~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games

An Out of Context Incident

<< < (50/51) > >>

OkuuFallout:
>"Well, I still feel uneasy, but I will leave this to her for now."

>Chuckle a little. "You want to know what the future's like, do you now? Well, we seem to have time to spare, so ask away."

Philosopher:
>"Do humans no longer age?  How did you survive in the outside world for so long? Do they actually have radio towers as tall as mountains?"
->Marisa taps her chin, "Humans still don't believe in youkai, right?"

OkuuFallout:
>Do humans no longer age in our time?
->She has a point. How did we survive for ~200 years after the Great Revival?

>"I'd have to think about that first question, but I can answer the others."
->"I also don't quite remember how I survived for around 200 years, I'll explain something after I answer the next questions.

>"Yes, probably even at this time, there are radio towers that are as tall as at least small mountains, but in my time they are quite tall."
->"Almost every human in my time doesn't believe in anything involving magic or anything supernatural. They only believe in their own technology. As a result, they have almost certainly stopped believing in youkai for many, many years.

>"Now, I need to provide some backstory. I have died before. I once was a fae serving a fae noble as a maid, hence my familiarity with the Scarlet Devil Mansion fairy operations. Before I tell you how I died, I need to let you know that the metal known as iron is very toxic to me. If I even touch it, I will lose my magic temporarily. With longer exposure, it could even kill me.
->"I was killed in 1603 A.D. when a human stabbed me with an iron sword. I never found out why he killed me. But, after I had died, I was suddenly alive again."

>"In about 40-50 years from now, an event called the Great Revival will happen. This event revived countless lives, named and unnamed. I have no idea what caused it, all I knew was that I was alive again."

>"Are you with me so far?"

Philosopher:
>The humans you've interacted with have said they don't age and they didn't seem to age in the decades you knew them and their descendants.
->Mostly you took human supplies when it suited you, traded with humans and youkai after you got interested in technology, and generally avoided dangerous youkai.

Marisa nods, "I'll hit up Komachi later."
->"Right, you wouldn't know her.  She's a lazy shinigami."

OkuuFallout:
>Wait, so there's youkai in Europe?

>"Ah, I remember now. Yes, as far as I could tell, humans don't seem to age in the future. That doesn't mean they're immortal though, it just means they don't die from natural causes."

>"I pretty much survived by interacting with humans and youkai only when I needed to or felt like it, and I avoided the more dangerous youkai."
->"Actually, now that I think about it, if it wasn't for the mirror, I would've been killed again. I'd have to thank Kagerou for that, at least."

>"Wait, when you say 'a shinigami', do you mean that she's like the Grim Reaper, and that there's more than one of them? And does she wield a scythe?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version