Author Topic: Higurashi When They Cry Thread  (Read 88 times)

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
Higurashi When They Cry Thread
« on: Yesterday at 10:59:07 AM »
I am currently playing Higurashi: Onikakushi, and yeah I had fun. So, I wanna how is your experience reading it and what chapter you're currently playing (Like Watanagashi, Tatarigoroshi, etc.).
"Thou art a genius." - Tomo Takino, Chapter 1; Page 38

Re: Higurashi When They Cry Thread
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:37:50 PM »
Huh, watched the anime just recently, was thinking to post about it in the appropriate thread. While it's less detailed than the games as far as I know, it's a very good mystery story that builds up well and plays around with character expectations. ...Just stay the heck away from 2020-21 seasons, they're little more than a bad fanfic.

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM »
Huh, watched the anime just recently, was thinking to post about it in the appropriate thread. While it's less detailed than the games as far as I know, it's a very good mystery story that builds up well and plays around with character expectations. ...Just stay the heck away from 2020-21 seasons, they're little more than a bad fanfic.

Whaaat...? Is it that bad?

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 06:30:38 PM »
Whaaat...? Is it that bad?

Artstyle makes characters look like they're shrink-wrapped, the violence is overdone way past the point of hilarity, and the plot has so many holes and facepalm-worthy moments it's painful to look at, when it's not a truncated copy-paste job anyway. I'm still going through them but so far I've done hour-long rants on my streams about every singe arc. And it's not even entertainingly bad, just sadly incompetent. Wouldn't advise anyone to see them, except if you want an example of a sequel that just completely misunderstands the appeal of original.

williewillus

• Chinese American, programmer, danmaku nerd
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • williewillus
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:16:04 AM »
I kinda sped through the anime without really absorbing much of it several years back. Maybe I'll read the VN's instead.

SeroVich

• Youkai Hunter Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:22:02 PM »
Also, a nice reminder... For the love of what's holy and good, DO NOT SPOIL ME!! Okay...?

« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:58:30 PM »
Do post your thoughts as you go. Even I, someone for whom spoilers only spark the interest more, would agree this is best experienced blind. The stories masterfully build up expectations and then break them with awesome twists. So making notes to see how things change around could be fun to see.