1 & 3 are the best in terms of enjoyment for me, but I love 2's complexity.
* Any Kirby Game - I like the original gameboy tunes a lot but most of Kirby's OSTs are awesome.
--- End quote ---
You put Earthbound and Mother 1 but don't put Mother 3.
I can't choose between Earthbound or Mother 3 at gun point, both OSTs are masterpieces.
(Nintendo, please localize Mother 3)

--- Quote from: nav on November 14, 2023, 05:15:02 PM ---I'll just list the first two Fallout games. This music is amazing and more people should know about it.

--- End quote ---

I love Fallout OST, especially 4's, so much in fact that I'm unironically getting into 40-50's music because of it.

Some OSTs that I think should be mentioned:
•Guilty Gear Strive: Every song is peak, the zenith of vocal video game OSTs.
•Octopath Traveler: Great orchestral music, makes me want to become an opera singer.
•Persona: Especially 4's, followed up by 5's then 3's
•The World Ends With You: Not as good as the others but it has some great gems of music.
Honourable Mentions: Terraria, Minecraft, Halo 3 ODST, Cuphead and Omori
nav:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on November 14, 2023, 06:15:23 PM ---I love Fallout OST, especially 4's, so much in fact that I'm unironically getting into 40-50's music because of it.

--- End quote ---
Like this piece here?
CyberAngel:
Lately I've been listening to Gunvein OST. Not a shmup I play (too much bombspamming for my taste) but the tracks are quite memorable. Speaking of games I don't play but like music of, XCOM 2: Tactical Legacy Pack OST is an awesome mix of old-game-style themes and modern arranging.

Also, classic Doom WAD soundtracks are pretty much their own genre.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version