Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1057416 times)

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #2070 on: March 16, 2020, 10:30:47 AM »
Vote Count 3.5

ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (3): sb, Serela, NekoNekoRex
O4rfish (Rumia) (2): Dormio Ergo Sum, Raikaria, Nuxl
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (2): Raikaria, Disquieted, O4rfish
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (2): ActionDan, Niektory
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (2): Raikaria, Duskfall98, zwerdjib, Raikaria
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): Disquieted
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0):
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0):
Disquieted (Reimu Hakurei) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0):
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0):
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (2): Conqueror, zwerdjib

with 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have 13 hours remaining.

NekoNekoRex has been prodded for inactivity.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2071 on: March 16, 2020, 10:32:25 AM »
Like Conq you responded to me by saying that oarfish can be aggressive like this. But from my hazy skim he's not actually posting anything really powerful that you probably couldn't dispel very easily - X being towny scum is one of the most tilting arguments you can get on a person, and you're just like, whatever about it. I'm probably highly misinterpreting this but I'm really tired so this is what you get.

What I don't get is how you seem to like, not give an alignment on him either. You've specifically phrased your read in such a way that you avoid giving a read to Oarfish which is like super fire trucking weird. Like. I don't know how to explain it. Nuxl, you're smart, can you like, go through why this is so bizarre? I don't have the words for it, not enough energy.

Either way you've completely ignored that Oarfish may be usually aggressive but this is the first time he's shown actual pushy aggression all game. Let's drag Rai's little case in here - Rai's read more of the game in-depth and he's come to the conclusion you've not actually pushed anywhere. So you didn't like, think about this at all when Oarfish is acting out of sync to his town game? Like even if you don't know his scumgame that's probably cause for concern and you've just left. the post there.

Conq I don't know whether I've missed it but here's the flat deal; you, sb, and Oarfish have avoided giving a strong read to anyone for the entire game and it's making people like raikaria ignore you. And the first time Oarfish gives a strong read, the interaction is just something I'm blowing ??? over.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2072 on: March 16, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »
I'll be around to change vote to Oarfish later. There's an implied jinxed conclusion here that I'm coming to if you can read between the lines.

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #2073 on: March 16, 2020, 10:41:20 AM »
I'll be around to change vote to Oarfish later. There's an implied jinxed conclusion here that I'm coming to if you can read between the lines.

is it not the obvious implication or am i just dumb

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #2074 on: March 16, 2020, 10:42:42 AM »
is it not the obvious implication or am i just dumb

Don't have to say it, just yes or no

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2075 on: March 16, 2020, 10:43:45 AM »
I think Oarfish misread the room and thought it would be a slam dunk Conqueror lynch and he might be bussing, yes.

Cursed interpretation and I should probably evaluate Oarfish in a vacuum, hah.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2076 on: March 16, 2020, 10:45:39 AM »
These sorts of reads never end up going well. Especially since if Oarfish is town he's definitely going hard and in and I don't like it cause I'm stupid.. But the interaction from both sides is iffy. It might not be iffy if I had the energy to read back. Fun times. Mafia sux.

Zzzzzz.

« Reply #2077 on: March 16, 2020, 11:05:30 AM »
What is the vc

« Reply #2078 on: March 16, 2020, 11:14:53 AM »
oh its on this page nvm

« Reply #2079 on: March 16, 2020, 11:58:38 AM »
This is kinda long, actually.

alright, hammering out a few quick responses before bed
i'm going to assume the third link is to my duskfall vote. i feel like i've already gone through all these already. vote on niek was to start a wagon for consolidation since i didn't townread him. then i switched back to shadoweh once everyone moved there. I didn't comment on the new niek post because my impression of it was "sure whatever" and i was moving off him anyway. like, what more would i say about it? i guess i could have said something like "oh niek is looking better now" but iirc my impression at the time was something "okay this is adequate enough i guess, and it's unlikely this will happen over shadoweh now so we'll have future days to look at it." would have been a lot of words to say nothing so i just didn't. if i didnt care where my vote was i would have stayed on shadoweh lol. i moved to duskfall because i like playing with shadoweh and i wanted to see where that would go (and it's not like i had a townread on duskfall!), with the added bonus of trying and getting shadoweh back into the game instead of being defeatist if she was town (which ended up being the case).

Yes, third should be the Duskfall vote. I did not expect a big revelation from Niek from that post, but I expected at least like... passing acknowledgement, which you didn't give until I asked them about it later. So your Duskfall vote was just like, a gamble on if Shadoweh was town or not? This is kinda ick and kinda makes sense. Hm.

i have no idea what you're talking about here. i haven't really reached thunderdome level with anyone in this game (duskfall is the closest i guess but in TPP I pulled out all the stops to case refa because i was so mad). you're right that vibe isnt here though because when i joined TPP i was playing my first mafia game in something like 4 years and wanted to scratch the mafia itch. this game is more like a swan song. what were you expecting, exactly? what are you confused about?

It isn't the same, but I thought it was weird that you got that aggressive with Rai when you were less so with Shadoweh. It could be the rate of posting being different? But idk, I don't expect to see you throw a man into a thunderdome every game now but I was trying to work out if that meant anything alignmentwise. Maybe not, considering the circumstances are different? Hm.

it was a spur of the moment thing and it didn't cross my mind to say something different at the time. Like, in retrospect i could have done better but this is the first time I've done it. So.

Sure. Okay.

okay, no. i can understand why people would like smartbomb's case in a vacuum but a lot of the things he points out as things that don't make sense for town!me to do are things i squarely do as town. can you point out which parts of his case were compelling to you?

I agree that the progression from Shadoweh onto Duskfall is weird, basically. You were there almost all day (aside from a few hours on Niek), and then you're willing to let go of it just like that? I didn't feel like you had a super compelling reason to vote for Duskfall and I wasn't sure if your read on Shadoweh had actually improved that much? It felt like it was slightly better, but not that much, which I guess is the explanation you gave here but

i think i favor a dan lynch over duskfall myself but what exactly is more revealing about a dan lynch? duskfall lynch at least resolves the mystery of how we look at d2 if he flips scum (although not so much if he flips town)

Dan is low content in terms of both what he posts and what people post about him. Pushing him into the spotlight rn forces people who haven't cared about him to care, and I think with lurkers its easy to justify a stance on them either way as scum ("this is scummy" or "not enough content") so the associations based off of his flip are still fine as town and golden as scum. Town!DUskfall flip feels like we gain almost nothing if he's town apart from a feeling that we all suck at this game.

« Reply #2080 on: March 16, 2020, 12:01:14 PM »
sb has dropped his ActionDan vote and then like... I don't know what's going on after that. The ActionDan vote was a feeler I think and he's posted a bunch of words that sound nice but if he's going to like just assess wagons every day he's really playing like a passenger and keeping his head above water. That's not OK.

I'm not even gonna deny this because phase started on a day I was at work, then I was out with friends for 12 hours and came home drunk, then had work again the next morning (fire truck retail rn btw lol) and then came home and slept most of the afternoon and was still tired in the evening and didn't want to sit down and post really at any point. So like you're right, but it has nothing to do with the game lol.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2081 on: March 16, 2020, 12:09:51 PM »
Dan is low content in terms of both what he posts and what people post about him. Pushing him into the spotlight rn forces people who haven't cared about him to care, and I think with lurkers its easy to justify a stance on them either way as scum ("this is scummy" or "not enough content") so the associations based off of his flip are still fine as town and golden as scum. Town!DUskfall flip feels like we gain almost nothing if he's town apart from a feeling that we all suck at this game.

So like none of this sounds like a scumread. I've missed about 24 hours of this day, but you started with a "hey dan wasn't very towny at end of day 2, what's up" and you've ended with "well Dan's associations are good for a lynch anyways". Like you've had 48 hours to push him in the spotlight, are you planning to put his dead body in the spotlight and his townflip is suddenly going to give you more answers than the counterwagon at end of Day?

Like am I missing something in between here? Cause where you want to lynch is like, full of air and that's really bad considering you've made these huge posts and apparently your conclusion is trash, not gonna mince words.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2082 on: March 16, 2020, 12:14:05 PM »
Like sb.

I can feel the fatigue and stuff dripping off from Nuxl and zwerdjib.

I'm not feeling any of that from you. I get that you had a bender last... night, or however time works. But you're stuck back here on ActionDan, you said you wanted to see Duskfall's reaction to his own EOD wagon today and you've gone nowhere with it and you're seemingly stuck on ActionDan, a push that from my perspective looks like a feelpush and not actually someone you're trying to hard case especially again when Niektory is more dangerous here. But apparently you're sticking with it right now.

Your words feel disingenuous and I don't know what sort of progression you're putting here, and at some point I'm considering whether it's just trying to be needlessly performative for the sake of getting sick town tone and content reads.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #2083 on: March 16, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »
Anyways. Out and I don't really want to be in control of a wagon. If Dormio wants Oarfish I don't really have a problem with it even though I kinda feel like I should. I'm in that weird place in mafia where I have no interest in taking responsibility to get people to vote someone and I don't really want to do that sort of thing, mafia's better when I don't have to get into protracted arguments and pushes like this. This is probably why I'm still ignoring Conq's response and just justifying it with a "whatever, sure, I'm not really interested in lynching you if nobody else is, I'm taking a dirt nap."

Said what I wanted to say. Even if y'all lynch Serela I don't even think I'd care that much, just incredibly shruggy about it. Mafia sux.

« Reply #2084 on: March 16, 2020, 12:43:02 PM »
So like none of this sounds like a scumread. I've missed about 24 hours of this day, but you started with a "hey dan wasn't very towny at end of day 2, what's up" and you've ended with "well Dan's associations are good for a lynch anyways". Like you've had 48 hours to push him in the spotlight, are you planning to put his dead body in the spotlight and his townflip is suddenly going to give you more answers than the counterwagon at end of Day?

Like am I missing something in between here? Cause where you want to lynch is like, full of air and that's really bad considering you've made these huge posts and apparently your conclusion is trash, not gonna mince words.

That's because it isn't a scumread? It's an added benefit that I only expanded on in response to Conq. My real problem with Dan is that when he vanishes for several days at a time he somehow arrives at phase end with totally different vote (all day on Shadoweh, then voting Duskfall with Shadoweh), and that he only appears when pressured so like... taking the pressure off of him means he just gets to fade off into the background again. The only explanation he gave later for Duskfall over Shadoweh was that he just started to townread Shadoweh more later but he couldn't explain why, which is the safest explanation you could possibly give? I also read his posts and don't really know what he wants to do today beyond the Duskfall vote, honestly, which isn't a good luck considering how his reads have flipped already once.

Niek also hasn't posted very much without being pressured, but the main thing that bothers me more is how the game seems to warp even further around them? Like people are just willing to look and see that they posted without reading them and then act like they don't exist, but that's a gamestate problem moreso than a Niek problem. Actually having people care about Niek probably solves the problem because it encourages them to post more and we can see if they feel more like a confused newbie than frozen scum, but Dan's progression not making sense isn't really something I can dispute.

Like sb.

I can feel the fatigue and stuff dripping off from Nuxl and zwerdjib.

I'm not feeling any of that from you. I get that you had a bender last... night, or however time works. But you're stuck back here on ActionDan, you said you wanted to see Duskfall's reaction to his own EOD wagon today and you've gone nowhere with it and you're seemingly stuck on ActionDan, a push that from my perspective looks like a feelpush and not actually someone you're trying to hard case especially again when Niektory is more dangerous here. But apparently you're sticking with it right now.

Your words feel disingenuous and I don't know what sort of progression you're putting here, and at some point I'm considering whether it's just trying to be needlessly performative for the sake of getting sick town tone and content reads.

I'm a slow poster though in NOC. I take time to format my strawberries, so if something looks ugly I'm generally going to change it before hitting post so uh, yeah I don't think you'd get the same tone from me as them regardless.

I don't think my progression on Dan has been bad, honestly. How would you have expected me to have gone further with it based on what he's posted? I've talked about his vote timing being weird and tried to ask him stuff about Duskfall to get a better grasp on him but he hasn't bitten. I also said that I think his defence is very null because self-meta stinks, you're always going to be hyperconscious of your own meta and so it's easy to manipulate/phrase things in a way that suits the situation best. I don't have a reason to feel any better about him and only have more questions.

Wrt Duskfall: this is fair enough because I have been out of things and haven't really done a good job of that.  I don't agree that Niek is more dangerous than Dan here (I'm interested in why you think this?) outside of gamestate related reasons, but I don't feel that confident making moves based on the gamestate when we're 0-2 for lynches and a lot of people are lowposting. Shrug.

« Reply #2085 on: March 16, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »
Since this got lost before, @Duskfall who are your least confident townreads right now? Why are you less sure of them than the others?

« Reply #2086 on: March 16, 2020, 01:07:39 PM »
Since this got lost before, @Duskfall who are your least confident townreads right now? Why are you less sure of them than the others?

Oarfish cause I can't remember the posts i was townreading him off, only that they were really towny at the time

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2087 on: March 16, 2020, 02:54:44 PM »
aww crud this is how it gonna be ain't it

ugh i legit don't know what to do

ok reminder about the nightkills:

WE HAVE TWO CLAIMED MASONS. NEITHER DIED. BOTH HARD SUSPECTED O4RFISH WITH LITTLE TO NOTHING IN THE WAY OF OTHER SUSPICION. THE MAFIA SHOT SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T SUSPECT O4RFISH INSTEAD.

Even if your take from this is somehow 'hey guys are the masons scum' that STILL means o4rfish is probably town.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2088 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:52 PM »
Also I think it's quite important to note that in this townread spiel from Serela; he doesn't mention Zwerdjib; O4rfish or Duskfall [Who is; you know, a pretty major wagon right now and can in no way be called a lurker]

So does Serela not Townread them? Does Serela 'townread' them but not feel able to explain why like everyone else? Does Serela scumread them but can't be asked to case them over just going for lurkers?
FTR duskfall is LITERALLY the first person I talk about there. Also o4rfish is town and everyone needs to stop voting him please. Zwerdjib... wait strawberries I was supposed to reread my own posts to remember why I even thought he was town before because I don't remember ;_;

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #2089 on: March 16, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »
do you guys really want to wonder if the guy who may as well have not been in the game until halfway through d3 is scum, when town is potentially in LYLO later

at least other people do things you can try to judge

lurker lynches save, uh... wait i don't think this saying flows

« Reply #2090 on: March 16, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »
aww crud this is how it gonna be ain't it

ugh i legit don't know what to do

ok reminder about the nightkills:

WE HAVE TWO CLAIMED MASONS. NEITHER DIED. BOTH HARD SUSPECTED O4RFISH WITH LITTLE TO NOTHING IN THE WAY OF OTHER SUSPICION. THE MAFIA SHOT SOMEONE WHO DIDN'T SUSPECT O4RFISH INSTEAD.

Even if your take from this is somehow 'hey guys are the masons scum' that STILL means o4rfish is probably town.

He has a point

« Reply #2091 on: March 16, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »
##unvote
##vote: ActionDan

« Reply #2092 on: March 16, 2020, 03:09:46 PM »
Yeah kinda just working of poe I am gonna stick by my townreads because tbh I can't remember half of what people have done anymore and don't care enough to re-evaluate rn. A lot of people done towny stuff and I am mostly voting dan as inactive because I don't want to just lose to lurkers and it kinda fits my poe still if I stick by it. Town has clearly been tearing itself apart since the lead wagons have all been town, maybe it is best to look at who hasn't been involved in the game.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #2093 on: March 16, 2020, 03:25:30 PM »
@Conq do you have a read on smartbomb/refa slot given their case?
not really, no. was hoping to see their response so i could evaluate them. i usually have to resist the urge to auto-townread anyone who makes a decent case on me because im not an "easy lynch" but if smartbomb really did come up with this read while speccing then ofc it wouldn't mean anything. so his response to my response would help me see depending on how much he stuck with it.

I guess this suggests scum should be townreading players in question and then nightkilling them? So in this instance, I don't really know why scum!smartbomb goes and makes a case on Conq since it seems absolutely impossible for it to flip where there are easier routes available. I don't really know why o4rfish goes and sheeps the vote on Conq. It's so weird. Maybe the number is too high for it to succeed? I don't know why Niek voted Duskfall of all people, and Dan's vote isn't really doing anything given deadline is soon.
i mean, you say it's impossible but enough people have shown interest that a deadline panic lynch is possible. there's pretty much no reason not to make the case if smartbomb is scum and had it ready. wdym by the "number is too high", what number?

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #2094 on: March 16, 2020, 03:40:18 PM »
Vote Count 3.6

ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (4): sb, Serela, NekoNekoRex, Duskfall98
O4rfish (Rumia) (2): Dormio Ergo Sum, Raikaria, Nuxl
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (2): Raikaria, Disquieted, O4rfish
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (2): ActionDan, Niektory
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (1): Raikaria, Duskfall98, zwerdjib, Raikaria
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): Disquieted
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0):
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0):
Disquieted (Reimu Hakurei) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0):
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0):
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (2): Conqueror, zwerdjib

with 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. You have a little under 8 hours remaining.

NekoNekoRex has been prodded for inactivity.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Conqueror

« Reply #2095 on: March 16, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »
Like Conqueror gets a pass cause he definitely has been pushing but his focus has been super super narrow, and he's not currently voting, which probably speaks to itself.
im not voting yeah but i don't always vote when im not confident, esp as the game goes on. i've already stated my support for a dan lynch not because i scumread him especially but because he's a decent enough option and whenever i think about pushing somewhere else i get doubts from something or other i've seen.

Like Conq you responded to me by saying that oarfish can be aggressive like this. But from my hazy skim he's not actually posting anything really powerful that you probably couldn't dispel very easily - X being towny scum is one of the most tilting arguments you can get on a person, and you're just like, whatever about it. I'm probably highly misinterpreting this but I'm really tired so this is what you get.
The aggressiveness is about his attitude, not about whether he posts content that is actually strong. It's null is what I mean.
It's highly tilting but given my response isn't the obvious answer that I'm pretty used to it by now? This happens in every game where I survive past the first few nights, people start getting nightkill paranoia "oh hmm why is conq still alive" and I'm town or at least not mafia in a good portion of those games. Like, what do I even say about it? I already pointed out to him that I don't play mafia or town like that anymore. What exactly are you expecting?

What I don't get is how you seem to like, not give an alignment on him either. You've specifically phrased your read in such a way that you avoid giving a read to Oarfish which is like super fire trucking weird. Like. I don't know how to explain it. Nuxl, you're smart, can you like, go through why this is so bizarre? I don't have the words for it, not enough energy.
this...is not that bizarre for me. there are slots i tend to ignore throughout the game because i can't read them through conventional methods so i wait until later in the game when we have more flips to work off of. like, it would be super easy for me to throw out a lazy read like "eh i think this guy is kinda town for how his pushes make no sense at all so there's no agenda there" or "eh i think this guy is kinda scummy because he's just throwing mud everywhere until it sticks and has no town flow of mind" but i don't like making up reads on people unless im deliberately trying to entrap someone so i'm being honest, i don't have a read on him, whenever i have a read it gets canceled out by the fact that he's oarfish and if i gave a read it would just be meaningless busywork cluttering up the thread to make me look good. you can attack me for that if you want but it's dumb.

Either way you've completely ignored that Oarfish may be usually aggressive but this is the first time he's shown actual pushy aggression all game.
okay, so what does that mean? what am I ignoring here? what conclusion am i supposed to make from that? i know you're deep in confirmation bias but look at it through my eyes.

Let's drag Rai's little case in here - Rai's read more of the game in-depth and he's come to the conclusion you've not actually pushed anywhere. So you didn't like, think about this at all when Oarfish is acting out of sync to his town game? Like even if you don't know his scumgame that's probably cause for concern and you've just left. the post there.
okay this gave me a double take and i had to look back at rai's reread post on me because i see this bolded part nowhere in his posts. i've also never said anywhere that oarfish is acting out of sync with his town game. you're actually putting bullstrawberries in my mouth at the point, what the fire truck? all his weird posting is consistent with his town game as i know it, i just said that it doesnt mean it cant be consistent with his scum game.

Conq I don't know whether I've missed it but here's the flat deal; you, sb, and Oarfish have avoided giving a strong read to anyone for the entire game and it's making people like raikaria ignore you. And the first time Oarfish gives a strong read, the interaction is just something I'm blowing ??? over.
okay, i dont know how you can say this given how i played d1 and d2 because i definitely played that pretty aggressively!
https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/84520-husbandowaifu-mafia-day-3/#comments
here's my most recent town game period. i was refakitty. my play here is basically identical to my play there. im pissed that i have to do this LOL but you keep saying im scum for doing stuff that i always do as town.

Conqueror

« Reply #2096 on: March 16, 2020, 04:09:24 PM »
ah fire truck im late for work so ill make this quick

@sb yes it was a gamble because i like playing with shadoweh and i wanted to see where that would go. in the game i just linked i did something similar with sheeping sham's vote (although i cant check rn to see if i was scumreading them)

i got aggressive at rai because his associatives case pissed me off. associatives on anyone when there are no flips pisses me off in general. yes i know it do it too. it's almost always wrong.

see first para

that's only if duskfall is town though. town!dan doesnt give us much either by that metric

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #2097 on: March 16, 2020, 04:11:39 PM »
Sorry again for the difficult time. I'm being hit especially hard by the virus thing workload wise
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #2098 on: March 16, 2020, 04:23:52 PM »
I read up on SB's D3 but mostly looked at the parts that pertained to me, which is most of it tbf.

I think it's entirely ok to be disconcerted by my progression D2 unto Duskfall and off from Shadoweh. I don't have much of a good reason for it aside from what I remember of Shadoweh's meta, and I can't expect that alone to sway anyone's opinion.

Multiple people now have commented that my decision to vote Dusk D2 was "trolly" (Conq) or "strange" (Nuxl), and I can understand that perception. But I didn't vote Dusk on a whim, I did so because I thought he had a better chance to be scum than shadoweh, and her town flip, and Dusk's D3 play, absolutely justify that vote even if people don't find my D2 motivation satisfactory.

Dan and Niek both coming out of nowhere to vote Duskfall is kinda interesting though when neither really has much of a case beyond what they posted before. Dan, what do you think of Duskfall's most recent posts? Who would you be voting for if not for Duskfall and why? I'd actually like to extend this question to Niek too.

Which posts are these? In anycase no post of his has given me pause to consider him as town. Beyond my observations I made in #1929 I think his inclinations to even attempt to pursue scumhunting (which I never thought there was much of anyway) has declined, and his culmination with a vote on me without a hint of legwork was expected as well. 

I'd be voting Niektory if not Duskfall. There's a couple places in their posts that are scummy and I've detailed them previously. Beyond that I'm not sure. I need to read Nuxl's stream of consciousness large wallpost which I never like doing, but he's a read I need to flesh out because what I've seen so far was unimpressive. I am starting to get worried about Serela's posts today. I don't mind that he apparently has townreads on everyone and I think sees equity in my lynch... but I do have posts today at least and I'm not even sure Serela has read any while voting me. I'd just like some assurance he's done that (also NNR too if possible)

Now.

Sb what did you mean when you said when referring to me:

That's because it isn't a scumread? It's an added benefit that I only expanded on in response to Conq. My real problem with Dan is that when he vanishes for several days at a time he somehow arrives at phase end with totally different vote (all day on Shadoweh, then voting Duskfall with Shadoweh), and that he only appears when pressured so like... taking the pressure off of him means he just gets to fade off into the background again. The only explanation he gave later for Duskfall over Shadoweh was that he just started to townread Shadoweh more later but he couldn't explain why, which is the safest explanation you could possibly give? I also read his posts and don't really know what he wants to do today beyond the Duskfall vote, honestly, which isn't a good luck considering how his reads have flipped already once.

Because this looks like a scumread to me, or the implication of one. I can understand the desire to pressure, but if this isn't a scumread and you're voting me still... does that mean (like serela apparently) you don't actually scumread anyone in the game?

You also mentioned self-meta breifly. I just want to say that that wasn't intended to be a defense of my play of any kind. Just an explanation for what people are seeing considering I felt obligated to post something after Dormio's posts.

I did on d1, yeah. Also I appreciate the defense, Dan but it kinda feels like you just tried to crawl up my ace of spades with that entire post. What have been your thoughts on me outside of smartbomb's post on me?

I have had none D1/D2. I just never bothered to look at you seriously, and that's not unique to you, I hadn't got around to really looking at Dormio/NNR/Zwerd/Refa/Nuxl at all. Today, my first post was looking you/Dusk/Nuxl/Niektory more throughly before Smartbomb cased you. Your section was brief but in essence I thought you looked town.

@Nuxl:

I don't know why Niek voted Duskfall of all people, and Dan's vote isn't really doing anything given deadline is soon.

Who should I be voting for? iirc at the time My wagon was at 3 while everyone elses was at 2 or below. And all those wagons were people I thought were town/townish. I think Dusk is by far the best bet to flip scum here and it's not like multiple wagons of 2-3 preclude Dusk gaining momentum with more than a day left. I find this oddly dismissive.

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #2099 on: March 16, 2020, 04:55:42 PM »
Dan is low content in terms of both what he posts and what people post about him. Pushing him into the spotlight rn forces people who haven't cared about him to care, and I think with lurkers its easy to justify a stance on them either way as scum ("this is scummy" or "not enough content") so the associations based off of his flip are still fine as town and golden as scum.

I also want to mention, that theoretically maybe this could happen, but it's definitely not. It's all too likely I'll be a consolidation lynch and my town flip will just be another indication that dusk should have been lynched (or maybe for smartbomb, Conq). Which associations do you see currently?