Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1057438 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1530 on: March 12, 2020, 07:34:39 PM »
I don't mine a suspicion on duskfall. I just think the angle she presented was disingenuous. You talked a bit about how people are building on expectations and I feel like this applies to what Shadoweh said was scummy about what duskfall did.

Btw conq what made you go from this to voting me with shadoweh, without me ever posting?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1531 on: March 12, 2020, 07:34:53 PM »
oh...can i just sheep dormio then tbh?? actually i'm very interested in seeing oarfish's reaction to this.  :)

Just because someone is town dosen't mean they are right.

See: me pushing Dormio for stuff regarding NNR, apparently. [I had train brain D:]

This is retarded but insanely towny and I haven't even read the post he quoted

I apply my face to my palm.

Maybe after the coronavirus forces everyone to stay home this game will pick up.

Yeah the more people are getting it the worse it is for my job.

Dormio is incorrect for today, those on him should move off

Now that NNR has reciprocated in some form to Dormio's crumbs [Seriously NNR it's been years you not voting Dormio is not a crumb] I concurr.

##unvote: Dormio

"guys I have like zero opinion on half of the players in this game so i'm fine with lynching all of them, we good now?"

rest of the game:"oh sure yeah let's go lynch the town mason instead"

0_0

---

Instead of quoting a bunch of stuff I'll just run down quick thoughts about my potential scumreads/concernreads in no particular order.

O4rfish - I'll be honest, I don't quite agree with the 'overly defensive' accusations thrown here, I feel there's been at least some amount of scumhunting here. Still; Dormio is almost certainly Town if what he/NNR claim is true, which makes a Scum!O4r entirely possible.

Refa - Something dosen't quite sit well with me on him. It's more I've not agreed with a lot of what he's said through the game in general; and there's also little statements like his 'I can sheep Dormio!' one. Not a big scumread, and even if it was I doubt I could swing this wagon today, but on my 'to re-read' list.

Zwerj - There really hasn't been a lot of use from him during D2 in general. Granted, the same could be said about me, except Zwedj hasn't actually said too much of use in general the entire game. There's a lot of fluff and nodding but not a lot of scumhunting.

Duskfall - I personally think his D2 is still superior to his D1, although the sudden pickup in his content when people are pushing him mirrors his behavior [Which I cased as being all 'me me me' D1!] when I cased him D1.

Shadoweh / Conq - At this point I'm fairly sure that one of them is scum. If I had to pick which I'd lynch first; it would be Shadoweh because her posts have seemed less useful overall. Conq has talked about and pushed things other than the Shadoweh Case, while shadoweh has just kind of... existed?

Problem is it's a coinflip. I'd say get a cop on one of these and sort it out D3; but I'm game for a Shadoweh lynch.

Niektory - At the point where I'd advocate a lurker lynch, this lack of scumhutnting and activity is generally... well... scummy.

ActionDan - See above, although me and AD have shared some opinions and AD has in general been more useful than Niektory.

---

Anyway; of the three wagons right now; while I can see potential scum flips from all three, my priority is Shadoweh > O4rfish >> Duskfall.

So [I know I'm gonna get stepped on for this]

##Vote: Shadoweh

I'll be around near deadline if required, although not 100% sure if exactly on deadline. Work is taking a lot out of me atm might not be able to stay up all the way. If this is the case I'll post saying so.

---

Also I'm gonna re-read some stuff while sorting out other IRL. Particularly regarding the 3 main wagons.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1532 on: March 12, 2020, 07:38:42 PM »
Vote Count 2.10

Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (5): Conqueror, NekoNekoRex, zwerdjib, Serela, Conqueror, Duskfall98, Nuxl, Fabloo, Refa, Conqueror, Duskfall98, Raikaria
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (4): Shadoweh, zwerdjib, Niektory, Conqueror, Shadoweh, Fabloo
O4rfish (Rumia) (3): NekoNekoRex, sb, Dormio Ergo Sum, NekoNekoRex, Shadoweh
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0): O4rfish, Raikaria
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0): Duskfall98
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0): Fabloo, Nuxl, Conqueror
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): Refa, Conqueror, Niektory
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Fabloo
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): NekoNekoRex, NekoNekoRex, O4rfish
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
Fabloo (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0):
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0): sb
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0):

Not voting (3): ActionDan, zwerdjib, O4rfish

with 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have just under 3 hours remaining.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

« Reply #1533 on: March 12, 2020, 07:42:43 PM »
I'm here now.

Refa, did you iso Shadoweh and Duskfall but not me?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1534 on: March 12, 2020, 07:44:20 PM »
define Statement90
{
        I'm just here to say that I know my activity has been really poor towards the second half of today, but I've been busy with some work related stuff.
}
define Statement91
{
        I still would like to see (O4rfish) lynched, nothing so far has really served to change my mind on (O4rfish).
}
define Statement92
{
        I also don't like how everyone is so easily giving (NekoNekoRex) and I a pass.
}
define Statement93
{
        Finally, I won't be around for deadline again due to me being at work at the time.
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Statement90)
        ask (Statement91)
        ask (Statement92)
        ask (Statement93)
}

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1535 on: March 12, 2020, 07:46:45 PM »
Duskfall, what are your scumreads? Doesn't matter if you're not confident. Shadoweh you as well.

« Reply #1536 on: March 12, 2020, 07:47:45 PM »
Bad play doesn't make me scum Dusk, neither does *squints* claiming Vanilla Day 1 which you also brought up as a charge against me? Also lol Refa brought up why I said you're not reading. Nuxl said he thinks he has a tell on you but that kind of thing is still a maybe compared to seeing you when you're on the spot.

Rairai I'm gonna squish your head. But have you read my latest posts ie Conq dragging me out of bed and forcing me to exist, I think that's an unfair accusation after posting that stuff.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1537 on: March 12, 2020, 07:49:15 PM »
Btw conq what made you go from this to voting me with shadoweh, without me ever posting?
Hard to quote on mobile but look back further in my iso m8. I asked nuxl about you dropping off massively since d1.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1538 on: March 12, 2020, 07:50:09 PM »
Popping in (didnt read up) to say dunno if I'll be here at deadline. Work is slavedrivin me due to virus scare
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #1539 on: March 12, 2020, 07:51:06 PM »
Legitimately if NNR and Dormio aren't going to be here and the three non-voters don't show up we might only have numbers to lynch Oarfish out of the active people here. <_<

Conqueror

« Reply #1540 on: March 12, 2020, 07:52:14 PM »
Quote from: Dormio Ergo Sum
        I also don't like how everyone is so easily giving (NekoNekoRex) and I a pass.
[/quote
you were hinting at it pretty obviously and you're not rawr/prims so doubt you'd pull this off as mafia. I mean, do you expect other people to grill you more on it?

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1541 on: March 12, 2020, 07:52:31 PM »
I hate to add to this dilemma but I won't be here for deadline either. I'm leaving in about 10 minutes.

« Reply #1542 on: March 12, 2020, 07:52:37 PM »
Duskfall, what are your scumreads? Doesn't matter if you're not confident. Shadoweh you as well.

Likeliest scum rn is shadoweh?? Dan idling isn't great from experience with him and he hasn't been super impressive in thread when he has been here as far as I can see, I think the poe is getting smaller so I wouldn't be hugely surprised if one of refa + sb was scum at least or niek but I don't specifically have a scumread on them outside of poe and wouldn't want to vote them today

« Reply #1543 on: March 12, 2020, 07:54:05 PM »
Hard to quote on mobile but look back further in my iso m8. I asked nuxl about you dropping off massively since d1.

Reason why I wasn't here was because I was out irl then I ran out of phone charge till I got home today and started posting btw

« Reply #1544 on: March 12, 2020, 07:55:18 PM »
Bad play doesn't make me scum Dusk, neither does *squints* claiming Vanilla Day 1 which you also brought up as a charge against me? Also lol Refa brought up why I said you're not reading. Nuxl said he thinks he has a tell on you but that kind of thing is still a maybe compared to seeing you when you're on the spot.

Rairai I'm gonna squish your head. But have you read my latest posts ie Conq dragging me out of bed and forcing me to exist, I think that's an unfair accusation after posting that stuff.

Stop playing bad then, you are meant to be a good player I'm not asking for you to be super active I am asking for you to be slightly decent when you are in thread, it is not much to ask

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1545 on: March 12, 2020, 07:55:41 PM »
I'm here now.

Refa, did you iso Shadoweh and Duskfall but not me?

Yes. I ISO'd Shadoweh because I was voting her and Duskfall because I said I would do it.

I'm curious, what do people think about Duskfall not knowing about the NNR thing? I feel like as scum, he probably would be aware of that? Like the three possibilities here are: 1) He's town and didn't notice 2) He's scum and faking it 3) His scumbuddies are inactive or his scumchat is like some strawberriesty ass Quicktopic instead of being a Discord chat). I don't think two is very likely because he'd have to expect someone to pick up on it and then townread him for it which is like...kind of a bad strategy, so juggling the other two options in my head.

Also not super excited about the next day with people being like "this random statement from Refa triggered me!".

Conqueror

« Reply #1546 on: March 12, 2020, 08:01:04 PM »
There are some players who are incapable of faking townslips but dusk seems smart enough to exploit it if possible given mentioned deliberately getting himself bussed for towncred in another game

I don't think two is very likely because he'd have to expect someone to pick up on it and then townread him for it which is like...kind of a bad strategy, so juggling the other two options in my head.
tbh this works if you're buddies with him

Conqueror

« Reply #1547 on: March 12, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »
Reason why I wasn't here was because I was out irl then I ran out of phone charge till I got home today and started posting btw
i guess that sucks if this is true but it's really frustrating how you and shadoweh both only started posting once you had big wagons on you.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1548 on: March 12, 2020, 08:03:14 PM »
define Statement94
{
        It's more that I find it weird that nobody is questioning it at all, especially given how many people were still pushing suspicion of (NekoNekoRex) and they're all willing to drop it just like that when neither (NekoNekoRex) or myself are confirmed to anyone else. This is something I need to think more about when I'm not busy with work.
}
if (Reply #1540)
{
        cout <<(Statement94)
}
It's more that I find it weird that nobody is questioning it at all, especially given how many people were still pushing suspicion of NekoNekoRex and they're all willing to drop it just like that when neither NekoNekoRex or myself are confirmed to anyone else. This is something I need to think more about when I'm not busy with work.

« Reply #1549 on: March 12, 2020, 08:04:28 PM »
Is this your first game of mafia?
Yes.
My second question is that have you read all the pages?
Most of them. I've skimmed through some. And haven't got to the last 5 yet.
i still don't really know why you get to where you're at niek. i think after reading that i'm just confused
Well, that makes two of us! ^^;

« Reply #1550 on: March 12, 2020, 08:05:04 PM »
i guess that sucks if this is true but it's really frustrating how you and shadoweh both only started posting once you had big wagons on you.

Every time I have been in thread I have spamposted though

« Reply #1551 on: March 12, 2020, 08:06:08 PM »
Likeliest scum rn is shadoweh?? Dan idling isn't great from experience with him and he hasn't been super impressive in thread when he has been here as far as I can see, I think the poe is getting smaller so I wouldn't be hugely surprised if one of refa + sb was scum at least or niek but I don't specifically have a scumread on them outside of poe and wouldn't want to vote them today
But you don't think I'm scum and only voted me to consolidate wagons? You've definitely accused me of being a bad dumb idiot, which as an Idiot Maiden I fully agree with, but changing it into me being the most likely scum is a bit of a stretch. Good player is a terrible accusation, I think I've become quite terrible at forum mafia tbh. I'm happy though, I feel like I'm remembering how to post again.

Refa I think tomorrow has to basically be dedicated to sorting you and SB one way or another, so get ready for that.

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #1552 on: March 12, 2020, 08:08:22 PM »
There are some players who are incapable of faking townslips but dusk seems smart enough to exploit it if possible given mentioned deliberately getting himself bussed for towncred in another game
tbh this works if you're buddies with him

I think the weird thing is it's like...not a hard townslip? Like the person needs to read it as more likely to come from town than for it to be like "yeah scum would never post it" sort of thing. I don't think faking it has as much benefit but I guess as scum, it'd be a pretty low risk thing to post? I think I'm being dumb.

fire trucking read scumchat Conq, you're supposed to mention this AFTER the Duskfall bus.

@Dormio- I don't get why that's scummy. If someone I'm scumreading is basically confirmed town, I'm going to drop it.

Conqueror

« Reply #1553 on: March 12, 2020, 08:09:39 PM »
Every time I have been in thread I have spamposted though
i mean you spampost as mafia too. Was thinking more in terms of thread presence, pushing lynches in a way that isn't just driving by and plopping a vote down with minimum pressure, stuff like that.

« Reply #1554 on: March 12, 2020, 08:10:23 PM »
But you don't think I'm scum and only voted me to consolidate wagons? You've definitely accused me of being a bad dumb idiot, which as an Idiot Maiden I fully agree with, but changing it into me being the most likely scum is a bit of a stretch. Good player is a terrible accusation, I think I've become quite terrible at forum mafia tbh. I'm happy though, I feel like I'm remembering how to post again.

Refa I think tomorrow has to basically be dedicated to sorting you and SB one way or another, so get ready for that.

1) I think it was clear I was willing to vote you for a while by my play most of d2, sure I don't think you are lock scum but with how badly you have been posting I believe you are the likeliest player in the game to flip scum right now

2) Even if you have gotten worse I don't think anyone believes that you have gotten bottom tier lhf level

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #1555 on: March 12, 2020, 08:10:53 PM »

I hate defending myself. I'm going to hire Nuxl as my attorney. Serela can be my Maizono. Nothing can possibly go wrong with this setup.

« Reply #1556 on: March 12, 2020, 08:11:38 PM »
Refa trying to say I am townslipping is making me townread him more

« Reply #1557 on: March 12, 2020, 08:11:47 PM »
I uh, didn't expect this from Duskfall but self-meta and game theory as a defense doesn't really do anything for me? Honestly I just asked the question because I wanted to get a better read on you because I thought Refa's case sounded convincing but the lack of scumreads after calling out Shadoweh for not solving is kinda weird, especially when Shadoweh had posted her attempt at a solve on the previous page?

In general it sounds like Duskfall is scumreading Shadoweh but still refuses to call it a scumreads so uh I'm a bit confused. Recent events have also made me a bit less sure part of why I townread him before but uhh, it's claim dependent honestly.

it's...adequate i guess? Dont really have strong feelings about them but hoping they'll be easier to solve with more posts since it seems like they're not going to be a target for today

Mmk. Has your read settled on Shadoweh now? If it has, can you walk me through it?

@Dormio I'm 99% sure that if you're fakeclaiming Masons it'll be clear when massclaim happens so I'm not worrying about it for now.

I'll be back around in <1 hour and should be here until phase end. Would rather lynch Duskfall over Shadoweh but my preference is still Oarfish, it feels like they froze a bit after the Mason reveal.

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #1558 on: March 12, 2020, 08:13:43 PM »
Getting food just finished my midterm

« Reply #1559 on: March 12, 2020, 08:13:59 PM »
i mean you spampost as mafia too. Was thinking more in terms of thread presence, pushing lynches in a way that isn't just driving by and plopping a vote down with minimum pressure, stuff like that.

I think my thread presence is satisfactory tbh, idk about pushing lynches, being on dan I can see why you would think it is not great but I would like dan to actually play considering I have experience with him