~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
Touhou Accomplishments Thread 24: v3 Edition
<< < (4/7) > >>
Petitssk:

--- Quote from: nintendonut888 on July 10, 2021, 03:52:41 AM ---Spoiler:
Impossible Spell Card No Items 100% clear. I never thought I would accomplish this, but I decided to revisit the infamous 10-4 a couple days ago and discovered I had become skilled enough to handle it! Afterwards, I went ahead and captured the remaining scenes I had yet to do no items - 9-1, 6-5, 10-5, and finally 10-6. At long last, I have become the Ultimate Cheating Lifeform!

Since I did this over the course of 7 years, I don't have any big grand video I could make (I didn't even save most the replays), but here is a video of 10-4 I made, complete with a guide in the description for others seeking to do the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcUJN-BXqx0

--- End quote ---

Oh, wow, that actually is really neat, congratulations! While playing through the game, I did play a few scenes without using items when it felt like it could be done without some insane strategies, but many of the scenes don't exactly seem to be designed without use of items in mind, so this really does seem like a rather insane achievement.

That being said, I guess it's safe to assume that only use of primary items counts towards this? Meaning that sub items can be used without repercussions to increase damage output, for instance?

Either way, it's great to see that you're still around!
Crawling and Playing:
I'm nowhere near as capable at shooting games as I might have been a decade or so ago, probably due to various things like eyesight not as good and just in general not having the patience or will to retry shooting game stages over and over again... But I recently 1cc'd Unconnected Marketeers on Hard, which probably wouldn't be that impressive to past-me, but I'm feeling pretty good about it!
Karisa:

--- Quote from: Petitssk on December 31, 2021, 10:17:07 AM ---That being said, I guess it's safe to assume that only use of primary items counts towards this? Meaning that sub items can be used without repercussions to increase damage output, for instance?
--- End quote ---
It depends on if the sub-item is active or passive, as far as I know? For example:
- The doll that increases shot size is allowed, and is the usual choice for no-item runs
- The yin-yang orb that's supposed to decrease hitbox size is allowed, but I've heard it's bugged and only works for laser hitboxes?
- The tanuki statue that absorbs a hit is not allowed
raikaria:
So I've actually got into playing Unconnected Marketeers. When I was last playing the mainline games was when LLK was the most recent.

Anyway, I found out you can unlock more initial card slots by clearing the game on any difficulty. I was struggleing really hard on Normal; hardly able to reach Stage 4 on a 1CC and hardly reaching Chimata with all Continues.

I 1CC'ed Easy on my first try. With a life to spare. With my Keyboard going on the fritz and costing me a life so it really should have been 2 lives to spare.

Wow; there's a MASSIVE difference between UM Easy and UM Normal. I feel UM Normal is a really hard Normal mode, but UM Easy... I was *blind* on Chimata and still beat everything but her final two spells without bombing or dying; and perfected the Stage 4 boss.

Is that just me, or is there really such a huge gulf between UM Easy and UM Normal?

Also; feels weird to unlock Extra with Easy Clear.

I guess I can add UM Easy to my 1CC list. I mean, it's more than I an say for UFO/SA/LLK.
nintendonut888:
Nice work. Incidentally, you can unlock a third starting card slot by reaching the alternate good ending (achieved by choosing Chimata's "discard all cards" card on stage 5 and then 1ccing). I'm not sure if I've actually tried UM easy, but normal is a healthy challenge.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version