Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1056915 times)

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1380 on: March 12, 2020, 03:23:30 AM »
Vote Count 2.6

O4rfish (Rumia) (3): NekoNekoRex, sb, Dormio Ergo Sum, NekoNekoRex
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (3): Fabloo, Nuxl, Conqueror
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (2): O4rfish, Raikaria
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (2): Refa, Conqueror, Niektory
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (1): Conqueror, NekoNekoRex, zwerdjib, Serela, Conqueror, Duskfall98
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (1): Duskfall98
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (1): Shadoweh, zwerdjib
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Fabloo
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): NekoNekoRex, NekoNekoRex, O4rfish
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
Fabloo (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0):
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0): sb
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0):

Not voting (2): ActionDan, zwerdjib

with 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have a bit over 19 hours remaining remaining.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #1381 on: March 12, 2020, 03:26:11 AM »
Dormio is incorrect for today, those on him should move off

dont really have any insanely strong pings but people should probably shift their votes elsewhere. i think solving by poe is absolutely possible given dormio's claim is true because i still like my townreads

god maj is lame because you're moving pressure off of one person to another

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1382 on: March 12, 2020, 03:30:53 AM »
I mean that's definitely something mafia do all the time, not every scumbag blows at the hint of resistance. That said it's not why I find her scummy since town can do it too.
Are you saying you think she's town because of it?

I'm hoping she is. My opinion of her essentially sits where it was in my catchup. She made a vote I agreed upon.  I think her being belligerent is not indicative of alignment at all. Other than that I find her just as readable as Serela, where their posts are very flowery. Last thing I remembered about Shadoweh when it came to you was saying she's normally better than this. Other characterizations I might've missed. It feels like we're just weighing our options on people percievably playing bad or not playing at all. I don't really agree with this but if trimming the fight causes people to agree on something then I'd vote anyone as long as there was committment.

The game to me right now is split in halves, maybe even quarters. We do a lot of talking but I think a lot of it comes off as mandatory. People doing busywork because of a status quo. I've seen Refa about three times now and it's almost like I'm townreading him for apathy.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1383 on: March 12, 2020, 03:35:26 AM »
god maj is lame because you're moving pressure off of one person to another
playing on a site with maj probably heavily affected my playstyle wrt how i approach lynches and pushing people. sometimes i wonder how i would play if i played on mostly plurality sites.

I guess that's a fair assessment Fabloo. Even though there are so many posts the level of engagement in this game feels really low so it's hard for me to get a grasp on people but that's expected when most people don't play anymore.

Conqueror

« Reply #1384 on: March 12, 2020, 03:39:39 AM »
We do a lot of talking but I think a lot of it comes off as mandatory. People doing busywork because of a status quo.
Good quote tbh. People should do less talking and more voting.  ;) Chop chop.

Fabloo

« Reply #1385 on: March 12, 2020, 03:43:15 AM »
My problem with lynching in people playing bad or not playing sets a bad precedent. Even worse when there's a possibility scum is setting the standard as well. Do I think that's happening? Unsure. I don't even think bad is proper here, I think there are many people that are being insufficient. I don't expect or even want gold standard play though. My problem I have is that I'm kinda rusty myself and I feel everyone is building upon expectations and it's just sorta crumbling down. ORfish and Dormio have spent the majority of their time hating one another and eventually Dormio just gave up and claimed PR. What I would hope to happen is everyone just drops their defenses or stops using expectation to dislike someone. I may be different due to not having previous experience with some of the players on here, but I do definitely feel like some moments you reads built upon this.

Nuxl

« Reply #1386 on: March 12, 2020, 03:48:18 AM »
My problem with lynching in people playing bad or not playing sets a bad precedent. Even worse when there's a possibility scum is setting the standard as well. Do I think that's happening? Unsure. I don't even think bad is proper here, I think there are many people that are being insufficient. I don't expect or even want gold standard play though. My problem I have is that I'm kinda rusty myself and I feel everyone is building upon expectations and it's just sorta crumbling down. ORfish and Dormio have spent the majority of their time hating one another and eventually Dormio just gave up and claimed PR. What I would hope to happen is everyone just drops their defenses or stops using expectation to dislike someone. I may be different due to not having previous experience with some of the players on here, but I do definitely feel like some moments you reads built upon this.

Some?   ;)

Conqueror

« Reply #1387 on: March 12, 2020, 03:48:26 AM »
Last thing I remembered about Shadoweh when it came to you was saying she's normally better than this. Other characterizations I might've missed.
I guess I wanted to talk more about this while it was fresh on my mind. You're not wrong that my read on her is based on how we've played together in the past. When we're both town we've tried to solve each other (for me, it's because I solve better when I have someone to bounce ideas off of that I can trust). The way she's stonewalled me here reminds me of games where she's been mafia and tried to stall while under suspicion (since I just reread urist fortress mafia last night, that's a good example of what I was thinking of.) But I guess it's possible she's just lost her flame for mafia and just plays like this now. I don't know.

Fabloo

« Reply #1388 on: March 12, 2020, 03:50:21 AM »
I guess I wanted to talk more about this while it was fresh on my mind. You're not wrong that my read on her is based on how we've played together in the past. When we're both town we've tried to solve each other (for me, it's because I solve better when I have someone to bounce ideas off of that I can trust). The way she's stonewalled me here reminds me of games where she's been mafia and tried to stall while under suspicion (since I just reread urist fortress mafia last night, that's a good example of what I was thinking of.) But I guess it's possible she's just lost her flame for mafia and just plays like this now. I don't know.

Do you just not find her suspicion on Duskfall valid? Her complaints?

Conqueror

« Reply #1389 on: March 12, 2020, 03:54:17 AM »
Do you just not find her suspicion on Duskfall valid? Her complaints?
I don't mine a suspicion on duskfall. I just think the angle she presented was disingenuous. You talked a bit about how people are building on expectations and I feel like this applies to what Shadoweh said was scummy about what duskfall did.

Fabloo

« Reply #1390 on: March 12, 2020, 03:56:18 AM »
Fair enough. I think I'm fine with compromise at this point. I can see you're close to that as well hence you're voting Niek. I think I would also be alright just lynching ORfish. Once Dormio said he was a PR he kinda just shut up entirely.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1391 on: March 12, 2020, 04:00:11 AM »
I want to spite Dormio's strawberriescode so I am going to badly code in the strawberriestiest coding language I can think of: BYOND.
Code: [Select]
mafia/kilgamayan/neoforum/code/modules/players/living/o4rfish/scum
    name = "O4rfish"
    icon = 'icons/players/avatars.dm'
    icon_state = "o4rfish"
    alignment = SCUM
    outside_contact = TRUE
    has_night_kill = TRUE

players/living/o4rfish/scum/initialize()
    initialize_scumteam()
    var/datum/alignment/scum = new
    add(src.scumteam)
    get(players_in_scumteam)
    QT.grant(src)

players/living/o4rfish/scum/proc/vote
    if(!day)
        return

check.votecount()
        if(...)

votecount(player.with.votes)
       if(votes > players/3)
        vote.P
        lurk(src)

votecount(!daytime.minutes =+5)
        find(player.with.most.votes)
        vote.P

else
        players/living/o4rfish/scum/proc/argue(initialize)

players/living/o4rfish/scum/proc/argue
    if(is.living.player && voting.me = TRUE)
    generate.bad.argument
    proc/vote(initialize)
        vote.P

if(is.living.player || voting.me = TRUE)
    generate.read
    if(alignment = TOWN && read.alignment(!src) = TOWN)
    generate.bad.argument
    mislead.town
    get.read(SCUM)

else
         lurk(src)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1392 on: March 12, 2020, 04:01:22 AM »
that took far longer than it should have

tldr: oarfish is a good wagon to be on
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #1393 on: March 12, 2020, 04:02:54 AM »
tbh i've been avoiding rereading oarfish because i didnt want to read that entire back and forth between oarfish and dormio.

do you have a summary for the lazy? don't give me a post-by-post or anything because my mind will glaze over.

Fabloo

« Reply #1394 on: March 12, 2020, 04:05:59 AM »
tbh i've been avoiding rereading oarfish because i didnt want to read that entire back and forth between oarfish and dormio.

do you have a summary for the lazy? don't give me a post-by-post or anything because my mind will glaze over.

A reenactment would go someting like this:

Dormio - You suck
ORfish - You suck more. Mafia want to me suck though.
Dormio - Yes, but you still suck
ORfish - Okay, Maybe I do suck, but you suck for thinking I suck.
Dormio - You suck, again
ORfish - Everyone voting me for sucking is scum.
Dormio - This is annoying me. I claim PR. You suck even harder.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1395 on: March 12, 2020, 04:09:11 AM »
My head is at: everyone is scum.
People who defend me are scum.
People who attack me are scum.
People who lurk are scum.
I think this quote is the most telling one of oarfish's constant state this game.

has oarfish ever actually made a strong town read? I'm pretty sure he hasn't, and I'd like to think he's scum keeping his options open.
All his votes have been either lazy or hopping on extremely town-reading players (Dormio) with pretty terrible arguments.

« Reply #1396 on: March 12, 2020, 04:17:48 AM »
I personally wouldn't ever bother to read Dormio's strawberriescode for "stumbles"

It doesn't even compile.
I give you +5 catness points for this post.

niek, what are your current thoughts on the game? can you talk a bit more about your serela vote?
I'm still having serious trouble separating signal from noise. But I'll try.
Now that I think about it there probably wasn't that much reason for scum to push hard for Abu lynch unless either Raikaria or Duskfall98 was scum. So the Serela vote was weak and it's probably better to focus on those two.
Raikaria seems town. I'm not feeling super strongly about Duskfall98's alignment but his flip could give us some idea regarding the Day 1 votes. Plus I do kind of want to carry out the late Abu's will!

##Unvote: Serela
##Vote: Duskfall98

I'm going to believe the Dormio/NNR town confirmation for now.

Also, speaking of crumbs, wasn't Nuxl also posting cryptic things about his "jobs" early in the game? Probably nothing but I might just as well throw it out there.

We should probably declare who's going to be present at the deadline to reduce the end of day chaos. I should be there.

Going to sleep now.

Nuxl

« Reply #1397 on: March 12, 2020, 04:21:20 AM »
I give you +5 catness points for this post.
I'm still having serious trouble separating signal from noise. But I'll try.
Now that I think about it there probably wasn't that much reason for scum to push hard for Abu lynch unless either Raikaria or Duskfall98 was scum. So the Serela vote was weak and it's probably better to focus on those two.
Raikaria seems town. I'm not feeling super strongly about Duskfall98's alignment but his flip could give us some idea regarding the Day 1 votes. Plus I do kind of want to carry out the late Abu's will!

##Unvote: Serela
##Vote: Duskfall98

I'm going to believe the Dormio/NNR town confirmation for now.

Also, speaking of crumbs, wasn't Nuxl also posting cryptic things about his "jobs" early in the game? Probably nothing but I might just as well throw it out there.

We should probably declare who's going to be present at the deadline to reduce the end of day chaos. I should be there.

Going to sleep now.

Is this your first game of mafia?

My second question is that have you read all the pages?

Nuxl

« Reply #1398 on: March 12, 2020, 04:24:58 AM »
i still don't really know why you get to where you're at niek. i think after reading that i'm just confused

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1399 on: March 12, 2020, 04:39:05 AM »
I'm watching as the serious interest in a Shadoweh wagon seems to be dissolving into thin air, and I'm like, W H Y?

I don't intend to vote anyone else though so :shrug: I don't particularily care what other people do, I'm going to slam a Duskfall vote down every day and leave until people stop making excuses and lynch him. Or kill me for no reason I guess? Why would you think I don't have preferences when the only thing I posted is a readslist?
I MEAN LOOK AT THIS. Shadoweh stated earlier today she's not even really reading the game, she's just gonna be voteparking dusk and leaving, and that's what she's proceeded to do. I would like to draw attention to the "readslist" she posted, which is the one piece of content she made today beyond saying "Duskfall not wanting Abu to shoot him is scummy, he should have taken the bullet so Abu could look town" (which abu still wouldn't have but I've said that 10 times)

This is the readslist. This is the only thing Shadoweh's done beyond say "I'm voteparking dusk for not committing suicide." Yes, this is what Shadoweh's referencing when she said "Guys, why are you saying I don't have reads, I have you a list of people I'm happy to lynch!" Yes, half of the game that you've literally never mentioned outside this list, provided not even the vaguest thoughts on IN this list, and THEY'RE LISTED UNDER "Who else is in this game" ON THE LIST.

SHADOWEH IS LITERALLY PARADING HER SCUMMINESS AROUND AND SASSING US ABOUT IT WHILE DOING LITERALLY NOTHING ALL DAY

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1400 on: March 12, 2020, 04:43:27 AM »
"guys I have like zero opinion on half of the players in this game so i'm fine with lynching all of them, we good now?"

rest of the game:"oh sure yeah let's go lynch the town mason instead"

Nuxl

« Reply #1401 on: March 12, 2020, 04:45:20 AM »
"guys I have like zero opinion on half of the players in this game so i'm fine with lynching all of them, we good now?"

rest of the game:"oh sure yeah let's go lynch the town mason instead"

?

Fabloo

« Reply #1402 on: March 12, 2020, 04:45:47 AM »
Nobody can keep a secret this game lmao.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1403 on: March 12, 2020, 04:46:24 AM »
?
sorry maybe it would have been clearer if I had put "shadoweh:" before the first line there

Nuxl

« Reply #1404 on: March 12, 2020, 04:46:37 AM »
##unvote

##vote shadoweh

Fabloo

« Reply #1405 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:09 AM »
You know what?

##Vote: Shadoweh

I keep thinking Duskfall can be scum but who knows bussing can exist in these games. I think Niek's input is alright and I'm coming around to just voting here anyways.

Nuxl

« Reply #1406 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:47 AM »
sorry maybe it would have been clearer if I had put "shadoweh:" before the first line there

You know what I meant. I feel like who you're referring to is really important here but I also don't think I should ask.

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1407 on: March 12, 2020, 04:47:52 AM »
I was going to vote Niek until their catch up post and now I dunno, don't really want too. Basically my issue with her that I haven't been mentioning is that it felt like she was only making votes on popular wagons despite apparently not keeping up with the game which seemed disingenuous and made me think she was being coached TBH. Don't really get that impression from the last post. Like, I still don't feel good about the slot, but also I don't want to lynch it.

I've seen Refa about three times now and it's almost like I'm townreading him for apathy.

That's the dream, isn't it?

Nuxl

« Reply #1408 on: March 12, 2020, 04:49:03 AM »
You know what I meant. I feel like who you're referring to is really important here but I also don't think I should ask.

Ignore this post

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1409 on: March 12, 2020, 04:49:10 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Shadoweh

This could be fun. BTW, if Shadoweh is scum I'm going to have to lay claim to all of the town credit guys (well, no, Serela can have some too).