Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1056862 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #1890 on: March 15, 2020, 01:36:39 AM »
Oh my god how does anyone read drunkposting.

i have taken the L and decided to let someone else translate

« Reply #1891 on: March 15, 2020, 01:37:19 AM »
eeep who are youvoting right now? im a bit lost

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1892 on: March 15, 2020, 01:37:59 AM »
I just subbed in and have spent 3 hours in the thread. I have quick spec/skim reads that I feel strongly about but I'm sitting on it so I can think about things real time as they develop.

Quite frankly if this was any other, smarter person who isn't stupid enough to play mafia seriously they would basically be a blank slate anyways, so I'm not sure what you're expecting.

It's very clear where I got Rai's reasoning from, it's from Rai's oar case post. But you're right regardless.
i'm just c-u-rious after all. refa dropped a spicy list before they subbed out and i would be questioning them on it if they were still here. you're also a slot i dont really have a good handle on (despite good vibes from refa, i know they're very capable as scum!) so I'm hoping I can get that from you.

I mean i know where you got that bit from rai about oar from, but it doesnt seem to be the main factor in his decision to switch to oar given the reasons he repeats afterwards all have to do with the interactions bit. which was why i was confused when you said that the rai's case on oar concentrates on oarfish individually. I do see some things but I'm looking back at what raikaria said about oarfish d2 and trying to see if it matches his d3 stuff. i have to finish this later though.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1893 on: March 15, 2020, 01:41:00 AM »
fabloo being townread similar to a mason seems like a stretch (i had them as nulltown) but it's not like it matters now.

hey sb, what's your history of reading refa?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1894 on: March 15, 2020, 01:41:15 AM »
reading conq's posts (i mean in general not -just- this page but also this page) just makes me really really want to townread him

mafia is hard

sobbing

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #1895 on: March 15, 2020, 01:43:05 AM »
So, ActionDan. Niektory's big ol L O R E post is a lot of words for basically no content, yes. Why would you scumread it? Go back to basics here, do a quick

X did this -> scum do X -> X is scum here.

Oh, I can't say I scumread it definitively. But I do think it is scummy precisely because of the basics. Using your formula I'll condense my thought.

Neiktory did fluffy post --> scum do fluff ??? Neiktory is scum here.

maybe. It's a redflag for sure. normally it by itself would be less weighty if Neitkory had other posts, but expending that effort to post that appears to look like a decent sized post tends to come from scum whether an intentional play or not.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1896 on: March 15, 2020, 01:44:53 AM »
joking. ill do it myself. sec

@smartbomb i think fabloo was universally townread similarly to a mason so i can see why they would be nightkilled instead of a mason claim personally. i dont think that we should doubt masons yet based on how hard they have crumbed their roles.

wrt duskfall: primarily wanted to vote them because they werent shadoweh and my tr on shadoweh was stronger than my read on duskfall so yes the stuff i scumread duskfall for mostly came as a revelation around the time i was voting for them and i was trying to post my "PR or scum" read on them after their VT claim when fabloo quickhammered right after they claimed. so i guess a lot of it looks retroactive but its more like i made an assumption i thought was good but wasn't in hidnsight.

i voted for dan because their inconsistency felt more cnsn;uce (what) than the stuff on niek which is still scummy but harder to pin down. so i thought voting for dan here would be more productive because they could give an answer BUT MAYBE THEY WILL JUST GET INACTIVITY MODKILLED INSTEAD which may or may not be sick for us. like dan's inconsistency in votes is weird and undeniable but nieks's stuff is more easy to handwave or ignore but i feel like dan literally cant. There is a chance that I change my vote to Niek later on in the phase but I WAS KIND OF HOPING i would be able to pressure dan and niek in the meantime but uh, sorry I have been drinking my bad.

dormio i love you and i think you're probably town but i have like even less of an idea of what ur post restriction is trying to say than usual. i tried my best to read' consqud (lolwhat?) posts but its too crammed to gather my brain doesnt work. similarly, my eyes are glazing over and i try to read duskfall posts but "i tried to act like pr as vt" feels like fire trucking bullstrawberries do people actually do that? feels like its never an intentional thing to me.

i really do not get why wagons swaying to serela and i think voting is only a small part of their content. shadoweh was not low activity imo but i will look into the abu stuff toomrrow when im in a more clear headspace. however i do think serela response just sounds like "i am townie and you are wrong".

this already feels messy so im going to post this rn and try to read the current page now. conq posts too many words help

« Reply #1897 on: March 15, 2020, 01:45:36 AM »
this page is literally hard to read

conq please can you paragraph your posts more like

this

this

this

instead of
this
this
this

so its easier to read thianks

cut: i dont think its perfect but generally we tend to vibe together well as town which is why i was okay with them this game. the "hey sb im scum and im subbing out" is kinda baffling and making me wonder if my read waaas strawberries but likem ntis sidscaring it dientrely ad i need to rehtink it. the onyl weirndess i thougth was refa was followng a lot of my thoughts instead of it being moveor and evenish thing (more like 80/20 than 60/40 either way) but now is not yhr etime to think about it too muhc and i think they had one of the better shadoweh vtes cuz they had a real case.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1898 on: March 15, 2020, 01:46:44 AM »
eeep who are youvoting right now? im a bit lost

serela, but not very confident in it anymore admittedly

« Reply #1899 on: March 15, 2020, 02:03:49 AM »
niek cotnninuing to ignore my postsia nnoyinh. who is scum right now? id otn even care abiout earlier game stuff now just please give us reasa nnd reaosns for stuff god.

my brain doesnt work on zeep;s posts. like, it just doesnt. are you sheeping serela or if there something else im mssisng here because ??? i am very lost with your reads.

conq re u scumreading erakaria here? asking striahgtiup becase i dont think i have the abiltiy to eead into subtletly rn but i cam confused a bit. like i dont think i gree with raik case nought to lynch you but your response seems kinda aaggrrsivel] after reading on i see reevaluating so id be interested inw aht you come up with.

not sususper happy with dan's response but i need to reread it when im less sutupi  like it sonds like an "okay" defense but not enoug to conivnice me to do anythinge else. likt it could be used to. also the self-meta feels wifomy actally aaaa i still thinkg my vote here is fine.

smartbomb are u actualyl voting me to try and ressure me right now or is it because u thinkg im scum?

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1900 on: March 15, 2020, 02:06:37 AM »
it's cause you're cute

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1901 on: March 15, 2020, 02:12:11 AM »
it's cause you're cute
well you're not W R O N G...

« Reply #1902 on: March 15, 2020, 02:12:32 AM »
wtf u cant just say that qbout people if ite not true

« Reply #1903 on: March 15, 2020, 02:13:24 AM »
seeela you are cuter than me SHUT UP

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1904 on: March 15, 2020, 02:17:40 AM »
If you're gonna make the read make it why are you asking someone else I'd you have to change
Did you mean this quote duskfall because it reads to me as literal gibberish
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #1905 on: March 15, 2020, 02:28:59 AM »
Time to respond to the answers I got.

Everyone - do you agree with Serela regarding d3 lurker lynch? 

Conq - Are you only looking at their scumreads? 

Duskfall - I see.  Perhaps it is too early for wagon analysis. 

Disquieted - I was hoping you'd commit to a few reads after following the game.  I was mostly okay with Refa but my main issue with him was how he would have a floaty read based on what he remembered.  Your posts have been pretty good so far. 

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1906 on: March 15, 2020, 02:29:55 AM »
Town continues to fight amongst themselves and start ridiculous wagons on other very town-reading players while the scum gets away with doing nothing all day.

##Vote:ActionDan
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1907 on: March 15, 2020, 02:31:45 AM »
Lolis with Hats thinks that if Serela is scum then Lolis With Hats will eat their Hat.

Why does Lolis With Hats and Friends think Serela as a lynch if a remotely good idea?

« Reply #1908 on: March 15, 2020, 02:40:19 AM »
By the way, thanks to players for going with me on this.

NNR - Sorry I missed your post agreeing with Serela.  Assuming ActionDan is red, where do we go from there?  What if he's green?

Nuxl - You believe you're good at forming a core of townreads and then performing PoE.  Are you still following this strategy? 

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1909 on: March 15, 2020, 03:00:33 AM »
There's not really anywhere to go if Dan is green or red. He's so inactive there's pretty much no connection to make if he flips either way. Neik is still also very inactive and, well, I still scumread both you and Dusk.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1910 on: March 15, 2020, 03:04:24 AM »
Looking purely where the votes fall and where my scumreads are I really wish he wouldn't be so strawberriesty of a player because I'd probably still read him as town if he actually put in the effort

« Reply #1911 on: March 15, 2020, 03:15:37 AM »
Duskfall - you've said at least twice that Nuxl is acting like his scum self.  It's unlikely but possible that the mod statement has a different explanation.  Does Nuxl have interactions which look scum/scum?  I've read that the presence of those is a moderate scumtell, and the absence is a strong towntell.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1912 on: March 15, 2020, 03:30:45 AM »
God I didn't even notice Dan posted today but somehow I don't think it's actually relevant to the game

« Reply #1913 on: March 15, 2020, 03:36:13 AM »
Raikaria - right now, my position on Conq is that he is a good player who seems towny from approach and actions.  From what I've read, the better play is for me to assume he's town.  I could do a deep dive on him which might change my mind, but I don't feel like doing that right now.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1914 on: March 15, 2020, 03:58:25 AM »
Raikaria - right now, my position on Conq is that he is a good player who seems towny from approach and actions.  From what I've read, the better play is for me to assume he's town.  I could do a deep dive on him which might change my mind, but I don't feel like doing that right now.

So you spent an entire post saying we should reevaluate everything, and you also post this?

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #1915 on: March 15, 2020, 06:19:12 AM »
was setting up an eimm all day today and honestly i don't really want to do any homework today regarding this game but i know i should, i just don't super have the drive and i feel bad about that

i know i'm already spewed not mafia so that's especially embarrassing

Nuxl

« Reply #1916 on: March 15, 2020, 06:56:14 AM »
re my dusk read: i townread his d1 stuff because it was high confidence. his forcefulness on abu was something i liked a lot and it felt reminiscent of his town game. he didnt really feel like he was taking a backseat. I had an angleshoot where I felt like he would make an earlier entrance in thread because I think his scumchat would remind him on discord to post and I think he'd use that opportunity to try to maintain presence sooner?

D2 i was more on autopilot but i thought of him/shadoweh (and by conjunction o4rfish) his slot was the one i wanted lynched the least. i am kind of banking on the fact that he's town so that i'm not wrong out of my own pride, but i don't really want to handwave people from reading into him because he's not lock for me at this point of time.

(going to reread the whole thread now, not really excited to do it and means i should really join games on my own volition instead of people asking me to. i'd say this isn't alignment indicative bc it really isn't but uh. yeah)

Nuxl

« Reply #1917 on: March 15, 2020, 06:57:32 AM »
@nuxl is town dusk usually this self centered when presenting a defense?

also this logic is so weird and irrational it might just restore my faith in him. will reread

dumb logic is >rand town, if it actively reads like garbage logic like throwing random strawberries at a wall and making something stick then it's >rand scum

there's a fundamental difference

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1918 on: March 15, 2020, 07:05:25 AM »
damn I wanted to roll out my final readlist and you have to post nuxl

what a nerd

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1919 on: March 15, 2020, 07:06:04 AM »
this is an outright misrep and you're pulling this out of your ass.

serela still basically only has one case which is definitely in scum!serela range but on balance i think the way shadoweh is approaching the game is scummier. maybe i'll trust my initial gut read on serela.

oh right, oarfish i think i saw you mention something about me/serela/shadoweh's reads on each other but it's not like we have rock solid accuracy on each other. what's your current read on me/serela/shadoweh?

How can I misrep you LITERALLY ASKING FOR A READ.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.