Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1057190 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1230 on: March 11, 2020, 06:56:54 AM »
Your case on me d2: restate your previous case, and then
The very first thing O4rfish does is defend O4rfish, saying that Prims was likely murdered to push a case onto O4rfish. Not only do I believe that this line of thinking comes from an entirely non-town mindset, but it almost seems as though to me that part of the reason why Prims may have been killed was simply so that O4rfish could make this defense for O4rfish. I also dislike how O4rfish sets up his read of Conqueror in such a way that Conqueror is scum bussing an unenthused Shadoweh.

I disagree with the first part, obviously.  For the second part, my read of Conq at that time was that he was less likely to be scum than anyone else, unless Shadoweh was letting him bus her. 

So, your case on me seems to be a whole lot of mischaracterization.  There's no predictive power to it.  It hasn't gotten any takers aside from NNR.  Dormio, I think you should reexamine your priorities, and change your behavior.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1231 on: March 11, 2020, 07:23:48 AM »
I guess reading is helpful, I don't think a scum Serela makes posts like 1091. Like I really don't think Serela pulls off 'smug that im right' as scum.
hey shadowy, can you tell me more about 1091. What's this "smug that im right" thing because I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you talking about this section?
1.If you mean, "didn't care who got lynched between Abu and Shadoweh", this is correct! However, please keep in mind, that it's because both of them are (were?) my top scumreads. A Rai lynch would have been terrible and when I realized that it was seriously heading in that direction I was like "wait what, dude, no"
2.I mean, I came into the day with more scumreads than you  8)
Is this really the basis of your serela townread?

Conqueror

« Reply #1232 on: March 11, 2020, 07:28:48 AM »
shadoweh the vibe im getting from your posts are that you still don't particularly care who's lynched, or at least not enough to try and get people voting any of the other people you'd be fine with.

##unvote
##vote: shadoweh

the mic is also definitely a lie, you haven't had a mic for 20 years.

Conqueror

« Reply #1233 on: March 11, 2020, 07:32:15 AM »
serela still basically only has one case which is definitely in scum!serela range but on balance i think the way shadoweh is approaching the game is scummier. maybe i'll trust my initial gut read on serela.

oh right, oarfish i think i saw you mention something about me/serela/shadoweh's reads on each other but it's not like we have rock solid accuracy on each other. what's your current read on me/serela/shadoweh?

Conqueror

« Reply #1234 on: March 11, 2020, 07:36:37 AM »
*asking because your opinions wrt that are kinda muddled since you

i also want to ask why you're voting sb because i think you explained it as a scumslip but i've been rereading the posts you quoted and i have no idea what you're talking about.

Conqueror

« Reply #1235 on: March 11, 2020, 07:40:27 AM »
@Serela, who would be your second vote if you had one? This will probably help me with my read on you. Your case on Shadoweh is good, I'm just worried you don't have another angle after that and it's because you can't think of one.

Conqueror

« Reply #1236 on: March 11, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »
@Niektory have you been keeping up with the thread? it seems like it from the reasoning you gave for your serela vote, so were there any other thoughts you had about the game?

« Reply #1237 on: March 11, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »
Nuxl is tilting me by saying I'm bad at scum because I big bgrained getting bussed D1 and it worked

It doesn't count as catching me if the person who caught me was my partner and the rest was distancing nuxl smh

« Reply #1238 on: March 11, 2020, 08:13:44 AM »
Also conq the problem with my getting into fights less now is that I'm self aware I do it so I actively avoid is because usually what happens is I tunnel too hard, so I've kinda changed how I play

For instance if it was me from last year I'd just be wagoning shadoweh now

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1239 on: March 11, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »
@conq @fabloo @whoeverwantsathoughtexperiment

define the word "passive" (this can be mentally). do you personally think duskfall has fit your definition of "passive" this game

Not on Day 1, on Day 2 I'd say yes.

To Refa in re Serela's voters, Serela's posts
Serela is tough for me to read.  I've misread Serela with high confidence, as people know.
Refa - you don't appear to be confident about Serela. Is he really your strongest scumread?
Niektory - literally dunno about her slot. Her vote for Serela sort of makes sense but she could accuse other players of acting similarly.
Conq is a pretty good player.  I think his attack on Serela makes sense, but it's within his ability to fake.  Reading his posts also makes me suspect Shadoweh, for not responding properly to his gambit. 
If Shadoweh is town, then her townread on Conq is probably valid.  But if Conq is town and continues to have a scumread on Shadoweh, then that's probably valid.

Yeah, probably. I'm not as convinced as I want to be but it's the one I'd be most okay with lynching ATM.
What do you mean by she (Niekstory) could accuse other players of acting similarly?
I'm confused, what are your reads on Conq and Shadoweh?

@Conq- How confident are you in your Shadoweh read?

« Reply #1240 on: March 11, 2020, 08:16:20 AM »
Ok nuxl is so so town asking about where chat is to try solve me is the annoying strawberries that he does when I host and it tilts me

Conqueror

« Reply #1241 on: March 11, 2020, 08:16:51 AM »
Do you think that scum!Serela drops the case though when he doesn't have a good fallback option just like that? It looks like Serela is actually looking for scum and just comes up short when they examine their suspicions more closely to me because I don't think scum!Serela benefits from this unless they're on a scumteam with Oarfish and Shadoweh or something and the entire team is imploding.

I guess that you say Serela struggles to fake scumreads on townies when he's mafia that's fair but I feel like when he's under pressure like this he'd be able to produce something to try and aleviate the suspicions on himself with. I think he's writing himself into too much of a corner to be scum. We'll see though, I am kind of waffling on this a little after realising how much Serela is going off on tangents before remembering that this is Serela and that just kind of happens.
I mean, yes, why not? Ofc I'm wavering now but if he can't force a case there's literally no other option but to drop it. Also re:writing into corners, think it depends on the player but worst case scenario you just do a reads reset - i remember scum!prims used to do this a lot. don't remember if scum!serela did.

The lack of engagement thing is fair (I remember feeling similarly early) but I'm not just talking about when you reaction tested her, I also remember her being disgruntled when everyone else had different reads to her (she was townreading Rai prior to the wagon building iirc) and I don't feel like being contrarian fits this. From what I remember of Urist Fortress, scum Shadoweh would just follow along with the crowd and try not to stick out when she was under pressure after being tracked to your vest? Which is kind of a similar situation to here. I also feel like scum!Shadoweh would feel worse about not posting and like, do it more even if it wasn't good compared to a town!Shadoweh that isn't OCing people? But this is less solid.
I don't remember much of urist fortress despite playing in it. Well, at least until I decided to go and read it and I hate you forever for it. I can't believe I got in a quotewall argument with dormio d1. anyway in looks like in that game shadoweh came in at the end of d1 and then pushed darkninja through d2...and i didn't read any further because it looks like after d2 it was a rolefest with the scumteam tripping over their own actions. im not sure if that game really applies here given what a trainwreck it was. anyway the thing about the contrarian thing is that she's just kinda contrarian in the background. it's less than i think this is something scum!shadoweh would do than it's something i dont think town!shadoweh would do, if that makes sense.

Conqueror

« Reply #1242 on: March 11, 2020, 08:18:49 AM »
@Conq- How confident are you in your Shadoweh read?
Uh, I wouldn't say I'm confident because I've been wrong in the past, but it's the read I feel the best about right now given what I know of Shadoweh's skill level.

Conqueror

« Reply #1243 on: March 11, 2020, 08:19:23 AM »
Also conq the problem with my getting into fights less now is that I'm self aware I do it so I actively avoid is because usually what happens is I tunnel too hard, so I've kinda changed how I play

For instance if it was me from last year I'd just be wagoning shadoweh now
smh there goes my easy meta read

« Reply #1244 on: March 11, 2020, 08:20:18 AM »
Btw fabloo was asking about how I play, I don't like big long wall posts I usually solve by having conversations in thread which people usually havent been alone with me to do often.

I've no problem explaining things when people ask why but big long cases just aren't my thing unless I'm hard tunneling someone

Conqueror

« Reply #1245 on: March 11, 2020, 08:25:12 AM »
shame, im going to sleep now. drop some thoughts for me to read in the morning while im gone.

also you should drop a vote somewhere, anywhere. people shouldn't be sitting on no vote at this stage on the game on day 2, i wanna see where you wanna go.

« Reply #1246 on: March 11, 2020, 08:26:09 AM »
I dunno I feel like people are saying I'm passive but also I feel like no one else in thread is confidently pushing anyone or overly committed to a lynch everything seems super hedgey which maybe isn't necessarily a bad thing here but it shows that everyone is unsure what we should be doing p

« Reply #1247 on: March 11, 2020, 08:26:54 AM »
shame, im going to sleep now. drop some thoughts for me to read in the morning while im gone.

also you should drop a vote somewhere, anywhere. people shouldn't be sitting on no vote at this stage on the game on day 2, i wanna see where you wanna go.

I just said I don't play like that its boring and tedious I play mafia to interact with people smh

Nuxl when are you gonna be in thread with me

« Reply #1248 on: March 11, 2020, 08:27:32 AM »
##vote: shadoweh

« Reply #1249 on: March 11, 2020, 08:52:58 AM »
No, that isn't true. I posted a list of people I'd be fine lynching actually. I haven't looked at the votecount to see what other people are doing tbh. I can only read so much thread before I gget distracted and suddenly I'm watching speedruns at 5am <.<

I don't intend to vote anyone else though so :shrug: I don't particularily care what other people do, I'm going to slam a Duskfall vote down every day and leave until people stop making excuses and lynch him. Or kill me for no reason I guess? Why would you think I don't have preferences when the only thing I posted is a readslist?

« Reply #1250 on: March 11, 2020, 09:01:29 AM »
No, that isn't true. I posted a list of people I'd be fine lynching actually. I haven't looked at the votecount to see what other people are doing tbh. I can only read so much thread before I gget distracted and suddenly I'm watching speedruns at 5am <.<

I don't intend to vote anyone else though so :shrug: I don't particularily care what other people do, I'm going to slam a Duskfall vote down every day and leave until people stop making excuses and lynch him. Or kill me for no reason I guess? Why would you think I don't have preferences when the only thing I posted is a readslist?

Why do people always tunnel me

Conqueror

« Reply #1251 on: March 11, 2020, 09:09:02 AM »

Well good news,  im here because i just finished rerrading all of urist so i can cath you whooe you're here yay!

Shaodwej you know what i mean. You have a lkst kf polle you want to lynch bit yiu ah ent ttied yo convicn3 anyone. The entire game could njst keep lyncikng offf your townlist and im gettimg the kmoression you'd just sit there wktn a vote o diskfall and let it happrn.

« Reply #1252 on: March 11, 2020, 10:39:56 AM »
Calm down on the alcohol conq there buddy

« Reply #1253 on: March 11, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »
Oarfish, I literally picked your name as a third in the first quote because you were a talking point aka high chance of being dead before endgame and also probably not likely to talk a lot to Shadoweh out of game to get her posting. The second list is literally the three most voted players of the day (so uh, no, you are a major wagon at this point). Scum will behave differently if there are multiple members of their team under pressure compared to just themselves (it’s hard to ignore other major wagons and you need to decide if you are bussing or not).
Also: I said that I reread and talked about why my read on you changed. If you don’t think you’re a major wagon that I can push (1194) then why would I want to do this as scum?

@Nuxl the games I’m talking about are Omerta(?) and Idolmaster, not looking for likks on phone). Also, townlean on you. I don’t think your posts have gotten worse, there are just less of them.

Does scum!Shadoweh kill the person who she was scumreading who also wasn’t scumreading her if she wants to keep playing contrarian? I feel like its counterproductive becsuse honestly Prims would’ve been the perfect vote for that because he was active enough to post but not hyperactive. Idk, too many things don’t match up for scum!Shadoweh imo.

@Conq wrt Serela I don’t think he’s going for the “reevaluate later” approach because 1) He has already pulled it once and it’d look weird if he did it again 2) I don’t think he actually benefits from Shadoweh’s flip regardless of alignment.

Have more to say but gotta dash.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1254 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:29 AM »
Vote Count 2.4

O4rfish (Rumia) (3): NekoNekoRex, sb, Dormio Ergo Sum, NekoNekoRex
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (0):
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (3): Conqueror, NekoNekoRex, zwerdjib, Serela, Conqueror, Duskfall98
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Fabloo
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (2): Refa, Conqueror, Niektory
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (1): NekoNekoRex, NekoNekoRex, O4rfish
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
Fabloo (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0):
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0):
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0): sb
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (1): Shadoweh, zwerdjib
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0):
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (2): Fabloo, Nuxl

Not voting (3): Raikaria, ActionDan, zwerdjib

with 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have some tremendous number of nanoseconds remaining.

ActionDan has been prodded for inactivity.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

« Reply #1255 on: March 11, 2020, 11:24:39 AM »
Townbros rn are: me nuxl conq fabloo raik and oarfish

I think zwerd is likely town but not quite towncore

I think shadoweh and serela is never svs, maybe one of them is but I'm not sure I want to resolve it today it could just be a town slapfight. Shadoweh is playing really terrible and I hate it but part of me is like this is disappointing but also she could just not be reading he game, I'm not sure but if I had to pick I'd lynch weh rn.

That leaves like 6 other people:

Refa and SB I'm kinda looking at their interactions to try rule out them being scum partners I'll read back and see how they've interacted soon, because I think they should be interacting with each other most if they are town from familiarity (at least from refas perspective)

Nnr and Niek I'm ngl I don't have much on and historically they are the type of players I'm known for tunneling and mislynching so I'm gonna try leave that to other people to solve as much as possible

Dan has been underwhelming, I know he idles as either alignment but something about this game even when he's online doesn't have any town flair? Like usually his solving is better when he actually gets on even if he is inactive. So I kinda want to pressure here a bit, though admittedly I have had an awful read on him in the past also but feel like he must be looked at since he's a good player and shouldn't be let float under the radar.

I think I'm missing someone sorry bro I forget who you are

WAIT just realised it's dormio before hitting enter, sorry I still haven't read their posts will do if I have to alter in the game

« Reply #1256 on: March 11, 2020, 11:29:46 AM »
##unvote
##vote: actiondan

« Reply #1257 on: March 11, 2020, 11:47:17 AM »
Just reread refa and they've only spoke to SB like once which is sad but it really doesn't tell me much, I'm not gonna say I see anything towny about them except when they defended me so I'm probably being bias

« Reply #1258 on: March 11, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »
Nuxl btw I've spent half the day being titled about you underselling my scum game I'm ngl

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1259 on: March 11, 2020, 03:10:08 PM »
TBH I'm pretty demotivated. Out of the top two wagons, I'd vote Shadoweh over Oarfish because I don't really agree that he's scummy and while Serela's on the Shadoweh wagon, OVERALL I'd say I feel better about the people on it. I want Niekstory to answer Conq's question first before I say anything because that's pretty important to my read. I can get why people are voting that slot ATM.

Feel free to ask me anything TBH. This is directed at Duskfall but goes for anyone really.