~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
Fairy Quest (Finished! Q&A Open.)
<< < (2/9) > >>
Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: Unedited Bear on September 12, 2020, 07:20:44 AM --->As far as your memory goes, you've been alive and kicking before you had legs to kick. Time is odd for concepts of nature, but if you had to put it how a human would understand, you'd say you came into being around when Gensokyo became a thing. Maybe a handful of hundred years?

>The mansion isn't, but that gate guard is good. She's been able to intercept almost everything that tries to sneak into the mansion.

>Almost.

>Speaking of, it looks like the Black White one is coming in. If she's going to blast her way in, it might be the best time to get inside.

>...

--- End quote ---

> If they are keeping each other busy, silently go aroound and try to sneak from the back-entrance.
Unedited Bear:
>It looks like they may just be keeping each other busy there. The black-white has stopped and is doing the normal banter back and forth, something about coming in for a visit, and books. You never paid much attention to what people say before they get into a brawl. No one expects a fairy to run up and deck them while they're monologuing.

>Operation Metal Fairy is a go. From where you were sitting, it was easy to slip behind some trees and out of sight of the gates. Though the wall itself is a bit of a challenge, it doesn't really account for flight. One thing you've learned over the years is that the Gate guard is REALLY good at sensing flying things...if they go too high. There's a sweet spot, just barely above the wrought iron fencing that makes up the top of the wall.

>Slipping through there requires tucking in your wings and diving in, leading to an unceremonious crash landing into what seems like an empty flower bed. The place is yours! Up yours Gate Guard!

[ ]Let's check out the gardens, they look great!
[ ] I've always been curious about what it looked like inside.
 > [ ] Sneak in from on high, like that big tower.
 > [ ] Sneak in from down low, like the windows.
[ ] ...

Spoiler: I'mma start including options, just because I feel a little more comfortable with offering ideas. The write-in option is still around, if you want to take it.
Evil_Nazgul0616:
//Huh, honestly didn't expect the vote format common on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity to show up here, especially considering how few active people are in this subforum at any given time.

[X] Let's check out the gardens, they look great!

//Since we already seem to be in the garden area judging from where we crashed, might as well check out our surroundings before infiltrating deeper.
Unedited Bear:
Spoiler: I actually come from THP, but find their standards a little too much. I have nothing against them, but I just don't feel like I could keep up that level of quality while writing the story I want to write. I would be doing a CYOA, but the quest style does kinda agree with me a little more than I thought!
> Gardens it is! They really are beautiful, and well maintained. You take about half an hour taking int he sights of the flowers, all arranged into a bunch of different patterns and the like. Someone took a lot of time and effort to make each one look better than the last. There's even a little maze, which you accidentally walked into by following the beds of roses. If you were maybe three feet taller, you could probably jump and see over the edges, but that might lead to falling into the rosebed that makes the walls of the maze, and that just sounds painful.

> You could get used to walking around like this though. Feels almost like you're one of those ninjas you hear the kids in the village talk about. Sneaking around, laying traps, that would be cool! Whoever heard of a ninja fairy anyway? No one! No one would expect it!

>Wait, didn't you just come from here? You coulda sworn that you hadn't walked through this cross before.

>Two hours after entering the garden, you may, just maybe, have gotten lost.

>Maybe.

> Never fear, you have a few ideas of how to get out of this without having to take off your shoe and figure out how to prepare it to be edible. If you can. Are those human's 'nukies' edible? What are the even...wait, not the point. Ideas! Right!

>Ideas of getting the hell out of this twisted rose maze of pain and suffering!
[ ] Run through the wall. They all can't stop me!
[ ] Sit down and cry. Someone may find you.
[ ] Run like a madman. You have to find a way out eventually!
[ ] ...
Evil_Nazgul0616:
//THP?

[X] Realize how silly we are for thinking about how our height and possibly falling onto the rose bed from jumping is an actual issue considering that we can fly.
-[X] Hover just enough to peek over the roses and find our bearings, and use that to navigate towards an edge.
--[X] Actually, if we think we can manage it: just fly over the maze entirely, it's not like it's taller than the actual wall surrounding the mansion, so it shouldn't attract the gatekeeper if we do so.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version