~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

GMTE: GameMaker Touhou Engine

<< < (3/5) > >>

deice:
bumping for good and bad news regarding replays

good news is that after a lot of tinkering i figured out the exact issue as to why the replay seems to desync most of the time, it being that during random small intervals, the replay will be exactly one frame ahead of the actual play session, causing the amount of random calls to desync, making any bullet patterns with random values in them at all completely different.

bad news is that this seems to be an underlying problem stemming from the way GM runs games created in it (possibly related to it not having frameskip, not 100% sure), meaning i'll likely have to overhaul the entire replay system if i want to get it working, dashing all hopes of a quick update. apologies

WishMakers:

--- Quote ---the replay will be exactly one frame ahead of the actual play session, causing the amount of random calls to desync, making any bullet patterns with random values in them at all completely different.
--- End quote ---

wait wait wait.
ok so I also had this issue when i was making my replay system before, and I thought I had just made a logic error there, changed the starting value to be -1 instead of 0, and things worked fine.
i'm just surprised the same thing happened to someone *else* using GameMaker haha

now if at the end of the day there are some shenanigans going on under the hood, you could always do what i did and essentially never rely on gamemaker default *anything* if i don't have to.

deice:
more good news fellows. since alpha pre-2.0 i made a schedule where whenever i would work on GMTE i'd spend an hour trying to fix replays and then just do other stuff to prevent progress from completely halting.

so here we are with all of the planned features for the next version complete, with replays still broken. the solution proposed by wishmakers sadly proved ineffective since the 1-frame desync isn't constant so just delaying playback doesn't really affect anything.

i'll try my best to juggle this, another project of mine and school so hopefully 2.0 proper can come out soon.
the main features to be excited about are:

-support for multiple bosses simultaneously
-stationary/anchored lasers (if i'm not using the proper term, think rumia's moonlight ray)
-the ability to let the player make choices during dialogue

thank you for your patience.
also this is the second most viewed topic on new RaNGE what

deice:
just posting to say that the project isn't dead, expect an update in the coming week or the week after, thanks for sticking around

deice:
2.0 is out

https://deice.neocities.org/content/blog/2020/december_15_1.html
https://deice.neocities.org/content/gmte/change.html

sadly replays were a bit more of a monster than i had initially thought, read post above for more detail
main new features don't differ from what i listed a few posts ago, thank you for your time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version