Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1056862 times)

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #1950 on: March 15, 2020, 10:14:04 AM »
oh btw if scumchat is on discord tommy is locktown

Nuxl

« Reply #1951 on: March 15, 2020, 10:14:47 AM »
oh btw if scumchat is on discord tommy is locktown

sorry this isn't true, it's conditionally "scumchat is on discord and none of his partners know his discord"

Nuxl

« Reply #1952 on: March 15, 2020, 10:16:28 AM »
sorry this isn't true, it's conditionally "scumchat is on discord and none of his partners know his discord"

rephrasing again: this is the only condition where tommy can be scum if scumchat is on discord

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1953 on: March 15, 2020, 10:18:56 AM »
I recommend sleeping.

I haven't actually read anything close to EOD2, decided it wasn't worth my time if I was just going to replace in with the thoughts I had already, and I should catch up when I can.

Yeah I'm worried about overgeneralizing someone who isn't as entrenched with mafia behaviour, which is why I'm not strongly townreading Niek and I'm kind of worried about his placement. I've made mistakes about new players before, but I would like to think they're the very not very self aware ones that don't really know what they're doing at all. Hard to explain, and I may be deluding myself, sure. You also gotta remember I was pretty convinced that Niek was scum and Prims was killed for his sins up until I examined his own angleshoot and he responded... fine.

And yeah, daytalk coaching is really something that is dependent on Niek's theoretical partners. Both you and Duskfall would do it; I would find it a huge surprise if anyone else would encourage him. That said, it doesn't rule out the world where Niek literally did forget scum have daychat and joined halfway through and decided to out that for towncred, because it was true.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1954 on: March 15, 2020, 10:20:34 AM »
Oh jesus christ that's a thing isn't it. I am... alright, I'll reluctantly play your game, there's like no private thread function on MOTK, unless they're awkwardly communicating using PMs they pretty much have to be using discord, right.

You're pulling out all the angles here aren't you. Boo.

« Reply #1955 on: March 15, 2020, 10:22:03 AM »
I'm in thread I kinda skimmed got a lot of questions to reply to and in gonna be honest guys

I don't have a clue what I'm doing, I think I've gotten significantly worse at mafia than when I was rolling 3 games at once, I guess that makes sense.

For people asking why nuxl was in scum meta its loss of stamina, which I called D1 and pre warned but he's posting now which is good? I suppose. He's still modspewed.

As a host, nuxl is an absolute annoyance as town. I ma willing to angle and game if the opportunity presents it. But nuxl kinda pushes the game further beyond this and will even try trip a host up and ask loads of questions trying to get any little info he can. Its hard to explain but he tries gleam any info from host, talking to them constantly, so when a host speaks to player nuxl you actual have to be kinda on guard a bit.

That aside k don't see a host posting "yeah scum have day chat" significantly deep into the game because a mafia player asked him if he has daychat. So nuxl should stay town.

I'm probably giving someone too easy a townread? Is it conq? Maybe? Is it oarfish? Probably. I can't even remember why oarfish is town but I honestly just am not willing to go back and iso this game as it stands, it is only morning so good chance I'll get bored and do stuff later because I'm a tryhard but as a whole this game has kinda drained me.

Also anyone who knows me should know I hate isoing

Nuxl

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1956 on: March 15, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »

Oh jesus christ that's a thing isn't it. I am... alright, I'll reluctantly play your game, there's like no private thread function on MOTK, unless they're awkwardly communicating using PMs they pretty much have to be using discord, right.

Someone not playing has provided me with Duskfall's discord info. Thanks!

« Reply #1957 on: March 15, 2020, 10:23:13 AM »

As I was typing it up lol

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1958 on: March 15, 2020, 10:23:33 AM »
I'm aware, nuxl.

« Reply #1959 on: March 15, 2020, 10:23:57 AM »
Imagine a world where me and nuxl but both modspew cleared each other

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1960 on: March 15, 2020, 10:25:31 AM »
i'm going to have to hand in my resignation as soon as this game is finished. you're both cursed.

Nuxl

« Reply #1961 on: March 15, 2020, 10:26:20 AM »
i'm laughing but also feel like an ace of spades

« Reply #1962 on: March 15, 2020, 10:27:33 AM »
Nuxl what's your conq read again

Nuxl

« Reply #1963 on: March 15, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »
Nuxl what's your conq read again

fair possibility i've been giving him a pass, smartbomb case is spicy and given fabloo NK isn't completely out of nowhere. but the weird thing is his posts don't feel scummy right

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1964 on: March 15, 2020, 10:29:52 AM »
Something to sit on with sb cause I haven't deep dived him.

sb if this gameday is like anything like you've been playing the past few days it's apparently "play very passive, get tied to two competing wagons and not bother thinking about anything else." Like when I asked you about Duskfall you sounded like you had to vote Duskfall for lack of a better option cause, not Shadoweh, and it kind of ???s me.

« Reply #1965 on: March 15, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
fair possibility i've been giving him a pass, smartbomb case is spicy and given fabloo NK isn't completely out of nowhere. but the weird thing is his posts don't feel scummy right

His content is p bad in general, but he just feels like such town and so much of what he says is like "mood" which k think is more important to go with?

« Reply #1966 on: March 15, 2020, 10:32:32 AM »
I actually think I wanna vote in Dan and SB today going forward not for any particular reason except the fact neither have been particularly town in any way but most players have

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1967 on: March 15, 2020, 10:33:52 AM »
Is there any way either of you, or anyone in the game, can really describe why you feel Conq's posts are tonally town? This is kind of difficult cause feelings are hard to describe.

Nuxl

« Reply #1968 on: March 15, 2020, 10:35:28 AM »
His content is p bad in general, but he just feels like such town and so much of what he says is like "mood" which k think is more important to go with?

omg i'm literally giving you a chance to be spewed and you're so not taking it lmfao

i dont think i'd have the balls to lynch them but i can definitely see reasons why he should be, you know? does that make sense

Nuxl

« Reply #1969 on: March 15, 2020, 10:38:03 AM »
sure @ sb vote

Is there any way either of you, or anyone in the game, can really describe why you feel Conq's posts are tonally town? This is kind of difficult cause feelings are hard to describe.

there was a particular inquisitiveness d1 that sort of felt like how i used to play town, his particular post pinging me for my own reads was solid i think between the 14-17 page range. i initially tl'd his stuff pages 3-6 but i think it doesn't mean too much now. and i think the gambit was like "fire truck i wish it was real lmao but good try"

that being said smogon doesn't actually... do gambits all that much so it's entirely possible i could've been getting hit up.

Nuxl

« Reply #1970 on: March 15, 2020, 10:38:40 AM »
@duskfall

what makes his content "p bad" specifically iyo

« Reply #1971 on: March 15, 2020, 10:40:32 AM »

He felt the exact same as me coming into d3 in some ways, he was fed up of the game. Angry he was pushing town D1 and D2 it seemed and I kinda belived he was drained and fed up of the game. He included a lot of emotion coming into d3 which I don't think is necessary as scum? I've not played noc with conq before but he doesn't seem like the type of person to just ate unecessarily, he wasn't really under pressure and I think I was an easy enough push for him if he wanted to do so with an agenda. He is pushing me but idk it doesn't feel like tunnely oh dusk is definitely scum, but maybe that's just him outplaying

« Reply #1972 on: March 15, 2020, 10:42:22 AM »
Eli he has only pushed me, shadoweh, Abu who are all town

Also he read my mafia champs game which was me acting like this as town all game p much so I think he should know that I am prone to building a scumread on someone for tunneling me, I always end up in town slapfigts and I was trying to avoid that this game. You know I do this. And literally the only game conq has seen from me was my biggest example of it ever

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1973 on: March 15, 2020, 10:43:29 AM »
I think it's pretty clear that Conq is just done with mafia regardless of his alignment (good decision imo, mafia sux) and decided to throw out the track for funsies. I don't think it means he has to be town off it, though. Like when he described why he put down the faketrack he said:

- maybe shadoweh gets caught - this is a reach and he knows it, if he's scum he'll make it up
- maybe it makes shadoweh talk more - honestly don't think conq uses this as really thought-out reasoning for anything; this was made post hoc at the very least. I don't think he made this up to cover the whole thing being stupid but uh
- lol mafia - yeah this is really how I see it and I 100% believe this. I also believe this can come from either alignment though. It's one of the rare fancy plays where the motive is like. literally null, and it's not a good sign for me.

« Reply #1974 on: March 15, 2020, 10:45:08 AM »
I feel like it's a typical Tommy town game to have like vig omgus me D1 for light pressure, get lynched, I get the blame, shadoweh thunderdome me and die, I get the blame, conq then go for me because of it, flip town, I get the blame etc etc

Its happened before

Nuxl

« Reply #1975 on: March 15, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
I think it's pretty clear that Conq is just done with mafia regardless of his alignment (good decision imo, mafia sux) and decided to throw out the track for funsies. I don't think it means he has to be town off it, though. Like when he described why he put down the faketrack he said:

- maybe shadoweh gets caught - this is a reach and he knows it, if he's scum he'll make it up
- maybe it makes shadoweh talk more - honestly don't think conq uses this as really thought-out reasoning for anything; this was made post hoc at the very least. I don't think he made this up to cover the whole thing being stupid but uh
- lol mafia - yeah this is really how I see it and I 100% believe this. I also believe this can come from either alignment though. It's one of the rare fancy plays where the motive is like. literally null, and it's not a good sign for me.

you've seen a bunch of gambits right? i think the fake track lasted exactly like an hour or so. is that usually enough to get solid information? do you think conq should've gotten what he wanted within that time?

« Reply #1976 on: March 15, 2020, 10:47:38 AM »
Do you guys think conq would fake this emotion he's had as scum, knowing conq as a person?

Nuxl

« Reply #1977 on: March 15, 2020, 10:48:46 AM »
I feel like it's a typical Tommy town game to have like vig omgus me D1 for light pressure, get lynched, I get the blame, shadoweh thunderdome me and die, I get the blame, conq then go for me because of it, flip town, I get the blame etc etc

Its happened before

then the next tommy town game you claim apricity and mewtwohidden are definitely not the unCCd PRs in the semi open and almost get lynched for it

happens

« Reply #1978 on: March 15, 2020, 10:49:42 AM »
then the next tommy town game you claim apricity and mewtwohidden are definitely not the unCCd PRs in the semi open and almost get lynched for it

happens

I hardly ever get mislynched, and I didn't there tbf

Nuxl

« Reply #1979 on: March 15, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »
Do you guys think conq would fake this emotion he's had as scum, knowing conq as a person?

within the realm of forced alignments anything can happen

i didnt really notice any ate tone in his posts though but maybe that means i should go reread