Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1056916 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1470 on: March 12, 2020, 04:11:38 PM »
I'm not really sold? Zeep's D1 is unmemorable to me (weird with his postcount) but I haven't liked his D2 stuff. He's still around to post enough to remind us he's there but hasn't really done anything since he got a pass from most of the playerlist.

Are you just null? I feel like his solving isn't terrible it's just not that great either, and maybe he is being overlooked? He definitely is making pushes and giving reads from what I have seen, just I dunno if people are following them.

« Reply #1471 on: March 12, 2020, 04:13:19 PM »
Like if you compare zwerd to shadoweh, I think he definitely has had more in thread impact and actually tries more with his reads, like all his pushes to me feel like he believes them, not that he is just placing a vote down because it is easy or w/e

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1472 on: March 12, 2020, 04:15:12 PM »
I'm townreading Zeep too (partially for that post you linked), but what the actual fire truck are his pushes? At best, Zeep has claimed to be suspicious of people and never followed up on them.

« Reply #1473 on: March 12, 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
I don't have a strong suspicion on him but it feels like he's mostly just responding to people without pushing much on his own. I can only remember him making one other push aside from the thing you quoted today. It feels weird that he dropped off so much and is just getting a pass for it.

« Reply #1474 on: March 12, 2020, 04:20:04 PM »
The last few pages overall have been huge question marks for me that I can't get my head around properly, especially wrt Niek because their post is definitely within newb!scum range and there have been wagons on all of Niek/Shadoweh/Duskfall that just appear out of nowhere. Gamestate feels whack.

« Reply #1475 on: March 12, 2020, 04:20:50 PM »
Duskfall, where would you be voting now if not Dan?

« Reply #1476 on: March 12, 2020, 04:22:38 PM »
Conq, opinions on Niek's response to your pressure vote?

« Reply #1477 on: March 12, 2020, 04:28:55 PM »
Duskfall, where would you be voting now if not Dan?

Shadoweh I guess? She hasn't tried solve at all yet even when shes online

« Reply #1478 on: March 12, 2020, 04:30:29 PM »
I'm townreading Zeep too (partially for that post you linked), but what the actual fire truck are his pushes? At best, Zeep has claimed to be suspicious of people and never followed up on them.

I mean you don't have to tunnel someone to push them, what defines a push is kinda vague to be fair. Do you think he has been too passive in regards to how he pushes?

« Reply #1479 on: March 12, 2020, 04:40:01 PM »
If you could respond to Refa's case on you Tommy that'd be cool. I don't really get how you arrived at scum Shadoweh with your previous posts?

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #1480 on: March 12, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »
I mean you don't have to tunnel someone to push them, what defines a push is kinda vague to be fair. Do you think he has been too passive in regards to how he pushes?

I don't think he's been pushing people at all (I just define it as casing them or repeatedly finding issue with/confronting). I don't think passive is the right word, it's more like...nonconfrontational.

If you could respond to Refa's case on you Tommy that'd be cool. I don't really get how you arrived at scum Shadoweh with your previous posts?

I don't really care about responding to the case; what I really want to know Tommy is your thought process behind your votes.

« Reply #1481 on: March 12, 2020, 04:56:04 PM »
My scumreads are significantly less confident than my townreads so im mostly voting for the sake of poe, I don't think I am the only person like that either tbh

« Reply #1482 on: March 12, 2020, 05:02:47 PM »
Refa I vote people for lots of reasons btw

Including: pressure, scumreading, reaction testing etc, My playstyle can probably be defined as using my vote as a weapon, that is what town should do because it gets you the best results. As a side noteI find it tedious to right out cases and don't enjoy it, I am more than able to right reasoning for every vote I just...dont. I don't think it really proves anything if I wrote a reasoning or not anyways, if someone asks me why I can answer it detail, I always have been able to always will. I've said before I enjoy interacting in thread rather than super long talking to myself posts that people aren't bothered to read but will make me look townier for being able to write a lot.

I feel like most people are aware that I can write posts with long detailed reasoning if I need to, I could make up that same reasoning if I need to also. I am more than capable of creating fake reasoning even if I was scum. So my question to you is, do you think my voting is scummy because i can't create reasons for who I vote, or do you just find it annoying there is no reasoning there?

« Reply #1483 on: March 12, 2020, 05:06:10 PM »
My main reasoning for not hard pushing anyone today is this though: I have no strong scumreads, I am placing my vote where I think it will be best but there is no one I am super confident is scum which is why I am lynching in poe and trying to form a towncore. I think I have learned from experience that one of the worst things town can do is try force a read they simply don't have. Yes I could try tunnel shadoweh or nnr or whoever but I don't think they are obvscum or w/e, they are just more likely scum for not being in my towncore, because I believe those people are town.

Me saying OH MY GOD OBVSCUM LYNCH NOW doesn't help anyone, because truthfully, these players could be town. If I am not confindent in a read you won't find me fighting for it

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #1484 on: March 12, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »
Refa I vote people for lots of reasons btw

Including: pressure, scumreading, reaction testing etc, My playstyle can probably be defined as using my vote as a weapon, that is what town should do because it gets you the best results. As a side noteI find it tedious to right out cases and don't enjoy it, I am more than able to right reasoning for every vote I just...dont. I don't think it really proves anything if I wrote a reasoning or not anyways, if someone asks me why I can answer it detail, I always have been able to always will. I've said before I enjoy interacting in thread rather than super long talking to myself posts that people aren't bothered to read but will make me look townier for being able to write a lot.

I feel like most people are aware that I can write posts with long detailed reasoning if I need to, I could make up that same reasoning if I need to also. I am more than capable of creating fake reasoning even if I was scum. So my question to you is, do you think my voting is scummy because i can't create reasons for who I vote, or do you just find it annoying there is no reasoning there?

Fair enough for the first part.

It's the reasoning coming retroactively that bothers me, I'd say. Also stealing some logic from the person I'm voting here (always a winning strategy) but I'm not really getting a great read out of you tonally, which doesn't help. I'm not sure what to make of this last post but sometimes you don't respond to the cases on you which, at the very least, doesn't really help my read on you.

My main reasoning for not hard pushing anyone today is this though: I have no strong scumreads, I am placing my vote where I think it will be best but there is no one I am super confident is scum which is why I am lynching in poe and trying to form a towncore. I think I have learned from experience that one of the worst things town can do is try force a read they simply don't have. Yes I could try tunnel shadoweh or nnr or whoever but I don't think they are obvscum or w/e, they are just more likely scum for not being in my towncore, because I believe those people are town.

Me saying OH MY GOD OBVSCUM LYNCH NOW doesn't help anyone, because truthfully, these players could be town. If I am not confindent in a read you won't find me fighting for it

This part's fair though.

You think NNR is more likely scum?

« Reply #1485 on: March 12, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »
I think I am always tonally scummy it is just how I am playing mafia but obviously that means little to you

« Reply #1486 on: March 12, 2020, 05:39:07 PM »
I don't really have a good read on nnr tbh, they seem like complete newb lhf to me from what i have seen

« Reply #1487 on: March 12, 2020, 05:41:50 PM »
Also with regards to responding to cases on me I don't know how much it matters because if someone responds to cases on them people say "omg over defensive" if they dont respond people say "wow ignoring" so regardless just seems like people always have a problem with how someone reacts to cases on themselves, it is unavoidable imo. But I have ignored people voting me in the past a lot as town, so the meta is there.

« Reply #1488 on: March 12, 2020, 06:05:23 PM »
I wasn't being voted a lot when I posted yesterday afternoon. It just seems that way because Conqueror keeps poking me  >:(
I assure you my posting times are completely random and based on whether the idea of posting in mafia makes me anxious enough to browse Reddit for another hour or not.

Shadoweh I guess? She hasn't tried solve at all yet even when shes online
Weird because I'm doing exactly what you've been proporting to be doing "trying to make towncore and lynch in poe", I'd think you'd identify with that. Unless you mean not trying to solve -you- which is true because I just think you're scum. I mean.. you're very clearly not reading the thread lmao

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1489 on: March 12, 2020, 06:06:00 PM »
A lot of what you're saying right now Dusk just seems convenient. I don't know what you're trying to imply by saying you don't like responding to cases or have ignored the people voting you, especially when you just responded to Refa. You might have not directly responded in the same way others have, but a lot of your content always seems to come either half-heartedly or suddenly because people are trying to understand your motives.

« Reply #1490 on: March 12, 2020, 06:08:18 PM »
I wasn't being voted a lot when I posted yesterday afternoon. It just seems that way because Conqueror keeps poking me  >:(
I assure you my posting times are completely random and based on whether the idea of posting in mafia makes me anxious enough to browse Reddit for another hour or not.
Weird because I'm doing exactly what you've been proporting to be doing "trying to make towncore and lynch in poe", I'd think you'd identify with that. Unless you mean not trying to solve -you- which is true because I just think you're scum. I mean.. you're very clearly not reading the thread lmao

I am very clearly reading the thread

Fabloo

« Reply #1491 on: March 12, 2020, 06:09:25 PM »
Being unsure is one thing, but nothing to me has suggested that you are unsure. It's just a weird feeling.  Who are you trying to fool?

« Reply #1492 on: March 12, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »
A lot of what you're saying right now Dusk just seems convenient. I don't know what you're trying to imply by saying you don't like responding to cases or have ignored the people voting you, especially when you just responded to Refa. You might have not directly responded in the same way others have, but a lot of your content always seems to come either half-heartedly or suddenly because people are trying to understand your motives.

What's convenient? I always said I reply to things people ask me or when people interact with me, I have said that is my preferred way to play multiple times and I prefer talking to people in thread rather than talking to myself writing essays

« Reply #1493 on: March 12, 2020, 06:10:35 PM »
Being unsure is one thing, but nothing to me has suggested that you are unsure. It's just a weird feeling.  Who are you trying to fool?

No one, I have been completely honest I am not really sure what you are trying to get at here

« Reply #1494 on: March 12, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »
I don't really need to argue about how I play here because plenty of people in this game have played with me and have experience so they would just call me out if I am lying, it is not convenient it is a fact this is how I play

Fabloo

« Reply #1495 on: March 12, 2020, 06:14:09 PM »
What's convenient? I always said I reply to things people ask me or when people interact with me, I have said that is my preferred way to play multiple times and I prefer talking to people in thread rather than talking to myself writing essays

I don't really care what your preferred way to play is. I'm not sure why you think I do. If I were to break it down simply I don't think you're scumhunting.

« Reply #1496 on: March 12, 2020, 06:15:27 PM »
Shadoweh
Early on you voted Conq because he was playing to his scum meta (then townread him off of his reaction) and then voted Prims because he was pinged by your convo with Conq. You're townreading Dormio/Oarfish/Raikaria (Oarfish is interesting because you put him in the PoE later), and later vote Duskfall for the shoot thing. This reasoning is fair, but then he immediately reneges on it when he thinks he caught Raikaria in a scumslip and even later doesn't want to lynch Abu. This is why your case bothers me, because it feels like you stuck to the initial case (which was fine) but didn't really reevaluate it even when there was contradictory strawberries. Also even if Duskfall is scum there are more scum what would you do if Duskfall flipped scum?! Please at least look at the people on your PoE, if nothing else. I don't get why Oarfish is in your PoE (you said Serela was scum and he's there too but I assumed that was a joke??). I don't get the thought progression from thinking Oarfish was town to having him as a null read to being totally okay with voting him.
I suppose you could say it isn't something Duskfall did after, I think getting off of Abu when the push on him was so strong that Abu was the only wagon for awhile doesn't make me think he's less responsible, the original intent was scummy enough. But it's also not just what Duskfall did, rather if Dusk was town I think the push on Rai would have been stronger because scum would WANT an extra town to die. The mechanical situation hasn't changed.

Idr townreading Oarfish honestly. He's been doing weird things like asking why there can't be 5 scum and like, he's played mafia enough times he should probably know when lylo happens <_< I don't have a scumread on him though. Maybe I'm taking too much after Conq and wanting to make his self-defeatest 'im getting lynched today' come true because it came out of nowhere.

Oh Serela is definitely town now, he's not in poe at all. Serela town in LYLO incoming... :maxfear:

Hey I don't mean to bother y'all but I'm p sure deadline is really soon so if you could GET OFF ME that'd really help my game. Three people not voting when we have majority lynches only...

« Reply #1497 on: March 12, 2020, 06:16:26 PM »
I don't really care what your preferred way to play is. I'm not sure why you think I do. If I were to break it down simply I don't think you're scumhunting.

You are correct I have not been scumhunting today

Fabloo

« Reply #1498 on: March 12, 2020, 06:16:36 PM »
I mean, I definitely take chance with someone who is ready to defend her scumread than someone who continues to have every excuse for not having one.

##Vote: Duskfall98

« Reply #1499 on: March 12, 2020, 06:20:00 PM »
I mean, I definitely take chance with someone who is ready to defend her scumread than someone who continues to have every excuse for not having one.

##Vote: Duskfall98

Sorry i don't have the answers you want to hear, but no one else does either and I will take standing by a long list of good townreads over someone tunneling a bad scumread all game and doing nothing else

Shadoweh has vote parked all game, claimed vt day 1 and not tried reconsider her read on me once thats not pro town