~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
Rate the Shot Types Thread II
<< < (2/2)
Miminena:
I completely forgot I was doing this (^^;

I'll move on to UM for now, but WBaWC votes will still be accepted.

Reimu: 8/10
In a game with a lot of scattered low health enemies, a homing shot ends up doing pretty well. Her damage is also very solid, both focused and unfocused. This is one of the best homing shots in the whole series imo.

Marisa: 5/10
She isn't a bad shot per se, but she gets way overshadowed by the other three. As usual she has very little spread, which can get very annoying in a game like UM. Her bomb doesn't cover the whole screen, only auto-collects at the beginning of the bomb, and, as always, slows down your movement speed way too much. She doesn't even have the highest power and her lasers don't pierce.

Sakuya: 10/10
By far the best shot. She can act like a wide shot, which is good for the same reason as Reimu's homing, and as a forward focused shot, which is very good against bosses, especially in survival runs. Being able to aim the knives is also really good, especially when there are 2 high health enemies on opposite sides of the screen, which UM like doing a lot for some reason. Her bomb also encompasses the whole screen, and is the best scoring bomb in the game.

Sanae: 7/10
Her homing is stronger than Reimu's, but it doesn't hit enemies below it so it ends up evening out. Her bomb is the best for survival, since it does high damage to all enemies on the screen. Her wide + splash shot is really useful, since it covers the whole screen, but it's a bit too sparse.

Should I do the phantasmagorias after this or rerun past votes from EoSD?
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version