Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1057069 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #1740 on: March 14, 2020, 06:14:46 AM »
This game is incredibly tilting.

Conqueror

« Reply #1741 on: March 14, 2020, 07:55:24 AM »
I'll make a proper post in the morning.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1742 on: March 14, 2020, 08:15:11 AM »
define Statement95
{
        To be honest, my mind is currently settling on (sb) and (O4rfish) all being scum together and is refusing to do any thinking whatsoever.
}
define Statement96
{
        I've been sitting on this post for hours, thinking about whether I want to add anything to it, and my brain simply refuses to work so I figured I might as well post what I have.
}
define Statement97
{
        Upon reflection, (sb)'s jump to (O4rfish) seems unnatural to me.
}
define Statement98
{
        During day 1, (sb) actually defends (O4rfish) from the same case he decides to sheep the next day with very little mention of (O4rfish) in between the two actions.
}
define Statement99
{
        To me, it seems as though (sb) was simply throwing (O4rfish) under the bus for eventual credibility in case (O4rfish)'s lynch went through.
}
define Statement 100
{
        (Duskfall98)'s end of day was awful. (Duskfall98)'s content in general is awful. sb stands for Super Busser, right?
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Statement95)
        ask (Statement96)
        ask (Statement97)
        ask (Statement98)
        ask (Statement99)
        ask (Statement100)
}

« Reply #1743 on: March 14, 2020, 10:03:56 AM »
Scum are having the easiest game of their lives and I'm demotivated as strawberries and couldn't be arsed posting but I know I gave to post utrgejskss

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1744 on: March 14, 2020, 11:09:14 AM »
Disquieted (SmartBomb) has agreed to replace Refa. Welcome to the game, Agent Tanya.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1745 on: March 14, 2020, 11:41:27 AM »
Hi. I've read a significant amount of the game and have formed opinions. May talk about them in a bit.

I'm going to try and not post as much as some nerds in this game, cause I saw people got upset enough by that sort of thing. Please yell at me if I do.

« Reply #1746 on: March 14, 2020, 11:48:27 AM »
Forgot about the Nuxl modspew (or rather I read Kilga’s comment properly for the first time lmao) so that’s fine. I disagree with Refa that the nightkills were good for me as scum, they were both generically good kills and there’s no protective role flip, but I’m not gonna get a response from this so whatever.

Oarfish, who do you want to lynch today? The one thing I will say I agree with from your posting is that people who are playing with only poe need to actually scumhunt because so far the PoE has sucked. We need to actually look for scum instead of trying to find town because one deepscum sinks us.

Dormio, I already said that I reread Oarfish overnight and that was why my read on them changed, and I explained why the change took place. Just because I’ve bussed in the past doesn’t mean I’m hyper-bussing every game anymore - in one of the more recent SF games that I played I literally spent a full game hard defending my scumbuddy from the lynch. Do you think my gameplan would really be “force town to lynch correctly” instead of resigning myself to lynching Shadoweh “because I have to”?

Cut: Hi smartbomb.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1747 on: March 14, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »
Hm. Hi then.

So walk me through something, sb. Why did you vote Duskfall?

« Reply #1748 on: March 14, 2020, 12:10:44 PM »
I thought that Shadoweh was town so I preferred Duskfall naturally, but I felt like his D1 freakout to Abu threatening to vig him was either PR or scum (more likely PR at the time because no others had claimed and I assumed scum could RB) so I kinda left them but they hadn’t really done much scumhunting and were mostly acting in self pres.

Also their posts about Shadoweh yesterday bugged me a lot. It feels weird to say a bunch of reasons why they thought Shadoweh’s posts were bad and then still sound like they were resigning themselves to the vote? It didn’t feel genuine and feels kinda like they were absolving themselves of guilt.

Getting picked up, back later.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1749 on: March 14, 2020, 12:26:14 PM »
Alright, at home, probably nodding off to bed after this but just want to get some sort of questions online and thoughts much, much later. 2 day, uh, Days, are something I deeply appreciate.

First off, I think this game has some sort of misunderstanding about majority lynch or something. To me, anyone is lynchable but there's been a strict avoidance of people simply cause "you're never going to get 8 votes on them" and I feel that's kind of self-defeating, especially when most of the lynches haven't really had some sort of big case built on them. Without a case, of course people don't actually die when they're killed, but potential lynch targets get left by the wayside without people pushing in those directions. Which seems like a problem. Game gets way too locked easily on like two competing wagons, maybe that's a force from plurality lynch, but I don't really think it works at all in majority. Whatever.

Hrm.

So other things - I generally really like End of Day 1s as just a barometer of who is mafia and who isn't and I feel like this one, in this game, was kind of brutal - y'all lynched the town vigilante after all - and a lot of information can be gleaned from this one. I suppose that's where a lot of my thoughts are kinda centered.

Alright, onto the questions. I'm not sure what I'm formulating but I'll think about it as I write.

@Duskfall - So at a certain point at End of Day 1 Abu asks you who to shoot, if not you. You respond "Ok you are usually best to shoot lhf slots that are not going to be town cleared". Zwerdjib questions you on what this means, etc, and this leads into the inevitable question "Alright, but who are the low-hanging fruit this game?" And you don't really answer or acknowledge it being there. Obviously that's a long time ago, but I'd like either a past (at the time) answer or a present answer on who you think the low-hanging fruit are and who you think deserves a vig shot.

What's going on with your towncore? Can you explain a bit around that?

And finally I'm pretty sure you just rolled on past Abu's kind of huge OMGUS on you starting Day 2. Why shouldn't we pay attention to it?

@Conqueror, Duskfall: Why are you so upset? It's Day 3. I assume both of you have played enough games to realise that two mislynches is never the end of the world - and three vanilla town in the graveyard isn't too terrible - so what's going on? Give me a sort of grumpiness check - Conq I assume you're gonna write a post like you said, but the ??? here still stands.

@Nuxl: Haven't read End of Day 2, cursory glance is I'm not exactly sure where your head is at. Can you give me the deal there?

@everyone: So I'm not going to plug too deep into this cause of the somewhat mystery behind this. - Well, last I read, I think I'm missing about 10-15 pages still. But Dormio and NNR are both supposed to be masons right? Big spotlight on it, very obvious, etc. Maybe too obvious, whatever. So why has Fabloo died?

Kinda feel like Prims dying got written off as a doc dodge way too easily as well. But I'm not really sure how to deal with that yet.

@Niektory: You uh, weren't really questioned about your mad voteswitch onto Abu, so I'll throw it out now. Like, just walk me through what you were thinking around there.

@sb: So we have a current conversation going. What are your thoughts on Duskfall now? I'm reading this

I was townreading Duskfall initially because I thought their reaction to being threatened to be vig was most likely a town PR (because scum would just roleblock vig!Abu probably and it didn't feel like VT on). Then the Masons claimed and I was less sure, and then they claimed Vanilla. I'm really confused on like, how they didn't claim to be scumreading Shadoweh when they were effectively listing reasons to scumread her at phase end. I wanna see what they think of their wagon today now that Shadoweh has flipped town because I'm not happy.

And I'm not finding like, a very clear scumread here. It kind of sounds like Duskfall was a wagon and it's why you jumped on him, and the reasoning to scumread him follows later, instead of what is naturally the other way around.

Mm. Yeah, that'll do for now. Kinda have a fairly significant direction I want to take today but it'll wait, I really enjoy not prodding mafia environments more than I need to. Maybe not enough. Anyways. Night.

Disquieted

• ⑨_⑨
  • aka smartbomb
« Reply #1750 on: March 14, 2020, 12:38:43 PM »
I thought about this overnight and I want to lynch in hard lurkers today (Dan/Niek) because their slots are going to be a huge question mark going forwards and I don't think we'll be able to solve them with roles considering we already have vig/masons. 

##Vote: ActionDan

I think their end of phase yesterday was really weird. Their D1 was actually alright but it feels like he just flipped a switch and forgot all about it? His entire progression D1 seemed to imply they were good with lynching Shadoweh and Duskfall was null, but then they went and voted for Duskfall yesterday? I don't know how much this means since Shadoweh flipped town and Duskfall is the unknown but I can't wrap my head around it. Dan, what changed during D2 to make you want to vote for Duskfall instead of Shadoweh? I know you said the read changed but like... why? It's so out of nowhere.

I think that Niek is getting too much of a free pass for being a newbie, and nobody is talking about it despite nobody townreading him. The way the wagon built and dissolved so suddenly yesterday was kinda spooky and he feels like he's playing really safe. They say its a personality thing but it kinda reminds me of my first scumgame where I was talking a lot about game mechanic stuff to feel helpful and struggled to formulate fake reads.

Hm.

You know what, one more.

sb, you obviously want to lynch/focus one of the two lurkers in the game, duh. But like, ActionDan is getting townpoints over Niek here. So when you say Niek is getting too much of a free pass for being a newbie, are you also giving that free pass to uh, him? Like this read is a weird place in your post because it kind of gives lip service to Niek here but then just brushes him off again like "yeah we probably need to deal with him later, ActionDan is the priority here" even though you admit his Day 1 was towny and you call out Niek as being under the radar and just... like, if I was writing this post I'm pretty sure I'd like come out with a Niek vote instead of an ActionDan one nine times out of ten, no?

I don't really follow this.

« Reply #1751 on: March 14, 2020, 03:05:38 PM »
Smartbomb there's a lot of reasons why I'm tilted, getting wagoned by shadoweh who literally played anti town all game nas pretty much thunderdomed me for no reason, when I gave her literally every chance but she refused to reconsider me once I some of them.

Another one is the fact we have very little info considering the only wagons to have ever really been town (assuming raik is town) so scum haven't had to do anything, we have no real wagon info.

A third is the fact my reads have been wrong.

A fourth is that I keep tinfoiling nuxl and he has felt kinds scummy but he's pretty much modcleared.

A fifth is that there's no one I've really enjoyed solving with this game to be honest, and despite me believing to have formed a solid enough towncore, it's not getting reflected back and I'm not getting enough towncred, genuinely have no idea why I've ever been considered. Target on a real note.

Sixth: you mention that I should be used to games like this where it's not the end of the world. Yeah but town has no direction and no one seems to have good confident reads right now and whenever that happens it usually means scum is way ahead and that's making me tibfoil but tinfoiling is bad and against my pihlosophy

« Reply #1752 on: March 14, 2020, 03:07:37 PM »
Side note smartbomb mentioning the mason thing makes sense, why did they not die? Though I haven to admit that I myself have spared claimed power roles to kill threatening VT before, clarinet was like innocent child or something and rest of game was vt I forget the full story

Lhf this game is like niek nnr oarfish as far as i can see smartbomb,

« Reply #1753 on: March 14, 2020, 03:10:52 PM »
Also I don't know what you mean about abus omgus on me. I obviously know I'm town and obviously know he's flipped town, so he jumped the gun and read me wrong after I was the first person to pressure him a tiny bit, and got misread by a lot of people off doing so

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1754 on: March 14, 2020, 03:49:46 PM »
I only have a second atm but if Dormio was barking up the wrong tree and nnr wasnt doing much, I'd probably have killed fabloo the golden townread over them too

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1755 on: March 14, 2020, 05:56:21 PM »
FTR, while we're on the topic of the town masons not getting shot last night

Dormio:Is practically tunnelling o4rfish
NNR:Also has o4rfish as their front and foremost priority

The Actual Nightkill Fabloo:Suspects Conq and Duskfall

When you're presenting with confirmed towns and you shoot someone else, you probably have a good reason to do so. O4rfish being town is a good reason, in this case. One of Conq or Dusk being scum would also be a good reason potentially, but lots of people want to lynch Dusk and it only takes a bit more o4rfish fuel to get him lynched in current gamestate I think (we're not doing this btw >:C) Although I should probably reread Conq? Like, nk on Fabloo because most of the game other than him townreads Conq is a pretty decent way to help smother conq suspicion. That being said, actual judgment reserved for when I have a better opinion about conq himself, but this is helpful NK analysis imo

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1756 on: March 14, 2020, 05:59:51 PM »
Also, question for Dormio:My reread of SB looked kinda town and your entire case against SB seems to be suspicious interaction with o4rfish; do you still think SB is scummy if o4rfish didn't exist, or is it completely linked to assuming o4rfish scum

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1757 on: March 14, 2020, 08:11:50 PM »
define Statement101
{
        The latter.
}
define Statement102
{
        Not going to lie, I completely forgot (sb) said that.
}
define Statement103
{
        Please, just let me stop thinking. I just want to mindlessly sheep cases and be done with it.
}
define Statement104
{
        To be honest, the fact that completely useless people like (ActionDan) exist completely kills my motivation to play this game.
}
define Statement105
{
        Like why even bother to join the game if all you're going to do is literally ruin it and grief the other players in it? I could direct this question specifically at (ActionDan) and it wouldn't matter because (ActionDan) would probably literally never see it. Just like how (ActionDan) probably hasn't bothered to even look at 95% of the posts in this thread.
}
define Statement106
{
        The worst part is that (ActionDan) is probably town because he's such a fire trucking useless piece of strawberries. And now I'm mad again. I'm going to try to reread later.
}
if (Reply #1756)
        cout <<(Statement101)
}
The latter.
if (Reply #1746)
{
        cout <<(Statement102)
        cout <<(Statement103)
}
Not going to lie, I completely forgot (sb) said that. Please, just let me stop thinking. I just want to mindlessly sheep cases and be done with it.
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Statement104)
        ask (Statement105)
        ask (Statement106)
}

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1758 on: March 14, 2020, 08:26:04 PM »
dan is guilty of doing this as town but he also hard lurks as scum too so it's not like he's 'probably town' because of it (and someone recently said that dan did exactly this on a recent game on one of the other mafia sites, as scum)

He does have a wagon on him currently ;D

Conqueror

« Reply #1759 on: March 14, 2020, 08:29:12 PM »
@Conqueror, Duskfall: Why are you so upset? It's Day 3. I assume both of you have played enough games to realise that two mislynches is never the end of the world - and three vanilla town in the graveyard isn't too terrible - so what's going on? Give me a sort of grumpiness check - Conq I assume you're gonna write a post like you said, but the ??? here still stands.
Short answer: because I'm not dead and the powers that be have decided that I have to play more of this strawberriesty game. i realized that i dont actually want to play mafia, i just want to spec or sub in late game and be right because my reads dont have to be tainted by "are people acting differently around me to make themselves harder to read based on the stuff ive said in game?"
Long answer: i'm 0 for 2 for flipped scumreads so far. being wrong on abu feels even worse if duskfall is actually scum and letting him live would have the game looking so different right now (although i guess there's the possibiliy abu would have vigged serela or prims and then im not sure if we'd actually be better off since i dont really scumread serela atm). but even if i was around at the end of day 1 when raikaria suddenly did the whole self-vote thing, im not sure if i would have even lynched him over abu because of that and not being sure about abu at all. and ofc this is even worse if raikaria was just playing us all and he was the correct lynch after all.
i could argue that i sorta came around on shadoweh at the end yesterday but that would be a lie because i was actually suspecting that duskfall and shadoweh were distancing scumbuddies and that's why i wanted to force her hand on the duskfall lynch. i also feel sorta responsible for the shadoweh lynch even though i didnt end up on it because i was one of the people who was pushing for it for a while. i like playing with shadoweh and her dying and flipping town sucks because i cant even laugh at her being dead scum or for having caught her in her first few posts.
anyway, either i was right on duskfall yesterday and fabloo hammered and switched before i could bury duskfall or i was wrong on duskfall and i'm 0 for 3. fun!

going to make a new post for d2 eod analysis. i had a post written asking duskfall what the fire truck he was thinking with his claim shenanigans because i felt it didn't make any sense with the mindset that he was saying he had, but that was cut off by the hammer and rewriting that is annoying too. that and there are just a bunch of minor things in this game that set me off but that probably just means i'm washed at mafia now and shouldn't be playing.

« Reply #1760 on: March 14, 2020, 08:32:41 PM »
Short answer: because I'm not dead and the powers that be have decided that I have to play more of this strawberriesty game. i realized that i dont actually want to play mafia, i just want to spec or sub in late game and be right because my reads dont have to be tainted by "are people acting differently around me to make themselves harder to read based on the stuff ive said in game?"

This is accurate and I didn't realise till now

Conqueror

« Reply #1761 on: March 14, 2020, 08:35:29 PM »
yeah dan lurking isn't indicative. but his eod2 was trolly and i find it weird that he was okay with voting on the duskfall wagon despite no one on there being a townread. well maybe it's not weird for dan showing up at the end of the day with the only other option being shadoweh but this is why i hate it when people just skip out on the majority of the day so they can just show up at deadline and be like...whoopsie do i dont like any wagons time to vote for the less bad one!!!
like seriously why do i even bother

« Reply #1762 on: March 14, 2020, 08:36:58 PM »
That post actually hit me in the feels I don't think conq scum feels the need to get so emotional at this point since he has some easy pushes without going that deep. Could be wrong but doesn't seem like conq would be atey as a player, especially not now. Which sucks because I was actually hoping conq would be scum ngl

Looks like this is a town eats itself game because rn I don't have the win to convince people I am town nor a confident scumread to push

Sorry conqy boy you are 0/3

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1763 on: March 14, 2020, 08:38:02 PM »
// @Serela: I'm just fire trucking mad. Like Dan is being a fire trucking piece of strawberries that doesn't have the goddamned courtesy to play the fire trucking game that he signed up for. If you're not going to fire trucking play Dan, don't fire trucking sign up. It's not a difficult concept to grasp. The fact that he's maintained this behaviour over the past 5 fire trucking years and has, apparently, been doing the same thing on other sites as well is clearly indicitative of his alignment as a worthless piece of human excrement.

//  Yeah I really need to step away.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1764 on: March 14, 2020, 08:39:15 PM »
// Indicative. I can't even fire trucking spell right now.

« Reply #1765 on: March 14, 2020, 08:39:35 PM »
Hot take dormio is potentially distancing Dan

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1766 on: March 14, 2020, 08:40:10 PM »
// I fire trucking said that Dan is probably town early Day 2.

« Reply #1767 on: March 14, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »
Me town cause my role pm

Conq town for above post

Nuxl town modspew

Nnr and someone else are masons

Oh wait was that dormio f

Oarfish is town because D1 purity and because mason pair were pushing him and they lived

« Reply #1768 on: March 14, 2020, 08:41:30 PM »
Raik town or goat scum for D1 so we go with town

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1769 on: March 14, 2020, 08:42:39 PM »
Smartbomb there's a lot of reasons why I'm tilted, getting wagoned by shadoweh who literally played anti town all game nas pretty much thunderdomed me for no reason, when I gave her literally every chance but she refused to reconsider me once I some of them.

Another one is the fact we have very little info considering the only wagons to have ever really been town (assuming raik is town) so scum haven't had to do anything, we have no real wagon info.

A third is the fact my reads have been wrong.

A fourth is that I keep tinfoiling nuxl and he has felt kinds scummy but he's pretty much modcleared.

A fifth is that there's no one I've really enjoyed solving with this game to be honest, and despite me believing to have formed a solid enough towncore, it's not getting reflected back and I'm not getting enough towncred, genuinely have no idea why I've ever been considered. Target on a real note.

Sixth: you mention that I should be used to games like this where it's not the end of the world. Yeah but town has no direction and no one seems to have good confident reads right now and whenever that happens it usually means scum is way ahead and that's making me tibfoil but tinfoiling is bad and against my pihlosophy

"oh duskfall might be town"

This is accurate and I didn't realise till now

"yeah this is a decent look"

Hot take dormio is potentially distancing Dan

"...i take it all back"