~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
Phantasmagoria Flower Viewing Incident in 2021
(1/6) > >>
NucleusWaffles:
Hi! Going to do a new quest that ends after 30 updates maximum, this starter is 1/30!

Cherry Blossoms have started to spring in Gensokyo….Except they are literally everything that’s there. Wherever the residents of our lovely game go, flowers, petals, in the same shade and hue.

It was pretty fun at the start, having all the sakura petals replace what is basically rain and sunshine, but now somehow it got leaked the elites were already investigating this incident!

So far, we got the following four teams that are investigating in this new sakura blanket event

>LUNATIC-Recommended for Danmaku Action!

This is the team of Yuyuko Saigyouji, Youmu Konpaku, Yukari Yakumo, Ran Yakumo, Chen, or anyone reasonably canon enough to align with these characters.

Joining the LUNATIC team as they beat off suspects of them being up to no good (which is kind of justified), as you face terrible random events for owning a house that sits next to a historically insane sakura tree!

>Hard - Recommended for experienced or the brave!

This is the team of Mokou Fujiwara, Keine Kamishirasawa, Kosuzue, Akyuu no Hida, Rinnosuke Morichika or any characters possibly aligned with the Human Village

Joining the Hard team as they explore the hub of incidents, the Human Village, where faith empowers the neighbouring Youkai Mountain, Underground Sanatorium, and many many other places.
Be here to treat guests or incident solvers, rely on shopkeepers and librarians for Macguffins! Intended to be a challenge without much canon needed

>Normal - Recommended if nothing makes sense to you and you are reading until this point! Good job!

This is the team of Your OC, an animal spirit sprung forth from the Palace of Earth Spirits, under the blessings of her matriarch, Satori Komeiji, Koishi Komeiji, Utsuho Okuu, and Rin Kaenbyou, or other characters that can tangibly relate to them.

Join the normal team as Your OC and the furry friends cheat your way to solving incidents, using the infinite industrial capacity of nucleus energy from a nearby volcano, and blurriness of concepts especially being a place vibrant with chaotic life energy and close to inferno.
Create anything in this 30 updates quest to resolve the blanket of petals covering the land!

>Easy - No need to even play, these guys move on their own without realising they are puppets! Spoiler:
Join the team of Shinmyoumaru Syoumei, Seija Kijin, Cirno, Rumia, Daoyousei, Aya Shameimaru, Hatate Himekaidou, and any other characters, any other of them! As you go on a merry adventure to resolve this world changing incident with a ragtag bunch of misfits

://nbsp&\\  Next update coming immediately now (1/30)
NucleusWaffles:
2/30

Easy team:
<[((((((((*******~Breaking News! Petals Shrouding Gensokyo in Mystery! Shrine Maiden declares resolution of event in WEEKS!~*

At the joint shrine maiden press meeting occuring on all sides of the world, this reporter Aya Shameimaru, fleetest foot in all of any domains, is providing live coverage of the infinitesimally distant Great Border of Gensokyo, where the resident Shrine Maiden, Reimu Hakurei, has been observed carrying off and using magic on her donation box, looking absolutely ectastic and flushed!

The Onis living there, Suika Ibuki and Kasen Ibraraki, have respectively went off to the Myouren Temple and Human Village, and currently, I am witnessing a truly, absolutely, scandalous meeting between the Hakurei maiden herself and the oridinary witch Marisa Kirisame, puncuated by many inappropriate physical contact in all the wrong areas! They seem to be still in heated argument now, and we will be closely monitoring their movements!

##End of Bunbunmaru Shimbun

~Kakashi Spirit News~
From a time and place unknown, to the reader unknown, greetings.

Bringing from you news of Gensokyo is your usual transmission medium, Hatate Himekaidou.

I shall be dilligently writing every day for more viewers to be able and enjoy journalism, but this issue is especially special as I, Hatate Himekaidou, is now on a collaborative venture with Aya Shameimaru of the Bunbunmaru News network of Gensokyo to provide live coverage in this corner of the Youkai Mountain. Without further ado, let us go into the details.

The waters are clean today, but still topped by a thick solid layer of petals, resident kappa have been walking on this slate, fishing, and generally excited at the new physics and engineering they can now explore with a ‘mantle of blessed flowers containing the cursefully attractive yet chaotic waters‘

The sky is raining heavy petals, and the great and wise miko, Sanae Kochiya, has declared to an audience of resident gods whose forms too obstructed to view or describe by words, but generally involving characters of interest including Aki, Letty, Moriya Shrine, to resolve this incident in 5 days.

The land continues to be buried by petals of depth 3-5m, variable, across all terrains. Fortunately for us, the petals appear to have amazing rejuvenating properties and I can personally attest to now drinking petal water, having petal sweets, and so on and so forth

Thank you for your kind readership, and I hope to meet you on this side of the world come next moon

Hatate
Spoiler:                                              -     A.       -           -     -
“So what of it? What does this have to do with us?” Shinmyoumaru quirped as she finished reading the news presented to her on a tabulated device.

“My eyes hurt now, and I have gained no interest out of this, not a centimeter, look! This petal thing is raved on so much, but at my size-“

Seija motions Shinmyoumaru to pause, and stares intently, fixed, rigidly following empty spaces, sometimes still touching Shinmyoumaru’s bowl to reassure her her attention is there.

“The point is these petals are magical, they will be gone soon, you should start eating them or knowing more about them, and other people are doing that, so-“

“This has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME! My SOLE REASON TO BE IS TO BE A BIT TALLER, I JUST WISH-YOU CAN LISTEN TO ME My voice is funny! What is even happening-“-“

“We are going to take it, obviously, these samples I got from the ice fairy peeking on us would be a strongest, bestest, most amazing discovery you must try yourself Shinmyoumaru, it might just help with your height”

In another corner, Daiyousei is nervously doing many things, while Cirno is simply satisfied at the lavish praise on her laborously acquired stock, without much care they were just taken from her despite spending months scrapping them and picking them out one by one with her and her friends
NucleusWaffles:
3/30

That about concludes my observations, lady Yakumo, you have closed the gap, please open it again

My dear friend, it seems like our spirits will be lifted by this petal in our drinks!

Truly a most fortuitous development, and thank you Chen for serving us this wonderful feast

Pardon my interjection, but indeed Shen is the best there is, and she shall surely gain the Yakumo name and become qualified soon

Exactly, now we need to be ready for some guests to arrive on our premises, Chen, be ready with the manual stuff

My my, this will be quite difficult for her, would it not be so?

She is quite clever and this would be easy
NucleusWaffles:
4/30

“They are here! They are watching me!” Koishi Komeiji manifested out of thin air “Oh…nevermind…”

“The girl certainly quips at the most interesting of times, no?” Satori Komeiji, the elegant underwriter of the Palace of Earth Spirits commented, her mahogany table makes a pleasant click as her assorted stationary becomes assembled under her deft fingers

“Would be nice if you can show some appreciation about us folks hauling bodies around!”

That is Rin Kaenbyou, the underwriter assistant, the undertaker, a kind soul but a catty one nonetheless.

“Rin, this is not just about us.” Satori set her pen down, firmly, some ink spilling on the paperwork, which makes Rin visibly quivers at such a sight of serious display, being stared at straight by the almighty eye probably does no favours

Covered my eye to be more pleasant with my left hand

“Basically, Utsuho is in this too, she made a new discovery, and we can now see new things”

“Whats so good with new things? We practically are not affected by them down here?”

“Good things dont stay still long, remember the Newton’s law?”

“Clear as day madame!” And I quote and write down, literally, word for word , “Fastcar World Bent Elastic Rubber Throwback!”

That was not exactly it but good job, surely my best undertaker at the moment

“That is amazing, you have elevated my prose to a further level, I especially like the trolleys were replaced with fastcars, they must be less intimidating.”

“Absolutely! I thought the translations seem a bit wonky for the humans overground, so I changed it up to make sure it will gain widespread acceptance!”

That is excellent, perfect for the kind of niche we are going for, the mainstream media

“Rin, I will trust your expertise in this affair, surely you will enjoy yourself right?”

Rin is gone, which is more usual because cats dont stay still, really could wonder what held her attention then when we had the conversation.

“I already am having fun![/sub]”
NucleusWaffles:
5/30

“Whatever, I guess I should work” Mokou Fujiwara punched her trolley, putting a big dent in it, draped some old laundry over the battered thing, and starting slinging cold chicken breasts on the bucket, bottomed up, nailed shut.

“Dear, you ate our dinner for breakfast and my morning tribunal is now getting exceptionally hard to write” Keine Kamishirasawa commented in the midst of her scroll. As the esoteric powers granted by part of being a teacher and historian of Human Village, Keine possesses a most unusual litinery ability to conjure spontaneous events, recall, hide, and various other forms of linguistic perception manipulation.

Until she goes somewhat loose on a full moon, part of the heritage.

“You have to stop breaking things, Mokou Fujiwara, your handwriting is beautiful, and I cannot even properly do you a favour because you are breaking all senses of coherence”

Mokou continued a very dry, boring task of shoveling coals, some probably still hot and diabolically mixed with the ones in the chimney stove

“Mokou I think we need to talk about the petals, not the coals, while it is possible the coals are an analogue to the petals around us, piling up with uncertainties, dealing with them is kind of my duty, which I am perfectly able to do so”

“This one’s hot”

“Ouch! Oh, oh, oh, its okay, its just a bit warm, thank you for the food.”

Mokou started dressing herself up, sticking some random amulets on her body, wrinkled and pinned by an inordinate amount of petals. A quick hang, a pat, a swipe, flash, all gone in smoke and ashes, leaving behind the one we recognise so well in red and white.

“This is ridiculous, these things literally just work, and carry more than the old ones too.”

Keine Kamishirasawa put down her food, and resumed

“The burn resistance of these petals are quite low, I presume, compared to your old amulets?”

“Burns quite well, either of them, just theres so many and I dont know where to even begin, or bother, I doubt the Lunatics form such a plan, so I have zero motivation to uh, uncomfortably close now”

Mokou put some distance between Keine and herself, proceeding to get her shoes, a pair of open toed, rugged leatherware.

Keine Kamishirasawa defly pulled the set of shoes out of Mokous hand, flinging open the shoe cabinet and another pair of pristine boots found themselves on Mokou Fujiwara’s feet

“Please try to do things more moderately, and would you mind taking these shoes to Kosuzue’s? She would love to hear your stories.”

Grunted and went off, remembered to shut the door and left a small flame on the wooden floor that dispels automatically to melt away the snow, now we can start doing something meaningful, as Mokou Fujiwara trudged throw a blanket of pink, white, and indiscriminate decompost to her destination, Kosuzue’s dwelling.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version