Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1056839 times)

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #1800 on: March 14, 2020, 09:23:12 PM »
I think the top 3 suspects right now are O4rfish; Conq and Serela.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1801 on: March 14, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »
Lynching lurkers seems like the low effort scum move to do here but it's also not a bad idea given the lack of better choices to Actually Scumread.

I still haven't forgotten my scumread on Duskfall and I really don't feel like either of the flips from d2 has changed that?
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #1802 on: March 14, 2020, 09:24:49 PM »
Raik hate to break it to you but all end of day wagons are town if you are town so everyone ahs been voting town

« Reply #1803 on: March 14, 2020, 09:26:03 PM »
Lynching lurkers seems like the low effort scum move to do here but it's also not a bad idea given the lack of better choices to Actually Scumread.

I still haven't forgotten my scumread on Duskfall and I really don't feel like either of the flips from d2 has changed that?

If you're gonna make the read make it why are you asking someone else I'd you have to change

« Reply #1804 on: March 14, 2020, 09:29:02 PM »
Oh my god did I just quote a page 1 post thinking it was the most recent post from nuxl LOL

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1805 on: March 14, 2020, 09:29:27 PM »
I'm just thought posting right now.

I'm looking at raikaria's votals thing and it made me remember zwerdbeasgteaswgg also still exists and I'm pretty sure he has also been terminally fire trucking useless all game
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #1806 on: March 14, 2020, 09:31:05 PM »
Everyone has been useless all game

« Reply #1807 on: March 14, 2020, 09:31:52 PM »
Longer I hang out in thread the more tilted I get

Its also amazingly tilting that nuxl is modspewed town but completely in his scum meta

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1808 on: March 14, 2020, 09:33:25 PM »
Raikaria:
I'd like to point out re:Prims voted Serela and got nk'd, closer to the end of D1 Prims said something very close to "Oh, no, this is actually town Serela, I'm sorry for ever doubting you <3"

So, no, I would not have nightkilled prims for suspecting me XD

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1809 on: March 14, 2020, 09:34:00 PM »
I'm mostly leaning on a lurker lynch yeah. I kinda wish we could just force replace the two but that wouldn't help matters much. I'd like to believe there's scum lurkers but I'd still like to believe in my surviving three scumreads of Oarfish, Duskfall, and zuksgyemrwop;tyeqw

I really don't remember seeing much scummy from Nuxl but it's so easy to ignore him in the light of the much more scummy people running around

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1810 on: March 14, 2020, 09:36:05 PM »
OK this is the good Serela then. Sry for doubting you bae (handheart)

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1811 on: March 14, 2020, 09:37:46 PM »
Raik hate to break it to you but all end of day wagons are town if you are town so everyone ahs been voting town

Yes; but there's people who have voted almost nothing but town. Throughout the entire day.

Anyway; I went back to look at Serela and one thing that immediately concerned me was his votes.

Yeah my rvs vote is basically a non-vote and I'm not -really- seeing anything else (although there's some people i am waiting to see do their followups) so I probably should go ahead and

##Unvote:Abu
##Vote:Raikaria

Serela's first 'real' vote. Goes onto me with absolutely no reason. I'm softconfirmed townie.

Serela proceeds to sit on this for quite a while. From March 6th to March 8th.

ugghhhhh today was projected to be a fairly slow day at work and instead it was so madhouse busy that I didn't have any time to mafia plus I'm now exhausted and have a headache

I just finished catching up with a basic read of the new pages,  this is not the comprehensive post i wanted to make but I really just don't feel good/have any real energy

*i don't like abu's overall nonpresence (Remember when I said I was waiting to see how some people followed up later? he didn't follow through)

*not feeling great about refa's 'well i'm ok with this' very sheepy jump onto the growing raikaria wagon but the continued Refa presence after made it somewhat better (but still!!)

*shadoweh is surprisingly nonpresent, I thought she was OK at first but now the game is -actually- rolling and she's just... not, which I do not find to be normal

*o4rfish is being o4rfish

I just iso'd Abu which took approximately 20 seconds. It really doesn't look good. There's a lot of "ok i'll go read now' and then not doing it, or making a single comment and then disappearing again until the next time he says he'll do something and then doesn't do it. He's -not even voting anyone-. His "read, this time for real' resulted in one comment on not liking NNR's nuxl vote, and then, HE MADE SEVERAL POSTS AFTER THAT, that purely consist of answering fluffy questions aimed in his direction and doing nothing else. It makes him look like he's contributing but he's really just not?

Literally the only thing I could imagine to argue him as lazy!town is that scum would hopefully have the sense of mind to at least votedrop someone before disappearing and trying to coast, while answering a few questions to at least -look- like they're contributing and not just lurking.

##Unvote:Raikaria
##Vote:Abu

i know i should be revaluating raikaria and going a little more indepth on people other than abu but my brain is absolutely dead right now, i need to go to bed instead

Serela's Abu vote [which; by the way; was one of the earlier ones] boils down to 'He's not doing much'; which at this point it could be applied to a lot of people. Including me. Who he unvoted from, and even acknowledges should be re-evaluated.

Raikaria voting your own slot when you have a big wagon that's likely to be lynched who isn't you is basically never a good idea. You're assuming Abu is totally telling the truth when he could EASILY BE LYING, meanwhile, from your perspective, you are -modconfirmed town- (or scum who would at least be attempting to survive)

Except Abu really was Town Vig. In hindslight this plea for me to basically go back to Abu looks somewhat bad. Because of course, scum would want us to kill a Vig over VT.

Oh wait. Shadoweh isn't softconfirmed scum anymore. I actually have to vote her again.

##Vote Shadoweh

This is the justification for a vote that Serela literally sits on ALL DAY.

Notably Serela's only gone after low-activity lynches. And now he's just jumped on ActionDan too.

To rephrase my previous post:if we lurker lynch today I'm 100% cool with it but I'd much rather Dan than niektory at present

I dipped my toes into Nuxl's d1, his 540 looks really good but I don't get that feeling much afterwards and as said his D2 was rather lackluster. I've townread everyone except the lurkers at some point so no more "i think this one thing they did was pretty town" if the rest looks not as much
sobbing, so true
oh hey nuxl is posting, reading

...oh yes, that was what happened. yes that's a thing isn't it. :T I guess I did have a good reason to drunkread nuxl as town
##Vote ActionDan

D3 starts and Serela seems to be pushing immediately for an easy lurkerlynch.

Not really scumhunting. Just easy wagons on low-activity townies. No real cases either. I don't like this.

##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #1812 on: March 14, 2020, 09:38:06 PM »
Why do people ask stuff then leave this is why we are losing

>Hello sir let me have a conversation to determine your alignment, detailed answer me ln this topic please

-ok sure

>50 million years later oh sorry yeah missed that thanks for wasting your time

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1813 on: March 14, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »
Note: Still need to re-read Conq and O4rfish. Could totally flip back to them. But Serela's vote patterns; lack of cases and picking easy votes and just riding them looks exceptionally bad.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1814 on: March 14, 2020, 09:40:15 PM »
Conq the power role makes me look bad after I claim, I agree. Was I trying to look like rp? Yes, for two reasons:

It makes me less likely to get lynched, this is pro town not just pro survivability. I know shaodweh is not town pr because she has claimed by, and I believe she is mafia. Of course it is pro town to have her lynched over me, who I know is town. My scum read getting lynched is always better than me getting lynched, that's a fact.

Claiming VT does not help town make its decision in a way that is pro it's wincon. This is because I am not pr. Deciding between two vts doesn't help town, because you are both vt it doesn't change the decision. So me claoming does not effect the lynch. I agree that if I was lr or shadoweh was it would make sense to claim as you weigh up who gets to survive. My claiming here gave town no real advantage, and I knew this. You only seem to believe it does help town because you didn't already know my role.

An unknown claim can potentially effect a lynch, because it has the potential to be pr. But from my perspective there is no such potential, so claiming does not help the decision at all, and I am aware it won't help the decision. So my claiming is never pro town, I know this. You only believe it could potentially be pro town because you don't know the claim. Sorry if I'm repeating btw.

But because of this not being pro town, it only really helps scum, who are pr hunting, by telling them I am not what they are looking for.

@nuxl is town dusk usually this self centered when presenting a defense?

also this logic is so weird and irrational it might just restore my faith in him. will reread

I'm just thought posting right now.

I'm looking at raikaria's votals thing and it made me remember zwerdbeasgteaswgg also still exists and I'm pretty sure he has also been terminally fire trucking useless all game

same. could at least have the courtesy to spell my name right

Raikaria:
I'd like to point out re:Prims voted Serela and got nk'd, closer to the end of D1 Prims said something very close to "Oh, no, this is actually town Serela, I'm sorry for ever doubting you <3"

So, no, I would not have nightkilled prims for suspecting me XD

big :wifom: but important to consider

cut:

Why do people ask stuff then leave this is why we are losing

>Hello sir let me have a conversation to determine your alignment, detailed answer me ln this topic please

-ok sure

>50 million years later oh sorry yeah missed that thanks for wasting your time

was this me? i feel called out.

im here; your post is just stupid to break down

« Reply #1815 on: March 14, 2020, 09:40:41 PM »
Yeah that was a good case from raik, and serela is not in my town I'm sheeping raik if someone asks me why I'm voting this I'm copy pasting raiks post you are warned

##unvote
##vote:serela

« Reply #1816 on: March 14, 2020, 09:45:20 PM »
Zwerd my post is not stupid and is not only my opinion but true and just because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong, sorry. There is nothing incorrect on that and if there is feel free to point it out rather than talking about whether I am self centred or not. Have your own opinion on it don't ask a lurker who has hedged on me all game whether I am right or wrong. I'm not even talking about meta I'm talking about mafia theory.

At the very least id you consume it you can get better mechanically even if you mislynch me!

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1817 on: March 14, 2020, 09:46:24 PM »
I really don't remember seeing much scummy from Nuxl but it's so easy to ignore him in the light of the much more scummy people running around
It's probably not the MOST infallible modclear but AFAIK most people are this point are soft-townclearing nuxl for claiming the role of "person who asked kilga if scum had daytalk and then kilga posted it publically"

OK I'm under more legitimate attack from Rai now.

1.My Rai vote was still preettty early in d1. However it wasn't rvs anymore, so it's NOT a great vote I will admit and I was visibly struggling to case anyone else, so yes I accept that it was mildly scummy
2.My abu vote wasn't merely that he was lurking; it was that Abu would keep posting, keep SAYING he's going to do things, but then never actually do those things. This is something that differentiates generic lurking from scummy lurking. When you're actually around and talking but still doing nothing, that's more often from scum than your average non presence.
Except Abu really was Town Vig. In hindslight this plea for me to basically go back to Abu looks somewhat bad. Because of course, scum would want us to kill a Vig over VT.
3.Dude you're arguing that town should commit suicide to allow a super scummy person to not get lynched over P O S S I B L Y being a PR? Sure, now when he's FLIPPED as a PR it might 'sound' worse, but town should never be doing this unless maybe there's VERY strong evidence to support it's true, and if that was actually the case there's no way the lynch would be happening anymore -ANYWAY- so that's still a null situation.

When you know you're modconfirmed town you should almost never gun for your own death over someone who you don't know for sure to be town. Vig is a typical 'trying to live for 1 more day and get the other guy mislynched' claim because of the tempation of extra town-sided kills and it's 'provability'.

This is the justification for a vote that Serela literally sits on ALL DAY.
Holy strawberries you framed this so insanely bad it almost makes me want to retract a townread on you. This is such a gross misrepresentation of my interactions with Shadoweh I can't comprehend how you actually just said this out loud.

« Reply #1818 on: March 14, 2020, 09:48:14 PM »
Also would like to take this moment to point out km the one who caught that nuxl was modspewwed and specifically asked thread to reveal who was modspewed, before I even knew who I was clearing

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1819 on: March 14, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »
Like, Raikaria just tried to act like "oh, conq didn't actually have a gotcha on shadoweh?" is the only reason I voted Shadoweh for all of d2 instead, of, like... how maybe I've spent almost the entire freaking game ACTIVELY making cases against Shadoweh and gunning for her lynch????

Duskfall considering you just decided you're sheeping Raikaria can you at least like, point out the parts you agree with so you can have something resembling your own opinion

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1820 on: March 14, 2020, 09:54:22 PM »
Also would like to take this moment to point out km the one who caught that nuxl was modspewwed and specifically asked thread to reveal who was modspewed, before I even knew who I was clearing

anyone could have done that tho

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1821 on: March 14, 2020, 09:55:15 PM »
Mm. Resting for a while.

Oarfish if you must know I actually read most of Refa’s posts for the sole reason of checking whether I was going to replace into a scumslot. I uh, this is not a game where I’d be able to play as scum here for multiple reasons so I was kinda choosy about it.

Halfway through Day 2 I found a few indicators that Refa was town, but not extremely confident, and had a pretty structured readlist at that point. I gave up reading and skipped to the end and saw their readlist. I squinted at it and then proceeded to sub in.

Hope that answers your question, heh. If it doesn’t I’m sure i will eventually.

« Reply #1822 on: March 14, 2020, 09:56:31 PM »
Jus typed a post and it deleted fire truck my life

« Reply #1823 on: March 14, 2020, 09:57:23 PM »
anyone could have done that tho

Anyone could catch the whole scum team day 1 guess it's not towny

« Reply #1824 on: March 14, 2020, 10:01:26 PM »
Serela I had a longer poet but I'll summarise, raik shows your solving has been pretty weak most of the game and your votes don't really have much confidence behind them and are non committal. I don't mind people pressuring with a vote but I think it has to develop and lead someone just sitting on a lurker and going nowhere isn't a good look.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1825 on: March 14, 2020, 10:01:52 PM »
Anyone could catch the whole scum team day 1 guess it's not towny

im just saying in a vacuum what you did isnt inherently a town move

« Reply #1826 on: March 14, 2020, 10:03:59 PM »
im just saying in a vacuum what you did isnt inherently a town move

Yes giving a random person a clear isn't towny sorry

Jesus Christ this game

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1827 on: March 14, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »
Serela I had a longer poet but I'll summarise, raik shows your solving has been pretty weak most of the game and your votes don't really have much confidence behind them and are non committal. I don't mind people pressuring with a vote but I think it has to develop and lead someone just sitting on a lurker and going nowhere isn't a good look.
wh
what

do i need to quote like 10 posts of me continuously enforcing and driving my cases against abu and shadoweh??? How could these cases possibly have looked noncommittal or inconfident? "it has to develop?" These cases developed as the people continued to look like lurkscum and continued to make completely worthless posts after pressure. Going nowhere is certainly not what happened here.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1828 on: March 14, 2020, 10:12:34 PM »
like, what, I screamed and yelled when the shadoweh wagon dissolved and got it to flame back up because I Really Really wanted her lynched, how in the world is that 'noncommittal'

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1829 on: March 14, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »
like, what, I screamed and yelled when the shadoweh wagon dissolved and got it to flame back up because I Really Really wanted her lynched, how in the world is that 'noncommittal'

I was looking at the votes themselves to be entirely fair.

Although it's really not earning you much townie points when you say 'I screamed and really really wanted the townie lynched.'