~Hakurei Shrine~ > High Score Entry
TAS discussion
<< < (3/3)
KirbyComment:
UM Lunatic Sakuya 9,999,999,990 by kopiapoa (testrun)
(Rerecord count: 4,154 - Replay)

Noone would be surprised about this score. However this TAS brings up an interesting question about how score is actually tracked in this game. For seemingly no reason, the TAS replay actually displays the true score in replay menu. This score is 18,014,175,680. However, when you take any other replay done by a human that reaches over 9.99b, the replay file simply shows 9.99b, as far as I know. This even holds true when the run counterstops in Stage 5. That is at least what this tweet seems to suggest. Now when you view the TAS replay in-game, the score counterstops when it reaches 9.99b, however when the Clear Bonus for Stage 5 shows up, it actually starts scrolling up the score partly to 10,995,725,190 (the real Stage 5 score is 12,445,792,950) but then switches back to 9,999,999,990. This score remains as such even after the Stage 6 boss. When you load up this replay to start at Stage 6, it does actually show the true score of 12.4b, but then one second later just switches back to bait you. When you take collett's replay as the humanplay example, the score never changes beyond the counterstop (reached in Stage 6). I'm not sure if this inconsistency is because kopiapoa used hacks to display the true score mid-gameplay. Someone can confirm that if anyone knows.
Karisa:
This sounds like what'd happen if the replay was created with a counterstop removal. The game tracks the score at the end of each stage, and corrects any desyncs between stages (assuming the stage still properly finishes)... having a patch on during the replay would cause such a "desync".

The same happens with the EoSD 1.3b TAS from years ago, though I think loading that replay from stage 6 freezes the score at the end-of-stage-5 value, rather than reverting to 999,999,999.
Citizen564374:
Hi, just posted something recently on TAS videos what I consider a novelty. After some reconsideration I thought it's some idea to also post on TH oriented site where more people could be interested or know what to do with it.

PoFV NoMiss/NoHit playthrough with Marisa on Normal, 78:01 in game time with score 1,169,883,280. This is a link to topic on TASvids and last post has a temporary (30 day) link to replay file:
http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22662

Sadly I'm a bit limited to record an actual video of it myself and decided to just share it like this for the time beeing.

One more remark is that apparently the replay can desync on JP version, it doesn't on the last EN patch from gensokyo. And would I just notice after a year, could swear it works either way but there you go. It would be even more important to know for anyone stumbling upon this on TAS forum, more fuss with sharing this than I'd imagine...
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version