~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
Touhou 19.5 Theorisation
<< < (2/2)
HartWurst:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on February 11, 2024, 04:53:02 AM ---- Something Wild: ZUN proved with SFW that he is willing to publish something that is just a complete 180 degree (or should I say... 90 degree) turn. He might just replace Tasofro with a whole other team and make a Touhou first-person shooter or even a Touhou visual novel. But I don't think ZUN would throw Tasofro under the bus at a moment's notice considering he's been working with them for 21 years at this point.

--- End quote ---

I don't think ZUN would be willing to throw Tasofro under the bus, but I'm unsure of Tasofro would be willing to work on another Touhou subgame so soon after the trouble they had with Gouyoku Ibun
degradingwindow:
I'd rather want Tasofto to make Super Marisa Land 3 than to work on 19.5, that series needs a revival.
Goomba98:

--- Quote from: WitheringFlowerCrown on February 11, 2024, 12:10:08 PM ---This is all assuming that we get a 19.5 game spin-off in the first place. They could skip it and this becomes the "Touhou 20.5 Theorisation" Thread.
--- End quote ---
Or they could end up releasing 19.5 after 20. I mean, that's happened three times before - IaMP, AoCF, and SFW were all released after IN, HSiFS, and UM respectively!

I'm up for the possibility that the next spinoff might be something like Great Fairy Wars, where it introduces a new mechanic to the standard danmaku gameplay and happens to be related to one of the print works. Of course, the only reason I'm saying this is because that game came out all the way back in 2010 and we haven't had anything comparable since, but that's still a valid reason to make another game along these lines!
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version