Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1057263 times)

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1260 on: March 11, 2020, 04:27:24 PM »
if your answer to the passive question was no then more often than not dusk is town

Nuxl

« Reply #1261 on: March 11, 2020, 04:32:48 PM »
Btw fabloo was asking about how I play, I don't like big long wall posts I usually solve by having conversations in thread which people usually havent been alone with me to do often.

I've no problem explaining things when people ask why but big long cases just aren't my thing unless I'm hard tunneling someone

he says as he makes a big long wall post

also im not underselling it i literally said a bunch of people were easier than you please get your dick out of your mouth

Nuxl

« Reply #1262 on: March 11, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »
Oarfish, I literally picked your name as a third in the first quote because you were a talking point aka high chance of being dead before endgame and also probably not likely to talk a lot to Shadoweh out of game to get her posting. The second list is literally the three most voted players of the day (so uh, no, you are a major wagon at this point). Scum will behave differently if there are multiple members of their team under pressure compared to just themselves (it’s hard to ignore other major wagons and you need to decide if you are bussing or not).
Also: I said that I reread and talked about why my read on you changed. If you don’t think you’re a major wagon that I can push (1194) then why would I want to do this as scum?

@Nuxl the games I’m talking about are Omerta(?) and Idolmaster, not looking for likks on phone). Also, townlean on you. I don’t think your posts have gotten worse, there are just less of them.

Does scum!Shadoweh kill the person who she was scumreading who also wasn’t scumreading her if she wants to keep playing contrarian? I feel like its counterproductive becsuse honestly Prims would’ve been the perfect vote for that because he was active enough to post but not hyperactive. Idk, too many things don’t match up for scum!Shadoweh imo.

@Conq wrt Serela I don’t think he’s going for the “reevaluate later” approach because 1) He has already pulled it once and it’d look weird if he did it again 2) I don’t think he actually benefits from Shadoweh’s flip regardless of alignment.

Have more to say but gotta dash.

There tends to be more than one scum on a given team, sb.

Sometimes teams operate under a level 1 kill. Don't actually think what you're saying can be tied to the NK.

Nuxl

« Reply #1263 on: March 11, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »
Townbros rn are: me nuxl conq fabloo raik and oarfish

I think zwerd is likely town but not quite towncore

I think shadoweh and serela is never svs, maybe one of them is but I'm not sure I want to resolve it today it could just be a town slapfight. Shadoweh is playing really terrible and I hate it but part of me is like this is disappointing but also she could just not be reading he game, I'm not sure but if I had to pick I'd lynch weh rn.

That leaves like 6 other people:

Refa and SB I'm kinda looking at their interactions to try rule out them being scum partners I'll read back and see how they've interacted soon, because I think they should be interacting with each other most if they are town from familiarity (at least from refas perspective)

Nnr and Niek I'm ngl I don't have much on and historically they are the type of players I'm known for tunneling and mislynching so I'm gonna try leave that to other people to solve as much as possible

Dan has been underwhelming, I know he idles as either alignment but something about this game even when he's online doesn't have any town flair? Like usually his solving is better when he actually gets on even if he is inactive. So I kinda want to pressure here a bit, though admittedly I have had an awful read on him in the past also but feel like he must be looked at since he's a good player and shouldn't be let float under the radar.

I think I'm missing someone sorry bro I forget who you are

WAIT just realised it's dormio before hitting enter, sorry I still haven't read their posts will do if I have to alter in the game

fwiw my top 8 is in a different order but contains your top 7 so i think im on the right somewhere

Had a similar thought with Dan, I asked the prodding question because 451 made a new rule to treat prods differently based on read activity compared to posts

So his prods on this site aren't AI for that reason

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1264 on: March 11, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »
I dunno I feel like people are saying I'm passive but also I feel like no one else in thread is confidently pushing anyone or overly committed to a lynch everything seems super hedgey which maybe isn't necessarily a bad thing here but it shows that everyone is unsure what we should be doing p

I don't disagree. This is what I see right now in terms of who people would lynch. Correct me where I'm wrong

Shadoweh -Duskfall
Refa - Don't know
Zwerd - Don't know
Duskfall - Shadoweh
Serela -
Orfish - Dormio, SB
SB - Orfish
Nuxl - Shadoweh?
Conq - Serela, Shadoweh
ActionDan - Himself
Niektory - Serela
Dormio - ORfish
NNR - SB

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1265 on: March 11, 2020, 05:04:26 PM »
Just woke up and have to go to work in an hour zzzzzzz. Work should be slow though so I'll try to iso -someone- later in my shift, I can't really tell Conq that he's wrong re:his serela opinions when I've been procrastinating on my rereads since the end of d1 while repeatedly saying i should do them

has dan even posted on d2
Quote from: sb
Does scum!Shadoweh kill the person who she was scumreading who also wasn’t scumreading her if she wants to keep playing contrarian? I feel like its counterproductive becsuse honestly Prims would’ve been the perfect vote for that because he was active enough to post but not hyperactive. Idk, too many things don’t match up for scum!Shadoweh imo.
SB please remember scum!shadoweh has (probably) 3 other scumbuddies who also have to worry about prims, and that prims imo is one of the scariest town players in the general motk playerbase

oh I missed page 43's existence and nuxl basically just said this

Fabloo:I've been voting Shadoweh all day ;;

Nuxl

« Reply #1266 on: March 11, 2020, 05:04:50 PM »
I don't disagree. This is what I see right now in terms of who people would lynch. Correct me where I'm wrong

Shadoweh -Duskfall
Refa - Don't know
Zwerd - Don't know
Duskfall - Shadoweh
Serela -
Orfish - Dormio, SB
SB - Orfish
Nuxl - Shadoweh?
Conq - Serela, Shadoweh
ActionDan - Himself
Niektory - Serela
Dormio - ORfish
NNR - SB

I voted niek

But I don't think niek hits 8 today.

Fabloo

« Reply #1267 on: March 11, 2020, 05:05:42 PM »
Correction, Refa says Shadoweh. Serela also wants Shadoweh.

Shadoweh is in the lead for the prettiest girl everyone wants to take out in a dark alley and brutally murder.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1268 on: March 11, 2020, 05:15:10 PM »
Shadoweh is in the lead for the prettiest girl everyone wants to take out in a dark alley and brutally murder.
That's our Shadoweh! <3

By the way, the second biggest wagon is apparently... 04rfish? So could someone summarize what the general case there is and I'll try to get back to that while I'm at work. I mean I need to start -somewhere- (also there's only like 4 people from my reads list that aren't hard lurkers or town now, which is like... sb/o4rfish/nnr/nuxl (oh wait apparently nuxl's town now))

wait that's literally three people and shadoweh and niek/dan lurkers
huh.

Nuxl

« Reply #1269 on: March 11, 2020, 05:18:10 PM »
That's our Shadoweh! <3

By the way, the second biggest wagon is apparently... 04rfish? So could someone summarize what the general case there is and I'll try to get back to that while I'm at work. I mean I need to start -somewhere- (also there's only like 4 people from my reads list that aren't hard lurkers or town now, which is like... sb/o4rfish/nnr/nuxl (oh wait apparently nuxl's town now))

wait that's literally three people and shadoweh and niek/dan lurkers
huh.

"apparently'?

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1270 on: March 11, 2020, 05:21:46 PM »
it's not like it's been a big subject today or anything

Fabloo

« Reply #1271 on: March 11, 2020, 05:24:47 PM »
I think the likeliest lynch to happen is Shadoweh, because Shadoweh herself mentioned that she's just gonna keep voting Duskfall until one of them dies. I just wonder even in the face of adversity would she still hold onto that despite most of the thread disagreeing. Seems counter-productive, but is it scummy? I don't think she'd be locked into a Duskfall vote here, there's plenty of reason to vote elsewhere.

Nuxl

« Reply #1272 on: March 11, 2020, 05:29:17 PM »
it's not like it's been a big subject today or anything

Doesn't really answer my question

What does "apparently" mean for you personally

« Reply #1273 on: March 11, 2020, 05:37:34 PM »
if your answer to the passive question was no then more often than not dusk is town

What passive question

Nuxl

« Reply #1274 on: March 11, 2020, 05:38:06 PM »

« Reply #1275 on: March 11, 2020, 05:41:06 PM »
page 41

Answer is no I'm carrying this game

Nuxl

« Reply #1276 on: March 11, 2020, 05:44:16 PM »
Answer is no I'm carrying this game

wow

i think i have a really funny tell on you

« Reply #1277 on: March 11, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »
wow

i think i have a really funny tell on you

If I'm my normal dickheaded self I'm town if I'm nice I'm scum, I am aware of this it's kinda funny

Nuxl

« Reply #1278 on: March 11, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »
If I'm my normal dickheaded self I'm town if I'm nice I'm scum, I am aware of this it's kinda funny

thats also not true

it's a certain word you only say as one alignment

« Reply #1279 on: March 11, 2020, 05:55:13 PM »
thats also not true

it's a certain word you only say as one alignment

Eli solves like that p sure

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1280 on: March 11, 2020, 05:56:13 PM »
Doesn't really answer my question

What does "apparently" mean for you personally
this was a very unclear question ok

"Apparently" means, I looked at the votecount, and was like, "oh, the only other wagon with votes is... o4rfish I guess? I guess I remember that someone voted him at some point but I didn't realize it was this many"

and I have literally no recollection of what the cases are (technically I can backread for them but they tend to be posted in chunks and pieces over multiple posts and also there's 3 votes so this is an easy way to rally multiple different people to articulate their reasoning in a single post upfront, and also ensure those opinions are currently up-to-date instead of from 48 hours ago)

Nuxl

« Reply #1281 on: March 11, 2020, 05:58:46 PM »
this was a very unclear question ok

"Apparently" means, I looked at the votecount, and was like, "oh, the only other wagon with votes is... o4rfish I guess? I guess I remember that someone voted him at some point but I didn't realize it was this many"

and I have literally no recollection of what the cases are (technically I can backread for them but they tend to be posted in chunks and pieces over multiple posts and also there's 3 votes so this is an easy way to rally multiple different people to articulate their reasoning in a single post upfront, and also ensure those opinions are currently up-to-date instead of from 48 hours ago)

Meant in regards to why my alignment is apparently town to you whoops

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1282 on: March 11, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
OH WE'RE LOOKING AT DIFFERENT "APPARENTLY"S HERE.

Apparently some point you got soft towncleared for asking the mod if scum can daytalk? tbh I didn't look super hard into the backround on that and it's occuring to me that this could have occurred while I was heavily vodka'd so maybe someone should clarify what happened there

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1283 on: March 11, 2020, 06:01:10 PM »
crud I need to actually get in the shower and leave for work

might refresh the page one more time before I leave but i'll probably be gone for several hours

Nuxl

« Reply #1284 on: March 11, 2020, 06:03:56 PM »
OH WE'RE LOOKING AT DIFFERENT "APPARENTLY"S HERE.

Apparently some point you got soft towncleared for asking the mod if scum can daytalk? tbh I didn't look super hard into the backround on that and it's occuring to me that this could have occurred while I was heavily vodka'd so maybe someone should clarify what happened there

not going to lie i read back and thought there was only one case of apparently in your og post so i was confused by your response LOL

(but you should go back and read it for yourself and make your own conclusions)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1285 on: March 11, 2020, 06:36:10 PM »
On day 6/7 of consecutive workdays. The fatigue is really piling up

Hate the feeling of knowing my vote is parked but nothing I can do until I get home and reread d2
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1286 on: March 11, 2020, 07:33:46 PM »
define Statement83
{
        Add to this that (O4rfish)'s posts today have been little more than OMGUS saying that (sb) and I are scummy for pushing for (O4rfish)'s lynch as well as continuing to willfully ignoring information as (sb) pointed out and I am more than happy to keep my vote where it is.
}
if (Reply #1268)
{
        cout <<(Statement63)
        cout <<(Statement64)
        cout <<(Statement65)
        cout <<(Statement66)
        cout <<(Statement67)
        cout <<(Statement68)
        cout <<(Statement69)
        cout <<(Statement70)
        cout <<(Statement71)
        cout <<(Statement72)
        cout <<(Statement73)
        cout <<(Statement74)
}
I still maintain my opinion regarding O4rfish from yesterday. I didn't like how O4rfish tried way too hard to force a scumread on Nuxl, which O4rfish dropped immediately to chase after a supposed scumslip by NekoNekoRex. I felt that O4rfish's next action of jumping onto the Shadoweh wagon was opportunistic and simply an excuse to make it appear as though O4rfish was trying to participate in the game. I don't like how O4rfish just completely forgot that Nuxl existed after that either. O4rfish said that it was hard to talk about Nuxl due to the fact that Nuxl disappeared to play Mystery Dungeon but I think that this is a lazy and scummy excuse. If O4rfish was truly confident in O4rfish's scumread of Nuxl, I think that O4rfish would have continued to try to draw attention to O4rfish's case. Or, at the very least, tried to ask Nuxl some questions in order to engage with the person O4rfish thought was scum. Instead, it seems to me as though O4rfish was simply trying to bury and forget about a case that O4rfish didn't believe in. Combine this with O4rfish's latest posts today and I remain unimpressed. The very first thing O4rfish does is defend O4rfish, saying that Prims was likely murdered to push a case onto O4rfish. Not only do I believe that this line of thinking comes from an entirely non-town mindset, but it almost seems as though to me that part of the reason why Prims may have been killed was simply so that O4rfish could make this defense for O4rfish. I also dislike how O4rfish sets up his read of Conqueror in such a way that Conqueror is scum bussing an unenthused Shadoweh.
query (Playerbase)
if (Reply #1268)
{
        cout <<(Reply #1072)
}
Wrt Oarfish: my old read on them was town, because I felt like they had conviction in their arguments even if the logic was faulty and I felt like that was more likely to come from town. I forced myself to try and pay more attention to Oarfish and Zeep on reread because my eyes tended to glaze over their posts at first, and felt worse because I didn’t actually feel like they believed their scumreads. The conviction in their arguments I felt before felt more like they believed they’d just made a really good push, but it didn’t feel like they were trying to discern anyone’s alignment.
When Nuxl asked how they would deal with reading a player who had an unconventional playstyle they flake on the answer and get mad at a completely different point, which is weird, and later they miss the point of why Dormio found their Shadoweh vote suspicious (timing instead of content). Idk, it feels like they’re wilfully ignoring things that doesn’t work with what they want to do and that bothers me a lot. I also think their Shadoweh suspicion kinda aged badly, it feels built around the fact that “Shadoweh can do better” which is not solid and honestly makes their reaction to Conq’s gambit weird. If Oarfish had a scumread on Shadoweh then why are they ignoring Conq’s ongoing push on them? You’d think that they’d show interest but most of their posting today has revolved around themselves instead, like saying that Prims was killed so he couldn’t change their read on them (when you could easily say Prims was killed because he would’ve wanted to lynch scum!Oarfish too).
if (Reply #1268)
{
        cout <<(Statement83)
}
Add to this that O4rfish's posts today have been little more than OMGUS saying that sb and I are scummy for pushing for O4rfish's lynch as well as continuing to willfully ignoring information as sb pointed out and I am more than happy to keep my vote where it is.

« Reply #1287 on: March 11, 2020, 07:45:32 PM »
Also, finally, just letting everyone know that anybody who is still bothering to read NekoNekoRex's posts are wasting their time and it would be better spent looking elsewhere. This is due to the fact that, as I mentioned during day 1, NekoNekoRex is not a valid lynch target.
You keep repeating that. You're focusing a lot on not focusing on him. Seems a bit weird to me.

Why did you vote Abu in the first place? Just Serela specifically, given other people were nagging him near the end of the day? Did specifically Serela influence you?
I didn't know who to vote so I voted him to at least make it easier for town to get a lynch.
Afterwards I almost changed it to Raikaria because I wanted to see how Abu's night would play out. I had a post already written and ready to submit, but Serela made me hesitate and not go through with it.
Even if Abu couldn't fully prove his alignment we could still probably learn something useful from his night action. Maybe.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1288 on: March 11, 2020, 07:47:26 PM »
*Drags himself back from multiple station detours due to a 'landslip' causing all trains on his usual route to be cancelled*

I am here, and eating, catching up on everything I need to including Mafia, and trying to make my brain work simultaneously.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #1289 on: March 11, 2020, 08:03:23 PM »
define Statement84
{
        As mentioned before, I've been blessed with the wonderful gift this game of not having to actually read any of (NekoNekoRex)'s posts. I'm simply trying to share the joys of this gift to (Playerbase), because not having to read any of (NekoNekoRex)'s posts does wonders for one's mental state.
}
if (Reply #1287)
{
        cout <<(Statement84)
}
As mentioned before, I've been blessed with the wonderful gift this game of not having to actually read any of NekoNekoRex's posts. I'm simply trying to share the joys of this gift to everyone else, because not having to read any of NekoNekoRex's posts does wonders for one's mental state.